Title:Faith and Mistrust (aka OWT5)

Authoress:The Huntress

Series: Part 5 of the One Way Ticket arc

Rated:NC17...M/F, M/M, N/C, V

Disclaimer: Want 'em...Don't got 'em...It's a shame.

 

Faith and Mistrust

by The Huntress

 

Prologue:

Chicago, 1978

Karen was walking the street, smiling at the men who stopped in the cars, hoping that tonight she'd get lucky and find some guy who'd keep her for the night. She'd rather risk a beating from Eddie then have to walk the streets for the rest of tonight. It had to be about forty degrees out, and being dressed in a skirt three sizes too small didn't help. A car stopped and she saw two men in it, one blonde and one with darker hair, staring at her. She walked over.

"Hi guys," she said, trying to sound seductive. Not too easy when you're only sixteen. "Seventy-five for an hour, two hundred for the night," she lied.

'I hope they take me up on it,' Karen thought. 'It is fucking cold out.'

"You got it," the blonde said. He opened the back door and she got in. As soon as she closed the door, he handed her a blanket. "Cold out huh," he said with a smile.

"Yeah it is," she said, smiling back.

They drove for a while, and they reached a massive estate, with a gated entrance.

"Why are we going here?" she asked, a little nervous. Men who lived in places like this didn't pick up women like *her*. They got high-priced ones.

"It's okay," said the darker haired man, opening the door for her.

They went inside and she just stared at the size of the place. "Wow. How many people live here?"

"A few of us," said the blonde.

"Cool...commune living," Karen said. "Can I look around or do you want to get down to business?"

"We have some things to take care of. Look around if you like."

"Thanks," she answered. Karen watched the man leave and she wandered into another room. "WOW!" There were swords and other weapons, and alot of antiques, but what caught her eye was a sword mounted on the wall. She took it down and parried with it. It was magnificent. She turned, sword in hand, and nearly stabbed the blonde. "I'm sorry!" she shouted and dropped the sword.

"It's okay," he said, picking it up. "Beautiful work isn't it?"

"It's the sword of Iolaus, Hercules' nephew," she stated. "They say he got it from Hercules and his brother, Ares, the God of War."

He eyed her strangely. "How did you know that?" He asked.

"My Gran. She taught me all kinds of stuff about the Greeks. Says it's important. I don't know why. I saw an etching of it in a book once. Where'd ya get it? I didn't think it really existed. That it was a myth like him."

He laughed. "Not a myth. Just an old story. Do you know it?"

"Yeah. The story goes that Hercules and Ares were badly hurt, and Iolaus took care of them and they made Iolaus the sword as a thank you. Gran says that the mythology books are wrong about some stuff. She says that Hercules only had one wife and she died by Hera's hand. Not like the books." She blushed.

"What?" He asked.

"Gran said that Hercules, after his wife died, had a guy for a lover. That's silly. If he existed...I mean he was a hero...a tough guy. Men like that don't fuck other men. She also said that he had a mistress too. Yeah right...Hercules having two lovers." She looked at him and giggled when she saw him blushing. But she didn't ask why.

"You have a home?" He asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah, in New York. I wish I could go back. But I don't have any funds." She gave him a small smile, then stared at her feet.

"What about your Gran?"

Karen shrugged. "I can't call her. Doesn't matter anyway. She has no money to give me to leave Chicago."

"I got a friend that works for United. I bet I can get you on the next flight out." He smiled again.

"Why would you do that?" She asked.

"Because I've been there...on the street...having to do what you do. Look, if you want to go, just tell me. I'll set it up."

"You'd really do that?" Her eyes were welling with tears.

"Yeah, I would."

Karen fell into his arms, the tears falling, and he held her. It felt so right, his arms around her. She leaned up and kissed him, and he kissed her back, then suddenly pushed her away. "I can't," he said, with a sad smile. "Don't ask me why. I just want to help you get home."

She nodded and let him lead her to a room where she slept better then she had in quite some time.

She awoke early, hearing an argument downstairs. Quietly moving to the staircase, she saw a different man arguing with a blonde woman. The woman looked familiar, but Karen couldn't place her. Instead she listened.

"You shouldn't have interfered," the woman said. "She would have been fine. Now things will change."

"No they won't," the man said. He pointed to another room. "See...nothing changed. She's still here, with us, just like she's always been. I just thought it would be best to get..." he pointed upstairs, "...*her* out of here and back to where she belongs. She still has alot to learn if she's going to survive. She's only got three years left before she'll be alone."

"She'll never be alone," said the woman. "'Sweetcheeks' won't let that happen. But you do need to keep him away from her. I promised Jenny nothing would interfere with her future. Or her past."

The man nodded and held her close, but Karen noticed it was more of a brother/sister type of hug. She had thought them lovers. And why had the woman mentioned her Gran's name? She shrugged, feeling sleepy again, and wandered back to bed. She was quickly asleep, the dark God standing next to her, burying the memories deep in her mind.

In the morning the two men took her to the airport and put her on a flight. Before she got on she turned and hugged them both. "I don't know how to thank you. You gave me back my...it sounds hokey...my faith in people."

They both smiled, especially the blonde. "Just remember," he said. "Faith is hard to come by. One day you may have to make a choice. Just follow your heart and you'll be fine."

"I'll remember that," she said, and boarded the plane.

The dark haired man turned to the blonde. "You did good buddy. A little bit much on the mushy stuff...but you did good."

"I know," the blonde said.

They got out to the car and a woman was waiting for them. When the car doors were opened she pulled the blonde into the back seat. "I never got to thank you lover," she said, kissing him hard.

"That's what heroes do," he answered, kissing her back.

~*~*~

Two Millenia Earlier....

Karen awoke with a start. She looked at the blonde next to her and remembered.

"Iolaus...Iolaus wake up." Karen started to poke him and he slowly opened his eyes.

"Lunchtime already?" He asked.

"No."

"Then I'm going back to sleep," he said, turning over and pulling the pillow over his head.

"But Iolaus...you...never mind." Her dream was fading, and Iolaus shifted, pulling her close to him, holding her tight.

"Go back to sleep," he murmured, kissing her neck.

The dream was forgotten as she fell asleep again, feeling his body warm against hers.

 

Part 1

 

The woman sat in the ward, hair disheveled, eyes wild.

No one paid attention when she mumbled to herself. No one gave a second thought when the mumbling became conversations with the air. No one gave a damn about the inmates in the asylum.

No one noticed when the woman who claimed to be from the future vanished, taken by the black-winged God of War.

~*~*

"Did ya get it?" Iolaus asked, jumping up and down like a little kid. They were standing in the barn, hiding from Karen, and the surprise they got her.

"I got it Iolaus," Herc answered. "I hope its the right size though. She's hard to fit. Besides she always wears pants."

"But Herc, when we got back from the other place, she was in a dress. She said Sovereign made her wear it, and that she could get used to them. And it'll fit. I brought the other dress into Daria, so she could make the new one in the same size. By the way, are you *sure* it's her birthday?"

Hercules smiled. "I'm never wrong Iolaus...half-god thing remember. Anyway, Sharyn gave me a calendar from their time and showed me how to keep track of dates. It's her birthday tomorrow."

Iolaus got a wicked grin. "How old is she going to be?"

"Sharyn *didn't* tell me that, and I didn't ask. Now all we have to do is keep her away from Jason's til tomorrow."

"A present for me?" Karen's voice came from atop the loft. She had a big smile on her face. "Can I see it? Can I? Please?"

"*What* are you doing up there?" Iolaus asked her.

"Spying on you," she giggled, and jumped down. "MINE!" she shouted and grabbed the package from Herc's arm.

Herc snatched the box back. "You get it tomorrow," he said, with a big smile. "At your...'surprise'...party."

"Don't worry Hercules," she said. "I promise to be surprised. Besides, right now I have babysitting duty."

"I'll walk with you," Iolaus said.

"Uh-uh," Karen answered, shaking her head. "I wanna go by myself. I'm going to ride anyway." She nodded to a horse nearby, all saddled and ready to go. "I don't want to walk to Coronea. Too far. I'll make it in a few hours on horseback though. Iolaus, get that look off your face. Please?"

"You stay out of trouble," he said, with a warning in his voice.

She mounted and turned to ride off. "I doubt it!" she shouted, and took off.

"Herc..." Iolaus began.

"Shut up Iolaus," was Herc's reply. "I can think of better ways to spend our time." He tossed the hunter over his shoulder and walked back to the house.

~*~*

In the other world, in the God of War's temple, Cupid was pondering where to go from here. Karen was ranting about things she wanted to do to her 'twin', the woman who had ruined her life here. She couldn't kill her, and was suggesting things that made even the War God cringe. Then an idea set upon him.

"You really want to get back at your twin and make her life absolutely miserable? I think I know how." Cupid got an evil grin and Karen matched it when he told her what he was thinking. "Artemis!" he shouted. The Goddess of Discord showed up, clad in black, a look of maliciousness on her face.

"What is it nephew? I was just about to start a war in Ephesus. They've been too peaceful for a while."

Cupid smiled at her. She was his favorite aunt. "I need your help. I want to go to the other world. Gonna help me?"

Artemis nodded, saying, "Whatever you do, make it good."

They stepped outside and the two Gods opened the portal. Cupid and Karen were about to jump thru when Karen said, "If it takes two to open it, how do we get back?"

"It'll stay open until we return," Cupid answered. Karen nodded and they jumped together.

They landed in the same spot from where they came from, but things seemed different. It was too quiet here.

"Where to now?" Karen asked.

The God of War got a big grin. He altered his wings so they were now white and said, "Why to the temple of the God of Love of course. I can sense my twin nearby. Come on."

She followed him, and moments later they were in a small village. "Take my hand," Cupid said. Karen did and the two of them vanished, reappearing inside the temple to this world's Cupid. "I need to stay unseen. You, however, *need* to be seen. Just be careful. We need to get Cupid alone and you may be the person to do it." She cocked her head at him, very curious, but obeyed nevertheless. He got a strange look on his face and disappeared.

A little boy came running out from the back of the temple and flew into her arms. "Karen! You came...did ya bring me a present? Where's Uncle Herc and Iolaus? I missed you."

Karen was taken aback, but needed to play her part. At least she knew who this was. "Bliss! I missed you too." She hugged him and was happy that he didn't know who she was. "Where's your daddy?"

"Daddy just left. He went to Ephesus with Granny 'Dite. Grandpa Ares started a war there and she said they have to stop it."

"You were expecting me?" She asked. Bliss nodded. 'This is going better then planned,' she thought. "How about we go take a walk Bliss?" The Godling nodded, and she led him out of the temple.

~*~*

Ignorant of what had happened, Karen arrived at Cupid's temple and entered. "Hey winged-one," she screamed. "Where are you?"

Cupid appeared, careful that his wings were white, and his disposition was happy. He easily pulled the thoughts from her head and was aware why she was there. "You're late. It doesn't matter anyway. Bliss is with Psyche. She changed her mind about leaving him."

Karen shrugged. "Mother's perogative. Since I'm here," she said with a sly smile, "can I still borrow your bow? There's a girl in Thebes Jason's been looking at. He needs a good time, so I was thinking...."

"No problem," Cupid said. He stared at his feet, not meeting her eyes. "Karen, look, there's something I've been wanting to tell you. I wasn't going to, but mom thinks I should."

"If this is about Iolaus and that redhead, I already know. 'Dite told me."

"No...it's not that. Look, mom doesn't know about this. But you really need to. It's about Herc and Iolaus...and you. When you first got here. It's been over a year, but you need to know now. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

"Look Cupid," Karen said. "It can't be that bad." She smiled at him. "I can take it...go for it."

He led her to his enchanted pool. "Look...." He stepped back and she didn't see the malicious look that came across his face. Karen looked into the pool and smiled. She was greeted with visions from when she had first arrived in Greece.

She saw herself exiting Ares' temple, stealing the sword and the boots. "I was kinda chubby," she laughed, looking down at herself now. She saw herself walking away from the town, and saw Iolaus looking at her. "He was watching me. I didn't know that." The next scene was from the War God's own mind.

Karen watched as 'Cupid' watched Iolaus watching her, and drew back his bow, shooting Iolaus in the ass. Her smile faded as she saw Iolaus' facial expression change, from one of simple curiosity to lust. She felt the tears welling up in her eyes and wiped her face with the back of her hand. "I thought...I thought he liked me. I should have known better. All that talk about true beauty coming from within. He's just like the men from my time. I'm glad you told me Cupid. I do have one question though. What about Hercules? You didn't shoot him too did you?"

Cupid gave her a frown. "No. I didn't shoot him. But Iolaus...." The vision changed again.

~*~*

Hercules and Iolaus were standing outside the cave right after Iolaus had introduced them. Karen felt more tears fall as she heard the conversation.

"Nice piece of ass, huh Herc? I figure me and you...well you want a woman in our lives, at least you said you did. I think she'll do."

"She looks like she'll make strong babies one day. She any good in the sack?"

"I've had better. But she's good enough. We're going to go to Corinth and we'll have to stop and make camp. How about I let you find out later?"

Hercules laughed. "Sounds good to me buddy."

~*~*

Karen was crying freely now, watching the scenes before her. She had no idea that Cupid was inventing them, putting the images in her mind. She had no idea she was being manipulated, and the War God couldn't have been happier.

"I'm sorry," he said, feigning a look of sadness. "But like I said, you needed to know."

"It's okay," she said. "I gotta get going anyway." She turned, and with tears still coming, she ran out of the temple, climbed back on the horse, and headed back to Thebes. She was going to get her stuff and take off. Where she didn't know yet...but somewhere, anywhere, away from Iolaus.

~*~*

Karen returned to the temple unexpectedly with Bliss in tow. The Godling got one look at his father's twin and knew it *wasn't* his father. He turned to fly away, but the War God grabbed him.

"I think I'll keep you for a little insurance," he laughed. He snatched the Godling and Bliss disappeared.

"What did you do with him?" Karen asked.

"I sent him to my Auntie Artemis. And wait until you hear what I did to *your* twin." He quickly filled her in. "I think *you* are going to have some fun with Iolaus. Let's wait a while. I read her thoughts. She's going back to Thebes to pack up her stuff. We wait until she's gone...then the fun begins."

They both laughed and sat, biding their time.

~*~*

Karen arrived back at the house late, and watched the two men caressing each other on the bed. Neither heard her as she packed up her few belongings and put them in a carry-sack.

"I love you both," she said softly. "I only wish you truly felt the same way." She turned and walked out, heading down the road on foot.

~*~*

Hercules gently pushed Iolaus away. "I think your woman is back," he smiled.

"I heard her," Iolaus said, smiling back. "HEY WOMAN!" He yelled in a teasing tone. "GET IN HERE!"

"You bellowed?" Karen said, walking into the room. She eyed the two men on the bed, wanting to attack them, but quickly regained her composure. "What say the two of us have a little bit of fun?" She jumped on the bed between them and pulled Iolaus into a deep kiss. "I'm sorry," she said, turning to Hercules. "That was mean of me. I *meant* the three of us."

"That's okay," said Hercules. "Where's Bliss?"

"With his daddy," she smiled. "Cupid changed his mind." She watched Hercules as he pulled on his boots and headed for the door. "See you tomorrow Herc?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "Tomorrow. Good night." He walked out without saying another word.

Iolaus was looking at Karen strangely. "What was that all about?"

"I just want you to myself tonight. I missed you. Besides, he was acting kind of weird yesterday. Saying some weird stuff."

"Like what?" Iolaus asked. She had piqued his curiosity.

Karen shrugged. "Iolaus, I don't know if I should tell you. I don't want you mad at him."

"Just tell me," Iolaus said.

"Well he said...Iolaus he said he wants me to have his baby. Says that me and him could have strong kids. He also said that if you and me had one, the kid might be small like you." She studied Iolaus' face, waiting for his reaction. It was not what she expected.

"He's probably right," Iolaus answered. "It wasn't fun being the smallest. You and him would make big healthy kids. That's okay with me."

"*WHAT*!" She stared at him. "How could you say that?"

"It's true," he shrugged. "I don't mind. Me and Herc talked about it a while back. Talked about if you got pregnant. We came to the conclusion that your child could call us both daddy. If you *were* with child, you probably wouldn't know which one of us was the father anyway. So we'd share." He leaned in to kiss her and she slapped him.

"You pig! You are a disgusting pig! I'm out of here!" She stood and walked out, leaving the hunter alone.

"Must be that time of the month," he said to himself with a smile. He turned over and went to sleep.

Karen walked outside, fuming. "It's not working Cupid," she told the War God. "Did you hear what he said?"

"Yeah, I heard," he answered her. "Go work on Hercules now. Take the horse and you'll catch up to him."

She mounted and looked at him. "What do I say to him?" She asked.

"You'll think of something," he answered. "Right now, I have to check up on my twin. I don't want him coming back too soon."

Karen nodded and Cupid vanished.

'What do I say to you Hercules?' She thought. 'What could possibly get you pissed at Iolaus?' A thought occured to her and she took off after the demigod, galloping at full speed. 'I'm going to destroy the two of you.'

 

Part 2

 

Karen caught up with Hercules a few minutes later. As Cupid had said, she *had* thought of something. She only hoped the demigod didn't have the same type of reaction as Iolaus had.

"Hey Herc, can I give you lift?" She asked.

"What are you doing here? Abandon Iolaus already?" He smiled at her and she forced a smile back.

"He went to sleep. He said you tired him out." She rode beside him, while he walked. "What's wrong with him anyway?" She stopped the horse and dismounted, walking beside him. "Did you guys have another fight about me?"

He stopped and turned to her. "What fight? I haven't had a fight with him." He put his hand on her arm and she flinched, forcing a grimace. "Are you hurt?"

"Nah, it's nothing," she said, looking at her feet.

"Talk to me!" he snapped. "*Are you hurt*?!"

"Iolaus just got a little upset, that's all. He doesn't think me and you should spend time together anymore. He says I belong to him and him alone. He doesn't want you touching me anymore."

"Maybe he's right," Herc said. "It is kind of strange sharing you."

'What is it with these two?' Karen thought. 'Don't they fight?!'

She heard Cupid's voice in her head. 'Guess who decided to get out of bed and follow you?'

She bit the inside of her cheek hard, forcing tears to come. "Do you love me Herc?" she asked, in a 'little girl' voice.

"I told you I did," he answered her. He wiped her tears away with his fingers, and she kissed the palm of his hand.

"Then show me."

"Karen, this might not be the best time. Maybe I should talk to Iolaus first."

She moved her hands to his belts and undid them, looking into his eyes. "I don't care about him now. Love me Hercules. I *need* you. Please."

"I don't...." he started to say, but didn't get a chance to finish. Karen's hands were pulling his pants down, and she moved them around, caressing his ass.

"Show me," she moaned. One hand moved to his hair and she pulled his lips to hers, parting them with her tongue. "Make love to me."

Herc gave in to the kiss, oblivious to the fact that Iolaus was watching them. His hands moved over her body, slowly stripping her, pulling them both to the ground. Her hands followed along his body, his flesh exposed to her, and she pushed him onto his back, crawling over him, kissing her way down his body. She nipped at his nipples, figuring *his* were just as sensitive as Sovereign's, and smiled when he moaned and grabbed her by the hair, pushing her head further down. Kissing her way to his cock, Karen practically inhaled it, taking it all the way in, her hands on his thighs, fingertips caressing his inner legs.

"So nice," he moaned, lifting her head up and down his cock. "Such a nice mouth." She let her teeth graze the tip of his cock, and he jumped and pulled her off. He tossed her onto her back and spread her legs, letting two fingers slip into her wet pussy, his thumb rubbing her clit, causing her to undulate closer to him.

"Fuck me now demigod," she whispered. "Show me how good you are." He slowly entered her, moving his cock within her, letting her feel each sensation. Grabbing her by the ass, he pulled her to him, sheathing himself all the way, and Karen threw her head back, closing her eyes, reveling in the feeling.

"You're mine," he whispered to her, pounding harder, taking her with every ounce of strength he could muster. "*Not* Iolaus'...Mine!"

"Yes Hercules...yours...." He thrust harder, and felt her clenching around his cock, and they came together. Hercules collapsed atop her, still moving within. He gentled himself from her and pulled her atop his body, kissing her hard.

"You're not going back to him," Herc growled. "You're staying with me. He doesn't deserve you, doesn't need you. I'll treat you right. You'll belong to a demigod and Iolaus will be alone. Alone as he deserves to be."

"Hercules, I don't know if he deserves that. Maybe we shouldn't hurt him."

He grabbed her by the shoulders. "I said *you* are mine now! You will be by *my* side and no one elses. Do you understand?!"

She nodded and made sure that Iolaus saw the look on her face...a look that was a cross between acceptance and fear.

Iolaus felt anger, and silently turned away, going home. He had no way of knowing that *most* of what he had seen wasn't real, and that the words were *all* Cupid's, heard only by Iolaus and Iolaus alone.

Karen heard Iolaus walking away, and, thanks to Cupid, knew exactly what Iolaus had seen and heard. Now all she had to do was give Hercules more to think about. 'Just like the Sovereign and *his* Iolaus,' she thought. 'The demigod has too many feelings and they get in the way.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Far away from this, a very upset Karen had made it to Megara. She still couldn't believe what she had seen, but if Cupid had shown it to her, it was real...it had happened. Iolaus didn't love her, never had. And as for Hercules, all he had wanted was a good time. She wasn't watching where she was going and ran smack into another body, knocking it to the ground.

"Hey, why don't you watch where you're...." She was greeted with a smile. "...Future-girl! Long time no see!"

"Hello Autolycus," she mumbled, pushing past him. "Good-bye Autolycus." He stood and grabbed her, turning her to him. Her eyes were red and puffy, and she burst into tears. "Leave me alone," she sobbed, pushing him away. But he grabbed her again, this time tighter.

"Talk to me," Autolycus sent gently. "Something happen to Iolaus?" She shook her head.

"Hercules?"

"No...it wasn't real. Any of it. Cupid told me and it's true."

"Whoa. Back up a few feet." Autolycus was confused. "What's not real and what's true?"

"Iolaus...Hercules...none of it...Cupid did it to Iolaus and then Hercules...he...." She started crying again and the whole story came out.

Autolycus found himself staring at her. "You're telling me that Iolaus doesn't love you, that Hercules just wanted strong babies, and a nice fuck?"

