Fire In His Soul

by Spooky

This is a sequel to my fic "Tallicus" You don't particularly need to read the first one, but if you want to, it's on my page at http://ds.dial.pipex.com/spookyuki/warn.html


Fire In His Soul
by Spooky



CHAPTER ONE

"Iolaus."

"Hmm?" Iolaus stirred and his eyelids fluttered open. It was still the middle of the night and the hunter was tired. His barely awake mind had heard someone call his name, but a reassuring pat of the muscular arm beside him, and the lack of response, told the hunter that he had been dreaming.

He shut his eyes again and was just back into that nice warm buzz of slumber, when he heard the voice again.

"We need you, Iolaus. Please..."

He sat up and looked about the familiar darkness of Hercules' cottage. Moon light shone dimly through the window; and in the half light, once the hunter’s eyes had adjusted, he could see no one was there.

He shook his head. He had definitely heard a voice. It was a compelling voice, slightly familiar to him. A voice that carried right down into his soul. He turned and looked at Hercules, who slept peacefully beside him, then sighed and got up. For some reason he was wide awake now. He didn’t want to disturb his lover with his inability to sleep.

He found his pants, folded neatly on a chair and smiled. Tonight he had been far too tired to do anything, had left his clothes on the floor and gone to bed before Herc. The tidy demigod must have cleaned up. Trust him. He slipped them on and decided to go for a moonlit walk by the river.

The night was warm and windless, and Iolaus sniffed the air with a sense of well-being. He loved this time of night when all was quiet and still, not a sound except perhaps the call of an owl and the slight squeak of its prey breathing its last.

He padded barefoot down to the river bank and sat down, looking over the blackened waters, watching the slight splash of some night creature looking for sleeping fish.

Ever since he had come back from the light a few months ago, Iolaus had been more aware than ever before of the life around him. He treasured each moment that had been returned to him, and cherished his lover more than he ever had the first time... before Dahak...

Iolaus shuddered and bowed his head, trying not to think of that, and failing miserably. He had been helpless as the being had overtaken his body, seduced him and used him for his own ends. Hercules had saved him at last and he had been sent to the light, only to return back to the arms of the one man who meant more to him than his own soul.

He thought back to the fight over his possession, and what Hercules had done to get him away from the hold Dahak had over him. He remembered Hercules declaring his love for him then a raging storm of fury at what was being done with his body. His soul-mate’s love and...

Something else had come to the fore then. He had found it almost easy to defeat Dahak. Joined with Hercules' love for him and the irresistible force that had suffused him, Iolaus had finally found the strength to fight back, and make Dahak give back his body at last.

Yeah, it had been a dead body, but it was his, and he didn’t want just anyone taking it over and using it for its own ends.

His musing was interrupted once more by a soft glow of light beside him. He sighed. No please, not more gods. He really wished that Hercules' family would leave him alone.

But the light did not coalesce into a divine being. It stayed wispy and indistinct.

"You have to help us. Please, Iolaus."

Iolaus got to his feet, startled as the apparition spoke. "Who in Tartarus’ name are you?"

"We can give you your memory back... but please... help. He’s destroying us"

"Who is? What are you talking about?" Iolaus demanded. He thought briefly about running to get Hercules. This seemed to be the kind of thing that Herc was better at dealing with. But the amorphous shape was flickering and dying. It didn't have long.

"Touch us..." came a mournful echoing voice.

Iolaus stared suspiciously at the shape.

"We won’t hurt you. Please. Our time is short."

Iolaus shrugged and thrust his hand into the light, and suddenly fell to his knees gasping as a welter of images came flooding into his mind. He pulled away, not hurt at all, but confused and trying to assimilate what had just been given to him.

With a last flicker the shape was gone.

Iolaus knelt there in the moonlight wondering what the hell was happening, then his whole being was overtaken with lassitude and he lay down in the long fragrant grass. Within moments his eyes had shut and he was deeply asleep.



CHAPTER TWO

Iolaus dreamed, fell back into memories that surfaced from an area of his mind that had been locked away for two years.

‘...."Just who are these guys anyway?" Hercules asked, re-reading the parchment. "A travelling group of minstrels. They’re very popular," the messenger said...’

‘..."Iphicles. I really don’t have time for looking after a group of musicians," he burst out after a moment. "Why is Ares after their asses?"

Iphicles coloured slightly. "Well. It’s sort of personal, but one of them took something that belonged to Ares and he’s vowed to get even."...’

‘..."Inspired by Thor!" Klas laughed. "He and I are... good friends. He gave me the shells. I’m not sure, but I think he enchanted them. The music is far too loud for it to be anything else. Thor likes loud."...’

'..."Ares and I... we’re lovers too."

Iolaus gaped in surprise and shock. "You and .... Ares?"

"Yes. Ares. God of war. Mean guy, big sword." Iphicles blushed, and pushed his long reddish curls out of his face."...’

‘...I want to fuck you. I want to tear all your clothes off and ram my cock into you. I want to feel you holding me close, moaning my name, moving with me as I take you.... Iolaus groaned and pulled away. "What are you doing to me?" he panted....’

‘..."Iph. There’s something weird going on with these guys," Iolaus said, pacing the room. "He swears he didn’t touch Kirok, but when I got him to our room and undressed him, there was come all over his pants."...’

‘..."Are you sure he hasn’t just gone for a walk?"

Janus rounded on Iolaus and a dagger snaked out of his grasp, flew across the room and buried itself in the door mere inches from Iolaus' head. "Does that answer your question?" he asked....’

‘..."What are you...?" Iolaus stammered finally, unable to fit all they had told him into his mind all in one go.

Kirok smiled slowly. "We are what should have been - what has always been. What will be."...’

‘..."You want me again?" he whispered, his voice deep and velvety. "Do you want me to fuck you again?"

"Oh Gods, Yes, Janus. Do whatever you want to me," Iolaus shakily replied....’

‘...‘You will feel him here. Let him in. Be his ocean.’...’

‘..."Will it hurt?"

Janus gave Iolaus his feral grin. "How can one love fire and not get burned?"

"I don’t understand..." Iolaus was more confused than ever.

"Yes. It’ll hurt, but not for long. Kirok has already given you what you need to be with me, and when this is over, he’ll take it back. You won’t remember. You can love Hercules again like you always did. I wouldn’t ruin what you and he have."...’

‘...Let me in....

JANUS!!!!

LET ME IN!

i can’t i can’t it hurts it hurts.... nonononononono...’

‘...Gods. I’m seeing him as he really is!...’

‘...With a grunting animal cry, Ares stiffened, obviously reaching orgasm. Iolaus watched in the suddenly brighter light and saw the god withdraw from the tiny man he had impaled on his cock. The hunter caught a glimpse of that impossible length and he shuddered in sympathy for Klas. Klas hung limply in his chains, but Iolaus heard his voice. "Is that the best you can do? I didn’t even come yet. Call yourself a lover?"...’

‘..."No. Don’t," Klas whispered at Iolaus' chest. "You can’t destroy him. The world needs him."

"What do you mean?" Iolaus asked urgently.

"Janus.... not... kill Ares.... Stop him."...’

‘...With a shriek, Janus went flying against the wall of the temple, green light engulfing the red aura around him. When he landed the fire was quenched and he seemed like an ordinary man again.

Iolaus forgot about him, going to Ares and turning him over. "I ought to let you die, you bastard!" he said. "But Klas said the world needs you, so..."...’

‘...He burst into the bright sunlight, still dragging Janus with him and collapsed at Hercules' feet, breathless, as with a low rumble, the temple of Ares disintegrated into an avalanche of rubble, not a single detail of the ornately carved building remaining....’

‘...Iolaus once more saw Nebula screaming, the man with glowing eyes throwing something at him, then the never-ending plunge into darkness. He shuddered, then pulled away. "If that is what’s going to happen, then let it. I want to be by his side, fighting for what we believe in. I wouldn’t have it any other way."

Klas laughed. "Let him be, Kirok. How can we take such a brave spirit?"

Kirok nodded. "Then I will give you a gift. When all is darkness and seems lost, you will find the strength of your love for Hercules to fight that which threatens to engulf you forever."...’

‘..."We are the closed fist."

"We are what should have been."

"What has always been."

"What will be."...’

Iolaus sat up abruptly, gasping. He remembered. He remembered the strange men masquerading as a wandering group of minstrels. He remembered them asking for his help when Klas was taken by Ares.

He remembered learning that they were powerful elementals, linked forever in mind and body... The charismatic, hot tempered Janus, the fire spirit. His lover, the gentle and passive Klas who could drown a person in his oceanic gaze and rippling giggle. Kirok, the strangest of them all, holding combined elements of air and spirit in his ebony gaze and whispering voice, and Jason... the down to earth, sensible, and most normal of them all.

He had been given the power of Klas' water elemental to keep Janus alive while they tried to rescue the tiny man from Ares’ wrath. With his help they had destroyed Ares’ temple and made him powerless for a time. Janus had nearly killed the war god in the process, and Iolaus had saved Ares’ life - reluctantly, but at Klas' request.

After it was over, Kirok had offered him the chance to come with them, shown him the future, but Iolaus had refused. Instead, as a gift, Kirok had given him the strength to fight when....

The hunter sat upright, his mind racing.

*"Then I will give you a gift. When all is darkness and seems lost, you will find the strength of your love for Hercules to fight that which threatens to engulf you forever."*

It was Kirok's gift that had given him the power to fight Dahak. It had been there sleeping inside him until it was needed.

He owed his soul to these men. He would have to help them once more, to thank them for giving him the chance to live again.

"But how do I help?" he wondered aloud.



CHAPTER THREE

Hercules stirred as Iolaus climbed back into bed with him.

"Where have you been?" he asked in a sleepy mumble.

"I couldn’t sleep." Iolaus said. he moved closer to his lover and gently started to suck at the small nipple poking above the blanket.

"Mmmmm." Hercules sighed. "That’s nice."

He hand moved to Iolaus' hair and stroked it. Iolaus lifted his head and found the demigods mouth with his own. They kissed for a while, slowly and drowsily, then Iolaus felt Hercules' hand move to his cock and rub it lightly. Iolaus rocked his hips forward a little, wanting his lovers touch to be a little harder on him. Hercules continued the maddening rhythm for a while, laying with his eyes shut as if he was still asleep, his head pillowed on his other arm.

"Herc..." the hunter’s voice trembled slightly.

"Hmmm?" Hercules still sounded sleepy.

"Please Herc." Iolaus fought to keep the whimper from his voice but wasn’t successful.

Hercules roused a little then kissed Iolaus once more, moving his head down to nuzzle at his throat. "Turn over, Iolaus," he whispered, his voice vibrating on the sensitive skin of Iolaus' neck.

Turning over and laying on his side, spooned into the demigod’s lap, Iolaus felt the hardness of Hercules' erection prodding at his ass. He pushed back slightly, not wanting to wait, but Hercules was in a lazy mood and took his time, entering him with a pre-cum wetted finger.

Iolaus gasped in pleasure as Hercules burrowed deep into him with long strong fingers, opening him up. He pushed back even further onto those seeking fingers, moaning his lover’s name.

"Please, Herc. I want you." He whispered.

Hercules withdrew the teasing fingers and Iolaus felt the hard warmth of his cock at his entrance, then the gentle entry. He strained backwards once more and felt his lovers warm hands stroke down his hip, then move round to his own thrusting, weeping cock.

Hercules pushed inside him and lay still. Iolaus could feel his heavy breath in his ear and feel his chest moving against his back, then he started to move lazily in and out of the hunter, whilst slowly milking him.

The slow languid movement of his lover was starting to drive Iolaus crazy. He wanted to come, but Herc wasn’t letting him. However much he pushed his hips against Herc and tried to make him thrust faster and deeper, the more Herc resisted and gentled his tender love-making. Iolaus started to sob in frustration, pleading with Hercules to finish him off, his hand moving to Hercules' own, pushing it harder on his cock and trying to get him to work it harder.

Hercules wouldn’t let him and just carried on in the same rhythm, until Iolaus was almost in tears, needing completion.

It seemed Hercules finally took pity on his lover and in an abrupt movement, pushed Iolaus downwards so he was now on his stomach, and moved above him at the same time.

"Want me to finish it?" he asked quietly.

"Yes. Please, Herc. You know I do." Iolaus moaned, pressing his hips down into the mattress, desperate for the friction to make himself come. He felt Hercules grab him by the hips and pull him to his knees, then slam hard into him, taking the hunters breath away.

He yelled out, pushing back, feeling Hercules' cock brush past his prostate and send shivers of ecstasy rippling through his ass, into his balls, and finally to his cock. He groaned and opened his legs wider so Herc could get in further, and pleaded with him once more.

Hercules bent down to his ear, licking at it and then whispering softly. "I want you to come for me, Iolaus... I want you to come with me fucking you. Can you do that? Without touching your cock?"

All Iolaus could do was whimper. Hercules began to fuck him, varying the movement, first jabbing in and out of his ass with quick violent strokes, then a long slow withdrawal, followed by an equally long thrust back inside him. Iolaus was beside himself with pleasure and could do nothing but cry and call out for Hercules to do it ‘harder, faster... more, more.’

He could feel the demigod throbbing and pulsing inside him and knew he was about to come. With a long, drawn out, gasping moan, Hercules pushed hard inside him, his seed filling Iolaus' ass. He kissed Iolaus once more on the back of his hot sweaty neck, and then withdrew carefully.

"Herc!" Iolaus complained as Hercules fell to the bed at his side and looked as if he was about to sleep.

"What?" Hercules mumbled.

"What about me?"

There was a long silence. Iolaus sat up and realised the demigod had dropped into an exhausted slumber.

Iolaus fought the urge to hit his lover with a pillow and lay back down, feeling angry and used. It was so unlike Hercules to do that. What was wrong with him?

He was about to grasp his own cock and finish what Hercules had started, when he was alerted by that strange glow once more. This time it gathered around him and he felt enveloped in warmth and a sense of peace and love, not unlike the feeling he had got when he had gone into the light of heaven.

*Don’t be angry. That wasn’t Hercules doing that.* came a voice in his head.

"What?" Iolaus asked.

*Don’t speak aloud, just think what you want to say. It’s easier and doesn’t use up so much energy,* said the voice.

"What the fuck is going on?" thought Iolaus.

*Do you remember us now?*

"’Tallicus’? Yes I do. Why did you do that to Herc?"

*Sexual energy. Your frustration makes it easier for me to communicate with you.*

"Oh gods. Not more gobbledegook? Who am I talking to?"

*Kirok. Are you going to help us?*

"Of course. I owe you my new life. You helped me and Herc defeat Dahak. What’s the problem?"

*Janus. Something’s happened to him. He’s out of control. Klas can’t hold him in check. We need you to help him while we find out what’s wrong.*

Iolaus thought about the tall blond muscular singer. In his human form he was as strong as Hercules, and had a nasty temper to match his fire-spirit. In his elemental form he was overwhelming. Iolaus had seen the force of his full power in action, and shuddered to think how bad it would be if Klas, his opposite, was unable to keep him under control.

"Ok. I’ll come. Where are you?"

*We’ve holed up in the old fort at Naxos. You know it?*

"Yes."

*Please get here as soon as you can.*

"I will. Uh... can you wake up Herc now? I really need this seeing to." Iolaus touched his still throbbing cock."

There was a soft laugh. *I can do better than that.*

Iolaus felt the light around him move like a soft wind over his groin, then a sudden shock of pleasure, greater than he had ever felt before, razed his whole body. He jerked upwards, letting out a shriek of ecstatic gratification, and felt his seed splatter against his face.

He fell back to the bed, moaning incoherently, unable to string two thoughts together. His heart beat like a drum inside his chest and he felt faint.

Hercules didn't move.

*Sleep now.* The voice inside his head sounded soothing.

*Naxos. As soon as you can.*

Iolaus hardly noticed the light fading, and before it had, he was asleep.



CHAPTER FOUR

Iolaus woke up as someone prodded him. He batted sleepily at the hand, then opened his eyes.

"Ah. You’re awake," Hercules said cheerfully. "Anyone would think you didn’t sleep last night."

Iolaus was about to retort that he didn’t, but thought better of it. He sat up, and wiped the sleep out of his eyes. Hercules was just making something to eat and it smelled good. He swung his legs out of the bed, and was just about to stand up, when he realised he still had dried come all over his body from the night before. He grabbed a towel and wrapped it hurriedly round his waist.

"Uh, I think I’ll go have a quick dip in the river before I eat," he said.

Hercules waved at him, too busy prodding something in a frying pan, to make a comment, and Iolaus made his exit.

Once cleaned up, he got back to the cottage and saw Hercules already eating. The demigod had his mouth full, but he pointed his spoon at the fire, and mumbled something about Iolaus helping himself.

Iolaus did just that and sat down opposite his lover to fill his face.

He started wondering how he should tell Hercules about the night visitation; whether he should say nothing, make an excuse about visiting family, and go off on his own, or let Herc come with him. They might be able to use his help. Iolaus knew the fiercely close knit group of men would not really welcome someone who didn’t know what was going on into their midst. Janus had objected strongly the first time round, and Kirok hadn’t mentioned Hercules, even though he had made use of his body.

Hercules knew his lover well enough to know he was preoccupied. He rapped sharply on the side of Iolaus' plate with his spoon, startling the hunter out of his musings.

"You’re miles away," he said.

"Uh. Yeah. Sorry."

"Anything I can help with?"

Iolaus hesitated, then decided to tell the truth. He couldn’t lie to Herc anyway. "I’m really not sure. A group of friends of mine are in trouble and they need my help, but... it’s something only I can help them with."

Hercules frowned, but then his face cleared. "That’s fine. I’m sure you can help them without me hanging around you," he said.

"I’m sorry. I want you to come with me, but... I’m not sure you’d understand."

The demigod raised an eyebrow. "Now you’re making me curious. Which friends are these?"

"You... don’t know them. Please, Herc. This is hard enough. Don’t ask anymore."

Hercules paused then nodded. "Just, please... be careful, my love. I only just got you back. I don’t want to lose you again."

"You know me, Herc. Always in trouble," Iolaus said with a grin.

"Exactly."

Iolaus got up and started gathering his stuff together. The two men didn’t often talk about how they felt for each other, or call each other endearing nick names - none of the slushy stuff people usually went for; so Hercules calling him ‘my love’ had surprised him. So had his easy acquiescence. It had taken a very long time for Iolaus to go anywhere alone after he had come back from the light. Herc had even followed him to the outhouse on several occasions, well, he had, until Iolaus objected - strongly.

‘Gods, Herc. You wanna wipe my ass too?’ had been the exact words Iolaus had used.

As he buckled his sword belt onto his hips, Hercules regarded him with calm blue eyes, then stood up and went to his lover. he stroked a thumb across Iolaus' lips and then bent to kiss him.

"When will you be back?"

Iolaus shook his head. "I don’t know. If I’m not back within a week, or you haven’t heard from me, then call out the cavalry."

"Can you tell me where you’re going?"

Iolaus sighed. "No. I can’t... but if I need your help, and my friends say it’s ok, then I’ll send you a message."

"Be careful." Hercules put his arms around Iolaus' waist and hugged him. "I don’t want to lose you again."

"I will... now will you let me go before you crack my ribs?"

Hercules let him go, but kissed him again, and watched him walk out of the door.

Iolaus turned and waved several times, and Hercules stood there, still watching, until finally the hunter was out of sight.

The day was warm and Iolaus had a way to go. He decided that, as he was on his own and the journey was an urgent one, he would drop in on Jason on the way and borrow one of his horses. He usually only walked because Herc didn’t like to ride.


***
The old fort at Naxos looked deserted and decrepit as Iolaus approached. No one had lived there since he and Hercules had been there last. They had taken shelter there on the way to Athens after capturing the barbarian, Goth. His brother Bledar had cornered them in the fort, and they had had a hard time fighting off the horde that had come after them. Their only help had been from a young woman called Elora, and her aged alcoholic father Charidon.

Iolaus smiled as he rode past the remains of the gigantic catapult Titantus, and couldn’t resist poking his tongue out at it.

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall," he said, as he kicked his horse into a canter and headed toward the main entrance of the fort. It still looked deserted.

He dismounted and eased aching legs. He hoped the men inside had the means for him to take a bath. He hurt all over.

Going to the door, he knocked, then wondered why he was bothering. The door was too strong and thick for anyone to hear such a feeble knock. He was about to yell when the door opened, and Jason stood there, his stony face unchanged.

"Iolaus," he said. "We’re glad you could come." Then his face changed, and became bright and friendly. He clapped the hunter on the back and then hugged him briefly. "Come on. Bring the horse."

Iolaus followed Jason to the remains of the stables. To his surprise a stall had been prepared with fresh straw, water and feed. Iolaus rubbed the horse down and then left it to eat.

As Jason led him to the old quarters, Iolaus regarded the man in front of him. He still wore black leather and had his long curly brown hair shaved at the sides, but his eyes looked sad and exhausted. The rock like visage looked eroded and worn, somehow... powerless. Iolaus felt a pang of sympathy for the man, although he hadn’t really got to know him that well. Jason was the sort of guy you found yourself liking immediately. Normally he was interested in anything anyone had to say, and enthusiastic on any subject, but today he looked like he didn’t care if the world fell around his ears.

Just as they reached the door to the old quarters, Iolaus heard a scream of rage, the whole building shook, then a blast of heat roiled out at them.

"What the fuck was that?" Iolaus asked, ducking out of the way. Jason stayed where he was, a look of resignation on his face.

"Janus," he replied. "Come on."

"Is it safe?"

Jason’s dark blue eyes looked confused for a moment, then cleared. "Oh, fuck. I forgot. You’re human. Hold on." He reached out and touched Iolaus' forehead, shutting his own eyes and dropping his head. After a few seconds had passed, he slumped and looked wearied beyond belief.

"There. You’re protected now. His flame can’t hurt you. It won’t last though. I don’t have the strength"

"Are you ok? You look awful?" Iolaus felt concerned that Jason had used up his powers protecting him. He knew that they all had varying degrees of influence, and not all of them were strong, or affected people in the same way.

"I’ll be fine in a while." Jason led the way into the room.



CHAPTER FIVE

The room was a shambled mess. Everything was singed or burnt and small fires were burning around the place. In the centre of it all stood the tiny water elemental Klas. He was turning methodically and concentrating on the fires, putting them out with a glance. As Iolaus entered he fell heavily to the floor and knelt on hands and knees, panting, his long waterfall of tawny hair looking greasy and un-cared for. His whole demeanour reminded Iolaus of a man who was beyond the point of no return.

"Iolaus is here." Jason said quietly, and he went to a corner of the room, where he slid down the wall and put his head on his knees. Iolaus watched him for a moment then turned his attention to Klas. He strode over to the man who was even smaller than himself, and knelt beside him.

"What’s been happening?" he asked. "Jason looks terrible. Who did this?"

Klas at last raised his head, pushing the great mass of hair and braids out of his face. Iolaus met his ocean-flecked eyes, and saw in them such abject horror and pain, that his own eyes filled with tears.

He reached for Klas and held him tightly, feeling him shake against his body. "We’re gonna find out who did this, and we’re gonna make them pay. I promise," he whispered.

Klas clung onto him and quietly began to weep. Iolaus hugged him tightly, raising his head to look around the room. Jason still hadn’t moved and Kirok was no where to be seen. He pushed Klas back a little and searched his haggard face. It pained him to see the always happy, chatty, innocent-seeming water spirit reduced to this mess. His normally beautiful eyes now had a noxious glow to them and the tears that streamed down his cheeks were of the same toxic green. Iolaus suddenly remembered he had seen that light before. He shivered uncontrollably, and looked away, remembering...

*‘Iolaus saw Klas lift his head, his eyes glowing green with a terrible miasma of hatred... the hatred of a foetid pool, the torment of polluted sea. He saw the future in those abhorrent eyes and he shuddered violently.

With a sudden clang of tortured iron, the chains fell away from Klas and he slumped to the floor, but Iolaus could feel the rage pouring out of him. He ran to the small man, gathering him up in his arms. Blood stained his vest and naked skin as he cradled him close, kneeling on the floor, watching what was happening.’*

Klas seemed to know what memories he was invoking in the hunter because he climbed to his feet, wiping his eyes on his sleeve. When Iolaus could bear to look at him once more, they were back to what passed for normal.

"Kirok is with him. He can put him to sleep for a while. You want something to eat? I need something." Klas led the way over to the fire place. "At least he keeps the fire alight," he said with a small smile.

Iolaus grinned back. Klas gave him a bowl of something that smelt like vegetable stew, then ladled out another bowl and took it over to Jason. He came back to sit with Iolaus, then raised his head, cocking his ear towards a sound only he could hear.

"Oh, fuck. Here comes another one!"

Iolaus wondered what he meant then heard the deep roar that could only mean another impending fireball. He ducked involuntarily, and, as another heat wave engulfed them, found himself protected by a strange force. He looked up and saw Klas stood calmly, hands held in front of his chest.

The heat ignited several more items around them, but Klas just sat back on the floor, looking like he had given up.

"What’s the point?" he said at last. "The place is falling apart anyway. I’m only wasting energy, and the fire can’t hurt us... not really." His voice held such a note of despair and weary resignation that Iolaus reached forward, wanting to hold him once more. Klas shook his head, and tossing his hair out of his face, began to eat.

Iolaus took another look around him, making sure nothing was about to fall on his head, then decided all was safe and took a mouthful of his stew. "When did this happen?" he asked at last.

Klas ate voraciously, but paused long enough to talk in between spoonfuls. "About a week ago, I guess. He started acting weird, but we didn’t really notice. We were playing a couple of concerts around Athens. He gets like that sometimes. I just tried to keep him pacified, and we carried on as normal, but then one night he really lost it, and I found it harder than usual. He... raped me..." Klas bowed his head, his voice a whisper. "I usually do whatever he wants, but that night... I just couldn’t face the pain, and told him no.... it’s the first time I ever said no to him."

Klas broke off, then resumed eating.

Jason came over to the fireplace and sat down with them. After a moment he took up the story.

"He went wild... and hit Klas so hard, he went flying across the room, and was knocked out. It took the combined powers of me and Kirok to calm Janus down. Air feeds and Earth provides, you know? It was only when Klas came round and helped, that we finally got him pacified. From then on, it got worse and worse. We realised he’s draining our power. We don’t know how he’s doing it, or why, but if we don’t get an answer soon and do something, he’ll kill us.

