Title: The ride home

Author: Gail

Fandom: JAG

Pairing: Clayton Webb/Clark Palmer

Rating: NC-17, to be safe

Summary: Webb and Palmer talk after they leave Mulder's apartment.

Archive: yes to Querstrich, RSA, CKOS, WWOMB. All others, please ask.

Email:
gem225@hotmail.com

Sequel snippet to Payment on demand

Web Page:
http://free.freespeech.org/gem/work/main.html and
the Unholy Trinity,
http://www.strangeplaces.net/trinity/main.htm

Disclaimer: The JAG characters (Palmer and Webb) belong to Belisarius Productions and CBS; Mulder and Krycek (referred to) belong to Chris Carter, Ten Thirteen Productions, and the Fox people.

This is still an Eclipse AU.

For Elizabeth, who thought it would be interesting to find out how the conversation in the car turned out and then told me that she'd love to see it.

 

The ride home
by Gail
*****

Palmer got into Webb's car, put on the seatbelt before Webb gestured to him to do so, and waited until they were a reasonable distance from Mulder's place before he asked the question that was on his mind.

"So, Clay, how'd you find me?"

"I didn't buy the whole doctor's appointment, so I checked your computer and found your notes on Krycek. Sloppy, Clark. After that, it was a matter of making an educated guess." Webb made a turn, then glanced at Palmer.

"Damn," Palmer muttered. "Didn't think you'd check." He drummed his fingers on the seat. "I didn't hurt the little shit. I didn't even hurt his boyfriend. Probably put some spice into their lives, made Krycek look mysterious and sexy, not that he is."

"That's not the point. The point is that you lied to me."

"I had to make him see that he couldn't fuck with us, Clay. He was going to use you for information."

"I know that now. I probably knew then." Webb was silent for a few blocks. "I won't make the same mistake again."

"I know that. That's not the point. Could you just trust me on this one? Krycek's a real bastard, Clay. He fucks people over. He'll wait and try again, but maybe now he won't."

"Clark," Webb started, then he sighed. "We'll be home soon. I'd prefer to talk there."

"Sure."

The rest of the drive Palmer stared out the window as Webb drove.

As soon as they got in the house, Palmer opened his mouth, but Webb shook his head and spoke quickly, but calmly.

"Clark, I know you were looking out for me, but we're a team. As a team, we work together. You don't lie to me, and I don't lie to you."

"I know, but..."

"But nothing. You're my partner. Don't go off without me again. I would have gone with you to talk to Krycek, and I would have let you do the talking if you'd just told me that was what you needed. You have to tell me, Clark. I don't read minds."

"You sure about that?"

"I'm sure." Webb smiled and took a few steps to stand in front of Palmer. "Going to tell me what happened now?"

"Nothing much. I went there, I talked to them, Krycek was an asshole, and you came in to save the day."

"Somehow I think there's more to the story than that."

"You want a description of how Krycek was climbing all over Mulder? Fucking show-off."

"How about you show me?" Webb's eyes were gleaming.

"Oh." Palmer grinned. "Sure thing. Let me get out of this suit." He started stripping it off.

"You could skip the climbing over part, if you liked," Webb added casually and took off his suit jacket, laying it over a chair. "Get to what you think they're doing now."

"I think Mulder's fucking Krycek."

"Not Krycek on his knees in front of Mulder?"

"That what you want?" Palmer didn't wait for an answer. He sank to his knees and reached for Webb's zipper. "You know I'll give it to you."

"I know you will," Webb said softly and let his hands rest on Palmer's head. "Don't make me come, though. I want to come when you're fucking me."

"Jesus, Clay!" Palmer stared up at him.

"You don't like the idea?"

Palmer grinned. "Hell, yes." He took out Webb's cock and opened his mouth. "Tell me when you're close." He licked the head, then slid his mouth down it.

"Why? You always know."

A muffled laugh came from Palmer, then Webb felt the sucking start and was glad he was close enough to the back of the couch to lean against it. Palmer sucked hard and strong, no teasing, and Webb wasn't sure how long he could hold out. Then Palmer stopped.

"Come on, Clay; you said I could fuck you." Eager look, and as always, it made Webb smile.

"I said I wanted you to fuck me."

"Close enough."

Webb saw Palmer stand and wondered if he'd ever get the whole story. Probably not. The partner thing worked both ways; he had to trust Clark as much as Clark had to trust him. If there was anything he needed to know, he knew Clark would tell him. And it had been good to stand in front of Alex Krycek and Agent Mulder and claim Clark as his own, to show Krycek that he was himself again. It was over for sure now, and he was glad of that.

"Come on, Clay." Palmer was glaring at him, and Webb smiled again and started for the bedroom. Everything else could wait until later.


The End