Title: - Alone.

Author: - Kattanon

E-mail: - kattanon@hotmail.com

Rating: - NC-17.

Fandom: - The Mummy.

Pairing: - Jonathan/m.

Archive: - If you'd like it just let me know.

Feedback: - Like or loathe it let me know.

Warning: - Contains violence and non-con.

Disclaimer: - I don't own any of the characters of The Mummy, I'm just borrowing them to play with.

For Sheri, because she asked.



Alone - Chapter 1.
By Kattanon


Jonathan shivered as he stepped out of the warmth and noise of the bar and onto the quiet, dark street. He pulled his jacket closer around himself as a cold wind blew down the empty street; the whiskey he'd just consumed in rather large quantities doing little to keep the chill from settling deep into his bones. For a moment he paused torn between re-entering the bar with it's noise and smells of alcohol and unwashed bodies, but mostly with it's hubbub of humanity, the company of others, and turning towards the lure of his warm bed. A yawn decided the question for him and he turned to the right and made his way a little unsteadily down the street.

As he walked Jonathan considered the past evening. He was usually the life and soul of the party always ready to have a good time, a little drink and a good card game, but lately he just couldn't seem to socialise as he had, and tonight had been no exception. Instead of finding some fool he could fleece out of his money at a game of poker he spent his time sitting alone making his way through the best part of a bottle of cheap whiskey. It had been this way ever since he'd returned from Hamunaptra with Evy and O'Connell. For the first time in his life he felt alone. Before, what ever happened, whatever trouble he had managed to get himself into he'd known he'd always had Evy. If he'd needed a little money to pay off a few debts or someone to pay a fine or two and so get him out of the local jail he knew that Evy would always come through for him. However, things were different now, now there was O'Connell. He was used to being the only man in his little sister's life, but now he'd been replaced and he wasn't at all sure he liked the feeling. Of course he loved Evy and wanted her to be happy but he couldn't help feeling a little shut out.

During the journey back to civilisation from Hamunaptra the two lovebirds had billed and cooed with eyes for nothing but each other. At night Jonathan had taken to sleeping as far away from the fire as he could without freezing so he could afford them some privacy for their courtship. The old adage was definitely true "two's company but three's a crowd". It wasn't done on purpose he was sure, he knew Evy wasn't like that and O'Connell seemed a decent sort of chap, but still it had made him uncomfortable. When they'd returned to Cairo things hadn't changed. He had wanted to return home to England as soon as possible, begin to spend his newfound wealth in the comfortable surroundings of London. However, Evy had wanted to delay things for a month. She felt obliged to help the new curator settle in at the museum of antiquities, and even though it meant her wedding to O'Connell was delayed, as they'd decide to get married in England, she was determined. As Jonathan already knew, and as O'Connell was finding out, once Evy made up her mind over something there was no changing it. He smiled as he remembered the obstinate look on her face as she'd refused to be talked out of her decision to stay in Egypt a little bit longer. So now Evy spent her days at the museum, usually with O'Connell in tow while Jonathan spent his day in bed with the shutters closed sleeping off a hang over from the night before. The three of them only tended to see each other when they met for dinner and once that was over they went their separate ways. Evy and O'Connell out for a moonlight stroll and Jonathan off to drown his sorrows in a cheap back alley bar somewhere. When he thought about it Jonathan felt a little ashamed of himself for resenting, even if it was just a little, Evy's happiness. Of course Evy was always telling him he was selfish and needed to grow up and it seemed as if she'd been right.

Jonathan paused and looked about himself and was surprised to see that he'd taken a wrong turning somehow on his journey. Instead of being nearly at journeys end he was in a less than salubrious part of the city. This was an area that even the locals tended to avoid and foreigners should certainly never venture in to. He stood for a moment and thoughtfully chewed his bottom lip. If he turned back he would waste at least half an hour walking back to the right path, but if he carried on he'd be back in the safer area of the city in half a mile or so, and in his bed in twenty minutes. It seemed to make more sense to carry on after all he'd been fine so far and a quick surreptitious look around confirmed his belief that he was alone. Besides he thought to himself he had just returned from facing Imhotep, various mummy warriors and those vicious scarabs. At the thought of the latter Jonathan unconsciously rubbed at the wound on his shoulder where O'Connell had had to cut one of the beastly things out from under his skin while Ardeth Bey had held him still. He shuddered at the memory and tried to think of something other than his time fighting evil and saving the world. Although he wouldn't admit it one of the reasons Jonathan spent this nights drinking was that it meant he didn't have to have the nightmares that plagued his sleep otherwise.

Suddenly a noise behind him startled Jonathan out of his thoughts. He stopped and frowning turned to peer into the darkness of the streets and alleyways behind him. He could see nothing but he felt the hairs stand up on the back of his neck as he got the feeling that he was being watched by unseen eyes. Hoping it was just a case of paranoia brought on by recent events he turned and walked on, a little faster than before. However, Jonathan was unable to shake the feeling of being watched and found himself glancing behind himself every few steps. Then he heard it that was definitely the sound of a booted footstep off to his left enshrouded in the impenetrable darkness of the alleyway there. Peering into the darkness Jonathan tried to sound unafraid and confident as he asked, "Who's there? Look I know someone's there and this isn't funny.if you think you're scaring me you're mistaken and it would be best for you if you left right now."

Jonathan winced to himself as his voice wavered a little at the last. However, he forgot that when he heard a low laugh coming out of the shadows followed by a sharp whistle. Jonathan stumbled backwards and felt his heart thud in his chest as he knocked into a solid body that had seemed to appear out of thin air behind him. Before he had the chance to jump away or shout out he felt a large knife press against his throat and an equally large hand clamp over his mouth.



Chapter 2.

Jonathan felt the sharp, metal tip of the knife press into the soft skin of his throat; the unspoken threat broadcasted loud and clear. He winced as he felt a slight increase in the pressure of the blade from the man who held him, which meant that it cut into his flesh. A thin dribble of warm blood ran down his neck to be soaked into the collar of his shirt. Jonathan desperately put his right hand up to grab onto the arm of the man, trying to arrest any further forward momentum of the knife. For a second he expected to feel the blade slice through his throat like a warm knife through butter. He wouldn't be the first foreigner to have wondered into the wrong part of Cairo and to have ended up lying in a gutter, robbed with his throat cut. In fact such a fate would have appealed to Jonathan's sense of humour if it weren't for the harsh reality of the situation, to have survived the supernatural perils of Hamunaptra only to fall victim to street robbers. Then much to his relief he felt the pressure of the knife lesson. It was still held to his throat, but it was no longer drawing blood. The man who held him began to pull him backwards and with no choice Jonathan let himself be dragged along.

