Title: Candy

Author/pseudonym: Caroline Crane

Fandom: JAG/Mutant X crossover

Paring: Jason Tiner/Jesse Kilmartin

Rating: NC17

Status: new

Archive: yes to list archives

E-mail address for feedback:caroline_crane@hotmail.com

Series/Sequel: part 3 of series

Other websites: http://www.geocities.com/carolinecrane

Disclaimers: all hail Bellisario and the folks at JAG for giving me such slashy characters to work with. I'm not making money from my work but I bet Bellisario would be grateful I opted to write a crossover instead of slashing the character his son plays on the show.

Notes: I promised smut in this part since I'm going to be tormenting poor Jason (and by default, Jesse) before long. So here it is, a little smarm before the storm. I did my best, still getting the hang of writing PWP.

Summary: The boys finally find someplace to be alone and connect some more.

Candy
by Caroline Crane

Jason drummed his fingers in time to the beat of whatever song was playing on the car radio and did his best to ignore the warm hand resting on his thigh. The intimacy of the contact surprised him, after all they’d kissed more than once and he knew how Jesse’s hands felt on his body. The simple act of touching while they drove in silence was something he hadn’t experienced in a long time, though, and he was surprised to find he’d missed it. He didn’t even know he could miss something that he hadn’t let himself have in years, but he couldn’t deny that he was enjoying listening to Jesse sing along quietly to the radio as he watched the highway roll by in the darkness. He stole a glance at the blonde and smiled self-consciously when he found Jesse watching him.

"Told you it was a long drive."

"I don’t mind," Jesse answered, his hand leaving Jason’s thigh as he leaned back in the passenger seat and closed his eyes. "Been a long time since I just went for a drive anyway. I don’t have a lot of free time."

Jason resisted the urge to reach over and run his fingers through Jesse’s hair, deciding that keeping both hands on the steering wheel was the safest course of action. The problem was that thinking about safety all the time was starting to wear a little thin, discretion and his public image had always been the driving force in his life but the past few days had made him start to wonder how much longer he could keep this up. It had nothing to do with Jesse, that’s what he’d been telling himself since he went home alone on Wednesday night. This new person in his life was just a symptom like his restlessness and the risks he’d been taking lately. He liked Jesse, maybe a little more than he wanted to but the fact was that he was just another indication that there was something missing in Jason’s life.

He nodded his head in silent agreement with himself and turned off the exit that would take them to his apartment, promising himself that as soon as he got this latest infatuation out of his system he’d get a firmer grip on what he was doing with his life. Feeling lost wasn’t something he’d ever dealt well with, but he’d gotten to the point where he couldn’t even talk to anyone about it anymore. There was a time when he would have called his brother looking for a little sympathy, but he knew by now what his brother would say if he called and told him what was going on. He’d tell Jason exactly what he always told him, that he needed to stop being such a coward and quit hiding behind the uniform. He’d say that Jason was using the Navy as an excuse not to be himself and that if he liked this guy he should go for it and not worry about what anybody thought.

That kind of advice he could live without, he told himself as he turned onto his street. He felt a hand land on the back of his neck and flinched automatically, glancing over at Jesse and swallowing at the hurt look in the other man’s eyes. "Sorry, I kind of zoned out there for a minute. You just surprised me."

"No problem," Jesse answered, his hand leaving Jason’s neck as they pulled into the parking lot of his apartment complex. "Are you sure you’re okay?"

"Positive." Jason pulled into a space outside of his building and shut off the engine before turning to look at Jesse again. "My place is right upstairs. It’s not much but it’s a decent neighborhood. Close to work and all that."

Jesse grinned and let himself out of the car, following Jason up the stairs and waiting patiently while the taller man fumbled with his keys. Finally Jason managed to get the door open and stepped aside to let Jesse in, dropping his keys on the table next to the door as he kicked it shut behind them. He reached for the light switch next to the door and suddenly the living room was bathed in soft light, the familiar setting soothing his nerves a little as he watched Jesse slide his leather jacket off and toss it over the back of the couch. The blonde wandered through the living room, taking in the Spartan décor and running his fingers over the CDs sitting next to Jason’s stereo. He stopped when he found one that interested him and picked up the jewel case, turning on the CD player and letting the opening strains of Soul Coughing’s "Lemon Lime" fill the room before he turned back to the other man.

Jason coughed and looked away when Jesse turned back to him, his face flushing as he realized he’d been staring. "Do you want a beer or something?" he asked, taking a few steps toward the tiny galley kitchen off the living room.