"What can I do to help? I’m human, even with the same power you gave me before, I’m still not like you guys. What else can I do?" Iolaus asked.

He looked down at the small callused hand that touched his own, then looked at its owner. Klas smiled at him.

"That’s just it. You’re human. He can’t drain you, like he does us."

Iolaus frowned. "But... I once saw him nearly kill Ares. Ares is a fucking god. If he can kill him, he can sure kill me."

Jason shook his head. "You have no power for him to take. Don’t you know... for us, and the gods, it is the power that makes us what we are? Yeah, it’s slightly different... If the gods have no believers, they dwindle and die. Our own energy is taken from our elements, but they can be drained, just the same..."

"Heads up!" Klas said quietly.

Iolaus ducked once more, and flames appeared around him, together with the suffocating heat. He coughed, and felt a wave of cool breeze wash over him. He wiped his smoke filled eyes, and saw Kirok standing in front of him, where no one had been before.

Kirok had the disconcerting habit of doing that. It was even more nerve wracking than the various gods Iolaus was used to. At least with them, he had warning. Kirok just... appeared, silently, without fanfare.

"Didn’t you give him protection?" he asked Jason in his soft voice.

"Yeah, but I was weak. I told him it wouldn’t last long."

"Idiot!" Kirok looked bad temperedly at his opposite, then let out a sigh and sat down, pushing long ringlets of black hair out of his eyes. "Sorry. I’m just tired out."

"So do any of you have any idea why this is happening?" Iolaus asked.

Kirok nodded. "I have an idea. When you were talking about the gods and our energies, it came to me."

Three pairs of eyes gazed expectantly at him.

"Well?" Iolaus urged.

Kirok stared back with his unblinking ebony eyes. "Who do you think? Who else would want revenge, and is stupid enough to tangle with us?"

As one, Klas, Jason and Iolaus looked at each other.

"Ares!" they chorused.



CHAPTER SIX

"We’re going to need Hercules' help," Iolaus said glumly. "I didn't really want to bring him into this, because it might be awkward, but... I think we should. He knows his brother. He might be able to help.

"Strange as it may seem, I agree," Kirok said.

"Do you want me to send him a message?"

Kirok closed his eyes for a moment, and a white light seemed to pulse from him. He raised his head and a smile touched his full sensual lips.

"It seems he doesn’t trust you after all," he said. "He’s camped about a mile away from here."

Iolaus was filled with anger. How dare the demigod go checking on him like he was a recalcitrant child. He rose to his feet. "That bastard... I’ll..."

Klas pulled him down to his seat by his belt. "No you won’t. Kirok and Jason will go to him. You and I have something to do."

"What?" Iolaus looked in confusion at the elemental.

"We have to get you linked."

"Oh... fuck!" Iolaus remembered the first time. It had not been a pleasant experience... Well that wasn’t exactly true – part of the linking meant Janus making love to him, which had been –

Iolaus didn’t want to go there. The memory made him aroused and uncomfortable, but afterwards when Janus had infused him with his own essence... It had been an experience he had no wish to repeat anytime soon.

Klas was looking up at him, with his deceptively naïve gaze. "It has to be done, otherwise you can’t help us."

"I know... it’s just..."

"Don’t worry. I won’t let him hurt you," Klas said. "Come."

Iolaus followed Klas into the area he knew was the dungeon.

"Nice choice of word," he muttered.


***
Iolaus flinched as they walked down the narrow stairs. From below came a crimson glow of hatred and flame, that burned at his eyes and tore at his lungs. He faltered, for once in his life mortally afraid of what he was about to face. Klas turned back to him and his face softened.

"I know you’re having second thoughts," he whispered. "Just say the word. We won’t let you do this against your will."

"It’s ok," Iolaus' voice came out in a squeak. He cleared his throat and continued. "I realised the other night, I owe you guys my life. I’ll do anything to help."

Klas moved back up the stairs towards Iolaus and, reaching forward, grasped the hunter by his chin and brushed his lips against Iolaus' own. Iolaus felt a rush of calm and clarity ripple from that gentle touch, outwards and down into his whole body. He took a deep breath and nodded.

"I’m ready," he said.

As they approached, Klas began to whisper and a soft green glow radiated from him, shooting tendrils of light into the sullen heat.

"Janus," he said suddenly. "Pull yourself in. As you love me, take control."

The fire below eased a little, and Iolaus could see better.

The elementals had chosen the same prison to keep Janus at bay, as Hercules had used to hold the barbarian Goth, but the door wasn’t shut or locked. Iolaus knew even Hephestus’ chains couldn’t hold these men.

Inside, bound by the force of, who knows what, was Janus.

Not the tall powerful blond, Iolaus remembered, but the full elemental; a shape of fire and flame, mortal features barely discernible in the ever changing hues of red, orange and blue. The only thing Iolaus recognised were the eyes - points of distressingly human blue, in the otherwise indistinguishable form.

He dropped back, shards of fear touching his heart.

Klas approached and reached out. The flame spirit came to him, and rubbed against the hand, in a curiously poignant manner. Iolaus heard a soft hissing, as if someone was trickling water onto a fire.

"Iolaus is here. He can help," Klas said. "Please. Try to control... We need him to link to you."

The human eyes flicked to Iolaus, and for a second the flame of Janus' body flared into incandescent white, and then faded.

When the light had gone and Iolaus' eyes had stopped tearing, and gotten used to the sudden dim light of the prison, he saw an ordinary man slumped in the cell.

Not ordinary. Janus could never be ordinary, but at least he looked human.

Klas dropped to his knees and cradled the larger man in his arms, tears flowed steadily from his eyes.

"Janus. My Janus," he whispered. "It’s so good to hold you this way again."

Iolaus came forward and looked down as Janus roused himself. In mortal form he was a fierce strawberry blond haired, blue eyed warrior with the aura of a lion on the hunt - still dangerous and still as unpredictable as his element.

He watched as the two men kissed hungrily, then cleared his throat as Janus started to get more passionate, his hands searching underneath Klas' jerkin for his nipples.

Klas pulled away from Janus' grasp, his breathing harsh in his throat with the effort of denying his wanton, passive nature.

"Janus... not me... him." he jerked his head up at the waiting hunter.

Janus let out a low sobbing moan. "I need you," he said.

"Later. You have to link with Iolaus. You understand?"

"I don’t have the strength..."

"You do. You must!"

Klas got up, took Iolaus' numbed hand and put it in Janus' own. Iolaus flinched and pulled away. The touch burned. How could he bear this man on him, and in him? It would kill him.

"Shit! Sorry. I’m not fucking thinking." Klas stroked his fingers over Iolaus' cheek and again Iolaus felt that cool calming rush.

He grinned suddenly at the tiny musician. How incongruous these four men were... well... with the exception, perhaps, of Kirok. One moment they were deep, mysterious beings with their almost mystic way of talking, the next they were normal men, swearing and cursing like a bunch of angry sailors.

Klas seemed to read his thoughts, because he smiled back. "We adapt," he said.

Iolaus nodded and turned back to Janus. He swallowed nervously, then reached out to stroke a hand over the wild, waist length, golden-red hair. He felt Klas withdraw outside the confining prison, but tried not to think about the water spirit watching him seduce his fiery lover. He’d never had an audience before. It was nerve-wracking enough, without thinking about that.

"Let me be your ocean," he whispered the seemingly ritual words that heralded what was to happen.

Janus pulled him close with a sob, and Iolaus felt hard relentless lips on his own, then the hot wetness of his tongue inside his mouth. He opened up and let Janus in, remembering to be totally passive. He could feel heated hands on his body, and moaned, letting Janus do as he wished, stretching out on the floor of the prison cell. Janus didn’t bother with the niceties. He quickly pulled off his own clothes, then Iolaus', and covered him with his body, still kissing him fiercely, biting and sucking at his lips and tongue.

Iolaus could feel blood running down his chin and the pain of the bites, but he let it happen, knowing it was what Janus needed. He opened his legs, urging Janus into him, wanting it over as quickly as possible. Janus was losing control and the heat of his body was getting almost unbearable.

Janus, too, seemed to know he was succumbing to his nature and with a roar of anguish, entered Iolaus with a hard thrust. Iolaus yelled in pain, and dimly heard Klas' voice.

"Gentle, Janus, gentle. He’s not used to it."

Then all thought and awareness faded from the hunters mind, as Janus began to move inside him. He had no idea how long Janus pounded into him, but his next memory was of searing heat exploding inside his body and Janus' shriek of completion.

He barely had time to cry out in pain, when his own orgasm came upon him with the force of a tidal wave. He writhed upwards, rocking his hips in time with the pulsing surge of his seed and felt Janus' lips, prickly with the hair that surrounded them, on his own once more, this time in a much gentler kiss.

The two men lay together for a moment, breathing hard, then Klas soft, soothing voice came again.

"Finish it. Let him in, Iolaus."

*I thought I already did!* Iolaus thought stupidly, then remembered this was only the first part of the link.

He felt Janus withdraw from his body, and looked up, blinking sweat from his eyes. Janus knelt above him, his face was calm, but his eyes glowed with soft firelight.

He reached out and put his hand on Iolaus' bare chest, pushing aside his amulet, and raised his face to the ceiling.

There was a long silence, punctuated only by Iolaus' terrified breathing. He knew what was to come and it scared him badly. He felt Klas' touch on his shoulders, caressing him and he let out a small whimper.

Janus suddenly sagged above him. "I can’t," he groaned.

"You have to!" Klas' normally light voice cracked out like a whip.

"No. No. I don’t have the power."

"Do it!"

Iolaus gasped as the gentle man beside him abruptly lashed out and hit Janus hard on the cheek, then did it once more, making Janus rock backward with the force of his blow.

"Do it, you mother-fucker!"

"Oh shit!" Iolaus yelled out, as Janus blazed up back into his other form, and growled out his displeasure.

He felt those flaming hands touch his chest once more and he screamed, his whole body contorting in agony as the heat burned down into his soul. He struggled against Janus' hold on him, desperate to stop the torture he was going through, but then there came that sweet release, the orgasmic pleasure of icy water drowning him, soothing breezes washed over him, and a feeling of earth burying him in its calm unchanging solace.

"Yes! YES!" he heard his own voice gasping out and then, those small cool hands that could only be Klas' on his body, stroking his cock once more to climax.

With another moan, he helplessly voided his seed over his own stomach, and lay there trembling in pleasure as Janus and Klas took it in turns to kiss him. The weird feeling of extreme heat and then calming cold on his lips and neck brought him finally back to himself and he struggled to sit up.

Klas helped him, and then put his arms around him, holding him close. Iolaus realised the small man was weeping and he hugged him back, stroking the long amber locks, placating the spirit.

"Woah. What a rush!" came Janus' deep velvet voice from in front of him.

Klas and Iolaus turned to look at him, then, all laughing and crying, went into a group hug, that turned into gentle kisses, tender caressing, and finally into full blown love-making.



CHAPTER SEVEN

Hercules sat at the small fire he had made just beyond the rotting wooden remains of Titantus, and gazed at the fort in front of him.

He felt guilty for following his lover, but couldn’t seem to let him out of his sight. He knew it was because of the fear he had that Iolaus would leave him again, and felt a little sick knowing he was that helplessly in love with the little hunter. He also knew Iolaus would be furious if he knew he was there, checking up on him, hovering in case of trouble.

Looking around at the gathering darkness, he decided he should try and sleep. He glared once more at the silent fortress and wondered if perhaps he should sneak in and look at what was happening.

"Don’t even think about it," he muttered aloud. "If he finds out, he’ll hate me."

"He already knows," came a soft whispering voice.

"Who’s there?" Hercules called, tensing, just in case of trouble.

A man appeared in the firelight and walked forward. Hercules stared at him. Was this beautiful man one of the guys Iolaus had come to help? He hardly looked distressed.

The man serenely sat himself next to Hercules and gazed into his eyes. The demigod found himself falling down into the ebony pools, and caught himself. He straightened up, and shook his head slightly to clear it. He felt very woozy all of a sudden.

"Who are you? Where’s Iolaus?" he demanded.

"My name is Kirok. He is Jason." The man’s eyes pointed to another man standing un-noticed at the light’s edge.

Hercules looked up surprised. The newcomer joined them, sitting down quietly.

"Iolaus is in the fort. He decided that we may need your help," he said.

"My help?" Hercules added more wood to the fire, all the better to see these strangers. "Why would you need my help? He was adamant that I couldn’t do anything."

"He changed his mind once he knew what was happening, and we concurred," Kirok answered.

"Just who are you? Your faces seem familiar, but I can’t quite..." Hercules narrowed his eyes, trying to remember where he had seen this over-pretty foreigner.

"You may have heard of us," the man named Jason replied. "All four of us are minstrels. We’re known as ‘Tallicus’."

The dinar dropped. "Oh, gods. Yes. A few years ago, Iphicles asked me and Iolaus to come to Corinth to protect you, or something, but.... nothing ever... came of it." Hercules frowned. "Or... did it? I seem to remember... No... I don’t know"

Kirok smiled and reached forward. Hercules felt the touch of a single finger above his heart, then a rushing breeze of air around him. He gasped, and pulled away.

"Gods! What did you just do? Are you some god or... no... I can’t feel you. Who in Tartarus are you?"

Jason laughed. "Leave the poor demigod alone Kirok. He just isn’t open minded enough for you."

Hercules gaped at the man. "Open minded? Of course I’m open minded. I’m the son of a god... that means I see things most mortals wouldn’t dream of."

"Even so," Jason agreed. "Our true natures might... worry you."

"Worry me?" Hercules laughed. "I don’t think so. Tell me."

Kirok smiled again. "What are the five elements?"

"Five? There’s only four, of course. Water, Air, Fire and Earth."

Jason looked at Kirok. "Since we lost him, humans have forgotten," he said.

Kirok nodded then turned back to Hercules. "There are five, as once there were five of us. The other is Spirit."

Hercules threw his hands up. "You guys really aren’t making any sense," he said with a laugh.

"Listen. Understand. I won’t shrink your brain with memories, but I’ll tell you what went before," Kirok said, his soft voice contemptuous. "Are we sure we need this man’s help? He’s thick as two short planks," he added as an aside to his partner.

"He is Ares’ brother," Jason answered.

"Hmph!" Kirok snorted. "And look how much use he was last time."

"Would you two stop talking about me as if I wasn’t here, and tell me what’s going on? What’s this about Ares?" Hercules said shortly.

"Let me do it, Keer. You’re just too ‘out there’ sometimes," Jason said.

Kirok spread his hands in agreement, and withdrew from the campsite without seeming to move. Hercules blinked and looked around for him, but he was nowhere to be seen. He gave up on the strange Kirok, and focused his attention on Jason. Now perhaps he would get some answers.

Jason took some time explaining all that had happened before, slowly and in detail, and after about an hour, he finished. He clapped his hands together in finality. "So... now you know."

Hercules stared at Jason. "Hold on... Iolaus...? What’s this about being Janus' lover? I don’t understand... How did Janus nearly kill Ares? How could you destroy the temple?"

Kirok's voice came from the darkness. "I told you he was thick. I think you confused him."

"Shut the fuck up, Kirok. I told it as simply as I could," Jason snapped.

Kirok moved back into the light. He laughed softly and ran his hands through Jason’s long brown curls. "My rock..." he said. "You never could tell a story." He sat back down.

"We... aren’t all we seem. We’ve been here since the earth began, together, as one. It was only when one of us was destroyed that we started to become more separate as beings, and took on the shape of humans."

"So what are you?"

Kirok shrugged. "I’m not really sure I can explain what we are. Spirits? Elementals...? Some even call us fairies in some lands. Perhaps elemental is the nearest, because we hold in us the aura and power of those things. I am Air and Spirit, Jason is Earth, Klas is Water and Janus.... he’s fire, and out of us, the most destructive. Only he has the power to kill a god.

Anyway. Without Klas, Janus would die, just as without Jason, I would die. When Klas was taken by Ares, the first time round, we needed someone to take over from Klas pretty fast, and chose Iolaus. He and Klas are pretty similar, and he agreed. We made you forget you were with Iolaus for a while, which we thought might be better than just trying to explain, and once Klas was back, we took the power back from him, and restored your memory from the time you arrived in Corinth, as if you had never been away from each other."

Hercules took a little time to think this through. "So basically, Iolaus was fucking Janus?"

Jason laughed. "With him, it just happens that way... Kirok and I don’t... get those kind of urges... not like him and Klas anyway. Yeah. It happened, and is probably happening now too. Iolaus has to do the same thing to help Klas."

Hercules sprang to his feet. "I’m not having him doing that with another man!" he yelled hotly.

Jason held out a hand that glowed with a bright azure light, and Hercules felt himself unable to move as if he was set in stone.

"It already has," Kirok said softly. "They are joined, and there’s nothing you can do about it."

"We’ll give him back to you afterwards," Jason added. "We aren’t cruel, and don’t worry about Iolaus falling in love with him. It just doesn’t happen."

Kirok advanced on the struggling demigod and looked up at him. "You either accept it, or we take away your memory of him as your lover, like we did last time. I would rather have you whole. It’ll help you to help us. Which will it be?"

Hercules felt the power holding him ease a little so he could speak. "All right. I’ll help you," he grunted.

Kirok smiled and the hold was released.

"Anyway," he said quietly. "You aren’t so innocent."

"What’s that supposed to mean?" Hercules snarled. "I’ve never been unfaithful to him."

"Yes you have. With me... in Iphicles’ garden." Kirok ran callused fingertips over Hercules' chest. "Remember."

Hercules moaned, as sudden recollection of that single moment came back to him. "Gods... yes... it was the most amazing..."

Jason laughed. "I’m sure if you want it again, Kirok will oblige, but right now we’d better get back to the fort, and see how the others are doing."



CHAPTER EIGHT

The first thing Hercules saw when they entered the fort was Iolaus, sitting with a longhaired stranger, talking closely with him.

He strode forward, trying to smile at his lover and not show the raging jealousy that tore at him.

"Iolaus!" he shouted in greeting.

Iolaus looked up, and grinned happily, getting to his feet and hugging Hercules tightly. "I was angry you followed me," he said "But now I'm glad you're here. You can help us."

Hercules purposely kissed his lover hard, and was surprised to feel Iolaus press against him, as if desperate to make love to him. Automatically he began to respond. It had been too many days since he had held the hunter in his arms, too long since he had kissed him and caressed him.

"No!"

Both men looked round at the shout and saw Kirok stood with his eyes blazing white.

"What's wrong?" Iolaus asked, looking confused.

"You can't..."

"Can't what? Are you telling me I can't make love to my man?" Hercules asked, anger tingeing his words.

Kirok shook his head. "No. You can't. He's linked with Janus."

"Listen, just because he's being fucked by some other guy, it doesn't mean..." Hercules started.

"Hold on, Herc. I forgot. We can't fuck, not while I'm... like this," Iolaus said quietly.

"He's right," came a strangely accented voice. Hercules looked down... and down at the sweet-faced man that Iolaus had been with.

"You're Janus?" he asked.

"No. I'm Klas. Please.... Don't even attempt it, not while he's joined with us. It would kill you."

"Kill me? How?"

"He's untrained, which is OK for our purposes, but if he were to lose control in the middle of your love making... well... lets say the results wouldn't be very nice."

Hercules let Iolaus go, staring at him. "Is this true?"

Iolaus nodded. "I'm sorry Herc."

Klas walked up to Iolaus and touched his bright Hair. "Iolaus. You'll have to contain yourself... or... if you get really desperate... I can help you..." he giggled suddenly, his laughter rippling like a small waterfall. "I'm not sure Hercules would like a spectator... even less than you."

Iolaus laughed too, and Hercules suddenly realized why these men had chosen his partner for this task. He backed away from Iolaus as if he had the plague.

"You'd be right," he said. "I don't want a spectator... and I certainly don't need any... help."

Klas snickered again. "You shouldn't make any promises you can't keep," he said.

Hercules watched as Iolaus went back to the fire to find some food for his lover. To Hercules' eye he didn't look much different than normal... still the same scruffy vest and black leather pants, still the same gorgeous smile and that beautiful mop of blond waves... How he would just love to grab the hunter right now and fuck him hard, hear him moaning and gasping underneath him...

Hercules caught himself as he followed Iolaus to the fireplace. Where had that come from? He wasn't in the habit of thinking such lustful thoughts about Iolaus when they were about other people. He kept his passion for the night, or when they were alone.

He sat down, trying to ease his suddenly painful erection. Iolaus didn't seem to notice as he ladled out some food, and gave it to the demigod.

Klas did though. He sat down beside Hercules, a slight smile on his face. "You'll have to get used to that," he said.

Hercules tried not to blush, but felt the blood rush to his cheeks regardless. "Why?"

Klas shrugged. "He holds the same power as me. I'm... uh... put it this way..." he trailed off and looked slightly embarrassed.

"What Klas is trying to say is, he's a sex magnet," Iolaus said.

Hercules looked taken aback and studied the tiny man. Yes he was attractive, but not exactly the gods' gift to men and women. He was too innocent looking for a start.

"Nope. I don't see it," he said.

Klas laughed. "That's a good thing," he replied. "It could be because you're half immortal, and you love Iolaus."

"Which reminds me... Where's Janus? I want to meet the guy who's taken my lover off me," Hercules said.

"He's sleeping. We've got him under control for a while," Iolaus said.

Hercules felt a pang of jealousy, but he had to ask. "How?"

"We let him fuck our brains out," Klas said with an impish grin.

"Klas!" Kirok came to the fire, and swatted the small man across the back of the head. "You don't have to be so crude."

"He asked!"

Hercules held up his hands. "OK, OK. Enough already. So, what do we do? Has anyone got a plan?"

There was a long silence.

"We could let Janus loose on him," Jason said mildly.

"NO!" Klas said forcefully. "Humans need war. We can't kill him."

"Just... hurt him a little?" Jason said hopefully.

It was Jason's turn to be swatted by Kirok. "We have to find out how he's doing it," he said. "He can't do this on his own. The gods have no power over us."

Hercules sat deep in thought, as the other four men talked. The quicker he could find out what Ares was doing, the quicker he could have his lover to himself. He would do his very best to help these men.

Becoming aware of a strange, heated prickling at the nape of his neck, he looked up. Iolaus and Klas were both on their feet and their gaze was held by something behind him. Hercules looked round, and saw Klas and Iolaus go to the man who had staggered from the prison entrance. They both held him upright and Hercules could see a faint green glow coming off of both of them.

"That's Janus," whispered Jason to him.

The man towered over both of his helpers, dressed in black leather and strong looking, though not as heavily muscled as the demigod. His long strawberry blond hair hung in sweaty rats tails around his face, and he slumped weakly against Klas.

"Janus. You have to rest," Iolaus' voice said.

"Never! Where's the fucking bastard who did this to me? I'll kill him. I'll consume him!" came a low, hoarse growl.

He staggered again, and both Klas and the hunter tried to help him up. Hercules went over to them.

"Where's his bed? I'll take him," he said, and picked the man up in his arms.

"Over there," Klas said pointing. "I guess he can stay with us for a while."

Hercules carried Janus over to where Klas had pointed, and found he almost had to drop him. The heat coming off his body was incredible. He gritted his teeth, and carefully lay him down on the heap of fur and blankets.

Iolaus came with him.

Hercules spent a moment looking into Janus' face, seeing the exhaustion and agony he was going through. He couldn't really feel very sorry for him. First and foremost in his mind was getting Iolaus back.

"Herc, I'll stay with him. You go with the others. You can help them more than me right now, and... he needs me." The hunter's voice was gentle, and coloured with sadness.

Hercules nodded and went back to his place, sitting so he could keep an eye on what Iolaus was doing.

*Why are you torturing yourself?* He asked himself. *You know what he has to do, so why watch? Why can't you just accept it, and turn away?*

He watched with barely concealed anger, as Iolaus bent to kiss Janus, and saw the supposedly debilitated man reach up to put his arms around the hunter's neck. The strange green glow suffusing Iolaus got stronger, and Hercules heard the beloved moan of pleasure he knew so well.

He could feel his body tense, and he restrained the urge to get up and pummel the crap out of Janus, but a hand on his arm stopped him.

"Don't," came Kirok's soft whisper.

"How can he do this to me?" Hercules groaned. "After all we went through... how could he betray me like this?"

"Would you do it to save a life? He's only giving his body, Hercules, not his heart. His heart will always belong to you."

Herc looked down at the spirit beside him. "It still hurts," he said.

"Do you want me to take away the pain?" Kirok asked. He moved closer and his fingers stroked the side of the demigod's face.

"Aren't you with Jason?" Hercules asked.

Kirok nodded, "But not in the way you mean," he said. "Jason doesn't need sex and I... do it in the mind, not the body."

"I remember," Hercules smiled.

"Walk with me. I need air. I don't like being stuffed inside these human places." Kirok led the demigod outside into the warm night, and they walked together towards the clearing Hercules had camped in before.



CHAPTER NINE

"Do you have any ideas about Ares?" Kirok asked.

"I think you were right. He has to have outside means. I can only think of one thing that would do this... one of the Titan stones."

"Titan stones? What are they?"

"Stones that control a specific part of Chaos...or used to. There are only three left. There used to be twelve. The Kronos stone controls time... then there’s Okeanos, which controls water, and Arges." Hercules clicked his fingers suddenly. "Yes! Arges!"

Kirok looked mystified and Hercules grabbed his shoulders with a big grin. "I bet you anything Ares has the Argesian stone."

"Brightness?"

"Think about it... Arges controls all things related to light..."

"Including fire," Kirok finished.

"Yes!" Hercules crowed, then he sobered. "Now all we gotta do it get it off him, which won’t be easy. Prometheus had it, until I freed him... Damn. Sometimes I think that was a bad move, though I did think it was a bit of a bummer having his liver torn out. How long can Iolaus and Klas keep Janus under their control?"

He had almost been talking to himself, forgetting that Kirok was there for a moment. Talking aloud made him get his thoughts in order, so when he spoke to Kirok, the elemental was taken by surprise.

He stood silent, staring up at the demigod.

"Well?" Hercules prodded.

