Title: Unity

Author: Caliadragon

Pairing: Cupid/Strife

Part 4 of the Truth Series

Rating: PG-13

Feedback: Sure, Please? caliadragon@yahoo.com

Summary: Marriage changes things for the better.

Archive: If you want it its okay

Disclaimer: As always I own nothing.



Truth 4: Unity
by Caliadragon

Cupid shifted and snuggled into the arms holding him. A small smile drifted over his face as the arms tightened. He opened his eyes slowly and found himself looking into two beautiful blue-eyes.


Strife smiled and kissed him gently.

Cupid groaned and rolled over on top of his husband. He felt Strife's laughter before he heard it. Breaking away he grinned down at him.

"Good Mornin." Strife said, his eyes dancing with humor.

"Good Morning." Cupid answered and moved against him.

Pleasure coursed through him and heightened as Strife's eyes darkened with passion. He was leaning down to kiss him again when a cry caught his attention. Strife rolled Cupid over and went to their son. Cupid watched as he gently lifted the baby.


Sighing in pleasure at the tender way he held Bliss. "Good morning sweetheart, are you hungry?" Strife's voice was low and gentle.


Bliss cooed in response. Causing Strife to laugh.

Flashing clothes onto himself Cupid joined his family. He pulled them into the cradle of his arms. They both sighed in pleasure.


Strife had never thought he could be so happy. He and Cupid had been married nearly a year. To the surprise of most of the pantheon their marriage had cemented the bonds between the Houses of Love and War. The two houses seemed to merge over night. Even though they had children in common both houses had kept an uneasy distance. That no longer existed.

Both Ares and Eris had become friends with Dite and Heph. The Gods and Goddesses noted that the four seemed happier than they had in centuries. There was still the occasional blow up, but mostly it was eased through compromise.

Strife was pulled away from his thoughts by Bliss patting his cheek. He laughed and flashed cloths onto himself. "Let's go feed our babe."

Cupid dropped a kiss on the back of his neck and released them. They normally wouldn't have worried about clothes, but Strife had been ill the day before and Cupid had talked him into letting Ace take a look at him. The god would be there soon.

Strife was fine until they began to eat. Then suddenly he was flashing from the room.

"Strife!" Cupid called out in alarm.


Eris and Dite flashed in together. Before they could say anything Cupid yelled, "Watch Bliss!", and flashed away.

The two startled goddesses looked at one another, then went to their grandson. He cooed and waved his hands at them. Ace appeared as they where settling down. "Good morning, La-"

"Ace! Get in here!" Cupid shouted, interrupting his greeting. He immediately flashed to the pair.

Strife groaned and rolled onto his back. "Strife. Cupid."


Ace greeted them, then went over and began to examine Strife. Cupid was wringing his hands.

"Well? What's wrong?" He demanded.

Ace resisted the urge to laugh. He turned solemnly to Cupid. He stood and motioned him over to Strife. "Well that answers a question the whole pantheon has been wondering about."

Cupid growled. "What?"


"Strife is pregnant." Ace said with a grin.

Eris and Dite jumped. "STRIFE'S PREGNANT?!" They looked at one another and began to laugh. Bliss giggled and slapped his hands onto the tray of his high chair. All over the pantheon Gods and Goddesses alike where frozen as the words echoed. Apollo was rolling on the floor laughing, much to the amusement of Hermes and the Muses.

"Strife?" Cupid asked tentatively.

Strife smiled his pleasure. "We're gonna have a baby." He whispered.

Cupid kissed him breathless.

end