Title: Peaceful Weekend

Author:Wgang16@aol.com

Sequel to Vengeful Weekend

Pairing: Vin/Chris

Disclaimer: Magnificent Seven does not belong to me and never will. This story if for enjoyment only.

Authors note: Thanks to Mog for creating the ATF universe. All spelling and grammar errors are mine. I am not an English teacher. This is for fun.

Rating: NC17-for references to violence and rape. Slash Vin/Chris. If this is not your cup of tea do not read it. Feedback welcome, no flames. Thanks

Summary: The team comes to terms with what happened at the cabin. Vin and Chris first time.

Author:Wgang16@aol.com

Sequel to Vengeful Weekend

 

Vengeful Weekend 2: Peaceful Weekend
by Wgang

The ranch was peaceful and quiet. The sun had been out all day, even though the air had a cool crisp feel to it.

Chris Larabee leaned back in his chair and contemplated the events of last weekend. It was a little over a week ago today that he had walked into his mountain cabin and learned of the hell that had taken place.

Buck and Vin had been attacked at the cabin. Old enemies of Wilmington and Larabee had decided to exact their revenge on the two older ATF agents using Vin Tanner as the victim and using Buck as the weapon. While Buck had been forced to rape the young man, both men were alive and slowly putting their lives back together. Buck had killed his enemies and taken care of Vin in the immediate aftermath of the attack at least until Larabee had arrived on the scene. Chris had barely allowed the young man out of his sight for the last week. The only good thing to come out of this nightmare was that Chris and Vin finally admitted to themselves and the rest of the team that they loved each other. The three men had decided that it would be best if the rest of the team were told of the events that occurred before they got to the cabin.

When the rest of the team arrived at the cabin on Sunday morning, they were shocked, upset and angry at what had happened to their friends. Typical of the men, they just did what needed to be done for their friends.

Nathan of course, immediately attached himself to Vin bedside. With Nathan on one side of the bed and Chris on the other side, all Vin had to do was moan and both men were hovering over him. The first time it had happened, Vin had literally jerked in shock and gasped as both men were leaning directly over him when he opened his eyes.

Nathan had seen that Vin was self-conscious and had put the young mans mind at rest. He had done nothing wrong, Buck had done nothing wrong, the guys who had were dead. Nathan checked Vin out from top to bottom and everything in between much to the embarrassment of the sharpshooter. When Nathan saw the bite marks on his friend’s neck and chest he had cussed up a storm, which shocked his friends.

Nathan was not a man who used cuss words. He was generally calm and cool under all circumstances. Nathan very gently applied an antibiotic lotion to Vin. Vin had tried to protest when Nathan wanted to check the tears that had been caused when Buck had been forced to rape Vin.

Chris took Vins hands in his and coaxed the trembling man to look at him.

"Nathan needs to check you out, Vin. I want to make sure that you’re going to heal all right. Just relax, I’m here and I’m not going anywhere."

Nathan patted Vin on the shoulder and then carefully examined the injured man. The medic-applied lotion to the tears then gently inserted a finger into the red, swollen passage checking for internal bleeding. Vin tensed, a tear rolling down his cheek. Nathan glanced at Chris clearly indicating that Chris needed to divert Vins attention.

"Hey, Cowboy, you just keep your attention on me. Nathan’s almost done. You’ll feel better in just a few minutes. We have some broth for you to eat and some herbal tea."

That got the reaction Chris wanted.

"Broth, herbal tea, what the hell you trying to do, Larabee, kill me? I want real food not that slop," Vin knew what Chris was trying to do so he decided to do his part in lightening the atmosphere.

Nathan finished and left the room going into the bathroom.

After cleaning his hands, Nathan grabbed up the pain pills and some fresh water.

Coaxing Vin into taking the pills, Nathan promised he could eat real food the next day.

Waiting until the sharpshooter was sound asleep, Chris glanced at Nathan raising his eyebrow in question.

"He’ll have a scar, Chris. The bite mark on the shoulder is particularly bad. I don’t think they’ll get infected, but we need to keep them clean. There is no internal bleeding, that I could tell. His abdomen is not painful or swollen. The mental and emotional damage is what I’m worried about."

Chris stopped stroking Vins hair, dropping a quick kiss on the top of Vins head.

Seeing no shocked look on Nathan face, he asked, "How long have you known how I feel about Vin?"

