TITLE: Surprises

AUTHOR: TexasAries2

FANTOM: Magnificent Seven-ATF AU

FEEDBACK: Yes Please, but please be gentle.

WARNINGS: None

PAIRINGS: Chris/Ezra/Buck/Vin and Josiah/JD

COMPANION: "Proof of Ownership", "To Grab a Dream", "Inspired Performance", and "Sweet Illusions"

TYPE: SLASH

RATING: NC-17

STATUS: FINISH

DISCLAIMER: I do not claim any rights over the Magnificent 7 characters used in this story, which has been written for the joy of writing only (whether it be good writing or no) and for no other purpose (such as monetary gain). Trilogy Entertainment Group, the Mirisch Group and MGM own the Mag 7 characters/aspects of the story.

CHALLENGE: Willow Challenge: "To be caught literally or figuratively with ones pants down."

NOTES: I want to thank MotherRati and Rowan for reading this story and for the kind comments and encouragements in helping me write this story. I want to thank my Beta Reader Debbie.


Surprises
by TexasAries2

JD Dunne pulled up next to Vin Tanner's Jeep, which was sitting in Chris Larabee`s driveway. The ranch was quiet and seemed deserted but for the fact that Chris's Ram was parked in the garage alongside his lover's red Mustang, while Ezra's Jag sat in the shade of a large oak tree.

Dunne was tempted to leave but the need to understand why he still relived those kisses that Buck and Chris had both given him during the Sterling case burned at him. It had been a month and still JD couldn't stop thinking about how it felt to be held in his teammate's arms. To feel the strength and body of the other men against his and to feel their hands caressing him in such an intimate manner. It made him experience feelings that he had never felt before and … if he was honest with himself … wanted to experience more of.

Then the erotic dreams started and all JD could remember of them was that it wasn't Casey in them. He had been trying to deal with his confusion himself but had been unsuccessful. JD had started to notice that his preoccupation was affecting both his relationship with Casey and his co-workers. That was why he was here. To talk with Buck who was like a big brother to him even though he wasn't thinking brotherly thoughts of him and maybe the older man could shed some light onto what was going on with him.

Getting out of the car, JD made his way to the couple's front door. He realized that the two men had been living at the ranch for over a year and remembered watching with envy… as both Chris's and Buck's love grew. They just seem to fit so perfectly together like they balanced each other. Each of the men was more relaxed and contented which meant that Chris's black moods had virtually disappeared while Buck seemed more mature and responsible. JD had hoped to have something similar with Casey but now he wasn't sure if it was in the cards.

Climbing the steps, JD first checked the front door to see if it was open but found it locked. He then moved along the porch to peer in the windows but found the interior dark and quiet. Puzzled, JD returned to the front of the house and looked around to see if he could find any indication of where the four men had gone. Dunne's eyes hit upon the barn and the young man figured it was the next logical choice to look for clues as to where the missing men had gone off to. JD made his way down the stairs and into the barn to find that men's horses were also gone.

JD was about to give up when he remembered the little beach that the team helped Buck and Chris set up in the spring about two months ago. They had spent the whole weekend out at the ranch helping to build a combination floating platform and a deck on the river that ran through the couple's property. From the overhanging deck a ladder descended down to the river and raft. It also had a roof that would offer some protection if it started to rain and a built-in grill so that the couple could barbeque. At the time JD though the place was perfect, with a sandy bottom that you see straight down to while the copse of trees on either side of the water provided some nice shade and privacy for some of those hot summer days.

With a beautiful summer day like today JD figured that's where the men had gone and decided to check it out himself. He quickly saddled Jumper and headed out to the site, anticipating a nice dip in the cool river water with the company of his friends.

Fifteen minutes later JD came upon his friends` horses staked out in a little meadow where he tied Jumper to Buck's horse's ground line and left to go in search of the missing foursome. Five minutes later JD found his friends, but wasn't quite prepared for what he saw.

As JD was about to step out of the tree line and onto the steps leading to the deck some instinct told him to stop and to watch. Puzzled, he scanned the surrounding area for any type of trouble as
leaned slightly over the ledge he noted that Buck was doing laps while the other three men were laying out on the platform. It was only as JD turned back to the sunbathers that he noticed they were nude.

