Title: Temper, Temper Mr. Larabee

Author:Wgang16@aol.com

Fandom: Magnificent 7

Pairing: Chris/Vin

Disclaimera: Magnificent Seven does not belong to me and never will. This story if for enjoyment only.

Authors note: Thanks to Mog for creating the ATF universe. All spelling and grammar errors are mine. I am not an English teacher. This is for fun.

Rating: NC17-for language, and graphic m/m sex. If this is not your cup of tea do not read it. Feedback welcome, no flames. Thanks Wgang16@aol.com

Summary: Chris lets his temper and jealousy get the best of him. Will it rip Vin away from him forever?

 

Temper, Temper Mr. Larabee
by Wgang

Buck Wilmington watched as his old friend Chris Larabee paced up and down the family room. He grew more concerned as he watched Larabee finish off his third Jack and coke in a little more than an hour.

Chris had not drunk this much hard liquor since Vin Tanner had walked into his life six months before. The young man had started bringing Chris back to the land of the living. Chris had suppressed his emotions since his wife and son were murdered three years before. When the feeling of friendship and even brotherhood for Vin expanded to feelings of love and sexual attraction, Chris was at a loss on how to deal with the situation.

Since talking about his feelings did not come as second nature to the taciturn blond man, Chris reverted to his old ways. For the last two weeks he had taken to snapping at his teammates, he had started drinking at the local hangout though he stayed with the Bud Light not the heavy stuff. Larabee saved his most hateful comments for the quiet sharpshooter. He had started belittling the younger man for is lack of education, making him rewrite report after report. Vin used to have Ezra or JD help him with the reports, but Chris had snarled that it was about time Vin did his own work. The ATF leader had started making noise about Vin's hair and that the long curls were not regulation and he needed to get a haircut.

Throughout all the hateful and hurtful words, Vin just kept quiet and did his job. It wasn’t easy, but Buck had informed the young man that it was the anniversary of Sarah and Adams deaths. Chris always went into a depression at this time of the year. Vin figured he could put up with Larabee until he straightened out, he just couldn’t figure out why Larabee seemed to save his worst comments for him. He was supposed to be close to the blond and Chris acted like he hated him.

Buck knew why, but he couldn’t tell Vin, that was for Chris to do. That is if Chris didn’t end up pushing the young man away from him for good.

Buck knew exactly what had happened two weeks ago to cause Chris to become a real bastard. It had been a Friday night and Buck and Chris were on their way to Buck’s place. Buck had car trouble and Chris was giving him a lift. Stopping at a red light Buck heard Chris gasp. Turning Buck was just in time to see Vin leave a bar with a man. Not just any man, but Derrick a patrolman who was known to be gay. Didn’t matter to Team 7, the man was a fantastic cop and besides Buck and Ezra had their own action going. As the two older men watched Derrick reached out and pulled Vin in for a bear hug. The two men oblivious to the fact that they were being watched briefly kissed and then went their separate ways.

Buck looked at Chris and knew that it had just hit the blond how much Vin Tanner had come to mean to him. Buck knew that Chris was BI-sexual after all they had fooled around together in college. Buck and Ezra had also figured out that Chris and Vin not only had the hots for each other, but they loved each other. Buck and Ezra had been together for almost five months, so they knew what to look for. The two men had also figured out that Vin knew he wanted Chris, but that the blond had not realized or was in denial that he cared about Vin as a potential lover not just a friend. That realization hit that Friday night, it hit Chris Larabee right between the eyes like a gunshot.

Larabee flushed with anger, guilt, and lust. When the light turned green he had peeled away from the intersection. Talking fast Buck tried to convince his old friend that the way he was feeling was fine; that he thought maybe Vin cared about him to.

Slamming to a stop outside Buck’s apartment, Chris turned his lethal glare on his old friend.

In very few words, Chris growled that Vin was just a friend nothing more, nothing less. Vin was free to fuck whomever he wanted to. Buck was to keep his nose out of business that did not concern him.

Buck figured retreat was the better part of valor and didn’t bring the subject up again. Now watching the blond pouring another drink, Buck wondered if he made a mistake not forcing Chris to listen to reason.

It was Sunday afternoon and the team was meeting at Chris ranch to watch a football game, drink beer, eat barbecue and maybe take in a local softball game later.

It was now well afternoon and Tanner was a no show. It was not like the sharpshooter to be late and not call. The rest of the team with the exception of JD who was out of town with Casey for the weekend, and Nathan who was with his wife Rain had been there since noon. Chris had tried Tanner's cell phone and got a constant busy signal. When the anger and worry had gotten to much, Chris started pouring his drinks.

Buck had followed Chris into the family room and as he was getting ready to offer to look for the missing man there was the familiar sound of Vin's motorcycle.

Chris stood still as conflicting emotions assaulted him. Pure relief flowed through him. Vin was here, he was safe, and then Chris felt the anger surge to the front fueled by the booze.

Vin knocked on the door and came on in. He glanced from Buck to Chris knowing that he was in deep shit being so late.

Tossing his motorcycle helmet on the sofa Vin walked over to stand in front of the seething blond.

"Sorry, I’m so late Chris, There was a pileup on the road and I had a hard time getting through. Finally had to cut across country."

"Sorry doesn’t cut it Tanner. I tried to call your ass and kept getting a busy signal. I told you to keep that phone on you and keep it charged. Where the hell is it?"

"Well,…Maria…well her mom is having….."

Vin's stumbling explanation came to an abrupt halt as Chris lashed out with his fist.

Not expecting his best friend to hit him, Vin was unprepared and took the full force of the blow on his jaw.

Vin yelped with pain and fell backwards. Buck caught his young friend before he could crash into the glass china cabinet. Holding his hand to his face, Vin could only stare at Chris in shock.

The three men froze. Chris was looking from his hand to Vin as though wondering what the hell had just happened. Buck had his arms around Vin and as he felt Vin shake, it was all Buck could do not to rush the blond and beat him into the floor. He could remember being on the receiving end of Larabee's fists right after Sarah and Adam had died.

Vin finally pushed away from Buck and approached his leader.

"FUCK you, Larabee. You been treating me like shit for two fucking weeks. I’ve done nothing to you. I been treated like shit since I was five years old and I sure as hell am not going to stand around and let my supposed friend treat me like dirt he can step on when he’s in a fucking foul mood. Go to HELL." Vin screamed at the shell-shocked blond.

Buck reached out to grab Vin's arm, but the sharpshooter shoved by the big man and stormed out the door.