She nodded. "I know it sounds strange," she said between sobs, "but it's true. Cupid showed me."

"Look, you shouldn't be traveling alone." Karen started to say something but he cut her off. "I know you can take care of yourself, but there have been a lot of bandit attacks in these woods over the last couple of weeks. I'm not too crazy about walking alone myself. So how about we stick together for a while? You watch my back, and I'll watch yours. Deal?"

Karen nodded and walked a bit ahead of him.

'So Iolaus doesn't love you,' Autolycus thought. 'Well, King of Thieves, this may be your lucky day.' He watched her ass sway as she walked. 'Yep...your lucky day....'

They made camp at dusk, Karen exhausted, and she set about making a fire, while Autolycus caught two rabbits for them. Karen turned green at the sight, but Autolycus just shrugged. "I know you're not too fond of rabbit, but it's all I could find. I'm not much of a fisherman, and I can't stand fish anyway."

"I guess I should eat," she said. "But I don't want to watch you skin them. I'm going for a short walk. Give a holler when they're done." He nodded and she walked off.

He had finished skinning them and had put them on the spit when he heard her scream, and ran to her. She was on the ground, a large man straddling her, her shirt off, and there were two other men, also larger then Autolycus. One was pulling at her pants, and the other was standing there, cheering them on. He ran and did a mid-air flip, dropping the standing man, and let go with a couple of punches, and a knee to the groin. Distracted by this, the man pulling at Karen's pants released his hold and Karen kicked him in the face, and managed to roll the other man off of her body. A right in his crotch made the man scream, and a left gave him a bloody nose. They took off, leaving the two alone. Autolycus helped Karen to her feet, and helped her back to their camp. Karen just sat there, staring at the rabbits, and mumbled "Thanks."

Autolycus smiled at her. "You're welcome. So you ready for food?" A nod and he removed one of the rabbits from the spit and tore some meat off for her. She sat there eating and making faces, but she managed to finish. She finally smiled when she saw him staring at her.

"Something the matter with me?" She asked.

"Well...you have no shirt on, and you look...." He moved his eyes and she giggled.

"Auto, I didn't know you were the shy type."

"Not normally," he smiled. "But where you're concerned...I don't know."

"Do you want to sleep with me?" she asked, her face getting slightly red. Autolycus nodded, and Karen moved closer to him, until her face was next to his. She kissed him gently, and he returned the kiss the same way, exploring her mouth, his hands caressing her back, pulling her harder into the kiss. She broke the kiss and pushed him onto the ground, letting her hands wander his body, pulling off his shirt, and straddling his chest. Leaning down, she kissed him and let him roll them over so he was atop her. He moved back a bit, and slowly pulled down her pants. He stood and removed his own, and knelt between her legs, taking her full breasts into his hands and caressing them. He moved his swollen cock to her wetness, and paused. "Are you sure you want this?" He asked, a bit hesitant. Karen nodded, whispering "Yes," and the thief smiled at her. Leaning forward, he entered her slow, gently pushing in. But she didn't want gentle, and grabbed his ass, pulling him all the way in.

"I want you to *fuck me*," she growled, grabbing his hair and pulling him into another rough kiss. She bit his lower lip when she broke the kiss, and Auto was caught up in the passion at this point. He pulled out and thrust back in, taking her hard, and she matched him movement by movement. She shifted so she was now atop him, and began to ride him, lifting herself up and down his cock. His hands met hers and their fingers interlocked, and they fucked each other harder, until Karen shouted her completion. She rocked atop Autolycus, feeling him still hard, and removed herself abruptly. Before he had a chance to react, she moved her head down his body, and took his shaft into her mouth, swallowing all of it. She sucked on him hard, and, moving two fingers within herself, she moistened them, letting them slip into his tightness, and began to fuck him. Her other hand wrapped around his cock and she caressed it, sucking on the head, licking at the slit. She knew he was at the edge, and she pushed her fingers into him harder, finding *that* spot of pleasure within him, and, at the same time, she blew on the slit and covered his cock with her mouth again, taking him deeply. Autolycus bucked beneath her, exploding in her mouth, and she swallowed what he gave her, tasting the sweetness. She didn't move until he was dry and panting, and then just shifted herself so she was laying in his arms.

"You are *very* talented Autolycus," she said with a smile.

"So are *you*," he said.

"Sleep?" Karen asked.

"Oh yeah." He answered. "You are very tiring." He smiled and held her close, and had one last thought before he fell asleep. He wondered if, in the morning, he'd find himself beaten and flogged by an angry demigod and hunter.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hercules was exhausted by the time morning came. Karen had been making love with him until dawn and she finally left him alone when he begged her to. He was sore all over, having been put into positions he didn't even know existed. He wandered into the kitchen and saw Jason making breakfast.

"Hercules, I think you should take it easy on her," he said, laughing. "She's *only* mortal."

"Me?" Herc answered, wide-eyed. "That woman wouldn't stop. Everytime I turned over to go to sleep, she was all over me again. Jason, she had a fight with Iolaus, and I told her she could stay here for a couple of days."

"Fine with me," Jason said. "Any idea what it was about?"

"No, but I intend to find out. What's for breakfast?"

"The usual for me," Jason answered. "Two eggs and some bacon. And for you..." he put a large plate in front of the demigod. "Five eggs, bacon, sausage, meat cakes, and toast. You know, you keep eating like this and you're going to be the same size as Sal soon."

Hercules laughed. "Not if *she* keeps this up." While they ate, they talked about trivial things, and when they'd finished, Herc got up and headed out. "When she gets up, tell her I went to talk to Iolaus. I'll be back soon." Jason nodded to him and set about cleaning up. Hercules wasn't gone more then five minutes when Karen came out. Without turning Jason said, "Sit down and I'll get you some food."

"I'm hungry Jason, but not for food. Herc says you get kind of lonely and it's not right. I agree with him." Her voice was low and Jason turned, his mouth falling open. Karen was standing there naked, and smiling at him seductively. She walked to him, and before he knew what was happening, she had her mouth on his. He pushed her away, but she came back to him. "Hercules says I should be nice to you. I don't mind." She kissed him and pulled him to her, letting her hands wander under his tunic. She broke the kiss, and pulled it up and over his head, then moved herself to him so that their bare chests were touching. He tried to move away from her again, but he had nowhere to go. His back was at the sink, and her mouth had attached itself to one of his nipples and was sucking hard at it. Her hands moved to his pants, and she undid his belts, pulling them down. He toed off his boots and helped her take his pants off. She knelt in front of him, taking his cock into her hands, licking his shaft with slow, wet strokes of her tongue. Jason's hands moved to her shoulders and he wound his fingers in her hair, watching her. His breathing was becoming rapid, and she smiled.

He fucked her mouth, and moaned as her tongue played in tandem with her sucking motions. "So long..." he moaned, "...forgot what it feels like." She nipped at the head, and he gripped the edge of the counter for support. It took but a few moments before he shot down her throat, and he dropped to his knees, pulling her down with him. Karen still hadn't released the hold on his cock, and he was getting hard again.

"Hercules said I should pleasure you," she moaned, releasing her mouth. "But I think you should do the same to me." She pulled him on top of her, and guided his cock into her wetness. Her eyes met his and she grinned. "Fuck me Jason...make me feel good." He smiled and entered her, feeling her muscles tightening around his cock as she drew him in deeply. Their lips met and they sucked on each other's tongues, and Jason fucked her harder until they both screamed and came. It took Jason a few minutes to get his breathing under control.

"It's been so long," he whispered. "No one since Alcmene."

"Hercules said you can have me until he gets back." She took his cock in hand and felt him hardening again. "You need this Jason." He nodded to her, picked her up, and carried her to the bedroom.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Iolaus was angry. He paced his house, occasionally pausing, picking something up, and throwing it. He came across an old drawing of himself and Hercules, that Herc had made for him when they were kids. It had been his most precious possession for twenty-five years. He tossed it onto the fire and watched it burn.

 

Part 3

 

Hercules turned back when he realized he'd forgotten the dog's chew toys. Iolaus had complained that Prometheus was chewing on everything in his house. His hearing picked up moaning and he quietly entered, careful to tread lightly. He walked to the bedroom and slowly opened the door. He watched Jason making love with Karen, heard her laughing, saw her writhing atop his stepfather and good friend.

"Much better then Iolaus," she crooned. "I don't think we should tell him about us. He doesn't take things like that too well, and he would probably cry."

"Herc would probably cry also," Jason said with a laugh. "He's so damn sensitive. Alcmene once told me she wished he were tougher, like Iphicles. I am so glad he turned down my offer to rule Corinth. The kingdom would probably be a disaster by now."

"I can't believe Iolaus thinks I actually love him," Karen said. "It's a joke you know. Hercules always lecturing me on something and Iolaus...well Iolaus is such a wimp sometimes. Herc says 'Jump!', and Iolaus asks 'How high?'. But you Jason, you are a *true* hero. And a much better lover. They deserve each other." She kissed Jason and they stopped talking, their lovemaking becoming rougher.

Hercules closed the door and walked out of the house, unsure of what he was feeling. Like Iolaus before him, he didn't know that what he had seen and heard was from Cupid's mind, and not reality at all.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jason watched Karen sleep, smiling at her. He was tired out. Hercules was right...the woman was insatiable. Every time he thought her finished, (and himself as well), she got him hard again. He moved his fingers over her body, and he touched her arm and felt a scar. It was deep, and looked like it had been made by a sword. He thought that strange. He had remembered Karen looking at Iolaus' scars one day and remarking how she'd been hurt bad, but never bad enough to leave a permanent scar. As he touched further he felt more scars, and started to get a bad feeling, but he wasn't quite sure what it was. Karen was starting to wake and her hands wound in his hair, pushing his mouth down her body, and all else was forgotten for the moment as he began to make love to her again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Autolycus awoke in the morning, and the first thing he did was look for either Hercules or Iolaus, or possibly Aphrodite. He saw none of them, but felt the woman laying in his arms. Karen slowly opened her eyes and smiled at him.

"Good morning," she said, leaning in for a kiss. He kissed her, then pulled back, a bit unsure of what he had done. "I'm sorry," she said moving away.

"What are you sorry for?" He asked.

"I don't know," Karen answered. "Are you mad at me?"

He shook his head. "You're not sorry that we...you know...that we made love?" He asked with a hopeful smile.

"Not at all," she replied, smiling at him. "Where were you headed Auto? And would you like some company?"

"Mycenae. There's a festival there and I figured I could...."

She finished for him. "...make yourself at 'home'...maybe get a few 'souvenirs'." She grinned. "I used to be pretty good with my hands. I always did like to, shall we say, collect things."

He grinned back at her. "Mycenae it is!" He laughed. They packed their things up and headed to the festival. "By the way, where did you learn to fight like that? You messed that guy up pretty bad yesterday. Seems like you could take Xena on."

"On the street," she answered quietly. "Sometimes you have to learn things like that to survive. I was never all that good at it though...not like now. Ancient Greece, I mean, Greece," she smiled, "is a real learning experience."

"I'll be careful not to get in your way."

"Don't worry Autolycus. If I give you any pain, it's because you want it. Oh, and I did take Xena. But I wouldn't have been able to if I hadn't been trained to fight my whole life. She would have kicked my ass from here to Athens."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Bliss was afraid at first. But, like most children, mortal or god, he was more curious. He wandered the temple of Artemis and knew something was wrong. He managed to find the way out and tried to get himself home, but he couldn't. He couldn't sense his mother or father either, so he concentrated on his Grandpa Ares. He immediately found himself in a temple decorated with hearts and flowers and figured he was in his Grandma 'Dite's temple. But then he saw his Grandpa and ran to him.

"Grandpa Ares, Grandpa Ares." He yelled, jumping into Ares' arms, hugging him tightly. "Boy am I glad I found you. I can't find mommy or daddy anywhere."

Ares was taken aback. His grandson had never been affectionate, being raised by Cupid alone after Cupid sent Psyche to Tartarus. He was confused as well. Bliss had never mentioned his mother, having never known her. Cupid had gotten rid of Psyche shortly after she gave birth to their second child, their daughter Pleasure. No one had seen Pleasure in a long time and he had long wondered if his granddaughter was even alive.

"Bliss, are you okay?" he asked.

The Godling nodded. "I was in daddy's temple, and Uncle Herc said I could spend the weekend with him and Iolaus and Karen, and Karen came to watch me and then daddy sent me to Aunt Artemis, but it wasn't my daddy, and it wasn't Aunt Artemis either." He studied Ares' face and kicked him in the groin, causing Ares to drop him. He backed away, and now he was frightened. "You're *not* my grandpa!" he shouted and ran out of the temple.

Ares chased after him, more confused right now. He finally caught up with Bliss and dragged him back to the temple kicking and screaming. "STOP IT NOW!" He yelled.

The Godling got quiet and backed away. "I want my daddy," he said, starting to cry. "I want my mommy." Ares knelt in front of him.

"I think you're right. I'm not *your* Grandpa Ares. And *no one* has ever referred to my half brother as 'Uncle Herc.' But I'm not going to hurt you...I promise." Something in the God's tone calmed Bliss, and he stopped crying. "Aphrodite!" He yelled. His sister appeared before him and Bliss just stared. The woman was dressed in a long dark blue dress with a high collar.

"Not my Grandma," Bliss said with certainty.

"No," Ares said. "I don't think so." He looked at his sister. "Aphrodite, I think we may have a problem."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was late when Hercules arrived at Iolaus' house. He walked in and saw one large mess. He got worried as he knew that Iolaus was constantly cleaning up after Karen, who was a bit of a slob. He saw a piece of burnt parchment next to the fire and picked it up. He heard the noise behind him and turned to face Iolaus.

"Why did you burn this Iolaus? Don't you remember? I made it for you after we met, when me and Iphicles helped you beat up Nicias and those other boys who were picking on you."

"Get out of here Hercules," Iolaus said. "I don't want you here anymore. Just take Karen and be miserable for the rest of your lives." He turned to walk back to the other room, but Hercules grabbed him by the arm.

"Why would I want to take Karen? She loves you. I mean for some reason she loves me too, but still. She *belongs* with you."

Iolaus laughed, but it was not a laugh borne of humor. "She belongs to me huh? You want her so bad you can have her. I'm not stupid Hercules. I saw the two of you. I heard what you said."

"What I said? I don't understand Iolaus. All I told her was that I was going to have a talk with you and that she could stay with me and Jason for a while." He paused. "That was a mistake. If I'd known she felt that way about Jason I never would have brought her there."

"Sure," Iolaus sneered. "Blame Jason. After what you said...get out of here Hercules." He pulled his arm away. "I never want to see either one of you again." He went to the bedroom and slammed the door.

"What in Tartarus is going on?" He said to himself. He left, going back to Jason's house. He was going to get to the bottom of this.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He got back and found Karen sitting outside, reading a scroll. Cupid had filled her in on what Hercules had seen and it was time to cover her ass. 'Time to fuck with his head some more,' she thought.

"Hi Herc," she said. "How's Iolaus?"

"Did you have fun with Jason?" He asked.

"I'm sorry Hercules," she said calmly. "It just happened. I didn't want it to. But he's so...Herc he was so forceful that first time. Iolaus thought it was a good idea. At first. But he told us to stop. I didn't think that as fair of him. He put us together, then tried to pull us apart. I have to tell you that I said some horrible things about him and you to Jason and I don't know why. I told Jason I didn't love you or Iolaus and that was a lie. I do love you. I didn't want to hurt you and I'm sorry. Please don't hate me." She started to cry and the demigod knelt beside her.

"I don't hate you," he said. "I just don't understand."

"I'm so confused," she sobbed. "Iolaus hurt me over you, says he hates you now. After you left, Jason came to my bed. He wouldn't take no for an answer. At first I fought him, but then I gave in. Oh Hercules, what am I going to do?"

He took her into his arms and held her. "Shhh...it'll be okay. I promise you." He glanced up and saw Jason at the open door. He looked at his friend and they both knew that something was very wrong here. He motioned Jason to go back into the house, and he just held Karen. He intended to find out the truth before the day was over.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Karen and Autolycus arrived in Mycenae late afternoon, and took a room at the inn. It was a nice-sized room, with one very large bed, and windows on all sides. Karen immediately went to a window and stared out.

"This place is like Vegas," she said. At Auto's look, she smiled. "It's a place where I come from, where there is *always* something going on." She motioned him over. "Check that out." She pointed to some men who were carrying sacks into a large building. "I'll bet that's where the valuables are kept," she grinned.

He grinned back. "I think you may be right. How about we rest first, then check out the town?"

"You're not very subtle thief," she giggled. "If ya want me, you don't have to do it that way."

"I do want you," Autolycus said, kissing her. "But I really meant that we need to rest. We're going to need our eyes and ears open later and need our concentration."

"Okay," she said. "We sleep for a while, then we look around the town. But I want some later or I'm going to be real cranky." He nodded to her and the two plopped on the bed and were quickly asleep.

Karen's dreams were of Iolaus, and by the time Autolycus woke her a few hours later, she was feeling very guilty. But she shrugged it off. 'He doesn't love me, so why should I care,' she thought.

They ate dinner and walked around the town for a while, looking at everything, and Karen noticed something. "Auto, something's not right here."

"You noticed it also," he answered. "It seems like there are less people now then there were before. In the last hour things have gotten quieter."

"I think we should get out of here," Karen said. She grabbed Autolycus by the arm and they headed back to the inn. They gathered their things and checked out, but they didn't get very far. They were surrounded by a dozen men, who didn't look like they were very friendly.

"Hi guys," Karen said. "Up for a party?"

"No," said one of the men. "Up for strip-mining?"

"Not today," said Autolycus. They charged into the group, but were quickly overcome by them. The last thing Auto saw before he was hit over the head, was Karen getting tossed over one of the men's shoulders.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Iolaus was getting frustrated. He had trashed his house, and was burning everything that reminded him of Hercules. He was going through a box of things he had found in the closet when he found something they had brought back from the future. It was something Karen said they had to keep. 'What did she call it again?' He thought. 'Oh yeah...a photo.'

It was the three of them in the kitchen. Sharyn had taken it one night at dinner and Iolaus laughed when he remembered how he and Hercules had gotten scared when they saw it pop out of the machine that took it. Karen had explained to them that it was like an etching, only more realistic. He was going to throw it onto the fire but he hesitated, and put it back in the box.

"This is ridiculous!" He said to himself. "I am getting *my* woman back. Hercules be damned to Tartarus."

He ran out of the house and saddled a horse. "I'm going to see my 'friend' and take back my property!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In the temple of Ares, God of War, the dark god was pacing. Something was very wrong and he wasn't sure what it was. His worshippers seemed to be getting more violent and he didn't know why. Normally he would have reveled in this. But the sight of two of his warriors raping a young boy had been too much even for him. He didn't know why, but he headed to Thebes. He had a feeling in his gut he was going to need Hercules' help.

 

Part 4

 

Karen awoke tied to a bed, in a room devoid of any kind of decoration. She felt a cool breeze over her body and realized she had been stripped. A man came into the room and sat beside her, moving his fingers down her body.

"They tell me you're quite a fighter. You took down three of my men before they restrained you."

"Where's my friend?"

"You mean the 'King of Thieves'? He's alive...for now. He's not very happy though." The man grabbed her by the hair and pulled her face to his. "He won't tell me who *you* are though. He says you're someone he picked up, but I don't buy it. He took quite a beating before he'd even tell me he knew you." *SMACK!* He slapped her in the face. "Who are you?"

"I'm nobody," she said. "Just someone he picked up a few days ago. He saved me from three men who tried to...hurt me." He lifted his hand to smack her again and she cringed. "IT'S TRUE!" He lowered his hand. "What are you going to do to me?"

"Nothing yet," he answered. He turned and walked to the door, briefly turning back. "Don't go anywhere." He left the room and she started to cry.

'Karen you're in big trouble now. Nobody knows where you are.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hercules had finally gotten Karen to bed, and he went outside to speak with Jason.

"It was really strange Hercules. She seduced me and I let her, I couldn't help it. I let her touch me and I touched her back."

"Why did you say those things about me and Iolaus?" Herc was angry. Not so much over the fact that Jason had slept with Karen, but at his words.

"I *didn't* say those things. I don't know what you thought you heard, but it's true. I'd *never* laugh at you or Iolaus."

"Jason, I heard you. The words were clear enough and you...." He stopped speaking when he heard the horse approaching. They turned and saw Iolaus galloping full speed at them. Herc pulled Jason out of the way as Iolaus came riding by. The hunter dismounted and walked toward the two men. "Iolaus!" Herc snapped. "Are you mad? You nearly ran over us."

"I should have. Where is she? Karen is *mine* and she will stay mine." He was ranting and the two men could see he was very angry.

"Iolaus," Herc said softly. "Something is wrong here."

"Yes, Hercules there is. Now where is *she*?" Iolaus drew his sword and moved into a fighting stance.

"I'm here Iolaus," Karen said from the doorway. She ran into his arms. "Take me home Iolaus...please." She was crying and he held her tight. "I want to go home. Take me away from them."

"Iolaus...." Jason started to say, but Iolaus placed his sword at the man's throat.

"Come near her again and I will kill you." He resheathed his sword and mounted the horse, pulling Karen behind him. A last look at Hercules and Jason, and he rode off.

"Something is definitely wrong here," Hercules said again. Jason nodded his agreement. It was at that moment that Ares made his appearance and Herc groaned.

"Now is not a good time Ares so go away."

"Something is wrong here," Ares said.

"I just said that!" Herc snapped. "Now go away!"

"Hercules, I just saw what happened. I am not all that fond of you or blondie, but that wasn't like him. Iolaus threatened to *kill* Jason. I'm not sure what it is, but I've been seeing this for the last day or so. I have seen some of my warriors raping children, and Hades tells me that some of them have murdered pregnant women. Everything seems to be centered around Thebes. Something is happening here and I don't know what it is. And another thing...where is my grandson? I want him back on Olympus. I know that you were going to watch him for a few days, but I want him away from here."

"Bliss isn't here Ares," Herc said. "He's with Cupid and Psyche."

Ares shook his head. "No, he isn't. Cupid and Aphrodite went to Ephesus to interfere in a battle I had going, and Psyche is with Athena."

"Karen told us that Bliss was with his parents. Why would she lie?" Hercules was getting more confused by the moment.

