Title: Truth and Celebration

Author: Caliadragon

Fandom:Xena/Hercules

Pairing:Ares/Joxer/Apollo

Rating: R

Archive: Sure have at it, Just let me know where.

Feedback: Please? Caliadragon@yahoo.com

Warnings: Angst, Kidnapping, AU, Mpreg, Vengfull Husbands, Zeus bashing

Notes: This was a fic I tried to post a couple of months ago, but Yahoo struck and I just foumd my notes on it again.

Series: I haven't a clue, but I hope not.

Disclaimer: Yeah I don't own them. I'm fairly certain they own me though.

Summary: Joxer's husbands make him angry and learn a few things when they spy on him when he's with his freinds. Someone else takes advantage of the situation.

 

Truth and Celebration
by Caliadragon

Ares paced back and forth fuming and swearing. Why today of all daysdid his spouses decide to fight? Hades knew they never had before, in fact the main reason he had agreed to the marriage in the first place was because the two got along so well. The last thing he wanted in his life was two volitale spouses. It was that damn bards fault! If she hadn't written that cruel scroll and called Joxer a fat whale none of this would have happened. Apollo had been furious with Joxer's friend and had wanted to remove her ability to write ever again. Ares siliently agreed. His daughters spouse was irritating and a shrew to match. Normally he liked her, but this attack on Joxer in his condition had enraged him. Of course Joxer being Joxer had forgiven Gabrielle and even claimed that the bard would not have written such a thing. Apollo then yelled that of course she would, she was jealous. Unfortunatetly for Ares he had agreed with Apollo. In a fit of rage the young god had informed them both that they were assholes and had promptly flashed away to find Xena.


Apollo watched Ares pace and pouted over the fact that Joxer had left them. He was angry that Joxer couldn't see how cruel Gabrielle had been in that scroll. He was ignoring the fact that she normally beat the pulp out of anyone who even looked in Joxer's direction, let alone was mean to him. Hera had making noises about making her immortal so that the next time she attacked a god for hurting Joxer she'd live through it. Damn it he was jealous! He knew that Joxer had only married Ares and himself because Hades had begged him to do it. Like most of the people that met Joxer he had fallen for the young human. Hades had learned that Zeus was ordering a marriage between Ares and Apollo to stop their bickering over who was to claim the young mortal. Joxer's foolish father had dedicated his triplets to Ares at their birth, but Joxer was to be a healer bard. They had been fighting over him all his life. The real reason for the marriage though was that Zeus had decided to claim the mortal as his newest catomite. Hera had told Hades. They both feared for the young man when he refused Zeus. It was a well believed fact that he was in love with Gabrielle. Apollo sighed, he and Ares were quite a pair. Both of them were angry and jealous of the fact that their young husband loved their daughters. Maybe he should check on Joxer just to make sure he was okay.


Ares looked up as Apollo called Joxer's name to their scrying mirror. He stopped pacing and threw himself on to the couch to watch his younger spouse.


Joxer paced back and forth in front of Xena and Gabreille. They were both furious that he was so upset.

"Joxer sit down and tell us whats wrong. This isn't good for the baby." Xena said calmly.

He sighed and sat between his two friends. When they put their arms around him and his husbands growled in unison. "Apollo found a scroll left in his temple that was supposedly writen by Gabby. Now he's furious and threatening to take away her bard skills."

Gabrielle looked at him in confusion. "I haven't written anything since I copied that scroll for you before your marriage. Oh Gods! Did Dad find that?" She squeeked.

Apollo and Ares looked at each other in wonder. "Uh no, thats in the bottom of my dresser. By the way thanks for that. It made my wedding night a lot less scary."

The three giggled in unison.

"Anyway, Ares joined up saying you wrote it as well. I got angry called them both assholes and came to you guys. What irritates me is they know you didn't write it. They are both jealous of you
and Xena and get irrational at the mere mention of your names."

Xena scowled. "Why would they be jealous of us?" She asked in confusion.

"Because I love the two of you. They both think the lie we told people for years is true."

Gabrielle groaned. "Damn Callisto! If it hadn't been for her we could have let people know the truth from the beginning. First she comes and tries to kill Xena, then we have to pretend that your boyfriend was my husband, now this!"

Both Xena and Joxer agreed.

"Callisto had to believe I was a bumbler and that you had left Xena for Perdicus. None of us had planned on her killing him." Joxer's voice broke.

The two women wrapped their arms around him tighter. "I love my husbands. The fact that Hades gave me a chance to be with the two gods I have always loved was a miracle to me. I know they only married me to protect me from Zeus." His voice was sad.

"Then why are they jealous?" Gabrielle asked, trying to make her friend see that they cared.

"Their teritorial, I belong to them and they don't want anyone else to have what's theres."

Xena sighed and silently swore at her father. Gabrielle was doing the same to Apollo. Both gods winced at the language they used.

"What did the scroll say?" Xena asked suddenly.

"It said I was a fat whale." Gabrielle snarled.

"WHAT?! Who said you where a fat whale?"

They all turned to see Iolous, Hercules and Auto behind them.

It was Auto who growled. "Gabby we're gonna go leg breaking." J

oxer sighed. Auto was as protective as Gabby. Before he had married Arry and Pol the two never let him out of their sights. He had to sneak off just to get a little private time. The fact that he had been returned to life only three months before his marriage hadn't eased anything. Then he had ended up pregnant three weeks after his marriage. It seemed everyone wanted to protect him, but no one wanted to give him peace.

"We don't know who said it, but they are trying to blame Gabby for it and it started a fight between Jox and the Dad's." Xena said drawing his attention back to the group.

Iolous scowled, he didn't like the idea of someone saying things about Joxer. The fact that he was five months pregnant made it harder on him emotionally. Iolous was certain that someone was trying to upset the new god. "Maybe you shouldn't have left the double A's." Iolous said quietly.

