The Battlefield

Author: Selena

Fandom: Lord of the rings movieverse

Email: kennedy_bowman@yahoo.co.uk

Pairing: Legolas/Gimli

Rating: PG 13

Archive: If you want it

Summery: The battlefield, the Oliphaunt.

Warning: Spoilers for the movie ROTK, but only the scene where Legolas kicks Oliphaunt arse.




The battlefield
by Selena


Legolas could just about hear Gimli crowing out the number of his kills over the shrieks of the dieing orcs. He smiled inwardly as he watched his lover behead another of the creatures.

“18!” Gimli called out waving his axe.

“Only 18?” Legolas cried back. “You are slipping, master Dwarf.” The Elf drew yet another arrow from his quiver and fired in into the heart of the
nearest orcs. “25”

“19”

“26”

“20, 21, 22 . . . . . “

“Gimli, I love you, but there is not a hope in Mordor you are going to beat me.” Letting off a volley of arrows he gleefully slaughtered the foul orcs one by one. He danced in between the falling bodies, dodging axe falls and punches with ease. So lost in the melee was he that failed to notice a particularly small and strangely light footed orc until it was to late. The demons mace fell and Legolas’s bow dropped from his hand. Legolas screamed as the orc struck hard with his weapon, knocking the proud Elf to the ground.

“Legolas!” Gimli cried as he saw his mate fall. Legolas reached for his sword, drew it up high, slicing the orc’s arm in two.

“I am all right, Gimli.” Legolas reassured as he rose to his feet. The maimed orc took this opportunity to flee. Legolas watched as the orc took refuge in the shadow of an Oliphaunt. “You will pay for that, Nadorhuan.” Clear blue eyes tracked the creature. Legolas retrieved his bow and ran across the Battlefield. With one graceful movement he grabbed a hold of the Oliphaunts tail, using it as a lever to haul himself up onto the beasts back. “27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 . . . . “ He called as orc blood rained down onto the earth below. A wicked smile crossed his face as he eyed the rigging that held the large platform onto the Oliphaunts back.

“That still only counts as one.” The Dwarf grumbled at the grinning Elf as the Oliphaunt came crashing down, crushing hundreds of orcs under its mass.

“Only to you, my love, only to you.” Legolas said with a smirk as he planted a kiss on his lover’s head.

“And what kind of kiss do you call that, Master Elf?” Gimli said as he moved his short arms to encircle his love. But Legolas was too quick and jumped aside.

“One that holds promise, remember what I said about who kills the most orcs?”

“27, 28, 29 . . . . “ Gimli once again began to shout as he wielded his small but mighty axe.



THE END