Title: Come Be My Teddy Bear

Author/Pseudonym: Tinnean

Fandom: Love and Human Remains

Pairing: David/Kane

Rating: NC-17

Status: New/Complete

Archive: yes please

Email address for feedback: Tinnean@aol.com

Series/Sequel: Not really, just an offshoot of a series

Other Websites: not yet

Disclaimers: David, Kane, Benita and Bernie belong to Brad, but Guy is mine!

Notes: This is in answer to Peja's challenge. A male in a relationship gets to wear a teddy.

Summary: David tries to make up for a quarrel by buying something special for Kane. Warnings: graphic m/m sex, language



Come Be My Teddy Bear
by Tinnean


It was mid-afternoon, but David knew Jacques, the manager of Salante's, was not expecting him for his shift at the restaurant that evening. He had scheduled the day off when he knew he would be auditioning for a part in the local production of Much Ado About Nothing.

A good actor, but with an almost pathological fear of auditions, David knew that no matter what the results of this tryout, he would be too emotionally drained to deal with his regular job as a waiter.

Kane, the young man who so recently had become his lover, had no idea that David would not be in to work that evening. He had lost his patience with David earlier in the day when the older man refused to change his plans. Kane wanted to pick out a bed for their home. But David would be auditioning, and unless he actually got the part, he didn't want his young lover to know. David had shooed him off to go shopping on his own.

Never thinking that Kane might come to the conclusion that David was seeing someone else.

"Yes, well, I just might not be here when you get back!" Kane had shouted as he slammed out of the apartment.

Of course David knew Kane would be there. Not only did his lover have no where else to go, since his father had thrown him out and then sold the only home he had ever known, but he also loved David with every fiber of his being. Nothing would ever part them.

Jacques had hinted to David that if he was unable to make the evening shift, the manager might be willing to allow Kane to try his hand at waiting tables. David knew his busboy would be thrilled with the chance of a promotion. He truly enjoyed interacting with people, whereas David merely tolerated it. His first, and greatest love was the theater, and if he could just overcome this phobia, he might be gracing the stage once more.

****

The audition had gone well David thought, but all the director had said was, "Thanks, we'll be in touch."

David was barely able to make it to the men's room before the meager contents of his stomach made an abrupt reappearance. His usual reaction to auditioning. Afterwards, he wiped a moistened paper towel over his face and soaked his wrists in cold water.

His friends were going to be so disappointed that he had failed once more.

****

David walked by the small strip of exclusive shops that were a few blocks from Benita's apartment.

The shops were tiny but very expensive. An antique shop that supplied the real thing or copies that were still at least a hundred years old; a boutique catering to the extremely bored and wealthy socialites who lived on the rich side of the boulevard; a men's shop that offered Armani and Geoffrey Beane. The remaining stores dealt with similar inventories: The Pleasure Palace contained sex toys, visual aids, black leather and erotic videos and literature, while Lady G's Chamber displayed exotic, colorful and seductive articles of lingerie.

It was Lady G's Chamber that caught David's attention. In the window was a champagne satin teddy, edged with embroidered lace, and with lace inserts at the bodice and narrow waist. It would go exceedingly well with Benita's coloring, and he was sure she would love it.

Until the house he and Kane were having remodeled was finished, the psychic dominatrix was graciously allowing them to stay with her. The bouquet of plump, long-stemmed, yellow roses he had originally sent to her had been destroyed when Bernie stormed into her apartment, determined to find David. Disguised as the delivery person, he had thrown the lovely flowers against a wall, damaging their delicate beauty.

His friend had been tipping over into madness and it saddened David greatly. Fortunately Benita had not been alone at the time, and Bernie had run from her home, moaning something about, "Top of my spine, base of my brain!"

That teddy would make a nice hostess gift. A wry smile touched David's lips. Guy, Benita's 'friend' would enjoy it very much, if Benita ever got over her reluctance to enter a more than professional relationship with the wealthy man. Well, she'd have to deal with that on her own, just as he had to deal with his relationship with Kane.

****

David entered Lady G's Chamber and found the teddy in Benita's size. He was about to bring it to the counter when a flash of midnight blue caught his eye.

