Title: Chance Meetings

Author: Amy B.

Fandom: Highlander/Due South

Pairing: Cory Raines/Tyler King

Rating: NC-17

Date: July, 1999

Status: New, complete

Feedback: Creative flames, comments, and constructive criticism accepted at

jb7811@bellsouth.net

Disclaimers: If TPTB don't want to use them, why shouldn't I? Cory and Tyler belong to Rysher and Panzer/Davis, while Fraser and Diefenbaker (and that other blonde guy ;-) belong to Alliance or someone. No Muses were harmed in the making of this PWP-- and no money was made. ;-)

Notes: I'm in complete denial about the outcome of "The Innocent", but what else is new? I'm in denial about so many other things that one more can't hurt. For those who don't recognize these minor characters-- Tyler was played by Callum Keith Rennie (in the ep. The Innocent), and Cory was played by Nicholas Lea (in the ep. Money No Object). This is for Maya (--I hope it's OK) and for Nicole (feel better soon!). Thanks to Mouse and Audra for outstanding beta.

Summary for archive: Cory Raines meets his old friend Tyler King in a bar in Chicago.

 

CHANCE MEETINGS

By Amy B

Cory Raines savored his ice-cold beer and mentally patted himself on the back for an extremely successful week. That loan shark hadn't needed the money half as much as the community center needed that new daycare center. But that was another city, and he was ready to relax for awhile in the anonymity of this dark little blues club in Chicago.

Lounging against the bar, he listened to the band and watched the few couples shuffle around the small dance floor. He was thinking of asking someone to dance when he felt the Presence of another Immortal shivering up his spine and zapping through his brain like an electric current without the pain. Sliding his hand inside his coat, he looked around for the source of the buzz. A shadow detached itself from the dark entranceway and sauntered closer. As the Immortal passed under the lights, Cory took in the golden hair and sly half smile and felt a jolt of recognition.

With a welcoming grin, he stood up and met the man half way, conveniently next to the dance floor. "Hey, sailor. Dance with me?"

"Two hundred years and you haven't come up with anything better than that?" The tall man moved gracefully into Cory's arms.

Cory returned the hug and moved them onto the dance floor, laughing. "I save that one for you, Ty. I have better lines for people I'm trying to impress."

Tyler shook his head. "I'm crushed that you don't want to impress me anymore, Cory." He pushed against Cory and said, "Let me lead. I'm a much better dancer than you."

Cory gave in because it was true. His old friend Tyler King had always been light on his feet, with a sensual grace that made Cory's mouth water. The lithe blond flowed with the music, became a part of it and took Cory along for the ride as naturally as breathing. Cory settled his head against Tyler's shoulder and closed his eyes. "You been in Chicago long?"

"A few months. You?"

"Got in this morning. What've you been up to?"

"Been working. Got a little consulting firm. I work with small businesses bringing them up to speed with the latest technology."

Cory snorted and raised his head, asking incredulously, "Why? I thought you were taking some time off."

Tyler shrugged and replied, "Yeah, but I got bored. If I get bored, I go hunting and I promised Letitia I wouldn't... for a while. She was always saying I was going to get myself killed."

Cory sighed at the repressed pain in his friend's low voice. "Ty... I'm sorry... Sorry that I wasn't there for you."

"It was so quick there just wasn't time to track you down. 'S okay."

"I should have kept in touch better."

"You were on the run-- it happens in your business and I understand. Now shut up and dance. I came here to forget my troubles, not remember them."

"I'm sorry, Ty." Cory nuzzled Tyler's neck and nipped at his ear. He'd always had the most sensitive ears that Cory had ever seen. As he licked around the outer rim and blew gently into the canal, he slipped his thigh between his partner's and discovered that his actions were having the desired effect.

The hardness growing against him incited Cory to further exploration, knowing that their long coats and the dim light of the room would give them a modicum of privacy. He removed his hands from Tyler's shoulders and slipped them inside his coat, sliding slowly across his chest and down his ribs before settling on slim hips swaying to the soft bluesy music. He shifted his body closer until they were touching from chest to knees, then looked at Tyler's face. The beautiful blue eyes were closed and there was an anticipatory smile on the sensual lips.

Unable to resist temptation, Cory leaned in for a quick kiss, delighted to notice that Tyler was actually freshly shaven for once. Rubbing his cheek against his partner's, Cory sighed and slipped his hands around Tyler's back and down to his ass. Tyler clenched the muscles in Cory's grip, startling a laugh from him, which made Tyler laugh in return, making Cory very happy. He'd apparently succeeded in cheering up his friend and taking his mind off his dead wife.