"Maybe because she's not Karen." The two son's of Zeus turned to Jason. "Hercules, when I was...that is to say when we...."

"Spit it out Jason!" Herc said.

"Hercules do you remember when she made that crack about Iolaus' scars? That he had so many and she had been hurt but never that badly." Hercules nodded. "Hercules, that woman has scars all over her body."

"Jason, there's only one other woman who looked like her. And she is on another world, in an insane asylum. I don't think the Sovereign would be so quick to let her out, let alone allow her to come here." Hercules shook his head. "It has to be something else."

A powerful wind kicked up and all three men watched the vortex open.

"You were saying...." Ares yelled.

When the wind died down, Ares saw his twin in front of him. And the God of Love had Bliss in his arms.

"Grandpa Ares," Bliss yelled and ran to Ares. Ares scooped the boy up in his arms and held him tightly. He looked at the God of Love and grinned. "My mommy and daddy are here!"

"Yes, they're here Bliss," Ares said, smiling at his grandson. "I'm going to send you to your mommy now. Okay?"

"NO! I wanna stay with you and Uncle Herc." He pushed himself out of Ares' arms, and ran to Hercules. "You said I could visit with ya Uncle Herc. Iolaus said he'd teach me how to fish like mortals do."

Hercules picked up his nephew. "Bliss, your grandpa is right. You have to go home to Olympus now. Things are not going to be nice here for a while. Look, if you go home now, you can come back soon. I'll teach you how to fish the demigod way."

"Promise?" Bliss asked.

"I promise," Hercules said with a smile.

"Okay," Bliss said, smiling back. "I'll go now Grandpa. But I get to come back."

Ares waved his hand and Bliss vanished. "The demigod way?"

"I throw rocks at them," Herc said. He looked at the God of Love. "Ares, how did you get a hold of Bliss?"

"He showed up on my world and I think I know why. Cupid, *my* son, is here. And he brought the Sovereign's slut with him. I have to return to my world. Without Cupid there, chaos is reigning." The vortex opened behind him. "Find him...for both our worlds' sakes." He jumped back through the vortex and it closed behind him.

"Well now I know why things are not right," Ares said. "Two God's of War. That explains why Iolaus tried to kill you."

"Iolaus! *She's* with him." Hercules was frantic. "Jason, you need to ride to Corinth. Tell Iphicles what's happened. He needs to get his army ready...there may be bloodshed coming and he needs to be prepared." Jason nodded and went to the barn to get a horse. Hercules turned to Ares. "Take me to Iolaus." Ares nodded and they vanished.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Autolycus was in pain. His right hand was broken, an eye was swollen shut, and he was chained to a wall. He looked around him, and from what he could see, he was in a cell with other men and women and they were all bruised and battered. "Hey!" He said to the man next to him. "Where are we?"

"In Mycenae," the man answered. "Near the mines."

"Have you seen a woman? She was with me and I don't see her here."

Another man answered. "Yeah, I saw her. They got her in one of the houses. The boss says that she's going to be a real nice slave."

"Slave? Wait a second...slavery is illegal in Mycenae. It's part of Corinth now and King Iphicles has forbidden anyone from owning slaves. Everyone in this province was freed."

"They don't do it openly," another man said. "They'll take her across the sea to Ceos. There are slave camps there. You'll never see her again."

"I wouldn't count on that," Autolycus said. "She belongs to...a very important man. When he finds out that his...slave...has been taken, all Tartarus will break loose."

Karen was trying to free herself from the ropes. 'Damn it Gran...you taught me how to fish and how to parry, but you never taught me how to get myself loose from these things.' She heard footsteps and closed her eyes pretending to be asleep.

*SMACK!* "Wake up whore!" A deep voice yelled at her. She slowly opened her eyes and found herself face to face with the man whom she had seen before. "Time to see how good you are." She watched in terror as the man stripped off his clothes and straddled her lower body.

"Please, please don't," she begged, tears coming. She twisted her body, trying to move away, but to no avail. She screamed as his cock entered her with no preparation. "NOOO!"

*SMACK!* "Stupid bitch. Another word out of you and I will whip you bloody!" Her legs were released and she kicked out, her foot hitting another man in the groin. A few more men entered and Karen's legs were grabbed and held tight. Her arms were released from the tether holding them, but her wrists remained bound. She could do nothing when the man inside of her rolled over with her and she felt another man at her ass. She tried to push away, but could only scream again when his cock pushed in. Her hair was grabbed and pulled hard, and she felt a cock at her mouth trying to push its way in. She clenched her mouth shut, but the hand yanked on her hair and she screamed, and felt the man in her mouth. They went at her for a while, fucking her hard, laughing as she cried. The man at her ass finally removed himself, and she took a deep breath, but was quickly taken by another man. The cycle repeated itself, man after man taking her, until she fainted, the pain too great.

She was awakened some time later, and before she knew what was happening she was placed in a chair, and her legs bound tightly. She smelled blood and one look at the bedsheets told her the blood was her own. Her eyes got wide as she watched them bring Autolycus in and lay him on the bed. The thief could barely move, couldn't fight. His face was raw from various beatings, and she saw his arm was broken, part of the bone protruding out. She turned away, not wanting to watch this, but her head was turned and she was forced to watch.

One man pulled Autolycus' pants down, leaving him on his back, and spread his legs, stroking his cock, watching it as it hardened, then staring at the thief. Another man stood beside the bed, doing the same, and when he was erect, he straddled Autolycus' chest. Both men looked at each other, and the first man thrust into Autolycus, causing him to scream. The man on his chest looked down at the battered face. "You ever suck cock...well it don't matter 'cause you're going to learn now." Auto spit in the man's face, and was slapped hard. Karen heard a 'crack', and realized Auto's nose was broken. Auto went limp and the second man pulled Auto's head up, and pushed his cock into his mouth.

Karen pulled at the ropes, screaming, "Leave him alone! He didn't do anything to you...Please!" A man came over to her and smacked her, and she tasted blood on her lip. "Why are you doing this?"

"Because we can," came the reply. "And I suggest you get used to it, because tomorrow you'll be on Ceos. They like *their* property well-behaved."

Karen watched in horror as a few other men came in and took turns with Autolycus. "Property? NO! I won't be anyone's slave." She pulled harder on the ropes, but only succeeded in making her wrists raw. They finally removed Autolycus, coming towards her, and she saw one of the men leering at her. "NOT AGAIN!!" She screamed. She managed to get loose from the chair and ran out the door, her hands still bound. Karen didn't know where she was going, but any place was better then here.

She finally found an empty room, and hid in there, trying to figure a way to get loose. "It always looked so easy in the movies," she said to herself. "Shit...what would Rambo do? That's easy. He'd just bust his ropes. Maybe I should have taken more vitamins. Think Karen. There's gotta be something. All the fucking movies you've seen...there has got to be a solution." She looked around the room, but all she saw was a table. She looked it over, wondering if it could help her. She tipped it over and saw the leg ends. They were not sharp, but they were not sanded down either. 'Might work,' she thought. 'Nothing to lose.' She pushed the table against the wall and sat with her back to it. Placing the ropes against the leg end, she began to 'saw' at them. After a few minutes Karen felt the blood seeping from her wrists, but she didn't stop. 'Please work.' She felt the tears coming. She continued to move her hands in an up and down motion, and after a while she gave up. But when she moved away, the ropes didn't feel as tight. She moved back and continued, and, after a while she had managed to get the ropes loose enough so she could get them off. She moved her hands around and saw that her wrists were bloody, but she ignored the pain. She heard voices from outside and peered out the small window.

"Hey bitch! We got your friend here and if you don't come out we're going to give him pain...lots of pain!" She counted six men and saw Autolycus tied to a stake. He was naked and one of the men was holding a whip with barbed ends. "Time to start the party!" He raised the whip and it came down on Auto's back, the ends causing immediate bleeding. Her first thought was to give herself up, but she thought better of it. 'They'll still beat him,' she thought. 'And we'll still be sold into slavery. And if I did that, Auto would never forgive me. I gotta go get some help. He may not love me, but I have to get Hercules.' She quietly left the room, and, after searching a few more, found one that had some clothes for her to wear. They didn't fit her, but they were better then being naked. She also managed to find her way outside. Making her way around towards the front, she watched as Autolycus was whipped some more. She made her way to the gate and her eyes met Autolycus'. He just smiled at her and she knew she was doing the right thing.

Making her way outside the gate, she tried to get her bearings straight. 'Wonderful...no signs telling me which way to go and I don't know what time of day is so I can't even navigate by the sun. Well Karen, eventually you'll hit a town and you can get help.'

She took off, and, unbeknownst to her, she was going east...in the right direction.

 

Part 5

 

"Iolaus...please stop," Karen said. The hunter pulled the horse to a halt and Karen got off. She sat against a tree and motioned him to come sit beside her, which he did. "I'm sorry Iolaus. I was afraid of them."

He pulled her close. "They're not going to come near you again. I'll kill Hercules if he ever tries to hurt you."

"Do you still love me?" she asked quietly.

"Of course I do," he said, pulling her into a kiss. She shifted so she was in his lap, facing him, and kissed him back.

"Make love to me Iolaus," she whispered into his ear, snaking her tongue in. "Touch me...show me I'm still yours."

He pushed her onto the ground, his hands moving swiftly over her body, removing her clothes, until she lay naked beneath him. He stood, taking his own clothes off, and knelt between her legs. His fingers moved gently along her thighs, and she shivered from his touch. A finger slipped into her wetness and she pushed against it, wrapping her legs around his waist. His other hand stroked her breasts, playing with her nipples, and his mouth moved down and began to suck on one. He bit lightly at it and she moaned, winding her hands in his hair, pulling him closer. She pulled his face to hers and kissed him and another finger moved into her. "Fuck me now lover," she crooned. "Take me, make me yours."

Iolaus sat up and stroked his cock, his eyes not leaving hers, and he slowly entered her. She moved herself, pulling him in all the way, and gripped his upper arms. "Hard Iolaus...Please!" He pulled out and pushed back in hard, his hands pressing down on her hips, holding her steady, as he thrust in and out. He was starting to sweat, his breaths coming in pants, and his hands moved to her thighs, holding them so tight he was leaving marks. He threw his head back and came within her, and continued to fuck her until she shouted her own release.

He collapsed atop her, kissing her all over. "Mine...all mine."

"All yours Iolaus," she moaned, rolling them over so she was atop him. "And you're mine." She kissed her way down his body, alternating between licks of her tongue, and nips from her teeth. She reached his cock and sat up, taking it in both her hands, caressing it, watching it get hard. "Do you want me to suck it Iolaus...should I take it into my mouth and make love to it?"

"Yes...yes please," he moaned.

"Beg Iolaus. Beg me and maybe I'll suck it." She removed her hands and sat back, watching him. "Do it Iolaus...do it or you don't get touched."

"No," came his simple reply. He had no idea what she was doing. He knew she was more then aware that he wasn't ready for these games again, and he was confused.

"Then I'm not going to touch you or play with you." She stood and grabbed her pants, watching him from the corner of her eye. She wondered how long it would take before he did start to beg, and she was getting angry when he didn't speak. She pulled her pants on slowly and still he didn't say a word. She picked up her shirt and pulled it over her head, still watching him. He finally stood and pulled his own clothes on, just staring at her.

Karen got startled when she heard Cupid's voice in her head. 'In your words, the shit is about to hit the fan. Hercules and Ares are headed this way. You need to change direction.'

"I'm sorry Iolaus," she said, kissing him softly. "I didn't mean to upset you."

He returned the kiss. "It's okay. I still love you. Now let's get home. I want you in bed." He smiled at her and she smiled back.

"I have a better idea," she grinned. "Why don't we go to Corinth? It's been a while since I saw Iphicles. It'll be fun."

He giggled and bowed to her. "If it's Corinth you want my lady, it is Corinth you'll get." He mounted and pulled her up, and they headed away from Iolaus' house, away from Hercules and Ares.

But Cupid was right about one thing. Trouble was about to land in her lap. Her twin was heading to Corinth also.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hercules and Ares materialized about two hundred paces from Iolaus' house.

"You couldn't get us any closer?" Herc asked sarcastically.

"Don't be such a smartass. I aimed for the front door but obviously my powers are not at their peak. Probably because of my counterpart. Either way, let's go."

They got to the door and heard noise from inside. Judging from the sound, Iolaus and Karen were most definitely there. Herc hesitated. "What if we're wrong?"

Ares rolled his eyes. "Then you can join them, and I can be on my merry way. You know Hercules, strange as it sounds, sometimes I *really* worry about you." He pushed the door open and they heard the sounds, more clearly now, from the bedroom. The moaning was loud enough that Herc started to blush and the God of War stared at his feet. "Maybe you're right Hercules. Maybe we should just leave them alone." He turned to walk out and had a thought. "Hercules, Gods can make mortals, and other Gods, have visions." He opened the bedroom door and they were greeted by the sight of Iolaus and Karen writhing on the bed. Hercules turned to leave but Ares pulled him back. "Watch...." Ares walked to the bed and touched the two and they vanished. "Phantoms...probably courtesy of Cupid."

"Then where are they Ares?" Hercules asked. "They could be anywhere."

"Hercules, they must have known we were coming after them." Ares thought for a moment. "Corinth! They're headed to Iphicles."

"What makes you so sure Ares?"

"She tried to kill Iphicles once before...she will probably try again." He waved his hand but nothing happened. "Looks like we walk...Cupid is disrupting my powers."

"Take too long," Herc said. He walked to the barn. "Two horses. We ride." As they saddled the horses, they talked.

"If anything happens to me Ares, you need to take care of Iphicles."

"What makes you think I would have any inclination to take care of your brother?" Ares asked.

"Because you love him," Herc stated flatly. "Iphicles and I, we don't have too many secrets anymore. I know about the two of you. It's been what, six months now? You wouldn't take a mortal for a lover unless you loved him."

"I'm surprised Hercules," Ares said. "After what I did to Karen when she got here, I would think you'd beat me senseless."

Hercules mounted and Ares did the same. "Let's just say that I have a new perspective on you...and don't ask me to explain."

Ares just nodded, and Herc was glad Ares didn't ask. He wouldn't know how to tell his brother, the God of War, that in two thousand years Ares would get a little more relaxed, and see life in a very different way.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Karen was running as fast as she could. Thoughts of Autolycus beaten and raped going through her mind. She heard something and she stopped. Dogs barking and men shouting. She knew they were following her. She looked around for a place to hide but there was none. She saw a tree that she thought she could climb, and she had gotten about thirty feet up when a branch broke. She fell to the ground and broke her neck. The men found her a short time later and left her there.

Karen found herself on the banks of a river, people all around her, and saw the boat coming. She knew where she was. This place had been described in so many stories she had read. She watched as the people lined up and paid the boatman their money. This was the River Styx. The man in the boat was Charon. She was in Hades realm...she was dead.

The boat was full and she was the only one left on the dock when Charon returned. He motioned her to get in but she shook her head.

"Look lady," Charon said. "I know you don't want to cross over but you have to. I'm not supposed to tell anyone this but you look nice enough. You still get to the Elysian Fields even if you don't have the money to pay. Now it used to be that you went to the 'Lost Souls' room, but Persephone, she got Hades to stop that. Now get in would ya...I got a quota to fill."

"I'm *not* going. I have to go back." She was quite adamant and Charon shook his head.

"I know, I know. You have things to do, people to see, places to go. I hear it all the time."

"NO! *You* don't understand. Iolaus needs me. I feel it. And I have to go back to him."

The boatman groaned. "No...not Iolaus. Short guy, blonde hair, blue eyes, Hercules' best friend, causes trouble?"

She was surprised that Charon would know him, but she just nodded. "And I wouldn't call *him* short if I were you. You're about the same size."

He got out of the boat. "HADES!!!"

The God of the Underworld appeared, and Karen looked him over. 'Not bad,' she thought. 'Too bad he has a wife...even if it is six months out of the year.'

"Boss," Charon said. "She won't come, and she says she's a friend of Iolaus'. I figured you'd want to know."

"Everyone is a 'friend' of Iolaus. Since they heard that he got out of here four times, they all think if they say they know him, they get to leave too. Sorry." Hades shrugged. "Get in the boat."

She shook her head. "Herc says that you're his favorite uncle and not a bad guy. I *have* to get to Iolaus. I don't know why. Look, let me out to find him and I will come back after and cross over with no trouble. I'll even spend eternity in Tartarus. Besides, I think Herc is in trouble also. You're a God...one of the big ones. I know that from my history. Read my mind and you'll see I'm telling the truth."

Hades looked at her and pulled the thoughts from her. "It's not true you know...what you saw. Iolaus was never shot by Cupid's arrow. Whoever made you see that was lying."

She stared at him. "But Cupid showed me. In his temple."

"I saw the same vision you did, but it was a lie." Hades paced, thinking. "I don't know what's going on, and I hope I don't regret this, but I am going to return you for a while. But you *will* come back here when this is over with."

"I gave you my word," Karen said. "I'll keep it. Just send me back in one piece would you. I don't want to be walking around with my neck broken."

Hades nodded and Karen found herself back in the woods, where she had fallen. She got up and headed back to the path on her way.

"You gonna make her come back?" Charon asked.

"Maybe," Hades answered. "Although it would be nice to have Hercules and Iolaus owe us a favor for a change."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Iolaus and Karen reached Corinth at midmorning, and were greeted by the guards and allowed entry into the castle. They were met by Antaeus, who had recently been promoted to Captain of Iphicles' guard. He informed them that Iphicles was in a conference and would not be out for quite some time. Iolaus smiled, remembering him as a green cadet after Jason took the throne twenty years before.

"So, you're captain of the guard now," Iolaus said with a grin. "Who'd you have to pay off?" They laughed and grasped hands and were catching up. "Everytime I've come here, I seem to miss you. You're always off somewhere."

"I keep busy enough," Antaeus said. "By the way Iolaus, who's your lady friend?" He nodded to Karen, who just smiled.

Iolaus turned and realized he had forgotten Karen was there. "I'm sorry," he said softly. "It's just that we haven't...."

"It's alright Iolaus," she said, smiling at him. She moved to him, and put her hand on his shoulder, drawing him close. "You stay and talk to your friend." She licked his lips, and parted them with her tongue, kissing him softly. She broke the kiss, and turned to walk inside, taking one last glance at Iolaus. "I'm going to find a bedroom."

Iolaus stared after her, a bit confused, and turned to Antaeus. "We'll talk later." Antaeus nodded and Iolaus went after Karen.

He followed her into an upstairs bedroom, and closed the door. "What was that all about? I said I was sorry."

"It's okay Iolaus," Karen said, facing away from him. She sat on the edge of the bed, and pulled off her boots, then stood, slowly taking her pants down. Her shirt was last and as she pulled it up and off, she turned to him, and let herself fall to the bed. Her legs splayed, she moved her hands along her inner thighs caressing herself, watching Iolaus' eyes on her hands. One hand moved to a breast and she teased the nipple, while the other one spread herself, playing with her clit...all the while watching the hunter's eyes watching her. She abruptly stopped, and moved her body up the bed, so she was reclining against the headboard. Iolaus moved to the bed, kicking off his boots along the way, letting his vest fall, and taking off his pants as he crawled onto the bed. He spread her legs, kneeling between them, and leaned down, his fingers spreading her. His tongue licked along her slit, while a thumb massaged her clit, and she was writhing against him. Winding her fingers in his curls, she pulled his mouth hard onto her pussy and thrust against him, burying his face there. She moved her legs up so they were on his shoulders, and pulled his hair hard. Iolaus tried to shift but she wasn't letting him, and she continued to push up at him until she came. When she finally let Iolaus up for air, the hunter was panting. Rolling them over so she was astride him, Karen reached down and grabbed his belt. Before he had a chance to react, Karen had tied his wrists to the bedpost.

"Not bad if I do say so myself." She leered at him, and pulled his face to hers, pushing her tongue deep into his mouth.

Iolaus pulled away. "Untie me Karen. I'm not up to this yet." He pulled at his wrists and she cocked her head at him.

"I thought you liked to play?" she asked him.

"Not like this. Please." He pulled harder at the belts. Nightmarish visions still plagued him of his years on the streets, of being raped and used. "Please untie me." His breathing was becoming rapid and he was sweating.

"Everyone *has* to learn to enjoy these sorts of things Iolaus," she crooned into his ear. "A little pain, a little pleasure, or a mix of the two." She pinched a nipple and he arched up at her, then turned away.

"Stop it...please," he whispered.

"Or what?" she sneered at him.

"Or *I* am going to make you look like a corpse."

Karen turned at the voice...turned and looked into eyes that were identical to hers. Except at this moment, the other pair of eyes were more feral then her own.

 

Part 6

 

Jason got to the castle and immediately spoke with Antaeus. He confirmed that Iolaus was there with Karen, but that Karen's twin sister had shown up also, and was on her way to Iolaus' room. Jason took off toward the guest quarters, Antaeus right behind him.

"*BITCH!*" "WHORE!*" *CRASH!* The two women came flying through the door. Jason ran into the room and saw Iolaus and untied him. Antaeus came in a moment later, his nose bleeding.

"I'll let them fight it out," he said, grabbing a cloth, wetting it in the basin, and putting it on his swollen nose.

Iolaus put on his pants and he and Jason ran to the hall. They watched the two women fight, fists flying, legs kicking, hair getting yanked.

"Jason...." Iolaus started to say.

"The *other* one...she came over to our world with the help of the other God of War. Now Cupid is here, and all Tartarus has broken loose. Two God's of War. That's why there's been so much anger lately."

"Maybe we should stop them," Iolaus said, nodding to the two women. *His* Karen had her twin on the ground, and was laying punch after punch into her face. Jason nodded and Iolaus grabbed *his* Karen, pulling her off the other one, while Jason restrained the Karen laying on the floor. With a swift move, the other Karen jumped off the floor, grabbed the dagger from Jason's belt and lunged for Iolaus. Karen moved in front of him, grabbing her twins hand and twisted it backwards, causing her to yelp in pain and drop the dagger. She kicked her in the stomach, and flipped her onto her back, knocking her out with a single punch to the head. Karen stood and looked at the two men and smiled.

"'Enter the Dragon', 1973. Bruce Lee kicked ass in that one. I'm amazed it worked. But it hurts like hell." She shook her hand and grimaced from the pain. "How'd she get here anyway?"