"Oh... uh... now there are two of them, it should be easy, though it’ll weaken Klas more than Iolaus," Kirok said at last. "Perhaps a week... two at most. I don’t know. This never happened before."

"Can you and Jason put Ares out of action on your own?"

Kirok looked doubtful and pondered as they reached the campsite. He sat down on a large part of the ex giant catapult and finally spoke.

"I really don’t know. I never used my powers for destruction before, and I really don’t know if they’ll work against a god. Jason toppled the temple on top of Ares last time, but if he’s out in the open air, there’s nothing he can do. Sink the earth beneath him? No, Ares can get out of that without even blinking."

Hercules nodded, then sat looking at Kirok in the bright moonlight. Iolaus had told him that Klas was the magnetic one of the bunch, but Hercules found the dusky-skinned, black eyed Kirok far more attractive.

Kirok became aware of the look that the demigod was giving him, and his full red lips curved into a smile. "Did I tell you that one of the things I can do is read feelings?" he asked.

"No." Hercules moved closer, and ran gentle fingers through the long ebony ringlets, then caught Kirok's chin in a large hand and bent to kiss him. "So... what am I feeling now?" he asked, his voice as soft as Kirok's own.

"You’re feeling desire for me. You want to forget about Iolaus for a while," Kirok said, and pulled away.

Hercules looked confused. "You don’t want to?"

"I do, but... not this way... not the way of humans. I’ve never..."

"I don’t know any other way," Hercules said.

"Let me show you," Kirok lifted his head slightly and put two fingers to Hercules' chest, over his heart.

Hercules put his own hand over the fingers and pulled them away. "I want to show you my way. You showed me yours last time," he said, and bent to kiss Kirok once more. Kirok let him, sitting passively as Hercules explored his mouth with his tongue.

"You’re supposed to do it back to me," he said.

"Oh... sorry." Kirok leaned forward and poked his tongue inexpertly into Hercules' mouth. Hercules laughed and drew away.

"You’re getting the idea, but here, let me..."

He pulled Kirok close and put his hands tenderly on the slim hips, breathing in the scent of his hair. He knew he would have to take it really slowly, but the total innocence of Kirok's kisses was turning him on incredibly. He touched his lips once more to the elemental’s and pressed a little harder, once more flicking his tongue over his full lips, drinking in his sweet, fresh taste. Kirok finally seemed to get the idea and allowed his tongue to twine with the demigod’s.

Hercules heard a soft whimpering moan from the man he was kissing, and brushed his finger over the black silken shirt he wore, finding a small, erect nipple, and something else. He traced the outline of it with his fingertip trying to ascertain what it was, and Kirok let out a gasp, his whole body starting to quiver.

Carefully, Hercules started to undo the ties holding the shirt closed, and let it fall open at last. It was one of the long flowing types that seemed to be gaining popularity in Greece, and it fell like a wisp of cloud from Kirok's body. At last Hercules feasted his eyes upon the satin skin, surprised at the well-defined pectorals and flat stomach. For some reason he had the idea in his head that Kirok would be slim, with no muscles to speak of.

He also didn't expect the two rings piercing his nipples, although he had noticed a minuscule stud, hardly noticeable, piercing his nose, and, when exploring his mouth, had happened upon another in his tongue.

"Have you got these things everywhere?" he asked.

"Only one more place," Kirok said.

Hercules chuckled, then pulled Kirok down to the grass. "I think I’m going to have fun finding out where," he said.

"It’s in my..."

"Ssh. I’ll find it." Hercules kissed Kirok again, then went down to those intriguing rings of gold, and pulled and flicked at them with tongue and teeth. He was unprepared for Kirok's reaction. He writhed beneath the larger man, a mewling sound of pleasure coming from his throat.

*Gods. If I do this anymore, he’s gonna come everywhere.*

He decided to turn his attention elsewhere for the moment and let Kirok calm down for a while, so kissed his way over his stomach and ribs, licking a pathway down to his navel, pushing his pants down slightly to explore the small dimple, and once more felt the now, familiar warm ring of metal against his sensitive lips.

"You found it," Kirok gasped out.

Hercules chuckled. "I sure did." He began to untie the loose pants that Kirok wore, and pushed them down, raising his hips slightly.

"Gods!"

"What?" Kirok looked down at himself. "Oh. Uh... is it going to cause you any problems?"

N...No. I’ve just never seen anything like it in my life. Woah!"

Hercules traced his hands over the flames etched into Kirok’s skin, incredibly life-like flames that spread around Kirok's long thick cock , over his thighs and up his hips. It was almost as if they could burn him.

Kirok shuddered underneath his touch, and Herc was drawn to the white light that shone beneath his closed eyelids. He continued to caress Kirok's smooth skin with one hand, tugged gently at a ringed nipple with the other and leaned down once more, to kiss the delirious creature beneath him.

"You like this?" he asked. "Want more?"

Kirok could only nod, his breath heavy and his skin sweating slightly. Hercules once more kissed and tongued his way downwards, reaching at last the rough ebony nest of hair. He burrowed his face into it, taking a deep breath. Kirok's musky crotch was intoxicating, and he wanted so badly to fuck him.

*Patience.*

Suddenly a perverse thought came to him. He knew that the four men were masquerading as humans, and he had seen them eat, or rather have food cooking. Did they need to... and were they all... anatomically correct?

He felt himself blush, even at the thought, then heard Kirok giggle in a surprisingly girlish way.

"You’re wondering if I have an asshole for you to fuck, aren’t you?" Kirok said, in between peals of laughter.

Hercules cracked up, and he rested his head on Kirok's hip, shaking in mirth.

"Well.. it did.. uh.. occur to me, I admit."

"Don’t worry. It’s all there..." Kirok said, his hand resting briefly on Herc’s head.

"I thought you didn't know how..."

"Of course I know. I see Janus and Klas fucking each other all the time. They never stop. You mortals are so... limited... you only seem to do it once, and you’re finished."

"I’m half mortal remember."

"Prove it."

The note in Kirok's voice told Hercules he had taken too long at this. He turned his attention back to Kirok's body, and began teasing him once more with fingers, tongue and lips. He knelt between Kirok's legs and looked down at his needy cock. He stroked the tip, feeling dribbles of pre-cum wet his fingers. He leaned over Kirok and put the fingers to his lips.

"Taste yourself," he said quietly.

Kirok obediently sucked on Hercules' fingers, and the demigod shut his eyes, just giving himself to the sensation of that soft wet mouth. How he wanted it around his cock.

He realised he wasn’t undressed and opened his eyes, his hand going to the ties of his shirt. He felt Kirok's hands in his way and knew the elemental had beaten him to it. He knelt there, and just let himself be undressed. He had no sensation of being physically unclothed, but there a soft breeze in the air, one moment flowing over clothes, the next, on naked skin.

"Come to me, Hercules," Kirok's voice was back to that soft whisper. Hercules let out a low groan of desire and covered the spirit with his own larger body, kissing him passionately at last, giving into his needs.

Kirok began to make a soft whimpering noise in his throat, as Hercules used his hips to rub his cock against his lover’s. They moved together, just enjoying the sensation, then at last Hercules positioned himself at Kirok’s tight puckered entrance. He paused, looking once more at the panting, aroused man beneath him, and felt a strong pang of guilt. He was about to fuck someone other than Iolaus.

"In me!" Kirok urged.

Hercules forgot all about Iolaus, and positioned his cock, then pushed in slowly, watching his shaft disappear almost up to his balls inside Kirok. He nearly came there and then, the sensation was so good. Kirok was tight on him, and he squeezed his muscles slightly, making the demigod gasp. He moved his hips, pulling out of Kirok a little, then wondered if he minded it hard and fast… he really wanted badly to thrust hard into the beautiful man.

Kirok once more read the way he was feeling, and moved up onto Hercules, pushing him in deeper with his palms against his ass cheeks.

"Fuck me… I want you to fuck me. It won’t hurt me. Do it!" he whispered, his voice taut with longing.

That was all the encouragement Hercules needed. He pushed back into Kirok, once gently, then as Kirok move upwards to meet him, pulled out once more, and rammed back into him.

Kirok let out a grunt of pleasure, and groaned out his lovers name. Hercules started to move harder, now knowing the elemental could take it, reaming into him, moaning with desire, his body starting to tremble, and drip with sweat.

He leaned over Kirok's chest, nipping at his skin, loving the sound of his delight, then reached down and started jerking him off with the rhythm of his own fucking. Kirok let out a shriek of ecstasy, his body blazing with incandescent light that Hercules had to shut his eyes against, and his come jetted strongly from his cock. It splattered over his stomach, chest and even on his face, dripping pearly tears of release in his hair. His muscles clenched strongly around Hercules, who also cried out with the sheer fulfilment of letting go of his pent up lust at last.

"Oh… Yes… YES!" he gasped through gritted teeth, and thrust hard one more time, feeling his body shake with desire, as he let go inside Kirok. His climax seemed to go on forever and ever. He hit one plateau, then come down a little, before soaring up to another, then yet another. He lost all sense of time, as he just kept pumping and pulsing in his lover, his voice hoarse with crying out his pleasure.

*This is unbelievable!*

He lay still sheathed inside Kirok, his body still tremoring with multiple orgasms, and he kissed swollen lips and heated skin.

"Gods... Gods..." he moaned. It was all he could do right at that moment. His whole body was shaking and he felt weak, almost faint.

Kirok soothed him, pulling him close and wrapping his arms around him, nuzzling his face into Hercules' hair. The demigod could feel the warm stickiness of Kirok's seed covering the furred skin of his chest and was amazed at the sheer volume of it.

He roused himself at last, propping himself up on his elbows and looked down, wiping dribbles of come from Kirok's skin with a finger, and licking away the salty liquid.

"I don’t think I could ever do that again," he said at last. "I don’t want to get used to it."

Kirok nodded. "I understand. I can see why Janus and Klas like it so much though."

Hercules moved his hips slightly, withdrawing his still hard cock from Kirok's sopping wet asshole.

"I can still give it to you, if you want it though." he said, unwilling to give up the pleasure he knew he shouldn’t be feeling. Kirok wasn’t Iolaus.

Kirok smiled. "Show me."



CHAPTER TEN

Klas squatted by the fire and watched, as Janus finished making love to Iolaus. The hunter sat up, pushed his wild hair out of his face, and wrapped a blanket around his waist. He looked exhausted but happy. Beside him, Janus had already fallen asleep.

Klas saw him look over, and he beckoned. It was time for him to train Iolaus a little. He had a feeling the hunter would be stuck with this other spirit for a while yet, and he didn’t want him powerless if the time came to fight.

He looked over at Jason, who just nodded and went to sit with Janus. Klas got to his feet, and brushed his clothes down, then smiled at Iolaus. "Come on," he said.

"What? Where are we going?"

"I’m beginning to want a swim. Coming with me?"

Iolaus nodded. "But the nearest sea is several miles away. How can we...?"

"The river nearby goes to the sea doesn’t it?"

"Yes, but..."

Klas laughed. "Iolaus... What am I? What are we?"

Iolaus' face cleared. "Oh... We swim,"

"Something like that. Come on. I need this." Klas grabbed the hunter’s hand and pulled him enthusiastically out of the fort and down to the river bank, ignoring his protests that he wasn’t dressed.

"Good fishing here," Iolaus said, as he looked out at the dark water.

Klas gave him an exasperated look. "Do you only ever think of your stomach?"

"Sorry."

Klas started taking off his clothes. As he removed his pants, Iolaus moved towards him, his eyes lighting up. Klas giggled and pushed him away. "Later. Let’s do this first."

"But you’re just so... Gods, Klas."

Klas tilted his head upwards, and let Iolaus kiss him.

"Once we get to the sea, you can do what you want... right now.. I have to show you something."

Iolaus stepped away, and tried to look as if he was concentrating.

"Watch." Klas shut his eyes and directed his energy inwards. Within a second he was inside his pure form. He watched Iolaus' face change from amusement to shock, as he saw Klas in his true element for the first time.

Klas knew what he looked like... a vaguely human outline, consisting of a green glow and almost transparent, rippling hues of blue, green and jade. From his shoulders sprouted huge amorphous wings like the wings of a mantis ray, fluttering rapidly like the gills of a shark. He didn’t touch the earth, but drifted lazily, about four inches from the ground.

"Cool," Iolaus said. "How do you do that?"

Klas couldn’t speak to him aloud in this form. He let himself into Iolaus' mind and laughed at his expression, as the hunter realised where his words were coming from.

"You try it now."

"How."

"You know how to push your energy outwards, like you do when you’re with Janus. Now you have to pull it in."

Iolaus shut his eyes and concentrated. Klas directed his powers from within his mind, helping and tutoring him. At last, with a ripple, like a stone hitting a lake, Iolaus found the right combination of thought and will, and joined Klas as a water elemental.

Klas laughed joyously, stretching what would normally have been his arms into the air, and shaking his whole body in freedom. "Come on!" he yelled delightedly into Iolaus' mind, and with a graceful dive from the air, joined the river without a single splash.

Iolaus took a moment to find out how to move, realising it was pure thought that directed him. He drifted to the river, experimenting with directions.

Klas appeared from the river. "Don’t play with yourself, just get into the water," he said.

Iolaus couldn’t smile on the outside, but inside he was grinning from ear to ear. This was fun. He let himself sink into the river and just let the sensation lull him.

"Come on. To the sea," Klas said, and Iolaus was just in time to see the spirit flash, like quick-silver, past him.

"Hey. Wait for me!" he called and found himself moving through the water, or rather the water was moving through him, faster than anything he had ever dreamed of.

Klas heard him laugh, exulting in the freedom of his watery body, unencumbered by human mass. He remembered suddenly that no other person had ever been with him like this, and the urge to keep him this way, forever, became overwhelming.

Of his friends, he was the one who needed companionship and a mate. Like the river ran into the sea and rain joined the lake, he felt the desire to have someone like himself - someone to join with. He knew it could never happen though. He would be with Janus until the world, or one of them, ended.

They reached the sea in a matter of minutes, and Klas dove down into the deepest reaches, twisting and turning, almost soaring through the water, trying to forget that he was joined to heat and flame, and would never feel the cool, serene, twin soul of another.

Until now.

He looked back at Iolaus, who was floating still, suspended in the water, gazing around him in wonder.

The dawn was filtering through the sea, casting green radiance over everything, dappling the clear water with drops of sunlight.

Then, they weren’t alone. Fish of different colours swam around them, nudging up against them, even a shark, it’s fearsome mouth closed, nuzzled up to Klas. He caught hold of its fin and let the shark drag him along, giggling in the reaches of Iolaus' mind like a child.

Iolaus joined him, and together, they let the shark take them where it wanted to go, until Klas felt it’s hunger and set it free, telling Iolaus to do the same. "Let him eat." He said.

"I’ve been swimming in the sea before, but this.... this is amazing," Iolaus said. "I could live here, and never go back to being a man."

Klas laughed. "You *are* a water spirit! It’s why we chose you. Did you know your counterpart from another universe also felt the same attraction? He’s a merman now."

Iolaus' thought was tinged with sadness. "I guess wherever he was on the earth, he felt out of place."

"Hey... how about we go find him... say hello?" Klas shouted gleefully.

"No. Leave him alone. He doesn’t need to be reminded of his past life."

Klas let himself sink in the water, relaxing his whole being, feeling regenerated and renewed, then he shook himself, and swam towards Iolaus, who was communing with a turtle.

"Iolaus..." he started hesitantly. "Could you... join with me?"

"We’re already joined, I thought?" Iolaus said, his thought coloured with surprise.

"No. We’re joined to Janus."

"I don’t want to go through all that pain again," Iolaus said, reluctantly.

"Since when did water hurt you?" Klas asked. "Love fire, and it will burn. Love water, and it will pull you into its tranquil depths."

He reached forward and, half formed back into his human self, but retained his transparency and the fluttering sails of his wings. He stroked Iolaus. "I’ve been so lonely, Iolaus. Water provides life. Fire consumes. Could you spend millions of years as the lover of something that takes, and never gives?"

Iolaus moved closer, and at Klas' instruction, did as Klas had done, and coalesced into half-human form, stroking and touching the ethereal being.

"You seem so sad. I want to make you happy again," he said. "How do we do it?"

Klas kissed him. "Like this," he said, and where there had been two beings, there was one, literally joined, like one raindrop joining another, merged mind to mind, body to body.

He could feel Iolaus inside him, and knew Iolaus could feel him. Every thought, each feeling, every small piece of knowledge they had, was shared for that brief moment in time.

One, once more, became two."

"Is that it?" Iolaus asked, his voice surprised.

Klas laughed his rippling laugh. "Yes. That’s all. Come on. Race you back to the river."

Iolaus streaked off, knowing the more experienced Klas would easily overtake him.

Klas stayed alone, drifting in the water, going back to his pure form. The green light glowing from him grew brighter and brighter, then, abruptly burst in a hundred or more bubbles around him, each tiny green glow housing a separate entity, like a miniature version of himself. He gazed around at them, touching them all in turn, whispering, teaching, then he laughed, swimming off in pursuit of Iolaus.

"Congratulations, Iolaus. You’re a daddy," he said to himself.



CHAPTER ELEVEN

When Klas and Iolaus got back to the fort, they found Jason looking exhausted, and Janus back in his flamed form.

"Where have you been?" Jason demanded. "I couldn’t find Kirok to help me. You all fucking left me with him. You know I can’t control him."

"Sorry," Klas apologised, ducking, as Janus let loose a fireball at the frantic Jason.

Iolaus wondered what to do. He had no idea how to control the fire elemental, and just stood, watching warily as Janus let out a roar, not the roar of a man, but the roar of an out of control forest fire. Klas shrieked as the next fireball hit him full on, and he went flying across the room, smashing into the wall.

"Klas!" Iolaus yelled, about to run to the small man. Jason grabbed him, and spun him round.

"He’ll be ok. See to Janus," he yelled."Stop him chucking those fireballs!"

"I don’t know what to do," Iolaus cried, as Janus let loose with another detonation of fire.

They both ducked and Jason finally lost his patience, letting loose a blast of blue energy back at Janus. Iolaus got the first glimpse of what else Jason could do, as out of the electric light came tendrils of green, which coalesced around Janus' body as vines imprisoning him, spread-eagled, against the wall.

For a moment, Iolaus thought Janus would be able to break free, as his blazing form grew brighter, and so hot, the walls started to sweat. But Jason's power held him defenceless and he slumped, returning back to his human form. He growled fiercely, trying to pull away from the constricting plants that bound him. Jason stood up, his eyes narrowing in concentration. More vines grew from small leaves, engulfing the singer, creeping around his neck and slowly strangling him.

"Jason. Stop it!" Iolaus yelled, pulling at the angry Earth spirit.

"Mother-fucker. I’ll fucking kill him!" Jason ground out between gritted teeth.

"No. Leave him alone! Don’t do this. You know he can’t help it!" Iolaus cried. "Fuck it. Where’s Hercules when I need him?" He aimed a punch at Jason, and hit him square on the jaw.

Jason fell backwards on his ass, and his concentration was broken. He glared at Iolaus, and got up.

"You bastard!" he raised his hand. Iolaus could see the power building up in him again, and this time it was aimed right at him.

"Come on, Jason. You know this isn’t you," Iolaus pleaded, trying to calm the taller man down. Jason finally held up both hands and made a submissive gesture, his rock-like exterior calm once more.

However, Janus was still mad, and Iolaus felt the heat rise behind him. He turned, going to Janus, doing the only thing he could think of. He pressed up to the out of control spirit and kissed him hard, his hands opening the heated leather pants, and caressing Janus' cock.

"Fuck!" Janus gasped, and the dangerous red light faded.

Iolaus looked up at the feral face of his lover, seeing him struggle once more against the growth around him. Jason’s vines held him fast and helpless while he was in this form. He continued to tease at the swelling cock in his hand, feeling its heated length in his palm. He stroked gently at the weeping head and felt Janus convulse in pleasure.

"Want this?" he asked quietly. "Want me to finish it?"

Janus nodded, his body straining forward to make Iolaus stroke him harder. "Please," he whispered - the only time Iolaus had known his fiery lover to be submissive.

Iolaus stood on tip toe to kiss the man again, sucking at his lips and tongue, teasing with his own tongue, feeling Janus' naked torso trembling against him. He licked downwards to small erect nipples and bit at them gently, then tongued downwards to his navel, tasting the salt of Janus' sweat pooled in that deep indentation.

Janus moaned and squirmed, his low, hoarse voice ordering Iolaus to suck his cock. Iolaus prolonged the agony, pulling the tight leather from Janus' hips. He felt Janus enter into his mind, demanding that he finish it now, and felt himself powerless to resist.

He knelt at Janus' feet, feasting his eyes on the long thick cock thrusting almost in his face, and felt Klas come up behind him, and stroke his shoulder.

"Suck him," he whispered.

Iolaus leaned forward and took the seeping head in his mouth, licking over the slit with his tongue. Janus groaned, and his hips thrust forward as far as he could within the restraining vines. Iolaus looked out of the corner of his eye and saw Klas reach up to kiss and caress Janus' nipples, eliciting another low moan of desire from the helpless man. Iolaus moved his mouth over as much of the length as possible, tasting more pre-cum as it trickled slowly onto his seeking tongue.

He could feel Janus shuddering beneath his questing tongue, and the soft waves of hip-length, golden hair brushing at his shoulder as Janus moved his head slightly. That cobweb fine touch sent a ripple of need through his own body, and he pressed closer, enveloping Janus' cock in his mouth and almost swallowing it down.

Klas knelt beside him, and Iolaus pulled his lips off the turgid flesh, letting Klas take a turn. As the smaller man sucked on Janus' cock, Iolaus ran one hand up and down the slim muscled thigh of the fire elemental, the other captured his heavy balls and squeezed very gently. He reached between his splayed thighs and inserted two slick fingers into him, feeling the tight confining walls of his ass contract, and the burning heat of the man envelope him.

Janus jolted in rapture, and thrust forward even more, rocking against Iolaus' fingers, fucking Klas' mouth, and emitting his low throaty snarls and cries.

Iolaus felt Klas' hand rub at his own chest, finding his nipple and pinching it, sending small shivers of lust through his body. He moved his own hand to cover Klas', and felt his fingers close on his. Thus joined, they continued to take turns to lick and suck the delirious Janus to orgasm.

As the first silky drops of hot come started to spurt into Iolaus' mouth, he pulled away, letting Klas take a taste, then watched in fascination as Klas let the white drops splatter onto his upturned face. He burrowed his hands into the tawny locks of hair and brought Klas forward, kissing him and licking the come off his skin, ignoring the ragged, climactic cries of the man spread-eagled and bound in greenery, above him.

He felt a gentle touch on his mind, and sank into it, needing the soothing touch, after the heat and fury of Janus' own invading thoughts. He kissed Klas harder, suddenly wanting him, needing his placid, gentle body beneath his own. A fierce desire to take Klas violently invaded his body, and under his fingers, he felt Klas' consent.

"Do what you want to me," Klas murmured through their kiss, his own hands entangling themselves in Iolaus' hair and driving him crazy.

"Gods I want you so much... I want you now..." Iolaus' gasped, almost incoherent with lust.

Klas stood up, pulling Iolaus with him. They both looked at Janus who was slumped in his green prison, his chest still heaving with release.

"Come to my bed." Klas whispered, and tugged insistently at Iolaus' hand.

Iolaus was about to follow when they were suddenly blasted by a gust of wind so frigid, it left them with chattering teeth, and frost in their hair.

"What the fuck have you done?" came Kirok's whisper, sounding malevolent in its anger. "Klas... What have you done?"

Klas backed off, his face paling. "N... Nothing," he said.

Iolaus stared at the usually calm, spiritual Kirok, and saw the blazing white light coming from his eyes. He had learned from his association with these men that this was not usually a good sign. Hercules stood beside Kirok, a look of shock on his face.

Kirok advanced on Klas, the cold white light burning stronger and stronger. He reached out and touched Klas' chest right above his heart. Klas shrieked in agony and fell to the floor, trying to get away from the hand fixed firmly to his skin. Kirok bent above him, his face unreadable, the light flowing from his body and tearing into Klas, who writhed in torture, his screams echoing around the fort.

At last Kirok stood up, and Klas shuffled backwards, tears streaming down his fear-filled face, until he hit the wall beside Janus. It seemed he too had never seen Kirok in this mood before.

"You fool. You complete and utter fool." Kirok never raised his voice, but Iolaus shivered. Kirok had spoken with all the warmth of wind coming off a glacier.

He jumped slightly as Hercules came up behind him. "What’s going on?" Hercules said quietly "He looks pissed."

"I don’t know," Iolaus whispered back. "But I have a horrible feeling I’m going to find out."

Jason chose that moment to free Janus. The man pulled away from the vines still holding him and they shrivelled and died within a few moments, leaving nothing but a few dried out leaves and wisps of twisted, desiccated stalk.

"Don’t you even think of touching Klas like that again," he said dangerously, prowling forward, slightly crouched, his eyes as hot as Kirok's voice had been cold.

Iolaus stepped back, as Janus brushed past him. "Herc. I really think we should leave these guys to their fight," he said, his voice shaking slightly.

"No. We’re part of this."

Iolaus stared at his lover with surprise. "You’re enthusiastic, suddenly," he said.

Hercules stroked Iolaus' cheek. "I just want you back with me, with none of these weird powers. I just want to know I can make love to you safely, and know that you belong to me. You don’t know how it tears at me seeing you with them."

Iolaus bowed his head. "I’m sorry, Herc. I owe them my life. I had to help them. They helped me and you defeat Dahak. I couldn’t just walk away."

"I know... and... I’m sorry. I... betrayed you too."

Iolaus saw Hercules' eyes flick to Kirok and he understood. He patted Hercules' shoulder. "It’s ok, buddy. I... know how hard it is to resist them. I’ll kill you once this is over." He smiled up at his lover and turned his attention to what was happening with the other four men.

None of them had moved. Klas still cowered in terror against the wall, Janus still faced down Kirok, murder in his eyes; and Jason still stood on the sidelines, his face apprehensive. All of them were taut, and wound up like springs, waiting for the slightest touch to make them explode into action.

"It’s the Argesian stone that’s doing this to them," Hercules muttered.

"The what?"

"I’ll explain later, but I’m sure that’s the cause of all our problems."

