ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES MAC A DULL BOY

By Meg Bruck

PAIRINGS: MacGyver/Murdoc

RATED: R

SUMMARY: MacGyver falls into Murdoc's hands

EMAIL: MacSlash@aol.com

DISCLAIMERS: MacGyver and characters aren't mine, damn it! I'll put them back ... in a decade or two.

AUTHORS NOTE: Maybe to be continued at a much later date

ARCHIVE: Share with anyone as long as my name's on it.

 

All Work And No Play Makes Mac A Dull Boy

By Meg Bruck

"The Death of MacGyver: scene one. Action!" Murdoc smiled into the camera before focusing his attention on his neatly trapped mouse. "So, MacGyver, why don't you tell us how you really feel knowing that you're about to die."

The troubleshooter glanced anxiously at the taut string and burning candle, and then stared into the recording video camera, looking as panicked as a small rabbit in a hungry fox's lair.

"Well, would you like to share that with us?" Murdoc taunted.

MacGyver obviously did not appreciate the killer's attempts to bring some levity to the situation. Not that that would ever deter him. "C'mon, MacGyver, speak up!"

Murdoc paused, generously allowing ample time for his captive to plead for mercy. MacGyver only pulled helplessly, futilely, at his restraints. "What, are you camera-shy, MacGyver?"

The only reply was the soft chink of the cuffs holding MacGyver fast to his chair.

"Admit it!" Murdoc clapped his hands in sheer delight. "I've won, haven't I?"

One thread of the string holding the bow in place snapped.

"All right!" Mac's voice was hoarse with desperation. "You got me! You satisfied?"

"Yes, I think I may be. You know, you don't know how long I've waited for you to say this."

The killer was practically bursting with exultation as he watched the threads break one by one. He hit the control to release MacGyver at the last possible moment.

The arrow missed its target by the proverbial hair's breadth.

"Murdoc!" Mac screamed furiously from where he'd landed on the floor. "Still playing your sick games!"

"Of course, my darling. I have to keep you interested somehow."

"What?"

With provocative grace, the assassin sauntered over to MacGyver, whose expression had gone from outraged to blankly bewildered. Smiling down into those wide brown eyes, Murdoc held out his hand and waited.

Finally, Mac took the offered hand and allowed his enemy to help him to his feet.

"So, MacGyver," Murdoc turned to the armchair and plucked the bronze arrow from the stuffing "Why don't you sit down and have something to eat?"

In response to the troubleshooter's dubious glance, Murdoc held the arrow to his lips and licked the ostensibly poisoned tip. "Sugar and water," he explained casually. "Delicious."

MacGyver shook his head, though he couldn't quite suppress a reluctant smile.

Warily, gingerly, he sat down as requested, folding his hands in his lap. "So what's this all about, Murdoc?"

"You saved my life; I arranged this to pay off the debt." The assassin stood in front of him, leaning heavily on the arms of the large chair. Nose to nose with his adversary, he whispered, "We're even."

"Even?" Mac echoed shakily.

Murdoc's tongue darted out to lick the troubleshooter's lower lip. MacGyver's breath caught in a gasp, and the killer laughed as Mac tried to wriggle out of the chair.

"Going somewhere?"

"I - uh, well … oh … n-no. I guess not." Murdoc had slipped onto MacGyver's lap and was now nibbling gently on his right ear.

"I didn't think so." The killer kissed his nemesis full on the lips.

With a low moan, Mac opened his mouth and proceeded to suck the assassin's tongue, scraping it gently with his teeth, sending shivers down Murdoc's back. Murdoc squirmed lasciviously on his perch and tore at Mac's shirt, desperate to get at what lay underneath.

Finally he freed the blue fabric from Mac's pants and pulled it over the man's head in one violent motion. He paused to offer his companion a wicked smile, and then ran his palms in rough circles over the now-bare chest. "Oh, MacGyver, you don't know how long I've waited to do this!"

Mac licked his lips, his breathing ragged, his eyes no longer quite focused. "So have I!"

With a throaty purr, the assassin renewed his assault on that tempting mouth, pulling away a moment later, just far enough to speak. "Now I can hunt you with a clear conscience, MacGyver." Murdoc nipped at the troubleshooter's neck. "But be warned - you're a target." One hand had snaked into Mac's trousers to tug on the thick, pulsing erection. "And I don't intend to miss."

They kissed as passionately as they so often fought, while Murdoc pumped Mac to breathless completion. MacGyver came with a groan and melted into his chair in a boneless and satiated heap.

Almost wistfully, the assassin sighed, regarding his prey with momentary regret, wishing he had more time to take care of his own desire. But there would be time enough for that later.

For now….

Murdoc drew the gun from his shoulder holster as he rose to his feet. Laughing at Mac's dazed expression, he blew his lover a kiss, and disappeared into the night.

Recovering his senses in a rush, MacGyver leaped for the door, but a gunshot broke the silence and sent him diving for cover.

Out of the darkness came a mocking call. "Keep your head down, MacGyver!"

Good advice, Mac realized shakily. Too bad it came far too late.

-30-