Jason answered her. "Cupid the other God of War...he brought her here."

"Cupid? Well that explains the visions of the past. It was a set-up. From the beginning." Karen walked over to Iolaus. "*He* told me that 'he'd' shot you when I met you...showed me...I believed him. I thought all this time...Iolaus you do love me, don't you?"

He pulled her close. "Yeah, I love you. I thought you'd gone over the edge though."

"Iolaus," Jason said. "We were all manipulated by this bitch and the other God of War. Hercules and Ares went to find you and...."

"IOLAUS!" The demigod shouted. He ran down the hall and stopped before his lovers, pausing, looking from Iolaus to Karen and back again.

"It's okay now Herc," Iolaus said. "We were..."

"...being manipulated." Hercules finished for him. "I know."

"Hercules, I said some things that I..."

"Me too Iolaus." The demigod leaned down and kissed his lover, pulling Iolaus tightly to him.

"How nice," Ares said, shaking his head in disbelief. "Two God's of War here, chaos running rampant, and you two find time for a fuzzy moment."

"I have to agree with him boys," Karen said. "Much as I enjoy watching the two of you, I think there are more important things."

"I need to find Cupid," Ares said. "He has to go back to his world. The balance is off. The other Ares said that chaos was running loose on his world, and this world cannot have two God's of War present."

"Wait a second Ares," Iolaus said. "You were on his world before and this didn't happen. Why is it happening now?"

"Because I didn't interfere with the balance of things. Just being here won't cause this. He is exercising his powers here, and that's what's doing it."

"Autolycus," Karen whispered.

"What about Autolycus?" Iolaus asked.

"Iolaus, I ran into him after I ran away from you. We went to Mycenae and there were some men there. Slavers. They have him. They said they're going to ship him to Ceos, to the slave camps there." She paused and the tears started to fall. "Iolaus, they hurt him. They hurt him badly. He may already be dead. We have to go after him."

"Hercules," Ares said. "We need to find Cupid. He has to be nearby. I don't think he'd leave *her*."

Thay heard a noise behind them and Herc whirled ready to punch whoever it was. "Antaeus!" He shouted, pulling the warrior into a hug. "I heard you were now Captain of the Guard."

"There he goes again," Ares said, throwing his hands up in the air. "What is it with you and the fuzzy moments Hercules?"

"Look guys," Karen said. "Could you discuss Herc and his Hallmark moments later? I think we should get going. Oh and you...uh...Antibiotic...you watch her. If she moves, kill her."

"It's Antaeus, and I am Captain of Iphicles' Guard." He stood proud and defended his name.

"Whatever," she said. "Just watch her okay?"

"Do it," Jason said. Antaeus nodded. He turned to the woman on the floor and watched as she vanished.

"This is nice," Karen said. "My evil twin is running around loose, the world is out of balance, Autolycus is probably dead by now, and my lover slept with her. IOLAUS! How could you not know it wasn't me!"

"Jason, you said she had scars," Hercules said. "Wouldn't Iolaus have seen them?"

"Not if Cupid were hiding them," Ares answered. "Like I said, I don't think he's been too far from her. But if he had to leave for a while, it's possible the spell wore off briefly. Jason could have seen the scars then."

"Phantoms," Herc said. Ares nodded.

"Hallucinations?" Karen asked. Another nod. "I'm going to get a horse. I'm heading to Mycenae."

"Not without me you're not," Iolaus said.

"Iolaus, I think Hercules and Ares may need your help more then Jason and I will," Karen said.

"No way," Iolaus answered. "Besides, everytime I let you out of my sight something happens. I'll be more comfortable if I can keep an eye on you."

"Suit yourself," she said.

They all took off...Herc and Ares on a search for Cupid and the other Karen, and Jason, Iolaus and Karen off to rescue Autolycus.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hercules and Ares were searching the rooms in the castle.

"Can't you use *your* powers for anything?" Herc asked. "And where is Iph? He should have been here by now. I was sure Antaeus would get him."

"In answer to question one, no I can't. I can't even locate Iphicles. As for question two, he'll show up. He has a knack for showing up at the strangest moments."

"Yeah I know," Herc said, looking into a room. "He hadn't visited me in months and the night he decided to show up, Iolaus was showing me a new..." he couldn't help blushing, "...way of doing 'things'.

"You know little brother, besides the fact that you annoy me to no end, I find it difficult to believe *we* are related simply from your archaic views on sex." He opened a door and rolled his eyes at the three guards naked on the bed. "You have a man and a woman in your bed whenever you want, you probably get it alot more then I do, and still you can't talk about it. What is your problem?"

Herc opened a door and turned red at the guard tied to the bed, two women standing over him. He turned to Ares. "Okay, okay. So I'm old-fashioned."

"Old-fashioned? Hercules, you get any more prudish and you'll make Artemis seem like a slut."

"At least I don't hump everything that moves," Herc fired back. "*I* stay faithful to the ones I love."

"For your information, I have been faithful to Iphicles from the beginning. Strange, but true. And at least I only have one lover." Ares got a smug look and Herc laughed.

"You! One Lover?! Since when?"

"Since I threatened to cut his balls off." Iphicles was standing behind them. "Antaeus told me what's going on. I think I may know where they are. Follow me."

Hercules and Ares looked at each other, but followed. A rat crossed their path but Iphicles kept going.

"He's scared shitless of rats," Herc whispered. "Since we were kids and I put one in his bed." Ares raised an eyebrow, but they continued following anyway. They got to a room and Iphicles opened the door, walking in. Hercules and Ares just stared in shock.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Iolaus and Karen had been fighting since they left Corinth. Jason was ready to run them both through with a sword to shut them up.

"You *should* have known it wasn't me," Karen said.

"And if I didn't? At least I didn't sleep with Autolycus." Iolaus glared at her.

"What makes you think I slept with him?"

"You're not denying it are you?"

"I'm not admitting it!"

"But you're *not* denying it!"

"Alright," she said, stopping her horse and dismounting. "Get off your damn horse."

"What?" Iolaus asked.

Karen grabbed him and pulled him to the ground and laid a punch in his face. "*You* want a fight...let's have one!"

Iolaus jumped on his feet, throwing her backwards and knocking her flat on her back. He pounced on her, straddling her hips and Karen leered at him. She pushed up against him, one hand caressing his chest, he closed his eyes...and she punched him in the jaw. He fell backwards and *she* was atop *him*. She reached down and pulled Iolaus' dirk from his boot and put it at his throat.

"Do you feel lucky Iolaus?" she asked. He started to move, and she laughed. "Go ahead...make my day."

A sword at her throat and Jason said, "Don't do anything you'll regret Karen. Cupid is causing this."

Karen didn't move. "You think you're quicker then I am Jason? You cut me and I'll cut Iolaus. I mean it won't matter anyway. Hades will send him back. He's done it four times." Jason pressed the sword harder to her throat and she acquiesed and moved off Iolaus.

"How do you know about my deaths?" Iolaus asked. "I never told you and it's not something that anyone discusses."

"Hades told me," Karen said flatly. At his surprised look she nodded. "Yeah Iolaus. I'm dead. I died on my way back from Mycenae...broke my neck. Hades let me come back for a little while to help you. But I have to go back to him when this is finished. I gave my word."

She turned away and remounted her horse, not wanting to look at him anymore. "Let's get going. Autolycus awaits." She brought the horse to an immediate gallop and Iolaus and Jason remounted.

"I'm not going to lose her Jason," Iolaus said.

"You may not have much choice," Jason answered.

They stared at each other and took off after her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hercules and Ares couldn't believe the sight in front of them. Cupid, *their* Cupid, was chained to a wall. Next to him was Psyche, and next to her was Iphicles.

"Looks like you were right," Ares said. "Although I wish you weren't."

The Iphicles standing in front of them began to morph into another form. Cupid...the

black-winged God of War.

"Welcome to my party guys. Oh, if you're thinking of ruining things, let me give you something to ponder. Hyllus and Bliss are with Karen. You know how she is..." He glared at them. "...not exactly fond of kids. And yeah...I know...'I won't get away with this.' Well, I already have. Who's going to stop me?" He laughed maliciously and Ares stepped forward, only to be stopped by Hercules.

"Don't Ares," he said, with a warning tone. "We can't risk Hyllus and Bliss' lives." He looked at Cupid. "What do you want?"

"I wanna play a game." He glared at Ares. "*My* father never played games with me. But you...you're different."

"I don't play games," Ares sneered.

"Pity," Cupid said, picking up his bow and aiming it at Iphicles. "Do you know what *my* arrows do? How would you like your sweet Iphy here to be like *my* Uncle Herc?" Hercules shuddered, a movement not lost on Cupid. "Yeah Herc," he said. "Your brother running around like my loony uncle. Now are you going to play a game with me or not?"

"What kind of game?" Hercules asked.

"Very simple," Cupid answered. "You have two hours to find Hyllus and Bliss. If you find them and bring them back here, I'll let them go. Their parents, on the other hand, well we'll see. As *my* sweet Karen would say, you have no fucking choice."

"And if we don't make it back in two hours?" Ares asked.

"Then they *all* disappear from this world...and...well...they'll never be seen around here again."

He vanished and Hercules was immediately at Iph's side pulling at the chains. Ares was doing the same to Cupid. They couldn't break them.

"Made by the *other* God of the Forge," Ares said.

"Now what?" Herc asked.

Psyche spoke. "You go and find our children. Nothing else matters." Cupid and Iphicles nodded in agreement.

"But...." Herc started to say.

"No buts Herc," Iphicles said softly. "I will die so that my son can live. Just as they would also, and just as you would if it were Aeson, Klonus, or Ilea. Now get moving. He only gave you two hours."

Herc and Ares looked at each other, then back at the other three.

"We'll be back, with the kids, in two hours." Herc said.

"Then, I am going to send that smart-mouthed little bastard back to his world in a couple of pieces," Ares added.

 

Part 7

 

It was Hercules who had the idea. Later on, he and Ares would argue over who thought of it, but now....

"The other world," Herc said. "That *has* to be where he has them."

"Okay, and how would you suggest we get there? I can't use my powers remember. At least not that well."

Cupid was watching and was not a bit happy. 'They are smart. But not smart enough.' He picked up the other Cupid's bow and aimed it at Hercules. 'Two hours can go by very fast when you're having fun,' he thought, and let the arrow fly. The shot was dead on. Hercules felt it, and turned, looking down at his ass, but the arrow had already disappeared. He turned and looked at Ares, a leer crossing his face.

Ares had seen the arrow, and put two and two together. "He shot you with one of Cupid's arrows."

"I want you Ares," Herc said, lunging at his brother. Ares moved, and Herc quickly spun around, grabbing his brother by the waist and knocking him to the floor. "I said *I WANT YOU*!" He pulled Ares into a hard kiss, and Ares pushed him away.

"Herc, if you still want me later, you can have me, okay. But not now."

Ares started to get up and Hercules growled at him. "No Ares...NOW!" With a strength and ferociousness the God of War didn't know was inside his brother, Hercules pushed him back down, and knelt between his legs. "I'm going to fuck you Ares, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it." The demigod's voice was low, and his eyes were half-slitted and black with his desire and want for the dark God. He undid Ares belts and codpiece, taking Ares pants down with a deftness Ares had never seen. Ares watched as Hercules leaned back and stood, pulling off his boots, pulling his shirts off, and taking his pants down. For a brief moment Ares forgot about what they were doing and stared at his brother's naked body. Then he remembered and he started to get up again, but Hercules' body was over his before he could move. The demigod pulled Ares into a kiss, pushing his tongue over Ares lips, finding Ares tongue and sucking on it. His free hand found its way to Ares' cock, and he played with it for a while, til the first drops of precum were leaking out. He stroked Ares faster, and the God writhed against Herc's body, Herc's tongue sucking Ares' tongue harder. He wound his fingers in Ares hair and pulled it hard, and the War God came over Herc's hand and chest. Ares collapsed to the floor, a bit drained.

Before he had a chance to move, he felt fingers entering him, and realized the demigod hadn't had release. Herc gently pushed two fingers further in until he hit Ares pleasure spot and the God suddenly thrust up at him. Then, as suddenly as they had entered, the fingers were gone, and Ares groaned at the loss. Then he felt Hercules' thick shaft at his ass, and Hercules was teasing him with it, rubbing it along the crack.

"I'm a prude Ares?" Herc asked, with a grin. He thrust into his brother in one fluid move, pulling almost all the way out and thrusting in again. He did this slowly for a while, then began to fuck Ares faster. "You are a nice fuck." He grasped Ares hardening shaft and began to stroke it in time with his thrusts, rubbing his thumb over the sensitive slit each time his cock brushed Ares' prostate. "You're going to cum in my hand again Ares..." Herc stroked Ares' cock harder. "...and I'm going to cum in your tight ass..." Herc pounded him harder. "Now Ares...NOW!" Once again, Ares exploded in Hercules' hand, and the demigod came within him. Herc continued to fuck him until his own cock was flaccid, finally gentling himself from Ares. He stood, licking his hand, sucking on his fingers, tasting that which was his brother, and started to put on his clothes. He stared down at Ares.

"Ares, I came, it's done. We don't have much time left." Ares wasn't moving. He was just staring at Hercules. "ARES!" The God finally came to his senses, and stood also, pulling on his clothes as well.

When they were dressed, they looked at each other.

"Tell anyone about this..." Ares said.

Hercules finished. "...and I will kill you."

"Agreed!" Both men said. They both had the same thought. "ARTEMIS!"

The Goddess of the Hunt appeared, looking a bit disheveled. At their looks, she smiled. "Harmonia and Deimos...a race...Harmonia won and Deimos threw a temper tantrum."

"What else is new," Herc mumbled. "Look sis, we need a portal open to the other world. Ares, you want to fill her in?"

Ares looked at Artemis and mentally gave her the details. When he finished he said, "So stay away from them. I won't risk their lives."

Artemis nodded, replying, "Okay Ares, lets do it." Between Artemis' full power, and Ares' depleted reserves, they managed to get the doorway open.

"Artemis, how long can you keep the door open?" Herc asked.

"As long as you need. But don't take too long." The men nodded and disappeared into the vortex.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jason, Iolaus, and Karen arrived in Mycenae at dusk, and there was not a soul in sight. Karen dismounted and began to take a look around. Iolaus ran after her and grabbed her by the arm.

"We search together," he told her.

"Iolaus, we'll make better time if we split up. I'm already dead so it doesn't matter about me. Besides, I can take care of myself, remember?"

"Yeah, you take care of yourself so well that you ended up dead. Look, I know what you saw must have upset you, but why didn't you talk to me...or to Herc...or Jason? You believed what you saw."

"Just drop it Iolaus okay. I'm dead, Hades wants me back when I'm done and I gave my word. Right now, I just want to find Autolycus. And whatever happened between me and him, it happened and it is over. As my Gran used to say, concentrate on the task at hand."

A noise heard, they both jumped back, swords drawn. Three men came out of the dark alley.

"So you decided to come back huh?" One asked, looking at Karen.

"I missed that nice piece of ass," said another.

"What?" Iolaus said softly, staring at the men.

"Yeah...the bitch fucks real good. But her screaming is even better."

Iolaus didn't hesitate. His sword ran through two of the men in seconds, and he was about to kill the third when Karen blocked his sword with her own.

"No...no more. Iolaus, you're the one that told me that killing solves nothing. We need to find Autolycus." The man grabbed a knife from his boot and Karen stabbed him through the heart. "Of course self-defense is another story."

"What happened?" Jason asked, from behind them.

Karen turned and smiled. "Self-defense." Jason just nodded, raising an eyebrow at her. "This way," she said, leading them to the walled place where she had last left Autolycus.

"I say we head straight in," Iolaus said.

"Element of surprise," Karen agreed.

"Not yet," Jason said. "We don't move til just before dawn. Best time to hit them. We need to make camp for tonight."

They mounted their horses. "We passed a lake on the way up," Karen said. "We have a full moon to guide us, and we can camp on the far side of the lake. We won't be seen. Jason's right. The best time to hit the enemy is just before dawn."

"Was that something you learned from your grandmother?" Jason asked. "About the lake and hiding...or were you in the military?"

"Worse," she grimaced. "Camp Wamachuck...it was for girls only. And across the lake was Camp Annawana...it was for boys. Amazing what you can learn when you want to kiss a boy."

They made it to a clearing, yet they were hidden by the nearby trees. They unsaddled the horses, and Iolaus set about making a fire. Karen immediately threw some dirt over it.

"What did you do that for?" Iolaus yelled.

"She did the right thing Iolaus," Jason said. "A fire would give us away."

Karen giggled. "So much for 'Old hunter's tricks' oh mighty hunter."

"Then I guess we're having nuts and berries for dinner," Iolaus groaned.

"Not me," Karen said. "I'm having fish. That lake has got to be rife with food."

She pulled off her boots, then her pants, followed by her shirt, and stood there naked. Jason turned bright red, and looked away, and Iolaus just stared at her.

"I'm having sushi...and I need a bath. Later guys." She pulled her blanket out of her pack and walked down to the lake.

Iolaus turned to Jason. "Sushi?"

"How should I know?" Jason replied. "If I were you, 'Oh mighty hunter', I'd go and have a talk with her. If she goes back to Hades, he won't let her out. Find out what happened."

Iolaus nodded, grabbed another blanket, and headed after her.

"Looks like I'll be sleeping alone tonight," Jason mumbled to himself. "Nuts and berries Jason. Yeah, food for a *real* man." He sneered and went to get some dinner for himself.

Iolaus quietly entered the lake, and swam under, grabbing Karen by the leg and pulling her down. They surfaced, and she grinned at him.

"Wondered how long it would take you." She flung a fish at him. "Dinner for me." She went under again, and came up with another fish. "Dinner for you." She tossed it onto shore, and came out of the water. "That's enough bath for me." Spreading out the blanket she lay down, putting her hands under her head. Iolaus spread his blanket next to her, and turned so he was facing her.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked.

"What, my death or Autolycus?" She turned and faced him, laying her head in the crook of her arm.

"Both...or neither. I won't push it. I just can't understand why you took what you saw in Cupid's temple at face value."

"Iolaus, *if* I had asked you or Herc about it, well, you wouldn't have known you were shot, and I would have thought Herc was lying about what happened after. I wasn't thinking." She cocked an eyebrow at him. "Something you have a propensity for doing."

"A pro-what?" He asked. "I wish you'd stop using those big words. Can't you just talk plain and simple for once?"

She laughed. "It means you do the same thing. Only more often." Her smile softened and her voice got quieter. "I have to go back to Hades. If I don't he'll come after me. You know that Iolaus. And why didn't you ever tell me you were dead?"

"It's not exactly something I bring up in general conversation. I guess I never thought it was important. If I thought you'd wanted to know I would have told you."

"I'm not mad. I was kind of surprised that's all. Charon, he got kind of upset when I told him I knew you. Then Hades showed up. He said that everyone says they know you because they think he'll let them come back. I love you Iolaus. I know I don't tell you that much anymore, but maybe I should. I guess I've been taking it for granted. I should have talked to you, you're right about that and I am sorry. Maybe if I'd...."

Iolaus kissed her. "You're babbling." Another kiss, and he pulled her atop him, his hands rubbing her back. "I should have known *she* wasn't you." He kissed her harder and rolled on top of her, his mouth moving to her neck. He sucked and bit at one spot for a while, Karen moaning beneath him. By the time he moved his mouth, she had a purplish bruise. "Just marking my property," he said, smiling at her. His lips moved further down, kissing her everywhere, taking each breast into his mouth, making love to them. He kissed further down, finally kneeling between her legs. His teeth nipped along her thighs, and she grabbed him by the hair, pulling his mouth to her pussy. He moved his hands to her crotch, speading her slowly, and dipped his tongue in, tasting her. Karen pushed towards him, and he licked her faster, drawing her closer to him. He lifted his mouth from her wetness, and moved back, lifting her legs onto his shoulders, pushing two fingers into her, fucking her slow and deep with his fingers, while his thumb played with her clit. Karen reached up and grabbed one of his nipples, pinching it. Iolaus moaned and fucked her faster, while his other hand stroked himself hard. He slowed his fingers, gentling them from her, his thumb remaining on her clit, continuing to massage it. He teased her with the tip of his cock, touching it along her slit, and she arched her back, causing him to sheath himself within her. He stilled, his hands finding purchase on her ass, and he grabbed her cheeks, pulling her hard onto his cock, pushing her off, and pulling her back. Karen's hands were gripping the blanket beneath her, writhing so viciously against Iolaus that he nearly lost his grip on her. He moved his hands to her hips so he could keep better control of her, and pounded into her hard, his eyes meeting hers as they climaxed together. Karen lay there, arms outstretched above her head, writhing against him, feeling her orgasm wash over her. Iolaus held her hips so tight while he came that he left bruises. He collapsed atop her, her legs falling from his shoulders, resting at his sides. Karen pulled him into a kiss.

"I love you my hunter," she said sweetly, kissing him again.

He grinned at her. "I love you too. Even though you are nuts."

"Thanks Iolaus. That's the nicest compliment anyone's ever given me."

Iolaus pulled the other blanket over them, taking Karen into his arms and holding her closely. "You're not going back to Hades," he stated flatly.

"Not now Iolaus. Time for sleep." Karen made a big production of yawning, and the hunter got the hint. He closed his eyes and felt content, falling asleep within a few minutes. She heard him snoring, and heard her stomach growling. She reached over and picked up the fish, and began to eat.

"Well, it's better then nuts and berries," she mumbled to herself, took a few more bites, and went to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They awoke at first light, made love, got washed in the lake, and dressed. They headed back to Jason, and found his camp, but no sign of the man himself.

A sound behind them and they turned and saw Jason, with a knife to his throat.

The man holding the knife leered at Karen. "Miss me?" he asked.

"Actually no," she said. "I think you're a pig."

"Maybe I should cut his throat." The knife pressed against Jason's throat and a couple of drops of blood dripped down his neck.

Karen drew her sword. "Where is Autolycus?"

"Wouldn't you like to know? Now put down the sword or the old man here is dead meat."

Karen laughed. "Old man!" Iolaus joined her and Jason got the hint. With an elbow to the thugs stomach, the thug dropped the knife and Jason flipped him onto his back. Before the man could move, Karen's sword was at *his* throat.

