Resolutions

Author: Ami

Email: SciFiCatGirl18@aol.com

Pairing: Duncan/Methos

Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: Not my characters, but the story is.

Archive: Yes, to list archives.

Summary: Duncan gets a note from a Secret Admirer. Who is it?

Author's Notes: This was betad by Gerbil, Bobbie and Simon Erif.


Resolutions
By Ami


As Duncan rounded the corner of his building and headed for the door he stopped short at the sight before him. Halfway under the door was a folded note.

Bending down, he picked it up and opened it. It was written in calligraphy, the script so fancy that the handwriting couldn't give away its sender.

//Duncan,

New Year's Eve is all about resolutions. I made one to myself and I don't intend to break it. I'm not going to spend another year without letting you know how I feel about you...

I'll be on the roof of the dojo at midnight. Hopefully you won't be disappointed when you find out who I am.//

Duncan frowned, turning the note over. It was blank on the other side. No clue as to who sent it.

He felt the tips of his ears burn as his stomach knotted. Part of him wanted to believe the sincerity of the note, but another part felt that he was being set up. He was nervous. It wasn't as if this would be the first time an Immortal had tricked him into a Challenge.

Sighing, he took out his keys and opened the door, closing it firmly behind him. Heading for the kitchen, he decided to think about it while making dinner.

***

One hour later, after a dinner of linguini, he decided to go. The note *could* be genuine. But he was still taking his katana.

***

Duncan shivered. It was two minutes to midnight, and the temperature had dropped into the low twenties. He still wasn't sure what had possessed him to come, but he had his sword, so even if it was an Immortal out for his head, he could defend himself. He wondered who it could be? If the note was real, he knew who he'd *like* it to be from.

At that moment, he felt a definite Presence. It even felt familiar... His heart pounded in his throat. *Please, please...let it be...*

"Hello, Duncan," came an English-accented voice.

That voice! That voice was exactly the voice he'd wanted to hear tonight! "Methos?" MacLeod said, shocked. The oldest Immortal had never given him a clue that he felt anything more than friendship for him.

But it was a most welcome surprise.

"Yes, it's me, Highlander." The tall, lanky man strode over, hands in the pockets of his trenchcoat. He stopped a few feet from the younger man. "I
suppose you're wondering what this is about?"

Duncan nodded. "I got your note, and I guess you..."

"Have feelings for you?" Methos finished, one eyebrow raised. "Yes, yes I do. I've been putting off telling you for years, so I made a New Year's
resolution to myself a year ago that I'd tell you before the year was out." He shrugged, blushing, a boyish grin lighting his face. "What can I say? It was hard to stop procrastinating."

MacLeod smiled slowly. "So you love me, huh, Old Man?" he said playfully, as he stalked over to the older Immortal. Stopping inches from Methos, he reached up and pulled the other man close for a kiss. "That's good, because I love you too."

As their mouths met hungrily, both of the men knew that there would be many more New Years to ring in together.



END