Hearing Vins motorcycle roar to life, Chris ran to the front door.

"NO, Vin… please. I’m sorry, I’m so fucking sorry."

"Little late for that old buddy. You just stomped all over that boy’s heart. You are a real bastard sometimes Chris."

Turning his head to glare at Buck, Chris took a right hook to the jaw. Landing on his back on the front porch, Chris stared up at Buck. Then Chris saw what was hanging from Buck’s hand.

Vin's helmet, his motorcycle helmet. Vin was upset, he was riding on what Chris thought of as a death machine and he had no helmet.

Struggling to his feet, Chris reached to grab the helmet. He was going after Tanner; he would grovel at the sharpshooter’s feet. He was going to get Vin back. He would beg on his knees if he had to, but he would make it up to the young man.

Buck kept the helmet out of Chris hands. By this time Josiah and Ezra were in the house. They had heard Vin's arrival and just a few minutes later had heard their teammate leave. Worry had driven them inside to see what was going on.

Ezra stepped up to Buck and put his hand on his lover's shoulder.

"What happened?"

Josiah stood next to Chris. The blond looked like he was either going to explode in rage or just pass out. Josiah might need his immense strength to control his leader.

"Chris here hit Vin. The boy was trying to explain where his cell phone was and Chris hit him." Nodding to the china cabinet behind him, Buck continued "If I hadn’t caught Junior when he fell, he’d a crashed into all that glass. That would have been a real bloody mess now wouldn’t it old buddy. But hey you don’t care you’re so wrapped up in yourself and how you feel that anyone else especially Vin..well we just don’t count."

Josiah put his hand on Chris’s arm as he saw the blond make a move towards Buck

"Calm down, boss. Vin's already been hurt and not just physically. I don’t think you want to hit Buck. Besides you’ll have to go through me."

Ezra nodded towards the helmet in Buck’s hand.

"I take it Vin was so upset he left without his head gear."

"Yeah, boy was so upset he just stormed out. Lets go and make sure he makes it home okay. He was probably having trouble seeing, his eyes were full of tears when he left."

Seeing Chris flinch at that comment and go even paler, Buck said , "Didn’t know you had reduced him to tears, huh Chris. Yeah, you did, our deadly sharpshooter, the one man who exudes calm and keeps the peace when the rest of us go off the deep end was in tears. Now I’m going to tell you what’s going to happen. Ezra and I are going to follow Junior and make sure he makes it home, I’ll call you after I know he’s safe. You better sit down and have a long chat with Josiah here. See if he can’t help you get your head on straight. But I’m telling you, Chris, you ever raise a hand to that boy again and I’m not going to be responsible for my actions.

By this time Chris Larabee was so upset by his actions, the liquor and the turmoil of his emotions were upsetting his stomach. He just wished he could turn back the clock two weeks. He could’ve talked to Vin and not treated him so bad. Vin would’ve understood what he was going through. Chris walked over to his sofa and slowly sat down.

Looking at Buck he said, "Go after him, Buck. Take care of him. Tell him I’m so sorry and that I’ll make it up to him. Tell him I love him, but he’s better off right now away from me, I’m just a real bastard right now. Just take care of him, he’s all that’s important."

Buck glanced at Josiah who nodded to the unspoken message of…Chris is your responsibility I’ll take care of Vin.

Buck left with Ezra walking close behind him. Ezra was so mad at Larabee that he didn’t trust himself to say anything to the distraught blond. Buck was his first love, but Vin was his close friend. The two men had a lot in common and had bonded in the early stages of their friendship.

Ezra climbed behind the wheel of his Jag and as soon as the seatbelts were on he sped out of the driveway. He only hoped they did not find Vin laying in a ditch somewhere.

Reaching over he put his hand over Buck's. The big man had a death grip on the straps of Vin's helmet and his jaw was clenched.

"We’ll find him, Buck. Josiah will either talk or knock some sense into Chris. Then we’ll get them together, and they’ll talk things through. Hopefully not to long after that nature will take its course. I think Chris is so upset right now that if Vin told him to jump off a cliff he would do it, if it meant getting Vin back into his life."

"Hope so, Ezra. That boy had been through hell in his life and Chris just added to it these last two weeks, especially today. Chris hit me a few times after his family was murdered and I took it, and tried to help him. I won’t allow him to hurt Vin or any of you guys again. I just wish I had reacted faster and maybe I could’ve stopped him from decking Vin."

"You weren’t expecting Chris to do that. You aren’t a mind reader, lover. I believe that Vin is safe and that these two men will get together at some point. Believe me."

Buck leaned over and dropped a quick kiss on the corner of Ezras mouth.

"I believe ya, Ez. I believe ya."

There was no more talk as the Jag sped towards Denver going well over the speed limit.

*

Chris leaned back against the sofa and looked at Josiah. Minutes ticked by as he tried to formulate his thoughts.

Finally the blond muttered "I fucked up, Josiah. I guess you figured out when I was talking to Buck that I’m in love with Vin. I love him and I treated him like shit. He told me that after I hit him. He said I’d been treating him like shit, like dirt and he was right. I was scared when I realized how I felt. Not because he was a man, but because I was afraid to love like that again. I didn’t want to love him then lose him. Isn’t that a joke, I lost him anyway."

Josiah sat down next to his friend. Taking a deep breath he though about what Chris had said and not said. Well it was now up to him to get the blond back on track.

"I’m going to be blunt, boss. You did screw up. That boy is devastated. You not only physically hurt him, but you smashed his world to pieces. He sees you in a different light and that’s not good. I think Buck and Ezra will find him and will calm him down. You and I well we are going to sit right here and talk. I want you to get everything off your chest, then between the two of us, we’ll put together a plan to bring Vin back into the fold."

Chris hesitated then to the surprise of Josiah and himself he began to pour out his feelings, his anger for the bad things he had to endure in his life and how he felt about the longhaired Texan he adored.

Josiah settled back to listen. This purging of Chris’s soul had been a long time coming. Maybe something good would come out of the nightmarish day.

*

Vin Tanner rode like the hounds of hell were after him. He was so upset that he did even realize until he reached his apartment that he did not have his helmet on. The tears had long since stopped, replaced by anger, desolation, loss and finally acceptance.

It wasn’t like he’d never been hit before. Plenty of people had hit him in his life. After all orphans in the foster system were not always treated real well, especially those with a learning disability. Although why adults thought beating on a kid would help them to read was beyond his comprehension.