The young man's breath caught as he took in the sight of Chris, Ezra and Vin lying side by side on their stomachs, their tan, naked bodies glistening with sweat and oil in the afternoon sun. JD couldn't look away from the three sleeping men and noted that all of them were lean and muscular with Vin and Chris built along the line of a runner while Ezra looked like a fighter or swimmer with his broader shoulders and more muscular arms. None of them had tan lines and were tanned to a golden tone, which told JD that they had been spending a lot of time out here together.

Taking a deep breath JD started to call out when Chris rose onto his elbows to look over the water as if he was watching his lover swim. The movement must have awakened Ezra for he sat up and shifted so that his back was to the water. The undercover agent bent his left leg and leaned down so that his chest was level with Chris's face.

The southerner's body mesmerized JD, his eyes following down from the beautiful face to the strong jaw and neck. A bead of sweat caught JD's eye as he followed it down the center of Ezra's muscular chest where twin cinnamon hard nubs stood out of the tan hard planes.

Shocked at himself, JD closed his eyes trying to block the sight of Ezra's glistening hard body but found himself compelled to open them once again. Slowly his eyes traveled down Ezra's chest to the flat stomach following the small rivulets of sweat to the southerner's groin, but due to the angle and the southern's leg JD could not see lower.

Embarrassed, JD tried to turned away only to freeze as he watched Vin reach up to cup the back of Ezra's neck and pull the other man towards him. The young agent gasped as he watched the two men hungrily devour each other's mouth while Chris looked on.

Were Ezra and Vin together?

When did this happen?

JD knew he should leave and let the two couples have their privacy, but he couldn't move for the sight of two of his friends making out in front of him was too exotic to. He was also curious about what went on between two men and since Buck and Chris rarely even kissed in front of the others JD took the opportunity to study the kissing couple.

His eyes traveled from where the two men's mouths were joined together down Vin's strong back to the sharpshooter's ass where Chris's hand was gently stroking. Shocked, JD couldn't believe his
eyes as his leader and his best friend's lover lowered his head to kiss the small of Vin's back before moving his lips slowly up the sharpshooter`s back. A strong hand swept aside Vin's ponytail as Chris started to nibble on the exposed flesh he just revealed.

What the hell was going on?

How could Chris do this to Buck?

Determined to put a stop to what was going on and to protect his friend from Chris's betrayal he stepped forward only to see Buck resting his arms on the raft in plain sight of the three men.

JD closed his eyes and cringed, waiting to hear his friend's shout of anger but instead there was silence. Confused the confused young man opened his eyes to see that Buck had pulled himself up behind Ezra and was in the process of leaving a large hickey on the side of the southerner's neck. The scoundrel's right hand was also very busy between Ezra's legs and JD realized that Buck was giving the southerner a hand job.

In shock, JD turned to the other couple and saw that Chris was lying between Vin's bent legs as they kissed each other hungrily. JD watched Chris start to thrust his pelvis against Vin's making the other man respond in a similar fashion. Soft groans and whimpers of pleasure were carried on the wind towards JD, leaving him both angry and confused at his friends' actions.

How dare Buck try to preach to him about his love life and about making a commitment while he and Chris were fooling around with Vin and Ezra! They wouldn't know fidelity if it came up and bit them on the ass. JD was just as angry at Ezra and Vin for going along with this sex orgy as he was with the other two men. Here he felt sorry for them because they didn't seem to have anyone but instead they just moved in on Buck and Chris's relationship. Both of them are nothing more than a pair of leaches living off the other two men's relationship instead of getting their own.

But as JD continued to observe the four men he started to notice something. Maybe it was the emotions reflected on both Ezra and Buck's faces as they looked at each or how the scoundrel held the southerner after the undercover agent's release. It could also have been the gentle kiss that Buck had placed on Ezra's forehead as they cuddled together watching the other two make love. Then again, it could have been Chris lovingly care for Vin after they both reached their own releases or the way the four of them cuddled and touched each other that made JD realize that the four men loved each other. Loved each other with a passion that wouldn't diminish with time and which wouldn't allow for anyone to come between them.

