Celebrating Love

Author: Caliadragon

Date: December 25

Fandom: Highlander

Pairing: Duncan/Methos

Rating: NC 17

Summary: Duncan unwraps his best gift.

Disclaimer: Not mine, unfortunately

Feedback address: Caliadragon@myself.com

Advertisement: Part of the SAC-2003 at: http://www.kardasi.com/Advent/2003

Note: No spoilers.

Beta: Thanks to the lovely and talented Edi.



Celebrating Love
By Caliadragon


I watch the two of them and I can't help but see the love between them. Today is Christmas day and they are acting as though the only gift they need is each other. It's hard not to be envious of what they share. Both Mac and Methos have had others in their lives. Others that they have loved and bled for, but somehow I can't help but think this is the end for both of them. They have overcome so much and still they love.

Mac just lights up when the old man comes into the room. Even more than he did when Tess was still alive. I always thought that what Mac and Tess had was the ultimate love, even before I died beside Tess and found out that I was an immortal. She became the older sister that I never had, while Mac has become my father figure.

Everyone is gathered together for the holiday. We are all wondering around the loft; yet no matter where they are, when Mac and Methos look at one another you can tell that everyone else disappears. They are standing side by side right now and Mac has just put his arm around Methos. It's not sexual, but you can see that spark beneath their masks. They are so hot together. Hell, even if I wasn't gay, I'd see it.

It's been a wonderful Christmas. Seeing the two of them together, knowing that they are happy, is a blessing for the year. There were so many times in the last year that we were all sure that we had lost Mac. I'm glad that the opposite came to pass.

Amanda is flirting outrageously with everyone and anyone. I don't think it's possible for her to act any other way. I'm just glad that no one present is the jealous kind or there would have been several problems. Especially between the Double M's. Amanda flirts with that pair more than she does anyone else. It is wonderful to be a part of this, a part of a family. This family started out because of Mac, but it deepened and settled because of Methos. He has kept our Boy Scout settled and safe more than once.

* * *

This has been a really good night. Everyone is enjoying themselves, and Amanda is flirting as usual. I'm really glad our friends are all alive, and happy. I just wish they would leave. I want to unwrap my Highlander. Mac knows it, too. I can see the look in his eyes, the bloody tease. If I know our friends it will be tomorrow morning before I get to unwrap my lover. Not that I mind, it is worth the wait. I look forward to having him on every surface in the loft, again.

This morning I woke up to the wonderful sensation of a hot mouth mapping my body. I really, really liked my Christmas morning. We spent a few hours making love, before Mac decided we had to get out of bed so that he could start cooking and we could open our personal presents before all of our friends arrived.

I have no idea how he did it, but Mac managed to find several items of mine that I have been looking for for the last few centuries. Some of them were from my time as a doctor and some were from other eras. A few were mementos of lost loves. It says a lot about my love that he could buy these things for me, knowing who they were given to me by. Is it any wonder I love the man?

Mac has given me so much since we became friends and more recently lovers. It is very rare that such a love is given. I have had thousands of lovers and hundreds of wives in my 5,000 years, but only twice have I known a love so true and so pure. The first time was my Alexa and, I hope, the last time is with my foolish Highlander child. I cannot imagine a life lived without him. Nor can I figure out just how it is that he managed to capture my heart.

We have had so many trials and tribulations between us. The truth of who I used to be and Cassandra coming to town had changed things drastically. No one was more shocked than I that he forgave me. Cassandra felt betrayed, but I think she understood the love that we share. Why else would she be at our party tonight? Why else would she have forgiven me?

* * *

How did my life end up this way? I never thought to have such a life again. I certainly never thought to have a family surrounding me. After Tess' death, I never thought I would love again, but I'm glad I was wrong. Methos has given my life a meaning I thought I lost with Tess. I have loved others, and some of them deeply, but I have not loved the way that I love Methos. Perhaps it is because I know that we will have centuries together. Perhaps it is because, despite everything, he loves me. I know who he is, what he was and who he wants to be. Just as he knows the same about me.

What we have between us is rare between immortals. Though we make friends and lovers out of our own kind, it is rare that we trust the way that Methos and I do. He gave me a wonderful gift this morning, after we managed to get out of bed. I couldn't believe it when I saw what it was. It was one of Tess' first sculptures from the first years of our marriage. How many men can say their lovers bought them a gift created by their dead wife? I can, though I can't think of many others. We have spent this season celebrating everything, including o ne another.

I love making love to him. Holding him in my arms while he tells me that he loves me. I love the feeling of being filled by him and filling him. I love the taste of his kisses and the taste of his skin. I love the way we make love gently, or fast and hard. I love the way he wants to protect me even when he can't. I love he way his eyes darken with passion and temper. I love the way his voice deepens as he cries out in passion and the way his skin flushes a deep red. I love everything about him. It has been a unique experience, loving him. From the way he touches me to the way he laughs with me. It is always a surprise and a pleasure. Together we celebrate love and life. We celebrate one another, not just at Christmas, but always.



The End