He had thought he had found a place to belong six months ago when he had saved Nathan at that warehouse. Green eyes met blue and Vin had felt like he had come home.

Chris Larabee became his best friend, the other half of his soul. There were times they knew what the other was thinking. A nod or single word was all they needed to communicate with each other. At least it was until two weeks ago, before Chris became a real prick.

Up until that point, Vin had started to hope that he and Chris could be more than best friends, they could become lovers. He had seen some of the looks the lean blond had cast at him, looks of desire not just friendship. Now all his hopes had been shattered.

Well, Vin Tanner was no ones doormat, fuck Chris Larabee. He was a Tanner and he hadn’t needed anyone since he was five and he could do without anyone now. He’d miss the guys, but figured after a few weeks they’d forget he even existed. He was gone, he was outa this stinking city.

Vin dashed up the stairs to his apartment. He quickly threw his clothes and few personal possessions in a couple of bags. The furniture belonged to the previous owner so Vin wasn’t concerned about it. He put his gun and ATF badge on the coffee table with two notes. He knew someone probably was following him to try to explain Larabees actions and smooth things over. He wasn’t waiting around for them.

As Vin started out the door his eyes fell on a picture on top of the television. It was taken during the summer when the team had gone on a white water raft trip and camp out. Vin stalked over to the TV and grabbed the picture tucking it under his arm.

Stopping by Maria’s apartment, Vin said a quick goodbye. The middle aged lady liked Vin and treated him to home cooked meals whenever she could.

Vin handed her the keys to his motorcycle and told her that he was giving it to her son as a present. Maria started crying thinking that he had gotten into trouble for loaning her his cell phone.

Vin assured her it was not the phone. He told her that some men would probably be there that evening and if she had talked to her ailing mother she could give them the phone back. He wanted her to keep the phone until she had heard from her mother back in Argentina.

Vin tossed his bags in the back of his jeep. The picture he had picked up he threw in the passenger seat. As he drove away he looked back at what used to be his home, then gazed at the picture. Tears filled his eyes before he dashed them away. Tears had never helped him in the past, they only caused him to be called names and hurt some more.

*

Fifteen minutes later, the silver Jag purred to a stop in front of the dilapidated apartment complex.

Seeing Vin's motorcycle in the alley where he parked it, both men hurried inside. They failed to notice that the jeep was gone.

Buck knocked on Vins apartment door. When he got no answer he knocked louder.

"Vin, hey Junior its Buck and Ez. Come on Vin, open the door and let us in. We have your motorcycle helmet. We just want to make sure that you’re okay and talk for a bit."

Worry was slowly mounting in the two men, as they got no response from the quiet apartment. Hearing a noise behind them they turned quickly to see a middle-aged woman standing at the top of the stairs staring at them.

"Vin said some men would probably be by later. He said to give you his cell phone. I hope he did not get into trouble for letting me use it. My phone was turned off because I could not pay the bill and my mother is very sick and having an operation. Vin said that I could use it to I could see how she was doing. I am so sorry if that caused problems. He is such a sweet boy." Maria rambled. It was obvious she was nervous around the two men. She had seen them before, but had never talked to them.

Ezra turned on the charm. "Thank you, Ma’am. Did Vin go somewhere? And I sure hope your mom is doing better."

"Oh yes thank you. The doctor said she was going to be fine. Vin was very upset. He did not tell me why. The poor boy had been crying and I know with my own son that men don’t like people to notice they have been crying. When he left my place he said good-bye and he had two bags with him."

Feeling the knot of dread in his stomach get bigger, Buck swallowed deeply before he could say "Can you let us into his place? We need to see if he left us a message."

Maria left and came back with a key in her hand. Handing it to Buck she said, "Just leave the key off at my place, apartment 1A. You can go on in."

Buck handed the key to Ezra as his hand was shaking to bad. He had a real bad feeling about this. He had a feeling this nightmare was about to get a lot worse.

The two ATF agents walked into the small apartment. Glancing around their eyes fell upon the coffee table.

"Oh, God, Junior. What the hell have you and where in the hell have you gone." Buck groaned as he hurried over to the table.

Ezra went into the bedroom, taking only a minute to realize that Vin had cleaned his clothes out.

When he went back into the living room, Buck was seated on the old sofa with his head in his hands. As the southerner approached his love, Buck reached out and handed Ez two notes.

Dear Boys,

I’m going to miss you. Can’t work for Larabee anymore and be treated like trash. In a couple of weeks you won’t even think about me. I’m fine; I can take care of myself. Look after Nettie and Maria for me. Take care,

Vin

Ez had tears in his eyes as he finished the note. Shit, Vin sounded like he didn’t expect them to worry about him. That he didn’t think they cared enough to look for him. Hell, he thought he was so worthless that they would forget they ever knew him.

Ezra looked at the second note. It was shorter and straight to the point.

 

Larabee

I quit. Send my check to Maria in my apartment building.

Tanner

Buck abruptly stood up and grabbed Ez in a bear hug. The two men clung together for a few seconds.

"We’re going to find him, love. We’ll find him and drag him back even if he’s kicking and screaming." Buck vowed.

"Chris did a great job on Vins self-esteem. Vin was insecure anyway and Chris made it worse. Vin actually thinks we won’t miss him."

"I know Ez, but we’ll change his mind. Chris is ready to go down on his knees to Vin and apologize. That may be what it takes. I’m not calling Chris with this news, we’ll head back to the ranch and tell him then."

Grabbing up Vins gun and badge, the men ran downstairs. After dropping off the key to Maria they jumped in the Jag and headed back out to Chris ranch.

*

Vin drove southeast heading straight for Texas. He planned on getting out of Colorado before stopping for the night. He had been driving for a couple of hours when the jeep started to handle funny. It felt like he had a flat tire.

Vin cursed when he tried to put on the brakes and the jeep did not slow down. Unfortunately, he had crested a hill and it was all-downhill to a narrow bridge over a fast moving river.

The emergency brake did not work so Vin just held on trying to steer the jeep. Just before the jeep reached the bridge a young girl darted out into the road. Jerking the wheel desperate to miss the child, Vin saw nothing but water in front of him.

His last thought before the jeep hit the water and his head hit the steering wheel was… I love you Chris, I forgive you…"

*

As Vin's jeep was taking a nosedive into the cold river, Buck and Ezra were pulling up in front of the ranch. They had stopped by Nathan and picked up the medic. Buck wasn’t sure how Chris was going to handle Vin taking off so he wanted Nathan around.