Needing to think over what he had witnessed and to come to terms with it, JD quietly left the four men sleeping in the sun and made his way back to the ranch. As he rode JD realized that he was even more confused than when he came out here. His friends were involved in a relationship that was beyond anything he had ever heard of. That the four men were happy and contented was very obvious.

But was it right? Maybe not for him but it was obviously ok for them. More than ok.

Did he have any right to judge them? No. What they do in the privacy of their bedroom is their own business as long as no one was getting hurt. And judging by what he saw no one was being hurt – only loved.

JD was even more confused when he realized that he was hard from witnessing his friends making love to each other.

Was he gay? No … No, he enjoyed being with his girlfriends and he was attracted to women in general.

If he wasn't gay then could he be Bi? Maybe. If his reaction to Ezra and the others were was any indication, than yes.

But maybe he wasn't that either. Could he be simply grasping at straws trying to find some excuse to end his relationship with Casey a relationship that was on the rocks? It just seemed that they
didn't have anything in common any more and each of them was so busy with their own lives to even have time for the other. He was busy with his work and she with returning to University to become a vet.

Was that dream trying to tell him something? That maybe there was someone out there waiting for him or was it just a dream made up of all his confusion and uncertainty?

JD realized the dream was the most frustrating and the most wonderful thing that ever happened to him. It always started out where he couldn't see anything but somehow he knew that he was safe and loved. Then a single pair of hands started to gently caress his skin as lips branded him with the love of this unseen person. All JD knew was that this lover knew how to touch his body and lavished him with love and attention that made him soar. Then as his unseen lover`s mouth engulfed him, driving him towards his climax, JD was awakened by his alarm clock feeling both hard and frustrated.

JD thought back to those hands in the dream. Could those hands belong to a man? They were much larger than the hands of the women he had been with but that might just be a perception of the dream.

Deciding to shove everything aside until he was home, JD dismounted and led Jumper into the barn. He unsaddled and started to brush him down, hoping to leave before the four men got back because he couldn't face them yet.

JD knew he needed time to truly think things over and this long May weekend would give him it. Maybe by Monday he would be able to talk to Buck without seeing him making love to Ezra. Hell, it would take a long time not to blush every time he saw any of the four men after witnessing their lovemaking.

It was just as he was about done that JD heard Josiah's car approach for the diesel engine had a very distinctive sound. He could hear the crunch of tires as the profiler's suburban came to rest in the driveway. JD could just see Josiah stepping out of his vehicle in those tight jeans that molded themselves to the profiler's ass and the light blue t-shirt that matched his eyes and made the muscles in his arms and chest stand out. Clothing the big man favored on the weekends. From out of no where, JD felt himself blushing as his stomach tightened in a similar to what] way as he continued to imagine what was under those form fitting clothes. JD hoped that Josiah would think that no one was here and just leave but his wish was denied when a deep voiced asked, "JD?" A voice that went straight to his groin and made his hands shake as he continued to brush Jumper. Taking a deep breath he turned, trying to project his normal, everyday expression while looking at the older man right at his chin. "Josiah, what are you doing here?"

Josiah was glad that he had run into the younger man for he had noticed that JD seemed to have been distracted ever since the Sterling case and it had him worried. At least the young man had
taken the first step by coming out here to talk to Buck but it looked like the place was deserted. Hoping that he might be able to help JD, he stepped into the barn and moved towards his own horse. Reaching into his pocket he extracted the sugar cubes he normally kept for her and gave her the treat. "Well, I came to see Patience here and to maybe take a swim."

Josiah turned to look at JD when he heard the young man gasp and drop something. JD was facing away from him but even in the dim light he could see that the young man was blushing a deep red. "You … you might not want to go out there Josiah. They're … It's a mess and not fit for swimming."

Josiah turned so that the young man couldn't see his grin for he had figured out a while ago what was really going on with the four men. And by JD's blushing appearance he made an educated guess as to what was really going on out at the pond.

The profiler had observed the dance that what was going on between the four men and he watched as first Chris and Buck included Ezra in their relationship while Vin viewed from the sidelines. He was about to interfere when the tension between the three men and Vin suddenly
disappeared, leaving them all glowing with love and happiness. Josiah was glad that the four men had solved whatever it was that kept them apart. Being raised by missionary parents, he had
witnessed many different relationships and even though his parents were shocked by some of them he had learned to accept them as being right for the people he was observing. That didn't mean he wanted something like that himself but he couldn't fault his friends for finding love the way they had.

