A Rangers Duty.

By Bluesky

Desidera21@aol.com

Fandom: Lords of the Ring

Pairing none yet,

Rated PG so far,

Archive Yes.

Summery What if Rangers were Watchmen, Sentinels? Who would be there guide?


A Rangers duty
by Bluesky
Desidera21@aol.com


The Ranger stood on the high rise, his sharp eyes watching, looking, He was weary, his Ranger green stained with too much toil and care, Much like the man himself. The evil was out there, some were, He had to be the watchman. Death had handed the tasks to him, to bring his small party safely to journeys end.

A noise behind him, one that would have gone unremarked by most men let him know that his Guide had returned from his short recognizance.

Softly, with out turning, his vigilance not dropping for a second, he queried "See any thing?"

"I have found some tracks. We must hurry." Whispered urgent response drew the Rangers attention fully. Blue eyes met and an unspoken agreement passed between the two. Words were unneeded. Though weary, heart sick, and grieving, Duty called.

Watcher and Guide slipped into the dark of the Forrest, like a panther, like a wolf. An another shadow joined them, equal in heart and courage. The 3 were the last hope of the kidnapped two.

A last glance, a whispered hope and prayer, and the burden of the ring slipped from their hands if not there minds or hearts.

 

Part 2: When fandoms collide in dreams. and why you should not eat mini pickles and Chinese before bedtime.

There was a stone digging into his back. That was the first sensation of waking. It was far from the least unpleasant. A quick inventory, and He realized that he was bound hand and foot. Dreading to open his eyes, but needing to know the worst, he peeked quickly.

Relieve. The Gray bundled snoring next to him had to be Fr'ay. He was alive. That was a good thing, a thing that he had to hold on to. The rest of the information was not near as good. Orks surrounded them, guttural rumblings and unwashed flesh, assaulted his sensibilities, and as hard as he tried he just could not look away from the horror that was the creature regarding him.

If it had just been a wild animal, he could have dealt with it. But the obscene parody of man was just too unsettling. Blunt scaly long clawed hands began to paw at him, searching for something.

"Leave him alone!!" Fr'ay had woken, and was trying to draw the attention of the fell being away from him. It worked. Be'ndar held his breath. The sharp rock, was close to his ropes. He might be able to cut free.

***********************

Free. The Two of them laid low, the battle fought all around them, as discretion being the better part of surviving they wrapped there gray capes around themselves, and hid as deep into the shallow dirt bank as they could.

"Think that we will get out of this one Be'ndar?" Fr'ay looked for hope from his companion.

"We are alive. We are free. We have hope. We have each other."

END PART 2