The Web

by asiksta69

HOGAN'S HEROES

Pairing: Klink/omc, Hogan/OMC

Catagory: Yes, yes, yes, this is SLASH. Bold and beautiful M/M, but one never knows when the occasional female might show up - variety being the spice of life and all.

Warning: Oh, and D/s reins Supreme!! Don't like it, whip me, beat me, make me write bad fiction! That said, if you have any hang ups with the content, you have the right not to read. Please for once in your life do the right thing, do not read this, or write to tell me your thoughts - funny as they are - i really don`t want a debate about it.

Note: Well all you Unsung , or perhaps, Well Hung Heroes out there. .Here's a different take on the formation of Hogan's WWII operations in Germany. It's my world, and like the quote says - "Welcome to it", or not…either way, what bliss!

Disclaimer: i don't own any of the original Hogan's Heroes characters, all others are mine. With of course an exception, ( isn't there always an exception to the rule), but it's in the author's notes at the end. So… wait for…. it This is strictly for my own deranged pleasure. i have no plans on infringement or any of that other rubbish. Though i do believe the boys will have much more fun playing my games. i receive no monies for this, with the exception of the times i write this at work. i don't think that really counts - trust me - i see my paychecks.

Acknowledgments: i would like to thank some individuals: M'Lady Xanthe, Who's Wonderful Fan Fiction has made me realize a slice of heaven can be anywhere you write it. If you haven't read Mistress Xanthe's works - SPANKS to you ;-P Vyper, aka; Wench of Satan, one can only imagine the darkness of the catacombs where her brilliant story lines reside, again if you haven't read her stories shame on you. >8^}

An extremely huge, humble, on my knees, boot worshipping thanks to Master Nev, my Beta-Tyrant, without Who's help and encouragement this story would still be churning round and round in my head. Perhaps that's the way it should have stayed, but where would the fun in that have been. `Life is a Cabaret' boys and girls, enjoy it.

Feedback: If you so desire - and believe you me, i'd enjoy it immensely - can be sent to: asiksta69@yahoo.com

Archiving: Ask first and Ye may receive.

Rating: NC-17 over all, but the first few chapters are no more than PG-13 at best.



The Web
by asiksta69



Somewhere outside of Hammelburg, Germany, 1942

Hogan woke from a daunting sleep. He needed to eat. He needed a shower. He wasn't certain when the last time he had done either had been. He wasn't even sure if it was morning or night, for that matter what day it was. The only thing he was sure of was that the Major's words were of promise…. not threat.

*

Luft-Stalag 13, Hammelburg, Germany, 1942 (the beginning)

The sun had barely begun to meet the morning sky as the prisoners lined up for roll call. Hogan noticed an unfamiliar staff car parked in the compound. Turning to glare at his men, "Why wasn't I….. told of our newest arrival?"

"Sorry mon Colonel, I must have dosed off last night." Lebeau replied, kicking at the dirt below his feet where his gaze had fallen.

"I'll forgive you this time, but try not to let it happen again."

Smirking, with his infamous eye roll, Hogan turned and stood in his assigned spot as the rotund Sgt. Shultz called for silence and began the count. On cue Kommandant Klink marched down the office steps and began his normal morning speech. There was something slightly off about the German Colonel, but Hogan couldn't put his finger on it. The voice was stronger - not as whiney, and his posture was out of kilter, he stood taller - not his usual slouch. Klink seemed…. Excited? He pondered this for a moment, then with a shrug of his shoulders Hogan put it out of his mind and busied it with other matters, such as who was the owner of the car and what was he doing here.

Klink's ` Dismissed !' was finally shouted and in his now usual fashion Hogan headed toward the Kommandant. Hogan's men headed back to their home - barracke 2.

"Colonel Hogan….Colonel HOGAN!," Shultz wheezed loudly from the exertion to catch up to him before he could reach Col. Klink. "Colonel Hogan, The Kommandant wanted me to tell you he is not to be disturbed this morning for any reason… and that he would like to see you in his office at noon."

"Ok, Shultz…. So who's car?"

"Some big shot SS Major. The Kommandant seems to know him but I've never heard of him…Major Iksjowlheim. He seems very interested in Stalag 13 for some reason"

"Interested in our tiny slice of heaven. Who wouldn't be? What seems to be his interest?"

