Title: Rabb Invades Langley

Author: Gail

Fandom: JAG

Pairing: Clayton Webb/Clark Palmer

Rating: R, for language

Summary: Clark Palmer's point of view of Rabb coming over to talk to Clayton Webb for the first time since Rabb and Webb broke up.

Archive: yes to Jagslash, Querstrich, RSA, CKOS, WWOMB. All others, please ask.

Email: gem225@hotmail.com

Sequel to Meatballs and companion to Saving Face

Web Pages: The Unholy Trinity, at:
http://www.strangeplaces.net/trinity/main.htm and http://www.freespeech.org/gem/work/main.html

Disclaimer: DPB and CBS own them, not me. The X-Files characters and oilien belong to Chris Carter, Ten Thirteen Productions, and Fox.

This is yet another PWP (#12) set in my Eclipse universe, where Clayton Webb and Clark Palmer became lovers when Clark blackmailed Clayton into bed while at the same time Clayton was trying to have an affair with Harmon Rabb. Over time the whole blackmail issue was resolved, and now they're together because they want to be. This would take place sometime after part 10. The Eclipse series can be found at either of the two sites listed above.

This was inspired by Alex, who got me to write the first version from Rabb's point of view (Saving Face). But it was mostly dialogue, and all the good stuff was going on where no one got to see it but me, so I finally got around, almost three months later, to writing this. I'm very glad that I did. Alex also beta'd it, and Tinnean read it and was most encouraging. The title was Palmer's idea. *g*

 

Eclipse: Rabb Invades Langley
by Gail
*****

I make sure to wake Clay up with my mouth on his cock. He doesn't have a chance in hell against me when I do that, and I want him remembering all day how good it is with me. Fucking Rabb's coming today. I know Clay said he's not going to bed with him, but I want all the cards on my side that I can get. Then I wash his back without making any trouble with the soap, get the coffee started, and don't say a word when he won't stop for donuts. I'll get something later.

"Clark, when we get in, I want you to go to the infirmary and get checked out."

What the hell? "Sure, Clay, but I'm fine."

"I think you got the oilien in you somehow." He keeps driving, and I try not to laugh. He really said that? "You're acting even stranger than usual."

I get myself under control and answer in my most serious voice. "You're supposed to take me over to Mulder, then, so he can put the handcuffs on me and beat me up or something, Clay. Not that you'd know that."

Just a little dig. I know he loves the damned show, but he'll never admit it. Well, maybe someday when he's relaxed enough, when he's a hundred and two, and the show's long off the air. I can wait. I'm not going anywhere. And if there was a Mulder, he'd damned well have to put cuffs on me to get into my ass. He's not my type.

He doesn't answer that, not that I expected him to, just turns into the CIA's garage and parks his car in the usual place. It always makes me grin to see his name there, but if anyone tried to take the spot away, I'd make damned sure whomever tried paid for it, and Clay wouldn't lose his space.

"No oilien, then. Rabb?"

"Yeah, Rabb." Of course it's Rabb. But I'm not sure that I wouldn't prefer the oilien. All right, the oilien's worse.

"I'll call you when I get word he's on the way up." He turns to look at me, his hazel eyes serious. "It will be all right, Clark. He'll ask what he wants to ask, and either I'll help him, or I won't. He's not going to do anything stupid."

It's Rabb; he won't be able to help it. But saying that isn't going to make me look any better, so I just nod. I'll be there. Rabb won't get away with shit.

I get a smile before he turns into Clayton Webb, CIA agent, for the day, and that's enough.

*****

The phone rings, and it's Clay. "My office, now." He doesn't say anything more, and he doesn't need to. I know why he wants me there. Rabb. Commander Rabb is on his way to find out that Clayton Webb is over him. I know he is. He has to be. I need Clay. Rabb can go fuck his pretty Meg and have babies to keep his hands in shit. She seems nice enough, but she picked him, so she can have him.

I knock on the open door, hear his quick "Enter", and get into the office to find him working. He flicks me a look, so I take up a position in the corner where Rabb won't see me right away and wait. I know how to behave. Clay's more DSD than he likes to admit, or the CIA was more like us than I ever knew.