As he was dragged back into the darkness of the nearest alleyway Jonathan became aware of another man following them. He supposed it was the mysterious figure that had whistled out of the shadows to signal for his capture. However, for the moment the other man stayed out of his sight just off to the left, the grip the first man had on him prevented Jonathan from turning his head to look. Just then the man holding him stopped and the knife disappeared from Jonathan's throat. He could feel the man reaching behind himself, the sound of fingers scrabbling against a wooden latch. Jonathan realised that he was going to be taken in off the street, into some sort of building and he had the sense to know that that was not a good thing. At least out here on the street there was a chance that someone might come along and rescue him, or at least scare his attackers off. It was also possible that he'd be able to slip out of his captor's grasp and get away, but he didn't think that would be a possibility if he found himself in an enclosed space with the two men. So Jonathan tried to seize his chance when he felt the hand covering his mouth relax slightly. He managed to open his mouth and bite down on the man's fingers as hard as he could. Jonathan tried to ignore the disgust he felt at the thought of the stinking, obviously dirty, flesh in his mouth, and then the taste of the other man's blood as he broke the skin. The effect was immediate, the man holding him howled in pain and let him go, thrusting Jonathan away from himself unbalancing him slightly. Jonathan didn't need an invitation, he whirled away for his attacker, but just as he steadied himself and prepared to run he felt a jarring blow to his head. It seemed that the second, unseen man carried a weapon or stick of some kind that he used to smack Jonathan in the side of his head. The blow stunned Jonathan making him feel nauseous, his whole world seemed to be spinning around him, out of control. He knew he had to get away and that this would be his only chance but his legs refused to obey him. They wobbled under him and he felt himself fall heavily against the wall, and slowly slide down to the ground. Jonathan could hear his breathing coming in short, sharp gasps as he tried to remain conscious, his vision rapidly greying around the edges. As if from a distance he could hear someone cursing in Arabic and then a second voice barking out sharp commands for silence. That second voice seemed vaguely familiar to Jonathan but he couldn't grab hold of the thought in his brain, it skipped away like just about every other coherent thought in there. His eyesight was blurred but he was aware of a large figure bending over him, hands roughly grabbing onto him and pulling him upright. Before his consciousness finally fled Jonathan felt himself being lifted up and hoisted over someone's shoulder like a sack of grain.

The next thing Jonathan was aware of was someone slapping his face, none too gently either. With a grunt he pulled his face away and immediately had to swallow down the bitter sting of bile as it rose up in his throat. He groaned and winced as the sound sent waves of pain through his head. A harsh voice sounded from above him as he felt himself slapped again, "Come on open your eyes I know you're awake Carnahan!"

Damn, Jonathan recognised that voice James Holden. Jonathan had fleeced Holden out of some cash during a game of poker a couple of days before he'd met O'Connell. Admittedly Jonathan had bent the rules a little to ensure he'd won but he'd done it to teach Holden a lesson as much as to get his hands on his money. Holden was renowned as a bad loser, he had an overbearing character, thinking he was so much better then everyone else, and Jonathan couldn't bare people like that and so he'd taken it upon himself to take Holden down a peg or two. He'd known that Holden had been fuming when he'd lost to Jonathan and Jonathan had known it wouldn't take him long to figure out that he'd cheated. That was how he'd met O'Connell and relieved him of the key. Jonathan had been lying low trying to keep out of Holden's way, and had met O'Connell in a bar he'd not frequented before. Now it seemed that Holden had tracked him down, and it seemed he still bore a grudge. However, in one sense Jon!
athan was relieved, if this had been a street robbery he would have been in uncharted waters, but he was pretty sure he'd be able to handle Holden. Slowly and carefully Jonathan opened his eyes and putting on his best, most disarming smile said, "Hello Jamie old boy was there something you wanted?"

Upon opening his eyes Jonathan found he was in a small, dirty storeroom. There were some sacks and barrels staked up in one corner and a table and a couple of chairs off to one side of a heavy wooden door. There didn't seem to be any windows, the only light coming from an old oil lamp and several candles. The lack of ventilation made the air in the room stuffy, heavy with a smell of something rotten. Jonathan was lying on the dirt floor of the room and standing off to one side of him was a huge Egyptian. He was scowling at Jonathan and by his hastily bandaged hand Jonathan guessed this was the knife man. Just settling himself into one of the chairs by the table was Holden. He was several inches taller than Jonathan with a bigger, more thickset build. He was in his forties, his black hair beginning to grey at the temples and thin out on the top. He always seemed to have a permanent sneer on his face that was evident now as he looked at Jonathan as he lay on the floor. Not wanting to be in a position where Holden could look down on him literally, Jonathan began to push himself upright, "Ah, ah, ah Carnahan I think I prefer you down there where you belong." Holden sneered.

With one hand he signaled his accomplice and before he could avoid it Jonathan gasped in pain as the Egyptian gave him a kick to his stomach. Jonathan spent the next minute or two concentrating on merely getting oxygen into his winded body, while he lay curled up on himself. Finally able to talk again he didn't make the mistake of trying to get up again, but he looked over to Holden and prayed he could talk his way out of this.

"Look Jamie I can tell you're a little upset, but if this is about the money I can pay you back. I've been lucky and ah.come into a bit of a windfall so."

Jonathan didn't get any further before Holden interrupted him,

"Shut up!" He shouted, his voice sounding vicious. "Do you really think this is about the money? Damn the money I don't care about that. This is about you making me look like a fool, you cheated me in front of half of Cairo, made me a laughing stock, you didn't think I was going to let you get away with that did you?"

Beginning to get seriously worried about the situation now Jonathan tried once more to placate the furious man in front of him,

"I'm sure no one was." Once again Holden didn't let him get any further.