"Colonel, he asks many, many questions about the camp and the prisoners."

"What kind of questions Shultz?"

"I know nothing, nothing, I've said too much already."

Hogan knew he wasn't getting anything more from Shultz on this subject.

"Major Iksjowlheim you say, never heard of him myself, but then I don't get out much." With a wink and a nod Hogan was striding off in the direction of the barrackes. Shultz watched the American Colonel's back as he moved away. Shaking his head while putting his rifle over his shoulder, Sgt. Shultz went about his morning routine bothered by an ominous paranoia.

The Sergeant of the Guard wasn't the only one who had followed the back of the retreating American though. Iksjowlheim stood watching out the window of Kommandant Klink's office window. His piercing emerald green eyes grew with excitement as they took in the whole scene.

The door of the office opened and Colonel Wilhelm Klink entered quietly and quickly. Having closed and locked the door, he stood in front of his desk at perfect attention with eyes lowered - waiting. His body was buzzing with adoration and anticipation - his Master was here at Stalag 13, in his office. In all their years together the thrill of closeness to this man never diminished. The Major looked the same now as the day Klink offered and committed his body, mind and soul to him - he had no regrets about his decision to serve this man.

The Major slowly walked over to where the Colonel stood and placed his right hand on the back of Klink's neck - squeezing it as he spoke.

"So wilhelm, this is your home away from home. Not too…. unpleasant. You have made me proud, keeping yourself safe during this dreadfully stupid war. Though you do need to take better care of yourself. I shall put together a program of diet and exercise that you will follow. Understood!"

"Yes, Major, Danke Herr Major!"

Wilhelm could feel the stimulating warm breath of the man as he spoke these kind words into his left ear. He was unsure he could keep up his pose if that hand didn't stop roughly rubbing his neck while listening to that tone of voice . There was nothing this man could do to him that didn't elicit desire beyond belief, and the knowledge of which so pleased them both. The Major released Klink's neck and moved to sit behind the desk.

"You have cleared your morning for me colonel," The Major stated. Wilhelm nodded. "Excellent, it has been way to long since we have had any…quality time together. I shall see you shortly in your quarters. Run along now and get things ready like a good little German, I have a bit of work here to do before joining you."

With the dismissal Klink bowed, did a perfect about face and headed off to carry out his orders.

***********

The Heroes had gathered themselves around the coffee pot/radio, that was wired into Klink's office, hoping to gather some info that might be useful.

"What the heck was that all about," Carter muttered, waiting patiently for his buddy to deal him his hand.

"Who's the heavy Colonel," voiced Kinch shifting in his chair to get more comfortable.

"Seems `ol Klinks got imself a new boss," chimed in Newkirk, shuffling the card deck that never seemed to leave his hands.

"Oui, a tad pushy if you ask me," Lebeau huffed while crossing his arms. But the conversation in Klink's office or lack of it reminded Louis of a time in Paris, smiling inwardly to himself he quietly waited to see what the Colonel had to say.

Leaning against one of the bunks, in his customary fashion, Hogan was taking in all he had heard. The picture of Klink at roll call now haunted him. Dismissing the errant thoughts that bombarded his mind, he decided on a course of action.

"The Major does seem to have some pull with the Kommandant. Shultz said Klink knew him, his name is Iksjowlheim. Doesn't ring a bell with me… Kinch, get on the radio with London - see what they can tell us about Klink's new guest.."

"Right away Colonel." Kinch went over to the bunk on the far wall and tapped the edge twice. The bunk opened letting the sizeable black Sergeant enter the tunnels beneath.

"What should we do Sir?"

"Well Carter, for the moment, nothing. But I am looking forward to my 12 o'clock meeting." Pouring himself a cup of coffee Hogan headed
to his room and the others went about life as usual.


pt. 2

The Quarters of Wilhelm Klink, Luft-Stalag 13

Klink's whole being was a mass of incongruent thoughts. A visit from the man he had pledged his life to was unexpected. The war had been such an upheaval of everyone's lives - and none for the good - many men and women had already been killed for nothing more than their beliefs or styles of life. Hitler had to be stopped, he was a mad man… What does Hogan call him…oh yes, `Old Bubblehead,' Hogan had a way with words. A broad smile lighted Klink's face at the thought of Col. Hogan. Since the arrival of the American Colonel, Klink's assignment had become less difficult, no more escapes to explain to Berlin, the camp was running smoothly, even the prisoners' moral was high. Hogan was doing an excellent job with the men in his charge, exemplary in fact - yet he could be so irritatingly flippant and generally disrespectful - as Kommandant he really should do something about that, but Hogan's charm and handsome features more than made up for his irritating conduct. Klink gave himself a mental slap for that line of thinking. This was not the moment for his own personal fantasy, there were more important things that needed to be done. It was extremely necessary to Klink, that Major Iksjowlheim was finding everything here at Stalag 13, `up to snuff`, as the British say.

