Title: You're What I Want for Christmas

Author/pseudonym: Tinnean

Fandom: Love and Human Remains

Pairing: David/Kane

Rating: NC-17

Email address: Tinneantoo@aol.com

Disclaimer: Brad Fraser still owns them. I still play with them. Merry Christmas, Brad.

Status: new/complete

Date: 12/01

Series/Sequel: no

Other Web Site: http://www.angelfire.com/ny4/tinsel and
http://www.angelfire.com/fl5/tinnssinns

Archive: OK, I surrender. Yes to all the list archives. (I'm so easy!)

Summary: David and Kane will be celebrating their first Christmas in their new home. There are traditions of their own to start, and the problem of selecting the perfect gift.

Warnings: m/m

Notes: This is in answer to Peja's Holiday Challenge. This is for Silk, and the light at the end of the tunnel. And for Gail, who offered major help with eggnog and presents, and is a wonderful beta.


You're What I Want for Christmas
Holiday Challenge
by Tinnean


Kane staggered down the staircase that led from the attic. He had a stack of boxes in his arms. They contained the Christmas decorations that he and his lover had been able to salvage. He and David had found all the ornaments he had collected over the years tucked away under the eaves.

He peered around the boxes carefully. It wouldn't do to take a tumble down the stairs and spend this Christmas in the hospital with a broken leg.

As he got to the ground level, he heard a pounding on the front door, which sounded as if someone was kicking it. Kane set the boxes aside and flung it open. Greenery greeted him, the scent of balsam wafting in on the cold winter air. "Ding, dong, Birnham Wood calling?" he laughed.

"Cute! Watch out, baby. This thing is heavy! And the pine needles are sticking me in delicate places!"

"I have the tree stand set up just off the pool."

The area was glass enclosed, permitting them to enjoy the view of their snow-covered back yard. Kane had selected it as the ideal spot for their first Christmas tree. He had stenciled the glass walls with candy canes, holly branches and tiny reindeer.

"Whose brilliant idea was it to get a live tree this year?" the older man huffed as he struggled with the large Christmas tree.

"Um...it was yours, David." As his lover slid the trunk of the tree into the stand, Kane opened a box containing a tangled string of lights and began a careful search for the two ends.

David groaned as he headed for the mudroom, which was just off the kitchen. All their gardening supplies were kept there. He would need to fill a watering can with water for the tree. "Well, the next time I come up with a half-baked idea like this, kick me in the ass!"

"Okay," Kane agreed cheerily, "but I'd much rather bite it!" He was humming You're My Christmas Present softly, and didn't realize that David was watching him from the doorway.

The actor had a familiar sensation in his chest and belly, something that zinged through him every time he looked at Kane. It had taken him a while to recognize what that ache was; he had never felt it for another living being.

He loved the young man who was decorating their tree.

Meanwhile, Kane had dragged a stepladder closer to the tree. The string of lights was dangling from his fist as he selected the ideal branch from which to start it. He was up and down the ladder, circling the tree, and David smiled with quiet happiness, to see his lover's joy in the holiday.

Finally satisfied with the position of the lights, which would twinkle in sequence, Kane next searched for the tinsel garlands, shimmery ropes of silver and red and gold.

David shook himself out of his reverie. He made sure there was enough water in the stand, and then opened the boxes that contained the ornaments of Kane's childhood, such as it had been.

He held up a large silver disk, which would hang from an emerald green bit of ribbon. Obviously too big to be a genuine gaming token, David dangled it from his fingers. "What's this doing in here, baby?"

Kane glanced at it as he finished with the last of the garlands. "Monte Carlo, when I was five. We stayed at the Hotel Hermitage. That was the only Christmas we were ever together as a family. Father spent his time at the casinos, and Mother spent her time on the beach."

"And you, baby?"

"The hotel personnel were very nice to me."

David turned away to conceal his darkening expression. It never failed to amaze him, the disregard in which his lover's parents had held him. "So they gave you a cheap piece of tin to make up for it?"

"That's not tin," Kane told him casually as he poked through the boxes.

The actor gulped. "It's real?"

Kane looked puzzled. "Of course. My parents were never frugal when it came to material things." He found a pair of Hummel candle holders and set the cherubs aside to be placed on the mantle later. "Did we ever get the bayberry candles? I love the scent of bayberry!"

"What's this?" David held up what looked like a tiny treasure chest. The panels were red velvet and the bands were solid gold. The latch was held with a miniature, jeweled lock.

Kane took it with reverent fingers and opened it gently. "This is the Angel Gabrielle."

"Um, Gabriel, baby?"

"*Gabrielle*!" From her bed of ermine, Kane took a figure that was clothed in a gown of pure silk and precious stones. From her back rose a pair of gossamer wings. Carefully he climbed the stepladder and placed her at the top of the tree. "Isn't she perfect?" he breathed.

"Yes," David answered, but he was looking at Kane.

****

It was Christmas Eve.

The younger man was in the kitchen, trying out a recipe for eggnog coffee, which had been suggested by a good friend. Kane had spent fifteen minutes beating the heavy cream, carefully adding sugar that would stabilize it, until the white mixture had been beaten to a froth. He flexed his stiff fingers, and then he poured the coffee over the eggnog, added a huge dollop of the whipped cream, and sprinkled it with nutmeg.

Kane wasn't sure how David would react to the gift he had selected for him. He hitched up the flannel pajama bottoms, not wanting them to slip just yet. Later, he would let them fall, and perhaps David would make love to him over the couch again.

It had taken Kane a while to find someone who could do exactly what he wanted. In the end, his friend Mike had pointed him in the right direction.

