EZRA STANDISH

Age: 30

Physical Description: 5'9" tall, Slim build, Dark brown short hair, green eyes, 150lbs., Caucasian.

Background: Ezra is a gambler and con man, or "cheater" as Nathan calls him, and he is pulling a scam on some men in the Four Corner's saloon when he meets up with Vin, Chris, Buck, and Nathan. Ezra at first refuses to join in saving the Seminole Village because Nathan is in the group, revealing Ezra's prejudice, but the lure of 'gold' causes him to assist the other men. It is during the battle for the Seminole Village that Ezra seems to rethink his prejudice against Nathan, and while the two are not close friends they do come to a 'peace'. At one point during the fight for the Seminole Village Ezra takes off and leaves the other men to the mercy of the leader of the ex-confederates, Colonel Anderson. Ezra changes his mind and decides to come back and with his help the others get free and save the village.

Ezra's past is very enigmatic, we are never even sure that 'Standish' is his last name, just the one he gives. We do know he was raised by a series of aunts and uncles because his mother, Maude, only kept him when she needed assistance in a scam. In fact, his mother is the one who taught him to be a con man, in her words she was teaching him a 'trade'. We know at one point Ezra was incarcerated in Fort Laramie but he escaped and to prevent being sent back he agrees to help protect Four Corners in return for a pardon. Ezra's ability to act has been of great assistance to the others.

Personality: Ezra comes across as a very greedy man always looking out for himself, but on numerous occasions Ezra has revealed a streak of kindness and compassion, such as his affinity with children and his returning to help the men in the Seminole village, that is out of character. Ezra seems to be a man who is struggling with what he was, selfish and prejudice, to a man who is more compassionate, giving, and honorable.


Have a story or pic you would like to share with the archive, in any genre, any fandom? Join the archive's direct submissions/update list for this site at:

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/makebelieve

OR

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Makebelieve

Or check out our Mailing Lists page for a fandom/theme related list at

https://www.squidge.org/~peja/behindthescenes/mailinglists.htm