Draped on a chestnut-haired, long-waisted mannequin was a teddy in shimmering blue silk. The material was so fine that, as in the fairy tale, it could have passed through the eye of a needle. David felt his heart clench and his cock twitch. With trembling fingers he reached out to stroke the luxurious silk where it formed a wide diamond cut out over the torso and arrowed down to just below the navel.

A sophisticated saleswoman appeared at his side. "It's lovely, isn't it?"

"Oh, yes!" David breathed reverently. "I have to have this!"

"Of course," the woman agreed. "What size would you like?"

David's eyes became slightly panicked. "Umm, I have no clue!"

"I'll set out the sizes and let you judge, shall I?"

With a flourish she laid out three different teddies, in medium, large and extra large.

"Just because a woman is a plus size, doesn't mean she can't look desirable too!" the saleswoman told him helpfully.

Holding his arms out as if he was embracing his lover, David tried to gauge the fit, but didn't have much luck. Then he examined the woman at his side. "Do you mind?" he asked hesitantly, and smiling, she shook her head.

David gingerly put his arms around her, and then nodded briskly and stepped away. "Yes, definitely. The size you would wear! That should do the trick!"

"Your young lady will be very pleased with your choice," the woman said as she selected a medium-sized teddy and took it to the register. "Will there be anything else?"

Not bothering to correct her assumption, David handed her the champagne teddy as well and asked her to gift wrap them both, separately. That drew a startled look from her which David missed completely as he pulled out his credit card

When he got back to the apartment, there was a message for him on the answering machine.

****

It was late when Kane finally got home from his shift at Salante's. He was exhausted from the tension of taking on new responsibilities, beginning a new job. And he was extremely unhappy that David hadn't even come by to offer moral support.

Maybe David was tired of having someone as young as Kane as a lover. It had taken the older man a long time to be able to commit to any kind of a relationship. Maybe he had changed his mind. Kane remembered the emotional roller coaster he had been on when they first began seeing each other.

It had been difficult for him, but he didn't have the history that his lover had with other men. And while Kane was willing to risk his heart, David had been extremely reticent. Maybe his childish tantrum earlier that day had succeeded in pushing David away.

The apartment was in darkness when Kane let himself in. He toed off his shoes so as not to awaken his hostess, and was tiptoeing toward the bedroom he shared with David when a faint hiss caught his attention, and the scent of tobacco.

In the dimness of the living room, a red ember glowed brightly and then faded. Kane snapped on the light and David winced at the sudden glare.

"What are you doing sitting here in the dark?" Kane demanded.

"Been waiting for you, baby. Why are you so late?"

"*Some* of us have to work, you know!" the younger man snapped. "Why are you smoking? I thought you quit!"

"Do you care if I smoke myself to death?"

"Oh, no! You're *not* going to make me out to be the one in the wrong! You know damn well I care about you! And have you been drinking?"

David smiled crookedly. "And if I have? What are *you* going to do about it?"

Kane held himself still for a very long moment. Then he approached his lover and seized him by his shirt front, jerking him up to his feet and flush against his body. "I guess I'm just going to have to kiss you silly!"

With a sigh, Kane fitted his lips to his lover's, caressing them gently. "I missed you so much today!" he whispered.

David pulled away and searched distractedly for an ashtray to stub out his cigarette. He threaded his fingers through Kane's long brown hair, loosening it from the thong that secured it during working hours. Licking the younger man's lush lower lip, he could taste chocolate, and he hummed with desire.

"Do you still love me, baby?" he asked as he proceeded to lead a bemused Kane into their bedroom. “I bought something for you.” His tone of voice was wheedling. On the neatly made bed was an extravagantly wrapped box tied with a silver ribbon. "And I've got something to tell you, too!"

Mesmerized by the gift, Kane looked dumbly at the man who meant more than anything in life to him. "Honey man!" he breathed as he went into David's arms. He ran his fingertips over the curve of David's jaw and then pressed his palm against his cheek, holding him still. Kane nuzzled his lover's lips until they parted, then placed his own lightly against them.

Sliding his tongue tentatively forward, Kane touched the tip of David's tongue, lapping at it, luring it into his own mouth, where he began sucking on it.

David's arms held him tightly, his lower body rubbing demandingly against his lover's straining erection.

Breaking away to gasp for air, David reached for the present and shoved it toward Kane. "Open it."

"Why the present, David? Its not my birthday."