Buck had decided he was not calling JD, because there was nothing the kid could do and quite frankly, Buck had his hands full without having to pacify the excitable young agent.

The men climbed out of the Jag and headed for the door. Walking inside they found Chris and Josiah still sitting on the sofa. Chris looked like he had been rung through the ringer, his eyes were red rimmed, but he seemed calmer that he had when Buck and Ez had left earlier.

Looking up eagerly, Chris scanned the doorway looking for the longhaired man who had stolen his heart.

When Vin did not appear Chris gazed at Buck with panic in his eyes. He clenched his fists, to scared to ask about the sharpshooter.

Buck began to explain to Chris and Josiah what they found when they got to Vin's apartment. As Buck was telling about Maria using the phone to get in contact with her sick mother, Chris paled and gave an anguished groan. As Buck finished, the four men waited to see how Chris was going to react to Vin's leaving.

Chris leaned his head back on the sofa and shut his eyes. Taking a deep breath he worked to control his off the wall emotions. Now was not the time to lose it, he had plans to make.

Five minutes later to the shock of his friends the old Chris Larabee emerged. The Chris Larabee that had been wallowing in self-pity and taking it out on everyone around him was gone. Sitting up straight, Chris glanced at each man then began issuing orders.

Ezra was to get on the computer and start-doing checks of any credit cards used by one Vin Tanner.

Buck was on the phone with his old police buddies getting an APB put out on Vin and his jeep. Buck made sure they understood that if Vin was seen it was to be reported to Team 7, no one was to approach the sharpshooter. Vin was not the danger, or a danger to anyone else, the team just needed to find him and talk to him.

Josiah was in the kitchen whipping up a quick dinner with the leftover lunch food. Everyone had to eat so as he fixed the meal Josiah sent prayers to the man above.

Nathan and Chris sat down and tried to figure out what Vin would do and where he would head.

Chris constantly reread the two notes. He silently berated himself for causing the gentle sharpshooter such heartache. He knew that he didn’t deserve to have Vin in his life and certainly not in his bed at least not now, but he could continue to hope. He’d bring Vin home and make sure the young man knew that he was needed, that this was his home and that while Chris Larabee could be a real prick, he loved him totally and completely.

"He’d head for Texas, Chris. Besides Denver that’s the only other place he’d consider home. Vin is trying to find a place to belong. He’s been hurt and he going to the only other place he feels safe."

"You’re right. He’d head straight for Texas. We need to call the Denver Highway Patrol and have them keep an eye out for the jeep."

The five men formulated plans and continued to make calls to police departments from Denver to Texas. They were determined to find Vin and bring him home.

Josiah insisted everyone eat; yet while eating the men were brainstorming. Buck was relieved to see that Chris had nothing to drink but coffee.

Chris was just suggesting what the next step would be when the phone rang.

*

Vin woke up wondering what the hell he was doing soaking wet and hurting like hell. It only took a few minutes for his memory to return. He remembered the brakes, the bridge, the water and the little girl.

Vin struggled to sit up. A hand pressed him back down on the ground and a blanket was wrapped around him.

"Take it easy, mister. You hit your head. It was bleeding, but I wrapped a bandage around it and it stopped. You’re going to have a big knot on your head. I don’t see any other injuries."

Vin waited until the world stopped spinning, then his eyes focused on a middle-aged man sitting next to him. Over the mans shoulder Vin could see a teenage boy about sixteen and the little girl he had seen on the road. She looked to be about six years old.

Vin looked at the man and said, "Is the little girl, okay? I prayed I missed her."

"You did. I’m just sorry she caused you to wreck."

"She didn’t. My brakes failed at the top of the hill. I was just trying to control it until he could roll to a stop. Guess the river stopped it."

Vin heard a snort of laughter from the teenager. He had a sense of déjà vu when he meet the green eyes that were gleaming with amusement inspite of the situation.

"Christopher, it’s not funny. He’s hurt and it’s our fault no matter what he says," the man admonished glaring at the boy. The man did not see the flinch that Vin gave when hearing the name of the teenager.

"Sorry, sir, its just you still have a sense of humor even after trashing your jeep and hitting your head," the boy said sheepishly.

"I’m serious when I say it’s not your fault. And my name is not sir, its Vin Tanner and I live in Denver," Vin was relieved when he could sit up with assistance, the world quit spinning after a couple of minutes.

"My name is Robert Adams and this is my daughter Sydnee, and the boy is the one that pulled you from the jeep, he’s my son Christopher."

Shutting his eyes, Vin muttered under his breath to low for the family to hear him.

"Okay, so you had to literally hit me over the head, now you send me another green eyed savior name Chris. I may be dense sometimes, but I eventually get the idea."

"I can’t hear you Mr. Tanner. What did you say?" Robert asked. He wanted to make sure the young man was not delirious because of the head wound.

Vin smiled slightly, "Nothing, Mr. Adams. Just thinking on how strange things are and how when you think there is no hope, you just get hit up the side of the head until you see sense. And by the way its Vin, not Mr. Tanner."

"Okay, Vin if you’ll call me Robert."

Getting a nod of agreement from the injured man, Robert instructed the kids to pick up their belongings and load the van.

Robert grabbed Vin's bag and helped Vin change into some dry clothes, then threw Vins bags in the back seat. In no time at all Vin was in the passenger seat.

Robert looked over at Vin and said, "I can take you to Denver, Vin. I think you might need to see a doctor. We were headed to Denver when we pulled over here over for a break. I hope to get a job in the city. I got laid off at my other job. What do you want to do about your jeep?"

Vin looked at the jeep that was half submerged and replied "I gotta friend near here and I’ll give him a call to come tow it. Don’t need a doctor; I have a friend that takes care of my aches and pains. Don’t much like strangers poking around on me."

The van made good time, the traffic was light and the weather was good. Vin had made small talk with the family and found them to be real nice people. They were headed to Roberts’s sister’s house; they were staying there until he found work and a place to live.

After about thirty minutes of driving, Vin dosed off. Robert decided to let him sleep until they reached Denver city limits.

*

Chris froze staring at the phone. He felt the knot in the pit of his stomach. It had started when he heard Vin had left town, and had grown progressively worse.

Buck picked up the phone and identified himself. The rest of the team saw the big man pale and suddenly sit down. Buck put the phone down and faced Larabee.

Chris took a step back as trying to put distance between himself and the news that he knew was coming.

