Title: Kitten Tales 1: Venus

Author: Susanne

Category: Humor Slash

Pairing: Ezra/Vin

Fandom: Magnificent Seven

Feedback:
battalia20@comcast.net

Author's Notes: this idea came to me from a challenge... I don't remember where I got it and it was a loong time til I finished it so it was from a great long time ago. :o) There is a sequel that is close to done and another sequel started...., like always though it could be a while. :o)

Summary: Vin and Ezra take time to be with each other. Oh and here is the challenge....: The story must involve the following items 1) Storm 2) Candles 3) cabin 4) A cat-


Kitten Tales 1: Venus
by Susanne

Ezra stood on the porch of the cabin watching the rain fall. Rain? It was as if the heavens had opened, a veritable deluge of water emptied over the parched landscape. Well the farmers and ranchers would be happy. He sighed. He wasn't happy though. He'd left town earlier in the day for a clandestine meeting with his lover. His lover had responsibilities to discharge before making his own way to the cabin Chris had loaned them for their rendevous. Ezra had been shocked at how well Chris had taken the revelation of his relationship with his best friend. He'd also been shocked at the offer of the cabin as a meeting place. It was much safer though. The good Christian folk of the town, wouldn't be understanding of the relationship. There wasn't much could happen to his standing in the eyes of those good Christian folk, but he didn't want Vin to face their censure, he didn't deserve that feeling, Ezra sighed and looked down at the cards he shuffled between his hands, no one did. He wondered if he shouldn't just blow out the candles and try and sleep. Vin no doubt would stay warm and dry at the Wells residence. Ezra didn't really want him to have to ride through the downpour, but he missed his lover terribly. He gave up staring out at the depressing landscape and went back inside to see if there was something he could do to occupy himself, perhaps a good cleaning to thank Mr. Larabee for the use of his cabin. He definitely wanted to be able to use the cabin the next time they could escape the town for a time.

Vin urged Peso carefully through the muddy wash. The horse wasn't happy to be out in the weather, he was gettin' down right spoilt by all the city livin' they'd been doin' lately. He was gettin' mighty spoilt himself. He grinned thinking of his lover waiting for him at Chris' cabin. Miss Nettie tried half heartedly to talk him into stayin' there til the rain quit, but if he had to wait out the rain he wanted to do it in company besides hers. Not that she wasn't almost like a second mother to him, but it'd been more than a week since he and his lover had been able to steal away a day for themselves. It had been a right pretty morning when he'd watched Ezra ride out of town. He'd had a few things he promised to do for Miss Nettie and then he'd be along. Sides, Ezra liked to clean the place up for them when they went to Chris' place. For some one who didn't do menial labor, he certainly insisted on doin' an awful lot of it at odd times. It had been a sticking point for them when they first started, til they'd had a talk, and he'd realized that Ez just needed to make things nice for him, though he'd tol' him he didn't need no fussin' over, but Ez had insisted. "Mister Tanner!" He'd said in the drawl that never failed to excite him, "You deserve a good fussin' over now and then." Then he'd kissed the fight right out of him.

A small movement in his jacket had him smiling again. Casey's cat had had kittens a while ago and one of them reminded him of his lover. Playful and adventurous, and the color of his gold tooth, with big green eyes like his lovers, full of mischief. Ezra would love her. He couldn't help giggling as the kitten wriggled inside his shirt. What could she have found to chase inside there. She finally settled near his belly button and began purring loudly.

The kitten curled up in as comfortable position as she could manage. She couldn't fathom why she'd been chased and captured. Why she was caught in this warm sack. But though she could smell the rain she was dry and warm and she decided sleep was the best course of action until her captor's made their move.