"Chris, we all have seen how you feel about Vin and how Vin feels about you. We were just wondering how long it was gonna take the two of you to figure it out."

Chris brushed the back of his knuckles across the soft cheek of the man he loved.

"Almost was to late, Nathan. We could’ve lost them both."

"But we didn’t. Now Vin is going to sleep for several hours, so lets go eat something."

If Nathan was a godsend for Vin and Chris then Josiah was a godsend for Buck.

As soon as Chris had finished explaining briefly what had happened to Vin and Buck, Josiah had immediately looked at Buck.

Buck was pale, and refused to look at anyone. Nathan jumped up and said he wanted to check out Vin out. Josiah looked at Ezra and motioned at the kitchen as he glanced at JD.

"Come on, Mr. Dunne. Between the two of us we will prepare a wonderful meal for our comrades."

Ezra got to his feet and waited as JD looked at Buck then followed Ez into the kitchen.

Josiah moved until he was sitting next to Buck on the sofa.

"Look at me brother. You have no reason not to look any of us in the eye."

Surging to his feet, Buck snarled, "What do you know, Josiah. You weren’t here. I raped Vin and no matter what anyone says, I’m the one that hurt him. I should’ve been able to protect him."

Buck stormed outside with Josiah following at a slower rate. Seeing Ez and JD watching worriedly from the kitchen door, Josiah stopped.

"It’s going to be okay. I’m going to talk to Buck and get him straight in his thinking. You boys take care of the food. Don’t worry about any yelling you might hear."

Josiah quietly shut the door behind him.

Ez and JD looked at each other then went back to fixing the meal. The two men had decided that this was well out of their level of expertise so they would leave it to their teammates.

Josiah found Buck a few yards away by the small stream that ran near the cabin. Buck was staring into the water, his hands clenched at his side, tears running down his cheeks.

Josiah never said a word; he went and stood in front of Buck. When Buck looked at him, Josiah reached out and pulled Buck to him, hugging him.

Buck grasped Josiah tightly and cried on the broad shoulder. Several minutes later, Josiah could tell that Buck was starting to calm down.

Keeping a grip on Buck’s arm, Josiah eased them both to the ground. As Bucks sobs died down, Josiah reached down and took Bucks hand in his.

"Buck, I have never seen you raise a hand to any of us. You could not more hurt that boy lying in that bed than you could go on rampage at a school. You did what you needed to, you both are alive. If I know Vin, he’s already told you several times that it was not your fault. I venture to say, that you disagreed with him, to which Vin said, I forgive you, Bucklin."

Buck kinda laughed as he replied "You are damn scary, preacher man. You know us to well. That kid in there has more guts than me, Chris, hell all of us put together. I told him he was priceless, and I meant it. He forgave me before I even hurt him. I just don’t know how I can forgive myself. I still see the pain on his face when that bastard shoved me into him. That animal died way to easy."

"Vin has had a rough life, Buck and he’s had to adapt. Vin knows whom he can trust and he knows he can trust you. Before you say anything, I know that the two of you have had your differences the last couple of weeks, I also that you probably settled it before you even got to the cabin. Am I right?"

"Yeah, you’re right. We had a talk and cleared the air. I was just thinking all wrong and took it out on Vin. That’s all water under the bridge. Josiah, Chris told me the same things you are. I know the two of you are right. I think its just gonna take awhile to…you know…accept that this happened and…shit…I couldn’t protect him. I have to wonder what Ez and JD think. I mean face it, I may have save Vin from being gang raped, but I raped him."

"You have nothing to worry about, Mr. Wilmington. Mr. Dunne and I know you did what you had to. If I had of been in Mr. Tanners place, I would’ve wanted you to make the same choice," Ez commented as he and JD appeared.

"Yeah, Buck. Jeez, better to have a friend touch you than someone who hates you. I agree with Ez. We don’t feel any different about you at all," JD agreed. His face shadowed by concern for his friends.

As Buck stood up, his face was showing relief at his teammates obvious support.

JD threw himself into Buck’s arms, Ez followed at a more sedate pace, but he also gave Buck a hug.

Josiah stood next to his friends. Looking at the three men hug he knew everything was going to work out.

Josiah was right. Later that evening all seven men were seated around the living room. Chris wanted Vin to sit on the sofa; it was much more comfortable than the kitchen chairs.

