Title: The Stranger

Author:Caliadragon

Fandom: XENA/HERC/ANITA BLAKE VAMPIRE HUNTER

Pairings: MULTIPLE

Status: New

Archive: Yes just please let me know.

Feedback: Pretty, Pretty please? at caliadragon@yahoo.com

Series: 1st in The Portal Travels

Disclaimer: I own only what I create. The people at Ren Pics own Joxer and Co. The Gods own themselves and me. Blueskye is my creation with inspiration and mention of other characters thought of by Laurell K. Hamilton and the wonderful people on the Xandi RPG.

Summary: A very special woman is thrown through time to fulfill a prophecy and stop the coming evil. Along the way she unites up with gods and mortals alike, all of whom are changed in some way.

*Means thought speech*

 

The Portal Travels 1: The Stranger
by Caliadragon

The clash of sword, the flash of light; the smell of blood filling the air. The two combatants paid little heed to them. They were to busy concentrating on trying to kill one another. It was truly a battle of Good and Evil, Dark and Light. Thrust, parry, slash, scream and bleed. Both sides where beginning to tire. Finally with the final lunge a sword pierced the chest of one opponent and a scream of pain and rage rang through the air.

"The wounded man snarled, "You may have beaten me, but I will be the winner." Fire consumed him as it did magic prickled the air and a portal opened beside them.

The other warrior tried to escape, but to no avail. The portal pulled sucked them both through. Closing with a shudder as they disappeared through.

Far away in another town a man gasped at the lose of contact with his child. He screamed her name and collapsed. His lover and friends held him as near by his niece and nephew wept at their lose. Troy finally managed to awaken Gabrielle and get an answer to why the three were so torn up. Gabrielle clung to him and wept. "She's gone. My little girl is gone. I can't feel her."

Stunned silence filled the room. They watched as Gabrielle and the twins pulled together. They rocked with their grief. No one knew how to help them. She was a creature of light, someone not meant to die.

A groaned escaped cracked and bleeding lips as she sat up slowly and looked around her. Pain seemed to scream through her entire body. As she looked around her she saw the burning remains of her foe. She swore as she remembered what he had done. She wondered where and when she was. Damn! She eased herself to her feet, cursing the thrust of pain through her body. She flexed a bit of power and called her sword to her. Another flex and the sword disappeared to wait for her to need it again. Now to get rid of the body and make it disappear for good. she waved a had and it burnt completely to ash. She followed the path to a road. She sighed and decided to follow the road to the east. Maybe she could find someone so she could find out where she was.

She had only walked a couple of hours when she was suddenly knocked off her feet.

"Joxer!" A male voice said in amusement. The man on top of her groaned and sat up. He was straddling her when their eyes met.

She was still gasping from the pain radiating through her body. Yet there was something else as well. Something pure and sweet.

When he saw the blood and the wounds he gasped. "Gods! Did I do that?" His voice squeaked with alarm.

"Do what?" a voice asked.

Two men came into view.

She blinked in confusion. "Shit, I must be in worse shape than I thought. Now I'm seeing the three of you. One's wearing a pasta strainer and looking so cute. Another's dressed in black leather and looking deadly and the last is in velvet and looking like a pretty girl."

Joxer smiled shyly. "These are my brothers."

she blinked. "That's good at least I'm not crazy."

Joxer's smile disappeared.

She shuddered and fainted.

"Joxer, what are you doing?" Jett laughed.

"He's falling over a woman." Jace teased.

"Xena I think you better come look at her. She's really hurt." Joxer said to the woman behind him. He eased off of her and watched as Xena knelt to attend her.

As Xena examined the girls wounds she could sense something about her. "We had better create a litter and take her into the next town."

"Can you help her now?"

She looked at Iolous. "No. There's something about her. I don't know she feel's like Aphrodite and Cupid." They all looked at her in surprise.

Hercules knelt by them as well and looked at her wounds. "I think these wounds where caused by a fireball. Some of them look they where caused by claws and a weapon of some sort." He said quietly.

As he and Xena touched her, her breathing seemed to worsen. They looked at one another quietly.

Joxer put his hand on her cheek and her breathing eased. "Maybe she's a god." he said.

"It would explain her strange clothing." Gabrielle said.

Joxer sighed, he hadn't noticed she was dressed strange. All he had seen was her unusual eyes and that she was hurt.

"Herc maybe you should call Ace.'' Iolous said knowing his friend would consider him easier to handle than Apollo.

Hercules grimaced, but did as his friend suggested.

Ace growled in frustration and pulled away from his husband.