Vin's smile faded a bit as he noted the marker to Chris' land. What if Ezra found her too active. He'd liked her playfulness, but what if she disturbed Ezra's sleep. He couldn't imagine anyone not loving her, he'd been drawn to her right away, and Ezra loved children, kittens and children went hand in hand in his own mind. He'd had a fluffy kitten afore his momma had died, he was sure of it. But what if Ezra didn't like cats? What if he was 'lergic like Mrs. Potter. A deep thoughtful look settled firmly on his features as he rode up to Chris' cabin. Peso headed directly for the barn when Chaucer trumpeted a greeting at them from it's dry interior, but Vin steered him to the porch. He wanted to see Ez straight away. Least for a minute.

Ezra dropped the rag he'd been cleaning the hearth with when he heard Chaucer call from the barn. Vin must have come! No one else would brave the weather to come all the way out here!

"Please let it be Vin." He muttered to himself . But who else would it be? Mr. Larabee never came out to the cabin until they'd returned to town whenever he offered it to them. Said he didn't like surprises. Vin had blushed and Chris's grin had matched his own. He quickly put his clothes back in order, pulling the sleeves back to his wrists. He looked at his jacket and vest, but Vin would just pull them off soon and then he'd drop them in a heap on the floor. Not that he minded at the time, but he could save himself some laundering later to just fold them properly now. He heard Peso stomp up to the porch. No doubt he wanted to be in the barn to create mischief with Chaucer. For that matter why wasn't he in the barn. It wasn't like Vin to think of himself before his equine companion. Ezra began to worry, something must be wrong. He hurried out to the porch as Vin stepped out of the rain. His lover was hunched over reaching inside his shirt.

She woke with a start wet hands were grabbing at her, interrupting her purr. She latched onto the sack with all her kitten claws. She didn't want to be wet!

"Vin what's wrong? I'll go get Nathan. What happened?" He rushed to Vin's side and tried to find the injury.

"No Ez, I ain't hurt. I got somethin' here for ya and I didn't want it ta get wet, so I put it in my shirt and now it's stickin' to me."

"You got..." Ezra blinked. "You didn't have to get me anything."

"I know that Ez. Wouldn't be no fun if I had ta get it. Just saw it and thought of you." Vin looked up and smiled the smile that melted him. The one where his eyes twinkled, the love shining out of them. "Here." He finally freed the object and held it out in his hand.

The insecure thoughts from moments ago hit Vin full force as Ezra stared at the kitten in his hand unmoving. Shock clear on his face.

"It's okay if'n ya don't..." He started to pull the kitten back to his chest.

"No!" Ezra reached out and took the kitten carefully from Vin's palm. "It's a kitten." There was a child like joy on the normally stoic gambler's face. His voice was full of wonder. "It's a kitten."

Vin couldn't help but grin at him.

"It's for me?" The disbelief in his lovers voice made Vin a bit sad.

If'n you like her."

"She's beautiful!" He pulled the kitten close to his chest and began to stroke her head with a gentle finger. "What's her name?" He asked his voice full of awe.

"You ain't gave her one yet."

"I... Venus." The kitten purred at the name and began to lick his fingers with her rough kitten tongue. "I think she likes it." He laughed. And Vin fell in love with him all over again.

"Glad you like her." He said and began to back off the porch.

"Wait." Ezra reached out toward him. "I... Thank you."

"Weren't nothin' Ez. I was happy to pick her out for ya." He ducked his head and began to back off the porch once more. "I better go put this ornery cuss into the barn for he melts. It's like he thinks he's made a sugar or something. Gettin' all spoilt and citified." Ezra laughed again.

"We couldn't have that now could we?"

"Well, maybe we could." Vin said with a grin and took the horse to the barn. Somehow it didn't seem so bad bein' in town all the time. Long as Ezra was there. He wiped down the disgruntled Peso and put him into a stall one down from Chaucer. Didn't want him takin' a hunk outta that pretty chestnut hide, just cause he's in a bad mood from bein' all wet. And Chaucer would let him out of his stall once he was in a better mood. He was about to head back to the house when he looked down at the hide coat that dripped water onto the barn floor. Ezra would have a fit if he dripped water over his floors. Man was bad as Miss Nettie some days. He smiled and took off the coat and hung it on a nail next to Peso's bridle. He looked down at the rest of the clothes he wore. In this down pour, he'd be dripping when he got to the house from the barn. And it wasn't like he'd be wearin' much soon as he hit the house anyway. If things went according to plan. Vin couldn't keep the grin off his face as he hung his clothes over the edge of an unused stall and then made his way back to the house. Rain was warm and felt good sliding over his body as he made his way to the house. Only one thing would feel better and hopefully he'd be feelin' that real soon.