"You gonna tease me all night or do you wanna do something about this ache that you've caused?" Tyler sounded amused, but his voice was also husky with arousal sending a jolt straight to Cory's cock.

"Is your place far?" Cory groaned and thrust his hips into Tyler's, crushing their erections together, close but so far away through the layers of their clothes.

"It's on the Lake. We can be there in ten minutes. Where's yours?"

Tyler shimmied against Cory in way that was so overtly sexual that the couple dancing behind them, grinned and winked at Cory over Tyler's shoulder.

"It would take at least twenty. Yours." With another stolen kiss, Cory reluctantly stepped back.

"Mine," sighed Tyler. "I haven't heard that word in a long time."

"I'll be yours, babe, just get me away from these people." Cory grinned and grabbed Tyler's hand, leading him out of the club into the early spring evening.

"We'll take my car. It's nicer than yours." Tyler said as he steered Cory down the street.

"And just how do you know that?" Cory tried to sound indignant, but was actually fighting back a laugh.

"I know you. You have the oddest notions of comfort." Tyler smiled and tugged on Cory's hand as they passed under a streetlight.

Cory noticed a handsome dark haired man in a red flannel shirt and a hat similar to a state trooper's staring at them in dismay, but shrugged it off as some form of homophobia or something. He glanced over his shoulder and watched the guy call a large white dog still staring after them, then Ty tugged him to a stop before a glossy black Cadillac Catera and Cory lost all interest in nosy bystanders.

As Tyler tried to unlock the door, Cory crowded him against the side of the car nuzzling the back of his head, inhaling the clean citrus scent of the short silky hair. He sunk his teeth into the nape of Tyler's neck, and froze at the low growl he heard. Tyler had never been much of a *growler*--he had purred or cursed or cried out in moments of passion, but he'd never growled in all the time that Cory had known him.

Slowly releasing Ty's neck, Cory glanced over his shoulder at the large white dog he'd seen just a few moments earlier-- the dog that was starting to look more and more wolf-like as it pulled its lips back to reveal sharp, shiny fangs. It was only a few feet away, and Cory completely froze still pinning Tyler against the car.

"Why'd you stop?" Tyler asked turning to look back at Cory, his eyes widening and his hand reaching for his sword as he exclaimed, "What the fuck is a wolf doing in Chicago?"

"Diefenbaker." At the quiet command, the wolf stopped growling but continued to watch the two men with a warning in its eyes. "I'm afraid my companion believes you were someone else."

Cory dragged his eyes away from the wolf to see the dark haired man standing to one side and slightly ahead of the wolf. The sharp blue eyes were locked on Tyler's face and it was clear that the stranger was speaking only to Tyler.

There was no trace of recognition in Tyler's eyes as he looked from the wolf-dog to the man and then back again. "Mistakes happen. You want to call him off then?"

"Ah, yes." The stranger turned to look directly into the dog's face as he said firmly, "Diefenbaker, come over here and leave the men alone." He turned back to Tyler and said, "I'm sorry, but your resemblance to a person that Dief is quite protective of is uncanny. I believe he mistook your partner's playfulness for a threat. Please accept our apologies."

The dog had moved to the man's side and was watching Cory carefully, but Cory took a chance and moved away from Tyler. The dog settled on his haunches then as if convinced the threat to the object of his affection had passed.

Tyler smiled politely and said dismissively, "Like I said, mistakes happen. No apology necessary."

As Cory stepped into the car, he heard the stranger say, "Have a good evening." Cory looked out the window as Tyler walked around to the driver's side and noticed a wistful expression cross the handsome face before the stranger turned and walked away with his wolf-dog loping alongside him.

"I wonder what that was all about?" Cory mused as Tyler started up the car and pulled out onto the quiet street.

"Who knows? In this city, anything's possible-- like running into you completely by accident." Tyler smiled at Cory and shrugged, "The world gets smaller every day, doesn't it?"P> "Yeah." After several minutes of watching the traffic, Cory said quietly, "It really is good to see you, Tyler. Every time we say goodbye, I think it'll be the last. You like the Game too much."

"Not anymore. I promised."

"Oh, yeah, so you did." Cory reached over and clasped his friend's shoulder, saying sternly, "Keep it... and your head."

"Speaking of head..." Tyler shot Cory a laughing look from the corner of his eye, as he pulled into an underground garage and announced, "We're here."

"I'm not doing you down here so get that look off your face. I'm holding out for a real bed this time."