"Now, if you wouldn't mind answering my question...where is Autolycus?" The thug shook his head. Karen moved her sword halfway down his body to his crotch. She pressed the tip of the blade onto his penis. "This sword can cut through leather. So I suggest you tell me what I want to know or you're gonna lose something that is real important to you. TALK!" The thug gulped, and slowly moved his hand, pointing. "Thanks," she said, and kicked him in the face, knocking him out.

Karen sighed. "I knew that would work. It always did in the movies. We will now be able to rescue the King of Thieves. And we should walk. Easier to surprise 'em." She took off and Jason grabbed his sword, and the two men followed her.

"Would you really have...you know...cut it off?" Jason asked her.

Karen giggled. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

Both men looked down at their own 'manliness', and the rest of the walk was very quiet.

 

Part 8

 

"Well, which way now?" Ares asked Hercules. "You do know where you're going, don't you?"

"For the tenth time, I do." Herc was doing his best to keep his voice steady. One more complaint out of Ares and he was going to do his older brother physical harm. "We are going to Ares' temple. He might be able to help us find the kids."

"Hercules!" A shout behind them, and Herc found himself pulled into a hug by Joxer. The *other* Joxer. "I never thought I'd see you again." He looked at Ares. "Oh...you must be the other Ares." He looked back at Herc. "Where's Iolaus?"

"He's back on my world. He has his own battles to fight."

"Where is everybody?" Ares asked.

"Gone," Joxer said. "Ares told them to get out of here. Soldiers are running wild. Without a sitting God of War...."

"We've seen it on our world," Hercules said. "We know. What we have to do is find two children. *Our* Cupid's son and *our* Iphicles' son Hyllus."

"They're in Ares' temple. Not far from here. Apollo brought them from the underworld." As they walked Joxer continued to fill them in. "*She* had an accident and died. He brought her back thinking she was helping the children. But as soon as he released her, Cupid put a bond of protection on her. Apollo can't touch her."

"But where is *she*?" Hercules asked.

"That's the weird part," Joxer said. "Apollo can't take her back to the underworld, but other then that, she's mortal. It took me and four soldiers to restrain her, but we did it. She fights like a lion, that one."

Hercules turned to Ares. "She's dead, or she was. That means ours is, or was, too. Hades let her out for a reason. Iolaus is not going to be happy about this."

"I wouldn't worry about that now Hercules," Ares said. "You can fight Hades for her soul later. Right now we have to get...."

"Grandpa Ares!" "Uncle Herc!" Bliss and Hyllus came running out of the temple...followed by a half-dead God of Love and a frazzled Iphicles. Both looked like they had been to war.

The son's of Zeus, held the boys, and headed back to the portal.

"Wait a second," Ares said. "We're not keeping *her*." Beside him appeared the other Karen, all tied up and gagged.

Hercules and *his* Ares looked at each other, and shook their heads.

"You keep her," Herc said.

"She doesn't belong on our world," said Ares.

"Take her back or I turn her loose in your world," the God of Love stated. "She is *not* staying here."

Hercules growled at him, nodded, went over to her and hoisted her over his shoulder. "I'll get you for this Ares."

The God of Love smiled. "Promises, promises."

They walked off toward the vortex, and Herc turned to his brother. "When you get your powers back, would you do *something* to him?"

"It would be my pleasure," Ares replied, turning and sneering at his twin.

They got to the portal and Herc put Karen down. "Hold on to them. They get lost in there we'll never find them." Ares nodded. "Then lets go home."

Ares went first and disappeared. Herc looked at Karen. "I don't know what we're going to do with you, but I can assure you, it will not be pleasant." He picked her up and jumped.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Iolaus, Jason, and Karen reached the stronghold. The gates were open and there were bodies everywhere. Men, women, and children. Some stabbed, some gutted. Jason and Iolaus just stared, both fighting to keep down the bile that was threatening to erupt from their stomachs. Karen, however, was in a state of shock. She wandered through the bodies, lifting them, tossing them aside, ignoring everything she saw.

"Autolycus." One word out of her mouth. She was running wildly through the bodies, starting to panic, the shock wearing off, the reality setting in. She heard a groan, and pulled a body up. It was a young girl, about six years old.

"I hid," the girl said. "Under him. He's dead you know. They're all dead." Karen gathered the girl in her arms and picked her up, holding her close. Her legs were going out from under her, and Jason saw and took the child from her arms. Iolaus moved to her, but there were more noises, these coming from the cells. Karen went to the door and opened it, seeing a few more victims, some chained to the walls. While Iolaus was picking locks, she ran from one to the other, looking at their faces, but no Autolycus. She looked at Iolaus, and shook her head.

"Hey, you're the woman who was with the King of Thieves weren't you?" A man asked.

Karen nodded and the man pointed to the corner. Shackled, bruised, naked, and bloody, but alive. "Autolycus!" She shouted and ran to him. She was about to hug him when she remembered what had happened to his arm. "Iolaus!"

Iolaus finished with the last of the locks and came over. "It needs to be cleaned and it needs a splint."

"You know how to do that?" She asked hopefully.

"Yeah, I do. But I need you to hold him still. Can you do that?" Karen nodded. "Good, because this is going to hurt." Iolaus looked at Autolycus. "Auto, grit your teeth and I'll do this as painlessly as possible."

Autolycus nodded, and shut his eyes. Iolaus kept his word, working quick. Autolycus only shouted once, then passed out from the pain. Karen turned and threw up.

By early afternoon, the dead were being burned on mass pyres, with prayers that their souls go to the Elysian Fields. By evening, people from neighboring townships, having heard what happened, were coming and helping out. Healers came, and one worked on Autolycus for almost an hour.

"Is he going to be okay?" Karen asked the healer, when he was finally done.

"It will be a while, but yes. He'll be fine...he'll heal." He moved on to the next victim.

Iolaus smiled at her. "I promise to wait until he's healed before I kill him."

"Iolaus you promised...."

He shook his head. " I never promised not to kill him for touching you."

"Iolaus please. I don't know how much time I have before Hades. I can't...."

A flash of light and Hades was before them. "Time to come back with me," he said matter-of-factly. "You gave your word."

Karen nodded and tried to move, but Iolaus held her tight. "Hades...please. Let her stay with me. I lost her once...I can't go through it again. Please."

"I'm sorry Iolaus," Hades said softly. "I made a deal with her. You can be assured though, that she will have a place in the Elysian Fields. She'll be waiting for you."

"Iolaus, it's time to let me go," Karen whispered. "I'll wait for you. Along with every other woman there who's ever known you." She kissed him gently and pushed him away. "I have to go. I love you."

They vanished, leaving the hunter standing there, staring into empty space. Jason had been watching and came over, putting a hand on Iolaus' shoulders. "It's okay buddy. It'll be alright." Iolaus turned and glared at him.

"No," he whispered. "It won't."

He turned away, walking off, not wanting anyone to see the tears that were coming down his face.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ares and Hercules appeared back in their own world, Artemis staring at them.

"Auntie Artemis!" Bliss yelled, running to her. "It's really you!"

"Yes it's me," Artemis said. She looked at the woman Herc had over his shoulder. "What is *she* doing here?"

"Long story," Herc said. "Tell you later."

"Uncle Herc?" Hyllus asked. "Where's my daddy?"

"We have to get back to the dungeon," Herc said.

"Nooo," Ares replied sarcastically. "Come on."

They ran quick, getting there just as time had run out.

"We're back," Ares sneered, staring at Cupid. "Let them go." Cupid waved his hand and Iphicles, Psyche, and Cupid were freed. "This is between you and me."

"Don't think so," Cupid laughed. He vanished, and Karen vanished from Herc's shoulder at the same time.

"Ares, can you track them?" Herc asked. "And find Iolaus, Jason, Autolycus, and Karen and bring them back here. Oh, and while you're at it, do you think you could...."

"Look Hercules, I can't do very much right now. Cupid is still disrupting my power. I'm going to concentrate on finding *him*. Ask Artemis or somebody else for the rest." He vanished.

"ARTEMIS!" Hercules yelled. She appeared with the children.

"Daddy!" Hyllus ran to Iphicles, who picked his son up. "Daddy I missed you."

"I missed you too little one," Iphicles said with a big smile.

"Mommy, daddy," Bliss yelled. "Can we go home now? I'm tired." Psyche held her son tight and looked at Cupid.

"Take him Psyche. I have to stay here." Psyche kissed her husband, whispering, "Die on me and I'll kill you," and vanished.

"Cupid, can you bring them back here?" Herc asked.

Cupid nodded. A thought later, and Jason, Iolaus, and Autolycus were before them. Iolaus spoke to Artemis.

"Heal Autolycus...please...the healer said he'll be fine in time but...."

"Well, being that he did manage to steal my bow...." A wave of her hand and Autolycus looked good as new...on the outside. But Jason and Iolaus knew it would be a while before his insides healed. The emotional pain would take a long time to heal, if it ever did.

"Where's Karen?" Hercules asked.

"With Hades." Iolaus answered sharply. "She's not coming back."

"I'll deal with that later. Right now Iolaus, the other God of War is loose, with *his* Karen, and Ares went after him. I have a bad feeling about this. Artemis, can you send us to him?"

"I don't know Herc," she answered. "I mean, yeah I could, but I don't know if that's such a good idea. These are two Gods of War. Not a good thing to get in the middle of."

"I don't care. Just do it." Artemis nodded. "Oh and Artemis, keep an eye on things here. Nothing gets in or out unless Iphicles or Jason knows about it." Another nod and the two men were gone.

Cupid looked at his aunt. "Why am I here?"

"Decoration nephew," Artemis said, with a laugh. "Help me keep an eye on things like Herc said. Anything moves, vaporize it."

"Cool!" He said. "I can do that."

"Keep an eye on my son," Iphicles told Cupid, handing Hyllus over to him. "Anything happens to him and I'll...."

"You don't need to say it Iphicles," Cupid answered. Iphicles nodded, and he and Jason headed to the guardhouse. They needed the troops at full readiness. If the two Gods of War battled, all Tartarus would break loose.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hercules and Iolaus materialized in an open field, trees in the distance. Herc caught an arrow that would have hit Iolaus right in the heart.

"Open season on demigods and hunters!" Karen yelled, shooting another arrow. This one hit Hercules in the upper thigh and the demigod fell. Karen loaded another arrow, and was about to shoot, when she was grabbed from behind.

"Nobody hurts my brother but *ME*!" Ares shouted. He punched her so hard that she flew about thirty feet, landing on the ground, out cold. Ares ran to Hercules and Iolaus, and couldn't help smiling. "Leave you alone for five minutes and this happens." He pulled the arrow out, then healed Hercules and laughed. "Good thing that's not one of Cupid's arrows. You owe me Herc."

"Not today Ares," Herc answered, catching one of Cupid's arrows before it entered Ares chest. "We're even." Another arrow and they both jumped out of the way, Herc grabbing Iolaus when he jumped. "Ares get him out of here." Before Iolaus had a chance to protest, he vanished. "Where'd you send him?"

"Back to Corinth...I think...either there or a brothel in Amphipolis," Ares answered. "I figured that...AHHHH" An arrow landed in his shoulder. "This is nice." He yanked it out, and just stared at the wound. "This is going to hurt...later." He materialized two bows, one for him, and one for Hercules. "Fight fire with fire. Swords will do no good. You can't get close enough to him to do any damage. But now we'll be even. You remember how to use one of those?" Herc glared at him. "I'll take that as a yes. Now we take off for those trees." He ran and Hercules followed.

They made it to the trees and Ares started to climb, Herc following. "What are we doing Ares?"

"We're going to take him out," Are said simply.

"If he dies, our Cupid...."

"I didn't say kill him...I said take him out. Jump over to that tree. If you hit him Hercules, make it a dead on shot...his arm or his upper leg would be best. We can't afford a miss. Oh and shoot that bitch if you have a free moment." Herc moved to the next tree and the moment he did, he watched the tree Ares was in get hit by a lightning bolt. Ares fell, his counterpart standing over him.

"Not so big and bad now are you *God*!" Cupid said, kicking him in the side. He lifted Ares up and hit him with such strength, that Ares flew into a tree, landing on his back. He tried to get up, but was lifted again, hit again. He felt the blood coming from his nose, and tried to stand, but a foot caught his jaw and he was out of it. Hercules watched, and aimed his arrow straight at Cupid's upper thigh. But before he could fire, he was hit in the leg again, and fell from the tree. He looked up to see Karen standing over him.

"You die now demigod," she said, pulling a dirk from her boot.

"I don't think so," Artemis said and decked her. Artemis shook her fist. "Damn...twice I've hit her, and twice I hurt myself." She helped Herc up, and pulled out the arrow. As Ares had, she healed him. "It's a good thing these are mortal arrows. If they were Cupid's we'd be in trouble here."

"Then you're in trouble I would say." Another arrow landed in Herc's leg, followed immediately by one in his shoulder and *those* made him scream. "Can't heal him from mine." Cupid laughed and drew his bow for another shot, aimed right at Herc's heart. But before he could let it fly, he was tackled from behind.

"I said *no one* hurts my brother but *me*!" Ares punched him in the face, and got a punch in return. They wrestled for a while, and it looked like Cupid had the upper hand.

"Do something," Hercules said to Artemis. "His powers aren't strong enough. Help him."

"He's going to owe me for this," she said. Allowing energy to flow through her, she gave some of it to Ares, and watched as he jumped to his feet.

"Now...lets do it," Ares said to Cupid. Cupid lunged at him, and Ares vanished, reappearing behind Cupid. Cupid whirled and found himself with a fist in his face. He caught Ares fist before Ares could hit him again, and twisted it. Herc and Artemis heard the bones crack and saw Ares face turn white. Cupid was about to lay another punch in his face when his arm was grabbed from behind...by the other Cupid.

He turned and smiled. "So pretty boy," the winged God of War said. "You gonna make me fall in love with a cow?"

"I may be the God of Love," Cupid said. "But *my* father is the God of War." He threw one hard punch, sending his twin down for the count. "And I learned a few things from him."

He went to his father and helped him up. "You know dad, maybe you should try making love, not war, for a change."

"I'm in too much pain to argue with that," Ares said, smiling at him. "Thanks."

"You owe me," Cupid said. "And you *will* make it up to me." Ares just nodded. They went over to Artemis and Hercules.

"Hurts like Tartarus," Herc said, pointing to his wound.

"Sorry can't heal you little bro'," Ares said with a laugh. "Can't heal myself either." He collapsed, sitting next to Hercules.

"Hey look," Cupid said. They turned to see the vortex opening. Ares God of Love and Demeter stepped through.

"We're taking him back. He'll be punished." Ares stated.

"But don't you need a sitting God of War?" Hercules asked.

"We have a temporary replacement since my son will be out of things for a while. Demeter is usually Goddess of Wisdom, but she's going to sit in for him." Ares tossed his son over his shoulder. "I meant what I said Hercules. Keep *her*," he looked at the unconscious Karen, "in your world. I don't care where she's from."

Hercules just nodded, and the other Gods took Cupid and disappeared, the vortex closing after them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They returned to Corinth, thinking that would be as good a place as any to heal.

Iolaus had been kept busy for three weeks. Everyone had seen to that. They had put him in charge of seeing to it that Herc and Ares rested and healed. He saw that they rested, made them eat, (in his injured state Ares needed some sort of food), stopped them from staying up until all hours of the night playing games, (which nearly involved putting them in separate rooms, on opposite sides of the castle), but he was still miserable. *He* didn't eat, barely slept, and, in general, had the nastiest disposition anyone had ever seen.

He made his peace with Autolycus, (after breaking the thief's nose), but couldn't find his own peace.

The other Karen had been held under tight security, Iphicles making sure that there were around-the-clock guards, and that she had no visitors. The only one who had managed to get in was Iolaus, and it took five guards to drag him off of her. He broke a few of her ribs, her nose, and her arm, and would have done more if he had been allowed.

No one could talk to Hades. He refused to listen to anyone's pleas to let Karen out...not Persephone, nor Artemis, not Cupid, or even Ares, who had made his own plea.

He had made it clear she was staying in his domain.

By the end of the three weeks, Ares and Herc were healed and disappeared for a while. They returned the next day, with a box for Iolaus. The hunter took the package and opened it. Inside there was a sword, like none other he had ever seen. He allowed himself a smile.

"Where'd it come from?" He asked.

"We made it." Ares said with a shrug.

"You deserve it Iolaus," Herc said, smiling at him.

"Thanks," Iolaus said quietly, sheathed the sword, and walked off.

"What are we going to do about him?" Herc asked.

"I have no idea," Ares answered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

For her own part, Karen was making Hades' life a nightmare. She had managed to get into his office and sent some souls bound for Tartarus to the Elysian Fields and vice-versa. She beat up Charon and tossed his boat, while it was full of passengers. Hades was at his wits end. He would have sent her to the deepest bowels of Tartarus, but Persephone wouldn't let him.

"She misses Iolaus," Persephone told him. "Send her back Hades."

"No, I won't. I can't." Persephone let it go...for now.

Karen finally figured a way out. There was only one thing standing in her way of getting back to the real world. Cerberus.

Karen made her way to the dog and sat next to her, petting one of her heads. "I miss Iolaus," she said to Cerberus. "I just want to go back." Cerberus panted at her. "Yeah I know, you can't let me out. But maybe you could come with me. I bet you'd like to see Iolaus again...I mean, you do know Iolaus, don't you?" A loud yip, and her tail started to wag. "Yeah, that's the way I feel too. So, you up for a trip to the...I don't know...the overworld."

Cerberus stood, and Karen smiled. "Then let's go doggie."

They took off for the exit, reaching it after about two hours.

"Ready puppy," Karen asked. A yip. "Then let's go outside."

Charon was frantic. he had searched everywhere for Cerberus, but to no avail. He finally went to see Hades.

"Boss," he whispered. "We got a problem."

"Tell me something I don't know," Hades answered.

"Okay...Cerberus is gone and so is that woman." Charon ducked as a vase came flying at him. "*I* didn't know!" A chair went over his head. Charon turned and ran out of there as fast as his feet would carry him.

"When I find them...."

Hades vanished, a scowl on his face that would have scared Hera to death.

 

Part 9

Karen and Cerberus hit the outside, but it was night and she had no idea where they were. 'Dog's track things. He's the guard dog of the Underworld....' Aloud she said, "Can you find Hercules?" She smiled and all three of Cerberus' heads barked and the dog took off, Karen running after her. She finally made Cerberus stop when she thought her heart would burst from the exertion. "We take a break here." She sat against a tree, and the dog wandered off. A moment later she smelled something and smiled. "Glad I don't have to pooper-scoop a dog that size," she giggled to herself. They took off again about fifteen minutes later, at a slower pace.

It was the middle of the night when Hercules and Iolaus heard the pounding on the door. Herc opened it and couldn't decide if he should laugh or not. Iolaus looked out as well, staring in shock. There was Karen, *their* Karen, with Cerberus.

She had a big grin "Can we keep her Iolaus? Please? She followed me home. I promise to take care of her and I...."

A flash of light and there was Hades, not looking very happy. "Time to go back," he said.

Karen shook her head. "I'm not going! And neither is she." Cerberus responded with three nods as well, and stepped behind Karen. "See. She wants to stay with me."

Hercules stepped forward. "Maybe we can work something out."

Hades shook his head. "Not this time Hercules."

"Herc, come here for a minute would you." Iolaus said. "Wait for a minute Hades." Hades nodded and Iolaus and Herc went back inside.

Karen stood her ground. "Not going, you can't make me, so give it up."

"Now look here," Hades said, "you can't...."

"Yes, I can. And I'll tell everyone that your breechclouts have little pictures of puppies on them, and that you sleep with a teddy bear named Pookie when your wife's not around." At his shocked look she continued. "Persephone told me. She said to use it as ammunition."

"Now look here you little...." He didn't get a chance to finish.

"I think we have a solution that should satisfy everybody," Herc said from the doorway. He pulled Hades aside and they whispered for a few moments. When they parted, both men were smiling.

"You have a reprieve," Hades said, looking at Karen. "But Cerberus returns with me."

Cerberus whined, and lay down, all three heads staring at Hades. "All right," Hades said. "She can come visit." All three heads perked up, and she went to Karen, all three heads taking turns licking her.

"Okay, okay," Karen said with a giggle. "I'll come visit you." She glanced at Hades. "Can't help it. Animals like me. I like them too. Better then people."

"Just let Iph know would you?" Herc said.

Hades nodded and both he and Cerberus vanished.

Karen looked at him strangely. "How did you manage that?"

Hercules smiled at her. "I told him he could have your twin, who is in Iphicles' dungeons. In a sense she's you, so it shouldn't mess up his bookkeeping. I don't think we'll have to worry about her bothering us or anyone else again."

Karen smiled and looked at them. "Iolaus, you look like something the cat dragged in, chewed up, and spit out. Herc, what happened to him?"

"You died." The demigod stated.

"Is that all?" Karen asked with a big grin. "Iolaus, I only died once. You've done it four times. You die again and I bet Charon lets you ride the boat for free."

"No more going off on your own," Iolaus stated flatly. "I don't care why."

"Iolaus, we've been down this road before. And I don't want to change the subject, but what happened to Autolycus?"

Herc laughed. "He's fine. Iolaus just broke his nose. But it's okay. Ares fixed it."

"You broke his nose! Iolaus how could you?"

Iolaus smiled. "Like Herc said, Ares fixed it. I missed you you know."

"Don't change the subject," Karen giggled. "How could you break the poor man's nose?"

"I'm glad you're back." Iolaus caressed her cheek with his hand, and she shivered from his touch. "I love you." He pulled her into a kiss that took her breath away. He kept his hand tightly on her arm. "Mine." A whisper of ownership. He kissed her again, and pulled her into the house, but turned back to Hercules. "Coming Herc?"

"Iolaus...."

"Hercules," Karen said. "It's the middle of the night, it's cold, you're half-dressed and I'm free with my favors. Who could ask for anything more?"

Herc smiled, shrugged, and followed them inside.

