Title: Gaia's Children
Author: Kate R.

Disclaimer: I don't own the gods but then, neither does anyone else. I don't remember who owns Captain Planet but that isn't me either. I make no money so please don't sue.

Rating: PG-13 I think.

Summary: the Planeteers meet Gaia's other Children who have lessons to teach them about the natural order.

 

Gaia's Children
by Kate R.

Prologue: Discovering Death

"Gaia, we're back!" Wheeler called as the Eco-Jet landed.

They all noticed the Island was unusually quiet as they made their way into the crystal chamber where Gaia normally was.

"Gaia?" Gi called. "Gaia, where are you?"

"Hush!" Mati said suddenly. "Gaia is not answering for a reason. Let it be."

"What's wrong, little buddy?" Wheeler asked the youngest child.

Mati looked at him blankly for a moment.

"Gaia has a right to her privacy. She's with someone right now. Someone who was hurt a very long time ago. More than that is not your business."

"But we're her Planeteers. She should want to know the outcome as soon as we get home."

"Not in this case, Gi," Quami said as he joined Mati on the other side of the room. "She is with someone as Mati said. Let it be."

"No, I want to know who," Gi said. "Who is taking up her time?"

"My son," Gaia said form behind them. "And I'll thank you not to yell like that again. Now, I know the outcome already. Please, go to your bungalows and let me be."

"Yes, Gaia," Quami said.

He and Mati dragged the others out of the room. Mati looked back at her and swallowed at the look of pain he saw. It was so heart wrenching that it caused his ring to flare. She looked at him
with deep sadness as she then turned back into a hidden room. Mati and Quami saw her.

"It's all right now, Hades. The children have gone. They shouldn't disturb you like that again," she paused a moment as if listening to something. "No, they don't understand the world balance. And yes, I know they will figure it out eventually. But, you are my son and you need to rest. Son, grandson, does it matter? I raised you all after your parents were sent to the Isle of the Blessed. I know. I know. They are so young. I knew you don't agree with them. Yes---yes, I'll see what can be done. Yes."

Gaia smiled as she left the room, closing the door behind her.

Her eldest grandson needed his rest. He was healing but it was taking such a long time. But, at least now she could speak to his spirit. For that, she was grateful.

 

Chapter 1: Death Awakens

It was a quiet, lazy day on Hope Island when the Eco Villains decided to attack. The Planeteers were caught completely flatfooted and summoning Captain Planet was a stupid idea. He was captured easily. Covered in sludge and radioactive rocks. The radiation wasn't doing much to help Gaia either but she did not want to cry out. Not until they threatened the children. Her spirit cried out and there was a sudden surge of power. Someone answered.

The very ground shook and the Eco Villains waited for someone else they could douse with radioactive rocks. When the mouth of a nearby cave that was sealed exploded open, they all stared. But the attack did not come from there. No, that was the diversion. The attack came from the ground beneath their feet. The ground surged up and wrapped around them, holding them in
place. Duke Nuke'Em began to scream as his radiation was drained out of him leaving him just an ordinary man. He stared as there was suddenly a gout of Black Fire form the ground and then, standing before them was a tall man wearing leather and armor. His eyes were a piercing jewel toned blue and in his hands was a staff. He pointed it at the villains and seemed to see something
revealed by it.

"Tartarus!" He roared.

And while they stared at him and Gaia smiled, the man turned to the hero and waved his hand. The Earth wrapped around him and leeched the poison off. Then, it formed a bowl and rose to the man's height so he could see it and study. The black fire came again and removed the poison. He stared at them all; hero and Villain alike, with a dark look on his face before he turned to Gaia.

"Mother," he said. "Are you well?"

"I will be Hades," she answered him. "I will be."


END PROLOGUE