"I don't want to hear it Carnahan. I've been waiting for this moment, I didn't think I'd get the chance when you disappeared off into the desert, but you made the mistake of coming back here. Now you're mine, and now I'm going to make you pay, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it."


Chapter 3.

Jonathan's mind was in a whirl he could see that this situation had the potential to get out of hand very quickly. He knew that Holden was known as having a filthy and very volatile temper, and he was pretty sure he didn't want to be on the receiving end of it. Trying once again to be reasonable he said, "Look Jamie I can see I've really upset you and I'm sorry for that, but I'm sure we can come to an.um.an amicable arrangement. We're both English gentlemen after all and."

Here Jonathan was interrupted by a burst of laughter from Holden, "You Carnahan a gentleman, you don't know the meaning of the word. You're nothing but a cheat and a thief and you're finally going to get what you deserve!"

Now despite his growing apprehension Jonathan felt rather aggrieved, true he'd sailed rather close to the wind sometimes, but only ever out of necessity and never with any intentional malice. While keeping a wary eye on Holden's Egyptian side-kick Jonathan pulled himself into a sitting position and was quite proud at the amount of wounded pride the tone of his voice managed to communicate, "I say that's uncalled for you're not exactly whiter than white yourself James."

Holden leaned forward in his chair his eyes staring into Jonathan's, smirking as he replied, "Ah, but we're not here to discuss me are we? Oh and since you brought it up I'd rather you didn't call yourself an English gentleman, everyone knows that you and that sister of yours are only half-breeds. Your father went native didn't he and got himself some Egyptian whore."

At those words Jonathan felt a flare of anger burn through him, it was an old taunt one that had gotten him into numerous fights as a boy, one that he'd never let Evy hear knowing she'd have been devastated by it. Forgetting about the huge Egyptian standing only a few feet away Jonathan surged up from the floor, "How dare you. you take that back or I swear."

He got no further as he felt two strong arms envelope him from behind completely bringing him to a stand still, and although he fought and kicked back with his feet it was no use he was held fast.

"Tut, tut, tut Carnahan temper, temper. You see there it is that native blood in you making you hot-headed."

Holden said smiling a cold smile that didn't quite make it to his eyes. He went on ignoring Jonathan's struggles, "You know I couldn't believe my luck when I saw you stumbling half drunk down the street earlier. I was here to carry out a bit of business and there you were, it was like a gift from on high. I just had to follow you until you came to this little place of mine here, I.ah keep it for emergencies, never know when you might need a bolt hole eh." He explained.

Having exhausted himself in his fruitless struggling Jonathan quieted down and listened to Holden. The hope he'd had that he'd be able to talk his way out of this quickly fading, and he found a growing sense of foreboding as he looked at the flushed face of his captor.

Standing up Holden approached Jonathan and only stopped when his face was mere inches from his.

"Do you know what the beauty of this place is hmm.no one asks questions and no one noses into anyone else's business. So you can make as much noise as you like Carnahan and no one will care, and no one will come to help you."

Puzzled and suddenly very afraid Jonathan winced as his voice faltered when he asked, "What.what do you mean.what.are you talking about?"

Jonathan flinched backwards unable to move very far because of the solid body directly behind him when Holden reached out one hand and very slowly and gently stroked it down the side of his face, from his brow to his chin. Before he could ask Holden just what he thought he was doing he hissed in pain when Holden's touch became harsh and bruising. Holden grabbed hold of Jonathan's chin in a punishing grip, and Jonathan was sure he could actually feel the finger tip bruises that would be sure to be left there already forming on his skin. Holding his face absolutely still Holden leaned in even further until Jonathan could feel his warm breath as it brushed against his lips, and for one insane moment Jonathan actually thought Holden was going to kiss him. Instead he whispered, "Time to pay the piper now Carnahan. You've been a very naughty boy and now you have to be punished.and remember you can make as much noise as you want.you can scream as much as you want and no one will care and no one will come and help you."

Holden suddenly let go of Jonathan's chin and moved back, and Jonathan was surprised to find that he'd been holding his breath. Taking a deep breath and trying to calm down he could feel his heart wildly thumping in his chest as he asked, "What are you going to do?"

Holden had moved back to the table and when he turned to face Jonathan he was holding a cane in his right hand. It was probably what he'd used to hit Jonathan with outside when he'd tried to get away, "I told you, teach you a lesson you're never going to forget."

Holden barked some commands to his accomplice in Arabic too quickly for Jonathan to follow what was said. However, he got the gist of it when he felt his hands roughly pulled behind his back and quickly tied tightly with some kind of thin rope or cord. Then he was pushed over to the table where Holden was waiting. Smiling Holden said, "Time to bend over and take your punishment like a man."

Then he tapped his cane against the tabletop making it perfectly clear just what the punishment was going to comprise of. Shaking his head not quite believing that Holden could possible mean it Jonathan said, "No.no you wouldn't dare. You can't be serious.you can't do this to me."

"Oh I can and I will.and this is just the beginning, I've got lots planned for you Carnahan or maybe I should call you Jonathan eh.or Jonny would you like that? You see I've been thinking about this.about you for quite a while now, and now that I've got you here.well I'm just going to make the most of it."

Before Jonathan could reply, before he could ask Holden what he was talking about, he saw him nod at the man behind him who still had a firm grip on his shoulders and he felt himself pushed forward again. He was stopped by the edge of the table that cut painfully into his stomach at waist level. Jonathan felt a large, powerful hand grab him by the scruff of his neck and he felt his head being forced downwards. He tried to resist but the man behind him was far too strong for him and suddenly his head went forward and he felt it smash painfully into the tabletop. Jonathan was stunned for a moment as his head turned to one side, and the hand that remained holding onto the back of his neck was joined by another pinning him down to the table's surface by pressing down in the middle of his back. He gasped in some ragged breaths as he tried to re-orientate himself, the buzzing in his head subsided and suddenly Jonathan was aware of a body pressed up against him from behind and arms reaching around to his front. Fingers had managed to undo the buttons that fastened his braces onto the front of his trousers and were now fumbling with the fastening at the front of the trousers themselves. He felt the buttons undone and hands, Holden's hands, pulling at the waistband of his trousers trying to tug them down. Despite being pressed down into the table Jonathan managed to cry out, "No!"