"That was the highway patrol. Some boaters found a jeep half submerged in a river south of here. When they ran the plates, the owner came up Vin Tanner. There’s no sign of Vin. They called out search and rescue."

Chris suddenly dashed down the hallway and the team could hear him throwing up in the bathroom.

Nathan went down the hallway to help Chris, as Josiah began to say prayers for Vins safety.

Ezra knelt down in front of Buck and put his arms around him.

Gently patting his back, Ezra said "They haven’t found him, he could be okay. We just have to keep the faith. I don’t think he’s dead."

Hearing footsteps coming into the room, Buck stood up, Ezra keeping his arms around his shaken lover.

Nathan had a pale Chris Larabee by the arm, but the blond was slowly gaining control of himself. He refused to believe that Vin was gone for good. He still felt Vin in his soul and he believed that wouldn’t be the case if the sharpshooter were dead.

"You’re right, Ez. They haven’t found him, and until they do, he’s alive. I’m going to that damn river."

Chris disengaged his arm from Nathan and headed outside to his SUV. The rest of the men dashed after him. Buck grabbed Chris as he getting ready to get behind the wheel.

Staring his old friend in the eyes, Buck knew that if Tanner were dead, then Chris wouldn’t be far behind. Larabee blamed himself for Vin leaving. If Vin were dead, Chris would blame himself, and if Buck were truthful to himself he knew that Larabee was to blame.

"Let Ez drive, stud. You’re look like you’re going into shock and Ez can drive like a Nascar driver."

Chris knew he was shaking with emotion and they certainly didn’t need another wreck. He handed the keys to Ez, and everyone piled into the SUV.

Peeling out of the driveway, Ez was already over the speed limit before he hit the highway.

Unbeknownst to the men of Team 7 the van carrying Vin Tanner and the SUV carrying his teammates passed each other on the interstate. Team 7 knew nothing about the van and Vin was sound asleep so he didn’t notice the black SUV.

*

Approaching Denver, Robert leaned over and gently tapped Vin's shoulder. After waking up, the sharpshooter gave directions to Chris’s ranch.

When the van pulled up at the ranch, Vin noticed that the black SUV was gone, but Ez and Josiah’s automobiles were still here. Dismissing it because they had all discussed going to a late softball game in town, Vin figured that was where everyone was. Although, he had to admit it kind of hurt that they weren’t more worried about him. Then Vin realized that they probably didn’t figure he would take off and that they would see him on Monday.

Deciding that all this thinking was making his head hurt even worse than it already was, Vin thanked Robert for the ride and Christopher for saving his life. He finally got a smile out of Sydnee when he told her she was the prettiest little thing he’d seen in a long time.

As Christopher carried his bags to the front door, Vin told Robert about a friend of his that had a job opening at his factory. Robert promised to check it out and promised to use Vin as a reference.

Thanking Christopher once again, Vin waved as the family drove off. Carrying his bags inside he left them by the sofa. Going to the phone he called Harley and told him where to find his jeep and asked him to pick it up.

Vin wandered down the hall and took a quick shower. He left his clothes lying on the floor. He’d pick em up later. Going to the medicine cabinet he swallowed a couple of pain pills since his head was aching something fierce. Since he figured the clothes in his bags probably did not smell real great he grabbed a pair of Larabees sweats and socks. He decided the underwear he could do without.

The big bed in the master bedroom looked real inviting. He figured Chris owed him some for the sore jaw so Vin crawled in bed and covered up. He curled around Chris’s pillow inhaling the scent of the lean blond. He drifted off to sleep with the scent of Chris surrounding him.

Thankfully no one pulled Team 7 over as they made record time driving down the highway. Cresting the hill, they saw the emergency vehicles off the road next to a bridge. Buck leaned forward and placed his hand on Chris’s shoulder in support. Chris had sat in the passenger seat rigid and silent the whole drive. After the first few attempts, the rest of the men left their silent leader alone.

*

As the SUV came to a stop on the side of the road, Chris jumped out and began to hurry towards the police gathered around the submerged jeep.

"Who’s in charge?" he snapped as he strode up to the group of men.

A big burly sergeant stepped forward. A frown crossing his face at being so addressed by a total stranger.

"I am, names Sergeant Iams. Who’s asking?"

"Chris Larabee, ATF Team 7. This jeep belongs to one of my men and I want to know if you’ve found him?"

Even hours away from Denver people had heard of Chris Larabee and Team 7. The sergeant almost came to attention when he heard whom he was addressing.

"Sorry, sir. Needed to make sure who I was talking to."

Josiah stepped up, "That’s okay, son. Have you found Vin?"

"No, sir. No sign of anyone. I’m sorry to say this, but the river moves real fast through here and the windows are open on the jeep. We just…well…we have men searching the banks of the river and we’ve…well… called in a team of divers to search the river bottom."

Chris paled and swayed. He had been afraid of this since they got the phone call. He had refused to acknowledge the possibility that Vin might be dead. He felt Buck grab hold of him.

"Vin's not dead. Keep searching," was all the blond ATF leader said right before he walked away to look at the jeep.

A young patrolman walked up to Chris and handed him a picture. It was the picture Vin had taken off his television set. It was wet and starting to fade, but Chris saw how happy Vin was in the photo.

Feeling tears fill his eyes, Chris took off down the riverbank searching for his missing friend.

Not to long after Team 7 had started searching on there own, Harley pulled up in his tow truck. After conversing with the police, Harley realized that Vins friends thought he was dead.

Harley had met Chris Larabee, he had seen how the blond felt for Tanner and he could only imagine what the man was going through thinking Vin was dead.

Hurrying in the direction that Team 7 had taken, Harley saw them heading back towards the crash site. The five men had their heads down and Buck had his arm around Chris. It was obvious the men had given up hope.

Breaking into a sprint, Harley skidded to a stop in front of the heartbroken blond.

Larabee looked up, the tears running down his cheeks. His eyes widened when he recognized Vin's friend.

Thinking Harley was not aware that it was Vin in the wreck, Chris started to talk to the man.

"Harley, Vin was… he"

Harley interrupted Larabee. Something that very few people ever dared do.

"Mr. Larabee, Vin's not dead, I just talked to him. He told me to come and tow his jeep outa the river."

All the men gasped in surprise. Then they started pounding each other on the back and shoulders. Buck caught Ez up in a big bear hug then grabbed Chris.

Chris pulled back and put his hands on Harley’s shoulders. Gazing intently into the young mans eyes, Chris asked, "Where is Vin? Is he hurt? Is he in the hospital? How did he sound?"