Iolaus dragged her into the bedroom, and threw her on the bed. Climbing astride her, he tore open her shirt, and leaned down, taking a nipple into his mouth, sucking hard, while he nipped at it. He switched to the other doing the same, his hands undoing the laces on her pants. "I missed you." He pulled back, slowly easing her pants off, pulling off his own, kneeling between her legs. "I want you." He slowly spread them, his fingernails raking along her inner thighs, his mouth returning to her breasts. He played there for a while, then kissed his way down her body, until he reached her pussy. Spreading her slowly, he dipped his tongue in, sucking on her clit, then shifting, lapping at her wetness, listening to Karen's moans. Her hands moved into his hair and she yanked his head hard onto her, undulating against him. It took but a moment until she was in the throes of an orgasm, thrusting up at him. She collapsed onto the bed, and the hunter moved himself, kneeling, stroking his cock while she watched.

He thrust into her in one fluid move, and let loose, pounding into her, not even trying to be gentle. Grasping her by the hips, he held her still, watching his cock move in and out of her. He shifted his hands to her breasts, pulling on her nipples, bending over to suck on them while he continued to fuck her. His breathing was quickening, and he smiled at her. "Cum for me...oh yeah...YES!" He threw his head back and came within her, feeling her pussy clenching his cock harder while she came by his touch again. He continued to fuck her, finally falling atop her, and shifted to his side, holding her close to him. "Such a good girl," he whispered, gently kissing her.

"You're not so bad yourself 'mighty hunter'," Karen giggled. "Oh, by the way, I love you too." She turned, remembering Hercules, and smiled at him.

The demigod was leaning against the door frame, his pants off, stroking his cock while he watched them. Karen got off the bed, and walked to him, kneeling before him, her hands moving up his legs. A brief glance up at his face and she pulled his hand from his cock, taking it into her own hand, stroking him gently, while her tongue licked playfully at the slit. She blew on the head, and the demigod shuddered, pulling her hand from his cock. He wound one hand in her hair, bringing her mouth to his erect shaft, and he watched as her mouth opened to take him deeply, his hands moving to her shoulders to steady himself. Her hands moved to his ass, and she pulled him closer, his musky scent causing her to feel a bit lightheaded. He thrust deeply into her mouth, watching her as she sucked him, moving further back against the two fingers which had found their way to his ass and were fucking him now. Easing her down, not breaking the contact, he lay her on the floor, kneeling above her, continuing to fuck her mouth, not taking his eyes from her face. He felt his release coming, and pulled back, cumming over her face, stroking himself until there was nothing left. She was licking at her face, and Herc bent down, joining her, his tongue helping to clean her up. He kissed her deeply, plunging his tongue deep into her mouth, and she felt a little dizzy when he broke the kiss. He just smiled at her, his mouth moving down her body, gently licking each breast, kissing her abdomen, dipping his tongue into her navel and hearing her giggle. He parted her legs, licking on her clit, feeling her writhe against him.

"Ready to cum?" Herc asked. He didn't give her a chance to respond, grabbing her and pulling her legs over his shoulders, and pulling her pussy to his mouth, so she was practically hanging upside down. He licked her hard, nipping at her clit, moving his head from side to side, tasting deeply with his tongue.

"More please...." Karen begged, her voice ragged.

"I haven't even started yet," Hercules whispered. He buried his face within her again, as one large hand grabbed her around the waist, holding her steady, while the other moved to her breasts, fondling one, playing with the nipple, then moving to the other and doing the same.

Karen was trying to shift herself harder onto the demigod's mouth, but Herc just held her tighter, and she could do nothing but allow him to control what she was feeling. His tongue slowed, until it was lightly laving her wetness. He had brought her to the edge, but hadn't let her cum.

Hercules heard her whimper, and loosened his grip, allowing her some movement, but he didn't return to her pussy. His mouth moved to her ass, and he kissed her cheeks, moving his hands so he could part them. His tongue entered, teasing at first, then slowly pushing its way into her tight hole.

Karen turned her head, and saw Iolaus stroking himself hard, his blue eyes dark with desire while he watched them. Meeting her eyes, Iolaus stood and walked over to them. He stood opposite Hercules, glancing down at the demigod. "Let me help you out here Herc," he said with a sly smile. He moved his fingertips softly along Karen's legs, pressing against her. She could feel his cock on her abdomen, moving in a slow circular motion. He moved two fingers into her pussy, his other hand moving to her ass. He helped Herc spread her wider, and the demigod pushed a finger in while his tongue continued to lick her. Then Herc's tongue was gone, but he pushed another finger in, fucking her ass. Iolaus stepped back, and Hercules let her legs slide from his shoulders, but kept his fingers buried within her, moving them faster. Karen was at the edge again, and started to push violently against his fingers. Hercules slowed, and gentled his fingers from her, replacing them with his cock, which slowly eased its way into her tight aperture, while she continued to writhe against him.

Iolaus moved over her, his mouth on her pussy, while his cock began to fuck her mouth. He spread her, licking her, watching Herc's cock slide in and out of her ass. He moved his fingers into her wetness, matching Herc's rhythm, while his cock fucked her mouth quicker. Karen moved one of her hands to her cunt, getting her fingers wet with her cum. Moving her hand to Iolaus' ass, she pushed two fingers into him, and the three began moving together.

Karen's fingers found Iolaus' pleasure spot and she hit it again and again, and Iolaus shifted onto his knees, shouting "GODS YES!", shooting his load down Karen's throat, her fingers continuing to play with his ass. He moved from her, leaning down and kissing her. Hercules pounded into her ass harder, fingers moving to her pussy, and he came hard, one hand gripping onto her hip so tight that she was going to have a bruise there in the morning. Karen finally convulsed into an orgasm, both men watching her face, her eyes closing, pushing herself off the floor, meeting Hercules' final thrusts.

The demigod gentled himself from her, and smiled down at her. "You're beautiful," he said.

"I think *you* got shot with Cupid's arrow," she said, smiling back.

Herc stood, pulling her to her feet, lifting her in his arms and carrying her to the bed. He lay her down and lay beside her. Turning to Iolaus, he said, "You coming Iolaus? Or do I get her all to myself?"

The hunter grinned and joined them in the bed. "I get your ass tomorrow," he said to Karen. "Yours too," he told the demigod. "Right now, I'm going to sleep."

"Goodnight Iolaus," said Herc.

"Goodnight Herc," Iolaus replied.

"Goodnight Karen," Herc said.

"Goodnight Karen," Iolaus added.

"I'm living with the fucking Waltons. Go to sleep!" Karen groaned, burying her head in the pillow.

The two men smiled at each other and joined her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Karen was awakened by lips on her neck, kisses moving down to her shoulder, and a hand in between her legs. "Leave me alone Iolaus," she grunted, pushing him away. She sat up and grabbed her pants. Pulling them on she said, "You know Iolaus, I was gone for three weeks. You didn't ask me what happened down below. All you wanted to do was get laid." She pulled on her shirt. "You took me straight into the bedroom and I let you." She opened the door and came face to chest with Hercules. "And *you*...you're no better." Karen punched him in the stomach, grimacing from the pain of hitting a demigod, and pushed him aside, stalking out.

"What did I miss?" Herc asked.

"I don't know," Iolaus answered him. "She woke up and decided she hates me, and I guess you too, for taking her to bed last night instead of talking to her about what happened with Hades."

"Another normal day," Herc laughed. "PMS?"

"I don't know. Herc...what exactly is PMS?"

"Ares came up with it to describe Aphrodite. Artemis told me. It means 'Pre Monthly Shitty mood.' It's something that happens to women before they get..." Herc rolled his eyes. "...'that time of the month.'"

"Yeah, well it's not her time...*that* I keep track of. I'm going to talk to her." Iolaus pulled on his pants and sat on the edge of the bed, ready to put on his boots. The demigod sat next to him, and Iolaus felt two large hands rubbing his shoulders.

"Iolaus, maybe you should let her be for a while. She's been through a lot in a really short time. Traveling to the other world, going back to her time, making a decision to stay here. Not to mention dealing with Autolycus and Hades. I think the dying part may have pissed her off a bit." The massage was becoming deeper, Herc's thumbs pressing gently along the back of Iolaus' neck.

"That's just it Herc. She didn't want to talk about it before Hades took her back, and I don't think she wants to now." Iolaus' eyes closed and he leaned his head back against Herc's hands.

"Iolaus, don't push her into talking about it. When she's ready she'll talk." Hercules kissed his lover's neck, one hand slowly moving up and down Iolaus' arm, the other reaching around to Iolaus' chest, feeling the quickening of Iolaus' heartbeat with each kiss and each stroke.

Iolaus turned and faced Hercules. "I don't think...." A kiss from the demigod cut him off.

"That's right Iolaus," Herc said with a smile. "You don't think." A deeper kiss. "Leave her alone for a while." Herc's hand moved in between Iolaus legs, stroking Iolaus' cock thru his leathers. "One way to make sure you leave her alone...keep you busy." Two fingers reached around and pinched a nipple, Iolaus moaning at the touch, falling into Herc's arms, giving himself over to his lover. Hercules lay him down, slowly pulling Iolaus' pants off, spreading the hunter's legs, and crawling between them. Lowering his head, the demigod licked along Iolaus' length, feeling his lover's cock grow under his tongue's touch. His large hands moving to the hunter's hips, Hercules took Iolaus' cock into his mouth, deep throating him, with a rhythm long-ago learned to make the hunter forget all else. His hands finding purchase on Iolaus' ass, he spread the cheeks, pushing a finger in, Iolaus jumping at the sudden entrance. A few minutes of this and another finger joined the first, Herc continuing to suck his lover's cock, while Iolaus writhed against the fingers inside him, his hands grabbing the bedsheets, thrusting into Herc's mouth.

"Hercules!" A shout, and Iolaus spilled his seed down the demigod's throat. Hercules pulled back before Iolaus was done and caught some of his lover's seed in his hand. Smiling at Iolaus, he slowly caressed his own hard cock, spreading Iolaus' sweetness over himself, while Iolaus watched him. Pushing his lover's legs apart, Hercules slowly moved within him, stilling when he had sheathed himself completely. Easing out, the demigod thrust back into his smaller lover hard, watching Iolaus' face and the emotions moving across it. Love, lust, pain, pleasure...it was pushing him to the edge. The demigod took full possession of Iolaus, grabbing Iolaus hard on the hips, pulling him back and forth along his cock. Iolaus relaxed and let himself be used, reveling in the strength controlling him.

"Gods Sweet Iolaus!!" The demigod shouted, cumming with a pounding fury. He fucked Iolaus until he was out of strength, collapsing upon his lover. Shifting slightly, he pulled Iolaus onto his side, gentling himself from the warmth around his cock, holding his lover close. Nuzzling the hunter's neck he whispered, "I love you."

Iolaus moved, turning over to face the demigod. "I love you too Herc. But I love Karen too and I want to go talk to her." He pulled away, getting dressed. "I won't push her Hercules. If she doesn't want to talk, we don't talk." A last kiss on Herc's lips and he walked out.

"He gets to talk to her and I get to fix the damn roof," Hercules said to himself, standing and getting dressed. "Lucky me."

Karen was in the barn, brushing down a horse, and she didn't stop when she heard Iolaus come up behind her. "Touch me and I hurt you." Iolaus took a seat and just watched her.

"It wouldn't hurt to talk. Look, about last night, maybe I wasn't thinking with my brain, nothing new there, and I'm sorry." Iolaus stood and came behind her, grabbing her around the waist. He just held onto her, and kissed her lightly on the neck. "Please talk to me."

She turned, pushing him away. "Shit happens," she said simply, and went back to brushing the horse.

"I know. It happens to me enough. Tell me what happened?" His voice was soft, and she spoke, not turning to face him.

"I believed what I saw...what Cupid showed me. I slept with Autolycus because of it...I think. Iolaus, everything I did..." Her voice quieted and he knew she was crying. "...I still don't understand."

"Understand what? Talk to me." He pulled her into his arms and she let him.

"Why you love me? So many women Iolaus...so many for you. Beautiful, willing women. No strings attached. Hercules, he loves you, and no matter who you slept with, he'd share you. Look at me Iolaus. Really look. What is it about me that you find so damned appealing? You tell me true beauty comes from within. I don't even have that half the time. I sure as hell don't have the beauty on the outside. I have a foul mouth, my hair is ratty, my eyes are puffy, and I don't know why you love me...." The last few words were punctuated with louder sobs, and Iolaus couldn't help laughing. "It's not funny!" She tried to push him away but he held her tighter.

"You still haven't figured it out?" He asked her, still smiling. "I've told you again and again, and I wish you'd believe me. I love you because you're nuts. Because you don't care what people think. You do what you want, when you want. Yes I get angry sometimes, but I wouldn't want you to be different. Your language is a *bit* colorful sometimes, but that's okay. Your hair is fine and if you'd stop crying your eyes wouldn't be puffy. I don't want another woman...I want you. As for Herc, he wouldn't sleep with you if he didn't care. You *know* that." He paused, pushing her away so he could look at her, but still holding her. "As for Autolycus, I talked to him. Before *and* after I broke his nose. I know what happened. To *both* of you."

"I couldn't stop it Iolaus." She was in near hysterics now. "They hurt him...he screamed and they hurt him more. I don't know why they did it. There was no reason." She held onto him tightly, afraid to let go. "They hurt me too but...but Autolycus...he...Iolaus I called you but you weren't there."

"Shhh," Iolaus crooned, holding her. "It's okay. I'm here now...I'm sorry I wasn't there. Oh Gods, I wish I could take your pain away....make you forget."

"Just hold me...don't let me go."

"Never...never again. No one is *ever* going to hurt you again." Iolaus just continued to hold her while she cried. "I won't let it happen."

Her cries subsided, but he kept holding her, until she finally shifted, turning to face him.

"I must look a mess huh?" She asked him.

"No more so then usual," he smiled. "You okay now?"

Karen nodded. "I wanna finish cleaning the horses. Don't you have something to do?"

He giggled. "Nah...Herc's fixing the roof. I have nothing to do right now."

"Iolaus, where'd ya get the cool sword?" She motioned to the corner of the barn.

"I forgot all about that." He walked over and picked it up, handing it to Karen. She took it and moved with it. It was light as a feather.

"This is magnificent Iolaus." She stared closely at it. "I feel like I know this sword. Like I've seen it before. And how come you're not using it?"

"You couldn't have seen it before. Herc and Ares made it for me. After they fought Cupid...the other Cupid."

"Iolaus, I didn't think they had a fight with *our* Cupid." She sat beside him, holding the sword, staring at it. It just looked so familiar. Shrugging off the feeling she turned to him. "Tell me what happened."

He smiled, and started to fill her in on what had happened while she was in Hades domain.

"HERCULES!" A shout from outside. Iolaus and Karen ran out, to find a young man running toward the house.

"I'm Hercules." Herc jumped down from the roof. "What can I do for you?"

"Just like a superhero," Karen giggled. She shut up when the man collapsed at her feet. She bent down to sit him up and felt the blood. "What happened?" She asked, staring at her blood-soaked hand.

"Ambracia...barbarian...he's giving you five days...if you don't come Hercules, he's going to kill them." Karen held the man, he was starting to shake.

"What man?" Hercules asked.

"Goth...." The man lay still in Karen's arms and she dropped him.

"He's dead."

"Hercules," Iolaus said, "Goth is in Athens, in prison."

"Apparently not Iolaus," Herc answered.

"This guy is *DEAD*!" Karen shouted.

"We'll bury him," Iolaus said. "But if Goth is on the loose, there are going to be a lot more dead bodies."

They buried the man, figuring they'd find out his name later, and prepared to leave.

"Iolaus...." Karen started.

The two men looked at each other.

"Do what you're told." Iolaus stated firmly.

"Don't go off on your own." Herc added.

She nodded in agreement, grabbed her own sword, and the three headed to Ambracia.

"So tell me about Goth...." Karen asked.

 

Part 10

 

They had been walking until the sun had been down for a few hours, talking trivial nonsense, and finally settled down for the night. Herc built a fire, Iolaus caught some fish, and Karen just sat there watching them.

"Okay boys...you told me about the first time you played with Goth. He killed your friend Iolaus, you guys ended up in a castle, etcetera. Then Goth escaped from prison, and you tracked him and brought him back. You make it sound too easy, and I figure there's more to it...is somebody going to tell me what happened or do I have to guess?"

"No," Herc said simply.

"Guess," said Iolaus.

"Okay. This Goth is a barbarian, he's mean and ugly, he picks on the weak and he likes to hurt people." She paused and got two nods. "I wasn't asking. Now, he doesn't like the two of you because you sent him to prison, then he escaped, you brought him back and he wants revenge for that reason right?"

"Sort of," Herc said.

"What do you mean 'sort of'? Would one of you *please* explain everything to me? This is getting a bit annoying."

"The last time we went up against him..." Herc started, looking at Iolaus. "...he got upset because...well...."

"Look Karen," Iolaus said. "I'll be blunt. On the way taking him *back* to Athens, he made a few remarks about me, I answered him, and he wasn't happy with my answers."

"What did he say?" Karen asked, very curious now.

Iolaus smiled. "He wanted to know if I had fucked a man before, and, if I had, was it good. Then he offered his services to me and I gave him my answer...with my fist."

"That it?" She asked.

"Yeah," Iolaus said flatly.

"You lie," Karen said with a glare. "I figure there's more that you're not telling me."

The two men looked at each other, and Hercules spoke, albeit in a quiet tone. "On the way back to Athens, we got jumped by some bandits. One of them tried to stab Iolaus with a sword. Iolaus moved out of the way and the sword, well, Iolaus and Goth have a nice height difference, and well...."

"Well...well??...well what?!"

Iolaus smiled. "Instead of hitting me in the chest, it hit Goth in the...in a *very* painful place."

Karen winced at the thought. "You mean in the...lower extremities?" Two nods. "Owww...I bet that hurt. No wonder he's pissed. Was he...I mean did the sword...." She made a motion with her hand. "....well can he function or is he singing soprano?"

"I don't know if he can function," Iolaus said. "And I don't care."

"Ambracia is what...four days walk? Why didn't we just take the horses?"

"Because..." Iolaus said with a laugh, "...Herc on a horse for two and a half days. One sore demigod. He wouldn't be able to sit for a week."

"One more word out of you," Herc answered, "and *you* won't be sitting for a week."

"Are we gonna play?" Karen asked with a big grin.

"NO!" Both answered in unison.

"You don't love me anymore." She said, still grinning.

"You're right," Iolaus answered with a straight face. "I don't love you anymore. I can't stand you...are you happy now?"

"It doesn't matter to me." Karen stood and moved, kneeling behind the demigod. Hands on his shoulders, she leaned in, trailing kisses on his neck. "I still have *him*." Her hands moved over his shoulders, inside his tunic, right to his nipples, which she pinched with glee.

"Oww!" Hercules yelped. He pulled her hands away and swung her around so she was in his lap. "That hurt."

"I'm sorry Herc," she said softly into his ear, biting the lobe. "I thought you sometimes liked it rough...or is that just with Iolaus?" Before he could respond in any way, she grabbed him by the hair, pulling his mouth to hers, biting his lower lip as she broke the kiss. Pushing him onto his back, she unlaced his boots, pulling them off, her hands moving to his belts, undoing them quickly, pulling down his pants, and freeing his erection from the confines of his leathers. Moving between his legs, she pulled him into a sitting position, kissing him lightly, pulling his shirts off. She pushed him back, raking her nails on his chest with just enough pressure to leave marks. Hercules pushed toward her and she smiled. "A little pain can lead to a lot of pleasure," she whispered. Pulling back, she stood, her shirt coming off, followed by her boots. She unlaced her pants slowly, easing them down, stepping out of them and kicking them so they landed in Iolaus' lap.

She turned, smiling at the hunter, who was sitting against a tree, watching them, a smile on his face. His boots were off and his hands were working on his pants. "Keep going," he said. "Don't stop on my account." Karen turned her attentions back to the demigod, kneeling again between his legs.

Her hands moved to Herc's hips and she leaned down, nipping and licking his inner thighs. His hands tried to move her head closer to his cock, but she pushed them away. "In my time," she said softly. Her mouth reached his balls, and she sucked each one in turn, while her hands slowly caressed from his hips to his shoulders and back again.

"Please...."

She smiled, one last lick to his balls, and she took his cock into her hand and stroked him, gentle strokes when she knew he wanted harder. She kissed the head, snaking her tongue out and licking the precum, glancing up at the demigod while she licked her lips. Hercules grabbed her hair again, and this time she let him take control of her. He guided her mouth onto his cock, and she relaxed herself, taking him deeply. She sucked hard, her tongue playing along the creases, hearing the demigod moaning, feeling his hips pushing up. She tried to pull away, but his hands in her hair pulled her mouth back. "FINISH!" He growled, thrusting into her throat. He pulled her up and down his cock, fucking her mouth, taking her hard. His thrusts came faster, and he came hard, holding her mouth over his cock while she drank what he gave her. Herc finally let her up, cum dribbling from the side of her mouth, and he pulled her body over his, kissing her hard, tasting that which was his, sucking on her tongue. His cock growing hard again, he slipped it within her wetness.

Karen felt hands on her ass, spreading her, and turned to face Iolaus, who met her stare, and slowly sheathed himself within her. Some pain, and she tried to shift, but he held her hips tight, holding her steady. He pulled out and pushed back in, moving gently, finding a rhythm with Hercules, moving together while Karen writhed between them.

Karen had her orgasm first, the clenching of her pussy around Herc's cock causing the demigod to cum within her, and he pulled her lips to his, kissing her hard. Iolaus continued to fuck her, finally screaming his completion, falling atop them. He turned her head, pulling her lips from Hercules', and kissed her, his hands in her hair, pulling her close. "I love you," he whispered, smiling at her, and kissing her again. He gentled himself from her, and tried to pull her from Hercules. But the demigod smiled and pulled her back, pulling her into a kiss. She broke the kiss and stood, taking a towel from her pack.

"I had a nice time too boys," she grinned. "But I wanna go take a bath now." She noticed the look on Iolaus' face and shook her head. "Alone Iolaus. I think I can manage that." She picked up her sword. "I'll take it just in case, okay?" She leaned over and kissed him. "Okay?"

"Okay," he answered. "But don't...." He didn't get a chance to finish as one large hand grabbed him by the arm, pulling him down, and the other clamped itself over his mouth.

"Thank you Hercules," she said sweetly, turning, and leaving them.