With this in mind, and not knowing how much time was granted him, he went about completing his tasks. Heading first to his room, Klink pushed the dresser aside, knelt down and removed several floor boards - revealing a sturdy wooden chest. The smell of Spanish cedar and well kept leather enveloped him as he pushed the lid back. He carefully transferred the contents of the chest to the bed and began preparing himself mentally for his Master's arrival.

Removing his clothing, Klink neatly hung up his uniform, then discarded his shirt and under garments in the laundry hamper. Picking up a few items from the bed, Klink headed for the bathroom. Many of the daily practices of preparation - he had been taught during his service with the Major - were still possible even in these uncertain and prejudiced times. He kept his body meticulously clean inside and out, and when possible, still wore the anal plugs - a gift from the Major after one of his many trips away from the estate. Wilhelm's body was remembering every rule, every caress, every biting sting he had lovingly received as he slipped the altered black leather up his legs, relishing the feel of the glove tight pants. For the first time since taking command of Luft-Stalag 13, Klink felt at home.



Kommandant's Office, Luft-Stalag 13

The Major finished reading the last of the prisoners' dossiers. His wilhelm was doing a remarkable job running the operation at this end. It was astounding what had been accomplished, so far there was very little concrete evidence against the men who served or were imprisoned here. From all the gathered information, it seemed no one suspected the Kommandant of being anything but an incompetent, weak willed, paper pushing fool. If they only knew how unbelievably talented his precious one was. Pleased with himself, Iksjowlheim moved over to the window and leaned against the sill. He watched as a group of prisoners mulled around the outside of barracke 2; images of the American Colonel flashed through his brain, bringing a rush of blood to his cock. `Soon my dear Robert, very soon' - but first, there were other things that needed his attention - with a predatory grin he glanced down at his uniform, checked his gig line, and left Klink's office.

In the outer office, the pretty young secretary was putting away personnel files the Major had finished with, when from behind, Major Iksjowlheim had sidled up and trapped her against the large cabinet, pressing his body tightly against hers. Helga felt an ice cold shiver of excitement run through her body as goose flesh covered her skin. The Major's voice cooed in her ear.

"Thank you so much for all your help, dear. Your kindness shall not be forgotten. I will most certainly tell the Kommandant how accommodating you have been to me." After breathing in the scent of the girl, the Major turned and walked out the door.

"Danke, Herr Major," was all Helga could utter. Peculiar…. there was only one other person that made her body quiver both with excitement and an odd sense of danger. She would need to keep her guard up around Major Iksjowlheim - Col. Hogan was enough of a handful for one war.



Quarters of Wilhelm Klink, Luft-Stalag 13

The Major entered Klink's private quarters, shut the door, then staring possessively he turned his attention to the Kommandant. He would never tire at the sight of a willing submissive - what an arousing vision. How he missed his property; this damn war! He would make the people responsible pay for the damage it caused. The operation was in place and active. The upper echelon had agreed to his terms, not only letting him use his own men, but sending in personnel that would work well within his system. The Major could employ any means necessary to get the job done - and so far all was progressing quite well - just one more… But time enough for that later, his time here was limited and this bit of R&R was needed before the newest and perhaps most - problematical round of negotiations began.

His sweet wilhelm seemed as still as a statue, kneeling up in the center of the room. The only movement was the calm rise and fall of his breath - always the perfectionist this one. His naked torso, long and lean, head slightly bowed, eyes lowered, oh how the Major was going to delight in his time here. wilhelm's arms were outstretched, his palms offering up the riding crop he always carried. Below his arms were leather covered legs with knees spread wide, as he had been taught and intended, revealed his obvious anticipation.

"wilhelm, attend me!"