Iolaus decided enough was enough. The air was crackling with ozone. Both men could see tiny sparks of energy spitting and leaping from Kirok's eyes. Janus held them with his own fiery red ones. The hunter stepped forward in between them.

"Uh... guys. You think perhaps we could work on this problem a little later? Ares would be busting a gut if he could see you all at each other’s throats."

"He’s right," said Jason, always the voice of sanity in the madness that was ‘Tallicus’. "You can deal with Klas later." He went to Kirok, and lay a gentle hand on his shoulder.

Kirok visibly relaxed at his opposite’s touch. Janus too, backed off, tossing his hair out of his face, and trying to look as if he hadn’t been about to kill Kirok. He reminded Iolaus of a cat that had been caught doing something playful and kittenish, and was now doing its best to look nonchalant.

Klas got up and shuffled over to Janus, holding his arm and glaring at the air elemental. Kirok just gave him a nasty look back, then turned and faced Iolaus.

"You don’t know what you’ve done," he said. "You and him have upset the balance."

Iolaus looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"Aww. Come on, Kirok. It’s not that bad. They’re half mortal," Klas said.

"Don’t even speak to me right now," Kirok snapped.

Janus pulled his small lover into his embrace, and kissed him. "You realise if Kirok thought for a moment Iolaus knew what he was doing, the guy would be toast?"

"Hang on. What in Tartarus’ name are you talking about?" Iolaus demanded.

Klas sighed. "I’m sorry, Iolaus. I misled you... when we... joined – in the sea... I had an ulterior motive."

"Over a hundred of the little fuckers," growled Janus. "You realise the world’s going to be over populated with fucking water sprites, don’t you?"

Iolaus stared at Klas, then at Janus, then lastly at Hercules. "I... don’t understand."

Klas giggled, then immediately straightened his face, trying to look serious. "Never mind. This is something I’ll have to deal with," he said.

Hercules decided to take charge of the situation, before it started getting out of hand again.

"Listen. You have to forget about this. We have to find out where Ares is keeping Arges, and then we have to destroy it," he said.

"Arges?"

Hercules sat them all round the fire, and explained the theory he and Kirok had come up with.

Janus sat still, a frown on his bestial face. "I’ve heard of this," he said at last. "This is what’s making me fly out of control?"

"We think so," Hercules said.

"And you say Ares has it?"

Hercules nodded. Janus frowned.

"I should have killed the mother-fucker when I had him the first time round." Janus growled, his eyes narrowing.

"You can’t, Janus," Klas said quietly.

"Don’t preach to me what I can and can’t do," Janus snapped. "You’re hardly a paragon of virtue."

"That’s different and you know it!" Klas returned. "Killing Ares affects humans. They need war. You know they do... the future..." he stopped. "You know the future. If they don’t have war to keep them under control... what we know, will happen much sooner."

"The earth will end in fire and flame, and all of mankind will perish, leaving the gods to start again," Janus said in a dreamy voice.

"There will be no gods," said Kirok in a chilling voice. "Without humans to believe, they will die, and we will inherit a dead earth."

Iolaus looked at Hercules. "Uh oh," he said quietly. "I don’t like the sound of this. I really hate it when Kirok wigs out on us like that."

"Don’t worry about it," Klas said. "We’re talking thousands of years from now. When we talk about the future, we mean aeons, not a few years."

Iolaus leaned forward, intrigued. "Show me."

Klas lifted a hand, but Janus slapped it down, glaring. "You’re really out to cause trouble aren’t you?"

"It won’t hurt him. He can’t stop it," Klas pouted.

"It’ll make him go insane," Kirok said. "you really think mortals can face what we know?"

"Uh... it’s ok, Klas. Really. I’m not that interested, anyway," Iolaus said hurriedly. "Now what do we do about Ares?"

"We have to find out where he is first," Hercules said. "That’s easy enough. I’ll go visit Hephaestus. I’m sure, once he knows Ares has the Argesian stone, he’ll help us."

"We’ll all go," said Klas. "We need to get out of here anyway. Between Jason’s vines and Janus' fireballs, this place is getting ready to fall round our ears."

Hercules got up. "No time like the present."



CHAPTER 12: FORGE

Hephaestus was busy at his forge when the mixed group of men trouped in. The maimed god raised his head and wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead.

"Hercules... Iolaus... ah... What are you doing here?"

"We need your help," Iolaus said, pushing Hercules back. He knew Hephestus owed him a favour and thought it best if he asked.

There was a flash of light and a veritable shower of flowers and love hearts. Aphrodite, Hephaestus’ wife and Hercules' half sister made an appearance.

"Herc! Sweet cheeks!" she squealed. "It’s awesome to see you again!"

"Sweet cheeks?" Iolaus heard Klas' amused voice from behind him.

Iolaus tried not to blush. "It’s a nick name.. ok?" he told the tiny man.

Klas' giggle echoed round the forge. Janus kicked him, and moved forward with his usual impatience.

Iolaus held him back. "Ah. Hi ‘Dite. We’ve come to see Hephaestus. We have a favour to ask."

The goddess of love pouted prettily. "I can tell when I’m not wanted," she said.

Hercules grabbed her arm just before she disappeared. "Wait. Don’t suppose you’ve seen Ares around, have you?"

She frowned. "Come to think of it... no. I’ll ask about if you want me to. What’s the problem? Is he pissed with you again?"

"You could say that," Hercules agreed.

"I’m sure someone knows. Cupid is usually a good bet. I’ll get back to you." She vanished in a flurry of hearts and confetti.

The god of fire and forges limped forward. "What’s all this about Hercules. You don’t usually come looking for me, and asking for my help."

"It’s a long story... and our.... companions are... tired. Can we sit down somewhere?"

"Sure." Hephaestus thoughtfully conjured comfortable seats for them all.

"Gee. I wish I was a god," Klas sighed.

"No... You really don’t. That would be too much," Iolaus whispered.

Hephaestus looked curiously at the four men with Hercules. "So are you going to tell me who these guys are?" he asked.

Hercules made hurried introductions. As the god greeted them, Hercules could see his eyes drifting often to Janus who sat quietly, trying his best to stay calm and in control. Klas' and Iolaus' constant touch helped, but every now and then a flare of red light would glint in his eyes.

"I... feel I know you," Hephaestus said at last.

Janus smiled his wolfish smile. "Probably," he said quietly.

"Ares has the Argesian stone," Hercules said abruptly.

The fire god turned back to him. "Arges? How did he get that?"

"We don’t know. But it’s causing a few problems... and we need to get it back off him."

"I’ll help if I can. By rights that stone should be mine. Prometheus should never have let it out of his sight."

"It needs to be destroyed. Those stones cause nothing but problems. Okeanos is still with Poseidon and there’s not much danger of it ever leaving him, but Arges needs to be utterly removed from the face of the earth.... so does Kronos."

"I can’t help with Kronos, but Arges I can do something about. Why is it causing problems?"

Hercules looked at Janus. "Show him," he said.

Janus slumped wearily, the effort of keeping himself in check at last lifted from him. He blazed into his true form, briefly, just long enough for Hephaestus to see what he was, then, was once more a man again. Klas and Iolaus soothed him as he lay there gasping with effort.

"I can’t do that again," he whispered. "If I do, I won’t be able to come back."

Hephaestus stared at the raggedly breathing man, sitting weakly on the chair.

"Pyr!" he breathed.

"Yeah, yeah. I’m Pyr. Now will you fucking get on with this. I’m really not doing very well here," Janus muttered.

Hephaestus looked at the other three men. "So you others must be... Hydor, Gaia and... Aeer... where’s Pneyma?"

"He is no more. I am both Aeer and Pneyma." Kirok said.

"Can we do all this later? Really?" Janus asked, a note of desperation in his voice.

Hephaestus bowed his head slightly. "Anything you wish. I’ll help."

"How do we destroy Arges?" Hercules asked.

Hephaestus looked back at Janus. "He can do it. He has to consume it with his fire. It’s either that... or throwing it into the nearest volcano."

"HA!" Jason yelled with enthusiasm. "I bet Ares wasn’t betting on us finding that out."

"And what’s the chances he’s holed up somewhere that’s no where near an active volcano either?" Iolaus added.

"Pretty good!" Klas crowed. "Let’s go get him."

All the men leapt to their feet.

"Hold on!" Hephaestus cried, "Which one of you is Hydor?"

"Me," Klas said meekly, holding up a hand.

"You can’t go near that stone."

"Why not?" Klas asked, frowning.

"You just can’t... What does fire do to water?" Hephaestus demanded.

"Uh... evaporates it... but I thought this stone could only affect Janus."

Janus, grabbed Klas' hand. "If it can do what I think it can do... You shouldn’t go within a mile of it," he said. "I can’t lose you. I mustn’t."

Klas’ huge green eyes looked up into Janus' own fierce blue ones, a serious expression on his pixie face. "Ok. I won’t," he said at last.

They all turned as another flash of light brightened the cavern they stood in. When the light faded, Aphrodite stood there, with her son, Cupid.

Iolaus heard Kirok's sudden intake of breath and looked at the elemental. Kirok had a really strange expression on his face.

"Hey there, Uncle Herc," The winged god of love said. "Mom tells me you’re looking for Ares."

"Yeah." Hercules pulled Cupid off to a different part of the cavern and started talking to him quietly. Iolaus noticed Kirok's unfathomable eyes following the god.

"Down, boy," Iolaus whispered to him. Kirok jumped, and turned to the hunter with a smile.

"Is it obvious?" he asked.

"Pretty much. It’s a good thing you’re wearing loose pants. There could be a problem." Iolaus looked down at the already visible bulge.

*Gods. He must be hung like a horse.* He thought. *And he and Herc have been together. How can I ever hope to compete with that?*

Hercules finished his conversation with Cupid and the pair walked back over to the group of men.

"Bad news, guys," Hercules said. "Cupid says Ares is in the centre of the labyrinth in Crete. We’re going to have a hard time getting to him."

"I know the way," Cupid offered. "I’ll take you there."

Iolaus heard a small groan from beside him. Kirok was having a hard time with the handsome, blond god... literally.

"I really wish Hercules hadn’t shown me the lusts of humans," He said quietly. "I’m not sure I can deal with it."

Jason went to his side, and put his arms about his shoulders - the first time Iolaus had seen any real sign that the two spirits were joined. "It’s the Argesian stone... You’re getting weaker, Kirok," he said.

Kirok buried his face in Jason’s long brown curls. Iolaus could see him trembling violently. Jason stroked his hair gently, and then leaned down slightly and kissed him. Kirok drew him closer, and Jason pulled away, his blue eyes glowing slightly.

"Shit. We really have to do something.. and fast," he said. "I’m losing my own control."

"Tell me about it. I know something’s wrong when you two start wanting to fuck like rabbits," Janus' deep voice said.

"We should let them. They’re both so fucking anal," Klas snickered.

Janus kicked him again.

"So... how do we plan on getting to Crete?" Iolaus asked.

"Ship, of course," Hercules suggested. "None of us can fly."

Klas cracked up laughing. "Some of us can," he said.

Hercules and Iolaus stared at him. "Who?"

Klas just looked at Kirok. "Him, of course. Don’t you know anything? By Thor’s hammer, it’s pretty fucking obvious.

"Drop the Viking shit," Janus muttered.

Cupid came forward, his own eyes on the Air spirit. "How about you and I go ahead, case the joint. We can wait for the guys at Ida."

Kirok looked at Jason. Jason shrugged. "I think it’s a good idea. I really don’t want to know what’ll happen if you lose it near me. I’ll probably destroy the whole of Greece."

That was it. Klas dropped back to the chair, and just cracked up. "Talk about blatant!" he crowed.

"Shut the fuck up, midget!" Jason rumbled, his voice like a small earthquake.

"Uh. I think we should get going," Klas muttered. "It’s gonna take a while to get there."

They thanked Hephaestus for his help, and walked out into the sunlight.

Hercules decided at this point to take charge. "All right. We need to get to Neapolis and find a ship that can take us."

"Oh. We have our own ship," Klas said, suddenly, smiling brightly at the demigod.

Hercules stared at the tiny man. "You mean you let me hire a ship from Naxos, when we could have taken yours?"

"Uh... yeah. I guess. I wasn’t thinking," Klas said. "Hold on." He closed his eyes and that sea green glow emanated from his body. After a while he opened his eyes. "Ok. It’ll meet us at Neapolis," he said.

Hercules put his hand over his eyes, and shook his head. "I’m not sure I want to know," he said, a slight sob in his voice.

"It’ll take us about a week to get there, so it’ll give your crew plenty of time to sail from Naxos... if that’s where it is," Iolaus planned out, aloud.

"She doesn’t have a crew," Klas said mysteriously.

"I told you I don’t want to know," Hercules said sternly.

"Why should we walk?" Jason said.

Hercules pointed at Janus. "You really think he could ride a horse?"

Janus growled at Hercules, his eyes mean.

"We have transport. How do you think we get our huge stage show around?" Jason said.

Iolaus and Hercules looked at each other. "Carts are far to slow..." Hercules started.

"It’s not... a cart," Jason said. "And it’s pretty fast."

"How fast?"

"It’ll take us a day to get to Neapolis."

Iolaus pushed the demigod back, as he lifted a fist. "Uh... Herc... Calm down," he said. "Jason.. Do... whatever it is you do to get the... transport," he added, in a reasonable tone.

Jason nodded, and went into the same trance Klas had gone into. "It’ll be here soon," he said, when he came back to himself.

There was a soft groan from Hercules. Iolaus patted him on the shoulder. "There, there. Don’t upset yourself so," he crooned.

They all ignored Klas' peals of laughter.

"Well. We’d better get going," Cupid said, over the hysterical snickers of the water element. "Come on, air-type dude," he addressed Kirok, looking him up and down in appreciation. "How you going to do this?"

Kirok smiled calmly, then raised his arms, the blinding white light flashing from him, brighter than Hercules or Iolaus had ever seen it. They shielded their eyes until the light died down a little, then Iolaus gasped, seeing the same look of reverence on Hercules' face.

"By all the gods... He’s beautiful...!" Hercules gasped in an awe-struck voice.

Kirok hovered above them, the white light still shining from him, giving him a slightly transparent glassy appearance. He was totally naked, but Iolaus' curious eyes could see nothing where his genitals should have been. It was like he was completely sexless. The only recognisable thing about him was the long curls, as they drifted around him with a life of their own.

But the amazing thing about him was the wings. A huge ten foot span of blazing white feathers beat slowly from his shoulders, causing the air around them to kick up dust, and blow their hair in their faces.

"Kirok in his true form," Klas whispered to Iolaus. "He’s wonderful, isn’t he?"

Iolaus could only nod, unable to take his eyes from the incandescent figure above him. He felt tears come to his eyes. He was sure he had never seen anything more perfect. Not even the gods...

The gods...

Iolaus tore his eyes away from Kirok and looked at Cupid. The love god, too, seemed amazed.

He felt Iolaus' eyes on him and smiled. "Can’t let myself be beaten by an elemental," he muttered, and made a small gesture. The small wings thrusting back from his own shoulders grew longer and longer, until they swept the floor. He flapped them experimentally, then poised to take off. With a powerful jump into the air, he hovered with Kirok, above the watching group, his wings beating slightly faster than Kirok's own.

"Cool! This is totally awesome," he yelled. "Come on, Kirok."




CHAPTER THIRTEEN: LOVE IN THE SKIES

At first Cupid luxuriated in the power of his new wings. He'd grown lazy in recent years, he realised. Using his godly powers to transport himself wherever he needed to go, meant that he only used his wings on those occasions when a soft spring breeze called irresistibly to him and he had to answer.

He glanced at Kirok, as he'd found himself doing more often as they flew, and suddenly realised it wasn't laziness that had stopped him, it was loneliness. Flying with a companion, was completely different and he smiled in pure happiness as they flew, rejoicing in the beauty of his companion - and in his company.

Apparently, Kirok was concentrating on where he was going but, at length, he returned Cupid's smile. "Cool!" the love god grinned and went into a steep dive, coming up in a loop beside the elemental whose glittering eyes surveyed him with an expression he didn't understand.

"You don't do this often," the elemental said at last, his words echoing in Cupid's head.

It was a statement and Cupid wasn't sure how the other could know that, but was having too much fun to question it. "Not enough," he agreed, closing in on Kirok.

The elemental was beautiful. Like nothing he'd ever seen before. His incandescence called to something deep and essential within him and before he realised it, he was flying as close to Kirok as their wingspans would allow, unable to tear his eyes away.

"Is this better?"

It was no more than a whisper in his mind. Cupid found himself staring in surprise as the elemental changed back to the human form he'd worn in Hephaestus' forge. It was the same except for the span of white wings and the light that still burned in the dark eyes. That had a pull that Cupid couldn't resist. he folded one wing in slightly and got closer. He reached out to Kirok, gently touching the long dark ringlets. "Doesn't this get in the way?" he asked.

A smile curved Kirok's full lips. "Of what?"

"When you're flying?" His heart beat faster as he moved reluctantly away to regain full use of his right wing.

"No. But these do."

And the elemental's clothes were gone and Cupid was staring at Kirok's naked beauty. He swallowed as he studied the long, deceptively slender lines that proved there was hard muscle under the smooth skin. There was something...he pulled away slightly to see it better, and stared.

Patterns of colourful flame writhed and twisted over Kirok's hips and thighs - licking tongues of fire that looked scorching hot, and the idea of their caress intrigued Cupid. He moved in again and reached out to touch Kirok's left hip, wanting to see for himself if they were real. The jolt that ran through him at the contact convinced him - it was as though fire coursed through his veins and concentrated suddenly in his groin as his cock swelled.

Caught by surprise, the beat of his wings faltered for an instant and he dropped behind and below. He looked up and then his cock threatened to burst as he saw Kirok's cock above him, rising full and rigid from its bed of flames. It was possibly the most beautiful, and certainly the biggest (Discounting of course the King of Corinth's.) that Cupid had ever seen. More than anything, he wanted to touch it.

He took a few hard beats to develop the air speed and turned on his back; manoeuvring and thanking Olympus that he'd spent centuries practising flying as an adolescent. After several painful experiences, he'd mastered this seemingly impossible trick. He was aware of Kirok looking down at him and knew those unreadable eyes were glowing. He knew too that the elemental understood what he was about to do and wanted him to do it.

Battling the down draft of Kirok's wings, Cupid eased himself upward until he was only inches away. He had to get this right, he really didn't fancy being picked out of the ocean by Uncle Herc on his ship and having to explain how he'd managed to dunk himself. From beneath, he grabbed hold of an ankle, folded his wings and almost clawed his way up Kirok's body stopping to tongue the interesting bits of flesh as he came to them.

When he paused to flick his tongue over Kirok's achingly full cock, the elemental's reaction almost bucked him off. Laughing he worked his way upward, anchoring himself with his legs around Kirok's thighs, he stopped to tug on a gold nipple ring with his teeth. By the time he got to Kirok's face, the elemental was laughing as hard as he was. Cupid could feel the vibrations through his body. Kirok's cock was bobbling against his. But what delighted and intrigued him most was the glint of gold in Kirok's mouth – the elemental's tongue was pierced and studded.

It made the duel of their mouths into a battle that Kirok was bound to win. The sheer novelty of teasing that hard smooth jewel with his tongue was too distracting and meant he wasn't prepared for the metallic flavoured saliva that flooded his mouth when Kirok invaded him. The stud clicked rhythmically against his teeth, the tocsin echoed in his brain. He lost his hold on Kirok's body for a moment and had to grapple on again with his arms around Kirok's thighs and his face pressed against the flames and soft public fur.

Kirok's cock butted his cheek and a groaning laugh from the elemental encouraged him. He gave the shaft a long slow lap with his tongue, taking his time to trace the entire length of the shaft, before wrapping the tip and swallowing it as much as he could.

His mouth was still full of liquid and he sucked down until Kirok's wing strokes were coming unevenly, and the elemental's hips were jerking as he tried to thrust deeper into Cupid's mouth. He pulled back and sucked at the very tip of the head, tasting the salty pre-cum and smoothing it over the velvet flesh. Most of the sounds that Kirok was making were lost in the wind as Cupid lost himself in the pleasure. It was like nothing he'd ever known. The thing deep inside him that Kirok's gaze had spoken to, grew too powerful and he knew he had to have him come like this, to swallow his essence while they were in flight.

He sucked the cock in deeper, and began to trace the path of those flames with a hand down the hip, then lightly over the front of the thigh to cup the dangling balls. He bounced them with wicked delight. Kirok jerked and his cock pushed deeper into Cupid's mouth almost choking him. Knowing how dangerous it was to forget themselves in mid-air like this, (That plunge into the sea might be closer than he thought.) he could feel the elemental's excitement and had to try it. Maybe Kirok would catch him if it didn't work.

He let himself get lost in the feel of fullness in his mouth, chewing on it not too gently, hearing Kirok's yelp of surprise as he did so, and then a plea for more. His head moved up and down on the rigid flesh and his hand gently explored the spirit's balls, caressing them in time to the movements of his mouth. Kirok was thrusting back as well as he could, and Cupid knew he wasn't far from orgasm.

He pulled off Kirok's cock for an instant, feeling the disappointment which spasmed through Kirok's entire body. He gave the smooth head of the cock, a promissory lick and sucked the fingers that he'd been fondling the spirit's balls with. Still gripping a thigh, Cupid worked his hand around the back to Kirok's ass, and over the swell of his buttocks. He thrust his fingers into the cleft and a frantic sound from Kirok warned him to hurry. His finger teased for only an instant only, circling the tight entrance, before sliding in. At the same moment he relaxed his throat and swallowed the elemental's cock all the way.

The result was impressive. Bucking wildly at the sensations, Kirok screamed over the wind, thrust his hips hard trying to bury his length in Cupid's mouth, then pulled out to impale himself further on to the fingers working deep in his ass.

The already erratic beating of wings fragmented into short choppy movements as Kirok's hips bucked back and forth. Cupid stayed with him, the solidity of the cock in his mouth and the flow of cool air from the down draft of the wings over his own straining cock excited him almost beyond bearing. He added another finger to the one in Kirok's ass and pushed in deeper still, searching for that one spot.

As he brushed it, the elemental bucked and came in an outpouring of liquid that washed through the god. As he opened himself to the spirit's essence, it ran hot and scalding down his throat. Swallowing greedily, despite the near pain, wanting more, his tongue and mouth milked every last burning drop. When he was filled with it, he released Kirok's body and dropped away from it. Keeping his wings folded, he let himself free fall, drinking in the beauty of the form above him -- the flames, the gold hoops in his navel and nipples, the while pearls of cum still raining from the cock.

He took a few beats with his wings and tilted his head back to check his position relative to the ground. "Oh shit!" With a wild swerve, he somehow managed to avoid the wooded hilltop coming up at him, and put his energy into gaining altitude. Recovering his flight rhythm he closed on Kirok who had slowed his own rate of climb to wait for the god. The elemental was laughing at him and Cupid didn't blame him.

He spent the little time that was left of their flight idly stooping around, luxuriating in the feel of the air around him as he moved around Kirok, openly studying him. The elemental said nothing but Cupid could tell from the look in his eyes that Kirok was as fascinated by him as he was by Kirok. He flew above him briefly, trying to calculate angles and wingspans, trying to see if a full mating between them while flying was possible. Eventually and regretfully, he had to let it go and by the time they finally landed, he was readier to fuck than he could remember being in an awfully long time.

And Kirok was not behind him in that. No sooner were they both on the ground than they were moving against one another. Cupid plaited one hand in Kirok's long black curls and snaked the other lightly around the flame engraved ass to pull them closer. As he put his mouth on Kirok's and sought an entrance, there was barely a hesitation as the elemental opened fully to him and he could feel the cock coming to full hardness again against his own erection.

A slow grind with his hips made Kirok gasp suddenly as Cupid left his mouth to work down his way down the chest gently tugging with teeth and tongue at a gold ringed nipple. He fingered the other, swapping mouth for hand until Kirok was groaning helplessly beneath the dual assault. Kirok's hands were in his hair too, pushing down. Cupid dropped to his knees then and slid his mouth around the tip of the cock. He'd meant to do no more than to tease it, but found himself suddenly moaning around as much of it as he could when he felt the light touch of hands on his wings. The hands knew precisely where and how to touch him, caressing the sensitive points again and again, not grabbing but in no way uncertain. They were the knowing hands of a winged spirit sharing his knowledge with a winged god. Cupid moaned and sucked wildly, one hand lightly caressing the heavy balls, his other holding on to Kirok's thigh for balance as the feel of those hands on his wings went straight to his own cock. Within moments he was coming helplessly, his seed spattering hot over his thighs

Panting, he raised his head and looked at Kirok. The dark eyes met his with a look in them that made Cupid reach back for the spirit's hand still entangled in his feathers and pull it free.

With insistent pressure, he indicated what he wanted and Kirok responded by kneeling down in front of him with his thighs spread and his glistening cock thrusting up between them. Still enchanted, Cupid lost control and lunged towards the elemental needing to taste it again. Kirok arched back and spread his thighs further and Cupid pushed relentlessly down until the elemental was on his back, his thighs spread wide under the god's weight, and Cupid's mouth was moving over his body, wet tongue soothing where sharp teeth bit, until Kirok was writhing in his hold, pushing his straining cock up against Cupid's belly.

Unable to wait any longer, Cupid sat back and lifted Kirok's legs so that he was spread open and ready. Then he bent and gently mouthed the flushing balls and licked the swelling flesh on either side. He probed at the entrance that his fingers had already opened. As Cupid worked his tongue inside, the elemental cried aloud writhing from the hot, wet intrusion and begged for more.

Cupid raised his head. He'd been working one hand over the leaking head of his own cock, and used the moisture to slide his fingers inside and leaned over Kirok. A cry, a thrust, and Kirok was shuddering helplessly, the spirit's cock spurted, splattering Cupid's stomach and chest. He was still for an moment and then when Kirok's spasms had stilled, he slowly withdrew his fingers and moved to sit legs astride Kirok's hips, staring down into the elemental's eyes.

"You don't do this often, do you?" he asked, and only as it left his mouth did he recognise the echo of Kirok's earlier words to him.

Cheeks flushed and body gleaming with sweat, Kirok panted, "Only once...this way." Then he reached up to Cupid and he drew the winged god's head down to his.

