Title: Short and Sweet.

Author: Rising Sun

For feedback e-mail me at:
jagrslc@yahoo.com

For updates on my new FF join:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jagrslc

The FF is archived at:
http://www.geocities.com/jagrslc

Join the Fan Fiction Challenge at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ffchallange/

Rated: R

Summary: Mac dies?

Classification: JAG Story

Disclaimer: JAG characters portrayed belong to JAG, CBS and Paramount Television. No copyright infringement intended. All other characters depicted are purely fictional and any similarities to actual people are purely coincidental.

Feedback: Send it.

Permission to archive: Permission granted.

Story written – October 24, 2002



Short and Sweet.
by Rising Sun


0024 LOCAL
MAC’S APARTMENT

The ringing of the phone finally penetrated the sleep laden brain of Sarah Mackenzie. She rolled over and covered her head with a pillow. Still the ringing was insistent.

Finally she succumbed, disentangled herself and answered what was now enemy number one. "What!"

The ringing continued. How could that be? Even as she started at the receiver in her hand the ringing continued.

Mac sat bolt upright in the bed. The fire alarm had gone off! It had manifested in her dream as the phone ringing. The bedroom was already warm. She moved to the bedroom door and cracked it open. Instantly a lick of fire leaped into the room and ignited her uniform, which was hanging along the wall.

She began to sweat.

The flames leaped from the uniform to any and everything in the room.

She could hear the sirens of the emergency services outside.

Her fear became palatable even as she fought to keep her mounting panic at bay.

She did a quick mental recon. The way to the front door was impassable as the fire raged out there. It was fast reaching critical in the room she occupied. There was no way out.

For a moment she froze completely as the implications seeped into her brain. The smoke was stifling and she could barely see the window. Mac got down onto the floor but she was still inhaling smoke and it was thick. She judged that she was about four feet from the window but didn’t realize that she was already
succumbing to the fumes and she was more like seven feet away.

Not withstanding the distance Mac began to worm her way towards the only opening available despite the fact that it had burglar bars in place.

She never made it.

Half way across the room a burning beam gave way and the attendant ceiling came down with it landing directly on her.

Every emergency worker froze as the blood-curdling scream penetrated the night. "Sweet Jesus." One prayed. "I hope she’s dead."

Having knocked her out; the fire now finding new fuel to feed upon burned with a vengeance: Hair, clothes, skin, bones the all consuming flame left nothing of the Lt. Colonel.

The smoke alarm had long since stopped blaring but the sirens of still more approaching emergency vehicles continue to announce their arrival and to split the night.

The ringing continued incessantly.

Mac sat up in a cold sweat and ignored the phone. She hung her head – it had been a dream. A nightmare to be sure but she was alive.

She reached for the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey!" Harm’s cherry voice rolled down the line. "Only for your birthday will I do this. Can I interest you in a flame broiled burger?"

Mac bleached. "A veggie delight will be just fine thanks."



~*~ END ~*~







True Terror JAG Challenge



What terrifies you the most? Flesh eating bugs? Freddy Kruger? Michael Myers?
Jason Vorhees? PinHead? That lonely mansion up on the hill that has been
abandoned for years?

Your challenge for this Halloween is to take what ever scares you the most, no
matter what it is, and put the JAG characters through it. the more terrifying
the better. this challenge isn't about fluff it's about terror, gut wrenching,
screaming like a girl, faint like a woman terror.