Title: Starry, Starry Nights

Author/pseudonym: Tinnean

Fandom: Love and Human Remains

Pairing: David/Kane

Rating: NC-17

Email address: Tinneantoo@aol.com

Disclaimer: They belong, first and foremost to Brad Fraser. I'm just borrowing them.

Status: New/complete

Date: 3/2001

Series/Sequel: This can join the other answers to challenges.

Archive: If I sent it to you, please feel free to archive.

Other website: http://www.angelfire.com/ny4/tinsel/

Summary: Kane is left behind when a desert tribe attacks the camp. But not for long.

Warnings: m/m

Notes: This is in response to Peja's sheik/harem challenge. Thanks go to Gail for getting this formatted for me. And to Silk who thought it was a good idea. I read somewhere that Ferengi was a term used to describe European men.


Starry, Starry Nights
Sheik/Harem Challenge
by Tinnean


It was hot. It was hotter than hot. Most of the Ferengi men working this site in the desert were enervated by the endless heat of the day, and the contrasting frigid night air, and complained unceasingly.

Kane loved it. He had read, in England's rainy clime, of this land, and had dreamed of living here. And now, finally, his father deemed him old enough to be a part of this latest expedition.

Here not more than a month, he reveled in the kiss of the sun against his skin. He relished the wind filtering through his hair. He was constantly forgetting to wear his hat, and that brought out golden highlights in the sun-streaked brown mass.

His friend David, who was a native of these lands, had presented him with an Arabian stallion earlier that morning, and Kane had taken great pleasure in riding the swift beast over the sand dunes that surrounded their tiny oasis.

The young man had ridden many horses, over many varied terrains, but this time something odd had happened. This time, as Ghazal took a stride, Kane's lower body would sink to meet it, and a voluptuous sensation would shiver through his balls. He rode for much longer than he had planned to, and the result was the gallant animal was close to exhaustion.

Kane spent the remainder of the morning caring for his horse, wringing soaking cloths over his neck and legs, making sure he hadn't injured this treasured animal. David had told him, "This is a gift from my heart, little one. Care for him well, and he will never fail you. As I will never fail you!"

"*Kane*! Goddammit, boy, where are you?" Kane's father, who managed the expedition, shouted irascibly. Word had just reached him that the head of the Bedouins was livid with their encroachment into his territory.

And here was this disappointment of a son, playing with a flea bitten nag when his time would have been better spent currying favor with the nobleman who was filling their coffers with his gold. He had seen the way the old man had eyed his son and licked his lips. It was too late now for his dreams of feathering his nest on his son's virtue. "Forget that filthy beast and pack immediately! We must leave at once!"

The young man paled under his tan. His father was a man of uncertain temper, and he backed away from the larger man. "Yes, Father."

He hurried to where he spent his nights and threw his few belongings into a canvas carryall. The natives who saw to his well-being were already taking down the heavy walls of his dwelling. They laughed behind his father's back, for using such a Ferengi tent, when the silks and linens they favored were much better suited to their climate.

Kane rushed to where his father waited impatiently, beating the side of his jodhpurs with his crop. "Just let me get Ghazal and I'll be ready, Father!"

"No! There's no time! Get up on the camel!"

Kane dropped his bag and crossed his arms over his chest, his mouth taking a mulish twist. "Ghazal is *mine*! David gave him to me! I *won't* leave him!"

"That miserable half-breed!" The older man's eyes flickered, and before Kane realized what was happening, one of the American bullyboys who worked as bodyguards had grabbed him around the waist and tossed him up between the camel's twin humps. He gave the beast a hard slap to the flank, and she moaned in protest and rocked to her feet.

"*No*!" Kane wailed. His camel's reins were ripped out of his grasp, and he couldn't stop her. Tear drenched eyes looked back on the camp, and the stallion that stood patiently amidst its remains.

With an agility available only to the youthful, he swept his leg up and over the shorter hump and slid to the sand, burying his head in his arms to protect himself from the animals whose dignified pace earned them the name 'ship of the desert'.

And then he was up and running back to the camp.


A shout alerted his father to his outrageous behavior, but before he could issue orders to have his son retrieved, a wild ululation reverberated through the shimmering desert air. A troop of wild Bedouins seemed to flow over the dunes, their robes of white fluttering behind them like the wings of birds of prey.

The foreigners broke and scattered, fading away into the distance.

Kane was left behind to deal with the results of his action. He remembered what his friend David had told him of the fierce desert tribes. He had listened with rapt gaze as the handsome youth told him of their devotion to their people, and their enduring love for their horses.

He was positive these warriors would slice his throat and steal his horse.

If that was his fate, then he would show them how an Englishman died. He drew himself up to his full height, which albeit was not above average, and he slid his arm over Ghazal's sturdy neck, trying to draw on his courage.

The leader of the troop brought his steed to a sharp halt, kicking up sand. Kane turned his head and coughed.

"So, my men, the little Ferengi thinks to be worthy of such an animal. Take the stallion to our camp!"

"No!" Kane said. He was frightened, but he would not let them see it. "Ghazal is the gift of my friend, and I will not let you take him! Not while I am alive!"

"You can be dead very easily, little one!" The leader's eyes glowed, but Kane was too distressed to decipher the heat in them.

He swallowed hard. "This is true, Lord. But I will not debase such a gift by relinquishing him meekly!"