Cupid's amazement was lost under the deliberate strokes of the studded tongue in his mouth. He wanted this to continue forever, but his cock wasn't going to let him wait. He needed to be inside the elemental now, and Kirok was thrusting up against him, fully hard again and ready for him.

Cupid produced a flask of oil and unstopped it. The elemental's eyes followed his hand the entire time as he tipped it and let some of the thick, golden liquid fall on Kirok's skin. Kirok gasped at the sensation and his breaths came unevenly. He smiled down at the spirit and moved slowly down his body, hands smoothing the oil on them to the base of that amazing cock. A touch, a smooth glancing stroke, and it shone with oil as Kirok groaned and thrust. More oil on his hands, and they moved around Kirok's balls, every last part of him. Then he took his own cock, greased it and held it against Kirok's length stroking up and down. Another thrust from the elemental, a begging sound and Cupid shifted himself so that he could move Kirok.

The lack of any resistance took him by surprise, and made him even harder as he realised Kirok would allow him to do anything he wanted, trusting the love god, for it meant only pleasure for them both. Kirok mewled as Cupid turned him over and gently persuaded the elemental up positioning him on all fours with his ass spread open and shining with oil. That smooth, muscular ass in front of him was almost too much. By mentally counting sheep - and thanking Olympus they didn't do for him what they did for Iolaus - or Ares, Cupid managed to keep himself in check, though he shuddered at the light brush of Kirok's wings, He positioned his cock, and slowly, so slowly, began to slide in.

Kirok's moans turned to cries as the god slid inside, and Cupid groaned, the heat, the amazing feeling of Kirok around him at last. His hands left the elemental's hips and plunged into in his wings, searching desperately in the soft feathers for that place that would have Kirok writhing under him in wild unthinking delight. A whimper told him when he found it, and he played in the feathers and pulled his hips back, sliding slowly in again while Kirok spread his thighs wider, pushing back with his ass, begging with wordless inviting moans.

Cupid looked down, saw his thick cock plunging in and out and moaned as his hips began to thrust more quickly, seemingly of their own volition. He had no control. He pushed deeper and faster into the elemental. Desperately needed to get lost in the fire. Feeling insane with pleasure, wanting to drive Kirok insane with it. His hands were on the outstretched, shuddering wings, his cock was ready to explode, his own wings were extending as he began to cry to the sky and Kirok's scream rose to as the spirit's orgasm ripped through his body. Muscles clamped tight around Cupid's cock and he pumped helplessly, cries torn from his throat as he came again and again into Kirok's ass, a never-ending unbelievable completeness.

Finally, seeming to sense the instant before delight turned into pain, Kirok let him go. Cupid slumped with his head between Kirok's wings resting on the sweating back, caressed by the feathers that folded back and cradled him, like a mother swan cradling her sygnets.

In all his years as a god, in all the centuries, he'd never known anything like that.

He eventually found the strength to disengage from Kirok and slump down on the ground beside him. Dark eyes with more than a hint of a smile in them met his, and then they were entwined again. Cupid closed his eyes and let Kirok taste his mouth, his hands irrevocably wound into the dark hair, knowing that he wanted this spirit as he'd never wanted anything before.

At last, Kirok said, "We've done it your way. Now it's time for me to show you mine."

Cupid realised suddenly that he had been thinking of Kirok as another god. He knew nothing about the being kneeling in front of him, not where he came from, what his purpose in life was... nothing but his name. Well, time enough for that. Now he wanted to know what Kirok was going to show him.

"What do I do?"

Kirok's full lips twitched. "I've never done this with a god before. It could be... explosive," he said. "Let's try anyway," he added, and got to his knees.

Kirok gently touched Cupid's chest with two fingers. The god shut his eyes, his wings fluttering for a moment, furling and unfurling in anticipation.

He felt a soft breeze across his cheek, then the fingers on his chest grew warm. He opened his eyes quickly, not wanting to miss this. Kirok was a nimbus of pure light, his eyes glowing, reaching into Cupid's mind.

"Taste me. Feel my power in you." Kirok's voice was a mental whisper.

Cupid threw his soul wide open to Kirok's touch and suddenly his whole body convulsed as the most unbelievable carnal desire he had ever felt in his many centuries, coursed through him. He shrieked loud and long, throwing his arms wide open, his head back, only aware of the overwhelming and unexpected orgasm that shredded his whole being. The eruption of his seed over Kirok's stomach and onto the ground was only the smallest part of it. He was with Kirok as one for a split second, experiencing the elemental's own pleasure. Kirok pulled him close and he sobbed helplessly, never wanting to be released from that embrace.

Yet, gradually he calmed and regained enough control to pulled away from Kirok who knelt in front of him, chest heaving, body shuddering. He became aware that Kirok's seed was liberally splattered over his body. He gathered up some of the warm essence with a finger, closed his eyes and tasted it's silken salt on his tongue as a ghost of the incandescent pleasure the spirit given him.

"We have a job to do." Kirok voice reminded him softly.

Reality was almost welcome. He opened his eyes and saw that Kirok had stood up. The light surrounding him grew unbearably bright for a moment, then faded and when Cupid's eyes adjusted, he saw that once more, Kirok was inhuman form, dressed in his loose black silken pants and flowing shirt.

"Yeah... uh... ok... wait up." Cupid got rid of his own huge wings, willing them back into the small familiar appendages. He flapped them experimentally for a minute, getting used to the balance of his body, then settled them back against his still sensitive skin.

"Ready to rock?" Kirok said, smiling.

"Yeah. We got some war gods ass to kick." Cupid grinned.

"I think we should wait for the others." Kirok replied. "They'd be so pissed if we did it without them."

Cupid laughed, and they made their way to the entrance of the Labyrinth where Ares was waiting with the Argesian stone.



PART 13: A sea voyage

Hercules stood with his hands on his hips, looking at the strange sight in front of him.

"So... We're supposed to sail in this?" he asked, looking down... and down at the water elemental beside him.

"Yeah. Got a problem?"

"Uh. Is it safe?"

"Course it's safe," Janus snorted. "I wouldn't travel in it if it wasn't. Water and me don't get on."

"Not what I've seen," Hercules muttered.

Janus glared, and slapped Klas on the back. "Come on. Let's get aboard. You know being close to this much water freaks me out. The sooner we can get to Crete, the better." The two men boarded the...

Ship?

Hercules frowned. What the hell was it?

It looked like a ship, if you half closed your eyes, but it had no rigging, and the sails seemed to be a part of it, moulded rather than a separate component... in fact the whole ship seemed like it was moulded in one piece. Not only that, there wasn't a stick of wood or tar on it, and the whole thing looked like it was made out of glittering jade green glass. Hercules sighed and walked with Iolaus up the gang-plank.. which wasn't a plank at all.

As they boarded the...Ship?

Hercules reached out and touched the rail. Beneath his hand he could feel a strange, throbbing warmth. He withdrew his hand quickly, wondering if it was too late to get another ship to take him to Crete.

He looked around him. Iolaus seemed comfortable walking on the...ship's? deck and leaned against the mast, talking easily to Klas. Hercules felt the familiar jealousy, and it took his mind off the strangeness of the...

It's a fucking SHIP!

He looked about once more, wondering where the crew were. The five men were alone. There was none of the shouting of orders, casting off of ropes and general busyness that usually heralded a sea voyage, just the sound of the sea whispering in his ears.

At last Klas went to the prow, and raised his arms. Hercules could see him glowing slightly. He felt the ship move beneath him and looked back at the small harbour.

To his surprise it was already several miles away, and they were cutting the water with a swiftness that he had never seen before. He felt dizzy, and looked about for somewhere to sit down, unwilling to touch the almost breathing material.

Iolaus saw his confused look and went over to him.

"Hey, big guy. You look like you need to sit down a while." The hunter steered Hercules over to a corner by the rail and pushed him down.

"What is it?" Hercules whispered, pulling his lover down with him.

Iolaus shrugged. "It's water, of course," he said.

"Water? How can...?"

"Look, Herc. It's long and complicated, and I'm not sure I understand it, myself. So just shut up and enjoy the ride. The last time I travelled this fast was that time me and Autolycus stole..."

"But... if it's water... how can Janus get on it?" Hercules interrupted.

Iolaus shook his head. "Remember Klas can't hurt him, and he can't hurt Klas, even thought they're opposites. I think it's got something to do with that."

Hercules gave up trying to understand any of this, and leaned his head back on the lightly pulsing wall. "I need some sleep," he told Iolaus. "Wake me when something happens."

Iolaus patted Hercules on the arm and left him to stand beside Janus.

*****

Janus was stood looking out to sea, the wind blowing in his reddish blond hair. He glanced at Iolaus, and then deliberately turned to him.

"You shouldn’t go near Arges either," he said, his deep voice vibrating in Iolaus' soul. Iolaus shot a look at the motionless Klas still standing at the prow, then smiled up at Janus.

"Klas can’t come. You’ll only have me to help," he said.

"I have to do this alone," Janus said.

Iolaus stroked the hot skin of the man he was joined to. "You need all of us, Janus. You’re weak."

Janus grinned his feral grin and bent his head to kiss Iolaus. "I’m not that weak," he whispered against Iolaus' lips. Iolaus felt his heated touch on his neck, and the accompanying response of his cock.

"Janus..." he moaned. "Not now..."

"Now, Iolaus." Janus caught the hunter in his arms, kissing him passionately. Iolaus was helpless beneath the elemental’s raw, powerful touch. He found himself sinking down to his knees, and Janus pulling him close, opening his leather pants.

"No!"

Iolaus shook his head and blinked, looking around for the whereabouts of the angry voice.

"Hercules. Don’t interfere," he snapped, getting to his feet.

Hercules advanced, his face furious. "Leave him alone, Janus. Why not take Klas? He is yours after all?"

Janus' eyes narrowed dangerously. "Keep out of this," he hissed malevolently.

"You were forcing him. I saw you!" Hercules said, grabbing Iolaus by the arm and hauling him to his feet in one smooth move.

"Herc..."

"Shut up!" Hercules barked.

"But Herc..."

Janus stalked forward, almost coming nose to nose with the demigod, his fists clenching furiously. "You don’t know shit, man. Keep out of this!"

"I know what I saw. I know you need him, but you don’t have to..." Hercules started.

Janus let out a roar of rage, grabbing Hercules by the front of his shirt and pitching him over board. Iolaus let out a yell, and rapidly changing form into the one Klas had taught him, dove cleanly into the water, swiftly swimming back to the rapidly disappearing Hercules, who had no hope of catching the ship at the speed it was travelling.

Hercules was treading water when Iolaus caught him. Iolaus half changed back and supported his friend in the water.

"Boy, Herc. You really shouldn’t get Janus pissed," he said.

Hercules stared at his changed lover – at the huge amorphous liquid wings that overtook most of his body. He nearly forgot to tread water and sank for a moment, the weight of his clothes carrying him down. Iolaus sighed and dragged him back up.

"Come on. We have to catch up," he said.

"I’m not getting back on that boat. I’d rather swim to Crete," Hercules said stubbornly.

"Fuck it, Herc. This is no time to throw a jealous tantrum," Iolaus yelled back.

Suddenly the transparent shape of Klas reared up in the water beside them. Hercules let out a yelp of surprise, and sank again. Iolaus groaned and hauled him up to the surface once more.

"What’s his problem?" came Klas' voice in Iolaus' mind.

"He and Janus had a fight," Iolaus explained. "Janus pitched him overboard."

Klas sighed mentally. "I knew this was a bad idea getting your lover involved," he said.

"I tried to explain, but Herc wasn’t having any of it. He probably horny as hell, and pissed that he can’t have me."

Klas shut his eyes and sank beneath the waves, the flukes of his wings breaching the water like a glassy whale. "Fuck this," he said. "I’ll deal with it later. Let’s get him back."

The ship appeared before them, bearing down on them like some unstoppable tidal wave, then gently came to a halt. Klas caught hold of Hercules' legs, and Iolaus his shoulders.

"Hey!" Hercules protested, struggling.

"You’ve caused enough problems. Shut up and let us get you back on the ship!" Iolaus growled, starting to lose his temper.

Together the two spirits drifted out of the water, becoming airborne, and floated back onto the deck, dumping the soaked demigod unceremoniously back on the deck. The second Hercules dropped, the deck beneath him gave a strange little shiver and he found himself mostly dry, the water puddle around him absorbed back into the ship like it had never been there.

Klas melted back into his human form, once more becoming the tawny haired, sweet-faced man Hercules was familiar with. Iolaus followed him back, flowing into his body a little slower than Klas, not being so used to doing it.

Janus was stood in the same place they had left him, his arms folded defiantly across his chest, his face closed and bestial.

"I should have burned you to a cinder," he remarked.

"Don’t do me any favours," started Hercules, making for Janus.

"NO!" Iolaus grabbed his friend by the arm. "Stop this."

Hercules looked down at the man he loved. He looked lost and upset to Iolaus' practised eye. "I hate this," he said at last. "It kills me to see you in his arms... it kills me to see you doing everything he wants you to, like you’re his slave or something."

Iolaus realised Hercules was near tears, and his face softened. "Herc. I can’t... We can’t do this to each other. You know I have to do it to save his life. I’m sorry... but if it wasn’t for these guys..."

"I know." Hercules blinked his tears away, and tried to look as if it had been the breeze in his eyes that had caused them. "I can’t help the way I feel about you."

"I love you too, big guy. You know that," Iolaus said softly, stroking his lovers hand, and blushing as he said the words they said so rarely, but meant so deeply. "I don’t feel like that for Janus... or Klas... it’s just the link we have..."

Klas went to the two men, and laid a hand on Iolaus' shoulder, then Hercules' forearm. "Remember I said I’d help you if it became too much?" he asked. "I think it just became that time."

"I’m not making love to Iolaus with you watching me," Hercules snarled.

"You are," Klas said, his normally light, accented voice becoming like steel. "Come." He led the way down into the depths of the ship.



Chapter 14: The Love Boat

The seemingly sentient ship was as transparent as the rest, but inside the light was dim and rippling shades of blue and green.

Hercules looked around him, feeling like he was trapped in some strange, warm, watery cocoon. Reaching out to touch the hull wall, he felt that same warmth and the sensation that what was under his fingertips was alive and watching him. Looking outside, he saw myriad shoals of fish swimming past too fast to follow. He looked down at his feet and was overcome by motion sickness. The floor of the ocean raced by underneath him, and he felt like he was floating.

"This is really, really weird," he muttered.

Klas smiled, his childish face brightening. "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"I wouldn't go that far," said Hercules, shuddering.

"Forget about it, Herc," Iolaus urged. "Klas brought us down here for a reason."

Hercules pulled his mind back to that reason. "No. I don't want to do this... not with him here."

"It's the only way," Iolaus insisted.

"I'd rather risk death."

"That's very sweet and noble," Klas said, a tinge of sarcasm coming into his voice. "I'm sure Hades will have a fucking good laugh at your expense when you arrive in his realm and tell him how you died."

Hercules glared at the little elemental and Klas just grinned brightly back at him.

Iolaus went to Hercules, and pulled his head down to kiss him. Hercules couldn't help but respond. Since Iolaus had become linked with Janus, he'd found it almost impossible to stop thinking about making love to him. It was as though Iolaus had some sort of spell on him.

He felt a brief flush of guilt. He had taken Kirok instead of his lover, in retaliation for seeing Iolaus letting Janus fuck him so blatantly. Now Klas stood there, expecting them to fuck in front of him. As Iolaus' tongue entered his mouth in a sensual flickering movement, Herc shot a quick look over at the elemental. To his surprise, Klas was stood by the hull of the ship, not looking at them, but at an octopus that had attached itself to the outside.

Hercules broke away from Iolaus' kiss. "No... no. There's no way I'm doing this with all the life under the sea watching," he exclaimed.

Klas turned with a small impish grin. "But he's cute," he said.

"Nice eating on those," Iolaus interjected.

Klas glowered. "Think of your cock, not your stomach," he said, and with a flick of his wrist, dismissed the octopus, who swam off, managing to look miffed with its abrupt dismissal.

"How does he do that?" Hercules whispered.

"You don't want to know," Iolaus said, and put his arms insistently around the demigods neck again, drawing him down into the womb-like softness of the ships floor.

Hercules pulled his mind off all the distractions around him, and sank into his lover's embrace. Usually Iolaus was an active partner in their love making, but the infusion of the water spirit within him had turned him into a tractable lover, waiting for Hercules' first move.

Hercules moved on top of him, kissing him and stroking his body, caressing him slowly, forgetting about the presence of Klas, forgetting about everything but the taste, feel and smell of his man laying beneath him, groaning softly at his touch. He ran his tongue over taut little nipples and shivering skin, revelling in the reactions. He realised he liked Iolaus like this - willing to let him do whatever he wanted - and his cock leapt at the thought of getting inside the tight hot body and fucking it hard.

"Wait."

Hercules brought his mind back to the now, and looked up at Klas, who stood in front of him, the strange green glow giving out soft contrails of weirdly coloured light.

"Do you mind?" he asked.

Klas reached out and touched the nape of Hercules' neck, his fingers cold to the demigod's skin. "This isn't the way," he said.

Hercules scowled. "It's the way I do it... and could you get that fucking octopus out of here?"

Klas turned and saw the curious gastropod was clinging once more to the hull, looking at them with inquisitive blue eyes. He giggled and flicked the animal away again, then looked at Hercules, his own green eyes deadly serious.

"This has to be done right," he said.

Hercules let out a groan. "By the gods. Let's just forget this."

"Herc!" Iolaus complained, half sitting.

"Forget it. I've got water spirits, octopuses and gods know what watching me. I keep on expecting Poseidon to drop in for a gawk. Perhaps the other Iolaus could come in... have a cup of tea and make comments... invite them all! I don't care!" Hercules threw his hands up in the air and got to his feet.

Klas snickered. Iolaus tittered and Hercules glared at them both.

"I'll do it. I'm sure I can persuade the reticent dick," came Janus' voice.

All the men looked up to see the tall blond standing there.

"Uh... Janus..." Klas started.

"Get out, Klas. I'll deal with this," Janus said.

The look in Janus' hot blue eyes brooked no argument. Klas fled.

Janus advanced on Hercules, his walk like a stalking cat, his eyes narrowed and dangerous looking. "Ok, Herc. We're gonna do it my way. Either you fuck him... or I will."

"That's a threat?" Iolaus asked.

"Shut up, Iolaus," Hercules and Janus both snapped.

Janus reached out and Iolaus yelped as he was drawn by an invisible force into Janus' arms. The taller man bent and kissed the hunter, his eyes still staring into Hercules'. Hercules was overwhelmed by anger, jealousy and passion all at the same time, and he lunged.

"He's mine!" he said.

"Take him then." Janus spun Iolaus back into Hercules' arms.

"Hold on!" Iolaus yelled. "Time out, guys. I feel like a fucking toy you two are fighting over. I’m a person, not a possession."

Janus smiled wolfishly. "Are you?"

Iolaus glared and Janus laughed.

"You know, Janus. Sometimes I really wish..." Iolaus started.

"Enough of this crap," Janus growled. "I don't have the strength for fucking with you, Iolaus. Just let him have you." He shut his eyes and knelt on the floor, bowing his head.

Hercules looked at Iolaus. "Are you sure about this?"

"Yeah, Herc. Come on. I want it as bad as you," Iolaus urged.

Hercules smiled into his lover's blue eyes, and kissed him gently. Iolaus leaned into the kiss, opening his mouth and encouraging Hercules with a wordless whimper, to kiss him harder. Hercules lost himself once more in Iolaus and pushed him back to the soft floor of the ship.

He lay atop his lover, their tongues entwining as he explored the hunter's mouth anew, as though testing to see if the link with the elementals had changed him. But the soft lips and lapping tongue felt the same as always. The only difference was that Hercules felt more aroused and needy than he had for a very long time.

They slowly undressed each other, kissing and exploring as their hands roamed over each other's bodies. Hercules had almost forgotten about their silent watcher, but he grew aware of a burning heat at his back, and he suddenly felt self-conscious once more in his nakedness.

He tried to forget about Janus kneeling there, until he felt callused hands on his back, stroking and soothing him just as he claimed Iolaus for another kiss. He lifted his head and looked back. Janus' blue eyes were filled with the heat of desire, but curiously gentle.

"Continue," he whispered.

Hercules let his mind drift and he almost forgot Janus was there. He knelt above Iolaus and sucked once more at the sensitive nipples, feeling the hunter writhe beneath him, his voice hoarsely urging him on. Hercules took his time, lapping his way down Iolaus' ribs, hearing him shake with suppressed laughter, then reached the dimple of his navel.

As he bent to tongue the indentation, he felt callused hands caressing his own ass cheeks, running up and down the cleft, pausing at his entrance and tickling slightly. The touch enflamed him even more and he let out a moan, arching his hips upward a little, not caring who was doing it to him, just knowing it was what he wanted.

He went down even further, burying his face in the nest of muskily fragrant blond curls and breathed on them. Iolaus arched beneath him and gasped, urging the demigod to suck him, fuck him... anything. Hercules nuzzled his cheek against the hard velvet of Iolaus' cock, lazily licked a trail up it and then enclosed the head in his mouth, sucking on him gently, twirling his tongue around the helmet, tasting the salt of his excitement.

The hands stroking his buttocks and thighs grew more insistent, and Hercules felt them slide underneath to cup his balls, squeezing slightly, then moving further round to grasp his aching cock and move up and down on it, a thumb rubbing over the leaking head and smoothing the wetness of his pre-cum over the length. He moaned, going down further onto Iolaus, sucking frantically at him, his own hips bucking at the silken touch. He had never wanted to be penetrated and fucked as much as this moment.

The fingers stroked back round to his ass once more, and Hercules felt slick fingers probe gently into him, moving in slowly a knuckle at a time. He let out a yelp, and felt Iolaus' fingers in his hair and the cock thrust further into his mouth. He was so enraptured of the slow penetration Janus was giving him that he had momentarily forgotten about his desperate lover beneath him. He continued sucking and licking at the throbbing cock in his mouth, his own fingers seeking the hunters ass, easily sliding inside him, opening and stretching him.

Beneath him, Iolaus was rocking his hips, crying out his name, body moving in rhythm with the now desperate tonguing Hercules was giving him. Behind him, teasing fingers suddenly rammed deep into him and he emitted a wordless cry as they grazed over his centre of pleasure, then stayed there and probed and prodded at it.

Iolaus was tossing his head, asking for more, urging the demigod to suck him harder, but Hercules was lost in the feeling of those long fingers reaming his asshole and didn't want it to stop. He wanted to get fucked. He lifted his head for a moment. "Fuck me," he gasped out. "Please Janus... fuck me."

There was a deep, throaty laugh from behind him, then the heat of Janus' body grew almost unbearable.

As he bent his head once more to Iolaus' cock, he felt hard, slick flesh prodding at his aching asshole, then the feeling of being opened and impaled for the first time ever. He let out another wordless yell, his mouth too full of hot cock to do more than that.

With a cry, Iolaus finally reached climax, emptying himself deep into Hercules' mouth. Hercules eagerly took it all, savouring the salt of his lovers come as he felt Janus pounding into him, not being gentle. The demigod didn't care anymore. He just needed this so much. His whole being was aflame, and he suddenly had a small idea of what it was like for Iolaus to be joined to the brutally sensual spirit. P> With an animalistic roar Janus buried his cock inside Hercules and the demigod felt him coming hot inside him. He rocked backwards, lifting his head, his whole face contorted with pleasure and shrieked, his body spasming. Gods he wanted to come so bad. His body was tingling like it was on fire, his cock was almost bursting with the need to be released.

Janus withdrew and pulled him upright, holding him around the chest, fingers teasing at his nipples, his breath searing in Hercules' ear as he nipped and bit at the sensitive flesh there. Hercules leaned his head back on Janus' shoulder, opening his arms wide, offering himself to the two men unconditionally.

Iolaus lay panting from the intensity of his long delayed orgasm, but Hercules saw his eyes widen as Janus held the demigod captive and crucified in his arms for Iolaus to do as he wished. Iolaus turned over, offering the smooth twin mounds of his ass to Hercules to fuck. Hercules moaned again as Janus continued to tantalise his body, trails of fire following his seeking hands, then he felt the elemental give him a little push.

"Take him," he said harshly, and the burning touch left him.

With a moan, Hercules grabbed Iolaus' hips and plunged into his tight hole, feeling Iolaus. He burrowed into him until he could feel the warm sac of his balls pressed up against the hunter's buttocks. He whimpered, and withdrew a little, starting a long, slow climb up to completion. He wanted to savoir the build up to the most intense orgasm he knew he would ever have.

He tossed sweat damp hair out of his eyes, to watch his cock plunge in and out of his lover's ass, but he couldn't hold on. The sight of his cock grinding into the hunter overwhelmed him, and he cried out Iolaus' name, filling his lover's body with his own seed.

"I love you," he gasped out at last when the throbbing of his cock died down to a soft pulsing. Bent over, face pressed against Iolaus sweat slick back he heard his lover's voice answer him in kind, and then Janus' deep chuckle.

Reality returned swiftly, his softening cock was slipping from Iolaus' body and he was suddenly aware that he was being watched, and not by either of his lovers. A pair of soft, almost uncannily human blue eyes was looking back at him through the hull. He groaned, "Tell Klas to get that fucking octopus out of here right now!"

All he heard was Iolaus sated giggle and Janus' booming laughter as the elemental climbed back up to the deck.

"It's only an octopus," Iolaus soothed, reaching for the demigod and drawing him into his arms. Hercules returned his kiss and sighed.

"Yeah... but it was watching us."

Iolaus snickered again. "That's nothing. I saw two whales look in on us. You were too busy to notice."

Hercules felt himself blush. Iolaus laughed harder and hugged his lover to his chest. "I was kidding," he soothed.

"Good." Hercules lay down on the cushioning floor and yawned, flushed and tired out by his amorous exertions. Iolaus settled down beside him, and they cradled each other. As he slipped into an exhausted sleep, Iolaus was stroking the damp hair from his face and he was sure he didn't hear his lover say, "Yeah. I was kidding. There were three."



Chapter 15

Cupid couldn’t resist entwining his fingers in Kirok’s hip length hair as they crept smoothly and silently down the darkened corridor.