Hercules, Iolaus now in his lap, turned the hunter's face to his. "Let her take a bath alone Iolaus. Like she said, I think she can manage that." Iolaus started to say something, thought better of it, instead kissing the demigod.

Hercules groaned, "Iolaus, I'm only *half* God. I can't without some rest." Iolaus smiled at him, laying his head on the demigod's shoulder. Herc watched his lover fall asleep there, kissed the top of his head, and went to sleep with him.

Iolaus woke a while later, feeling the demigod's arms around him. He reached to his side, and his eyes flew open as he grabbed empty space.

"She's over there," Herc whispered, nodding to the other side of the fire. Karen was asleep, holding Iolaus' vest. "Leave her be." Iolaus nodded, snuggled back into Herc's arms, and went back to sleep.

Hercules heard her, tossing and moaning softly, and he opened his eyes. Laying the deeply sleeping hunter on the ground, he moved over to Karen, and took her into his arms. She woke with a start, and nearly threw a punch at him. Catching herself, she instead fell into his arms, crying quietly.

"Take it easy," he whispered. "I'm here...it's okay. No more bad dreams."

"Can't help it." More tears. "Autolycus could have died because of me. I *did* die. I got lucky Hercules. I shouldn't be here. I should be with Hades, not here. Iolaus was right...if I had just talked to you, or to him, or even to Jason, none of this would have happened."

"So you spend the rest of your life feeling guilty. Yeah, that's a great way to live." He shook his head. "Been there, done that. It becomes an existence, not a life. I know." Iolaus' snore broke the air and Karen found herself giggling. Herc held her close. "Better now?" She shrugged, and snuggled into his large arms. "You will be." A soft kiss. "Now go to sleep."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Iolaus awoke to shouts and jumped up grabbing his sword. He relaxed when he saw Karen yelling at a rabbit.

"Get out of here would you. If he sees you you'll be breakfast. You know...broiled?"

Glancing to the other side of the fire, he saw Herc watching the scene with amusement.

"Now look mister bunny, Iolaus likes rabbit. And not like a buddy either. So go away. Don't you have a family or something?"

Iolaus couldn't help himself. "Oooh breakfast...."

Karen picked up the rabbit and glared at him. "Stay back. The bunny ain't food."

"You're right about that," Hercules said. "The bunny is Apollo."

Karen looked at the rabbit, it wiggled it's nose at her and morphed into the blonde God. Karen suddenly found herself with arms full of a God who promptly grabbed her ass and pulled her tight to his body. A knee to the groin quickly caused him to release her.

"What do you want?" Hercules asked. He was not overly fond of *this* brother and had no qualms about showing it.

"Can't I just come to say hello? You're my brother." The God smiled and Hercules rolled his eyes.

"Since when do *you* just come to say hello? Another fight with Hyacinth...need some advice with your love life? Well I don't care. Deal with it."

"Hey bro', Artemis is busy and she asked me to look in on *her*. That's it." Apollo rolled *his* eyes and groaned. "You know she makes me do stuff like this. I could be on a beach, getting laid. But am I? No. I'm here doing her a favor. And since I've done it, I'll leave now." He turned for his 'board', left floating behind a tree, but didn't see it.

"Cowabunga!" Karen came sailing over his head and promptly hit a tree, falling atop the demigod. "Soft cushioned landing," she giggled.

Iolaus grabbed her and pulled her up. "What in Hades do you think you're doing? Being dead once wasn't enough for you?"

"Chill out Iolaus," Karen laughed. "I was always good on a board. Never had one that flew though. And you've been dead four times...so you're ahead of me."

"I like *this* one," Apollo said. "How would you like to come fly with me?"

"No thanks," Karen said, shaking her head. "I prefer my men with blonde hair and blue eyes and...." She glanced at Apollo and then at Iolaus. "...not so tall."

"When you get sick of them, come hang with me. I'll show you a good time." Apollo picked up his board, jumped atop it, and flew off.

"I think I'd rather go to Tartarus," Karen said after he'd gone. She looked at Hercules. "Wonderful family. From what I've seen, they're one major hormone waiting to explode."

"Oh yeah," Herc answered. "That's my family."

"Not as bad as his mortal one though," Iolaus added. "His cousin Tess, she's on husband number five. Oh, and let's not forget Aunt Melia...."

"Iolaus...."

"....six kids and she doesn't know who any of the father's are."

Karen giggled. "*None* of them?"

"None." Iolaus answered. "And his uncle Mathias, now there's...."

"Okay Iolaus," Herc said, a bit annoyed. "That's enough."

Karen couldn't help giggling. "I wanna hear more...."

 

Part 11

 

They walked for a while, telling jokes, laughing, and having a good time, when Karen suddenly stopped dead in her tracks and had a vision.

Iolaus and her, in a house, and *that* sword. She turned to the men, grabbing Iolaus' scabbard, unsheathing the sword, and staring at it.

"If you like it, you can have it," Iolaus said softly.

"You manipulative bastard!" she shouted. She dropped the sword and smacked him. "Why?" She started to cry and took off. The two men looked at each other and ran after her. She was quick, but they were faster. Hercules caught up with her and grabbed her, but she fought him, kicking and screaming. "Put me down!"

"Stop it!" the demigod yelled. He got a kick in his groin and dropped her. But before she could get up, Iolaus was on top of her. She couldn't get any leverage to move, but she tried, pushing up at him.

"Please," she screamed, writhing under him. "Let me go."

"Not until you tell me what happened. One minute you're fine, the next you're...talk to me. Why did you hit me?"

"You screwed with my life...both of you. But I don't know why...or how. You should have been dead." She was going into shock as the memory began to surface, a memory that had been buried in her mind by Ares.

Her eyes had widened, and she was staring at Iolaus. She started to shiver, and the hunter got off of her, pulling her into his arms. Her breathing was rapid now, and her tears were coming quick. Iolaus picked her up, but she began to fight him again, and he lost his hold, dropping her. She stood and took off again.

Herc grabbed her and spun her around. "I'm sorry for this Karen," Herc said, and hit her, knocking her out cold.

"Herc...."

"Iolaus, we're a little while from Parthus. We can take her there. If she's not okay to travel, you stay with her, and I'll go ahead to Ambracia. Iph is sending troops anyway. Right now I'm more concerned about what caused this."

They hit the town, neither having said a word for a while. Taking a room, both lay on either side of her, ensuring that she wasn't going anywhere. She began to stir and both men were prepared for a fight. Instead, they were greeted by a smile. A pained smile, but a smile.

"What happened?" Karen asked, holding her head.

"You don't remember?" Iolaus asked.

Karen shook her head. "The last thing I remember is breaking camp." She grabbed her cheek and felt the pain. "Please tell me what happened."

The demigod thought quick, and smiled at her. "You tripped. Fell over a tree stump. You really need to watch where you're going."

A raised eyebrow from Iolaus and Herc just shrugged.

"I'm hungry," Karen said. She started to get up, but fell back on the bed, her head hurting her. "Get me some food?"

"What do you want?" Herc asked.

"Anything but rabbit. Keep me company Iolaus?"

"I better go with him...we need a bath and Herc's probably going to have to carry the tub up. So that leaves me to carry the food." He grinned at her. "I promise not to eat it all on the way up."

"Iolaus..." Karen's voice was soft. "...please stay with me. I have to talk to you about something."

"Can it wait sweet? I'm kind of hungry...and we need a bath...*all* of us."

Karen shrugged. "Yeah, I guess so. Nothing that's going to go away real soon."

"Be back shortly," Iolaus said, smiling at her.

"Okay."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The men returned to the room, arms laden with food and drink, and Iolaus was the first to enter. Looking around, he didn't see Karen and dropped the tray on the table. "Herc! She's gone! I knew we shouldn't have left her."

"Relax, Iolaus. She probably went out for a walk. Where else would she go?"

"I dunno Herc, but I have a bad feeling. Look, I think we should go look for her. She was real upset before, I don't know why, but...."

"Okay Iolaus," Herc soothed. "We'll go. She's just tired that's all. We all are."

"I just want her to explain what she said earlier...about screwing with her life. I don't understand Herc."

"I'm not sure myself Iolaus," Karen said, from the doorway. "I went to look for you, and I guess I just missed you." She sat down in the chair, and looked at them. "It's kind of fuzzy now...like a dream, ya know. It was me and you, Iolaus, in a room, with *that* sword. Its the same feeling I got the first time I saw it, in the barn. I told you I'd seen it before, and you said I couldn't have. But I did...I know it."

"You said we should have been dead," Herc said.

"I don't remember *that*. Just the sword. I'm sorry for hitting you Iolaus...I remember that. And I know you hit me Hercules. I know why you did that too, and its okay. Its just kind of scary, that's all. Bits and pieces of memory. Somebody's been in my brain...playing with my memories. They buried stuff, I just know it."

"Maybe my relatives," Herc suggested. "It seems that you've known them, and they've known you, since you were a child."

"It would have to be," she answered. "No one else could do something like this." She paused, taking a deep breath. "Look, whatever it is, I'll deal with it. I just wanna get to Ambracia and deal with Goth. I think it'll be fun. After dealing with the looney Hercules, I could cope with anything." She smiled at the demigod, then her eyes moved to the food. "I'm hungry...let's eat."

Iolaus smiled at the demigod. "And you say *I* don't play with a full deck some of the time?"

Herc sighed. "I apologize for *every* time I've ever said that."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In Ambracia, the barbarian known as Goth was listening to the story.

"They're travelling with a woman? Was it Xena?"

"No Lord Goth," the mercenary answered. "No one knows who she is. They say she's been travelling with them for over a year now. It's been said that she is Iolaus' lover, and that she's been to the other side."

"So has Iolaus," Goth growled. "Anything else?"

"Yes M'lord. There was a man, in Olynthus. He heard it said that she's from another time...a future time...and that she travelled here by way of the Chronos stone. But I wouldn't put much stock in it. The man has since been locked up in an asylum for the insane."

Goth nodded. "Go and find out what else you can. I want revenge on them...especially Iolaus!" The man turned and left, leaving Goth with his brother, Bledar. "I don't doubt what he heard."

"Goth, you don't *really* believe she's from the future, do you?"

"Why not? I've heard stories myself. If she is from the future, then she has knowledge we can use. Take some men, and find her. I want her *here*."

"And *where* do we start? We don't even know her name."

"Idiot! Just find Hercules and Iolaus. If she travels with them, then it will be simple to locate her."

Bledar nodded.

"Little brother," Goth laughed. "I will have my revenge,"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Karen got up during the night, and crawled out of bed, but a hand grabbed her.

"Where are you going?" Hercules asked softly.

"I can't sleep...I ate too much. I'm just going to go downstairs for a while, that's all. I promise not to wander off." She smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Okay, but don't be gone too long. If he wakes up, and you're not here, he won't let you go anywhere alone anymore."

Iolaus grunted in his sleep, but Hercules pulled him close. "Shhh," the demigod whispered, stroking his hair. Iolaus snuggled into Herc's arms and he was quiet again.

"Not *too* long."

She nodded and left the room.

Karen wandered downstairs, looking around, wanting to do something. 'No game room, no swimming pool...I gotta talk to Sal about building the first resort.' Hearing laughter from a room, she peeked in, and saw a few men sitting at a table. It didn't take her very long to figure out there was a poker game going on.

"Room for one more?" she asked. The men stopped and looked at her.

"You're a woman," one observed.

"I *am*? Gee, you're a smart one. Now, can I get in, or are you too wussy to allow a woman to play?"

The men began to laugh. "Sure...if you know how to play...and you have the dinars to sit in."

That she *didn't* have. So she did the only thing she knew...she bluffed. "Up in my room. Let me sit in for a few hands. If I lose, I go to get my money. If I win, I'll have yours so it won't matter."

"If you lose, we *all* play...and not more cards either."

She nodded, and they made a place for her. "Let's do it...."

Within an hour, the four men sitting with her were broke, and she also had two swords, a horse, and a whip. She stood, preparing to leave, but one of the men grabbed her by the arm.

"I think you *cheated*. No *woman* could play that good." His grip got tighter, and she grimaced from the pain.

"Look, don't be a sore loser. You guys just stink at cards, that's all." She pulled her arm away, but it was grabbed by another man.

"I agree with you...*she* cheated...." Her other hand was grabbed, but she bit the man's hand and he let her go abruptly. A kick to the shin, and the other man let her go as well.

"I wouldn't do that!" She snapped, backing up. "I have friends in high places."

"Oh really," sneered one of the men. "And who would that be?"

"You don't wanna know." Karen continued to back up, turning, and opening the door. The first thing she saw was a yellow shirt, and she looked up, seeing the demigod's face...and *he* was not happy.

"What did you do *now*? Sometimes I wonder who's worse...you or Iolaus."

"I didn't do anything Herc. I just played some cards, they lost, and they think I cheated."

"Give them back whatever you won," Hercules growled. He was well aware of the way she *played* poker.

Karen backed away from him...the demigod, in all the time she had known him, had never looked this angry before, (at least not at her), nor had he taken that tone with her. But she nodded.

Turning back to the men, she put the money back on the table, along with the rest of their stuff, and turned back to Hercules. "Happy now?" He nodded. She ran past him, leaving the inn, and one of the men advanced on the demigod.

"Maybe you'd like to take her punishment for her?" he asked.

"He's Hercules," another whispered. The first man backed down.

"Sorry...didn't know she was with *you*."

"Stay away from *her*." The demigod was clearly pissed off, and the men nodded. Hercules turned and ran after her.

He caught up with her a few minutes later, grabbed her by the arm, and spun her around. "I told you to stay out of trouble! What in Tartarus possessed you to do *that*?"

"I didn't do anything wrong!" Karen reiterated. "They just suck at poker, that's all."

"You...." He didn't finish the sentence, he just sat, grabbing her and pulling her over his knees.

"NO!" she screamed.

He ignored her, and she tried to smack him, but he grabbed her wrists with one hand. The other pulled her pants down, while she struggled, and proceeded to give her the spanking of her life. By the time he was finished, her ass was bright red. "*You* will *not* do anything like this again...do you understand?!" She was trembling in his arms, and she nodded meekly. He let her go, and she sat up, kneeling between his legs.

"I'm s-s-sorry Hercules...but I didn't cheat...I didn't." She started to cry. "I really didn't." She stood, pulling up her pants. "I'm going back to the inn. Just leave me alone for a while."

He waited a few moments, then followed her. He saw her in the bar, but decided to leave her there. He went back up to Iolaus, figuring Karen would be up shortly.

The hunter heard Hercules coming in, and sat up. "Where is she?" Hercules told him what had happened, and Iolaus sighed. "I knew she shouldn't be left alone." He made a face at Hercules. "How could you spank her Herc?"

"I got angry Iolaus. I would have sworn she cheated. I was wrong. I'll make it up to her later."

"You never make it up to me."

"That's because you *always* deserve it."

Iolaus giggled. "Yeah, maybe. Where is she now?"

"I left her in the bar...I figure she'll have a couple of ales, then come upstairs."

"I hope you're right," Iolaus said.

Herc nodded to him. "So do I."

Karen wandered into the bar, and when the four men saw her, they took off. She smiled as she heard one saying, "That's Hercules' woman!" Her ass hurt, and she had to shift a bit to find a comfortable position to sit in. "Spanking me...I'll get him for that."

She had two ales, and, almost immediately, started to feel dizzy. 'Must be stronger then I thought.' She attempted to stand, instead almost falling on her face. She felt arms lifting her, and carrying her outside, putting her on a horse. Hands around her waist, holding her upright, and she managed to focus for a moment, and found her voice. "IOLAUS!" Then, a hand clamped around her mouth, the other hand gripping her tighter, and the horse took off.

Both men heard, and ran downstairs, finding the innkeeper pretty badly beaten. They managed to rouse him, and he spoke quietly. "They said if you want her back, be in Ambracia tomorrow morning."

"We're taking horses Hercules," Ioalus stated flatly.

"I'm not going to argue with you," the demigod replied.

They headed to the stables, rousing the owner, and managed to secure two horses.

Riding off, Iolaus said, "He'll hurt her...bad."

"I know," Hercules answered.

"Call your sister Herc...any of them. I don't want her hurt."

"Iolaus, *you* know I can't do that. I owe enough favors to my relatives...any more, and I'll be selling my soul. Besides, I think they keep an eye on her, without me having to ask."

"I hope you're right Herc...I really do."

'So do I Iolaus,' the demigod thought. 'So do I.'

 

Part 12

Karen didn't know how much time had passed. Her brain was fuzzy from the drugs she had ingested in the ale, and, try as she might, she couldn't fight the arms around her. She was pulled from the horse, and carried to a room. She felt her clothes being stripped from her body, and felt her wrists being bound above her head. She passed out shortly after.

She felt a hand on her cheek, and began to rouse, her eyes trying to focus. "Iolaus, remind me not to drink so much again, okay?"

"I'm sure if Iolaus were here, he'd tell you just that." The voice was deep, and flat, and Karen's eyes opened, staring into an unfamiliar face.

"You must be Goth," she smiled.

He nodded. "And you must be Iolaus' whore." She shook her head. "Then you're Hercules'."

"Sorry...wrong again. I roam with them, but that's only because I'm mortal. My lover doesn't want me near him all of the time, but he trusts those two to keep an eye on me."

"And who would your lover be?" Goth asked.

"Oh, he's over six feet tall, with black hair and brown eyes...and a very mean disposition. He's Ares, God of War."

Goth laughed. "Yeah...that's why the innkeeper said you were in a one-bed room with the two of them. I owe Iolaus...and the son of Zeus." He reached up and untied her wrists, and she took a swing at him. But he was Hercules' size, and weighed quite a bit more then she did, and she found herself pinned beneath his body, struggling to no avail. "I think I'll have you." He kissed her hard, biting her lip, and she spit at him. "A wild one." He let her up, watching as she ran for the door. She pulled at it, but it was locked. She went for the window next, but he grabbed her, and threw her back on the bed. Sitting up, she pushed past him, and found herself laying on the floor, his body against hers.

"Don't touch me!" Karen shouted, her arms flailing, trying to get him off of her. He smacked her across the face, and she quieted. In truth, she didn't know if she could handle this again. She had long ago forgiven Ares for what he had done, but between The Sovereign, and then the slavers, she had had more pain then she knew possible. But this, this was hurting worse. He was one man, and he was angry at Iolaus and Hercules, and he was about to take it out on her...she knew she was in for a lot of pain, but she had no idea what was going to happen. Instead of fighting, she relaxed herself, giving her body over to him.

Goth didn't take to kindly to this, and smacked her again. But still, she lay quiet. Finally she opened her eyes and looked at him. "I won't fight you. No matter what you do, I won't fight...but I won't give in either. Do whatever you like."

"I don't want you to fight me," he said. He released her, walking to the door, shouting, "Open it!" He turned back to her as he left. "You *will* pay for what *they* did...I promise you."

"Up yours," she sneered. As soon as the door was closed, she ran for the window, then noticed it was barred. "Well, no way out of here...I guess I do the old fashioned thing and wait for my hero to rescue me...and hear about it for the rest of my life." She didn't see her clothes, so she wrapped the blanket around her, sat on the floor, and just waited.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hercules and Iolaus finally stopped to give the horses a rest, needing some themselves. Iolaus just paced, and, after a moment, was ready to leave. But the demigod stopped him.

"Iolaus, if the horse collapses, it's not going to do us any good. Wait a few minutes...please."

"I promised her Herc, after Sovereign, after Hades, that nothing would happen to her again. I told her I'd protect her, keep her safe."

"Don't make promises you can't keep Iolaus." The hunter opened his mouth, but Hercules put his fingers to Iolaus' lips. "When the Enforcer killed you, I promised you nothing would happen to you, *ever* again...two years later you were dead again. Just do what I do Iolaus." The demigod smiled. "Just love her, and watch out for her...but don't smother her. I tried that with you, and it nearly destroyed us."

The hunter nodded. "I know. But it's different with her. Maybe its because she's a *she*. When we get her back Herc, I just want some down time. Stay in Thebes, stay anywhere...just peace and quiet. Okay?"

"It will never happen Iolaus," Hercules said. "But that's okay. I think we'd get bored very quickly."

Iolaus allowed himself a small smile, the two men got the horses ready, and took off.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Karen stared at the walls, wondering what would happen next. "I could yell for help...for one of the Gods...I guess...." She put that thought out of her mind quickly...Herc would never forgive her. "Iolaus, where are you?" As she sat, she started to doze off, and was assaulted by visions in her head, confusing her again.

A fight when she was brought into a hospital, after she was mugged, and nearly beaten to death. Herc and Iolaus insisting she'd be fine, even though the doctors said she wouldn't survive the night. Ares appearing before her, touching her body, and healing her injuries. The shock of the doctors, when she got up ten minutes later, got dressed and walked out. The security guards trying to grab her, but flying against a wall...seeing Ares standing there, grinning like a fool.

And Karen began to cry again...because, in her mind, she now *knew* the truth.

The two men had manipulated her life...changed it to make things the way they were now. She now blamed them for what was happening to her. The pain, the hurt, everything that had happened to her since she'd arrived in Greece.

"I HATE YOU BOTH!!" she screamed, her voice echoing through the stronghold. "HATEYOUHATEYOUHATEYOU!!!" She began to throw everything that wasn't nailed down, picking up a chair and smashing a large mirror, and screaming. Two guards ran in, and quickly found themselves unconscious, hit with flying objects. Karen ran from the room, but was tackled by two other guards, who soon had help. It took five guards to restrain her, and they carried her, kicking and screaming, to another room. They tied her up again, this time splaying her legs.

"Goth's going to have fun with you bitch!" One of the men said.

He slammed the door, and now, not only was she alone, she was in darkness. There was no window in the room, and no light coming in from outside. Karen took a deep breath. "I have to do this...Herc, I hope you forgive me." Another deep breath. "APHRODITE!" No answer, and no Goddess. "Shit...okay...let's see....ARTEMIS!" Still nothing. "They're here when you don't need them, and not here when you do! Okay...one more...and I know I can get *him* here." Another deep breath...then the scream of her life. "AAARRREEESSSS!" Still nothing. So she tried a different tactic, speaking softly. "Ares, if you don't help me out of this, I'll tell everyone we spent the night together and you *couldn't*!" *That* did it. The War God appeared before her.

"This *better* be good." He stared at her, and the ropes. "My brother's getting kinky these days, hmmm? I knew he had it in him."