"Listen, Butch," he'd said. "You don't want to do anything permanent right now!" Mike had held his hand up to forestall Kane's protests. "I know you love David, and David loves you. But he might not be too happy with having 'Property of David McMillan' tattooed on your butt."

"I could get the tattoo on my bicep."

"*No*!"

"On my calf?"

Mike just gave him a look, and reluctantly, Kane had conceded. The tattoo would be a temporary one in henna, which would only last a month or so. He would show it to David later.

Taking a deep breath, Kane carried the eggnog coffee into the living room.

David watched the logs in the fireplace. The flames that snapped and crackled, and the candles on the mantle were the only source of light. He chewed his lip nervously, wondering if he had made the right decision in Kane's gift.

Of course there were the traditional gifts of clothes and toys, as well as the ornament he had commissioned to be created especially for their tree, and which was hidden in the branches. Kane would find it when it came time to take the tree down.

Modeled on a photo of the two of them that had been snapped at one of David's opening nights, it was a spun glass depiction of the two men. Kane's head was tipped back as he laughed into his lover's face, and David was smiling down at him. It had been worth every bit of its creator's exorbitant fee.

But in the box next to him on the sofa was the gift that David was most unsure of. Its contents, a tattered, ratty sweater, had taken him the better part of a year to find, and he'd had to call in a lot of favors.

As Kane entered with the eggnog coffee, David looked up and smiled. He reached out to take his lover's offering, and sniffed. "This smells...highly alcoholic!" He drew in another breath of the steam that rose from his mug and cocked his brow at Kane.

"Well, the recipe said one to three tablespoons each of rum and brandy, so I thought doubling it couldn't hurt."

David groaned, and took a cautious sip. "Potent! Um, I'll finish this later, okay, baby? Why don't we start our own tradition: we open one gift now, and the rest tomorrow morning?"

"O--okay." The moment of truth had arrived, but Kane suddenly found he couldn't do it. "You go first, David!"

The older man swallowed and reached for the box. The wrapping paper showed Bugs Bunny as a Santa, as a reindeer, as a caroler, as Bob Cratchit.

Kane accepted it with tender hands. "Oh, David! I love it!"

"Baby, you haven't even opened it yet!"

"Yes, but the paper! I love Bugs Bunny!" Carefully he loosened the tape that fastened the edges and slid the box out.

"Listen, baby, maybe you ought to open one of the other presents I got you. There's a new game for PlayStation..."

It was too late. Kane had flipped off the top of the box and parted the tissue paper. "Oh!" His face lost all color, and he stared down at the old sweater. David felt as if he had made one of the biggest errors in his life.

"Listen, Kane, this was a stupid idea. I'm sorry. I really got you much better..."

Kane hugged the sweater to his chest and raised his chocolate brown eyes. David was aghast to see them awash with tears.

"There is nothing better!" And then Kane smiled. "Oh, David, the sweater you wore as Toby on The Beavertons!"

"You recognize it?" David found himself with an armful of lover.

"Did you doubt I would?" Kane peppered his lover's face with butterfly kisses.

"You...like it then." David was starting to feel decidedly smug. Kane was crawling all over him, and the older man became aroused. "Why don't we...take this upstairs?"

"Why don't we...do this right here?" Kane reached between the cushions of the couch and pulled out a tube of lubricant, waggling it between his fingers. He folded the sweater and set it aside.

"How could I say no to an offer like that?" David snatched one more kiss, stood up and began removing his clothes.

Kane simply hooked his thumbs in the waistband of his bottoms and levered them off his hips. He turned his back, and let them slide gracefully to the floor.

"Ummm!" David grinned, his eyes on Kane's ass. Then he drew Kane into his arms and ran his palm over the smooth skin of his lover's backside, his cock nudging the younger man's as he walked him around to the back of the couch. "Get comfortable, baby. We're gonna ride!"

"Yes!" Kane breathed, trying not to rub his arousal against the couch. He wanted this to last for a long time.

Cool lubricant coated the fingers David inserted into him one by one, but it heated rapidly. Kane was gently stretched and loosened, his prostate stimulated. The sensitive skin behind his balls was teased by his lover's fingertips, and Kane spread his legs wider.

The fingers were removed and the blunt head of David's cock began to press steadily against the ring of muscle, demanding admittance. Once into Kane's snug channel, David forced himself to hold still, determined to torment them both.

With an impatient whine, the younger man tightened his inner muscles and thrust back, taking in David's entire length. The actor reached around to fondle Kane's flat nipples, pinching them to pebble hardness. He rocked repeatedly into his lover, driving him higher and higher, but stopping just short of the summit.

"David!"

"I'm here, baby." David squeezed the base of his cock and fought back his orgasm, then did the same to Kane. He slid his arms around the younger man's chest and straightened him, curling one of Kane's arms around his neck. He tipped Kane's head back.

Kane's lips were parted, and he was breathing harshly. David licked those lush lips and then seized his lover's mouth, feasting on it, thrusting his tongue past the barrier of lips and teeth, mimicking the movements of his lower body.

David bent his legs slightly and increased the speed of his strokes. His fingers had encircled Kane's cock and he was jerking him off in counterpoint. With a cry, Kane came, filling David's hand with hot liquid. The older man pressed him forward. One deep thrust, and another, and he was there, coming hard.


****

David settled himself on the couch. It was Kane's turn to get the warm cloth to clean them up.

As the younger man crossed the room to the powder room, the light from the candles above the fireplace illuminated his taut buttocks. David grinned lazily. His lover did have a fine ass.

And tattooed across one cheek, Kane's Christmas gift to the actor, were the words 'Born to be...David's.'


~End~