"Stop it," Kirok whispered, his voice echoing weirdly in the low, enclosing walls of the labyrinth.

"I can’t keep my hands off you," Cupid murmured back.

Kirok turned on the winged god, his face disapproving. "Can’t you keep your mind off your cock for more than a minute?"

"Yeah," Cupid looked wounded.

"Well do it. We have to scout and see if we can find Ares."

"Are you always so serious?" Cupid asked. "It’s only Uncle Ares."

Kirok rounded on his companion, his black eyes blazing with unholy light. "He may be only ‘Uncle fucking Ares’ to you, bird-boy, but to me, he’s the god killing my friends," he snarled.

Cupid put up his hands, warding off the angry elemental. Boy, he really didn’t want to get this normally passive being pissed. "Ok, ok. Keep your hair on, dude. I just don’t really see him as a threat like you do."

Kirok seemed to calm and the light faded from his eyes. "You’d better start thinking of him as a threat, Cupid, because once he knows you’re with us... he’s going to turn you into roast chicken."

"Eww!" Cupid didn’t like the picture Kirok's words had put into his mind - complete with stuffing and baked potatoes

Kirok raised a softly glowing hand, lighting the way in front of them. "Come," he said and continued onwards. Cupid followed the spirit, trying not to gaze at his tight, rounded buttocks, trying not to think of their love-making - the way his long curls drifted around his flame-tattooed hips, the soft sweetness of those sensual lips....

Cupid shook his head and tried keep his mind on the matter at hand, but by Olympus it was hard.

Achingly hard, in fact.

As they rounded a corner, Kirok stopped and peered into the darkness. "I feel something," he said.

A stifled roar came to them, echoing in the depths of the labyrinth. Kirok gasped slightly, in very human fright. "What the fuck was that?"

"Uh. The minotaur," Cupid answered.

"A minotaur? There’s a fucking minotaur here? Why the fuck didn’t you tell me?" Kirok whispered fiercely.

"I uh... I thought Theseus had killed it. Obviously there’s another one."

Kirok groaned. "I can’t do anything against a minotaur. Can you?"

Cupid shook his head. "I’m afraid they’re demigods... and therefore under Zeus’ protection. None of us gods can kill him, though Uncle Herc killed one once, before the order was made by Zeus."

"Shit! A demigod. That means only Janus can kill it. Fuck. Why don’t things always go to plan?"

Cupid stared at the elemental in front of him. If he hadn’t known it, he would have thought the small, beautiful man standing in front of him was human. No longer was he the mysterious spirit Cupid had fallen deeply for.

He frowned as Kirok brushed back past him and made his way back along the long corridor. "Where are you going?"

"I’m not risking the minotaur. We have to wait for the others," he said softly.

Cupid smiled. That was fine by him. The others would be at least another day on their journey. He was sure Kirok and he would find something to do.

**********

"Cupid. Wake up."

Cupid opened his eyes. He hadn’t really needed to sleep, but Kirok had been exhausted by the weakening effects of the proximity to the Argesian stone, and the lack of support from Jason. After they had made love several times more, on the ground and in the air, Kirok had fallen into an debilitated slumber in Cupid’s arms and Cupid wondered what it would be like to join him. He had held the elemental close and snuggled into the warm, embracing wings that Kirok hadn’t bothered to banish, and had followed him into sleep.

He raised bleary eyes and saw Hercules, standing above him, hands on hips, looking disapproving. Beside him, Kirok stirred and turned in his sleep, fluttering his wings upwards and outwards, buffeting the love god, as he settled them back down to his shoulders. Cupid pushed the feathers out of his face and got up.

"Uh, hi Uncle Herc," he said.

Hercules shook his head, but didn’t say anything. He turned and looked at the cave-like entrance to the labyrinth nearby.

"So that’s it?" he asked.

"Yeah. We had a look about, but uh... there’s a minotaur in there," Cupid said.

"A minotaur?" Iolaus came up from behind a rock, and looked down at the still naked Kirok, blissfully asleep. "Oh wow," he breathed.

Cupid frowned as he felt a pang of something he had never experienced before when Iolaus looked admiringly at the air spirits body. He rummaged round in his mind for what the feeling was, and realised it was jealousy. He bent down and shook Kirok awake.

Kirok muttered something in a strange hissing language, then opened his eyes. Within a moment of waking, he was back in his human body and clothed, looking cool and emotionless. Cupid realised he disliked him in this form, and wanted the wondrous, passionate, winged spirit back.

"Pretty but not practical," he thought, and tried to put his mind onto what the others were talking about.

"... a minotaur. Frightened the life out of me," Kirok was saying. "But I think Janus can deal with it."

"I pity the minotaur," Iolaus muttered.

"I’ve beaten a minotaur before," Hercules said.

"Yeah, well Janus has an... interesting way of killing things," replied Iolaus.

"Yeah? How? Might come in useful if I need to do it again," Hercules said.

"Believe me... you wouldn’t want to know," Iolaus said hurriedly. "Where are the others? I left them on the beach," he added irritably and wandered out of sight.

"I wouldn’t want to know?" Hercules turned to Kirok.

Kirok smiled. "He fucks them to death. His seed is lethal to gods and demigods."

Hercules gulped visibly, and his bronzed skin paled a shade or two. Cupid resisted the urge to laugh. Good to see something rattle Uncle Herc.

A few minutes later the others arrived. Cupid hadn’t taken much notice of the stone-faced Jason, the leonine Janus, and the friendly Klas, so now he watched them carefully, trying to get a sense of exactly what they were. Kirok had told him nothing about himself, and the only information he had gleaned was that he was some kind or air elemental. Beyond that, who knew.

Hercules was talking to the four men, calm as always and trying to explain his plan for getting rid of the minotaur.

"I can lure him out, and incapacitate him, while you go on ahead," he said, addressing Janus. "I’m not going to be much use to you when you find the stone, so leave him to me."

"You weren’t much use last time either if I recall," Janus rumbled, his deep voice sounding impatient. "Let’s get on with this. Klas, Iolaus. You should stay here."

"Janus, you need me," Iolaus protested. "The whole point of me being here, is because I’m human."

"I don’t want to risk it," Janus said.

"But..." Iolaus started to argue.

Jason spoke up. Cupid was forcefully reminded of rock grating against rock. The rough voice was indistinct, and the love god felt he had to concentrate to understand what he was saying.

"We don’t know what Arges will do to Iolaus. We need to be four when the time comes. I think we should let Iolaus come with us, but if it hurts him, he should return here."

Janus frowned for a moment, obviously thinking about this plan, then nodded. "I agree."

"What about me? what do I do?" Klas asked, sounding saddened that they were all leaving him.

"Keep the ship together. We’ll need it," Kirok said. "Ares is going to be pissed. We might need a fast getaway."

"He’s a god, dude. You ain’t gonna get away from him," Cupid interjected.

"But he’ll be on our territory. I think he’ll be powerless," Kirok said.

"He has a point," Hercules said. "Ok. We ready? We may as well get on with this."

"Not yet," Kirok said.

Cupid watched as the four elementals and Iolaus moved apart from the other two. He watched curiously, suddenly realising for the first time, that Iolaus was part of them. He’d wondered what was different about the hunter. Now he knew.

The five men gathered in a loose ring. And put their hands out, laying each one on top of another’s. They all glowed with the soft light of their elemental colours and began to speak words that Cupid felt had been said before the gods had been formed – the first spoken words the earth had heard.

"We are the closed fist." Janus whispered throatily.

"We are what should have been." Klas and Iolaus said in unison.

"What has always been." Jason said his part.

"What will be." Kirok completed the ritual.

The soft voices spoke, not only aloud, but in the love god’s mind. He was abruptly plunged into the knowledge of these beings. They had been the First, created when the world began, and they would always be there - after the gods had long been forgotten, and humanity had wiped itself from the planet.

He gasped and reeled back, suddenly horrified. How the fuck had he presumed to become the lover of one of the five... not only one of them, but THE one – Kirok - Aeer and Pneyma entwined. The Oldest. The First. He sank to his knees, moaning in his comprehension, overwhelmed.

"Are you all right?" Hercules asked, squatting down and rubbing a gentle hand on the sensitive parts of Cupid’s wing.

"The First!... They’re the First and Last!... Kirok... oh... Fuck!" Cupid groaned.

"Don’t let it upset you," Hercules soothed, not seeming to understand Cupid’s horror. "Ok, they’re a little weird, but they are just like us in some ways."

"They never will be. You don’t know the power they have. Kirok alone, could destroy the universe with a thought if he wished." The love god groaned again, feeling suddenly insignificant before these beings.

Hercules looked troubled. "Are you sure?"

"Yes!"

Hercules looked back up at the five men. "They never said they were so powerful," he said softly.

"Would you?" Cupid demanded.

"I guess not. Damn... and Iolaus is mixed up with them."

"Who gives a damn about Iolaus. I’m more worried about us... us, the gods. Man. What a real bummer. I mean a total bummer."

"Hephaestus knew who they were. He didn’t freak out, and he’s the god of Janus' element," Hercules tried, now looking really alarmed and as if trying to persuade himself that they weren’t who Cupid said they were.

Cupid looked up at the demigod. "Oh, believe me, he was freaking out. I could feel his vibes shuddering like an earthquake. I wondered why, and now I know. Fuck!!!! Does Ares know what he’s getting himself into?"

"Don’t worry about Ares. Klas won’t let Janus destroy him. He’s stopped him before."

Cupid shook his head. "Klas isn’t coming with us is he?" he affirmed.

Hercules paused then shook his head.

Cupid stood up, his body shaking with shock. "I gotta warn Ares. He may be a pain in the ass, but he doesn’t know what these guys can do."

"Wait!" Herc yelled, and grabbed for the god, but it was too late.

Cupid was gone.




CHAPTER 16: Back to the Labyrinth

Iolaus came back from his communion with the elements at Hercules' shout. He looked up and over at the demigod, his eyebrows drawing together when he saw the defeated look on his face.

"Herc?"

"Cupid. He left to warn Ares you were coming," Hercules said, his face looking paler than Iolaus had ever seen it.

"What?" Iolaus stared at his lover in shock. "Is he mad?"

"I tried to stop him, but he disappeared before I could grab him." Hercules strode over to Iolaus and pulled him away from the others. "He seems to think these guys are more powerful than they’re making out. He said something about the First, and Kirok being able to destroy the universe with a thought. Fuck it, Iolaus. I hope he’s wrong."

Iolaus frowned. "If they were that powerful, then why do they need our help?" he asked. "I certainly don’t feel that kind of power from them. I think Cupid is thinking of something else."

"Cupid was right," came Kirok's cool voice from behind him.

Iolaus groaned. He’d forgotten that Kirok seemed to be everywhere at once, and would have heard their discussion. He turned on the spirit, and crossed his arms. "You want to tell me exactly what you mean?" he asked.

Kirok smiled his sphinx-like smile. "Didn’t you ever think about the meaning of our ritual? ‘We are what should have been.’ The gods were a mistake... all gods, not just yours. ‘What has always been.’ We were the first beings on this world, and before that, the first energy. ‘What will be.’ Long after humanity and gods are forgotten, we will go on. We were the First and we will be the Last."

"So why do you need our help? I thought you didn’t have much power against gods?" Hercules asked.

Klas stepped forward. "We don’t. They were a mistake, therefore our powers don’t affect them the same way. Yeah, Cupid was right. We could destroy the universe if we wanted, but we don’t interfere. That is for gods to do. Gods created man, and now you are their responsibility, which is why we can’t destroy the gods."

"In the same way..." continued Jason. "Gods are your responsibility. You, too, have to keep them safe and believe. When you stop believing, the gods will die, and mankind will be lost."

Iolaus looked at Hercules. "Did you get any of that?" he asked.

Hercules sighed. "Yeah, I did, unfortunately."

"Good. Then let’s get the fuck out of here and go kick ass," Janus' voice interjected.

"That’s our Janus. Always willing and able to kick war god butt," Jason grinned.

Kirok and Jason turned immediately and went to the labyrinth entrance and Hercules followed them. Not seeing Janus beside him, Iolaus looked back and saw him with Klas.

Janus took Klas' hand and raised it to his lips, then nuzzled slowly at the little water spirits neck. Iolaus had never seen Janus show such tenderness, and the sight made him ache. He felt sadness, grief and love steal over him in a wave, and realised he was experiencing what both Klas and the fire spirit were feeling through the link they shared.

He found tears coming to his eyes, as Janus stroked the long tawny hair, and then walked back towards them, leaving Klas staring forlornly after. Kirok and Jason raised their hands in farewell, and they all went together into the dark entrance.

"What was all that about?" Hercules whispered as they followed Kirok, who was glowing very softly to light their way.

"I don’t know, but I’ll tell you this, Herc. I never felt so sad in my whole life."

"Uh oh," was all Hercules said.

"Uh oh? Will you stop it with the uh oh’s? The last time I heard those words. We had the four riders of the Apocalypse on our case."

"I have a feeling fighting them, is going to be like a walk in the park," said the demigod.

Just then they heard an echoing roar. All the elementals stopped and turned to Hercules. He realised they were all staring at him, wanting him to go ahead, so he could deal with the minotaur deep within the twisting, turning passages.

"Uh oh," he whispered, and taking the lead, walked on.



Chapter 17: Ares

"You did what?" the war god raged.

Cupid shuffled a bit, and tried not to meet his uncle’s flashing eyes. "I... uh... told them where you were."

Ares paced, then turned on the winged god. "You fucking idiot! I didn’t want them coming here. I wanted Janus dead. I want them all dead. Now my insufferable brother is coming with them. Fuck! I’m toast!"

Cupid had never heard Ares admit that he wasn’t entirely all powerful before, and it frightened him more than he realised.

"Why do you want to destroy them?" he asked. "This really isn’t a good idea, you know. I mean it’s the worst idea of all bad ideas, if you know what I mean."

"I have my reasons," Ares growled. "A ruined temple in Corinth and scars I can’t heal because of that fucking blond menace. What the fuck are they? They should be dead by now." He was muttering to himself, still pacing back and forth in front of Cupid. The love god decided to take his life in his hands and tell Ares exactly what they were.

"Uh... Ares. That’s what I came to tell you. You can’t hope to defeat these guys. They aren’t what you think."

"Of course I can defeat them," Ares said arrogantly. "I excel in this sort of thing. I’m the god of war, and I can..."

"Will you listen to me, dude? They’re the First and Last. Ares! You’re trying to kill the First ones!" Cupid shouted, interrupting Ares in mid boast.

He was gratified to see Ares’ normally dark face go a slightly paler shade. The god of war glared at Cupid, then strode towards him, grabbing him by his hair and pulling him so close, Cupid could see the hairs up his nose.

"What... the... fuck... did... you... say?" Ares’ deep voice was slow and measured, as if trying to keep control, and not blast Cupid into smithereens.

Cupid swallowed. "I said..."

"I heard you!" Ares threw Cupid backwards and he back-pedalled with his wings, furiously trying to keep his balance.

He glanced over at the stone Ares had set on an old altar. It was large and carved to look like a flame, and it glowed sullenly back at him, it’s angry, red light emanating hatred. Cupid shuddered. It really was an ugly thing. The sooner Janus destroyed it, the better.

He jumped suddenly at the soft touch of Ares’ fingers on his back, and he turned. "You can’t do this," he whispered.

Ares’ eyes gloated back at him. "On the contrary. Things couldn’t be better. The First have always stood in the way of the gods domination of the universe. With them dead, we gain control."

Cupid shut his eyes, images besieging him - of Kirok laying dead and bloody on the floor, his wings broken and torn. He couldn’t let it happen. It must not happen.

"Nooooooo!" the cry was ripped from his throat and he lunged for Ares, wanting to strangle the life out of his uncle.

Ares’ eyes widened, and he reflexively flung a fireball at the love god, watching dispassionately as Cupid was struck full force, and crumpled to the floor, momentarily stunned by the blast.

"You fucking traitor," he snapped, turning Cupid over onto his chest. He placed a foot on the delicate bones of Cupids wings where they joined his body, and stamped hard, breaking the wings as if they were matchwood.

Cupid shrieked in absolute pain, his body spasming with agony. He had never felt anything like this pain before and he blacked out.

******

Ares looked down at his nephew, laying unconscious beneath his foot. He grinned malevolently, addressing his still form.

"Which one of them have you been fucking? I never thought I’d see the day you’d choose them over your own kind," he reached down and touched the short blond hair, burrowing his thoughts into Cupid’s memories.

He gasped as images of Cupid flying, and making love to the winged elemental came into his mind. He grew abruptly aroused, absently stroking the bulge in his leather pants. He mined deeper and looked for more clues to defeating these upstart beings.

An image of Klas came to him, and he remembered the deliciously wanton little man chained up in his temple, unable to struggle as Ares pounded his cock into him. Now he knew. Now he knew their weakness.

He laughed and stood up, kicked the senseless Cupid in the ribs, then disappeared.



Part 18: The flamed death.

AUTHOR'S WARNING. Contains.. ummmm.... I s'pose you could call it bestiality.
Thanks muchly to Sel for beta'ing this.
This chapter is for Taz, who spurred me on to do this. Taz, you're sick and I love it!!!!!


"Now you’ve torn it," Iolaus said, looking at Hercules in an exasperated manner.

“I’m sorry. I was too busy trying to work out where that fucking minotaur got to. I never saw the trap," Hercules grunted, straining so hard against the ceiling closing in on them, Iolaus could see the sweat oozing out of his pores.

Iolaus knew they needed help, cut off from the others, the ceiling closing in on them. He shut his eyes, and concentrated hard. Janus heard his plea and was coming with the others, but they were starting to run out of time.

What the hell a fire spirit could do with a moving wall with several large spikes buried in it, he didn't know, but he was sure he could do something.

The hunter cast around the walls enclosing them, once more; searching the doorway for a trigger that might possibly open the heavy slab of stone. Normally Hercules could punch his way out of it, but right now he was busy, trying not to get them crushed.

"Stand back!" came Janus' warning voice in his mind. Iolaus retreated to the far end of the room, ducking under the spikes, which were creeping inexorably closer, despite Herc’s best efforts.

"Uh, Herc. It’s going to get hot in here," he warned.

"Great," The demigod replied in a surly tone.

There was a detonation from without. The door shuddered and the room became unbearably warm.

"Fuck!" Janus' growl was no less viscous for being in Iolaus' mind.

"It didn’t work?" Iolaus asked aloud, and received the fire elementals’ negative thought.

"Damn! Jase is gonna try something," Janus frustration echoed in Iolaus' head.

There was another thump, and suddenly the door exploded inwards, followed by a mass of vines, moving as if with a mind of their own. Iolaus ducked away from the stone, feeling small jagged shards hit his bare arms and cut in deep with the force of their detonation.

He heard Hercules' grunt of pain and looked up. A large piece of rock had hit him on the head, and he was bleeding profusely. He staggered, and caught the downward jerk of the lethal ceiling.

"Shit! Hurry up. The ceilings coming down!" Iolaus yelled.

"I got it," came Jason’s cry.

The vines entwined themselves around the spikes, grew rapidly up the walls and caught the locking mechanism in a stranglehold that pared thousands of years of mother nature down into less than a minute.

"Get the fuck out, now!" came Janus' mind yell. Jason’s loud shout echoed it from behind the vines.

Hercules dropped, gasping, to his knees. Iolaus, almost bent double under the shaking stone slab, ran to him, and grabbed his lover by the arm. "Come on, Herc. Let’s get out of here."

"I’m with you on that one!" Hercules groaned, and they semi-crawled out of the room, fighting their way through the vines, just as Jason lost control and the slab dropped with a resounding crash.

Iolaus collapsed against the stone, and wiped his face. "That was close," he said. "You’d think we’d be used to traps like that in labyrinths by now, we've come across them often enough."

He looked round to see Hercules beside him, looking pale, blood trickling from his head and falling into his eyes. "Shit. Are you ok?" he asked.

"Feel a little dizzy," Hercules said quietly. "Let me rest a minute. I’ll be ok."

"Uh... we don’t actually have a minute," Kirok whispered. "The minotaur's coming.

As if on cue came the wild roar that they had been hearing ever since they had approached the centre of the labyrinth, but it was much, much closer. Iolaus could feel the hair on his arms stand on end as the violent roar echoed around the group, sending a flood of emotions coursing through him, drawing out violent, almost forgotten memories.

Hercules struggled to his feet, but Jason pushed him back down. "You can’t fight like that," he said, his voice implacable as stone.

Kirok started to glow slightly. "Only one thing for it Janus. You have to kill it."

"Shit! Me? I’m not in the mood," Janus said.

Iolaus almost laughed. Janus' flat refusal would have been funny, if it wasn’t for the fact that they were all going to get torn limb from limb by a raging minotaur.

Hercules got to his feet again. "I can do this. You go and get Arges," he said obstinately.

Everyone ignored him as the minotaur crashed into the wide corridor where they were situated, and facing it, Iolaus was suddenly hit by a blind panic. He’d always remembered being taken prisoner by one of these creatures before, and the unreasonable fear of the thing hit him, once more.

He backed off; his heart thumping so hard, he thought it would jump out of his chest, watching the other elementals gather round the creature to fight together.

Suddenly a flood of memories opened up and overtook him. Unable to get away from them like splintering shards from a broken mirror: The fear, anger, pain. He had been taken again and again by the beast. Raped, used, violated, then darkness. The hunter felt as if he was drowning in honey as he remembered the warm ooze that enveloped his body and face as he was left to become one of the minotaur's soldiers. Fear. Darkness. Panic.

"Hey, cow face! Over here! MOOOOO!!!"

With Kirok's yell, Iolaus came back to the present, as he noticed Kirok flaring up with brighter light, and distracting the minotaur from his immediate goal, the injured Hercules. He ducked as the minotaur grabbed for him, morphing swiftly into his winged form and jumping aloft to avoid the clutching claws.

"That’s fine for you," Jason yelped, a large branch appearing in his hand...no, Iolaus thought wildly - that was wrong. It *was* his hand - and giving the bull headed being a hefty thump with it. "You’re the one with wings!"

"Janus!" Kirok cried. "Get the fucker! Yo! Bovine-brain. Go chew some cud!" He dove round the minotaur, taunting and distracting the being from focussing on any one of them.

Janus had a strange look in his eyes as he stalked the beast. Iolaus could see he still hadn’t done anything to change his shape or make an attempt at hurling one of his fireballs at the minotaur. He wondered what the normally fearless fire spirit was thinking.

The hunter reached out with his mind to see what could be holding Janus back. Fear. Yes it was fear but not fear of the minotaur. Iolaus could sense the fire elemental was afraid he would be unable to get back once he crossed over to his true form.

Iolaus knew he could help, and his own horror vanished as he felt the warm, dreading mind on his own, He reached out his thoughts to ease Janus' fears.

"Between all of us, we’ll get you back. I promise." He could see Janus' hesitation disappear.

"Janus!" Jason shrieked ducking out from under the enraged beast’s claws as he swung around to whack it again. Kirok swooped in, trying to turn the minotaur from its concerted attack on the man who was hitting it.

The bull beast bellowed in rage and swiped wildly, catching Kirok by the wing, he crashed to the floor and his aura faded out, plunging them into darkness.

"Hold the fucking thing, Jase!" Janus' deep-throated yell sliced the sudden ink of the labyrinth. "Iolaus! For fucks sake, we can’t see."

Iolaus remembered he, too, had these powers and concentrated hard, letting the green aura that surrounded him when he was in his other form radiate outwards, casting the whole area into an eldritch light. He looked around, seeing Hercules joining in the fight, unable to move with his usual nimbleness, he wasn't even able to hit the minotaur with his usual strength.

Jason was on the floor, beside Kirok, checking he was still alive, then he raised his head, his stony face filled with rage.

"Get out the way, Hercules!" he said, and flung his hands at the deranged beast who was still trying to land its own blow on the demigod.

Vines appeared round the minotaur, binding it by the wrists and legs, creeping up its body and holding it fast. The whole room seemed to tremble as the creature roared, loud and long, struggling wildly, the beast's efforts futile against its vine-like prison. Trapped, it continued thrashing about, trying to free itself. It was injured in several places, the blood now poured from its wounds as it writhed mindlessly.

The struggle and rage of the beast fascinated Iolaus. He was trapped like the hunter had been so long ago. Trapped and helpless and Iolaus felt nothing toward this beast. Not hate, fear, he felt nothing.

Janus walked to Kirok, touching his hair gently, his expression worried. He glanced at Jason, who was almost planted into the floor of the room, his concentration fully on holding the battling bull-beast with his own powers.

"He lives," Jason gasped out. "Come on Janus. Do something. Waste the thing."

"Can’t you just bind it up?" Hercules asked, looking reluctant to kill the creature.

Jason shook his head. "I’ll explain why later. I’m kinda busy right now," he said.

Iolaus couldn’t help it. He started to snicker, then laugh out loud, losing his control totally. Why the minotaur, now held captive should have this effect on him, he wasn’t sure. The beast was no longer a threat. Suddenly he could feel the flood gates of emotions open up, now they were all more or less safe, he felt this wild relief overtake him and the overwhelming desire to just laugh and cry at the same time.

Hercules seemed to realise that the hunter was on the verge of hysteria, and went to him, holding him in his arms. Iolaus buried his face into the familiar chest, taking comfort from the scent of his man and his strong arms around him.

"He’s going to kill it, and there’ll be no more of them," Iolaus whispered. "Thank the gods. There won’t be any more of them."

He felt Hercules squeeze him comfortingly, then the demigod’s body tensed.

"Oh my fucking gods!" came his whisper.

Iolaus raised his head, dashing tears out of his eyes and looked to see what Hercules was cursing about.

Janus was a being of fire, totally engulfed in his power. He caught the minotaur by the mane of hair, forcing the brute's head back. The stink of burning flesh filled the place and the beast howled.

Janus forced the strong human body downwards, letting the restricting vines support the bull-man’s weight, then ripped the loincloth from its body. The minotaur struggled wildly, grunts and groans coming from its torn throat, smoke drifting lazily up from the burning hair where Janus held it.

Janus' flame calmed a little and he changed back slowly into his human form, retaining the fierce orange yellow glow that drifted hazily around him, lifting his golden hair as it floated like candlelight around him.