"No thanks," Jesse answered, rounding the couch again to lean against the arm closest to Jason. "Nice place."

"Thanks," Jason said automatically, his gaze wandering over the beat-up second-hand couch he’d picked up for fifty bucks from a sailor that was restationed to Okinawa and the TV his parents had donated to his scant collection of belongings when he enlisted. "The life of a Petty Officer isn’t exactly glamorous."

Jesse laughed softly as Jason’s gaze returned to rest on his own. "Depends on your perspective, I guess. Sometimes ‘normal’ is more glamorous than most people give it credit for."

"Yeah? And your life is that abnormal?" Jason asked, one eyebrow raised as he crossed the short distance between them to stop in front of the other man. He didn’t know anything about Jesse, really, not where he lived or even his last name. He kept alluding to this complicated life he led, though, and Jason wasn’t sure if he should be nervous about that or relieved that he’d met someone that could understand his own need for discretion.

For a moment Jesse’s blue eyes clouded, but then he blinked and whatever Jason thought he’d seen for a moment was gone. "Let’s just say it doesn’t get boring very often," he answered, his hands landing on Jason’s hips to pull him closer.

Jason swallowed the questions he wanted to ask about the other man’s life and let Jesse pull him forward, his hands on the blonde’s shoulders as he leaned forward and fused their lips together. He felt the familiar surge of recognition at the feeling of soft lips and the tongue teasing his mouth open, his hands trailing through the blonde hair he was quickly growing fond of as he gave himself over to the sweet taste of Jesse. They’d been building up to this moment for too long, and his whole body was crying out for more even as he tried to keep himself from pushing too far too fast. He didn’t want to rush anything, he wanted to remember every detail of what could very well be their only night together.

The more he found himself wanting there to be more than one night the more he knew it was a bad idea, but they had tonight and he wasn’t planning to waste it. He smiled at the taste of citrus and peppermint on Jesse’s tongue, deciding that it was a combination he could definitely get used to. A groan escaped his throat as Jesse pulled back a little, sucking Jason's bottom lip between his teeth. Before Jason realized what he was doing his hands were on the blonde’s arms, lifting him off the arm of the couch and pulling him toward the short hallway that led to his bedroom. They broke apart when they reached the door to his room, their faces flushed as they gasped for breath. "I’ll, uh, be right back," Jason mumbled as he pulled away from the warmth of Jesse’s body and turned toward the tiny bathroom.

He dug around in the cabinet over the sink, glancing back over his shoulder once and groaning as he watched Jesse pull his shirt over his head and drop it on the floor next to the bed. Finally he found the box of condoms and a tube of lube he hadn’t used in far too long, pulling a condom out of the box and palming it along with the lube. He took a deep breath before he turned back to the bedroom, willing his pulse to slow down as he took in the sight of Jesse, shirtless and stretched out on his bed. He was holding a picture of Jason and his brother that he kept on his nightstand, a grin playing across his features as he looked from the picture back to Jason.

"So this is what you look like at work every day?" Jesse asked, raising his eyebrows as Jason knelt next to him on the bed and reached for the picture.

"That’s from back when I first enlisted, but yeah. That’s one of my uniforms, there are a few different looks."

"Oh, this I gotta see. You’ve gotta put that thing on for me sometime, I mean the picture’s nice and all but I want to see the real thing."

Jason laughed and set the picture back down before he turned back to Jesse, his heart in his throat as their eyes met. Sometime – so there would be more than one time, then. His heart rate sped up a little more and he took another moment to look down at the man stretched out on his bed, one hand reaching out of its own accord and trailing down Jesse’s smooth chest. "You’re not just using me because you’ve got a thing for uniforms, are you?" he teased, watching the progress of his hand as he splayed his fingers across Jesse’s abdomen.

"No," Jesse answered, and something about his tone made Jason look up again. When their eyes met Jason sucked in a sharp breath, his heart skipping a beat at the earnest look in Jesse’s eyes. "No, Jason, I’m not using you. The uniform’s a nice fringe benefit, though."

His features relaxed into a grin again and Jason found himself smiling back as Jesse sat up and began tugging the other man’s sweater over his head. Jason yanked the sweater off and dropped it behind him before leaning back over Jesse, straddling the other man’s hips as their mouths connected again. He’d never been comfortable with the semantics of new relationships, all that getting to know you conversation was something he usually avoided because he wasn’t any good at it. He’d learned a long time ago that bonding wasn’t his forte, so he kept mainly to himself and the few people that did know him learned quickly not to push him to talk when he felt cornered. This, though, this was a language he could speak.