"I better go, Uncle Herc doesn't call me unless its real important." Demios nodded and watched as his lover flashed away. He silently vowed to ask Strife to pull a good trick on his Uncle if it wasn't real important. As Ace appeared in front of them he looked around to gauge what who was hurt. There was something strange in the air and none of the group looked injured.

"What's up?" They all moved aside so he could see her.

Ace frowned and knelt beside the girl. His eyes widened when he read her. "Oh Shit!" He suddenly burst out, causing Joxer to fall backwards away from them. He lifted her gently into his arms and flashed away.

"Well thats that." Iolous said as he gently eased Joxer back up off the ground.

Ace flashed directly into the main healing chamber in his room.

Silently calling for his husband he began to think of the various gods he should call. The first two were Dite and Cupid. Though she had the feel of the War Gods, the Death gods and his father. Then there was the fact that she pulsated Heph's signature as well. He was confused and afraid. His unease fed to Demios who was near hysterical by the time he reached Ace. He was going to ask him what was wrong when several gods appeared at once. Both gods gulped when they saw who had arrived. Ares and Eris flashed in together.

Cupid and Strife were on one side of the room.

Thantos had appeared to their left and Apollo, Dite and Heph where to their right.

"What are ya'll up to? Ace was thinkin so hard I could hear his pulse and Demios is hysterical." Ace gulped, both he and Demios tried to stay out of everyone's way. In truth their affair had gone over even worse than when the pantheon had found out about Cupid and Strife.

They had only been married a couple of days and feared their stronger relatives reactions. He looked at his mother-in-law and trembled.

None of the other gods could figure out their sudden fear. "Aunt Dite, I think you might want to look at the girl on the bed." She frowned at him and walked over to her. She gasped and spun to face him. The rage on her face had Demios stepping in front of his lover.

Both gods where wishing this where all a shared nightmare and that Morpheous would just let them wake up. Morpheous flashed into the room. He scowled at the group. "Alright who's so scared they brought me here?" He growled. Both young gods whimpered.

Dite sighed her rage momentarily forgotten in her sons distress. "Calm down and tell me why one of my Fey are here and so badly injured." Every god in the room turned to look at the bed in shock. None of them had actually ever seen one of Dite's Fey. They where jealously guarded and protected from the influence of the other gods. The only time another god had messed with one of her Fey a dark creature had been born and she and Baccus had nearly killed Loki and caused an war with the Norns. Ace quickly told her what he knew. As he spoke Demios gently began to rub his back. As he did both gods calmed down. Dite took notice of this and wondered when they where going to announce that they where married.

 

 

*Chapter 2*

"You said Joxie was with them?" Dite asked.

Ace nodded worried about what she would do.

Joxer looked around wildly as he appeared. "What, where?"

"Relax Joxie, I need you to tell me what you know about her."

He looked at the gods around him then down at the girl on the bed. He quickly told them what happened.

Dite frowned. "Did she say anything of where she had come from?"

Joxer shook his head.

She sighed then looked over at Ares in surprise when he grabbed his head and winced. "Xena's screaming, she wants to know who took Joxer and that he's okay. I better go calm her down." He grimaced at the thought of facing his daughter and his brother together.

"I'll do it Dad." Cupid said with a grin and flashed away when Ares nodded.

Within a few moments Ares was grinning. "Cupid's calmed her down, but Jace is flirting. It maybe a few minutes before he gets back."

Strife giggled. "Joxer how much do you got in common with yer brothers?" He leered.

Joxer looked at him in confusion. "A lot."


Dite giggled, making the other gods look at him in speculation.

Joxer decided to ignore the confusing gods and hope they forgot whatever it was that was making them look at him like he was a piece of fruit ripe for the picking. He walked over to the bed and knelt down by the girl. Unable to stop himself from touching her. He gently placed a hand on her cheek. When he touched her the mark on her cheek began to heal and she began to purr. Turning her face further into his hand. Dite smiled and wondered how Joxer would feel if he knew she only healed through the touch of something pure.

Blueskye felt the touch on her face and felt the sweetness of a pure soul. Though the touch eased the pain in her cheek the rest of her body burned with it. "Fuck Monkey." She growled slowly opening her eyes. Somewhere close she could hear someone giggle. She blinked slightly.

In front of her were the clearest, sweetest eyes she had ever seen. "Hey cutie."

She laughed weakly when he blushed.

Suddenly she felt the presence of other powerful beings. She put the last of her power reserves into rising to her feet.