The kneeling man, with a grace no one would have expected, glided from his position on the floor in the center of the room to kneel in the same manner in front of the Major.

"Mien Gott" was all that the kneeling man said.

His hands were relieved of the crop, and placed face up on his wide spread knees. The crop caressed his face like so many light kisses, then slowly moved down his neck, roaming the expanse of his chest; Klink thought he would not be able to control himself.

"Mien Gott, please., it has been too long since…." Klink's pleading words were cut short as the crop lashed out to find his up turned hands. Only after several cracks of the crop to each hand, did Klink dare speak.

"Bitte verzeinhen mein Gott, mir. Was Ihr Wunsch ist?"

"That's better my dearest. Let's see now…What is my pleasure? Why you of course, mein kleines", stroking Klink's head with his hand, "now help me out of these clothes, we have much catching up to do."

Klink rose and unbuttoned the Major's uniform jacket, hung it up, then undid the buttons of his dress shirt. The shirt was still tucked in, so he carefully pulled it free and hung it up as well. The Major grabbed hold of Klink, bringing their lips together in a brutal and much hungered for kiss. Releasing the other man only when his lungs could no longer retain him, "I have missed you, wilhelm," was the last thing the Major said as he led Klink to the bed in the other room.



The Web pt 3

Private Quarters of Senior POW Officer, Barracke 2, Luft-Stalag 13 Laying in his bunk, Hogan wondered if he should have been tougher on Lebeau at roll call this morning. Sure they were new to this assignment, and this had been a huge undertaking; organizing the tunnels and routes of escape, finding which guards could be used for what, getting Klink to somewhat befriend Hogan. ( Though on reflection that had been the least of his problems ). Locating and opening communications with underground cells already operating in the area, putting his personal team together and convincing the rest of the camp to cooperate - now that had been a plain miracle. He still didn't have the cooperation or the trust of all the resistance cells in the area, and his men weren't fully cohesive yet, though they were improving. Knowing you are a POW by choice not chance, didn't make it any easier for them.

Hogan knew from the start that this command was going to be complex and dangerous, that's why he was so elated when he was chosen to head this operation. Not only was he well trained in espionage and linguistics, but he could think very quickly on his feet, talking his way out of anything. He had once been compared to a used car salesman by his instructors. He despised this association, and hoped it was a vast underestimation of his true talents. It had been bad enough that his young age and `boyish' good looks were a source of amusement for some of his classmates - Hogan had ignored them. One of his favorite quotes came to mind…

`I am more resolute because all have denied me than I could ever have been had all accepted me, I heed not and have never heeded either experience, cautions, majorities, nor ridicule'.

Stalag 13 was his command and he was determined to make the men that sent him realize he had been the best choice. He knew this was to be the true test of his mettle and he was willing to go the distance, no matter what or where it took him.

Hogan decided to let Kinch handle Lebeau. Kinch after all was his right hand man, and it would be in the best interest of his men to have someone else to take orders from and look-up to should anything happen to their Colonel. From day one, Hogan accepted all that was required of him from this job with robust enthusiasm. He would never admit it - but if truth be told - he enjoyed the rush of adrenaline that occurred in the thick of things. The constant fear of exposure throughout missions always thrilled him. Fear and intimacy were not strange bedfellows - they fed on each other - fed each other. Much like the feeling of another person's hot body against his own. That was an interesting thought…images of the people he had been intimate with cascaded through his head. A knock on the door roused him from his sordid musings.

"Come"

Hearing the Colonel, Sergeant Kinchloe entered the small room. "So Kinch, what's the word on our man," Hogan inquired as he hopped off his bunk and straightened his uniform.

"Well Colonel, London said that the information was for your eyes only. You'll have to wait till 1700hrs though, that's the next time they're sending any transmissions."

"My eyes only? Wonder what's up?"

"London did pass on a message for you Colonel, not sure what to make of it though." The Sergeant unfolded a small piece of paper and handed it to his superior.

Hogan held the slip of paper in his hand and read it aloud.

"Camerado, this is no book,/ Who touches this touches a man,/ (Is it night? Are we here together alone?) It is I you hold and who holds you./ Time to visit Wonderland Alice…White Rabbit."

James Kinchloe stood watching Hogan's facial _expression for some signs of an explanation, but it seemed none was forthcoming. "Colonel, what's the message mean, I`m not familiar with this code?"