I wonder how long this is going to take. At least I already got an answer about Marco's. They sold the business and went back to Italy, just like I hoped. Good. I don't have to do anything about that. Maybe I'll get over there someday on a mission. The CIA can't keep me in an office forever. Can't keep Clay there, either, and we're partners. If he goes, I go. That's how it has to work.

I hear footsteps, then Clay stands as Rabb comes in the door. Figures. No manners at all. I knocked, but no, he's Commander Harmon Rabb, Junior, and he can do whatever he wants. There are times when I wish I could get in touch with some of the DSD guys. I knew a couple who'd just love to get Rabb in a room for a while. He'd learn more than he wanted from them, and he'd probably be the better for it. But Clay wouldn't like me to get in touch with them, and certainly not to get Rabb used as a sex toy, and I don't do things that Clay doesn't like.

"Commander Rabb. What do you want?"

I keep my grin at Clay's cool tone and formal address to myself. Might even tell Rabb he's not welcome, but then Rabb's dense.

"I told you, Webb. I need a favor."

No, Rabb doesn't get it. I really wish I could call those guys. Derek would have him screaming with how well he uses a belt, and Tim knows more about using a person's responses against himself than anyone else I've ever worked with. If they got enough information to start out with, they could probably fuck him up so badly he'd need to go find someone to hurt him to enjoy it. Damn. That would be so good to do.

I sigh, and Rabb turns around. I keep my face calm. I'm not giving him anything.

"Commander Rabb," I say when his eyes widen. That's how the senior agent present addressed him, so that's how I'll address him. That's how I learned to behave.

Rabb spins around so fast he starts a breeze. "What is he doing here?"

Oh, I don't know, Commander, I always stand in Webb's corner like a bad boy. Nice idea, but I'll bet Clay would have problems with that, so I won't bring it up. Rabb, you're even more dense than I thought. You can't even figure out that my presence means I belong? You're the outsider.

Clay answers Rabb calmly. "He's CIA now. And he works with me."

Yes. My place has been established. It would have been so easy for Clay not to say anything much about me to Rabb, but I'm damned glad he did.

"Leave, Palmer."

Yeah, that'll happen. "I don't take orders from you, Commander." Then I show him who is in charge, which you'd think he'd know. "Webb, you want me to leave?" He might say yes, and if so, at least Rabb won't be the one throwing me out. I can handle Clay telling me to go.

"Tell him to get out of here."

I'm perfectly safe now. Clay isn't going to let Rabb give him orders. I can see it in how his eyes harden. Good. See, Clay? Rabb's an insolent idiot. No brains. Pretty, but you've got a brain, so you need someone who has one, too. You need *me*.

"Rabb, just tell me what you want."

Yeah, Rabb, come on, let's hear what's so important you had to bother Clayton Webb. Don't waste his time.

"I need..."

He stops, and I'd love to see his face now. Don't tell me I'm inhibiting you, Rabb. After all we've been to each other? No, got to stop that, need to forget Rabb. Need to leave him alone. But it would be a hell of a lot easier if he'd leave us alone.

"Yes, Rabb?"

Clay's not giving an inch. That's right, Clay; make him say it, whatever it is. Probably doesn't have anything, just wanted to come over and see if you'd suck him off or something. Yeah, Rabb, try that now and see where you get. Nowhere but slammed against a wall.

"Information on an agent named Michael Sanderson. He's one of yours, and there's reason to believe he's involved in a homosexual relationship with a Colonel Jason Smith. That he's using Colonel Smith to get military secrets and sell them to foreign powers."

He doesn't want to say this at all; I can tell. Too bad, Rabb. What, you wish you had a CIA agent coming after you for secrets? Right.

"Sounds like nice work if you can get it." I know I shouldn't, but damn, it's too good to resist.

"Quiet, Palmer." Clay sounds stern, but not the way he would if he were really pissed. He probably liked hearing me say that, too.

"Yes, sir." There. That should show Rabb just how he should be behaving, and I love getting to be properly deferential for a change. He can't scowl at me now and tell me to call him Webb.