*

Ares jerked in surprise when the girl suddenly jumped to her feet. A sword appeared in her hand as she thrust Joxer behind her and took up a protective stance. The fierce look on her face and her sudden action raised her in his estimation. It was obvious, despite her being from Dite, that she was a warrior. "Where am I? she snarled.

Ace looked at her in shock, with her injuries she shouldn't even be standing. And many of her wounds seemed to be healed already. What was happening?"

"You are on Olympus." Ares said calmly.

She scowled at him. "Who are you?" she growled.

Joxer gulped and looked at her in surprise. She was obviously hurt so bad she didn't recognize one of the best gods on Olympus. He thought maybe he should tell he before Ares got upset and blasted her. Before Joxer could say anything there was a flash of light and Cupid reappeared beside Strife.

Ares watched as her eyes widened and the sword lowered. "Cupid." she breathed as she limped over to him. The sword disappeared as she did. When she reached him she knelt down in front of him.

Ares sighed at the sight of a warrior kneeling before his son. "Honey, your still pretty hurt. I think maybe we need to conjure you up a bath."

Blueskye turned to look behind her. When she saw the woman standing there a feeling of awe raced through her. "My Lady." she whispered.

Dite giggled as she watched pleasure and awe cross her child's face.

 

*Chapter 3*

Cupid was worried as to how the Fey child had gotten there and why he didn't know who she was. He had at one time or another he had looked in on all of them. Then his eyes widened as he realized his mother knew her. He never went to the ones in the future. It was decided only the twelve could time travel. That meant she was from the future. He looked down at her and realized she was hurt a lot worse than he had thought at first. He could sense a small rip in her stomach. She had several more internal injuries. He thought up a tub of pure warm water. She looked over at it and Dite smiled her approval. "You need to get into the bath. You have to many injuries to let them heal naturally." Dite said.

Blueskye grimaced as she realized the condition she was in. She gritted her teeth and forced herself to her feet. Limping to the tub she thought away her clothes. She didn't notice the looks of appreciation on the faces of those watching.

Apollo grinned from ear to ear. It was to bad she was one of Dite's creations, she was definitely fuckable. Joxer had also noticed how beautiful she was, but he had also noticed her pain. Without thinking he hurried over to her.

She smiled as he put his arm around her and let her lean on him. The Love Gods grinned at the shock they felt from the others as her bruises began to disappear where he was touching her. She allowed Joxer to help her into the water then with a moan of pleasure she emersed herself fully into the water. Just when Joxer was beginning to wonder if she was drowning she burst from the water. To his amazement she hovered above the tub for several moments before she landed beside it lightly.

Blueskye closed her eyes in pleasure as she felt the return of her health and powers. She lifted her arms above her head and stretched luxuriously. When she opened her eyes they were glowing softly. She smiled at Joxer's look of awed confusion.

"Are you a Goddess?" He asked shyly.

Her smile widened. "No child, I am an Elemental Fey.

Strife giggled. "Yer still nekkid." he reminded her.

She turned and smiled at him. Her eyes narrowed slightly and she walked across the room slowly. When she was closer to him she grabbed him and kissed him. Purring slightly as it deepened. When she released him she grinned at Cupid. "I never thought I'd be able to kiss him."

Dite laughed again and thought of how she would respond to Heph. Her body tingled with all the sexual energy her fey was causing.

"Ah, not that I mind, but what was that for?" Strife asked. He was hard and thinking about flashing Cupie away for some one on one time.

"I've always wanted to meet you m'lord." She said quietly.

Her glow was beginning to spread.

Dite laughed again at the look of pride on Cupid's face. Blueskye had ignored all of the other gods, except Ares.

"Blueskye is a creation of Love, but she is a product of all of the Gods. She follows Strife and my Heph. Of course she also follows Ares, Hades, Gaia and Apollo."

Apollo was surprised at the different gods the girl followed. He was also surprised to have his name among them.

Blueskye looked around her at the different gods present and shook her head in wonderment. "This is almost worth being thrown backward in time." She said wonderingly.

Joxer gapped, she was from the future! She looked at him and smiled. Then with a thought she dressed herself. Disappointment was keen. When she saw Heph she swayed. "Oh my God!"

They all watched as she walked to him. She seemed to be in a trance. As she neared him her glow began to heighten. When she got to him she smiled and reached out and touched his scared cheek. They both gasped.

He reached and grabbed her as she began to fall. When he did she began to force her power into him. The power of her devotion and her love encased him.

Blinding the others.

Dite cried out when she could see again. Both Heph and Blueskye were on the floor. Joxer and she ran to them. Gently they pulled them apart. Joxer held Blueskye in his arms. Heph looked up at them as Blueskye gasped for air. There was an audible response to the way he looked.

