Guys Like Us 3

by Danii

Part 3 of the BTVS TIM crossover.

hope you folks are liking it. This bit isn't very good. In fact, it mostly is filler explaining stuff that you kinda need to pick up on. But it's not that bad. I had to get somehting out. Anyway, the next part will be better, and longer, and hopefully won't be as hard to write. I will probably revise this... Anyway, hope you like.

Disclaimer: I own no one.

Warning: NOT BETA READ...Written quickly

Please Feedback... HuffPuff1228@yahoo.com

 

Guys Like Us 3
by Danii


Well, he thought as Darien and the others discussed something or other, I’m going to have to rework the whole thing. Xander was a little mad at his uncle about that. The Official, while telling him about the Keeper accompanying him during the investigation in order to help him with his little "problem", had neglected to say anything about two other agents coming. It had taken a lot of effort to sound calm and cool in the office, especially since he’d found out about his new partners at the same time they had. And he hadn’t figured them into his cover story. But it only took a minute to formulate something.

"All right," Xander said, interrupting them from their discussion, "Now for what you guys will be pretending to be: some family members of mine who have just taken an apartment in Sunnydale for a while…"

"Where are we gonna get the money for that?" Hobbes asked, his face screwed up in cynical expression. Xander didn’t blame him for being a bit skeptical. The Agency’s lack of funds was one of its best-known feature.

The young Agent grimaced. "Just let me worry about it…" And worry he would. He’d have to delve into his stash, the special little account he’d been working on for years. He didn’t even want to think of all the freelance work he’d done to raise it all. Uncle C WOULD reimburse him at least 25% or he would…do something damned troublesome. He was just happy that
the death rate kept Sunnydale real estate cheap.

"Now, you, Darien, will be my cousin…feel free to make up the rest of your life as you see fit," Xander said, his mind a bit occupied with financial concerns, "Hobbes, you’re my uncle. Try to act mildly drunk and they’ll believe anything you say…"

Hobbes gave him an odd look, then nodded. He could do undercover. He was great at undercover.

"And Claire, you are my Aunt."

At the look of surprise and near horror that crossed her features, Xander assured her, "Who is not married to Uncle Bobby…"

The Keeper looked relieved, and then tried to cover it as Bobby Hobbes stared at her angrily. Darien and Xander both just smiled. Xander had a feeling that the little scene would be referred to in the future, probably during a spat. But Xander did have to move on, and so he put a stern expression on his face and continued.

"As to the mission." The young Agent said, "We are here to discover exactly who was in the Initiative that shouldn’t have been, how Adam was tampered with, and what exactly was done to his programming."

"And that shouldn’t be too hard…" Darien put in sarcastically.

The Sunnydale native shot him a look, then went on.

"Now, not only do we have to do this, but we have to do this so that: one, no one discovers that I’m an Agent; and two, survive. During your time here, you will carry at least one stake, one cross of moderate size, and one bottle of holy water. And that is an order…"

Bobby, Darien, and Claire shared a look. It couldn’t be good that survival was actually mentioned as a mission statement. And if the kid was really serious enough about the vampires and demons to insist on such supplies to be carried on their persons 24/7 it had to
be important. The little voices within them that had balked at hearing of vampires being a reality were beginning to slowly become mute.

"Now let me introduce you to my friends…" Xander said, pulling out several files from his carryon bag. He handed one to Darien, one to Hobbes, and one to Claire, leaving a few in his hands. "Darien, the one you hold is on one Miss Buffy Summers, who is the Slayer I mentioned before. Her entire file is there, though I suggest you simply read the summary I wrote on the first page. It states all the really important things. Same thing with you two. Bobby, you have the
file on Miss Willow Rosenberg, a witch who happens to have been my best friend since childhood. The third file, which you hold, Claire, is on Mr. Rupert Giles, who is Buffy’s Watcher and former librarian of Sunnydale High School. They are my best friends, not to mention some of the greatest heroes this world has ever seen, and if any of you do anything to hurt them for any reason, I will make sure several bad, painful things happen to you in ways you probably can’t even comprehend. Understand?"