Rabb turns around again to look at me. Really? I didn't know he found me that interesting. I hope he's worried as hell about the smile I've got on. I know he can't read it. He could never read me.

All the time, Clay's actually looking for this information. Come on, Clay, don't give it to him. You've got no proof that he's doing anything more than feeding you some bull. And so what? If this Sanderson's got this going on, it's probably a CIA operation, and Rabb has no right to fuck with those. I do, but not him. Or I'd like to. So if anyone gets to fuck with it, it should be me. And I won't, so he can't.

"Rabb, there's nothing here that will help you." He sounds calm and firm and definite, and if Rabb had a brain, he'd thank Clay and leave now.

"Give me what you've got, and I'll make that call."

Fucking Rabb. You're trying to play Clayton Webb? I should get to throw you out for this, but when I look at Clay, he doesn't give me anything, so I just keep standing in the corner. This sucks. Rabb needs some serious attitude lessons. I really should call those guys. But damn, Clay would hate it, and then I might owe them, and then whatever's left of the DSD would know too much about me. I worry about that. I know they're out there. I just don't know what they've got planned for me. They can't have wanted me to be *happy*, so I hope they think I'm playing Clay for them. But when they decide to collect...then I'll be in trouble. Maybe they won't. Maybe they're really gone. Yeah, and Rabb here only wants justice. Fuck justice. He wants Clay.

"No." Clay's voice is firm, thank god. "You're going to have to find what you need somewhere else."

"Webb, this is a serious matter." He's sounding desperate, good.

"If it's so serious, I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding whatever information you need on your own."

That's right, Clay. You're not here to help Rabb when he's too lazy to do his own work.

"Clay, I need this information."

Lower voice, probably those blue eyes pleading, but forget it, Rabb. I do that much better than you do, and I beg for things that matter. Like the right to suck his cock.

"Don't get personal, Rabb. This is business."

Cold as all hell. Shit, if he talked to me that way, I'd be on my knees begging for forgiveness. Rabb, of course, says nothing. Arrogant shit. But then I forget that no one ever taught him how to behave. What is this, sympathy for Rabb? I've got to be losing it here.

The phone rings, and I can tell from the look on Clay's face when he hears whatever the person on the other end says that it's time to give him some privacy. I'll drag Rabb out if I have to, but he actually figures out that he needs to leave.

He looks startled when I'm there beside him, but I just want to help. Sort of. "You're not going to get anywhere presuming with Mr. Webb." I keep my voice quiet. Don't want to get him thinking I'm a threat. Clay wouldn't like that. "Give it up. He's made up his mind." He has, and Rabb should be able to see that.

"You don't know shit about Webb."

Of course, and he does. Rabb thinks he knows everything. I don't agree. All right, Rabb, dig your own grave. You're pissing Clay off, and he could fuck over your little career like you wouldn't believe, and maybe if you keep going this way, he will. Forget helping you. I'm going to have some fun. You don't fuck with me.

"And you do. Well, well, Commander, that is interesting. Perhaps I should look into this."

I really shouldn't say that, but he's earned it, and he gets scared right away. That's very nice, and it doesn't matter that I know perfectly well I can't follow through on my threat. He doesn't.

"Nothing to look into, Palmer," he snaps, and I have to hold in my grin. Nothing? O.K., Rabb, whatever you say. "How the hell did *you* get into the CIA?"

Now, that's a very good question, Rabb. I don't think I'll answer it, but you're too stupid to get that I won't.

"I got lucky?" I sure as hell did, but he'll never know how lucky I got. "Yes, I got lucky. Webb keeps an eye on me, makes sure I don't fall back into my old ways."

And I'm damned glad he does. Being with him has changed me, and I even like the changes. Hell, I have to; they're what he wants.

"Why didn't he tell me?"

Poor Rabb. He looks so hurt. Like Clay should have told him, right. He would have gotten that gun of his and come after me. Now there's a pleasant thought. And then I would have killed him, and I would have probably ended up back in Leavenworth. And of course Clay had that already figured out. Damn, he's good.

"Probably thought it was none of your business. And it isn't. I was pardoned; the CIA hired me; I've been good ever since." Might as well lay it all out for him. It might even help.

