Title: "At Least Those Of The Flesh"

Author: Vagabond

Disclaimer: Tolkien own them.

Rating/Warning: NC-17 (deals with RAPE and VIOLENCE), slash m/m

Pairing: Aragorn/Frodo

Summary: Frodo was raped - Aragorn finds him and tries to help.

Notes: 1.) Movie-verse; 2.) This is part 2 after "Claiming" - there will be a third part, I think. 3.) "Claiming" was written in a different style, because it was one of my first Lotr Fics and I needed to find my writing style. But I think it doesn't matter for the following parts or the plot and so I changed nothing.

Beta: Thanks to my wonderful Betas Osiris and Aj! :-)

Feedback: I would be really happy! ;-) little_vagabo67@hotmail.com

Archive: yes


"At Least Those Of The Flesh"
By Vagabond

Aragorn rushed through the forest, Legolas words still ringing in his ears. "Something is wrong, I can feel it. It's like a shade that covers everything, getting into me."

This shadow was creeping inside Aragorn now, leaving a dark hole where is heart should be.

~

"Where is Frodo?" - Merry's wondered question had set them all in alarm. Sam was on his feet immediately. "Frodo?" His panicked voice trembled. Aragorn's gaze wandered around restlessly, searching for a sign that would give him a hint where the Ringbearer had gone.

Then it fell on Boromir's shield that was leaning alone on a tree, left behind, for Boromir wasn't here anymore. That meant no good.

Sam's eyes had followed Striders', and he realised the peril just one moment later.

"Frodo!," with this he ran into the forest without thinking. Aragorn tried to hold him back, for he was in real fear now. It was not good to separate. They weren't safe here. But he had to care for Frodo.

And so he ran after Sam, trying to catch up with him but the blond Hobbit was not anymore to be seen. Thinking just for a moment of what to do next, the ranger ran into the trees, searching anxiously for a sign on the dry forest's ground.

Then he saw it - a piece of Frodo's waistcoat, and there was blood on it!

He swallowed hard. <Please Valar, no!> he thought beseechingly.

Emotions went through him like thunder and he tried to wash away the image of a dead Hobbit that gnawed on him, leaving him helpless.

There was a path of blood, meandering forward, and Aragorn followed it until he came to an old high stand.

~

Frodo hid himself. He hid from Boromir, from Sauron's seeking look, from hurt and pain and the unpleasant memories, which overflowed his mind.

With his eyes tightly shut he concentrated on his low breath, slowly rocking. back and forth. back and forth.

He knew he had to go before someone found him (friend or foe didn't matter any longer), but howsoever he tried, his feet would not obey him. There was so much pain in his body, in his mind. His soul screamed. He wished for nothing anymore. Only to sit here, well hidden, until time ends.

When he heard the careful footsteps coming near, he shuddered violently.

<Boromir>, his mind shrilled warningly <Boromir!> But he couldn't move, he seemed frozen to the ground: a rabbit in the trap.

But it wasn't Boromir, wasn't the warrior of Gondor. Although it was a Man. - Aragorn!

At first Frodo felt relief, but then fear overwhelmed him again. Was Aragorn here to go for the Ring, too? He couldn't be sure of the ranger's loyalty anymore. He could trust no one.

~

Relief also went through Aragorn when he found Frodo alive, but his heart wanted to shatter when he took a closer look on the small Hobbit. The Halfling's clothes were a mess. Torn, dirty and - Aragorn's eyes went shut for a moment- bloody. There was a lot of blood. Almost crusted now. almost, then a small streamlet trickled still down the Hobbit's thighs. <Oh Ancestors, his thighs!> Aragorn couldn't prevent that a weak whimper escaped him. Too well he knew what that meant. Tears rose up in the ranger, but he swallowed them.

This wouldn't help Frodo. Hesitatingly he made a step towards the Halfling who looked up to him with shock-wide eyes. It was one step too much.

Frodo jumped to his feet, backing wildly away from him. "Stay where you are!" the little one screamed, full of rage and pain. His face was an ocean of tears and insanity was close behind.

Aragorn tried to hold his voice soft and calm. "What happened?" he asked carefully. "Was it the foe, who." he couldn't finish the sentence, holding back a little sob.

Frodo shook his head slightly. "No." his answer was only a whisper ". the Ring has taken possession of Boromir."

It took a moment for the ranger to let the words sink in. When the comprehension washed over his now ashen face, his knees went weak; he nearly dropped down.

"Boromir?" he asked, "Boromir has. raped. you?" The words left a rotten taste in his mouth. The Halfling's answer was just a heart-rending whimper. "The Ring's evil mind had occupied him and he wanted to take it from me. I tried to resist and he. it. " The Hobbit wasn't able to continue.

"It's my fault. I would have had to be there. I had to protect you."

Aragorn said despairingly. Frodo's voice was shrill. "Protect me. and can you protect me from yourself, too?" With a last effort of force, eyes wild and insane, he reached for the Ring, holding it towards Aragorn. "Would you destroy it?" he shouted.

The eyes of the future King of Gondor gleamed strangely when he saw the One Ring lie on the small Hobbit hand. The Ring sparkled promising and seemed to call him, inviting him. to do what? He was captured by the glance. "Estel" it whispered seductively in his mind, "Strider" it laughed tinkling like thousand bells, "Elessar" it promised proud and regal, "Aragorn" it demanded with
force, "ARAGORN!"