He desperately kicked back with his feet, but unable to get any real strength behind the kick he knew he hadn't done much damage when he felt his foot connect with Holden's leg.

"That's enough of that." Holden said.

The kick which he then aimed at Jonathan's left leg sent a spike of excruciating pain shooting up Jonathan's leg into his hip and left him gasping. As he fought his way through this agony Jonathan felt a huge wave of humiliation rush through him as he felt cold air stir against his bare skin as Holden succeeded in pulling down his trousers and underwear. He felt the clothes pushed down to his ankles and then he felt disgust well up inside him as he felt Holden's hand come to rest on his naked lower back. It seemed to Jonathan that the heat from Holden's touch was burning a mark straight into his flesh, and he had to swallow down the acid burn of bile as it rose up into his throat as Holden stroked his finger tips almost possessively down over Jonathan's buttocks. Jonathan couldn't keep the growing panic he felt from his voice as he angrily shouted, "Don't touch me.get your filthy hands off me!"

Holden's only response was to laugh at Jonathan's growing distress. The relief he felt when that disgusting touch left him was short lived when he heard a whoosh of an object moving quickly through the air and then he felt a stinging bite of pain as Holden's cane connected with his backside. He barely had time to register this first blow before another and another followed it. Jonathan squeezed his eyes tightly shut as he tried unsuccessfully to prevent the bitter sting of tears from escaping from the corners of his eyes. He bit into his lip as he tried to muffle the sounds of his suffering that wanted to escape from his throat. He tasted blood in his mouth as his teeth broke the sensitive skin of his lower lip and he re-doubled his efforts to keep silent, not wanting to give Holden the satisfaction Jonathan was sure he'd feel at hearing him cry out. Jonathan felt himself jump with each blow, with no two blows seeming to come down in the same place. Holden was spreading them out from Jonathan's lower back, down over his buttocks and even down the backs of his thighs to his knees. Holden seemed to be well practiced at this form of punishment, his blows were hard enough to cause suffering and bruise the skin raising a painful welt but he was restrained enough not to break the skin, and not to give his victim the escape of unconsciousness. After the twelfth blow Jonathan stopped keeping count and found that as much as he tried he was unable to keep his suffering to himself anymore. Each blow so quickly followed the one preceding it that the burning, stinging pain from each blow merged into the one before it and then into the one that followed it. Jonathan's first yelp of pain seemed to encourage Holden and the beating intensified. Finally Jonathan couldn't restrain himself anymore and he heard himself scream in agony at a harsh blow from the cane which criss-crossed an earlier strike and caused the welt that had already formed there to double the flare of severe pain he felt. It seemed to Jonathan that once that first scream had left his mouth that he was unable to stop anymore from doing the same, and soon his throat began to burn from the torture it was being made to vocalize. He wasn't sure how much time had passed; it seemed like an eternity, but finally Holden stopped. Over his own broken sobs Jonathan could hear Holden's exhausted, ragged breathing as he stepped away from him and admired his handy work.

Jonathan could feel Holden's eyes raking over his beaten body as surely as if he could see them, and he could feel his body begin to tremble with shock at the suffering he had endured. At an unseen, unheard signal the Egyptian man holding Jonathan down suddenly released him and stepped back. Jonathan had no strength left in him, and he couldn't prevent his legs from giving out on him as he slid from the table and ended up in a heap on the floor. He could hear his own harsh, hitching breathing as he tried to bring his sobbing under control, but he couldn't stop him self from whimpering softly when he heard Holden move towards him and say, "Now that you've gotten me warmed up Jonny we can start to have some real fun together."



Chapter 4.

Jonathan could hear Holden getting nearer and wanted to move, to put as much distance between himself and his tormentor as possible. However, when he tried to get up he found he had no strength left in his beaten body. He could hear Holden's cruel laughter as he watched Jonathan's futile attempts. Jonathan squeezed his eyes shut and tried to regain some kind of control over his body. He was shaking; not only in shock but also from the deep sobs that still rose up from his chest and which he couldn't seem to stop. His heart was beating wildly and he could hear the rush of blood in his ears. His lower back, backside and thighs felt as if they were on fire, a non-stop source of agony that came in waves throbbing in time to his rapid heartbeat. Jonathan had been in fights before, although he much preferred to talk his way out of trouble, and usually could; he had been on the wrong end of the occasional fist. He had even been beaten once, with a belt by his father when he was twelve and his father had caught him gambling. Of course his father only managed to strike him half a dozen times before he'd stopped thrown the belt away and had hugged a shocked Jonathan in tears promising never to do it again. However, none of those events could have prepared him for this. It wasn't only the pain, though that was bad enough, it was the complete and utter humiliation he felt. He had been powerless, held down by Holden's huge Egyptian servant and then striped and beaten like a child. Underlying that of course was the ugly suspicion Jonathan had that Holden had actually enjoyed it. Jonathan wasn't naïve, he knew there were those who got gratification from inflicting pain on others and it seemed pretty obvious that Holden was one of these people, but Jonathan was afraid that there was more to Holden than just a sadistic streak. His words that promised this was just the beginning that now they could ".start to have some real fun together" terrified Jonathan, as did the memory of Holden's possessive touch before the beating!
had begun.

Suddenly Jonathan was aware of Holden's close proximity. He had stepped close to Jonathan and dropped down onto his haunches next to him. With one hand Holden reached out and gently smoothed Jonathan's hair back. Jonathan tried to be strong, to show no reaction but he couldn't prevent himself from flinching away from that poisonous touch. This only made Holden chuckle and he trailed his fingers down over Jonathan's face feeling his tears and delighting in the sensation, "Aw poor baby did that hurt hmm? Never mind it won't seem so bad in a minute.I've got something especially for you that's going to help take your mind off that."

Jonathan steeled himself and then opened his eyes. Looking into that cruel, sneering face he asked the question that was burning in his mind. He thought he'd already guessed the answer and was terrified he was correct, "What.what are you going.to do now?"