Josiah watched JD out of the side corner of his eye, observing his young friend's nervous behavior and determined that the young man was having a hard time accepting the foursome's relationship. "JD. You know that if you need to talk about anything I'm here for you."

JD stood there and half-heartedly continued to brush Jumper as he thought over Josiah's offer; he was going to take the older man up on it. "Josiah, how —." But he miscalculated when he looked up and took in the sight of Josiah surrounded by the sunlight almost as if he was a gift from God. JD's mouth was suddenly dry for he found himself wanting Josiah as he had never wanted anything or anyone before in his life and he panicked. He had to get away from the other man before he did something to make Josiah hate him.

Josiah looked up when JD stopped and noticed that the younger man was hurriedly putting away the brushes as if something was driving him to leave. Worried, he stepped into JD's path as the young man headed to the barn door.

JD dodged around him, trying to get away from the thoughts that he suddenly had for Josiah. He thought he had gotten away but was stopped when Josiah's large hand grabbed his arm. JD could not look, afraid of what his friend might see in his face. He pleaded, "Josiah, let go. Please –"

Josiah tightened his hand around the young man's arm, hoping to prevent JD from running away. "JD. Please talk to me. I'm worried about you."

"Please, Josiah. I don't want to talk about it. I … I can figure it out on my own."

Josiah yanked JD around to face him, but the young man refused to look up at him. "JD. I have been watching you wrestle with this … whatever this is and you are not getting anywhere. Please."

"Josiah … I'm … I'm just confused. I'm having feelings that … everything is just coming apart and I don't know what to do."

Sighing, Josiah looked around and saw the little stack of hay bails next to one of the empty stalls. Guiding JD over to it, he made the young man sit down. "JD. Is this about the kisses you shared with Buck and Chris or what you saw out at the swimming hole?" The younger man refused to look up at Josiah but he did nod. Kneeling down, Josiah cupped JD's chin to make the young agent look up at him. "JD, is it the kisses that have been bothering you?" A slight nod was his only answer and with a heavy heart Josiah asked, "Do you think that you might be in love with Buck or Chris?"

JD looked up, startled. Then a snicker slipped out. "No … no that's not it." Talking taking his courage in his hands, JD told the older man, "No, it's nothing like that. Casey and I. Well, we're going through some rough times … and I started to have feelings … thoughts about … desires for … men. I just don't know what to do."

Taking a breath, Josiah sat down beside the man he had loved for over a year. Looking at his folded hands he said, "Look, JD, you're a young man. The feelings you are experiencing aren't that unusual and there is nothing wrong with exploring them. Just use your head and be careful. As for you and Casey maybe you two should talk and find out what is the best for you both. It could mean that it's time for each of you to see other people or you might be able to work things
out. You just need to talk."

"Yeah. I think you're right, Josiah. I have to talk to Casey. It's only fair to both of us. I just wish that nothing would change, that everything would just stay the same."

"But that's not possible, JD. Change happens with or without you and you have to accept it. Just talk to Casey before doing anything else."

The two men fell silent in the fading sunlight of the barn, just content being with each other. It was

when JD looked down at his watch, that he noticed the time. He would only have about an hour before his date with Casey. Sighing with regret, JD stood up and told the profiler, "Thanks, Josiah. I have to go. Casey is waiting for me. I might … I would like if we could talk again sometime. If … If you don't mind."

Josiah looked up into JD's brown eyes and both men froze as they became lost in each other's gazes.

It almost seemed like a dream to JD with the way the dust – filled light fell across the strong features of the profiler, making the older man glow. Unable to help himself, JD stepped closer to Josiah who leaned back against the stall to continue to look up at the younger man.

Josiah knew he had to say something – anything – to prevent the younger man from making a mistake. "JD?"

JD placed his fingers against the other man's lips to shush the questions that he saw in the other man's eyes. Removing his fingers from Josiah's lips, JD leaned down and softly kissed the other man. Needing more contact than what this position allowed, JD straddled Josiah's lap forcing the other man's body into the stall walls, which allowed him to deepen the kiss.

