Legend and Reality

by Ratwoman

ratwoman@unicum.de

Fandom: Highlander, the Series

Disclaimer: Neither Highlander The Series nor Robin Hood films were my idea.

Ratings: PG 13, but m/m affection and allusion to an orgy. H for Humour

Summary: Cory Raines explains why he doesn't like Robin Hood films.

Spoiler: Money no Object

Author's page: http://www.geocities.com/ratwoman2001/index.html


Legend and Reality
by Ratwoman


Duncan Mac Leod was staring annoyedly at his glass of wine. They were having a kind of going away film evening party for Amanda and Cory, who had to flee from some criminals they had pissed off.

Mac Leod didn't mind that Cory would leave tomorrow - he never had liked that pain in the neck. But thanks to his stupid, defective plans, Amanda had to hide, too, and t h a t really annoyed Duncan. Besides that he didn't like the way Amanda was flirting with Cory: refilling his glass, blushing and smiling when he flattered her, flattering him in return... Cory was right, he still was jealous.

And the films she had chosen: first Bonnie and Clyde, and what would come next?

Duncan watched her sullenly pick up another video. With an enchanting smile presenting the cassette to the three men, she asked: "What about 'Robin Hood - Prince of the Thieves'?"

But to Duncan's surprise, Cory protested: "Oh no, not that movie!"

Amanda frowned. She didn't like to be criticised. "And why not?" she called out.

"It's just, because I know how it really was, it always makes me angry to see what Hollywood makes of my life." Cory answered.

"Oh sure!" Richie, obviously not enjoying the evening, threw in. "Next thing you'll tell us, you were Robin Hood."

"Well, yes." Cory answered. "I changed my name later." Turning to Amanda he added. "How could they choose Kevin Costner to play me?"

Amanda looked amused again. "Yes, he doesn't live up to the true Robin Hood."

Duncan snorted. What the hell did she see in that hilarious story-teller?

"And Christian Slater is a bad choice for Will Scarlet." Cory added. "If the real Will Scarlet had looked like Christian Slater I never would have fallen for Marian!"

Duncan noticed with satisfaction that Amanda was frowning again. Cory better shouldn't destroy the love story!

"The real Will Scarlet was dwarfishly small and rather ugly. And he was always wearing that ridiculous red hat." Cory added. "And why do they always choose a bear- like giant for Little John. He was really little, that's why he was called Little John!"

"Oh sure," Duncan snarled. "You were leading an army of dwarfs!"

"No, Brother Tuck was very tall." Cory replied. "But he wasn't fat, he was thin and handsome." Cory smiled nostalgically. "He was an Immortal as well. I had just died for the first time, and he taught me everything I needed to know. " Cory sighed. "I hope he still has his head."

"You talk more positive about Brother Tuck than about Maid Marian." Amanda remarked sharply, but her gaze softened when she saw that Cory looked sadly to the floor.

"She really broke my heart when she dumped me for King Richard." He said quietly.

"She dumped you for King Richard?" Richie called out in disbelief.

"I don't think that's so unusual." Cory said. "Most women would prefer a king to an ex-thief. I can't really blame her." His gaze darkened: "But Richard the Lionhearted was such a slime bucket! I saved his throne, and how did he thank me: he stole my bride!"

Duncan didn't believe him a word. "If Richard the Lionhearted was a slime bucket, then I guess the Sheriff of Nottingham was a really nice guy."

"No, the Sheriff was a scoundrel." Cory replied: "but Prince John was cool!"

"Cool?" Richie repeated.

"Yeah, I think he would have been the better king, just when I realised that it was already too late."

"And what exactly made him so 'cool'?" Richie snarled.

"Well, his laconic sense of humour." Cory replied. "Did you see Robin Hood - Men in Tights? He was just like Prince John in that movie. And when he said: "Tonight we have a wedding - or a hanging. But either way, we'll have a lot of fun!", that was a real historic quotation."

Duncan was sure, Cory had a lot of fun making all that up. The next thing he said convinced him that Cory really was just making fun of them: "All in all, Men in Tights was the most realistic Robin Hood film I've ever seen."

Duncan and Richie were staring sullenly at Cory, Amanda looked rather amused, but then they felt another Immortal approaching. Alarmed, they looked at the door, but it was only Methos entering the room.

Duncan wanted to introduce him to Cory, but then he realised that they were staring at each other as if they recognised one another.

"Robin?!?" Methos called out.

"Tuck!!!" Cory shouted, then jumped right over the couch and flung himself into Methos's arms. Duncan had never before seen Methos smiling so happily.

"I'm so glad no one took your careless pretty head, Robin!" he said affectionately.

Cory looked adoringly up to Methos. "I thought I'd never see you again." he whispered.

Duncan, Richie and Amanda watched with astonishment as Methos and Cory were kissing passionately. Cory had not told them how close he and Brother Tuck - Methos - really were.

"Um, Duncan, I have to borrow your bedroom." Methos announced. "I didn't see Robin for centuries!" With those words they rushed into the bedroom.

Duncan stared sullenly at the closed door. So his best friend was with Cory Raines in _his_ bed.

"What shall we do with the rest of the evening?" Richie asked innocently.

"Well," Amanda raised to her feet, smoothing her skirt. "I'm going to join them." she said and crossed the room.

Duncan stared after her open-mouthed. She wasn't really going to...?

Amanda stopped at the door, smiled at Duncan and Richie and said: "Why don't you join in, too? The more, the merrier!" Then she slipped into the bedroom.

"She's just impossible!" Duncan grumbled. But then Richie stood up and entered the bedroom, too.

Duncan stared thoughtfully at his glass of wine. If they were going to have an orgy in his bedroom, it would be stupid not to join in, too, wouldn't it?


The End