Josiah led a prayer, making sure to say thanks for keeping his friends alive and safe.

Vin fussed about the broth, but he was just glad to be around his friends. No one mentioned what had happened, they just wanted to make sure that Vin was feeling better.

It wasn’t the weekend the men had planned, but it was a lot better than it could’ve been.

Everyone agreed that the next time they would all arrive at the cabin together. At it was they all left together. Chris and Vin rode together as Vin was going to stay at the ranch. Buck and JD rode together. Buck had wanted to stay near Vin, but the sharpshooter convinced him he would be okay with Chris. Chris had been right; Buck had hovered over Vin whenever he was up and awake. Vin couldn’t make a move without Buck being there. Vin knew that Buck was feeling guilty so he allowed the big man to hover and do things for him.

Ez rode with Buck and JD; he was determined to keep the mood light on the ride home.

Nathan and Josiah headed home in the same car. Nathan had wanted to stay at the ranch with Vin, but before he could broach the subject with Chris, Josiah had convinced him that Vin would be fine. Chris knew how to get hold of him if he needed the medic.

Now it was a week later. Vin was doing better. They still had a ways to go, but it was better.

Speaking of Vin, Chris heard the back door of his ranch house slide open. There was a slight hesitation, and then the blond heard the door shut and footsteps crossing the deck.

Chris glanced over at Vin and smiled. It was just so damned good to have Vin at the ranch where he could watch out for him. Chris knew he was overreacting, but it had been awhile since he had been in love with someone. Especially when that someone was an independent, ornery, absolutely gorgeous sharpshooter.

"Ya got that look on your face again, Larabee." Vin commented as he took a drink of the beer he had brought out with him.

"Now, Vin what look is that? The look that says you are the most beautiful man I have ever seen. Maybe the look that says Nathan will strangle you if he knows you drank beer when you are still on meds or the look that says I love you more today than yesterday and I will love you even more tomorrow."

Vin turned wide blue eyes to Chris, the beer halfway to his mouth. A blush slowly infused his face and went down his neck. He ducked his head shyly.

"Shit, Chris quit saying things like that. You’re going to make me choke on my beer."

"That’s okay, Cowboy, I can give you mouth to mouth."

Chris outright laughed at the _expression that his friends face, the expressive blue eyes shooting daggers at his best friend.

Chris watched as Vin bit his lower lip, there was obviously something going on in Vins head. The young man had been even more quiet than normal all day. Chris had given the team a week off after the attacks on Vin and Buck. Vin needed to have time to start to recover physically, mentally and emotionally. Buck was still upset by what he had been forced to do, even though no one blamed him, especially Vin. The rest of the team was dealing with it, but needed some downtime.

Chris had wanted Vin to take more time off, but he had refused. Vin said he needed to get back to work he was thinking too much. Vin said that he needed to get back to his regular life if he didn’t then those bastards had won.

There were times Chris thought everyone was handling the situation better than he was. Granted he was in love with Vin, but he felt as though he needed to be in complete control. If he was in control then no one could get near Vin to hurt him. Hell, yesterday, Vin had gone to the barn and Chris could not find him. Chris had found him sleeping in the hayloft; the meds made him a little drowsy. Chris could still remember how he was shaking he was so scared that someone had taken off with Vin.

Chris had sunk down next to the slumbering man and carefully shifted Vin into his arms. Laying down he had tucked Vins head down on his shoulder, wrapping both arms around the slim figure. It was two hours later that both men woke up. Vin would have been embarrassed sleeping in Chris’s arms, but he had been sleeping in Chris’s bed and in his arms all week. Granted he was not up for anything more physical than kissing and a little touching, but it was nice to sleep with Chris it made him feel safe.

Chris looked at Vin and said "What’s wrong, Vin? And don’t tell me nothing. I know better than that."

"Chris, I just…hell this is so hard. I can’t help but think you’re getting the short end of the stick. I sleep with you, but you get no satisfaction out of that. How many times have you had to wake me up because I was having nightmares? I feel like I’m just in the way."

Vin groaned as he heard Chris push his chair back. Glancing up through his long eyelashes, Vin saw that Larabee looked furious.

Reaching down, Chris took the beer out of Vins hand and set it down. The blond then grasped Vins arms and gently pulled him out of the chair. The older man did not want to add to the bruises that were slowly fading on the slender body.