Josiah couldn't believe that the young man he had been fantasizing about was kissing him with such tenderness. Not wanting to force JD into something he wasn't ready for or worse scaring him, the younger man he held himself in check, allowing the young computer expert to set the pace. The profiler found it so hard not to simply ravish the young man in his arms. But when JD started to deepen the kiss and roll his hips against the profiler's that was the last straw. Growling, Josiah wrapped his arms around the young body before him and pulled JD firmly against him while he thrust up against the younger man's tempting ass.

The two men got caught up in the moment and all rational though disappeared only the savage hunger remained as they pulled off shirts and undid pants so that bare flesh could touch. Groans and gasps could be heard coming from both men as they moved against each other's body. Josiah bent the younger man backwards so that he could feast on the pale pink nipples on JD's chest while the younger man hung onto the profiler's neck for balance. Their breaths became shorter and shorter while JD's started to mew and whimper as his older and more experienced lover showed him what pleasure truly was.

JD thought he had died and gone to heaven as he latched his hands into Josiah's curly hair, holding the other man against him. These were the hands that tormented him for the past month. These were the lips that worshiped him and loved him. This is what he had been searching for and he gasped Josiah's name as he climaxed.

To Josiah, this was the most perfect moment in his entire life and he wanted to show JD how much he loved him. So the profiler used every bit of the knowledge he had gain to worship and love the younger man. To show JD that he was not only loved but was also desirable. When Josiah felt JD's body tensing and heard the way his lover whispered his name during his climax, he was pushed over into his own climax. Once Josiah came back down he was not able to stop himself from capturing JD's face between his hands so that he could kiss every square inch and whisper words of love.

JD couldn't believe what had happened, how the dream came to life. The knowledge that it was Josiah that he had been dreaming about shocked him. Then, as he heard the words of love from the other man, he realized just what had happen. He cheated on Casey and not with another woman but with a man.

A man that he was attracted to and wanted far more than he wanted Casey. A man that was telling him that he loved him. A wonderful man that he might love in return.

JD started to pull back, knowing that he had just made things worse for he had involved Josiah in this mess and it wasn't fair to the other man. It wasn't fair to Casey either and he needed to make a decision. But he couldn't do it here. Not when all he wanted to do was stay right here in Josiah's arms.

All Josiah knew was that suddenly JD pulled away from him and made a dash to the door. Quickly he scrambled after the young man and called out. "JD!"

Neither man saw the four men returning but they saw JD running out the barn half- dressed followed by an equally undressed Josiah yelling the younger man's name.

Rage flashed into both Chris and Buck as they thought the profiler had attacked their youngest. Chris snarled, "What the hell –" as he prepared to ride to JD's defense.

Buck saw red as he took in the scene and growled out, "I`ll kill that bastard!"

Vin and Ezra sensed that there was more going on than what appeared to be and grabbed the other men's reins, stopping them from tearing off to rescue JD and punish Josiah. Ezra held onto Chris's arm as he blocked the other man's view. "Chris. Buck. Don't. it's not what it seems. You know Josiah. He wouldn't hurt JD."

Vin leaned in to caress Buck's face. "Trust Ezra, Buck. I think … no, I know that Josiah loves JD and wouldn't do anything to hurt him."

Chris and Buck relaxed as they read the truth in their lovers' eyes but stood on guard just in case they were wrong. All four men sat and observed as JD turned and went back to the older man. Gently their youngest lovingly caressed Josiah's face with his hand. They saw JD say something but were too far away to hear what was being said. But they did see the gentle kiss JD gave Josiah before getting in his car and leaving.

Both Buck and Chris relaxed as they realized whatever went on between the two other men was consensual. They quietly watched as JD drove away only to witness the older man's shoulder slump as he slid down the side of the barn as soon as the younger man's car disappeared around the bend in the driveway.

Ezra and Vin exchanged worried glances as they nudged their horses into a gallop to reach the distraught man. They slid off their horses when they were close enough to see the profiler's shoulders begin to shake. Kneeling beside the crying man Vin and Ezra wrapped their arms around their friend to offer what comfort they could.


The End