"What kind of a scam are you pulling?"

Of course. Rabb doesn't understand anything.

"Commander, it's a shame you can't get over your paranoia. Maybe your upcoming marriage will help you relax." Yes, think about pretty Meg now, Harm, and stop thinking about my Clay. I won't let myself look at your crotch, because if I see you're hard, I will throw you out, after I've battered that pretty face enough to get some blood and bruises on it, and Clay might not think that my reason was good enough. "Congratulations. I hope you'll be very happy." I really do. If he's happy, he'll stay away from Clay. And that Meg deserves some happiness. I don't know why the hell she thinks Rabb can give it to her, but then maybe she's smart enough to train him. Nice thought. Good luck, Ms. Austin. You'll need it. Maybe I should get Derek and Tim to talk with her. No, she might not like the help, and it wouldn't be smart. But it would be fun.

Rabb goes back into Clay's office. Fuck. Doesn't he know anything? No, and I don't know why I expect him to. He's right over in front of Clay, too goddamned close, and I want him away. My hands clench into fists until I remind myself he's still the outsider. Then I get them to relax.

He's saying something, but I can't hear it. Goddamn him. But Clay's reply comes through clearly.

"We're through here."

Yeah, take that, Rabb. Thank you, Clay. I needed to hear that.

"You'll regret this, Webb."

Fucking bastard! I know a threat when I hear one, and I don't care that I'm supposed to be quiet and watch; no one fucks with Clayton Webb when I'm around. No one.

I get over between them and give him an angry stare. "Don't make threats, Commander. It's not a good idea." He'd better get that straight right now. Has he been doing this all along? I'm going to get Clay to talk to me about Rabb somehow, even though I hate the subject. This is intolerable.

"Palmer, stop this." Clay's voice is low and calm, and I obey, not that I want to. I step away and keep my eyes on fucking Rabb. "Rabb, leave."

That's better. Leave, Rabb. Don't push me. I know I'm losing it here, know I should just remember this is Rabb, who has no brain, but he threatened Clay. Who the fuck does he think he is? Doesn't he know anything?

"All right."

It takes Rabb too long to say the words, but he does leave. I want to follow him out and have a little talk with him, the kind that would leave him in serious pain if I'm cruel, or dead if I'm nice, but Clay's looking at me, and his eyes have something in them that makes me stay. He hasn't given me permission to go, anyway.

"Shut the door, Clark." His voice is barely a whisper, and he uses my first name, and I get right over and close it. "That idiot. I can't believe him."

"He wants you." I know he does, and I want it said out loud.

"He doesn't know what he wants." His voice is tired now. "He probably does still want me. I haven't changed my mind; don't worry, Clark." He breathes out, and I wish I could go over and rub his shoulders. Well, hell, the door's closed, so I do. He breathes out even longer when I get my hands on him. "Behave, Clark."

"Just thought I could help you relax." I put my best effort into my massage, and he does relax. "You want me to have a talk with him?" Please, Clay, let me talk to him. He'll never bother you again.

"No. I don't think that would be a good idea at all." He sighs. "But it's damned tempting. I can't give him that information; it's a Company sting, and his Colonel Smith fell right into it. If it hadn't been our guy, it would have been someone else."

I knew it. Clay sighs again.

"Enough. Go back to your office. Do something useful that does not involve threatening Rabb."

Damn. I knew he wouldn't let me. "Yes, sir."

He smiles at that. "You loved saying that in front of him, didn't you?"

"Loved it," I say cheerfully. "Why can't I call you that all the time? Or at least call you Mr. Webb?"

"We don't do it that way here. You'll get used to it."

I am used to it, but that doesn't mean I like it. "O.K., I'll go back to work, Webb." I go around the desk toward the door.

"Clark." That stops me, and I turn around to see his smile. "I'm glad you were here."

"No problem." Never a problem to do what you want, Clay. I hope you know that, and I think you do. I'll keep showing you.

He nods, releasing me, and I open the door and step out, then close it behind me so that he can have his privacy. I've got work to do, and tonight I'll be with Clayton Webb, and Rabb won't. That's a victory. I've got to remember that.


The End