The two Agents and the Keeper nodded silently, comprehending the cold glare in the young man’s eyes more than the words themselves. But as they began to read their files, Darien’s head popped up from between the folder and he asked Xander good-naturedly, "So all this is real?"

Xander grimaced, then smiled. He really had to be a little more tolerant of the disbelief of his partners. It was perfectly normal. He was expecting them to believe some crazy stuff in a short period of time with only his word to back it up. So it really wasn’t all that wild that they were having a hard time of it, even if one of them had the ability to turn invisible.

"Yeah, it’s all true…" Xander replied, putting his head back onto the plane headrest, "I could tell you a few stories that are a little more interesting than that file if you need a little proof…"

The sometimes-invisible Agent smiled back at him, then followed Xander as he sat back, "Yeah, I think that would help…I mean, vampires? Werewolves? Witchcraft?"

"Yup"

There was silence for a moment, and then Xander asked, "So what would you like to hear about? My hyena possession? The 6-inch tall fear demon? Buffy’s robot wannabe step-dad? My romantic experiences with a giant praying mantis? The several times my friends and I saved the world?"

Fawkes’ eyebrows shot up in surprise, then he let out a laugh. "Your choice…I wouldn’t even know where to begin…"

"Then how about a little tale involving me, a substitute teacher, and her true form as a giant
bug-lady…"

**

The four of them landed a few hours later, each of them in a worse mood then when they’d lifted off. It wasn’t the ride. The trip had been smooth and the landing perfect. It wasn’t the company. In fact, over the plane ride, the little group had gotten far more comfortable and friendly with each other. Nor was it the weather. As they stepped off of the plane, they were swept into a cool Sunnydale night. It was the destination.

Hobbes was skeptical about the whole thing, but that didn’t keep him from being afraid. He was a paranoid S.O.B, and the kid’s assurances of that being a good thing in the town of Sunnydale did nothing to ease his fears.

Darien was a little worried. From the many stories that Xander had told (with much aplomb, flair and humor) he had a better idea than the others as to what they were going to be facing in this little town, and it made him thank God above that he had that gland. It was kind of comforting to know that he could turn invisible. And he knew he’d be doing it quite a bit in Sunnydale.

Claire was a little scared, but mostly intrigued. She was completely amazed at the variety of demons the files had contained. She’d read each one carefully, and the sheer number and variety had astounded her. Not that she was any Dr. Walsh. She had no interest in that respect; she was just interested in the medical properties the demons might posses. But she was also interested in her newest Agent. The Official hadn’t told her much about his problem, but it seemed intriguing. His powers were interesting, and the recent changes in them deeply fascinating. She couldn’t wait to work on him. But the thing that most attracted her was the file on Rupert Giles. He seemed like an extraordinary man, and she couldn’t wait to talk to him and discuss demonology, among other things. She also found the picture attached to the file to have been rather handsome…

Xander wasn’t too happy to see his hometown, and all the horrible crap that came with it. In fact, the only reason his baggage hadn’t flown out of his way was the thought of seeing her again…Buffy. His mind pulled up the memory of the smell of her hair, and the color of her eyes. The wonderful feel of her skin touching his. The swell of her-But he brushed the thoughts from his mind and focused on what he had to.

There was no one to pick them up at the airport, which wasn’t surprising since none of the Scooby gang was aware he had ever left. It was something he was used to. Leaving and coming back without his "friends" even noticing he’d been gone. It was helpful for his work not having to make up stories for his departures, but it hurt him every time he arrived back at home without a person knowing he was gone. But again, he had no time to dwell on this old complaint. He had to get them home. Or at least, a hotel that didn’t have more roaches than occupants…

END PART 3
TBC

I know it wasn't that good, but I had to get something out...
Send all Feedback to HuffPuff1228@yahoo.com