Title: Only In Twilight - Prologue

Author: Jessi B.

shadowrider@blomand.net

Fandom: Ladyehawke

Summary: The powers of darkness aren't happy that their spell was broken, and take their anger out on Mouse.

Rating: PG-13-NC-17

Pairings: Navarre/Isabeau/Phillipe

Notes: Just a half formed though slowly turning into a fic...


Only In Twilight
By Jessi B


"I assure you sir, I have not met your acquaintance..." Phillipe Gaston, called Mouse, stammered as the guards of the lord held him kneeling before the man.

"Nor I you, but as I understand it caused trouble for my Master. Release him, he can't escape now. You, Phillipe Gaston are he who helped rid two lovers of a curse, a curse to keep them forever together, yet always apart. Know who I'm talking about, boy?"

"I'm afraid not sir, I'm but a simple..."

"Silence!" The booming voice easily cut the boy off. "Such things should be punished boy, my Master commands it. For you inference you will be cursed. In day you will be hawk, in night a wolf, with your human mind intact throughout..." There was a cry of from thin waif in front of him and the thin body shifted, falling forward. A moment later a small silver wolf struggled from the clothing of Mouse. "Guards..."

The guards moved forward and the Lord found his mistake, for though the Mouse was small he was a survivor, a survivor now equipped with fangs.

Hours later when the silver wolf threw himself down to finally rest he let the wild animal out and howled till he could not breath and tears stained his
muzzle.



END PROLOGUE