"He said that he hit his head when he wrecked, but some people patched him up. I told him he needed to go to the hospital, but he said Nathan would take care of him."

Nathan puffed up as Harley announced that Vin wanted Nathan to take care of him.

"Damn it Harley. Where is he?"

"He said he was at your ranch. Had that family drop him off and…" Harley was talking to air as five men took off running for their automobile.

Sergeant Iams tried to stop the men as they ran by to see what had happened. Josiah yelled that Harley would explain they had a friend to take care of.

Chris took the wheel of his SUV this time and after doing a U-turn peeled out. He was determined to make better time than Ez did. In fact when he hit the city limits, he was turning on his sirens, to hell with regulations, Vin was alive and that was all that mattered.

In record time, Chris pulled up in front of his ranch. They had tried to call the house, but got no answer. Nathan said that Vin was probably asleep.

Chris knew that Nathan was probably right, but he wouldn’t be happy until he saw Vin himself. He wanted to go down on his knees and beg his friend’s forgiveness. He wanted to wrap Vin up in his arms and never let him go. Hell, that was a fact, the sharpshooter was never getting far away from Chris again. At least he would not be out of Chris’s sight for awhile, in fact if Chris had his way, Vin would be moving out to the ranch with him.

Wrenching the door open, Chris stopped as he saw Vin's bags on the floor. Starting to dash down the hall, Josiah stopped him.

"Boss, if the boy is sleeping we don’t want to startle him. He’s bound to still be upset what with the argument, leaving town and then having a wreck. Let’s take it nice and slow."

Nodding his head, Chris walked down the hall, he peeked into the guest bedroom and didn’t see Vin. Feeling an urgent need to find Vin, Chris rushed into his bedroom, coming to an abrupt halt.

Striding silently to the bed, Chris knelt down and just stared at his best friend. The other men gathered around the bed.

Nathan was trying to see all he could of Vin's injuries. He wanted to check the young man over, but did not want to wake him up. Nathan headed for the bathroom where he found Vins clothes and the pain pill bottle out.

Josiah sent silent thanks for his friend’s safe return and for keeping his family together.

Buck stood behind Chris with his hand on the blonde’s shoulder. Tears running down his cheeks, Buck was just so relieved and thrilled that his young friend was back and safe.

Ezra stood next to Buck, an ever-present picture of calm. He knew how emotional his lover was and was determined to be there for the man who had changed his life for the better. As Buck was strong for Chris, Ezra was strong for Buck.

Chris felt his heart slowly start to mend itself. It would not be completely whole until those big blue eyes looked at him and he heard Vin say I forgive you, Chris.

He wanted to hear Vin say I love you, but for now he just wanted forgiveness.

Larabee reached out and gently touched Vins bruised jaw. A bruise he had put there with his irrational anger. Not so easily seen were the bruises on the on the gentle mans soul and heart. Chris was determined to fix all his friends bruises.

The men looked up as Nathan came back into the bedroom. Motioning with his head the medic headed for the hallway.

Chris moved slowly away from the bed. He did not want to let Vin out of his sight even for a second. He refused to move out of the doorway.

Once in the hallway, Nathan explained, "Vin's gonna be out for awhile. I figure he took a couple of pain pills when he got here. Knowing how medication affects him, he’ll sleep for several hours. I imagine a bomb going off next to the bed won’t wake him up."

Chris nodded absently his eyes never leaving the sleeping man.

"Chris, I know that you’re not going to leave his side. How about if we take care of things. Vins things need to be cleaned up and his laundry done. The food and dishes need to be cleaned up. Buck needs to let JD know what’s going on, if the kid gets back and no one has called him there will be hell to pay. Ezra can contact the authorities and call off the APB. What do you think?"

"Fine, I’ll be with Vin. You guys can handle it all."

Chris smiled at his friends and once more went into the bedroom. He sat on the edge of the bed, just staring down at the young man. He absently stroked through Vins hair, tuning out the world until the only thing that existed was this man.

An hour later, Buck tiptoed down the hall to check on the two men. He smiled as he stood in the doorway.

Chris had propped himself up on the bed leaning against the headboard. He had gently moved Vin until the young man was lying between his legs, curled onto his side. Vins head was resting on Chris’s shoulder, his left hand was grasping Chris’s shirt. To Buck it looked like Vin was latching onto a lifeline. The blankets had fallen to Vins waist, so Buck could see that even though Chris was sound asleep he had Vin wrapped up tightly in his arms. Chris’s head was resting on the top of Vin golden brown head.

Buck strode forward and pulled the blankets back up around the two men. He noticed that when Vin shifted a little, Chris just tightened his arms until the sharpshooter settled down.

Walking back into the family room, he joined his friends. Soft drinks and food littered the coffee table.

Sitting down on the sofa he reached out and snagged Ezra pulling him into his arms. As Ez snuggled down at Buck side the southerner gazed up at his lover.

"What is our illustrious leader doing to put you in such a good mood?"

"Chris has Vin in a death grip that I don’t think Josiah could break. They’re all tucked into that bed nice and tight."

"I just hope that when Vin wakes up he’s willing to listen to Chris’s explanations. Those two are made for each other," Josiah observed.

"I wonder how long it will be before Vin has enough of Chris’s hovering. You know how he is about people fussing over him. I have a feeling Chris isn’t going to let that boy outa his sight for quite sometime, Nathan said.

"I think Mr. Tanner will be fine with it for awhile. Vin needs this hovering for awhile, it’ll help him feel safe and secure. Chris needs it because he’s going to feel guilty for a long while," Ezra commented as he took Bucks hand in his own lacing the fingers together.

"Chris has always been at his best when he has someone to worry over. Until Vin came along he hadn’t had anyone to look out for in three years. I truly think those two are a godsend for each other," Buck said.

The former ladies man was in seventh heaven. Vin was alive and he and Chris would make things up between them. Buck would see to it. He had Ez in his life and a job he loved. He had a bunch of brothers he loved and could count on. Life just didn’t get any better. JD was getting married to Casey and the boy was satisfied with Buck’s explanation of the events for the day, so he was not cutting his trip short.

It was getting on into the evening when the men decided that Ezra and Josiah would go home. Both men were going to go into the office the next day to hold down the fort.

Nathan and Buck would stay at the ranch, until both men had woke up. Nathan wanted to check Vin over, when he was satisfied that Vin was okay he would head on home to his wife.