Wrapping one arm around the slim waist, Chris pulled Vin tight into his own body. He let his other hand drift into the long brown hair and gently held Vins head still. He waited until Vin was looking up at him then he said very clearly.

"You are not in the way. You could never be in my way. If you didn’t have nightmares I would wonder about your sanity. As far as satisfaction, if all we ever do is sleep in each other’s arms then I’m happy. I want you, I love you, you are the other half of my soul. Just being with you makes me happier than I’ve been in years."

Vin licked his lips as he replied "I love you to Chris, but I know you were married and you gotta like sex and…well…I’m still a little nervous. I know that you wouldn’t hurt me…I just…well I just get scared. Just don’t tell Bucklin that I said that he still feels guilty enough and I don’t want to add to it."

Chris laughed and hugged Vin tighter, pushing Vins head onto his shoulder and dropping a quick kiss on his forehead.

"You astound me, Tanner. You worry about everyone but yourself. That’s okay though, I worry enough about you for seven people."

The two men stood together for a couple of minutes just enjoying being alive, and being together.

Chris gently pushed Vin away until he could look the young man in the eyes.

"I know you’re still nervous and a little scared about having sex. I would be to if I’d had to go through what you did. Nathan said that you were healed just fine, and everything could go back to being normal. I think that was his subtle way of saying we could have sex. When you’re ready, you tell me. I’m not leaving you, Vin whether you say tonight’s the night or a year from now. I love you for you not the sex."

Taking a deep breath, Vin realized he had made his decision earlier in the day. He had just needed to talk to Chris.

"I want to try tonight. I just…well…just want to warn you I might freeze after…well… I mean after we start you know doing it."

By the time Vin finished he was so red that it looked like he was running a temperature.

Chris put his hands on either side of Vins face and whispered "Are you sure, Vin? I can wait, no problem."

"I’m sure Chris, I need to take back my life, and you’re my life now. I just don’t know how I’ll react and I just want to warn you."

"That’s okay Vin. Right now we’re going in and fix dinner, then relax in the hot tub and then if you still want to we’ll go to bed and make love. This whole evening is going to go at the pace you need it to. If something starts to bother you let me know. Deal?"

Vin swallowed and nodded his head, unable to speak past the lump in his throat. He’d never had anyone since his mom love him like this man did.

Keeping his arm around Vin, Chris headed back into the house, already planning how he could seduce his partner into relaxing and letting nature take its course. He wanted to show Vin that making love was far different than just having sex.

A couple of hours later both men were in the hot tub. They had eaten a wonderful dinner and now were unwinding from the long day.

Chris had outdone himself when it had come to dinner. He had grilled steaks, fixed baked potatoes and had Vin make a salad. The sharpshooter had started to protest the salad since he did not like vegetables especially the green ones. One look at Larabees face and he had swallowed his protest. Obviously Chris thought he needed some good food in him and arguing was not going to accomplish anything.

Chris had been keeping one eye on his hopefully soon to be lover. Vin had eaten his whole dinner including the hated salad. Both men cleaned up the kitchen then went and stripped down to swimming trunks. Chris hoped the next time they got into the hot tub it would be with both of them naked. Since the hot tub was outside off the deck it might be awhile to get the sharpshooter naked, Vin was on the shy side and Chris certainly did not want him to feel intimidated.

Standing up, Chris held out his hand to Vin. When the blue eyes met his, Chris said, "Come with me, Vin. I want to make love to you. I want to make the nightmares go away and all your tomorrows to be as close to perfect as I can make them. Are you ready?"

Vin slowly grasped Chris’s hand and stood up. He never lost contact with the green eyes staring so intently into his face.

Without hesitation he replied "I’m ready, Chris. Just need to take it slow, but I want you to make love to me and I want to make love to you."

Vin caught his breath at the smile that spread across the blonde’s face. It was seldom that anyone saw such a bright smile on the team leaders face. Life had left him without much to smile about. Vin was glad he was able to bring some joy into Chris’s life.

Chris knowing that Vin would get cold now that he had left the heat of the hot tub wrapped a big soft towel around the young man and led him into the house.

Chris quickly stripped off his trunks, turning around his found that Vin had already taken his off and was standing by the bed looking a little self conscious.