Iolaus realised the spirit was naked, and his long, thick cock was ready and willing to take the minotaur into a pain filled death. He wanted to turn away, but stared, fascinated by Janus' brutality, as the elemental rammed his cock hard inside the beast, and pounded into him, his face almost as wild and inhuman as the creature he was fucking.

The howling scream of the minotaur bubbled around them. Iolaus started to shiver, even as the heat in the room climbed rapidly. The odour of burning flesh singed his senses and he moved closer to Hercules.

The fire elemental had the minotaur where he wanted it now, and abruptly, the beast stopped struggling, its howls turning to a lust filled bellow. It jerked backwards, its own huge, bull-like cock becoming erect. Iolaus heard Janus laugh, a cruel, hate-filled sound, then he reached round and started moving his hand on the long, fleshy protuberance.

The minotaur grunted and groaned in bestial desire, rocking its hips, fucking the large hand that held it at the point of climax. It shrieked suddenly and a powerful jet of thick come shot from its cock.

Janus' roar of orgasm filled the room, joining the bull-beast’s own ecstasy. Jason, still concentrating on holding their adversary, fell back, the vines withering away as if they had never been.

Janus threw his head back, shrieked again and the minotaur burst into flames, writhing and screaming as the conflagration began to burn him from the inside out. Iolaus winced realising the beast was being killed in the most painful way he could ever imagine.

Janus stood there watching, his whole body shuddering in completion. Iolaus noticed globules of molten fire dripping slowly from his still hard cock, falling to the floor and hissing evilly, leaving burned holes in the floor.

A moment later, there was nothing left of the minotaur but a pile of ashes and bones. The fire flickered and went out, the room got noticeably colder and once more, Janus was clothed in his familiar black leather.

The fire elemental went to Jason, who had the limp and bleeding Kirok supported in his arms, his hand on his chest.

"Can you heal him?" he asked quietly.

Jason nodded and azure light flooded from his hand into Kirok's body. The air spirit gasped, and his black eyes flew open. He looked around in a confused way for a moment only, then started to struggle up.

Jason grinned and helped Kirok upright. The winged being glanced dispassionately at the stinking remains of the minotaur, then he merged himself back into his human form, the wounds left by the minotaur’s talons fading into nothing.

Hercules struggled to his feet, bringing Iolaus with him. Iolaus found himself supporting the demigod as they joined the other three, not only that, but Hercules was shaking like a leaf.

As they approached Janus, Hercules suddenly lunged for the fire spirit and punched him hard across the face. Janus rocked backwards, his eyes flaring up into white-hot heat.

Jason and Kirok grabbed him, and Iolaus stood between the two of them attempting to hold Hercules back. The two men faced each other down, Janus looking dangerous - Hercules, with raging fury.

"Why in Tartarus didn’t you tell me you could do that, before you fucked me?" he yelled.

Janus' eyes held a look of murder. The elemental was ready to attack Hercules, but a slight touch on his chest by Iolaus, calmed him dramatically.

Suddenly he laughed, his eyes locked onto the hunter as he spoke to Hercules. "You've nothing to fear from me, demigod You belong to Iolaus. I wouldn’t hurt him." He touched Iolaus on the cheek. "Since you're still here, obviously I can 'control' my powers."

Hercules relaxed a little and Iolaus loosed his hold.

"But if you ever hit me again, you’re dead meat!" Janus added. "Cooked dead meat!"

He shook himself away from his restraining friends. "Come on. Let’s finish this," he growled and headed out of the room.



Part 19: Arges

Cupid awoke to find himself shackled with his hands above him, dangling uselessly in the middle of the room. He was first aware of the pain in his wings, the stiffness of dried blood caking his back and shoulders, the stink of iron in his nose. He moaned as he involuntarily tried to move the wings back into their normal position and found the broken appendages useless and agonizing.

He then became aware of the pain in his wrists and arms, and he struggled to pull himself upright to ease their hurt. It was only when he looked up, he found Ares stood in front of him, his dark face sensuously cruel.

"Ares..." Cupid moaned. "Why?"

Ares crossed his arms over his chest and said nothing; the dark eyes were filled with fury and delight in equal measure.

"You sick bastard!" Cupid spat out. "Let me go. I need to heal my wings."

Ares shook his head. "You’ll just go off to your lover and warn him, the way you did before. I can’t risk that."

"Dude, I warned you too. Doesn’t that count for anything?" Cupid asked, easing his shoulders once more and trying to ignore the shriek of pain that burst like a ripe melon over his broken wings.

"Oh, shut up!" Ares said impatiently. "You’re staying there. Perhaps when this is over, I’ll let you go and heal you, but not until then. You can stay here and watch me destroy your pretty little lover."

Cupid shook his head. "I won’t let you."

"Yeah? And how are you going to stop me, nephew, with your hands bound in Hephaestus’ chains?" Ares smirked and walked over to the hateful stone that still sat on the altar, and picked it up. Its glow was brighter than before.

Cupid could feel it; it’s malevolence buzzing abhorrently in his mind. How the fuck could Ares bear to touch it?

Ares came back towards Cupid, holding the stone out before him. Cupid shrank back, feeling its heat, his revulsion. If it did that to him, as an Olympian, what would it do to Janus?

"They’re coming. Janus just killed the minotaur, and they come - come to their deaths, all of them... and the great thing is, I won’t be the one responsible." Ares turned and motioned at the altar. There was a flash of light and Cupid recognized the little water elemental, Klas, held down by the same kind of golden chains that imprisoned him.

Ares’ smile grew wider and he approached the spirit. Klas was silent, but as the war god came forward, he started to change from his human form to his true form, a thing of water, a thing of such sparkling, pure beauty it brought tears to Cupid’s eyes. Ares put the stone down between Klas' spread and chained legs, running a cruelly tender finger along the iridescent skin.

The huge fluked wings undulated slowly in the hated air, and Klas writhed soundlessly. Cupid realized that he couldn’t survive long out of water in this form, and that the presence of Arges was keeping him confined, trapped in the body that could kill him.

"Ares! Don’t!" Cupid pleaded.

The god of war turned and smacked Cupid hard across the face. "Don’t tell me what to do!" He roared. "I want that bastard Janus kneeling at my feet begging for his lover’s life. I want him to bow down before me and plead. I want to take him as he took me – scar him with flame, as he scarred me! I want to watch him and his buddies die in fire and fear"

Cupid could feel the hate, anger and pain pouring off of his uncle. He decided Ares was losing it. What happened to him couldn't be the only reason for all the hatred that poured off of him. Was the god really that sick that he would jeopardize the world just for revenge?

He stayed silent, bowing his head. He wasn’t a fighter, and this burning anger was beyond him. He wondered how long it would take for Klas to die; yet he knew he had to try and do something.

*Kirok. Please hear me. You’ve got to hear me! Ares is killing him. He’s killing Klas. Hurry up!* he begged silently in his mind, reaching out with all the power he could summon, hoping that the love-making they had shared gave them enough of a bond for the spirit to hear him.

***

Kirok, walking in front of the others, lighting the way, stopped suddenly and turned. Hercules could see the shock on his face and he wondered what had happened.

"Klas..." Kirok whispered.

Hercules felt Janus beside him, his body shuddered, and then he stumbled using his hand he tried to support himself against the cold wall of the cave. The tall, strong man Hercules was used to seeing, the man that feared nothing showed nothing but his flaming anger, was crying silently.

"I can feel him... I can feel him dying..." His deep voice cracked as he spoke and he turned away.

Iolaus came forward. He too was weeping. He caught Janus in his arms and held him close. "We gotta save him," he said.

Janus suddenly reeled backwards crashing against the wall, his face pale. "No. The mother-fucker. NO!" he roared the last word, beating on the wall with his fists, screaming in pain. Iolaus too was white as a sheet and he backed off in shock.

Kirok turned to the two men, shut his eyes, then as he caught what they were feeling, began to tremble. "Gods, No... The fucker's raping him. He's raping him while he lays dying!"

Hercules looked confused and nudged Jason. "What’s happening? I thought Klas was safe?"

"So did we, but Ares has him. He’s got Cupid too. Cupid just mind-spoke with him," Jason whispered, his face bone white.

"So what do we do?"

Kirok recovered himself, and reached out to touch Jason reassuringly. The earth spirit stood close to him, a sympathetic look on his face as he regarded Janus and Iolaus. The blond pair held each other close both shaking in pain.

Jason turned and smiled sadly at Kirok, nodding slowly.

"We fight. We kill. We take revenge," Kirok said simply, his eyes hard as obsidian. "It’s time."

The elemental raised his hands, and Hercules shaded his eyes as blinding light flashed from him, making everything around him appear in negative duo-tone for a moment, until his eyes adjusted. When he could see again Kirok was back in his true form, the huge sweeping wings buffeting wind around the demigod.

Before he knew what happened, Hercules could feel the rage, and the heat singeing the hair on his arms and he backed off reflexively. In a blinding explosion of power and flame Janus became fire. The demi god wondering if perhaps he was superfluous to requirements. He realized this elemental could cope with Ares all on his own.

At last Jason summoned his own power and became, for the first time in the demigod's sight, his true form. Hercules stared at the being. He had always thought that Jason would be a spiritual version of a mountain, but this light, airy, delicate creature with tendrils of tiny vines wrapped him, the face a thing of living, writhing greenery, was unexpected.

He noticed streaks of silver, gold and black in the beings skin, running over him like veins of precious metal. His aura, having always been blue, now became all the colors of the rainbow, flickering around him like the Aurora Borealis that Hercules had seen in his travels to the land of the Vikings.

Iolaus patted Hercules on the arm. "Come on. Let's go. You free Cupid. We’ll do the rest."

"Aren’t you changing?" Hercules asked.

Iolaus smiled slightly and shook his head. "That’s the problem being water. That body isn’t designed to stay in the air for more than an hour. I’ll change when the time comes. That's what's killing Klas. Ares is using Arges to keep him in his true body, and he can’t take it." His face-hardened. "Being raped isn't exactly helping either. Ares is gonna pay for this, Herc... whether he's your brother or not."

Hercules was faced with the image of a fish, helpless on a hook and flopping uselessly around, its mouth working desperately for life-giving water. He doubted he would ever go fishing again after this.

"I understand," he said quietly.

***

Ares laughed.

Cupid shuddered and resisted the urge to struggle. He desperately wanted to help the spirit, but the pain in his back and shoulders was stopping him from even moving too much. He could only watch helplessly, as Ares took the elemental again and again, violently, uncaring of the silent agony the dying elemental was going through.

He watched, as the smooth flowing form seem to harden before his very eyes under Ares abuse. At least, in this form Klas couldn’t scream. Ares wouldn’t get the satisfaction of hearing the pain he was causing. But Cupid knew he could feel it - feel every pull, every thrust, every tear, and he cried.

Ares rammed his cock a final time inside Klas, releasing another load of come into him. He hardly noticed as the green light around Klas got brighter and brighter, then with an explosion born of desperation, the chains capturing the small spirit fell away, melting into nothing.

"Fuck!" Ares reeled backwards in alarm as Klas desperately struggled away from him. He fell to the floor and rolled over, attempting to get to his feet.

The amorphous wings beat weakly not built for flying in air, but Klas managed to propel himself forward and away from the stone. As he got further away from it, he changed slowly back to his human form, and collapsed in a corner, lungs straining for air, body heaving, his long hair covering his nakedness.

Ares recovered from the spirits unexpected escape, and went after the now totally human being, grabbed him by the hair and pulled him to his feet. "Even better. I can watch you bleed and scream!" He rasped out.

"Fuck you!" Came the low breathy gasp, filled with abhorrence.

"No! I’m going to fuck you!" Ares spat back. He threw the elemental across the room, and Klas landed with a crash against the wall. He sat up dizzily, then raised his head, his eyes glinting jade with anger, blood trickling slowly down his face where it had connected with the stone.

Just then, the door detonated inwards, showering splinters of wood everywhere, and the three remaining members of the First and Last stood there, cloaked in their supreme energy.

Ares ran and grabbed the stone as a strong wind came gusting into the room, almost blasting him off his feet. He set it on the altar, and drew his sword, which hummed and glowed with power.

"Come and get it!" He whispered his voice loud in the silent room.

"Ares! Stop it!" Came Hercules' shout. The demigod burst into the room behind the three spirits, Iolaus followed closely behind him.

Iolaus stopped dead as he saw the stone, then his gaze went to Janus, who stood stock still, his own body flickering down to that weird half-human state he had used when he had killed the minotaur. His eyes were fixed on the stone, and he didn’t look as if he could move.

Cupid started to struggle, no longer caring about the pain in his body. He could see there was going to be murder done, and wanted to be out of there. He didn’t want to see the destruction any longer, didn’t know who was going to win - didn't want to know.

"Janus. Destroy the fucking stone!" Iolaus urged.

Ares slashed at the hunter, and Iolaus jumped away, looking desperately around for something to use as a weapon. Hercules went for his half brother and floored him with a punch. Ares landed on his back but jumped back up again, recovering quickly. He swung his huge sword once more at Hercules and Jason moved forward to protect the demigod, vines leaping from his body to capture the sword in mid arc, and fling it across the room out of reach.

Ares roared in anger and hit out at Jason, who flitted back then spread his hands, the myriad colors of his aura glowing brighter. The whole room started to tremble.

"No! Hercules yelled. "You’ll bring the whole place down."

Jason seemed to realize they wouldn’t have anywhere to go before the ceiling caved in on them, and stopped what he was doing. While he was distracted, Ares grabbed the stone from behind him and thrust it at the earth elemental. Jason flew backwards, and lay on the floor helpless, his power stolen from him.

Kirok was wiser. He didn’t attempt to approach the god, but lifted his glowing hands, calling a strong wind to him and hitting Ares with the full force of it. Ares clung onto a pillar and with supreme effort threw the stone, hitting Kirok full in the chest with it, and followed it up with a fireball.

Kirok crumpled, his whole body disappearing in flame. Iolaus immediately moved to help, changing form and directing his own power at Kirok. The flame died abruptly, leaving a blackened, mangled figure on the floor.

"Kirok!!!!" Cupid screamed. "Noooooooo! Please gods no! Don't leave me," The godling yelled; wrenching at the shackles that bound him. No longer held immobile by his pain wracked body. The being he loved more than anything was sure to be dead after that double dose of destruction. "Ares, you fucking bastard! " He screamed.

"No! You can’t kill them!" Hercules shouted at Ares, going for him. Ares spun to face his brother, laughing.

"I just did, and now I'm going to kill you!" He said, his voice gloating, and he met Hercules' charge with his own ferocious attack.

Cupid glanced over at Iolaus and Kirok. Iolaus was holding Kirok in his arms, a green light coming from his hands. Cupid could almost feel the healing light as the hunter deluged Kirok in his power, putting all he could into restoring him. He gasped in relief as he saw Kirok move feebly, then turned his attention to the seemingly hypnotized Janus.

The Argesian stone was on the floor in front of him, its power radiating outwards as it felt Janus' presence, bathing them all in crimson bane-fire. Cupid could feel himself getting weaker and he slumped in his chains. He saw the recently healed Kirok waver into his human form and shudder violently, twisting in Iolaus' arms. Iolaus, too, was caught up in his own agony, his scream raw and tortured. Behind him, as he turned to look, Jason did the same; the once verdant green of the fronded face looking like it was wilting and dying, like a flower without water.

"Janus!" Klas spoke at last. "Kill it! It's destroying us…destroying everything! You must kill it! Now!" He was crouched at the far end of the room, avoiding Arges’ slaying light.

"I can’t..." Janus moaned. He took a step towards the stone, holding his hand out to it, a look of longing on his face.

Cupid suddenly realized why this stone was so lethal to Janus, not because of its power, but because it was a part long missing from the fire elemental. Janus needed to be one with this stone like the gods needed man. His yearning to touch it was almost palpable. Once he held that stone everything would be lost. Once the joining was complete they would have omniscience, and nothing would be able to stop him from obliterating the world. The twin frenzy of his and the sentient rock in front of him would be the key that unlocked utter destruction.

The world had begun in fire, and Arges longed to have that blissful state back, the way it should be. All this came to Cupid in a flash of clarity. He yelled desperately at the only one who could help them.

"Klas! Don’t let him touch it. He’ll destroy everything!" He cried out in anguish.

Klas looked up at the straining love god and Cupid felt a brief mind-touch. Klas' green eyes widened in horror as he saw what Cupid had just realized. He got up, ran to the stone and picked it up, avoiding Janus' grab for it.

"Give it to me!" Janus growled, his eyes flaming wildly.

"No! It’s killing us!" Klas cried desperately. "Unmake it!"

"Give me the fucking thing!" Janus yelled, a blast of heat roiling across the room.

"I won’t let it end! You’ll obliterate humanity. I can’t let that happen." The little water elemental ducked again, as Janus leapt towards him. Iolaus stepped in between them and Janus crashed him into the wall. Cupid knew Klas wouldn't be able to stay out of Janus' reach for long.

Janus growled. "You can’t fucking stop me." the deep voice was filled with lethal intent.

"You know I can." Klas' ocean flecked eyes started to glow, but at the same time tears streamed from them, as he gazed at his uncaring lover. He looked down at the stone, then seemed to make a decision, placing the stone on the altar and stepping away from it, warding off Janus with a look. Janus seemed to see sense and stopped dead.

"I love you, Janus. I never wanted to hurt you before, but if you stop me, I’ll fucking drop you where you stand." Klas whispered and stretched out his hands, a blast of jade light shooting from them, right at Arges.

The green glow got brighter and brighter, overtaking the redness, sweeping it aside and pouring into Arges like a deluge of water. The stone began to pulse, the light flickering with petrifying evil. Klas poured all his power into the rock and a viscous buzzing started in the room, making the watching Cupid shake his head and feel dizzy. He could see Klas getting weaker, but hold firm, still flooding the stone with the light of his being, pushing as much of his essence as he could into it.

Janus suddenly realized what his lover was doing, the sacrifice he was going to make. "Klas... No!" he screamed. "You can’t do this!"

He took aim at Klas hoping to knock him away from the stone. But it was too late. The combination of Janus' blast and Klas' consumption of the stone, that was now overwhelmed with his substance, caused an implosion. The resulting blast of light forged throughout the cave, blinding everyone in its wake. Then there was total darkness, until their eyes adjusted.

Silence and then a loud, dreadful thud as Klas slowly collapsed to the floor. Janus ran to him and gathered the limp form up into his arms, tears streaming down his cheeks. He held the tiny man close to his chest for a long moment, then looked down at him, into the innocent, childlike face - and open, dead eyes.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!"

The cry that ripped through the labyrinth was filled with remorse, anger and such unspeakable pain, Cupid felt the universe itself had heard and was cowering in fear. Janus threw back his head and howled loud and long, screaming his grief to the world, then bowed his head over his dead lover, silent once more.

Even Ares seemed frozen in shock. Hercules had managed to best him, and now held him in a vicious arm lock.

Iolaus came to Cupid and undid the shackles, supporting him as he slipped to the floor, moaning in agony as muscles, long held in their unnatural position, protested violently.

The god of love felt gentle hands on his wings and blessed relief flooded his body. He looked up and saw Kirok squatted down by him, anguish and tears in those normally unfathomable obsidian eyes, yet healing him, in the midst of his sadness.

He felt strength return to him, and he stood, wanting to hold Kirok, bury his face in those impossibly long curls and weep, but Kirok went to Jason without a word, and started to work on him.

Cupid realized that the love he felt for the spirit was impossible and he regretfully let it go. Kirok belonged to Jason. The group needed to be more together than ever before right now. He couldn’t come between them, even if Kirok allowed it.

He felt Iolaus leave him and go to Janus, touching the kneeling elemental gently. Janus was rocking his lover slowly, overwhelmed with grief. Iolaus sat beside him, enfolding him in his arms. Janus lay his head on Iolaus' shoulder and started to sob quietly. The hunter looked down at Klas' body and tenderly stroked the tumbled amber hair.

Cupid didn’t know what to do. He finally went over to his uncle and faced him.

"Satisfied now?" he asked. "Was it all worth it, you cold hearted, fucking animal! Do you even realize what you’ve done?" Cupid grabbed him by the throat. "Did you get your petty revenge, war god?"

Ares just smiled. "You bet I did... the fool sacrificed himself, and it was sweeter than wine," he said. "Not only that, but his lover's blast helped to send him to wherever his kind go when they're dead." Ares started to laugh as Hercules' hands tightened on his arms and Ares grimaced in pain. Cupid was filled with an anger that he had rarely experienced before. He wound up and smacked the war god so hard; he flew back into Hercules' arms.

"You fucking bastard!" he screamed into Ares’ face, grabbing and tearing at his leather vest. "If Zeus hadn’t forbidden us, I’d kill you myself!" He spat into his face.

He felt hot hands on his shoulders, and turned. Janus stood there, his face emotionless, blue eyes glinting dangerously. Cupid shivered. This man may be the embodiment of fire, but the look in those eyes was colder than nitrogen.

"No, Janus. Don’t do it," Hercules warned, backing away, still holding the war god in his grasp.

"Shut up." Janus' voice was tight, controlled.

"You mustn’t kill him," Hercules argued. "Remember what Klas told you."

"I don’t care. He’s gone and nothing matters to me anymore…nothing, " Janus said coldly.

Cupid felt himself held by an invisible force as he started to move to stop Janus. Hercules, too, looked as if he was held still, helpless to aid his brother.

Kirok moved forward. "Do it, Janus. Avenge him." The normally light voice was filled with seething malice.

Cupid fought against the force that kept him unable to move and realized it was Kirok doing it. He whimpered, the only sound he could summon, as Janus advanced on the frozen Ares.

Gently, almost tenderly, Janus put a hand on Ares’ shoulder and pushed him into a kneeling position. The look in Ares’ eyes was awful to behold. The god knew what was about to happen to him and the knowledge was sending him into absolute terror.

Janus moved forward, shifting into his naked half-human form, the form that could kill a god....




PART 20: Succour Me

*Nononononono!*

Ares couldn’t move, trapped like a fly in amber. His only thought was the denial of what Janus in his fury and grief was about to do to him. He struggled futilely against Kirok's power, unable to speak a single word. All he could think of was what he had seen in his scrying mirror – Janus taking the minotaur into an ugly, flame filled death. He remembered the scream of agony, mixed with the final pleasure of the beast as the elemental had emptied molten fire-seed into it, and mingled with that sight, was the memory of what had gone before, Janus fucking the war god over his own altar, preparing to do the same thing to him, leaving scars of burning hatred down his thighs – scars that wouldn’t heal however much Ares tried.

Ares never gave up his struggle. His muscles ached and felt as if they were being pulled apart. He didn’t deserve to die this way. Janus had gone mad in his grief for the water spirit. He struggled in vain and watched, as Janus stood right in front of him, his long, thick cock almost in his face, bending to pry open his jaw. Ares tried to resist, but because of the force holding him, he was unable to.

"Kirok is going to release your head only," Janus whispered, his voice malevolent. "You’re going to suck my cock, and you’re going to make me come. If you bite me, you die. If you stop for a moment, you die. If you speak, you die." He smiled and stroked a finger down Ares’ cheek in an obscene parody of a lover's caress.

Kirok shut his eyes and suddenly Ares could move his head. The fear and terror he was feeling could not be hidden. Janus saw it there and his smile was wolfish as he grabbed Ares’ head in his hot hands, prolonging the moment, drawing him forward slowly.

"Of course... you know he's just going to kill you anyway," Iolaus said casually.

Unable to speak; thoughts raced through Ares mind. He remembered the burning - remembered the pain. The molten come flowing across his legs; and his heart raced. Janus thrust his cock forward and Ares obediently took the long length in his mouth. His eyes widened in terror as he felt hot drops of pre-cum on his tongue, hotter than any human essence had the right to be. It burned into his tongue and he almost vomited, forcing himself not to lose control.

Janus was completely silent as Ares worked him up to climax. The god was shaking and his forehead dripped with sweat. He heard a soft gasp, as the slight rocking movement of Janus' hips got faster. The elemental grabbed the god by the hair and started fucking his mouth cruelly, plunging his cock as far down Ares’ throat as he could, not letting up for an instant. Ares started gasping for breath and choking, as the immense cock filled his throat tearing and ripping the flesh.

Janus lifted his head, his eyes shut, his gold hair flowing back around his hips, his aura getting brighter. He let out a soft growl of pleasure, then another loud gasp as his cock swelled further in Ares’ throat.

Ares had seconds to live. Janus' orgasm was upon him. His heartbeat quickened as he could feel Janus' balls tighten. The engorged cock swelled again and became unbearably hot as he could feel the molten come start to flow toward release. He closed his eyes tightly.

"Open them!" Janus growled. "I want to see your fear when you die."

Ares forced his eyes open and Janus' weirdly gently fingers tilted his chin up, looking into his eyes.

"End it," Kirok said softly, his eyes glowing in glee.

"No. Stop." Jason moved forward and touched Janus. "It makes us worse than them, and it wasn’t what Klas wanted. You’ve scared him, and that’s enough."

Janus withdrew from Ares’ mouth a little, stopping his cruel thrusting as he heard Jason’s words. Ares gasped for air, realising he had a moments reprieve.

Iolaus came forward, holding Klas' limp body in his arms, as if he was feather-light. Janus' eyes touched his dead lover for a moment and his face grew sorrowful.

"Please…Jason's right. You can't let Klas' death be in vain. Remember his words. Ares can't die. If he does we’ll lose everything Klas believed in." Iolaus pled with Janus, hugging the dead elemental close, as if protecting him from the hate-filled vessel Janus had become.

Kirok finally came to his senses. "We can't become what they are!" he said in disgust. "I want vengeance, but this isn’t the way."

Janus abruptly moved into his human form, then let out a cry of pleasure, ramming his cock deep down Ares’ throat. Ares whimpered as he felt the throbbing of the cock in his mouth, expecting to feel unending pain and feel the flame within him, but the come that hit the back of his throat was warm and salty. Heart thumping with relief, Ares sucked voraciously, willing to give Janus the pleasure he sought, out of gratitude.

Janus withdrew his softening flesh from the god’s mouth and stepped back. Ares’ chest heaved as he choked, trying to gasp air into his lungs.