Buck would stay at the ranch until Vin told him to go. Vin still had not talked to Chris, so no one knew how Vin was going to react when he woke up. However, everyone agreed that what Vin wanted Vin would get.

After Ez and Josiah left, Buck and Nathan settled down to watch a little TV. Before long the trials of the day got to them and they fell asleep.

It was near midnight when Vin started to wake up. Chris immediately came wide-awake. The blond did not move, he waited while Vin slowly woke up.

Vins face was nestled into Chris neck. As Vin opened his eyes, Chris felt the long eyelashes brush against his neck. Holding his breath, Chris waited until Vin realized where he was and who was holding him.

Chris knew the instant Vin was wide-awake. He felt the slim body tense and heard Vins gasp.

Afraid that Vin would bolt from the bed, Chris tightened his hold. Making sure that Vin felt it, Chris brushed the top of the injured mans head with a light kiss.

"I know you’re awake, Cowboy. I have to tell you today has been the worst and the best day I’ve had in a long time. I know that I’ve been on a roller coaster ride all day. I know that you probably want to hit me, yell at me or just storm off but I just want you to listen for a few minutes. I know that I don’t have the right to ask you to do anything, please just give me a few minutes. Please, Vin I need you to listen to me."

Vin didn’t move for a few seconds. His head was hurting and his body was telling him that he had more aches and pains than when he went to sleep. He had never heard Chris say please before; it was almost like he was begging for Vin to listen to him. Vin left his head where it was on Chris’s shoulder, but gave a little nod indicating that he would listen to what the blond had to say.

"When I finish I give you leave to punch me out. I was scared this morning when you didn’t show up. I worried something had happened to you, then you showed up and I was pissed as well as being a little drunk. When you took off without your helmet I was petrified you were going to kill yourself. I sunk even deeper when Buck and Ez came back and said that you had left town. I read your notes and I knew then that I was one of the biggest bastards around. I had hurt the one person I truly loved and need and I ran him out of town."

Feeling Vin jerk in his arms when Chris said that he loved him and needed him, Chris put a hand on the back of Vins head holding him in place.

"Not yet, Vin, just listen. You know I’m not much on talking so I need to do this while I have the courage. I felt in my soul that we would find you and I told Buck that I would go down on my knees and apologize to you, anything to get you back. We got the phone call that they found your jeep and you might be dead. When we got to the river and I saw that jeep, I died a little. I knew that if you had died, I was following you as soon as I could. The cowards way out I know, but that’s how I felt. Then Harley showed up and said you were here at the ranch and you were alive. I used the sirens so we could get back here as soon as possible. When I saw you in my bed, I was so relieved, and so happy, I just wanted to hold you forever. You’re my life, Vin. I just let everything pile up and then I saw you with Derrick outside that bar a couple of weeks ago. I was so jealous I wanted to go over and punch him, to tell him to keep his hands off my man. I didn’t have that right then, but I hope if you can forgive me, I will eventually have the right to call you mine. Now you can hit me, Vin, because I deserve it."

Chris waited silently for Vin to start talking. It seemed like forever before the young man shifted in his arms.

Vin sat up slowly and turned until he was facing Chris. Vin stayed between Chris’s legs and allowed Larabee to keep his hands on his waist. Vin found he liked the hands on his waist, they made him feel good.

Glancing up Chris, Vin softly said, "Bucklin told me what time of year it was. I should’ve remembered that this morning. If I would’ve remembered then I wouldn’t have stormed off. I’d have understood why you were in such a bad mood. I just got mad. Derrick is just a friend, Chris, nothing more. But you shouldn’t have hit me Chris. I stopped a long time ago letting people hit me, even if I love them."

"I’ll never hit you again, Vin. I promise you that. Please say you forgive me, Vin. I’ll spend the rest of my life living up to your love. After thinking that you were dead, I knew that I could not live without you," Chris raised one hand and rested it on Vins shoulder.

"I forgave you as the jeep headed for the water. You were the only thing on my mind."

Green eyes met blue and suddenly all the misunderstandings, the hateful things that were said to each other and even the sore jaw disappeared. All the two men knew was that they loved each other, everything else would be handled, talked about again and put away never to be referred to again.

Vin knew that Chris would not make the first move, so he leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on the blonde’s mouth.

Chris pulled and when Vin settled against him, he took that mouth he had wanted for so long in a deep satisfying kiss. Nipping Vin lower lip, Chris said, "Like I said, Vin. It’s been a roller coaster ride. You’re not up for anything but kisses right now. I won’t take a chance on hurting you. I plan on pampering you for quite awhile. Josiah is going to tell Travis that we are taking next week off. Besides I think the guys are still here and I’d hate for them to walk in while we are making love. Lets go get some food, let them see you then maybe we can get them to leave. We can crawl back into bed and sleep around the clock. Tomorrow we can do whatever you want, just so we can do it together because you’re not getting out of my sight for quite awhile, so get used to it."

"If you continue to kiss like that, you can keep me where ever you want to."

"Don’t say things like that, Vin. I have a very creative imagination."

"Good so do I. I knew we were good for each other."

"Okay, Vin. Time to get out of the bed, before this conversation gets out of hand. Just take it slow and easy. If you fall, Nathan will shoot me."

Vin climbed out of bed with Chris close behind him. He wasn’t to sure how steady Vin would be on his feet. Making their way slowly down the hallway, they heard snoring coming from the family room.

When the two men wandered into the family room they found Buck and Nathan asleep. Nathan was sprawled out on the love seat, his long frame half on and half off the cushions.

Buck had the footrest up on the lounger and was the one making all the noise.

Vin sat down on the sofa with a sigh of relief. Chris whispered to Vin that he was going to fix something for him eat and would be right back.

Nathan somehow sensed that his patient was up. Sitting up he blearily looked around until is eyes fell upon the team sharpshooter.

"Vin, what are you doing out of bed?" Nathan yelped as he leaped to his feet.

Buck surged to his feet when he heard Nathan’s voice. Stumbling slightly, Buck glanced around until is eyes fell upon Vin sitting on the sofa and Nathan hovering over him.

Nathan was checking Vins head out, so Buck slid in until he was sitting next to the sharpshooter.

Vin felt Buck kiss him on the head and pat him on the back. Turning his head, Vin raised an eyebrow at the big man.

"Just so glad to see you, Junior. You scared the shit out of all of us. You ever do that again and I’ll blister your ass, you hear me?"

"Don’t move your head, Vin. I need to get this clean bandage on your hard head."

