Title: Stuck Out In The Boonies

Author:
LissaMarie

(MelMarie612@aol.com)

Sites:
http://www.geocities.com/shipperfanfiction and http://www.geocities.com/auharmmacfic/

Rating: PG (vague sexual situation)

Disclaimer: JAG and all its characters belong to DB, and Harm and Mac are brought to life by DJE and CB. I don't own JAG and never will, though if you are offering...

Category: AU, episode-fic (In Country), H/M R

Spoilers: In Country (AU, after mine field)

Archive: BTL (If they're open); anyone else just let me know where you are putting it.

Feedback: I love to receive it, but I don't expect it. Good, bad, and ugly all help me out. You can let me know at MelMarie612@aol.com.

Summary: During "In Country"--The bombs weren't dropped near Harm and Mac's location, and they spend the night.

Author's Note: I wrote this while I was locked out of my apartment waiting for someone to come home with the key. I'm not sure exactly how good it is, but I hope you like it.

The Challenge: From NIC--Shipper challenge: what if Harm and Mac weren't in the hot zone? How would their night have gone?


Stuck Out In The Boonies
By LissaMarie


"It is nice to be in such a quiet place," Mac whispered against Harm's cheek. It was hard to believe that the deserts of Afghanistan could get so cold. She was hardly complaining. Any excuse to get close to her partner was okay with her. "It's hard to remember that there's a war going on out here."

"It is," Harm agreed pulling her closer as he felt her shiver. "Unless you take into account that we're stuck here because of a landmine."

"And a goat. If it wasn't for the goat we would never have left the road," she reminded him as she snuggled deeper into his embrace, seeking warmth that she couldn't seem to find. "Why does it have to be so damn cold out here?"

"It gives you a reason to be close to me?" the handsome Navy commander suggested playfully. *Or me an excuse to be closer to you.*

"Oh yes, Harm. I spend my days and nights just trying to come up with ways that I can get inside your jacket," she shot back hoping that she sounding like she was joking. Though she had never spent 24 hours a day on the idea, she had caught herself doing just as she said once or twice before. *Okay, maybe it was more than twice.*

"At least we can be honest about that," Harm murmured as he turned his head toward hers. Their lips touching was both of their undoing. No matter how many times they touched like this, it always felt like the very first time. "I love you." His voice was deeper than usual with desire.

"I love you, "was her husky reply as she pulled herself on top of him. She straddled his hips while their hands explored one another's bodies. The cold night was forgotten more and more with each piece of clothing that was removed.

* * * *


The next morning was dusty and bright as per the usual desert climate. The military officers helped each other get dressed stealing a kiss every so often. Once they were ready, they became completely professional, but friendly, with one another, just as they had after every night they had spent together in the past. The changed kind of like a bilge switch ().

They mad their way back to camp knowing a great new way to keep warm while stuck out in the boonies.



~The End~


***I really hadn't meant to pull a Chris Carter (The X-Files), but my pen had other ideas. I read this challenge and just had to respond. Let me know what you think at elMarie612@aol.com***