Ale Lang Syne

Author: Ami

Email: SciFiCatGirl18@aol.com

Pairing: Duncan/Methos

Rating: R

Summary: Methos has too much to drink at Joe's New Years party, and Duncan takes care of him.

Disclaimer: Duncan - Panzer/Davis'. Methos - Panzer/Davis'. Story - *Mine!*

Archive: Yes.

Author's Notes: This was betad by Gerbil and Simon Erif -- both great betas.


Ale Lang Syne
by Ami


Duncan chuckled silently as he looked at the man sleeping beside him. He smiled at the sight of his sleeping lover. *Even my beer-loving paramour can have one too many,* he thought fondly.

They'd gone to a party at Joe's; the bartender held one every year for his close friends. And Joe had given the oldest Immortal a very unique Christmas present -- one hundred different brands of beer, ten ounces of each. And Methos just *had* to try them all tonight...

By the end of the evening, Methos was smashed, almost comatose from over-imbibing. Duncan had to practically carry him upstairs and into bed. He'd fallen immediately into their bed, too tired to undress, or even take off his shoes and socks.

Duncan had undressed his lover himself, trying not to disturb the older Immortal's sleep too much. He'd removed Methos' sword from his coat and placed it on the dresser and thrown the trenchcoat over a chair. Unlacing Methos' hiking boots, he'd dropped the shoes and dirty clothes on the floor, not wanting to leave his lover's side even long enough to throw them in the hamper.

He'd then taken off his own clothes and climbed under the covers to snuggle next to Methos. He'd thought the older Immortal had finally succumbed to asleep, but then he'd felt a hand reach out, seeking his. Catching the wandering

hand, he heard a soft mumble from the ancient: "Love you, Mac."

Duncan smiled and kissed the other man on top of his head. "And I you, Methos," he returned softly.


end