"It's not a military code - it's a quote from Walt Whitman, just some counsel from a friend," with a mischievous grin spreading across his face, Hogan clasped his friend by the shoulder, "Kinch, one thing's for sure, I better be on the look out for Cheshire cats, Cabbages and Kings. Speaking of which, I'm hungry, come on, let`s see what Lebeau's made for lunch."

More confused than ever by his Commander and friend, Kinch allowed himself to be lead out of the room and away from any more discussion of the cryptic message.

**********

Office of Kommandant Klink, Luft-Stalag 13

"The Big Man in," Hogan inquired as he sauntered over to where Helga was seated. Nuzzling the pretty young girl's neck. " The request was for 12 o'clock."

"Jawhol Colonel Hogan, the Kommandant is with him now," came the sultry reply.

The odd statement halted Hogan's intimate advances . He moved to stand in front of Helga and looked quizzically at the secretary.

"That's who I…"

Helga smiled coyly, shrugged her shoulders and pointed towards the Kommandant's door. The hair on the back of Hogan's neck leapt all the way to the top of his head. Inwardly shaking off the intense feeling of foreboding and allowing his natural curiosity to take over - Hogan checked the appearance of his uniform, straightened his flight jacket and gave a quick knock as he opened Klink's office door.

"You wanted to see me Komman……dant?"

Having entered Klink's office and glanced across the desk where the Kommandant usually sat, Hogan was met not with the normal balding head but with two pools of glittering emerald. A quick survey of the room showed Klink was actually standing at attention to his right, and the owner of those radiant eyes comfortably planted behind Klink's desk - belonged to a German SS Major.

Klink made a smart quarter turn towards Hogan, motioned towards the man seated at his desk, clicked his heels together, then with a slight bow made the introductions.

"Major Maxmillian Iksjowlheim, may I introduce my Senior POW Officer, Colonel Robert E. Hogan. Colonel Hogan, the Major is here for an inspection tour of the Camp. i trust He will find everything satisfactory?"

"Everything's snug as a bug Kommandant." Hogan said with slightly less witticism than usual, while looking directly into the SS man's eyes.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Colonel Robert E. Hogan, I have heard so much about you. The kommandant seems to go on endlessly." The Major looked back at Klink, who dropped his gaze to the floor.

"Oh, but where are my manners, please do sit down, make yourself comfortable."

The Major's eyes raked over the form of the American as he moved to the chair and sat down. Keeping his eyes focused only on Hogan - the Major spoke directly at the Camp's Kommandant.

"Colonel klink, I do not think I shall join you this afternoon. Perhaps you won't mind overseeing to the inspection of the Barrackes without me. You know how much I love inspections, but I believe I shall have to take a `rain check'. That is the correct term, yes, Colonel Robert E. Hogan?" Hogan nodded his assent, his gaze still steady on the Major`s face, "I believe I would much rather stay here. I am quite sure Colonel Hogan and I will be able to find suitable topics of conversation to amuse us in your absence. "

Major Iksjowlheim then turned his total attention towards Klink.

"I shall look forward to reading your inspection report. Three hours should be a sufficient amount of time to finish your task, kommandant! Dismissed!"

With the departure of Kommandant Klink and the last words of the Major, Hogan's natural paranoia intensified. Why was a Major giving commands to a Colonel - SS or not, it was very odd. This man was definitely intriguing. Hogan hadn't realized he had been staring at the man behind the desk, who had a most intoxicating way of saying his name. `Colonel Robert E. Hogan', sealed the gaping hole that was his mouth, and brought himself back into a stronger military bearing. His instincts were telling him to flee; it took all of his energy to remain calmly seated and appear relaxed - he hoped.

"Now that should ensure our total privacy, wouldn't you say Colonel Hogan?"

Hogan's mind was rapidly trying to assess the situation. A Barracke inspection meant the boys wouldn't be able to listen in on their conversation. Would they even have bothered? This hadn't seemed too important, or had it? Damn, had he slipped up so soon in his command - misjudging a potential threat? A Cheshire cat grinning from ear to ear danced in his head, was this who his friend had referred to in the message?

Hogan nervously shifted in his chair, then covered this uncharacteristic move by rising to his full height at attention.

"Hogan, Robert E., Colonel, serial num..."