Joxer scowled, "They were being assholes." he snapped.

Hercules had to hold in a laugh. Joxer wasn't easily angered, but when he was it lasted for awhile. he almost felt sorry for his brothers.

"What I mean is what if someone wanted you to leave the safety of Olympus. Everyone on Olympus knows they never let you out of their sights." Iolous intergected.

Hercules turned to his husband with a raised eyebrow.

Chapter 2

Ares shifted in his seat and glared at the mirror. Why had he never known that Joxer's love was just for show? How could he have been fooled by them for so long. The fact that he didn't know of his love for him made him even angrier. Joxer wasn't just a peace of property. From the moment they were wed he knew that he loved him. Joxer's vows should have given him a clue.

 


*Flashback*

Joxer stood between his husbands and watched as Hera tied the cords around his wrists and joined him to his two gods.

Hera smiled at him. "Joxer you will now say your vows."

He nodded nervously and took a deep breath. "From this moment into eternity I swear fidelity, loyalty and love to my spouses Ares and Apollo. When our marriage was planned I had a thought. For the first time, I knew that my secret joy was a thing men would fight for, even die for. Yet I was blessed through marriage and eternity with this gift." He then kissed each of them.

*End Flashback*

 

Ares shifted again as memoried of his wedding night made him hard. When The other three joined Joxer and the girls he groaned. They were protective normally, but the minute they found out that Joxer was pregnant Auto and Gabby had gone psycho. Apollo and Hermes had to calm Auto on more than one occassion. Unlike Gabrielle he was immortal and had actually punched one of his cousins out for calling Joxer a name. The fact that Demios and Joxer were just playing had not been noticed until Demios blasted him through a wall. Ares had not been pleased, nor had Joxer. His bellows had echoed all over Olypmus. Ares had been shocked to learn that his gentle spouse had even known some of the curses he had thrown at the pair.

Apollo was also thinking about Joxer and feeling no little amount of guilt over his behavior. He was possesive and had not once told Joxer that he loved him. He could see that he was going to have to grovel. Maybe Joxer would forgive him if he could get some of those chocolates that Dite kept for Joxer and Strife. Both of the pregnant gods got them when the cravings became to much. He was thankful. Some of the things Joxer had wanted to eat had sent his stomach reeling.

Both Ares and Apollo were on their feet the minute that Iolous mentioned that Joxer shouldn't have left. They looked at one another in a panic. What if he was right what if someone wanted their honey? Before they could flash to the small group another figures entered the mirror.

"Oh shit!"

They flashed out quickly, but by the time they arrives it was to late. Joxer had been taken by the other two gods.


Chapter 3

"Like I can't believe that worked." Eris rolled her eyes and looked over at her sister.

"I told you they'd flip." Dite nodded and snuggled up against Heph and Eris.

Heph chuckled as he listened to Joxer tell his brothers off and flash away.

"Okay let's go get 'im." Eris said as she jumped to her feet.

"Nope not yet. They have to hear what he says to the girls." Eris pouted and sat back down.

Dite giggled and pulled Eris back against them. The smaller goddess snuggled closer and put her arms around the two. When Eris had come up with the idea to force Ares and Apollo to face their fer Joxer Dite hadn't believed it would work. After all Eris was Discord not Love. However she should have realized that her younger spouse would know what to do. After all she was the one who got Cupid and Strife to admit their feelings for each other after nearly a century apart. Heph grinned and hugged his wives tighter as Joxer began to vent to his friends. He chuckled when the two men growled over their daughters touching their husband. Really those two were just to much. He was glad that his marriage had been an easier one than theirs. hera had simply come to him one day and told him he was marring Eris and Dite on the next full moon. Since he had loved his aunt and his sister his whole life it was an easy marriage for him. He had been afraid that Dite and Eris would be repulsed by him because of his scars. Instead they had attacked him and kept him in bed for nearly a week.

Much the way Ares and Apollo had Joxer. He sighed and winced when Dite and Eris swore as the truth behind the three friends relationdhip came out. Neither goddess had known about that. The swaering became even more heart felt at the arrival of Auto and the other two.

They decided to go get Joxer when Iolous started going on about Joxer staying on Olympus. Ares and Apollo were going to go get Joxer before they could. Heph roared with laughter at the duos reaction to Dite and Eris arriving. By the time they reached the camp his wives had already taken Joxer.

Joxer looked around him in confusion when they arrived in the main hall. There were presents everywhere and his two favorite goddesses were giggling.

"What in Tarturus are you doing with Joxer?" Ares bellow reached them as they turned to see Ares, Apollo and the small band behind them. They were all glaring at the two goddesess and looked ready to strangle them.

"Suprise!" Hera called.

Gods and Goddesses alike flashed into view with presents.

Heph was a few feet away grinning like a lunatic.

"It's a baby shower." Strife said with a giggle. The younger god waddled over to stand beside his mothers and Joxer.

"Why not just tell us instead of grabbing him like that?" Apollo growled.

"Because then you wouldn't have learned the truth." Eris snapped.

Ares suddenly grinned at his brother and swooped in and grabbed his spouse. "You love us!" he crowed.

Joxer nodded and blushed, realizing that they had listened to his conversation with the girls. Ares kissed him then passed him to Apollo who did the same. When he broke the kiss both men stood on either side of him.

"So Joxer what was on that scroll Gabby gave you?" Joxer flushed deep red and giggled again. "Later, right know I want to celebrate our child and get presents."

Ares and Apollo laughed and agreed.

END

Sorry I couldn't resist ending it his way. This was also an answer to the Ksares single line challenge.
My line was "For the first time, I knew that my secret joy was a thing men would fight for, even die for."