Series: Connor's Prize

Story 1: The Beginning

Author: Kate R.

abelard950@aol.com

Disclaimer: Not mine and never will be. All fandoms belong to their respective creators and Jenny belongs to Mac.

Rating: PG-13 to R I think

Pairings: many and varied.

Summary: Depends on the story.

Notes: This is what could happen if Connor used the Prize for something.



Connor's Prize 1: The Beginning
by Kate R.

Two years after the Kurgan met him in battle and died, Connor MacLeod, now again using his real name, stood looking up at the sky. Something bad was coming. Something terrible. Something it would take far more than his old college buddies to stop. Even with the equipment Egon Spengler and Ray Stantz had, there did not have the power to defeat what was coming. He did though. And he knew, as surely as he knew he was lonely, that he could use the power he held to stop this evil. Connor took a deep breath and walked up the steps of the apartment building, one of the high-rises but the steps were nothing to one such as him. The crowd was so busy yelling that the police did not notice one man walking into the building. He sighed, running the steps easily.

In four hundred and eighty years and far more than 480 wars, he had run far longer, far tougher, far darker terrain than this. At least the steps were regular. No like the mountains he had once run in Scotland.

"What a mess," he muttered to himself as he made his way through the wrecked penthouse area some twenty minutes later. He found his way to the steps that led to the temple he somehow knew was there. It was the Prize he knew. The Prize that pounded and screamed inside of him, waiting to be used, waiting for his greatest wish to be told and for it to be freed to grant it. Connor had no idea what his deepest wish was actually, which was why he had never made it. Now though, he suspected he had an idea. He was the One, but it was so...lonely.

He suspected his greatest wish of wishes would be that there could be an end to The Game without the deaths of all other immortals...and that immortals could have families. Families of their own blood.

"Oh, Gods above," Connor whispered as he saw what there was to see. Gozer the Golgarian, he'd been right.

It was time, a voice in his being whispered. Now is the time of the gathering of Power. You are the One. Use the Prize and save them.

"Gozer the Golgarian!" Connor snarled.

And he looked at the boys he had gone to college with. Even the eldest of them, the one he did not know, was but a stripling to him. But one of them, Egon, the scientist, the one Gozer was attempting to kill, That one was special to him. That one was the one he would have as a son if immortals could have children.

"Who are you?" the Babylonian demanded as Connor faced him/her/it.

Connor smiled as he gave the children, the Ghostbusters, a look.

"I can deal with this Venkman," he said. "You cannot. Leave it to me."

"MacLeod," Venkman said, "You don't have a proton pack."

"And I do not need one," Connor replied. "This I have the power to stop. Armageddon is something that needs Power, True Power, to stop."

"Who are you, human?" Gozer demanded.

Connor laughed as he faced it. "I am the One," he said. "The ONLY One. I am the God of Kingdom Come." Connor took a deep breath before he said the last, the thing that would change everything and stop Gozer, for there was no other thing that would do it.

Nothing else had the power to do this.

"Give me," he began, taking a deep breath. "The Prize!"

And the sky above seemed to rip open and sheaf of white power slammed down on Connor, surrounding him, buffering him in it's light and then, from him, was released a power the likes of which had never been seen before.

Next to him, he saw Egon touched with the fire but not burned. He did not understand what was happening, not with all the voices being added to the already loud cacophony in his head.

"I was Death, Duncan, the Fourth Horseman, and I enjoyed it!" one voice said coolly.

"I am Duncan MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod," another voice spoke.

"I am Darius," still another added.

"Jenny, Richie," a voice called. "Play nice."

"But Uncle Joe," a girl's voice, presumably Jenny, play whined.

Laughter and other voices soon joined in, one swirling mass of sound and light and a feeling of clan washed over him and Connor looked up as the light went up after Gozer was gone and soon he was just drifting in white.

"Your wish ahs been granted, Connor McLeod," a voice said. "And a wiser wish I have not seen. You are the One for New Beginnings, Connor MacLeod. Go now, and live in the new world!"

There was a blinding flash of light and then…nothing. He woke to his alarm going off and he rolled over, looking at the clock.

"What a weird dream," he muttered as he got dressed and picked up his books for his first day of classes at Columbia University. He could not remember much about it but it was odd, he knew that.

He got on his motorcycle and started it, driving out and heading off the college. He did this from time to time, returned to college to take classes.

Arriving, he went to the administrative offices to pick up his schedule and then went to find his first class. He entered the room to find a young man looking over some things as he sat at a desk.

"Hello, the young man said. "I'm Egon Spengler. You are?"

"Connor MacLeod," Connor said. "It's a pleasure to meet you."


Fin story 1