"Come now Colonel", the SS Major said abruptly cutting him off, "you can't possibly think I came here to get information from a POW. What could you, a prisoner of the illustrious Third Reich, possibly know that I do not? I simply want us to get to know one another… better."

In one fluid motion the Major rose from behind the desk and half sat on the front of it. The uniform he wore fit him like a glove; the jack boots held a high polish as did all the leather of his uniform. The Major's hair was short dark but a bit unruly. The pale porcelain skin seemed to intensify his already glowing crystalline green eyes. This man might be Hogan's age or not, he seemed ageless. Hogan imagined the body hidden beneath the perfect German uniform, hard, muscular, tempting. `Down boy, this is not the time. Relax, get hold of yourself. - don't let your balls be your voice of reason.'

Normally the close proximity of German interrogators angered and infuriated Hogan, but this particular man sent his pulse racing for all the wrong reasons.

"Let's see, where to begin….you were born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, joined the military directly from college, top in your classes… congratulations! You not only were an excellent pilot and natural leader, you also had a penchant for languages. So you were sent to the Defense Language Institute to learn German. Your Instructor there was Professor Frederick Bowman. He just so happens to be an old family friend of mine. My father and he were schoolmates. Professor Bowman is an excellent instructor, is he not?"

Hogan's head nodded consent and a smile lit his face even as his mind screamed `Who the HELL was this man?! Why can't you get control of yourself?!'

The Major chuckled at Hogan, he could sense the turmoil warring inside the young man. His litany of the American's life so far was having the effect he had hoped.

"It is difficult to converse anymore…with all the madness that surrounds us. I can hardly say I blame my countrymen, but it does make for a dull life…yes? Now let's stop all this useless posturing. Do sit down, let's enjoy each others company while we have the opportunity." All this was said as the Major gestured with his hands and walked about the office.

The Major now stepped behind Hogan who had yet to relax. Hogan swore he could feel the intensity of the man baring down on him, enveloping him, consuming him. For the first time in his memory, Robert Hogan was truly unnerved.

"Please my dear Robert E. Hogan,… have a seat and chat with me awhile, about Life, the Universe and everything. We have such a short time together. The kommandant - is nothing if not thorough and meticulous in his duties - and he will most certainly be back here on time. "

"You sure we're talking about the same man? Wait till you get the joy and pleasure of really knowing him."

Hogan said with a charming smile and twinkle in his eye. He had decided to resort to levity to bring the ball back into his court, but doubted he would ever really have control of it again in the presence of this man. He would certainly put up a good fight.

Before Hogan could make a move to sit, Iksjowlheim moved closer still to the American. The man's breathe danced warmly across the soft skin on Hogan's neck as he spoke.

"I already have, that pleasure, my dear boy. I enjoy it immensely, thank you. "

The Major moved back to the desk chair and reclined comfortably , "But enough of this monotonous jousting - what shall we speak of… Ah, I bet you didn`t know this about your Prof. Bowman,… once when Fritz and I went fishing, long before this inane war began, we……………"

Utterly disarmed by the shear will and tenacity of this man, Hogan sat and reflected that it had been a while since he had spoken to anyone about things other than the war. Besides, he might be able to find out more about this extraordinarily informed and captivating man. Cautiously, Hogan allowed himself to relax and bathe in the obscurity of the conversation.

**********

Hours later, while deep into a particularly impassioned debate, the two officers were silenced by a knock at the door.

"Enter!" The Major called out brusquely.

Klink entered and came to attention at the desk, avoiding eye contact with either of the men. Noticeably ignoring the Kommandant, the Major stood straight and tall, watching with discerning eyes as Hogan rose. The two shook hands. The voice that just seconds ago seemed irritated at being interrupted, turned silky smooth and sensual.

"Well Colonel Robert E. Hogan, you are a delight and credit to your country. I must have you for dinner tonight, at my place. I shall arrange for your transportation. Dinner is served promptly at 7:00pm. Until then, you are DISMISSED!"

Taken aback by the Major's all too sudden change in tone, Hogan sharply saluted and quickly left Klink's office. Turning to close the door behind him, Hogan caught a glimpse of what seemed like Klink on his knees kissing the Major's boots.