His hands left Jesse’s chest to trail down his abdomen again, slipping the button at the top of Jesse’s jeans out of its hole as he trailed his mouth down the blonde’s jaw line. He smiled at the moan that escaped Jesse’s throat as he slid his zipper down and slipped a hand inside the denim. His fingers closed around hard heat as Jesse’s groan of approval shifted to a low, throaty moan, his hips thrusting up convulsively as Jason stroked him through the thin cotton of his boxers. This was what Jason had been waiting for, the part of whatever it was between them that he could control. He pulled his hand free and tugged Jesse’s jeans down his hips, reaching for his boxers and pushing them down too. Once they reached his knees Jesse kicked his way out of the constrictive material and let Jason pull him to the edge of the mattress, his fingers threading through dark hair as Jason knelt between his knees.

Jason looked up and smiled at the pink flush spreading up Jesse’s throat and into his cheeks, taking a moment to admire the glassy, slightly unfocused blue eyes before he leaned up and buried his face in the other man’s neck. He opened his mouth against Jesse’s throat and grazed the soft skin with his teeth as his hand closed around Jesse’s erection and began to stroke slowly. His lips trailed down the other man’s chest to close around a nipple, evoking a sharp hiss from the blonde as his tongue teased hard flesh. The fingers wrapped in Jason’s hair tightened as Jesse lost himself in a wave of pleasure, his hands struggling to guide the mouth teasing him to where he needed it. Finally Jason took pity on him and began moving down his chest again, planting soft kisses across the smooth skin of his stomach. He paused and breathed in the musky scent of Jesse’s arousal before flicking his tongue out to tease the slick head, glancing up one more time before he closed his lips around Jesse and swallowed him whole.

"Oh fuck," Jesse purred as Jason’s mouth enveloped him in moist heat, that expert tongue teasing him on each upstroke. One of Jason’s hands still gripped the base of Jesse’s cock, stroking in time to the movements of his mouth as Jesse struggled not to thrust up into the warmth engulfing him. Jason’s free hand moved from the mattress to hold Jesse’s hips still, restricting the blonde’s movement as much as possible as he slowed his pace to an agonizing rhythm. He listened to each change in Jesse’s breathing, every sound he made as Jason teased him with his tongue or lingered on a particularly sensitive spot. He knew his fingers were gripping the other man’s hip hard enough to bruise, but if Jesse noticed it didn’t stop him from struggling desperately to thrust.

"Jason, please," Jesse gasped, his eyes flying open as Jason slowed to an impossible pace. "Gotta come, please…"

Jason’s own aching erection twitched as he listened to Jesse beg for release and he knew neither of them would last much longer if he kept this up. He slid his mouth as far down Jesse’s length as he could and hollowed his cheeks, relishing the feeling of Jesse’s fingers wrapping too tightly in his hair as the blonde moaned his release. He swallowed around Jesse’s length, his mouth still moving slowly as Jesse twitched and panted for breath. Finally he pulled off the other man and leaned up, capturing Jesse’s mouth with his. He could still taste citrus and peppermint, mingled now with the vaguely bitter taste that was purely Jesse. Strong hands closed around his biceps as their tongues slid together, then Jason was being pulled back onto the bed. He let out a low groan as Jesse’s hands began working on his jeans, pushing them down along with his boxers.

Once the rest of his clothes hit the floor Jason found Jesse’s mouth again, his hips thrusting against the other man’s as he blindly sought his own release. Jesse tore his mouth away from Jason’s and glanced over at the nightstand where Jason had dropped the condom before he turned back to meet the other man’s lust-dazed expression.

"Yeah?" Jason murmured, his brain struggling to catch up with him as he watched Jesse reach for the condom and the lube.

"Oh yeah," Jesse answered, a smirk turning up the corners of his mouth as he watched Jason’s eyes widen in anticipation. He pushed gently on Jason’s hip until the other man rolled a little away from him, their gazes still locked together and he tore open the condom wrapper and slid the latex down Jason’s length. A tortured groan escaped Jason’s throat at the contact, the sound quickly shifting to a moan as Jesse’s hand left and then returned a moment later to coat the condom with lube. Jason struggled to focus on not coming just from the feeling of Jesse’s hand moving up and down his length, his gaze unfocused as he reached out with a trembling hand and picked up the tube of lube.