The men around him could suddenly move again. Hercules slumped to his knees as his tensed body was abruptly let go. Cupid, too, fell forward, catching himself with a flutter of his wings.

When the god could concentrate once more, he saw Janus, now clothed in his tight black leather, stood hands on hips, regarding him with scorn. The war god had not been released, and still knelt in front of the spirit.

"You aren’t going to come after us again, are you?" Janus asked quietly.

Ares just shook his head. The god of war was no fool. He knew he was defeated for now, so he acquiesced, knowing full well they would one day meet again.

Janus nodded and looked at Kirok, who released the god. Ares climbed to his feet, trying to retain some of his dignity.

"You have your second chance, war god. You better leave while you still can," Jason said, his voice cold as stone.

Ares needed no second bidding. With a flash of light he disappeared.

***

All was silent.

Kirok and Jason went to Janus and hugged him tightly. Hercules watched them for a moment, then went to Iolaus, and held him in his arms, feeling a sense of loss and sorrow. "I’m going to lose you, aren’t I?" he whispered.

"No, Herc. You’re not," Iolaus said, not lifting his gaze from Klas' peaceful face. He sighed and carefully lay his friend down on the altar, caressing soft, pale skin and running fingers through his hair.

"But... you’re joined to Janus... Klas is dead... he needs you."

Iolaus looked up and stroked Hercules' cheek. "Don’t worry. We’ll always be together, whatever happens." He smiled for a fleeting moment, and then his face went serious and sad. "We have to see to Klas now."

Hercules was joined by Cupid as they watched the three remaining elementals go to Klas' body and lift him up between them, raising his small form onto their shoulders. Klas lay, suspended between them, his arms outstretched and limp, hair cascading almost to the floor – a sacrifice to the worlds continuance.

They walked back, out of the labyrinth with their sad burden; Hercules, Iolaus and Cupid following behind.

At last they reached the exit, and walked down to the beach. Once at the water’s edge, they lay the little water spirit down. Janus knelt and smoothed the wild waves and curls of amber hair away from his childlike face, and shut the dead eyes.

"From water you came. To water you return," Kirok said quietly. "You are what should have been, The Last."

"The fist is opened," Janus said, his deep voice breaking slightly. "And it’ll never be closed again without you. I love you, Klas. I never told you, but I now realise with your sacrifice, that you knew all along. I will always love you."

Jason bent down and stroked a finger over stilled lips. "I’ll miss you," he said simply.

Hercules looked down at Iolaus who was stood, head bowed, tears dripping from his eyes. "We had some fun, and I felt I knew you more completely than anyone else, even Herc," Iolaus whispered so quietly that the demigod barely heard him. He put an arm around the hunter’s shoulders and squeezed him close. Iolaus looked up at him and gave a wan smile.

"It’s true," he said. "I’m sorry... it’s just... for a while... we..."

"I know," Hercules reassured, placing a finger over Iolaus' lips. "I don’t mind."

The spirits raised their arms, the colours of their auras criss-crossing over Klas' body, wreathing him in power. His body changed from the small, pretty human, back to his proper form - the iridescent being with the huge manta wings - then they took him to the water. Janus remained on the shore as Kirok and Jason, still holding Klas, waded into the ocean and lay him down. The moment Klas' body touched the sea, he dissolved into sparkling droplets of water that glistened over the surface dancing in the blood red sunset, then there was stillness, as if he had never been.

Janus lifted his head, facing the setting sun, looking into its heart, his tears drying slowly on his cheeks. He opened his mouth and began to sing, his voice deep as night, husky and warm, filled with velvet and silk. Hercules, at last felt his own tears come as he listened to the strong, passionate voice. Janus sang his lament, his voice echoing out over the weeping sea.

Sink into me.
Feel my love surround you,
The heat of healing fire
and velvet depths.
Need me
and pull me in.
Let my arms enclose you,
My eyes dissolve you
into melting flesh.
Let my desire bring your want
to yearning, bleeding heights.
Kiss my trembling tears
and succour me.
Sink into me.
Feel your love inside me.
The warmth of waning fire
and deluged intensity.
Love me
and draw me in.
Let my heart encompass all,
my eyes disperse your
humid flesh.
Let my desire sate your want
to peaceful tranquil extent.
Kiss my trembling soul
and succour me.


Janus let his voice fade away and stood with head bowed for a moment, and then he wiped his forearm across his face and turned away from the ocean. "Let’s find shelter for the night," he said quietly.



PART 21: Resolution

"So close, no matter how far.
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are,
And nothing else matters"
(Metallica - Nothing Else Matters)


The night was closing in fast. By silent, mutual consent the group of men decided to camp overnight in a sheltered area.

The three remaining elementals sat down, Janus apart from the others, Kirok and Jason pressed close to each other, their hands intertwined, seeking comfort in their link. None of them spoke. Iolaus seemed loathe to break the grief stricken silence and went to gather some wood for a fire. Cupid didn't want to leave just yet, so he sat down near his uncle and stared at Kirok and Jason, looking sad and as if his heart was breaking.

Hercules had picked up their packs from the entrance to the labyrinth, and rummaged about inside, finding the cooking pot and some ingredients for something to eat.

"I think I'll go fish." He said, almost to himself, getting the hooks and twine out of the little pack.

He felt Janus' hot hand on his arm and looked up into heated eyes. "No. No fish." Janus said softly. Hercules frowned, not understanding.

"Klas never ate sea creatures. He was their friend." Janus explained shortly, then leaned back and retreated once more into his sorrowing trance.

Hercules put the hooks away, just as Iolaus came back carrying an armful of wood. The hunter squatted down and began to arrange the sticks.

"I guess I'll go hunting." Hercules said quietly. "Janus doesn't want to eat fish. I can't say I blame him."

"Uh, Kirok doesn't eat meat and Jason doesn't need to eat. He gets all the nourishment he needs from the sun." Iolaus whispered.

Hercules sighed. "Vegetable stew it is then."

"I'm not very hungry." Iolaus said.

Hercules blew out his breath. "Guess I'm not either and the others don't look like they'll eat. Just build up the fire."

He watched Iolaus do as he was told, searching for the flint in the bag, looking cross when he wasn't able to find it. He swore a few times, then fell back on his ass in surprise, as the fire 'whummphed' into flame. Hercules fought the urge to smile as the hunter looked round and saw Janus holding out a still blazing finger.

"Uh... thanks." He stuttered.

Janus said nothing, just got up and walked down to the beach. Iolaus followed the shadowy figure with sad eyes, as the spirit stood gazing out at the blackened ocean, the wind ruffling his gold hair around his face.

Hercules suddenly remembered that Janus and water didn't mix and that the elemental was far too close for his own good.

"Iolaus, I think you need to go and talk to Janus. He's a bit too close to that water for my liking and you two are still joined. I get the feeling you have some stuff to deal with. "

Iolaus looked at his partner with raised eyebrows. "Are you sure?"

Hercules paused, then nodded. "Go on. I know he and I had our differences, but I don't like seeing him this way. You need to help him through this...and I guess I'm grateful to him for not killing Ares. Take all the time you need."

Iolaus nodded and kissed Hercules lightly on the cheek, then got up and approached the mourning spirit.

Hercules watched as Iolaus put his arms around Janus, talking to him quietly, then took him by the hand and led him out of the demigod's sight.


***************

*I love you, and I can't speak the words. I need you, and you belong to another. I need to know how you can stay with him after what we shared? Can you live without the pleasure we discovered together? Oh Kirok... Will I never touch your body again? Never hear you cry out in release? I just want to caress you! How I need you.... need to feel you around me and in me. I need to hold you and hear you tell me you'll be mine*

Cupid stared at Kirok and Jason, willing the spirit to look at him, wanting to see obsidian eyes light up with love. He'd tried to let go, tried so fucking hard, seeing how much these men needed each other, but the longer he lingered in Kirok's company, the more he needed one last touch - a final word.

But Kirok sat silently, his head resting lightly on Jason's shoulder, eyes staring into the distance. Once, Cupid saw the bright sparkle of a tear drop onto his olive skinned hand. He didn't move to wipe it away, but it seemed Jason felt his sorrow and held him close, absently stroking the wonderful mass of curls, lost in his own grief.

*It should be me doing that,* Cupid cried silently. *Here I am, the god of love, ensnared in my own web. How can I leave you alone? How can I live without your kiss?*

Kirok lifted his head and looked, unblinking at the god. *Let go, Cupid. We want no more to do with the gods. Ares' actions have destroyed any connection you and I might have had.*

Cupid heard the cold words in his mind and he bowed his head. *I'm sorry. I tried to help him. I really tried, but I was held by Hephaestus' chains. I would have saved him if I could. I would have got him out of there.*

The frigid gaze softened. *I know. I felt your pain. Give up these feelings you have for me. I can't be yours. We aren't of the same kind.*

*I'd give it all up for you,* Cupid whispered.

*Would you? Would you really give up your god-hood to be with me?*

*You know I would. Look into my heart.*

Cupid felt a soft touch, light as feathered wings, on his chest.

*I believe you. However, to be with me you would have to become spirit...Pneyma. Could you bear that?*

"Anything....." Cupid whispered aloud, and felt Hercules' startled eyes on him, having been unaware of Cupid and Kirok's exchange.

Kirok rose smoothly to his feet and walked over to Cupid, kneeling down in front of him. "Let me show you. Let me show you the hidden half of me," he said quietly. "This is what you would become."

Cupid held his breath as Kirok placed a hand on his chest, then he jerked backwards, falling into a silent scream of overwhelming trauma as images ripped through his mind.

Terrible beauty. Terrible evil. All the sin and goodness of mans spirit enclosed into one. Utter hatred, blood, thirst, need. Complete darkness. Blinding light, falling, rising, and through it all a body that was ever changing, all powerful, repulsive to behold, yet perfect beyond imagination.

"Stop!"

Cupid dimly heard Hercules' voice, then strong hands holding him up and supporting him, pushing Kirok's burning touch from his skin. He came abruptly to himself, aware of tears streaming down his cheeks and his harsh, sobbing breath as he struggled to come to terms with what Kirok hid, walled within the beauty that was air.

He fought his way upright, letting the demigod hug him close, not knowing what had happened between the god and the spirit, but willing to help, as always.

"What did you do to him?" Hercules demanded.

Kirok's face was emotionless, and suddenly, without seeming to move, he was back at Jason's side, leaning, once more, on his shoulder as if he hadn't shifted from his position.

"I merely showed him what I am, and what he would become if he joined with us," he said, quietly, his voice holding a note of regret.

Cupid had no thought of using his powers, he just got up, ran to the nearest tide pool and vomited until he was aching all over. He'd never been sick before, but this time he needed to get rid of the revulsion, reject the unclean feeling within his soul.

Behind him he heard Kirok's quiet, whispering voice. He had thought Janus was evil, but the cold, malignant hiss of laughter that mocked him, made him shudder and want to throw up again.

*You could never be one of us, Cupid. LET GO!*

Cupid bowed his head and wept.

**********

Janus didn't react as Iolaus came up behind him. Iolaus stroked Janus' arm gently, then put his arms around his waist, holding him tightly and resting his head on his chest. Janus tensed for a moment then gradually his hand came up and the hunter felt him stroke his hair.

He looked up into the cold, sad eyes. "We have to talk," he said.

Janus nodded. "Yeah... I've been putting it off. We might as get it over with."

Iolaus put his smaller hand in the callused, larger one. "Come on." He led Janus away from the shore.

They found a hollow in the sandy dunes that surrounded the beach, out of the gentle wind and deep enough to conceal them from any casual onlooker. Iolaus sat down and after a brief hesitation, Janus lowered himself down beside him. They sat in silence for a while, Iolaus not knowing how to start. Janus seemed too wrapped up in his own misery to remember that the hunter was even there.

"Stay with me?" Janus whispered, at last.

Iolaus sighed. "I can't. Not forever. I love Herc. Are you going to break the promise you made me?""

Janus shrugged. "He won't live forever, and I'll die without you beside me."

"I know. I'll stay as long as I can until you can find someone else, but...you always told me I could go back to being myself again. I can't spend my life with you. I need more equality in a relationship, and you're too selfish."

Janus shook his head. "No. You're right. I guess Klas told you it's not easy being the lover of a fire elemental. It's my nature to take and not give. It's what I am."

Iolaus just nodded. "I understand. But you'll have to find someone else someone who can give you what you need. I can't do it."

There was another long silence.

"How did the other die?" Iolaus asked at last, wanting to make Janus talk and not think anymore. "You know, I don't even know what his name was."

"It was before we were corporeal. He didn't even have a name. Mostly he's just referred to as Pneyma, occasionally as Id." Janus bowed his head. "We were never too sure what happened. It was an accident. Kirok was in his long sleep and awoke to find himself housing his spirit. We decided that we should give ourselves bodies... protect each other, learn the ways of man. Sometimes I think it was a bad move. If we'd stayed as we were, Klas would still be with me."

Iolaus didn't know what to say. He remembered the first time he met Janus, stopping a fight between the elemental and some hooligans in Corinth. At the time he'd thought he was a charismatic trouble maker. How could he know that these four men would change his thinking so completely? They were evil, yet good, aloof, but caring, apart from man, but a part of them.

Thinking this, he remembered what Kirok had told him about the gods. They had been an accident, usurping the elementals powers over the world, yet they didn't interfere, didn't seek revenge... at least until now.

"Thanks for not killing Ares." He said quietly.

Janus just shrugged. "It's not over between us, but I won't kill him. You were right. Klas wouldn't have wanted it. He knew the future and it was important to him."

Yet more silence.

"I want you." Janus said, so quietly over the sighing sound of the sea, that Iolaus nearly didn't hear him He looked up and saw those impossibly blue eyes looking into his own. He stroked the red-gold facial hair and then ran his fingers through the long waves that cascaded down around Janus' hips.

"I want us to make love, Janus, slow and gentle." He whispered. "I want to take you, penetrate you, let you know what it can be like... then perhaps.... you'll be able to give, as well as take."

Janus shut his eyes for a moment, then nodded. Iolaus pushed the man down to the sand and gently kissed him. He felt Janus' soft tongue in his mouth and the slight trembling of his body as the elemental fought against his nature to take and consume.

They kissed for what seemed like hours, getting to know each other's taste, as if for the first time. Iolaus had never known Janus to be so tractable, so loving, willing to hold on and deny the need within him, but soon the elemental could stand it no longer and pushed Iolaus down to the sand. Iolaus prepared to be taken in the rough, animalistic way Janus used, but instead, Janus continued his slow kissing and tormenting.

He started to undress Iolaus slowly, kissing every tiny part of naked flesh he exposed. Iolaus' breathing was heavy and he made tiny gasps and moans as Janus kissed, caressed, licked and sucked him all over. Finally he was naked and Janus moved back to admire his body. >{? "You look fucking great," he said, a hand reaching out and very gently stroking Iolaus' almost ready to explode cock. Iolaus groaned, and pulled Janus close to him, kissing him hard once more. He started to undress Janus, doing to the tall man what Janus had done to him, exploring every inch of his body slowly with his tongue and fingers, feeling his need but ignoring it.

The sensations got too much for him, at last, and he licked his way slowly down the light covering of blond hair on Janus' chest and down to his navel. He followed the trail of slightly darker pubic hair to his erect cock, breathing in the musk and clean-sweat smell of his lover. The taste of Janus' soft smooth skin and the roughness of his nether hair tickling his cheek was sending him wild with lust. He couldn't wait to take the yearning, thick cock in his mouth and suck on him.

He first licked up and down the shaft, loving the satin-smooth hardness pulsing beneath his tongue then took the head in his mouth, just sucking at the very end, running his tongue over the contours, tasting the salt of Janus' excitement. Janus let out a sigh, and his fingers caught up in the sand, making fists, hardly able to control himself.

Iolaus could feel the vibration of Janus' deep throaty moans, trying to master the need to roll Iolaus over and fuck him. It seemed it was all he could do to stop his body from convulsing and releasing his seed into Iolaus' willing mouth. Iolaus could feel the quivering of his lover's body under his own and lifted his head to gaze at Janus. Janus had his eyes shut, his body glistening with the effort of not losing control. His hair fanned out in a wild mane over the soft, matching golden sand, and he tossed his head as Iolaus gently moved his left hand on Janus' cock, his right hand stroking at his balls.

"Oh, fuck yeah!" Janus moaned. "I need you, Iolaus. Please!"

Iolaus went back down to continue sucking and licking Janus up to orgasm. Janus thrust his hips upward, wanting more and harder. The hunter began to work his hands and mouth on Janus, letting the movement of Janus' hips dictate how hard and fast he sucked. He felt Janus' hands stroke his head, and push down slightly, wanting Iolaus to enclose him completely in his mouth, but that was beyond Iolaus. Janus' was far too big to be taken wholly. He squeezed Janus' balls and felt the sudden swelling of his cock in his mouth, aware of the rising heat of Janus' body as he fought his powers. But Iolaus wasn't afraid. He trusted the fire elemental utterly, knew the elemental would never harm him -at least, not on purpose.

"Oh, shit. I'm gonna come. Oh fuck, oh fuck! Oh FUCK!" Janus let out a loud, gasping cry and Iolaus felt the hot spurting of his lover's seed in his mouth. He swallowed the majority of it, then let the rest dribble down over Janus' balls and in between his legs. The hunter really wanted to fuck him, and wanted him wet and ready for his cock. He went back up to kiss Janus, his hand staying down, stroking between his legs, and into the crevice of Janus' smooth ass.

Janus felt the touch of Iolaus fingers at his tight hole and tensed. Iolaus kissed him soothingly. "Just relax." He crooned quietly. "I'm not going to hurt you and I know it's new for you."

Janus opened his eyes and looked at Iolaus, his blue eyes trusting. "Do it," he whispered, then kissed Iolaus, his breath coming in short tight gasps.

Iolaus carefully worked two fingers inside the elemental and asked him if that was ok. Janus nodded, then he moaned as Iolaus started to move his fingers in and out, making him moist with his own come. Iolaus started to lick and bite at his earlobes and neck, listening to the sounds of Janus' pleasure, the need for the spirit's body overwhelming him. He no longer wanted to be gentle, but knew he would have to be if he wanted Janus to go along with this.

He finally got Janus ready and relaxed and knew now was the time to try. He moved on top of Janus, and pushed his legs up a little so he could gain entrance, and very gently started to enter him. Janus trembled, but made no complaint. Iolaus could feel his muscles clenching in anticipation, and soothed him, again telling him to relax and he would try not to hurt.

Finally he was all the way inside Janus' body and just lay there as they both got used to the sensation. Iolaus had never felt anything so tight around his cock before and the feeling was making him crazy. He badly wanted to just pump his way to a shattering climax, but knew he had to be patient. If he hurt the fire spirit, he might just get angry enough to lose his tenuous control on his powers and consume the hunter, as he had killed the minotaur.

Iolaus found that idea frightening, he was dicing with death an incinerating agonising death. This time it would be a death from which there would be no return, and this excited him.

Janus lay beneath Iolaus, his eyes closed, his skin glowing with a sheen of sweat. Iolaus looked down at the spirit and brushed away some of the golden hair, kissing him once more, whispering that he was going to fuck him. Janus just nodded, and his body moved upwards, the need within him becoming too urgent to deny.

Finally Iolaus could bear it no longer and supporting himself on his arms, started to move in and out of Janus' ass, trying not to go too hard or too fast. His hard, muscled stomach rubbed against Janus' cock and balls, making a wonderful friction that started to arouse Janus once more, especially as Iolaus began to move deeper, hitting Janus' prostate with the head of his cock. Janus tremored beneath him and cried out, demanding more, bucking his hips upwards and spreading his legs wider.

Iolaus let out a groan of pleasure, and whispered Janus' name in his ear. Janus kissed him, telling him he wanted to feel Iolaus come inside him. His words excited Iolaus more and he gave one last long hard thrust, climaxing so hard inside Janus, he thought his heart would stop.

Janus' gasps and moans mixed with his own and Iolaus became aware of Janus coming again, over their stomachs, the thick liquid spreading, as their bodies slid over one another's, melding them together. At last they were sated and they lay still for a while, getting their breath back, Iolaus still impaled inside his fiery lover.

Iolaus raised himself back up on his arms and looked at Janus' closed eyes and sweaty face. "Was that good?" He asked.

Janus hugged him close, and Iolaus felt him nod into his neck. "Thanks," came the elemental's deep voice, vibrating into his skin and making the hunter's whole body throb with renewed desire.

Over and over that night, they made love, unrestrained by human limitations; knowing that even if the two remained joined, they could never spend forever together. Iolaus' link to Hercules was too strong; It would always be there between them. They knew and accepted this and relished their remaining time together.

This time they spent together consumed the hunter and the elemental. For that last night, they were truly one, and nothing else mattered.



Part 22: Completion

Morning came early and the small party awoke to the sounds of the beach gently breaking on the shore. Hercules was the first to awake and looking around, realised that Iolaus and Janus never returned to camp last night. Cupid, too, was absent. He started to get up and go look for them when he saw Janus and Iolaus walking toward the group.

He wondered where Cupid was, and headed off to where he had last seen the love god. He finally found him curled up by a rock pool, his eyes open, just staring ahead.

"We’re going now," the demigod said quietly.

Cupid looked up at his uncle. "Are they really that evil?" he asked plaintively.

Hercules thought about this. Yes, the elementals had huge capacity for evil... seeing Janus kill the minotaur and nearly murder Ares, had shown him that, but also there was the sacrifice Klas had made for the world, The fact that these hugely powerful spirits, unlike the gods, refused to interfere in human affairs. Hercules liked that.

"No. No they aren’t evil," he said at last, touching Cupid’s warm shoulder. "Just beyond our understanding."

Cupid stared into the demigod’s eyes for a long time, then he sighed and got up. "I guess you’re right," he said. "Kirok was trying to show me that. He knew there was no way he and I could be together, and he had to stop it before it went too far."

Hercules put his arm lightly around the god of love’s shoulder. "Just cherish the memory," he said, and they walked back to the camp.

Silently, the rest of the party came together and they continued on to where they had left the ship.

"Um... I hate to ask, but how are we going to get off the island without the ship?" Hercules sounded concerned.

Just then they rounded the rocks where the ship had been placed. It was still there, shining in the sunlight, the cerulean and jade colours more vibrant than before.

Janus turned and looked at Iolaus. "Is this your doing?" He asked.

"I wouldn't know where to start," Iolaus replied, just as puzzled.

"What's going on?" asked Cupid. "It's a fucking ship... what's the problem?" The love god seemed to be regaining his usual casual attitude.

"When Klas died, the ship should have died too. It was a part of him," Iolaus whispered.

"Well, I'm outta here. You can have your ship," Cupid said. "I'd better go to Olympus and tell the others not to touch these guys with a single finger."

Hercules was still holding Cupid's arm. "Thanks for your help, nephew," he said pulling him into a warm embrace.

Cupid's eyes turned toward the air spirit and he sighed. Kirok seemed to feel his gaze and turned. The beautiful, enigmatic face smiled slightly and Cupid shuddered in Hercules' arms.

The god of love nodded, as if to himself. "Not a single finger," he muttered again, and with a flash of light, was gone.

Just then a figure rose from the ocean, the wings sweeping water in a wave across the men. Janus looked directly into the blinding lightof the sun, unaffected by it, and walked suspiciously forward. The familiar form floated out of the water, to stand in front of him, its amorphous wings fluttering gently in the fresh breeze from the sea. The brilliant sunlight glared in the eyes of the others and made it difficult to see any details. Kirok and Jason were staring in amazement while Hercules looked questioningly at Iolaus.

"Klas?" Janus whispered. Hercules could see the fire elemental shaking with need and excitement.

The figure morphed into its human form and the collected humans and elementals gaped in disbelief.

The stranger looked very like Klas, the huge eyes and childlike features were the same, but instead of tawny and blond streaked hair, the riotous hip-length waves were almost as gold as Janus' own. In fact they were the exact same colour of Iolaus' hair.

"I'm Kalios," came the light, accented voice, then they were all treated to an achingly familiar impish grin. The ocean-flecked eyes fell on Iolaus, and Kalios bowed slightly .

"Greetings... father." The elemental extended his arms to Iolaus and embraced him.

"Father," Iolaus whispered, smiling broadly as he hugged the beloved form tightly. The hunter pulled back and looked into the eyes that were so much like Klas'. He seemed to have no idea what was going on, but knowing the strange powers of the elemental's, accepted that this bright-haired double of the dead water spirit was his son.

Suddenly Janus started to laugh. He took the water spirit by the arms and kissed him hard, embracing him, his body shaking with joy. He couldn't hold back his emotions any longer and tears flowed down his cheeks. He was still grinning as he pulled the elemental even closer, touching him, nuzzling his neck, his hands roaming over intimately known skin, seeking to discover his lover once more. The joy and ecstasy that radiated from him made the demigod smile.

The newcomer threw his arms around Janus and his body seemed to melt against the tall man, his eyes glowing with desire. "I'm yours. We are one," Kalios purred into Janus' chest, and Janus sobbed aloud, whispering his name.

The water spirit smiled up at the overjoyed fire spirit and kissed him again. "I need you," he said, his voice seductive. "Now and for all time."

Janus growled in his throat, picked Kalios up and carried him toward the ship, fully intent on making the spirit his, forever.

"So that's why he did it," Jason smiled, grabbing Kirok in his arms and dancing him round until Kirok's serious face broke into giggles.

"To think we were so angry with him. I guess Klas could always see the future." Kirok said, grinning wider than Hercules had ever seen him. He hugged his own partner close, and the two elementals, still laughing and joking, moved aboard the ship.

Hercules regarded them speculatively. Those two may not be lovers now, but he had a feeling Kirok would soon show Jason what he had learned.

He came out of his thoughts and found Iolaus looking at him, his blue eyes dazed, but at the same time exalting.

"Father?" he asked, his face more confused and puzzled than Hercules had ever seen him.

Hercules grinned, the things that had been said while they had been at Naxos falling into place. He shook his head, still smiling, and took Iolaus by the hand, kissing him lightly on the lips.

"Congratulations, Iolaus. You sired a water spirit on Klas while you were joined with him. I guess that guy had hidden talents."

The proud and bewildered look on Iolaus' face kept Hercules laughing all the way to the ship.



The End

....or is it?