Ezra looked up from the kitten he stroked when he heard a small noise in the yard. He gasped at the sight that greeted him. There was no more beautiful site on earth than Vin Tanner naked, and there he was walking towards the house rain slicking over his perfect body. Ezra didn't realize he'd stooped to put the kitten on the porch or that he'd walked into the rain. He only knew that he had his lover wrapped in his arms one arm firmly around the narrow hips, the other about broad shoulders, his hand tangled in Vin's hair, holding him in place while he kissed him until he was breathless.

Venus watched them raptly flicking her tail in confusion. Why were these humans standing in the rain? Well at least she was dry. She settled to watch and wait. She'd figure these particular humans out eventually.

Vin's own hands weren't idle. Reaching up under his shirt caressing his back, slipping beneath his waist band bringing a needy moan from his normally controlled lover. Even that wasn't enough contact, and he leaned away from his lover without breaking the kiss. He brought his hands to Ezra's chest and began to undo the tiny mother of pearl buttons. He considered ripping the shirt off his lover but this was Ezra's favorite shirt, he'd be miffed if it were ruined. He settled for opening the shirt and allowing his hands to roam freely over the sculpted chest. He let his hands wander lower to undo the belt that held up the fancy pinstriped trousers. Ezra tore his mouth away and screamed as Vin's rain chilled hands caressed his heated flesh. Ezra let him caress him for a minute and pulled Vin's arms up to his shoulders. Then Vin found himself lifted off the ground, his groin pressed into Ezra's, as Ezra's hands cradled his bottom, holding him easily. Vin shivered, the open display of his lover's strength never failed to excite him. He wrapped his legs around Ezra's waist and let his fingers run through the short chestnut curls as he kissed his lover deeply, moaning as gentle fingers ghosted over the entrance to his body. He wriggled trying to get the fingers to breach his opening. He broke the kiss in frustration.

"Want'cha Ez. Want'cha real bad."

"Why then Mr. Tanner. Bad I shall be." Ezra drawled and took a sensitive ear lobe between his teeth. Vin found himself howling and grinding his groin against Ezra's.

"Oh God Ez! Now! Take me Now!"

"All in good time, Vin. All in good time." Ezra ground out and turned and walked up to the cabin carrying Vin easily. The friction causing both of them to shudder.

Venus lept back as the strange creature came out of the rain. It smelled human still, but looked like no human she'd ever seen. She scampered after it into the house. It made strange noises and banged into the furniture. She ran under the table and curled up to watch. It collapsed onto the wide bed and began to throw off great pieces of it's hide. She laid her ears back and whipped her tail in annoyance as wetness was splashed in her direction.

Vin flung Ezra's shirt on to the floor and ran his hands over the chiseled body lying atop him. He'd never get enough of the feel of his lover's body writhing atop his. He worked his hands under the waist band of Ezra's pants and kneaded the smooth skin he found there. Ezra moaned in appreciation and kicked his boots onto the floor, followed in short order by his pants.

Venus watched the creature closely. It smelled like the new humans she'd met, but it was like they'd meshed into one being. A being that groaned and cried out, shook the bed hard while it panted heavily. She growled when it screamed, but it then relaxed and after a moment of undulating and what could only be purring, though it was the oddest sound she'd ever heard, the creature stilled and she stood, stretched and minced around the sopping mess on the floor and lept lightly onto the bed. She smelled the creature. It looked up close like it was still two beings. She curled up near the heads and began her purr. She'd wait to see what this new day brought.

end