"I missed your birthday, baby. Consider it a belated gift."

"You were my birthday gift!" he said shyly. Kane turned the beautifully wrapped package over and over, trying to contain his excitement. And then it became too much and he ripped the paper to shreds. The top of the box fell off and a whisper of midnight blue material slid through his hands to land on the bed.

"It's...it's beautiful David! It's so soft, and sexy and..."

"Wear it for me baby?" David held his breath.

Kane's chocolate brown eyes lit up and he began tearing at the buttons that fastened his shirt. They scattered across the floor, pattering like rain. Then he reached for his belt buckle.

David took a step back, the better to watch, while he lazily stripped off his own clothes. He reached in the drawer of the night stand for the lube and a condom. His arousal had become almost painful, and he had no problem rolling on the latex sheathe.

The younger man was holding up the delicate article of clothing. "David, how do I put it on?"

"Step into it baby. The thong goes in the back."

"Well, I *knew* that!" his lover griped. "I mean this part of it." He gestured to the bodice, such as there was of it.

"Slide your arm through and get it over your head. Like this." David pushed down Kane's head and lifted the neckline over his hair, taking care not to snag it and hurt him. He held him away to get a better view.

David caught his breath. The shimmering material lovingly outlined Kane's hairless chest, coyly concealing his flat nipples. His strong hands turned his lover so he could observe the fit from behind.

The thong kissed the cleft of his buttocks and then continued on to connect with the silk that circled his neck. David's hands, as if they possessed a life of their own, petted and fondled the firm flesh of his lover's sweet ass.

Pressing himself close to the younger man, David ran his teeth along the side of Kane's neck, pausing where it joined with his shoulder to suckle and leave his mark. Reaching around to dip his hands into the lower portion of the teddy, David released his lover's quivering cock, stroking it until a drop of moisture beaded at the tip.

Soft moans filled the silence of their bedroom as Kane struggled to get back closer to David's body. "David, I need you in me, now!" he panted.

David's cock was nudging at the snug entrance to the younger man's body. He lubricated his length and moved aside the thong that held the back of the teddy together. "Lean forward, baby!" he ordered.

Kane gasped as the head of David's cock eased past the tight ring of muscle. Balancing his weight on the edge of the bed, he thrust back, enveloping David's entire length, surprising his lover with the aggressive move.

"Fuck me, David! Fuck me!"

David's hands were hard on the younger man's waist and he tried to temper the depth and strength of his strokes.

"Nooo!" Kane groaned. "Harder! Harder!" He clamped down with inner muscles and tried to force the pace, but David had lubricated himself too well.

David reached around and took Kane's cock in his hand, squeezing and caressing the turgid flesh. He began to pump faster, his hips pistoning out of control.

Kane was coming, the white fluid coating his lover's hands and spurting onto the bedspread. Panting harshly, he angled his hips higher to better accept the pounding of David's flesh against his own.

And then David came. Kane could feel the heat of it deep within his body, could feel the pulsing. Drained, he slumped forward, letting David use him to his fill.

****

David kissed the tender flesh beneath Kane's ear. They lay, spoon fashion, on the bed. "Are you all right, baby?" he asked, still struggling to catch his breath, curling his body protectively around the younger man's.

"Mmmm. Never better!"

"I gather you like your present!"

Kane gave a spurt of laughter. "Yes, I do. Thank you for thinking of me!"

David grinned into Kane's long hair. "Actually, I was thinking of me!"

"Huh?"

"I knew the sight of you in that gorgeous blue silk would make me hornier than a three-balled tomcat!"

"Oh, David! I love when you talk dirty to me!"

"I'll keep that in mind!"

Kane was on the brink of exhausted slumber when a random thought jolted him back to awareness. "David, what did you have to tell me?"

"What?"

"Before. You said you had something to tell me. What is it?"

David could hear the panic in Kane's voice. "Its a good thing, baby," he hastened to reassure him. "Its...If I quote a line from Shakespeare, will you understand what I mean?"

Disgruntled, Kane retorted, "Probably not!"

David gave him a rakish smile. "'Peace, I'll stop your mouth!' Its from Much Ado About Nothing."

"So?"

"So..." David paused and drew in a deep breath. "I got the part!"

And he stopped Kane's mouth in a most satisfactory way.



~Fin~