Slowly he walked over, his gaze on the out-stretched hand before him. He dropped to his knees, reaching for Frodo's hand and gently covered it with his own. The Hobbit held his breath; afraid the ranger would take the Ring and also fall for its poisoned promises.

But Aragorn's hand closed the small Hobbit-fingers carefully over the Ring. Then the ranger backed away, his face showing devotion, his hands in a surrendering pose.

Still on his knees, he searched Frodo's face for a reaction, and suddenly he knew what the Ringbearer was meant to do. He would go alone to Mordor, to the terrible Mount Doom, leaving them all behind. The Fellowship was broken.

His throat got tight, but he understood the Hobbit and knew that his decision was right.

"I would have gone with you up to the end," he said, "into the very fires of Mordor."

A tear slid down Frodo's cheek. "I know." he answered and with a sob he threw himself into Aragorn's arms. "Take care of the others," he whispered in Aragorn's ear, "especially Sam. he will not understand."

The human man nodded sadly. "I will do so," he promised, "but before you go let me take care of you. You are badly hurt."

Cautiously, Aragorn laid the little one down to examine his injuries. He winced at the sight of the bruises and bites that covered Frodo's soft skin. In his mind he thanked Elrond of Rivendell once more that he gave them a little healing liquid on their way. All the fights and fatigues - without the liquid they wouldn't have come so far.

Only a tiny rest was left in the crystal bottle, but it would be enough to help Frodo now. He just hoped that none of the others would need some of it soon.

Carefully Aragorn cleared the injuries and poured the liquid on them, it would heal the wounds immediately. At least those of the flesh.

The little Hobbit was writhing with pain and Aragorn, who felt for him, caressed soothingly Frodo's dark brown locks.

"It will be better in an instant," he promised. The ranger bit his lip. He felt cold anger rising up in him. "Boromir will pay for what he has done to you," he assured the Halfling. "This will not remain unpunished."

But Frodo shook his head. "It wasn't really Boromir, who. The Ring raped him as well and I know that. I. it was terrible, and I don't want to see the warrior ever again, but he was not himself!" Frodo tried to explain weakly.

But Aragorn didn't want to hear apologies for the man of Gondor. "It WAS his fault, for he let the Ring too easily use him! He could have fought it more, could have asked us for help, or he could have left us before." he let the sentence unfinished.

"Valar." he added, "why did that have to come to this? And where will it lead?" Aragorn's heart was filled with despair.

It was in this moment, that he felt Frodo's little fingers reach for him. The Hobbit's arms encircled his chest and the head of the little one rested on his shoulder. "I'm so cold," the Halfling whispered and slowly he began to press little kisses along the ranger's neck.

Aragorn closed his eyes. This wasn't right. He suspected why Frodo was doing it. - The Hobbit was confused, he wanted to cover the brutal act of being raped with this kind of affection. But that wouldn't work. The memory would return soon and then Frodo needed someone who helped him through this. It was Sam's task.

The ranger knew about the tender bands between the two Hobbits. It was obvious to everyone that they were in love with each other. A first, still innocent love, tender and beautiful as Frodo's first time should have been with Sam. But Boromir had cruelly destroyed that. Boromir. Aragorn choked. That it had been the human man remembered him just too well of his own human side. Men. Elrond thought of them as weak. And now Boromir had proved that right. Oh Ancestors, Isildur. Why?

Frodo's face was on his chest, the Halfling's breath warm against now exposed skin. Little lips slid over it. Aragorn took a sharp breath. "Frodo." he murmured, "this is not the right way to deal with it. It would only hurt you more!"

The Hobbit sniffed. "Aragorn, please, I need this now. I can't live with the memory of. Would you please do this for me?" and he pressed his tiny mouth to the Human's, his little tongue seeking for entrance.

Aragorn moved uneasy. Valar, this felt so good. all his sorrow was driven away and he wished he could melt into this kiss, but he knew it was false. Carefully he lifted Frodo away, holding him by the shoulders. "And what about Sam?" he asked, looking deep into the blue oceans that were Frodo's eyes, trying to show the Hobbit that this went wrong.

"I can't tell Sam! It would break him." Frodo said.

Aragorn's slender hand cupped gently Frodo's cheek. "No, Sam is stronger than he seems. Do you not remember the first night we met? In the `Prancing Pony'? He would have killed me, if I had only tried to hurt you! Believe me, he is the right one to help you through this. He loves you, Frodo! And I know that you love him, too. Let him be your healing!"

The Hobbit's hands let go of Aragorn's shirt. Fresh tears rose in his eyes. "I'm sorry," he murmured, "You are right. Please don't be angry with me."

Aragorn pulled the Halfling into a tight embrace. "How could I be angry with you? There is nothing to be sorry for! I'm sorry - that I did not protect you sufficiently and that I was not the leader Boromir would have needed."

He kissed Frodo lightly on the forehead and stood up with a jerk. "You must go now Frodo!" he said. "If you want to go alone, then you must hurry up now. Run!" he told the afraid-looking Hobbit. And when Frodo looked at him, saying a last "Good bye, Strider!" his heart became unbearably heavy.

"Farewell Frodo!" he shouted. "May your quest be successful - all our fates depend on it!" He drew his sword and went back into the forest without looking back.Frodo's path was no longer his own. He had to care for his other fellows. He had to become the leader he was supposed to be. Therefore, he had to find Boromir now and make sure that he would no longer be a danger for them.

<Oh Frodo> he thought, <I swear to you, Boromir will pay for every tear you have wept.>

END