Title: The Meaning Of My Life

Author: Vagabond

little_vagabo67@hotmail.com

Rating: PG-13, I think

Disclaimer: The pity is that I don't own them!

Pairing: Aragorn/Boromir

Summary: Aragorn's mind is driven close to insanity by the loss of Boromir

Notes: 1.) Movie-verse; 2.) uhm. perhaps someone thinks that Aragorn wouldn't be the "flowery-phrase-type" ;-), could be right - but because both poor men are at the writers (my.) command and can't do anything against it <evil laugh> you must stand it as well :) 3.) English isn't my native language so - Thanks so very much to my Beta Gemma for helping me through this! ;-) (Any faults are surely mine ;-))

Feedback: Starving for it.


The Meaning Of My Life
By Vagabond

Say nothing my love, there is no need of it now. Let me only hold you. warm you up. you are so terribly cold. It is this night, isn't it? Creeping inside us. swallowing us up... Hush my love; it will cause you no harm. I will protect you. as I always have. Protect you from your nightmares and the things that bother you by day. I will keep your monsters away. No one will harm you, not if I'm here with you, I will never let you down. You are so calm in my arms. your face is wet - you have wept. because of me? You shouldn't. But there are tears on my face too. why? I can't remember. something happened.

There is a little smile on your pale lips - were they always so pale? I remember them red. when we kissed first. I touch them. there is blood on my fingers. where is it coming from? .

I nuzzle your hair. it is dirty now, because you are lying on the ground. Why are you so tired my beloved? From the fight with the painted monsters? You have fought so bravely my strong warrior. without the hint of hesitation you protected the little ones. until.

I can hear the others speak to me; they urge me to let go of you. Why do they look so worried? I can barely understand what they are saying. they want to pull you from my arms. I will never allow this - they will have to cut you from my embrace lover, for I will never let you go. we belong together.

I send flows of kisses upon your eyelids, the soft lashes... When will the blue-green stars give me their loving gaze again? Don't worry, sun of my heart, I will remember their colour until time ends. their sparkling even outshone the Evenstar. Sleep a while my love, I will care for you.

But why is your sleep so deep my jewel? You never slept that well, since our journey began. - there was only one night in Rivendell you slept nearly peaceful. I remember the heat we hold between us this night. my fingers down your chest. your face against my neck, breath hot against my racing pulse. your kiss on my lips - expected to be rough, but being so sweet and gentle. your golden hair brushing soft against mine. the consuming lust in your eyes gone to be replaced by love.

The elf prince holds me now - why do I cry in his embrace? He loosens my fingers, which are entwined in your hair and clothes holding you firmly, near me. and I'm screaming. They take you away from me my beloved. I have no more strength remaining to fight them.

My tears are painful now against sore cheeks, when your boat is drifting away from me. you look so beautiful. peace is upon your face, as I wished for you Son of Gondor. mercilessly the water takes you from me. but only for a while my dear.

Your bands are on my arms now. - they will remind me of you, every minute of my future days and nights (. how will it be to live without you?.) I will care for our land my love, as I promised you. I will be Gondor's king as you wished of me at last. time knows for how long. But all this means nothing to me. - In my heart I will always be just the man who found his meaning of life in loving you.



~ End ~