Title: How Many Does It Take To Make A Song?

Author: Paula C.

Rating: G (yup - a G from me)

Answer to Challenge: Write a story where one character asks his partner or another person the question "Do You Need Me?"

 

How Many Does it take to make a song?

by Paula C

Davy sat on a stool watching Mike, Micky and Peter work on a song together. Mike and Peter were writing the music to the lyrics that Micky had brought in.

It had been like that the last few weeks. The three of them hunched over writing while he sat around waiting to beat a maraca or his tambourine when they recorded the music track. It was getting old real fast.

He was bored. They had been going round and round about a bridge in the music that they could not agree on. Davy stood up and went toward the door. Peter noticed him leaving.

"Where you going Davy?"

"Get some air."

Mike looked over to him. "We almost have this hammered out."

Davy turned around and looked at his watch. "That is what you said two hours ago when I went to the toilet. No, I think I need to take a long walk so I can clear my head of all the drabble you three have

gone through. It's not like you need me here other than to the lay the vocals. You don't need me here. Do you need me? All I've done for three days is sit around being bored out of my skull. We haven't laid down a vocal for days."

Mike stood up not liking the tone in Davy's voice. Peter got up and gave a restraining hand to his shoulder. "Ease up," Peter said in a whisper.

Mike looked to Peter then to Davy. Mike took a step away from them all and took a breath. He looked back at them. "You're right Davy. We've left you out of the process and left you hanging. We do need you."

Micky watching the exchange stood up from his chair. "Let's say we all take a break and get out of here?"

Peter nodded and looked to Mike. "We have been at it for a while. A break might do us some good."

"Okay," Mike nodded. "Let's head out and get some grub. And then maybe get a run through of the lyrics with Davy."

Davy smiled in appreciation. They grabbed their coats and headed out to the parking lot where the Monkee mobile sat and headed out into town.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

END