"Oh I told you I've been thinking about you didn't I Jonny. Well you'd be surprised I bet at just what I've been thinking about you. You know how it is I'm sure.dark, lonely nights only yourself and your imagination for company hmm." Holden smirked and leaned down even closer to Jonathan as he spoke. "A little self-pleasuring shall we say.you know how it is when one gets the urge.and guess who it is I've been thinking about lately while I've been indulging myself. Can you guess Jonny? Oh I'm going to enjoy this.get to act out my fantasies. Of course you won't enjoy it quite so much as me I'm sure, but that's not really the point is it eh. Oh and remember you can scream as loudly as you like Jonny.and I intend to make you scream."

With one final cold smile Holden straightened up and barked out some orders to his accomplice. Jonathan felt a huge hand grab his hair and another one grab his shoulder as he was unceremoniously heaved up from the floor. He tried and failed to get his feet under him and was dragged around and again bent over the table his face pressed down into its wooden surface.

Jonathan could feel the air behind him stir as Holden moved in to stand directly behind him. Holden's hand reached out and came to rest against Jonathan's backside. He slowly rubbed along several of the welts that the beating had left there, causing pain to flare up sharply, making Jonathan gasp. In a quiet voice, almost so quiet Jonathan had to strain to hear what he said, he whispered, "Your skin bruises beautifully Jonny. You look absolutely delicious."

Jonathan was gripped by panic and although it was agony to move he tried to struggle, to wriggle out from under that powerful grip that held him face down in this humiliating and vulnerable position. Although he knew that it would do him no good he tried to appeal to Holden, "Come on now James you don't want to do something you're gonna regret later. This hasn't gone too far yet.alright you've.umm.you've punished me and fair enough I was wrong to cheat you I admit that. Not this though.James you can't do this. I don't.I don't want this.if you do this it'll be against my will.it'll be.um.it'll be."

Jonathan started when he felt Holden lean over him, draping his body over Jonathan's, his mouth down by Jonathan's ear as he said the word that Jonathan couldn't bring himself to articulate, "Rape Jonny.is that the word you're looking for."

With that his tongue flicked out, like a serpent's, and licked the top of Jonathan's ear making him shudder in disgust and fear.

"Christ James you can't.you can't be serious." Jonathan stuttered.

"Oh I'm serious Jonny just feel how serious I am." Holden said.

With that he rubbed himself against Jonathan's body. Jonathan hissed in pain as the rough material of Holden's clothes brushed against his sensitive bruised and abused flesh.

"See what you do to me Jonny." Holden told him.

Jonathan felt Holden push his pelvis up against his buttocks and obscenely rub himself firmly against him. Jonathan felt bile rise up in his throat when he felt Holden's erection pressed against him.

Jonathan shivered when suddenly Holden moved away from him and the burning heat of the other man's body draped on top of his was gone. However, his reprieve was short lived when he heard a sound like Holden spitting and then felt his spit slickened fingers brush against his buttocks. Jonathan heard a whimper of fear escape from his mouth as Holden's fingers dipped into the cleft there and probed for the hidden entrance to his body. He tried to squirm away but felt the grip on him tighten and the large man holding him down pressed more of his weight down on Jonathan, successfully pinning him down even more. Jonathan stilled holding his breath, every muscle in his body clenched tight in preparation for the violation he knew was about to occur when he felt Holden stroke his fingers against his anus.

"If you relax Jonny you never know you might even enjoy this." Holden told him, his excitement evident in his mocking voice.

Then with no warning he stabbed into Jonathan's unwilling body with a finger. Jonathan cried out at the sharp burning pain he felt lance through his body. Holden pushed his finger in as far as it would go and left it there not moving, not speaking. Jonathan could hear his own breathing, harsh and loud to his ears. Every sensation was heightened by his fear. The weight of the man standing over him, immobilizing him, the fetid stench of his breath. The feel of the cold wooden surface of the table against his face, the sharp edge of it cutting into his stomach. The intrusion of Holden's finger in his body and the creeping terror that soon it would be something else. Something that would rip into him tearing apart his body and soul and changing him forever


Chapter 5

Jonathan’s head was spinning, this couldn’t be real, surely he was experiencing some horribly intense nightmare. He heard his own voice as he whimpered in fear as Holden suddenly pulled his finger from his body and stepped back. Jonathan squeezed his eyes shut wishing he would wake up, wishing himself away from here, desperate to somehow prevent the abomination he knew was inevitable. He bit into his lower lip causing more blood to trickle slowly down his chin, as he tried not to vocalize his terror when he heard the rustle of clothing being removed coming from behind him. He didn’t want to beg, he didn’t want to give Holden the satisfaction, but he couldn’t stop himself, the words spilling from his lips, "Pl…pl…please J…James…please don’t. I’m s…sorry, I’m sorry…but don’t do this…please."

Holden didn’t answer and Jonathan could feel tears running down his face and hear the sobs that were hitching in his chest. He started, his heart jumping into his throat as he suddenly felt hands pushing his shirt up and nails being raked down his back to his buttocks. Then the polluting touch stroked down over his abused flesh and Jonathan knew that whatever he did he would never be able to wash away the filth that those hands were leaving behind on his body. The harsh and brutal grasp of Holden’s servant prevented Jonathan from moving away, but still he tried unsuccessfully to squirm away, much to Holden’s amusement. Jonathan felt ill when he heard Holden’s quiet, mirthless chuckle. Desperate Jonathan sobbed, "Don’t…don’t touch me…please don’t."

Holden gripped Jonathan’s hips his nails digging cruelly into his flesh as he pressed his body against Jonathan. The warm flesh burned Jonathan and he could feel his entire body tense in fear as he felt Holden’s naked erection pressed against his backside. Holden draped himself over Jonathan and whispered huskily, "Oh Jonny don’t worry I’m going to touch you as much as I like, and I’m going to touch you in places you’ve never been touched before."

Jonathan felt himself jump when Holden pulled back and he felt the man’s spit slickened fingers once again probing to gain entrance to his body. Despite his best efforts to keep him out Holden merely forced first one and then two fingers into him, not caring how much pain he was causing. It was a pain that stole Jonathan’s breath away for a moment, a sharp burning that he knew was only going to get much worse. Not content this time just to have breached Jonathan’s body Holden began to move his fingers, pulling them back an inch or two before brutally plunging them back inside him. Jonathan could hear Holden’s breath begin to come in excited pants and then he began to murmur, "Oh yes…oh Jonny this is going to be so good. You’re so tight…so hot."