Jesse licked his lips as he watched Jason rub the clear substance between his fingers to warm it up, then he flipped onto his stomach and spread his legs as far as he could. Jason took a moment to breathe, struggling to regain control so this wouldn’t end before it even started. It had been way too long since he did this, and no matter how many times he jerked off it couldn’t compare to having this amazing creature stretched out in his bed, breathless just from Jason’s touch. Slowly he ran his hand down Jesse’s perfect back, marveling at the smooth, nearly hairless skin. He let his fingers play across a small birthmark at the base of Jesse’s spine, leaning over to plant a soft kiss on the spot before he let his hand travel further down. "Beautiful," he breathed before he could stop himself, his cheeks flushing as he heard the sound of his own voice.

Jesse’s only response was a soft moan as Jason’s fingers finally found their mark, first one and then a second sliding easily inside. Jason’s free hand clamped down on the base of his erection to hold off his inevitable release as he watched his fingers sinking into the other man, his breath coming in short, hitching gasps as he found the spot deep inside the blonde that made him gasp and thrust back into Jason’s hand. "More," he moaned, nearly choking on the single syllable. "Please, Jason, I need you…"

Jason groaned and pulled his hand away from Jesse’s body to kneel between his legs, taking a deep breath and sinking into velvet warmth in one long stroke. He paused and held his breath as Jesse clenched around him, time spinning to a halt as he waited for the other man to adjust to the sudden intrusion. When Jesse finally started moving against him he knew he’d never last long enough, it would be over way too soon but there was no way he could hold off any more. His hands gripped Jesse’s hips as they began to move together, blood pounding against Jason’s ears as he watched the body moving under his. His thrusts began to pick up speed and too soon he felt himself tensing, thrusting once and then a final time into the other man before he lost control and moaned his release.

When he finally came back to himself and slipped out of Jesse to collapse on his mattress he realized that at some point Jesse had come again, Jason’s spent cock twitching almost painfully at the thought. He caught his breath and stood up, crossing to the bathroom to toss the condom and find something to clean them both up. He returned with a warm washcloth and carefully cleaned Jesse, keeping his attention focused on the task at hand and not the pair of blue eyes watching him. When he finished he tossed the washcloth in his laundry basket and pulled the sheets back, swallowing the rush of fear mingled with some other emotion he couldn’t quite put his finger on as he watched Jesse settle against his pillow.

He slid between the sheets and settled against the other man, telling himself that he didn’t have much choice considering it was a double bed. He didn’t want to enjoy having Jesse lying next to him, but he couldn’t stop himself from listening to the other man’s breathing as it evened out. Then the warm body next to his stirred and turned toward him, one of Jesse’s legs tangling with his as the blonde opened his eyes and looked at Jason. "Thanks," he murmured, one hand reaching out to push a lock of sweat-dampened hair away from Jason’s forehead.

Jason smiled in spite of himself and settled a little further into his pillow, resting his head on his arm as he watching Jesse fight to keep his eyes open. The other man’s hand left his hair to trail down his cheek, finally coming to rest on Jason’s chest. He watched Jesse’s eyelids flutter, barely making out long lashes moving against pale skin in the darkness of his bedroom. Something in his chest tightened and he swallowed hard against the sudden ache, his body tensing as he fought the wave of emotion washing over him. Jesse’s eyes opened again and his hand flattened against Jason’s chest, concern shining in his expression even in the darkness. "What?"

"Nothing," Jason answered, struggling to keep his voice even. He had years of practice in keeping his emotions from taking over, and before Jesse roused himself completely from sleep the ache was gone and Jason managed a smile. "Everything’s fine, go to sleep."

Jesse frowned and moved a little closer, tilting his mouth up to brush his lips against Jason’s. He lingered for a long moment, his lips parting to let Jason taste him again. Then he pulled away and reached for the other man’s arm, wrapping it around his waist and burying his face in Jason’s chest. A few minutes later Jesse’s breathing was shallow again, his chest rising and falling in even intervals as Jason traced a slow pattern on Jesse’s back with his fingers. He swallowed against the lump in his throat and closed his eyes, telling himself that everything would make sense again in the morning. Only he could still taste the mingled flavors of citrus and peppermint on his tongue, and he wasn’t sure if he was ever going to get that out of his system.

Phantom kisses buzzing like the insects.
Beads of sweat dripping down on the rent check.
My Candyland melted down to syrup while I
Watched the water roll down.

And here comes the lust in phase,
but you're down in Marietta.
So sweet my mouth was seared,
But the words you mouthed were sweeter.

-- "Soft Serve", Soul Coughing

The End