"HEPH!" Ares cried hurrying to him. The others joined them. He was healed. His scars were gone. Dite looked at them in confusion.

"What, what's wrong?" Joxer and Cupid were also confused. "What's wrong with him?" Joxer asked in concern.

"His scars are gone."

"What scars?" Cupid asked. The other two looked at them in confusion.

Heph laughed softly.

"They have never seen the scars. They are pure souls so they only see whats inside." Strife said quietly. They all looked at him in surprise. He merely grinned at them in response.

Joxer was getting worried about Blueskye her breathing was getting worse.

"Joxer, earth." she gasped and clung to him.

Heph was still reeling from the contact with the girl. When he touched her he felt all of the gods, even those in Tartarus. He had also felt another presence trying to fight its way through a barrier.

Dite looked at Blueskye and gasped in shock. "Cupid flash her down to earth! She's dying!"

Cupid flashed the three of them away. Strife followed. As they flashed away the Fates and the rest of the twelve flashed in.

Hera cried out in joy at the sight of her son. "The broken strength of Olympus healed by the touch of a creature created of love, but serving all of the gods. Through a portal door an immortal fell. God but not. Old but young. To save us from Dark god she must travel to her destiny with both god, mortal and those who dwell between. All but she will be on equal footing. Part of all but dedicated to Flame and Frenzy, the savor named for light and night. But lose her and lose us all."

As the Fates finished the prophecy Apollo said, "Can't you ever talk straight?"

This brought a snort of laughter from the other gods. Destiny flashed in and glared at her sisters who giggled and disappeared, leaving her to break the news.

 

*Chapter 4*

Destiny looked at the assembled gods and sighed, wondering why her sisters always did this to her. "Blueskye Silvernight has come through a portal to the past. She has the powers and the abilities of the gods to a point. She has weaknesses that we do not. She healed Hephestus and in doing so insured a strong allie in the battle against Dahok. She was created by Aphrodite but follows Hephestus and Strife. She is unlike any we will ever meet. There is elements of all the gods in her for this reason alone she is a connection to us all. On this journey all gods will be render powerless. You will have your strength and your immortality and nothing more. The four mortals who join you on this quest will have their abilities enhanced and they will be granted immortality. Love, Death, War and Healing will be represented on this journey. Mortal born Gabrielle is a healer, Jett is death incarnate, While Jace is made for love, Joxer is a pure soul who loves his dark god, helps to heal those who hurt and sets with those who die. In this he is the most important of the four and must not die. Hercules is godly born and seeks to heal through peace wherever he roams. Xena is made from war, but seeks retribution for breaking the creed of her father whom she is sworn.

Iolous is a child of love and death, spending time in both godly homes. Cupid is love incarnate, Apollo is healing itself, Ares and Eris two halves of one whole to War they are sworn. And Strife will follow as he is the one who makes up them all for he is with love, he has healed Cupid's broken heart, has been with death and is sworn to war. If he dies we shall all fall." Then with a wave of her hand they all flashed out to the valley where Cupid had taken Joxer and Blueskye.

The group looked around them in anger and confusion. Hercules growled at Ares and went to him to demand to know what was going on. before he could Blueskye began to scream. "Joxer! Put me on the ground and move away I'm going to shift!"

Joxer did as she bid and they all watched in amazement as her clothes were rended from her body. Her bones popped out of place and realigned themselves. Clear fluid and blood rolled off of her body and hair sprouted all over. When it was finished a beautiful black panther lay in her place. Then she shifted back. She lay on the grass naked and panting. She began to glow again as her body absorbed the powers of the earth and her strength was restored.

Blueskye rolled over onto her back and lay staring at the sky. She sat up slowly and looked around her. She smiled at the group. She then rolled onto her stomach and looked at Ares.

"What the hell are you?" Xena growled.

"Horny." She answered promptly.

Cupid and Strife both started laughing. Looking back at them she grinned at crawled over to crouch at Cupid's feet. Strife laughed again. "Yer nekkid again."

She sighed, "No wonder I feel so good. Clothes such a pain."

This set Cupid and Strife to laughing again. She thought herself dressed.

"Ares what is going on?" Hercules demanded.

"We better get comfortable. None of you are going to like what I have to say."

Strife looked at Ares uneasily. "Unc ya look like ya just ran into the Fates." Ares nodded. Strife and Cupid paled.