Without even realizing he was doing it Jonathan began to chant a near silent litany of his own, "No, no, please, no, no please…"

Suddenly the invading fingers were pulled from inside him and before he had a chance to realise what Holden was going to do next he felt his entire world explode in white hot agony as Holden thrust his erection into him. To Jonathan it felt as if he was being torn apart, the agonizing burning, tearing pain consuming him from the inside out. Holden paused for a moment after that first thrust and Jonathan could hear his own scream echoing in his ears. However, Holden didn’t wait for long, he merely gripped Jonathan’s hips even harder, and with a brutal grunt of effort thrust himself all the way into Jonathan’s unwilling body. Again Jonathan screamed, the pain unlike anything he’d ever experienced before. The bite of the scarab, the feel of it burrowing under his flesh, the slash of O’Connell’s knife was nothing compared to this. He could hear a loud buzzing in his ears and his vision grayed at the edges, and for one hopeful moment Jonathan actually thought he was going to pass out from the pain. Unfortunately he wasn’t going to be that lucky.

For a moment though they remain like that unmoving. Jonathan held down over the table by the huge, strong Egyptian and Holden buried deep inside him. The silence was only broken by the sound of the three men’s breathing. For Jonathan the moment seemed to stretch on for an eternity. The feel of Holden’s body pressed tightly up against him, the feel of the large hand that was holding him down on his back that began to stroke it’s clumsy, large fingers over his skin. Then he felt Holden’s nails once more cut ten half moons into the flesh of his hips as he began to move inside him. Every thrust was a burning agony and Jonathan couldn’t stop himself from screaming. His cry’s seemed to excite Holden even more and he began to thrust faster, harder and deeper into Jonathan. Suddenly Jonathan could feel something warm running down the insides of his thighs and he realised with a horrified shudder that it was his blood. He’d known there would be blood, he’d felt the tissues deep inside his body being ripped and torn by Holden’s brutality but he felt bile rise up burning his throat at the thought of it. As Jonathan’s screams began to become pained groans of agony so Holden’s grunts began to be formed into words, "Oh yeah Jonny…so good…so tight…so hot…I knew you’d be so good…"

Jonathan tried to blot his voice out knowing that he’d be hearing it in his nightmares for the rest of his life. It seemed to Jonathan that his torture was never going to end. Holden stabbing deeply into him, driving him into the rough wooden table under him, the warm hand of Holden’s servant becoming bolder and harsher in it’s touches. Then just when he was convinced he’d be trapped in this hell for eternity he felt Holden still for a moment then thrust deeply into him grunting out his obscene pleasure as he released his cum into Jonathan.

As Holden fell over his back, his weight suffocating Jonathan, Jonathan knew he’d never be able to rid his soul of this stain. The tears ran down his face as he sobbed out his misery. He didn’t move or react when Holden finally lifted himself up and pulled his now flaccid penis from his bloody body.

Holden came to stand next to him and leaning froward he grabbed Jonathan’s hair, pulling his head up from the table, and bringing his face down next to Jonathan’s he smiled as he said, "Oh Jonny was it good for you too hmmm? Now that’s one of my fantasies taken care of and it was just as good as I knew it would be. Do you know what else I fantasized about on those dark nights…hmm Jonny…Well not only was it my fantasy to fuck you but to watch you get fucked…so shall we let Hanif have his turn hmm…I think he’s looking forward to it."

With that Holden laughed and Jonathan wished he could die.

Chapter 6.

Jonathan tried to detach himself from his body. He tried to will himself away from that hot, claustrophobic room, away from the pain and humiliation he felt. In his mind he tried desperately to find something, anything, to latch onto so that he could escape from the present. In his mind he jumped from one memory to another, as the events in that room broke through each carefully constructed memory. He’d been lost in his fourteenth birthday, the last birthday he’d celebrated before his mother had died. His father had saved up for months and taken him and Evie and his mother to the Cairo Savoy for dinner. Jonathan had never been anywhere so sumptuous, so amazing; it had been like entering a different world. He’d just been remembering the look of joy on his mother’s face when Hanif had brutally thrust his way into him. The agonizing pain, the feeling of being rendered apart, ripping him away from his dream. Desperately trying to escape again, not wanting to feel his body being roughly taken, not wanting to hear Hanif’s grunts or his own cries of pain and desolation, not wanting to hear Holden’s laughter, Jonathan cast about in his mind for another reality to grab onto. His mind took him to the time he’d tried to teach Evie to dance. It had been a warm, fragrant evening a couple of years ago, and Jonathan had been teasing her about being stuffy, caring more about her books than having fun. He’d pulled her up from her chair, ignoring her protests as he tried to teach her to waltz. She’d been hopeless; two left feet, and had stepped all over his toes, before they’d both fallen to the floor laughing. He’d just been admiring the laughter that lit up Evie’s eyes when he felt the grip on his hips tighten, the pace being set by Hanif as he raped him becoming harder and faster. Jonathan reached out desperately with his mind, trying to hold onto that look in Evie’s eyes, wanting to flee back into that memory, but he was mercilessly being pulled into the here and now.

Jonathan no longer screamed, his throat was raw, his voice silenced. All he could manage was a pained grunt every time his body was roughly driven into the hard, cold surface of the table. He had his eyes clamped as tightly shut as he could manage, but it wasn’t tightly enough to prevent the seemingly never ending tears from leaking out and rolling down his cheeks. In between each grunt Jonathan sobbed out his misery, his loss. He did feel he was losing so much of himself, his entire being was being torn apart, and the different pieces were being scattered to the four winds, and he knew he’d never be able to find them again, he’d never be able to piece himself back together again. It made him think of the nursery rhyme his father used to sing to him when he was little. He was Humpty Dumpty, and no one would be able to put him back together again either.

After what seemed to Jonathan to be an eternity of torture he felt Hanif begin to quicken his pace, thrusting as deeply as he could, and then Jonathan felt his release. The filth that he polluted his body with spreading a dark, evil canker into every corner of his being, of his soul.