Smiling gently, Chris pulled the towel from around Vins shoulders and began to pat Vins body down paying special attention to the still bruised shoulders and neck. The bruises and bite marks those animals had left on Vin were still vivid even after a week. The antibiotic that Vin was taking was for the bite marks since the skin had been broken. Chris kissed his way down Vins neck and gently brushed his lips across the sharpshooter’s shoulders.

Hearing Vin moan Chris smiled as he continued drying and kissing his way down the slender chest. Hesitating over Vins nipples, Chris used the tip of his tongue to tease the tender nubs.

Chris glanced up at Vin to see how he was reacting. Chris had been putting a crème on Vin twice a day to help with the bite marks and soothe the bruises; he certainly did not want to cause any pain now.

Vin had his head thrown back and his hands were on Chris’s shoulders to keep his balance. There were small pants coming from the slightly open mouth and the blue eyes were shut.

Giving each nipple another flick of the tongue, Chris continued his downward journey. He brushed over the slowly filling cock, giving the tip a lick and a soft kiss.

Vin shifted his grip to Chris’s hair and tried to thrust his hips forward.

"No, no, Cowboy, not yet. I’m going to take my time and savor your gorgeous body. This is all for you."

Vins response was cut off as he groaned. Chris had taken the velvet soft shaft and had licked it down one side then the other. Tasting Vins pre-cum, Chris decided that neither one of them was going to last long the first time. He could feel his own erection pressing against his stomach as he knelt on his knees.

Sliding behind Vin, Chris dried off Vin back then started rubbing that oh so tempting ass. Chris again put his mouth to the silky skin. Kissing his way down the spine he gently nipped one ass cheek the soothed with his tongue. When he had done the same on the other cheek he dried the long legs.

Chris stood up and turned Vin around to face him. He briskly rubbed the towel through the long golden hair.

Standing back he gazed at the man of his dreams.

Vin stood with his hair falling in golden damp tendrils about his face. His cheeks were flushed and his eyes were glazed with passion. Even with the bruises on the lithe body he was the most beautiful man Chris had ever seen.

Chris stepped forward and enveloped Vin in a hug. The older man gently pulled the golden head back and began kissing Vins face then he locked onto Vins lips.

When both men finally came up for air, Vin gasped "Damn, Chris, you really know how to kiss."

Then stammering slightly Vin said "Don’t you want me to…um…aren’t you still wet and…what do you…well…want to do."

Chris reached out his hand and put it over the luscious mouth.

"I want you to relax, I’m fine and now we’re going to climb into bed and make love. I won’t hurt you Vin. I want to pleasure you not hurt you. If anything hurts I want you to tell me. I’ve been with a man before and I know how to pleasure a man without it causing pain. Promise me that you’ll tell me if it hurts."

Vin nodded trustingly and climbed into the big king sized bed. He had no doubt that Chris would keep his word, and would try not to hurt him. The young man couldn’t figure out how it wouldn’t hurt just a little.

Vin also figured that one of the men Buck had been with had been Chris. Buck had not come out and said it, but Vin just had a feeling.

Chris followed Vin onto the bed. The ATF leader lay on his side facing Vin who was on his back. As Vin reached for the blanket, Chris grabbed his hand.

"We don’t need the blankets until we want to sleep. You’re perfect, Vin and I love looking at you."

Blushing hotly, Vin dropped his eyes.

"I like looking at you to. Its just…I’m a little embarrassed."

"I know that sweetheart, but in just a few minutes you’re going to forget about being embarrassed. I plan on pleasuring you until you can do nothing but call out my name."

Chris swooped in for a deep kiss as Vin opened his mouth. Chris took a handful of that golden brown hair he so loved and held Vins head in place as he plundered the soft mouth.

Letting his other hand wander, Chris began to gently pinch and rub Vins chest. As Vin became more aroused, Chris left the mouth he so loved and began to lick and kiss his way down the sharpshooter’s body. By the time he reached the leaking shaft, Vin was moaning and gripping the sheets with both hands.

Chris snagged a bottle of oil he had hidden under his pillow after his talk with Vin on the deck. Pouring a little in his right hand he began to slowly pump Vins shaft. Kneeling above the now writhing sharpshooter, Chris moved in between the slim legs nudging them further apart with his knees.

Seeing Vins eyes flash open in sudden panic, Chris leaned forward planting a kiss on the quivering lips.

"Just me, Vin. No one else, Just me."