 

*Chapter 5*

Cupid swayed and clutched Strife's hand. The last time the Fates had intervened in their lives he had been killed by the hell bitch Callisto. Even though Hades had returned him after Callisto was defeated by Xena it had still hurt to feel him die. It was made worse by the fact that the Fates had kept secret the fact that Strife would be returned. "It seems Dahok has returned, now thanks to the Fates and Destiny we are all powerless."

Strife groaned. "We're gonna be mortal again?"

"No we have everything but our powers."

The two young gods sighed in relief.

"Where are we to start?" Blueskye asked.

He looked down at her and smiled ruefully. "I have no idea, that was not told to me. Joxer where were you and your brothers headed?"

Joxer gulped and stuttered, "C-Corinth."

Ares nodded then turned to look at the other four. "Daughter where were you going?"

Xena squirmed, she hated being around her family. It reminded her of how badly she had failed them. "We were also on our way to Corinth with Hercules and Iolous." She finally answered.

Gabrielle shifted nervously. She was upset at the news of Dahok's return. The spell he had placed on her had brought on the rise of her evil daughter Hope and the death of Xena's son. She knew that she would never be able to get over what she had done. She also knew the gods still held it against her. She was therefore surprised when Eris patted her on the arm.

"Don't worry Gabrielle we will protect you no matter what."

Tears filled the bards eyes and she nodded her thanks.

Blueskye pulled in a pain filled breath bringing attention to her. They were surprised to see tears in her eyes.

Strife lowered himself down beside her. "What's wrong?" He asked soothingly.

"Her name reminded me." She murmured.

"Reminded you?" Cupid asked as he settled himself down on the other side of her.

"My womb father, he and the rest of my family will think I'm dead." Blueskye shuddered and wrapped her arms tight around herself. "I- do you think Lady Aphrodite could go to the future and tell him I'm still alive?" She asked Ares.

He looked at her for a moment and then called Dite.

"There you are those damn Fates were blocking me from finding you."

They all grinned over the fact that her voice arrived before she did. She flashed into the clearing looking around her in irritation. When she saw that Blueskye was distressed she hurried over to her. "What's wrong baby, Didn't you heal?"

"She want's to know if you could go to the future and tell her family she's still alive." Strife answered.

Dite grinned. "You bet! Man that whole healing thing has really perked Hephy up. I better go now or I won't get a chance for a couple of days."

Blueskye snickered. "Actually it will probably be longer than that."

Dite's eyes widened. "Oh!" She then giggled. The laughter left her eyes though a few minutes later and she looked over at Ares. "Arry something’s hinky about this whole thing. Zeus is freaking and the Fates have blocked contact with the gods from you guys. I don't think this has anything to do with Dahok. Zeus was snarling that it was to soon and that he was really pissed at Blueskye. Be careful and don't call on daddy Herc!"

Hercules looked at her in surprise, then nodded.

Ares scowled. "This is just great! What game are those women playing at?!"

 

Chapter 6

Blueskye sighed, she was really bored. After Aphrodite left everyone went quiet. Hercules and Ares were glaring at one another and it was getting boring. She turned her attention to Joxer. He really was an interesting human. There
was something about him that called to her strongly. He looked over at her and blushed. She surprised everyone by standing up and walking to him. She sat down on his lap and put her arms around his neck. "Joxer, I owe you a boon. tell me what you wish and if it is in my power I will give it to you." She ignored the responses that her voice brought from the others. Sometimes she could speak and bring out deep passion in anyone listening.

Joxer looked at her in surprise when she sat on his lap, but it felt nice to hold her. He was unused to people wanting to touch him or asking what he wanted. Unconsciously he began to rub her back. He smiled when she purred and lay her
head on his shoulder. *This is nice.* he thought.

"Yes it is, but you still haven't answered my question."

He started at the sound of her voice. *Can you hear my thoughts?*

*Yes.*

*Wow!*

She chuckled softly making him shiver.

*I wish I wasn't so clumsy.*

Blueskye straightened up in his arms and straddled his lap. "I can answer that wish, but you will have to get rid of your armour."


She kissed him gently when his face fell. "I'll replace it with something better I promise."

Ares looked at his nephew in confusion. Strife was a little insane its why he dealt with Mania and Bia, so Ares was hoping he could explain what was going on. He knew that hope was fruitless when he saw the confusion on Strife's face. He was surprised at the jealousy running through him at the sight of her on Joxer's lap. Joxer was his! Where in Hades had that come from? He sighed and turned back to the pair. He was surprised to see that both mortal and fey were looking at him.

Blueskye grinned at him and winked. *Don't worry my lord. You are the one he loves. I just want to care for and protect him for you.*

Ares gapped at her. *HUH?*

Laughter was his only answer.

 

end part 6