Jonathan cried out weakly at the sharp pain caused by Hanif pulling out of his body, and tried, unsuccessfully, to blot out the sound of Holden laughing and applauding their performance. No longer being held up by Hanif's strong arms Jonathan just didn’t have the strength left inside himself to stay upright. He felt himself slide from the table and crumple to the floor. He could feel blood and God knows what else leaking from his broken body, as it ran warm and wet down his thighs to pool onto the floor. The smell of Hanif’s unwashed body was strong in his nostrils, combined with the smell of fear and sex. Jonathan flinched at the feel of a hand on his face. God he never wanted to be touched by anyone ever again. He heard the small whimper that escaped from his lips, and cringed when Holden’s voice sounded in his ear.

"Oh that was so hot Jonny. You don’t know how beautiful you looked while Hanif took you. So much pain, so much despair it was delicious. Now one last thing and our perfect evening will be complete."

Finally opening his eyes to look into Holden’s face Jonathan couldn’t help begging him,

"Oh God…God James please no…no more. I…I can’t please…please don’t."

"But Jonny watching you and Hanif together…well I found it very stimulating and ah…I’m in need of a little relief you know. So this is what you’re going to do. You’re going to use that pretty mouth of yours for something other than lying and cheating."

Horrified at the implication of what Holden was saying Jonathan stared at him with wide, terror filled eyes. He immediately began shaking his head,

"No…no I won’t…I’d rather die…you…you can’t make me…I won’t."

Holden grabbed onto Jonathan’s shoulder with one hand, the other twisting itself into his hair, and he dragged him partially upright, causing pain to shoot through Jonathan’s abdomen. The pain was so intense it stole Jonathan’s breath for a moment, the world greying at the edges as it nearly pushed him into unconsciousness. However, Holden wouldn't allow him to get away so easily, and he shook him back to awareness. Desperately Jonathan reached out trying to grab onto the comforting numbness unconsciousness would bring, but found it faded away from him. Slipping through his fingers as he was brought back to the present moment.

"Oh you’ll do exactly what I tell you to do, because if you don’t it won’t be you I’ll get to suck my cock, it’ll be that little sister of yours. Would you prefer that Jonny? Would you prefer I spend some quality time getting to know Evie better hmm? Don’t think that American will be able to protect her either, if I want her I’ll get her, I always get what I want in the end you should know that." Holden snarled.

Jonathan knew that he meant every word, and the thought that Holden would make good on his threat, that he might touch Evie terrified Jonathan. At that second he knew he was beaten, he knew that he’d do anything Holden demanded of him to spare Evie. He was her big brother it was his duty to protector her, and if that meant giving into Holden’s perverted desires then that was exactly what he’d do. Besides this whole thing was his fault. If he hadn’t tried to be clever, if he hadn’t cheated Holden out of his money this wouldn’t be happening now. He couldn’t let Evie suffer for his sins. He was already lost; he’d do anything to ensure that she was protected.

"Alright…alright I’ll do anything you want just…please James don’t hurt her. It’s me you want not Evie don’t hurt her. I’ll cooperate."

Pulling Jonathan to his knees Holden stroked his hand through his hair,

"Good boy Jonny I knew you’d be sensible."

Jonathan saw Holden’s hand reach into his already open trousers as he prepared to pull his erection free, and closed his eyes. Once more Holden’s grip tightened in his hair as he pulled Jonathan’s head up,

"Look at me Jonny, open your eyes and look at me." He commanded his voice husky with lust.

Having no choice Jonathan obeyed and opened his eyes. Holden was staring right into Jonathan’s eyes, his gaze never wavering as he said,

"Don’t close your eyes. I want to be able to look into your eyes Jonny the entire time. You’d better do everything I tell you to or else I’ll pay little Evie a visit. Do you understand?"

Unable to speak Jonathan nodded his understanding to Holden and tried to prepare himself for the horror to come.

"Open that pretty mouth of yours Jonny, and I don’t want to feel any teeth." Holden told him.

Reluctantly Jonathan complied, and gagged when he felt Holden’s hard flesh shoving it’s way into his mouth. He wanted to squeeze his eyes shut, and had begun to do just that when he remembered Holden’s threat to Evie, and quickly opened them again. He saw Holden smirking at him in satisfaction as he said,

"Oh good boy Jonny, see you can learn to do what your told. Now don’t just sit there suck."

Unable to prevent the tears from falling from his eyes at this latest humiliation Jonathan did as he was told, and began to suck on Holden’s penis. The grasp of Holden’s hand in his hair tightened painfully, and Jonathan welcomed the pain. It was what he deserved, it was his punishment.

The hand in his hair kept his head still as Holden viciously raped his mouth. Jonathan was continually gagging as the hard flesh was thrust deeply into his mouth, banging into the back of his throat, bruising the delicate tissues there. All the time Holden stared into his eyes, his gaze never wavering, the lust and pleasure he was experiencing burning it's way into what little was left of Jonathan’s soul. As Holden’s thrusts became faster Jonathan found it increasingly difficult to breathe. He tried to pull in a ragged breath when Holden partially pulled out, but as he plunged himself back into Jonathan’s mouth so quickly Jonathan found it nearly impossible, and his vision began to fade as the lack of oxygen began to take it’s toll. Suddenly he heard Holden grunt loudly, and as he watched, Holden squeezed his eyes shut, his face twisting into an ugly mask. Then Jonathan felt his mouth being flooded with Holden’s hot cum. Holden’s erection was thrust as far down his throat as he could get it, and in an effort at self-preservation Jonathan’s body took over his reactions. In an effort to clear his airway he automatically began to swallow the bitter slimy liquid that had flooded his mouth. His stomach was rebelling at what was being forced into it, and the instant Holden finally let him go and stepped back Jonathan couldn’t stop himself from hunching over, and vomiting Holden’s cum onto the floor

Chapter 7.

The water had gone cold long ago, but Jonathan didn’t notice. He sat in the bath tub, his knees drawn up to his chest, his arms wrapped around them, staring, unblinking into the distance, not really seeing anything around him. The only sound was the drip, drip of water from the leaky hot water tap. The only movement, the slight shivering of Jonathan’s body, a combination of the cold water, and the shock his mind and body had suffered.

It was the sound of the muezzin’s calling the faithful to prayer from their lofty minarets, as it echoed over the Cairo rooftops, which finally dragged Jonathan reluctantly back to reality. Realizing he was cold Jonathan glanced down at himself, seeing the goose flesh that covered his body. He also saw the bruises and scratches marking his skin, flashbacks of how he’d received them forcing their way into his mind. He bit down on his lower lip to keep the sobs that threatened to overwhelm him inside.