Laughter drifted toward Kane but it was not cruel. "It would seem he is worthy, Jamal!"

The chestnut stallion the leader sat pawed the sands restlessly and snorted. The robed man seemed to come to a decision. "Very well, we will take this Ferengi with us, and make him one of our people!"

Kane's mouth gaped open. He could not believe his fondest wish was about to come true. With a restrained gesture, the leader sent his men pouring back over the dunes from which they had come, their shouts of joy bringing a smile to Kane's lush lips, although he could not understand their pleasure.

Jamal threw his leg over his mount's neck and slid elegantly down to the ground in front of Kane. He took a step closer, and Kane felt his cock suddenly become hard. He had never had a reaction like that before. Except when he was near his friend David.

The young man looked up into the dark, midnight depths of the other's eyes. "Who...who are you?" he whispered.

The man before him lowered the cloth shielding his lower face and threw back his head covering. "David! What...? I don't understand! What have you done? And why did those men call you Jamal?"

"All in good time, little one. But first, will you come with me?" David/Jamal waited with his heart in his throat, prepared to beg and plead with his pretty friend.

Kane turned away and David felt his heart sink. "I wanted you to come to me willingly..."

The younger man was gathering up Ghazal's trappings. "How could you doubt it, David? Or should I call you Jamal?"

"I would prefer it if you called me...*love*!"

Kane dropped the saddle and blanket to the sand and leaped at his friend. Reflexively, David caught him in his arms. He dipped his head down and gazed raptly at the mouth that had been driving him wild for weeks. Gently he settled his lips on Kane's. He was determined to go slowly, knowing his lover was inexperienced in the ways of a man with a man.

But the youth was having none of it, and before David realized what was happening, Kane had lured him into one of the few dwellings that remained standing. As if by magic, clothing disappeared, leaving pale limbs to glisten in the subdued lighting of the tent. With a moan, David was on Kane, hands touching, stroking, kneading, leaving both men in a fever of lust.

"Love me, David. Oh, please love me!"

"For all of my life, little one!" Carefully David prepared the body of his lover, sliding his slicked fingers past the tight ring of muscle guarding Kane's opening, finding and sparking the spot that made him writhe with desperate need. Laying his length along that of his lover, David positioned the broad head of his cock and began to push his way in, one excruciating centimeter at a time.

"David!"

"Breathe deeply, little one. I promise I won't hurt you!"

Kane's velvet brown eyes opened and he looked deeply into the face of the man he loved. "You never have!" he whispered.

David stilled. And then, helpless to restrain his movements any longer, he began to plunge into his lover's virgin passage. His hips bucked, his buttocks clenched. He reached between them and seized Kane's cock in his fist. With surprisingly few strokes, the younger man let out a shrill cry and spilled himself into the waiting hand of his lover, as David filled Kane's channel with his hot semen.

They dozed through the hot hours of the day. David refused to take Kane again, insisting he bathe and tending to his well-loved hole. Finally he told him his story.

"My mother was an Englishwoman of ancient and renowned family. When she was a young woman, she traveled to this country, determined to see the magnificent horses she had heard so much about. The leader of the tribe she stayed with fell in love with her, and so they married. And when I was born, I was named for both my peoples."

"Wait a minute. Did she love him too?"

David hid a smile. "It did not matter. He wanted her; he took her."

Kane sputtered. "That's horrible! That's barbaric!"

David shrugged. "That is the way of my people. Just as you are mine, because I wanted you, and took you!"

"But you love me, don't you, David?" Kane asked in a small voice.

The older man pressed a hard kiss to his lover's lips. "Never doubt I love you, little one! Until the ends of time, and beyond, I will love you!"

When the sun was starting to sink toward the horizon, David rose to his feet. "Come. We must start back to the tents of my people."

Kane gathered his clothing, but David took the trousers and shirt and tossed them aside. "You will have no need for Ferengi garments, Kane. Put this on." David proffered a lavish robe woven of fine white threads with gold embroidery. Kane slid his arms into the sleeves and let David close the front around him.

"I feel so wicked, being naked under this beautiful thing!"

David smiled and led the younger man out of the tent to where their horses had been waiting. Kane went to Ghazal.

"Why did you give me this wonderful horse, David?"

"He is your bridal price, little one. And his harem of mares as well. They are all yours!"

Kane hugged the stallion's neck and then prepared to mount him.

"No, beloved, you will ride with me this night!"

"If that is your wish, my lord!"

David held out his hand and Kane accepted it willingly. With a minimum of fuss, David had him in the saddle before him. The younger man tried to settle his robe under him so his tender buttocks wouldn't be chaffed by the leather beneath him.

But David had something else in mind. He parted his robe, revealing the glistening length of his cock. Then he moved his lover's garment aside and raised him up. Kane gasped as he felt the cock seeking his opening. "David! We can't do this!"

"On the contrary, little one. This stallion has been specifically trained to do this!"

Kane was puzzled until he felt David's cock slide into him. His lover signaled the horse to begin their journey.

The little stallion set out at a decorous trot, and David tightened his knees around his mount's barrel and rose, driving himself deep into his beloved. Then he sank down, letting his cock almost leave the hot, snug haven it had found.

"What? Oh...! Ohhhhh!" Kane sighed as David's cock slid deeper into him once more, and he understood why his lover hadn't made love to him all day.

On the back of the stallion, on the way to their home, they were going to make love all night.



~End~