Chris walked back into the room with a tray of food. He set the tray on the coffee table and started to laugh.

Buck and Nathan looked at the blond leader in surprise.

"Sorry, guys, But if you continue to swarm around him, he’ll probably explode in a few minutes. Let him eat."

Vin looked at Chris in gratitude. His stomach growled at the smell of the food.

Chris gave his friend a plate of food and a big glass of milk. At Vins nasty glance at the milk, Chris said, "You’re going to drink all that milk. It’s good for you. From now on I’m going to make sure you eat properly."

Vin narrowed his eyes and shoved his lower lip out a bit. Nathan and Buck laughed at the war of will that they were witnessing.

Chris returned the Tanner look with a glare of his own. Neither look had any impact on the person it was directed at.

"Don’t give me that look, young man. You give me a hard time, you won’t get a beer until next weekend."

Vin looked down at his food, muttering his breath about old men grouching and what they could do with that cow shit they wanted him to drink.

Buck looked at Chris and saw the affectionate smile on the blonde’s face as he looked at Vin.

After Nathan had fussed for awhile, he decided to go home to his wife.

After Vin had assured him that he felt fine, his headache was almost gone, Nathan took off, promising to check on the sharpshooter the next morning.

Buck stayed another hour watching both men. When he was satisfied that the two men had cleared the air, Buck took off. It was too late to go to Ezras place so he was going straight home.

Chris never left Vins side. He made sure the young man ate all his food and drank the hated milk. Grabbing an afghan off the back of the sofa, he covered Vin up. When Chris stroked the long hair off Vins forehead trying to subtly check for a temperature, Vin reached up and grabbed his hand.

"I’m fine, Chris. Sit down and relax. I know it’s the middle of the night, but I want to stay up for a bit. Okay?"

"Whatever you want, Vin."

"I want you to make love to me, Chris. Like I said I’m fine. I’ve wanted you for a long time."

Seeing that Chris was going to deny him, Vin decided to play dirty. Standing up he let the afghan fall to the floor. Keeping his eyes on Chris, Vin slowly pulled the sweatshirt over his head, then dropping it to the floor.

Chris licked his lips as the golden brown curls fell in tangled waves to the slim shoulders.

Vin took the waistband of the sweatpants and then slowly rotated his hips as he slid them down his long legs.

Chris caught his breath as Vins long thick cock sprung free. Damn the boy, the blond thought, he doesn’t play fair, he goes commando.

Stepping out of the pants, Vin stood there in nothing but a white pair of socks.

Turning his back to Chris, Vin bent over at the waist and removed the socks.

Chris surged up off the sofa, grabbing Vin around the waist and under the knees. Scooping the young man up in his arms, Chris strode rapidly down the hall to his bedroom.

Vin reached up and stroked his fingers through Chris’s blond hair. He proceeded to unbutton Chris shirt as he chuckled to himself. Chris was so easy sometimes.

Chris hurried to the bed and gently lay Vin down. In five minutes the ATF leader had his clothes off and had covered Vin with his own body.

"Vin, have you ever done this before? I need to know." Chris managed to ask as he kissed, sucked and licked his way down Vin neck and chest.

"Yeah, Chris I have. A guy in the military I thought I was in love with. Turned out I was just an easy fuck for him."

Chris heard the bitterness behind Vins words. Gazing into the blue eyes, Chris said "You’re not an easy fuck for me. He’s the big loser. He lost you. I love you and I’m not letting you go. You are a prize worth keeping."

Vin flushed at Chris’s words. He was so lucky to have this man. The day started off so bad and now it was wonderful. Maybe his life was turning around for sure.

"I want you to make love to me, Vin. Don’t argue I need to feel you in me, moving and claiming me. I thought I had lost you and my world had come to an end."

Vin was silent; he was surprised that Chris was going to allow him to claim him.

"I love you, Chris. I’ll make love you now, if you’ll return the favor later?"

"You got it, Vin, now move that ass and take me."

Vin shifted and Chris found himself on his back with the sharpshooter kneeling between his legs. Chris leaned over and grabbed oil out of the bedside table handing it to Vin.

Vin took his time. He devoured Chris’s mouth and continued on down the lean chest. Reaching the nipples, Vin sucked and gently bit down until Chris was groaning, starting to writhe on the bed.

Vin slicked up his hand and began to stroke Chris’s thick cock. While he stroked Chris, Vin began to push an oil slick finger into the hot channel that was waiting for him. Chris was so ready that it only took a couple of minutes for Vin to get three fingers in him.

"Please, Vin…now… take me now. I need you…I need to feel your hard flesh taking me," Chris gasped his blond head tossing on the pillow.

"Easy, Cowboy, I’m going to take care of you."

Vin urged Chris up and turned the blond around until he was on his hands and knees.

Vin put his cock head at Chris’s hot center and pushed in. As he sunk deeper and deeper into his lover’s body, Vin moaned in ecstasy.

"God, you are so tight, Chris. I have to move, Cowboy."

"Do it Vin. I’m ready. I need it rough."

Chris had barely finished talking when Vin pulled all the way out and slammed back in.

Vin built up a rhythm slamming in and out of Chris. He reached around and grasped Chris’s cock. Stroking Chris roughly, Vin felt the blond tighten up just before he screamed out Vins name and came.

The tightening of Chris’s muscles sent Vin over the edge. Vin pulled Chris’s hips back as he pushed in, going as deep as he could into the blond. Vin yelled out Chris’s name as his world went up in fireworks; he slumped over Chris’s back.

Chris unable to hold himself and Vin up collapsed to the bed. It took several minutes for the men to recover.

Chris slid out from under Vin and went to grab a towel from the bathroom.

After cleaning them both up, Chris threw a blanket over the damp sheets. Crawling back into bed, Chris pulled Vin towards him and tucked Vin tight into his side with the sharpshooter’s head resting on his chest.

Chris thought Vin had gone to sleep when he heard a sleepy little voice say, "That was heaven, Cowboy. Did you like it?"

Wrapping his arm tighter around the slender body, Chris said "Like it, Vin. I loved it. I love you. You are wonderful. Now I want you to go to sleep. Nathan and Buck will probably be out here bright and early to check on you."

Yawning, Vin agreed "Okay, Chris, I love you. Night."

Kissing the top of Vins head, Chris murmured, "I love you, to Vin. I love you to."

Both men drifted off to sleep. The day had been a long and emotional one. There were still things that needed to be said, but the healing was already taking place. Together, Vin and Chris could and would be able to face anything.

The End