As Vin relaxed, Chris continued the slow movements of his hands. Rubbing his left hand over the crown of Vins shaft, Chris used the oil and pre-cum to slick his hand up.

He slowly rubbed his fingers between the shaft being pumped and the entrance to the body he so wanted to enter.

As Vin tried to thrust harder in the hand that pumped him, Chris slipped one finger inside. As Vin tightened his muscles, Chris began to murmur endearments to let Vin know who was with him.

"Come on baby, let me in. It’s just the two of us. I want to make you feel so good, I want to make you mine."

Chris felt the muscle give as he slipped in the second finger. Curving his fingers he lightly brushed across the prostate. Vin arched in the bed crying out Chris’s name.

Chris pulled his hand off the slick shaft and coated his left hand in oil. Before the younger man missed the pumping of his shaft Chris had started stroking the now deep red organ again.

Chris pushed Vins legs wider and inserted three highly oiled fingers into the hot channel. Twisting and scissoring them he stretched the tight entrance all the while brushing against the prostrate. As he felt Vins ball tighten up, Chris grasped hold the base of the shaft stopping the young mans organism.

Sobbing Vin cried in frustration, "Chris, now… I need you now…please"

"Okay, baby…shh…I think you’re ready. When I push in you relax and push against me."

Chris watched as Vin cried out his agreement. Quickly pouring the oil on his own aching and engorged shaft, Chris then shifted Vin onto his side. Sliding behind Vin, Chris wrapped hand around Vins shaft and the other arm he slid under the sharpshooter grasping him tightly around the waist.

"Now, baby, relax now." As Chris nudged the entrance to Vins body with his cock he felt Vins muscles relax. Starting to pump Vin to completion, Chris slid slowly inch by inch into the tight hot channel. Chris gritted his teeth and forced himself to go slow. He did not want to cause Vin any pain and although Nathan said that the small tear at his anus had healed Chris was not taking any chances with his young lover.

Feeling Vin thrust back against him, Chris tried to hold the slender body still, he did not want to rush, did not want to cause that precious body any more damage.

Slowly as he realized Vin was totally relaxed around him, Chris began to thrust deeper inside. This first time was going to be slow and easy, they had plenty of time for more adventurous sex later.

Chris felt Vins ball tighten up, the sharpshooter was moaning incoherently. He had not been this aroused his whole life. It seemed like Chris surrounded him inside and out, all he could sense, feel, touch and smell was Chris. Finally, it was too much and screaming Chris’s name, Vin came in a rush.

As Vins muscles clamped down on his cock, Chris sent his seed deep inside his lover screaming Vins name as he buried his face in Vins hair.

The two men stayed in that position until Chris fell out of Vins body. Vin moaned as he felt the loss of that connection with Chris.

Chris grabbed the towel off the floor and cleaned them both up, checking Vin to make sure there was no blood or tearing.

Chris pulled the blankets up and lay down next to Vin. He tucked Vins head on his shoulder and wrapped both arms around his lover.

"How was that, baby? Are you okay?"

A drowsy voice replied "I’m great, Chris. That was wonderful. You kept your word, there was no pain, it just felt real good. Maybe,..um..I can make you feel that good tomorrow."

Dropping a kiss on top of Vins head, Chris smiled and responded "I feel great now, but when I feel you moving inside me I’ll be flying high. Right now though, we need to sleep. Remember the boys are coming out tomorrow afternoon and Nathan is going to want to check you out. Buck will be watching you like a hawk and if you have bags under your eyes due to lack of sleep, they’ll both kill me."

Vin kissed the shoulder he was laying on and snuggled closer.

"You guys worry to much. I’m gonna have another talk with Buck tomorrow about blaming himself for what happened. I’m gonna have to tell Nathan if he doesn’t quit mother henning me I’ll just have to shoot him. Then after the guys leave, I’m gonna make love to you until you scream. How about that, Cowboy?"

Chris rested his check on top of Vins head and replied "Sounds good, baby. When you shoot Nathan don’t get blood on the carpet, it’s real hard to get up."

"Okay, just promise me that’s the only thing real hard to get up tomorrow."

"I promise, Vin. I promise."

Both men drifted off to sleep secure in the knowledge that they were finally together in the way they were meant to be. They were safe in each other’s arms. They could face anything fate threw at them as long as they were with each other.

The End