Looking down at the pink hued water Jonathan felt his stomach roll in disgust, and he desperately needed to move, to get out of the blood tainted water. He gripped the sides of the bath, and slowly heaved himself up and out, wincing and hissing at the pain the movement caused throughout his abused body. He stood a little unsteadily as he pulled the plug, and let the bloody water drain away. For a moment Jonathan wished he could become one with the water and let himself be carried away into oblivion, just disappear and cease to exist. Small pools of water collected around his feet as he stood on the cool tiled floor of his bathroom watching the rapidly disappearing water. Tearing away his gaze Jonathan reached for a towel to wrap himself in.

Jonathan shuffled slowly into his bedroom, glad that the shutters were closed over the windows, and the room was muted by shadow. He was exhausted, more tired than he could ever remember being before. He felt on the verge of collapse, and then quickly acknowledged the fact that that was exactly what was about to happen. His mind and body were about to shut down, unable to take anything more. So reaching out a shaking hand Jonathan pulled back his blankets, and climbed in between the cool, clean, crisp sheets of his bed. The throbbing waves of pain that came from his tortured back meant he had to lie on his side, and as he did so he slowly brought his knees up to his chest, and tried to make himself as small as possible. He pulled the blankets up around his ears, and squeezed his eyes tightly shut, trying, and failing, to stop the tears that welled up in them from falling. Barely suppressed sobs racked his body, and Jonathan wished he could forget, but even as he prayed for amnesia unwanted memories crowded into his mind.

*

As soon as he’d finally managed to stop the dry heaves that had followed his nausea Jonathan had heard Holden’s mocking voice laughing at his suffering,

"It’s a good thing I’m such a reasonable chap Jonny, or that ungrateful display might have annoyed me, and then where would you be, hmm…I’d have to punish you again."

Jonathan hadn’t been able to stop the whimper from escaping from his throat, as terror coursed through his body, at the thought of Holden inflicting any more pain or humiliation on him. For a second he’d hated himself for showing his weakness to Holden, knowing only too well how much the other man would enjoy seeing his fear, but he couldn’t help himself.

Holden had just laughed at him again, and then turn to Hanif and barked out some orders in Arabic, which Jonathan’s confused, pain-filled mind couldn’t focus enough to understand. However, he saw Holden’s servant approaching him, and the raw memory of the big Egyptian’s hands on his body, of his grunting moans as he’d raped him, were enough to make Jonathan flinch, and try to drag himself backwards away from him. In a couple of strides though Hanif was upon him, and his large hands reached down and grabbed him by the shoulders, hauling him up to his feet, and he was grinning in Jonathan’s face. Jonathan closed his eyes and turned his face away, the man’s fetid breath warm against his skin threatening to start another round of sickness in him. Not sure what to expect next Jonathan had been surprised, but also flooded with relief, to feel his underwear and trousers being pulled back up. Then Hanif spun him around, and held him in place with a strong, bruising grip on his shoulders. Jonathan’s eyes were still squeezed shut, but a hard slap to his face, that made his ears ring with it’s force, snapped his eyes open again, and he found himself face to face with James Holden. He tried to pull away from his tormentor, but the solid presence of Hanif’s large body behind him prevented any escape, and besides the thought of being pressed up against the Egyptian’s body revolted him. So despite his body’s need to distance himself from Holden he was forced to stand his ground. However, he found himself unable to meet Holden’s eye and he was staring down at the dirt floor of the tiny room. Of course that hadn’t been good enough for Holden, and he’d reached out and grasped Jonathan’s chin, pulling his head up so that he’d had no choice but to look into Holden’s face.

"Ah that’s better, no need to sulk Jonny…you got what you deserved. Maybe next time you’ll think before you cheat someone hmmm?" Holden said to him. Then he leaned in even closer, and Jonathan felt his warm breath caress his cheek as he continued, "It was as good as I knew it would be…you don’t know how often I’d dreamed of sharing all that with you Jonny. You belong to me now, and I’ll see you again soon so we can share some more good times together."

Jonathan’s eyes had widened in horror at Holden’s words, the implication of what he’d just been told causing a surge of pure terror to go through him. Shaking his head he gasped,

"No…God no…"

Interrupting him, pulling his head back so that he could smirk into Jonathan’s face, Holden told him,

"Oh yes Jonny…now I’ve had a taste of your delicious body I can see I’m going to become addicted. Of course I could always see what your little sister tastes like…I wonder if she’d be so sweet."

Knowing he had to keep Evy as far away from Holden as he could, knowing he couldn’t bear to think of that animal touching her, Jonathan begged Holden,

"Please no don’t…don’t hurt her."

"Oh I won’t Jonny, I won’t touch one hair on her head as long as you’re a good boy. Oh, and don’t think about telling anybody about our little party. If you do I’ll have a dozen witnesses who’ll swear that I was with them all night long, and then you’ll find out just how annoyed I can be…understand?"

Reluctantly, feeling trapped, Jonathan nodded.

"Good boy." Holden said with a smile as he reached out and tapped Jonathan’s cheek in a strangely affectionate gesture. "Now I think it’s time for you to go home…and don’t worry I’ll be seeing you soon Jonny."

Then Jonathan had found himself out in the dark night once more, and after a moments hesitation he’d stumbled away as fast as he could. He wasn’t quite sure how he’d managed to get back to his room. His mind had been in a whirl of confusion, and he’d been surprised to find himself at his own door. However, it had been a relief to be able to lock the door behind himself, and he’d quickly stripped off his torn, blood-stained clothes, and had ran himself a bath, needing to be clean.

*

Now as he lay curled up in his bed, shivering, Jonathan realised that he’d been fooling himself, because he’d never be clean again. He was tainted, every fiber of his being soiled, and Jonathan knew he couldn’t tell anyone what had happened to him, he was completely alone. Then the realisation that Holden would come for him again, and there was nothing he could do to stop him, meant that Jonathan could no longer suppress his sobs, and burying his face in his pillow he cried out his misery until, exhausted, he fell into an uneasy sleep.


END PART 7