**********

Helga watched as Colonel Hogan walked past her desk and out the door without comment. She secretly wished she could fluster the American as much as the Major obviously did. She wondered if the brash young flyer was as strong as he thought himself - pitted against one such as Iksjowlheim. It was beginning to turn out to be a most interesting war. Maybe she would have to rethink her initial thoughts about the handsome SS Major. Maybe, just maybe, it would be to her advantage to get to know him better. She would definitely be keeping her eyes and ears open from now on.

**********

Hogan stepped out onto the porch of the Kommandant's Headquarters. Starting down the steps he remembered that none of his men had heard any of the conversation between himself and the Major. Hogan contemplated what he would tell them - if he would tell them. What would they think about their Colonel? He decided he needed time to sort out a few things. Work out his next move. Next move, what a joke. Confusing thoughts and feelings clouded his mind. Clearing this with a shudder, Hogan dropped off the last step.

He felt like a fighter pilot shot down over the open ocean, knowing the sharks would soon circle. He could swear the Major relished the idea of feeding on him.

"Must have you for dinner" echoed in his mind...Hogan was immersed in this one thought as he headed back to his barracke, by the longest route afforded him.

Sergeant James Kinchloe, leaning in the shadows against the wall of his Barracke, watched as the Senior POW Officer - looking disorientated - headed not towards the Barracke 2, but in the opposite direction.

"Curiouser and curiouser ."

"What's that, Kinch?" Corporal Newkirk asked as he walked over to where the Sergeant leaned.

"I said, curiouser and curiouser. It`s what Alice said when she was in Wonderland."

"Alice in bleeding Wonderland, what are you talkin' about?"

"I'm not too sure, but when I find out, you'll be one of the first to know." The black Sergeant stood straight and went off in the direction he had watched the Colonel go. The English Corporal just stared after him, scratching his head. He'd go and find his chum Carter, maybe he could make sense of all of this. Walking away, Newkirk muttered under his breath, "Bloody Yanks, no understandin' `im. Next they`ll be throwin` a bleedin` tea party, inviting` the bleedin` Mad Hatter."

**********

Kinch finally caught up to Hogan. To any casual observer, the Senior POW Officer, looked as though he was taking a casual stroll around the camp - but Kinch knew better. He and the Colonel had trained together for this mission, they had been friends much longer still, he knew when something was amiss with his friend.

"Colonel, if I may have a moment?"

Hogan looked up to see who had called. Seeing it was Kinch and noticing some other POW's close by tossing a baseball. Hogan stayed in character.

"Sure Sergeant, what can I do for you?"

"It seems to me Colonel," Kinch dropped his tone, "you could use a friend."

Hogan kept calmly walking and maneuvered the two of them as far from prying eyes and ears as possible.

"To this day James, I'm not sure how you do that."

"Do what, Sir?" A sheepish grin spreading across the black man's face.

"Forget it," Hogan gave a squeeze to Kinch's arm, "Yes a friend is just what I could use, but at the moment I'm not sure what's going on. How `bout we wait till London contacts us again, then I might have enough pieces of this puzzle."

Sergeant Shultz always had a gift for interrupting at inopportune moments and this one was no exception.

"Colonel Hogan! There you are."

Shultz came barreling at the two men with his hands full of packages.

"Thanks Colonel, I'll get that volleyball game organized straight away."

Kinch jogged quickly off towards his barracke.

"Volleyball game, Colonel Hogan? I don't know about any volleyball game."

"Nothing to worry about Shultz, just something to keep the men busy. Busy hands are happy hands. So what's new Shultz? Presents for me?"

"Actually Colonel Hogan that's exactly correct. This is a dress uniform for you to wear this evening, for your dinner engagement. The car will be hear at 5:30 to take you to the Major`s place. Please Colonel Hogan be ready." Shultz pleaded as he handed the parcels over.

"Didn't know formal attire was in order, Boy that SS Major thinks of everything, doesn't he? I`ll have to remember to thank him properly"

"Please Colonel Hogan, no monkey business. I have a bad feeling about that man."

"You know something Shultz, so do I, so…do…I"

Hogan walked off with present in hand. Shultz felt he should say something more, but thought better of it. Best not to know, it will make his life much easier and safer.

Author's notes: Walt Whitman is the author of all quotes. The character of White Rabbit is loosely drawn from an actual person. i mean no harm or disrespect to him or family members. i was so taken with his life and career that i felt it hard not to acknowledge the Underground did truly exist.

END PART 3