Title: The Morning After

Author: Paula C.

Fandom: Monkees

Rating: G

Status : Complete

Archive: yes

Feedback: bbi_Tommyboy@yahoo.combbi_Tommyboy@yahoo.com

Disclaimer: I don't own them, wish I did maybe they would have behaved better. I'm just a single mom with a great imagination.

Summary: It's Jan. 1, and the guys have a hang-over, word challenge given to the sbm yahoogroups.


The Morning After
By Paula C.


Sprawled around the living room, four men were sleeping. The room was adorned with festooning and confetti. A banner stating "Happy New Year" ran across the bay windows that over looked the water.

A groan started with one man, then another. All four men moved, grabbing their heads.

"What hit me?" the curly haired man asked.

"What hit you? What crawled in my mouth and died." Stated the shorted of the lot.

The tall one, dressed in black, that had been stretched out on the couch, slowly moved to sit up. No one could see his eyes, he was wearing his trademark sunglasses.

The blond was sleeping on the leather psychiatrist chair. He rolled over and off the chair with a thud.

Someone knocked on the door and opened the door without being told to come in. The older man bounded into the room and stood in the middle of the room looking one at a time around at each man. Taking a deep breath, the man bellowed, "HAPPY NEW YEAR MONKEES!!!"

All four men groaned, covering their ears, trying to keep the pain at bay.

The man laughed at them. "And they say you are the youth of America. Come on boys, your promised to help me."

Each man opened their eyes to see Mr. Babbit standing in their living room.

Mike slowly stood up from his seat on the couch and walked over to Mr. Babbit. "You are pure evil."

"I feel the love here folks. Looks like you had a little fun last night."

"And what fun it was," Micky commented.

"Give us a few hours and we'll be ready to help you Mr. Babbit." Davy stood shakily. In the next minute his face turned four colors and headed to the bathroom at a run.

Mr. Babbit laughed a belly laugh and headed for the door. "Hang-overs, gotta love them."

Leaving the home, Mr. Babbit closed the door with a bang, leaving behind three men that held their heads and said "OW!"



END