"Demanding son-of-a-bitch... but luckily, you're worth it," cracked Tyler as he led Cory over to the elevator and stuck a key into a slot marked Penthouse.

As soon as the door closed, Cory pulled Tyler into his arms and kissed him deeply, grateful for no longer having to be discreet. By the time the door slid open with musical little *ding*, Cory had Tyler's black silk shirt unbuttoned to the waistband of his black trousers and an impressive purple love bite already fading from his neck.

The two men staggered out of the elevator and into a small hall where Tyler quickly unlocked an ornate wooden door. He pulled Cory into a marbled foyer that Cory barely got a glimpse of before being consumed in a hot, wet kiss. Thrusting his tongue past Tyler's sharp teeth, Cory allowed his coat to be removed and his shirt unbuttoned before pulling away to gasp, "Bed?"

Tyler nodded and nibbled Cory's lower lip as he danced the other man across a long living room and through another door. He turned Cory loose and pushed against his shoulders until he flopped back onto a huge bed covered in a soft forest green comforter.

Cory grinned and spread his arms wide. "Did you get this bed specifically for orgies or was that just a lucky side benefit?"

Tyler grinned slyly and finished undressing slowly, with the same sensual grace with which he danced or fought. A feral light began to burn in his gray-blue eyes as looked Cory over from head to toe. "Strip," he urged quietly.

Cory remained on the bed as he kicked off his shoes, slipped off his white shirt, and writhed seductively out of his jeans. Watching through lowered lashes as Tyler's breathing grew erratic and his cock darkened and pulsed, Cory licked his lips and said, "I want you."

Tyler nodded once and lunged onto the bed, taking Cory's lips in a brutal kiss that threatened to draw blood. His hands skimmed roughly over Cory's body, as he continued to devour his mouth and Cory thought he would come right then and there. He forced himself to think about baseball until the feelings settled down, and he could touch Tyler the way he'd wanted for so long. He stroked the other man's bony shoulders and hard biceps slowly and gently, in counterpoint to the much more frantic caresses he was receiving himself. He rubbed his fingers over the smooth chest, rolling each nipple into a hard point before sliding his fingers across rippled abs to dip into the shallow depression of Tyler's navel. When he reached for Tyler's cock, the other man released Cory's mouth with a moan and rubbed his face into the crook of Cory's neck.

Cory moaned a little himself when Tyler thrust into his grip and said, "Cory please... I want..."

"Supplies?" Cory asked breathlessly, and suddenly the hands were gone from his hips and Tyler was rolling across the bed toward the nightstand. A tube of lubricant came flying at Cory, and he hastily prepared himself to receive his lover as Tyler crawled back to him. He smoothed some of the slippery gel on Tyler's erection then rolled over onto his belly.

Tyler pulled Cory's hips up and slid inside in one sinuous motion. Cory pulled his knees up to support him in a more comfortable position and then thrust his hips back to meet Tyler's invasion. The fullness and heat of the cock moving so surely inside him sent shudders all over Cory's body, and his own cock throbbed and dripped, aching for a touch. To tease himself, he buried his face in one forearm and brought his other hand down to his balls, caressing them momentarily before pulling on his cock in rhythm with the pounding Tyler was giving him.

He felt the tingling of impending orgasm spread down his spine and settle in his balls. His last conscious thought was to tighten his muscles, giving Tyler a squeeze that would bring him over as Cory came in ropy streams on the expensive bedspread. With their cries mingling in the silent rooms, the two men came explosively with Cory collapsing bonelessly onto the bed. Tyler pulled out of Cory and fell over to one side of his lover, lying on his back and gasping a little as he tried to draw in enough breath.

For several moments, they lay there and just smiled at each other. Enjoying the moment for what it was-- a joyful expression of friendship and comfort.

"So are you going to be in town for a while?" Tyler asked with a neutral expression.

"Yes, I have a lot of plans for this town," Cory replied with a big grin.

Tyler offered diffidently, "You can stay here if you want to."

"Aren't you afraid I'll get you in trouble again?" Cory asked, only half-joking.

"No, I forgave you for Barcelona, and I trust you to be more careful this time."

"Hey, Barcelona was not my fault! Who could have predicted that Countess would have *that* many guards? At least there wasn't a really decent swordsman among them."

"Yeah, it could have been much worse. So you'll stay?" Tyler yawned loudly and scooted up on the bed and shoved the covers down far enough to crawl into the sheets.

"Sure. Why not?" Cory got under the covers and spooned up behind his old friend with a big yawn of his own, and then drifted off to sleep.

 

The End