"He didn't do this, you moron. Some barbarian named Goth did. Now get me out of here, would you? Please?"

"Why? Let blondie help you...him and Mister Goody-Goody do this sort of thing for a living."

"Ares, please! I'll owe you one." She leered at him, but he shook his head.

"I don't want you owing me one...and I can't help you. At least, I can't get you out of here. Zeus is kind of picky these days...he says we all interfere too much. What I can do is untie you." A thought and she was freed. He took her hands in his, and made her bruises fade.

"Thanks War God...now, you think you can get Iolaus here...quickly?"

"You're on your own now." He vanished, leaving her again.

"CLOTHES!" She was dressed. "Ah well," she said to herself. "At least I can clunk Goth over the head with something...if I could see." A lantern was in her hands. "Thanks Ares."

*You owe me.* His voice in her head.

"Yeah," she replied aloud. "Maybe me, you, Iolaus, and Iph can have an orgy some time." She immediately bit her tongue.

*I'll hold you to that.*

Karen groaned. "Iolaus is going to kill me...such is life. Now, what do we have here." The only thing she found that could be used as any sort of weapon was a chair. She tried to lift it, but it was too heavy. "I should have taken more vitamins." So she just sat on the bed, waiting. If Goth thought she was still tied up, that could work to her advantage.

She blew out the lantern, not wanting it noticed under the door. Sitting in the darkness, however, she was able to think more clearly about the visions she had had...and calm down somewhat. 'Herc might have been alive in the future, but Iolaus is mortal. He should've been dead...but he wasn't. Why, I don't know. They saved my life...I guess more then once.' She thought about something Iolaus had taught her, and sat back, taking deep breaths, relaxing her body and mind. The visions cascaded through her mind, and she let them, letting each one surface little by little.

Getting pulled out of the ocean when she nearly drowned as a small child...by Hercules.

Nearly getting hit by a car when she was older, but pulled out of the way at the last minute...by Iolaus.

Then the sword. It was all so clear now. Running away to Chicago to be with a boyfriend...getting dumped and ending up working as a prostitute. Ares and Iolaus picking her up one night, Herc and Iolaus sending her home the next day.

Any hatred or mistrust she felt was slowly disappearing. 'They saved my life...so many times.' One thought, however, kept echoing in her mind, something she remembered Herc saying that night in Chicago....

**"See...nothing changed. She's still here, with us, just like she's always been."**

It finally dawned on her. 'It's *me*...that's who he was talking about. I guess I'm alive too...and still hanging out with the Gods.' She smiled at this thought. 'I wonder if I'm a Goddess in the future...let's see...I'd be Goddess of Rock and Roll. Yeah...*that* would be a title.' She sat back, and continued to wait for someone to enter.

She didn't have to wait long.

"You think you could try to stay out of trouble?"

She *knew* that voice. "HERCULES!" Moving to the voice, she was swept up in two large arms. "But how...and where's Iolaus?"

"On a horse, on his way here. Ares showed up in front of me, said you needed help, and the next thing I knew, I was here. He said something about you and Iolaus coming to Corinth, to visit him and Iphicles."

"I'm sorry. I know how you feel about your relatives, but I got scared, and I called them, but the only one who answered was Ares, and I told him that if he got me out of this mess I would...oh Herc, Iolaus is going to kill me."

"I don't want to know what you promised him...yet. First, let's get out of here."

"The door is locked."

"Not for long." She heard the smile in his voice, and the door was opened with one pull. "There...now, which way to go."

"How about *that* way." Karen pointed right, Herc shrugged, and they headed off.

They wandered for a while, trying to find a way out, but all they found were more doors...and no exit.

"Hercules, this place is like a maze. We keep going around and around. At this rate, I'll be old and gray before we get out of here." She sat on the floor. "I can't do this anymore." Then the tears. "I tried Hercules, I really did...I wanted to be brave, and fight bad guys, like in the movies. I wanted to be a hero...but I'm not. I'll never be one. Not like you or Iolaus, or Xena. Gran said I'd always have to be brave, and strong, and not cry. Now I know why...she *knew* what my future was. She made sure I knew everything about Ancient Greece, about you, about the Gods...."

He knelt beside her, reaching out a hand to wipe her tears away. "You are a hero. Did you already forget what you did to save Autolycus' life? And heroes aren't always brave and strong, and they do cry. Sometimes they're downright stupid...I could tell you a few stories about Iolaus to prove that point." Karen couldn't help laughing. "Better now?" She nodded. "Then let's get going."

They had walked a few minutes when Karen stopped again. "I have to tell you something Hercules. I don't know where to begin." He nodded, and she continued. "In the future, in my time, you and Iolaus, you're both alive. I used some of Iolaus' meditation stuff, and I remembered some of it. I told you I had a mental block...I don't know who did it, but it's gone now. You two, you saved my life on more then one occasion, helped me when I needed it. You were always watching out for me...because you knew. I don't know whether to thank you, or punch you in the nose."

"Punch me in the nose another time," Herc said, smiling at her. "And I think you're right...I think we're in a maze. Iolaus and I had no idea where to find you...but I think I know where we are. There's an old castle, just outside Ambracia, that was built by King Philepus. He built part of the castle as a maze. They say he did it to escape his four wives on occasion, and have time by himself."

"But we'll never find our way out Hercules. We'll keep going around and around."

The demigod grinned at her. "Then let's stop going around...." He stood, and busted through part of the wall. "There...I'll just keep doing that until we find our way out."

She followed him. "Hercules, you're going to have a broken shoulder if you keep doing that."

"You'll take care of me."

"Don't you remember the last time I tried that? I think I made you sicker."

"You're still not as bad as Iolaus." He busted through another wall, but didn't get much further. Karen heard the *crack*, and turned to see Hercules fall, and Goth standing there, a metal bar in his hand.

"Even a demigod will fall if you hit him hard enough," he laughed.

"YOU BASTARD!" Karen screamed, and lunged at him.

"No...that's *him*." He grabbed her, and she fought him, nearly getting free, until he growled, "Stop it, or the son of Zeus dies."

She turned and froze. Bledar was kneeling over Hercules, ready to strike him again. Turning back to Goth, she said, "What do you want?"

He grinned. "I want you...but, I also want *him*."

It took a moment for Karen to comprehend what he meant, and her eyes narrowed. "Unless you know Hephaestus, you can't bind him. And that's the *only* way you'd *ever* have him."

"Oh there's another way," Goth whispered in her ear. She tried to pull away, but he grabbed her arm, nearly breaking it. "He won't know where you are...he'll submit to me. He'll do it to protect you."

Karen didn't know whether to laugh or cry. "Zeus won't let you. If he won't let the Gods kill him, he certainly won't let you."

"I'm not going to kill him...no. I have something better. Humiliation...and pain...lots of pain.." He pulled her away. "You and I have are going to have a little fun." She pushed him away abrubtly, and kicked him...in the groin. "FUCKING BITCH!" Goth screamed.

Karen turned to run, but Goth grabbed her hair and spun her around. "You will pay for that." Once again, her wrists were bound, and the last she saw of Hercules, he was unmoving.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Iolaus was galloping toward Ambracia, his thoughts focused on Hercules. 'One of his daffy relatives snatched him up, and I'll be damned if I know why.' They had been riding at a breakneck pace, when Herc suddenly vanished off his horse, and the horse vanished after.

A moment later, Iolaus' horse stopped abruptly, throwing Iolaus to the ground. He stood, walking back to the horse, but the horse reared its legs, and Iolaus jumped back. "I got a bad feeling...." He unsheathed his sword, and spun around, and faced Ares, standing there with a grin.

"She promised me a night with you...and her."

Iolaus blinked at him. "Huh? I lost you somewhere. Did *you* take Herc?"

Ares nodded. "She needed help, said she'd do anything, I said okay, she suggested the two of you with me and Iph, I said okay again, and we're going to have an orgy as soon as she's rescued." The War God laughed as his words sunk in to Iolaus' head.

"I wouldn't laugh if I were you." Artemis appeared shortly after her voice. "Daddy dearest is looking for you...he's going to beat you senseless for what you did to Herc."

"What *I* did? All I did was take him to *her* for rescuing."

"Oh yeah...take a look big brother...."

A scene appeared before them, and both Iolaus and Ares stared at the image before them.

**************************************

Hercules was laying on the ground, bruises all over him. The guards were kicking him, and he just lay there, not doing anything. A kick to his crotch and he grabbed the man who kicked him, but Bledar's voice stopped him from doing anything.

"Touch one of my men, and the woman will suffer...and I promise you, every man in this camp will have her...in every way possible and then some." Herc froze. "That's better." He kicked Hercules in the stomach and the demigod winced, biting back the scream of pain.

"What do you want?" Herc asked, gasping for breath, his voice weak.

"I want *you*." Goth walked over to them. "I want you in my bed, doing what I say. Give me that and I'll let her go."

Herc shook his head. "You won't let her go...no matter what I do."

"Maybe...maybe not. But think about what I'll do to her, if you don't cooperate." Goth glared at him. "We got your other lover too. Yeah, we grabbed Iolaus outside the gates...he's in one of my dungeons. Think about it demigod. Both of them will suffer if you don't do as I say." Goth turned to his men. "Take him to my bedroom and leave him there." The guards did as they were told, and Hercules allowed them.

'You lie Goth,' he thought. 'You can't have Iolaus...we were too far for you to catch him.' He kept his eyes open, watching where he was being taken.

**************************************

"What the hell is *that* Ares?!" Iolaus growled. "How could you do that to him? Even you...." He turned and remounted his horse. "Why don't you go tell Iphicles what you did to his brother...." He took off towards Ambracia, not looking back.

Artemis turned to Ares. "He's right you know. Anything that happened between the two of you in the past...I thought after you battled side by side against The Sovereign...Ares how could you!"

She vanished and the War God just stood there. "I didn't do *that*...I just brought her some help, that's all." He suddenly found himself twenty feet away, kicked there by an unseen force. Then a voice...his own.

"Idiot!" His double was before him. "Sometimes I wonder about me...and how I survived."

"Get back to your world!" Ares snapped. "And for kicking me, I'll...."

"I'm not 'Mister Fluffy' asshole...I'm *you*. Oh, about two thousand years from now...but *you*."

"Oh great," Ares sneered. "Now my future self is here to lecture me. Isn't time travel still forbidden by the Gods in the future?"

"Yeah," his future self sneered back. "But I still break the rules. Now, you are going to go rescue Herc. You owe him...and he'll owe you. Even though you caused this, he doesn't blame you."

Ares raised an eyebrow. "I can't rescue him...I did enough. Zeus is pissed enough, I'm sure. I do more, and I'll be in worse trouble."

His future self raised a fist, and a fireball appeared. "I've grown stronger over time...don't make me hurt you." Ares laughed and found himself hit with it, and thrown again, this time smack into a tree.

Picking himself up, he looked at his other self. "Why are you doing this?"

"I have my reasons." He made another fist, but Ares backed up.

"Okay, okay. I'll...I'll do something."

"Good...now get going!" Ares vanished and his future self sighed. "What a nitwit."

 

Part 13

 

The hunter rode fast, his thoughts focused on his lovers. The thought of Hercules being coerced into Goth's bed gave him a surge of anger he didn't know was possible to feel. And the woman he loved had gone through so much...too much...in the time he had known her. He had promised to protect her, to keep her safe. He'd failed in that...the same way Hercules had failed him. But he had admonished the demigod for thinking like that, and here he was, doing the same. 'Must be love....' he thought. Then he felt like he was falling from the horse....

....suddenly finding himself in a hallway, with Ares standing beside him.

"Remind her that she owes me," Ares sneered, just before he vanished.

Iolaus then found himself in a bedroom, looking down at Karen. She was tied to the bed, and her face was full of bruises. He reached down to untie her, and, as soon as her hands were free, he got a punch in the face. Karen jumped up and ran for the door, but Iolaus grabbed her.

"It's me...only me." His voice was soothing, and he held her in his arms. "Only me...."

Karen fell into his arms, holding him tight. "Iolaus...what took you so long?"

"I'll tell you later. Look we...."

Karen cut him off. "Iolaus, Goth has Hercules. It's my fault. I'm sorry. I promised Ares and he brought Hercules, and Herc got hurt, and...and...."

"I know," Iolaus said softly. "Ares told me. He brought me here too. We'll talk about it later." He kissed her, and smiled. "This should be fun...I get to rescue Herc. That's a first."

She opened the door and stuck her head out. "All clear...and I love it how you can find time for levity in the face of a crisis."

"I don't levitate," Iolaus said, wondering why Karen began to giggle.

"Iolaus, you really need to read more. Levity doesn't mean that." They moved down the hall.

"Oh, one of your big words again. You know, between you and Herc, I feel stupid sometimes."

Karen peeked around a corner. "You're not stupid Iolaus...and I have no idea which way to go. At least I'm not back in that maze."

"King Philepus' castle...it figures." He took her by the hand. "The main rooms are this way."

Karen allowed him to take her down a few hallways, finally asking, "How do you know the way to the rooms?"

"When we were kids...I was about nine, so Herc was seven...we came to Ambracia with our mothers. Herc and me ran off to the castle, and he got lost in the maze." Iolaus stopped for a moment. "It took me almost all morning to find him...he was sitting on the floor, and he was crying. He'd been trying to find his way out for hours. But when he saw me, he jumped up and hugged me." He smiled. "We spent the rest of the day exploring the castle."

"Iolaus, shut up and find Hercules...tell me about your past life another time." She turned a corner as Goth and Bledar were coming around the other, but Iolaus pulled her back before she was seen.

"...he didn't struggle at all...." Goth was saying.

"He's scared of what you'll do to the bitch....I saw it in his eyes when you told him." Bledar smiled. "Nice move, telling him you had his partner."

"They came together, I'm sure of it. Did you tell the men?"

"Oh yeah...I told them whoever brings Iolaus to you gets to fuck him first. Enough of them have a grudge against him anyway. Now, on to more important things. While you're having a good time with the son of Zeus, can I fuck the bitch? I promise not to hurt her...very much."

"Please do little brother...break her in for me." The brother's clasped arms and separated, Goth headed in one direction, while Bledar headed toward Iolaus and Karen. Before Iolaus could stop her, Karen jumped out, right into Bledar's arms, knocking him to the floor. Moving down his body, she yanked down his pants, and Bledar was too stunned to do anything but let her. Before he could stop her, she pulled his dagger from his boot, and placed the blade against his cock.

"I saw this in a movie once," she growled, and raised the blade. "So I'm a bitch, am I...yeah, I guess I am." The blade swung down, but Iolaus grabbed her hand before she could do any damage...his other hand coldcocked Bledar, before the larger man could get up.

Iolaus held the blade in front of her. "You would have done it, wouldn't you?"

She nodded, shaking a bit. "I don't want to be hurt anymore Iolaus. He would have hurt me...and any other woman. I couldn't let him do that...." Her voice trailed off as she grabbed Bledar's arms and dragged him into a nearby room. She and Iolaus bound and gagged him, Karen unsheathed his sword, and they headed in Goth's direction. It didn't take long to find the right room...judging by the size of the doors, it was a master suite, and probably Goth's.

"How about we just bust in?" Karen suggested, holding the sword and, Iolaus noticed, ready to strike at anything.

He shook his head, and put his arm on her's, lowering it. "Don't do something you'll regret...please." Karen's eyes met his, and she nodded, resheathing the sword.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "I just...no more Iolaus. I won't be hurt anymore."

"I'm sorry I let this happen." She started to say something, but his finger on her lips stopped her. "Let's rescue Herc, feed my ego, and take care of the bad guys...we'll talk later." He knocked on the door. "Lord Goth...a message from the...from your brother."

"This *better* be good!" Goth's voice shouted. "Or I'm going to...." *CRASH*

The door was opened, and Iolaus threw a punch, only to have his fist grabbed by an extremely bruised and battered demigod. "I recognized your voice...and what took you so long?" Herc slurred, just before he passed out in Iolaus' arms. Iolaus and Karen managed to move him onto the bed, and Iolaus looked at the extent of the demigod's injuries.

"His pants and boots are still on...." Karen said, with a small smile.

Iolaus looked at his body, touching him, judging the extent of the injuries from where the demigod groaned. "A few broken ribs, nothing serious, I don't think." Iolaus looked down at the floor, at the hole in the wall, and the body laying beside the wall. "See if he has a pulse...." Karen nodded, and knelt beside Goth, who moaned. Karen smiled at Iolaus, picked up the lamp, and knocked Goth in the head...his moans stopped. She put her fingers on his neck, and nodded. "Yep, still breathing."

Iolaus knelt down beside her, pulling off Goth's belts. "Good thing he wears two," Iolaus mused. He bound Goth's wrists, then his legs, and, when he was satisfied they were tight enough, Iolaus moved back to the bed. "Bring that bowl of water here, with a couple of cloths. We have to clean him up." Karen complied, and Iolaus wet two cloths, handing one to her. "I'm going to clean up his body...you can clean his face."

Karen shook her head and moved away. "He's hurt pretty bad Iolaus. I'll just make it worse. I know I will."

Iolaus pulled her back down. "You won't...I know you won't and so does Herc." He smiled at her, and she couldn't help smiling back. Taking the cloth she began to wipe the dirt and blood from Hercules' face, crying as the actual bruises became more apparent.

Then fingers on her cheek, wiping the tears away, "I've had worse," and the demigod's eyes were looking into hers, and he was grinning. "Just don't let Iolaus take care of me."

"I resent that," Iolaus said, grinning at the demigod. "You got three, maybe four, broken ribs, so you'll live. You'll also heal, lets see, four broken ribs...should be healed in about three days. That's based on the last batch of broken ribs you had." He moved up, kissing the demigod gently. "Your lip is split and swollen, but you still taste sweeter then honey, you have a black eye, and a swollen cheek. Like I said...you'll live."

The demigod sat up slowly. "What about him?" He looked at Goth, and his eyes narrowed. "And his brother? His brother's the one who broke my ribs...kicked me quite a few times."

"*And* hit you in the head," Karen added. "We left him tied up in another room."

"Iphicles should be here shortly." Hercules turned to Karen. "It's not your fault you know. Not *this* time anyway." He smiled, but she didn't. "I'm sorry for spanking you...I know you didn't cheat in that poker game and I was wrong to assume you did."

Karen nodded, and Goth groaned. Karen stood over the barbarian, and looked at Iolaus. "Can I give him a swift kick in the ribs?" The hunter shrugged, and she did...twice. She was about to give him another kick, when they heard the fighting outside. Karen went to the window, and turned back, smiling. "The cavalry has arrived..." She looked down at Goth. "Looks like you get to go back to prison." She walked to the door. "Iph's gotta have a healer and you need your ribs taken care of. I'll be back." She walked out, and Iolaus stood, picking up his sword.

"I better make sure she gets out in one piece," Iolaus sighed. Herc nodded, and Iolaus chased after Karen.

A short while later, they returned with a healer, and Iphicles, only to find Hercules sitting comfortably on the bed, and Goth with a bloody, and broken, nose.

"What happened Herc?" Iolaus asked.

"He made a remark about you I didn't like...I hit him."

"Now Hercules," Iphicles admonished, with a smile. "Didn't mother tell us to ignore words?"

"Yeah, Iph," Herc answered, smiling back. "But he said that Iolaus was a slut...I didn't think it was nice. That's when I hit him."

Iphicles raised an eyebrow at him. "That's it?"

"Yeah," Herc answered quietly. "Sort of...look just get him out of here. I want to go home...take some down time...just peace and quiet...." He smiled at Iolaus. "For a little while."

Three guards came in and picked Goth up. He leered at Karen, licking his lips. "I'm going to fuck you one day...and you're going to beg for it."

Karen growled and jumped at him, but Iphicles got in the way, and she landed atop him. She attempted to get up, but he grabbed her, shouting to his guards, "Get *him* out of here!" She wrenched herself free, but Iphicles grabbed her from behind, and he fell on his ass, taking her down with him. She continued to struggle until Goth was out of the room, and Iolaus was kneeling before her, wiping the tears from her eyes, tears she hadn't even realized had come.

Iphicles let her go, and Iolaus took her, and just held her, letting her cry out the fear that had been inside of her since she had been taken. When she finally stopped, Iolaus whispered to her, "Ready to go home?" She nodded and he helped her up. "Let's go then...I got an idea for a new recipe for duck."

The healer finished with Hercules. "He has four broken ribs, but nothing more serious. He'll live." He got up and left.

"Told ya so," Iolaus smiled. "Now...let's go home."

Getting outside, they saw Goth and his men, in barred carts, about to be taken away. Then she spotted Bledar about to get put into one. She picked up the nearest stick, walked over, and knocked him upside the head, knocking him out cold. "That's for Hercules' head." She walked back over to the Iolaus. "I should have hit him harder...but he'll get his."

Hercules stood there, smiling at her. "You should have...just a little bit harder."

"Hey King!" Karen yelled. "I gotta talk to you for a minute." She ran over to Iphicles. "I saw Ares earlier, and I was being flippant, and I told him if he got me help, that me, you, him, and Iolaus would...that is to say I promised him...I don't know why I said it...."

He smiled at her. "Spit it out woman! I don't have all day."

"Iphicles, I like you...but I don't want to sleep with you."

"Sleep with me? It *might* be fun." He leered at her, then laughed at her shocked look. "I'll talk to Ares."

"What are you two talking about?" Iolaus' voice came from behind her.

"Ares," Karen said softly.

"I'll deal with Ares...don't worry about that." Iphicles turned to his brother. "Stay out of trouble Herc, would you please? I know big brothers are supposed to look out for little brothers, but this is kind of ridiculous." He reached out his hand to grasp Herc's arm, but was pulled into a crushing hug. "I love you too, baby brother," Iph whispered, as Herc let him go.

"Now about Ares..." Iolaus started.

"Don't worry about Ares," Iphicles reassured him. "Like I said, I'll deal with *him*." They grasped arms. "Hug me and I'll hurt you," Iphicles said.

"Likewise," Iolaus nodded.

"I left horses, with packs, for you over there, in case you decide to stop, and make camp for a night. And I'll see you soon." He turned to Karen. "You're a very brave woman...a little nuts...but very brave." She blushed, and he kissed her softly. "I'll do my best to talk Ares into forgetting your 'deal'." He walked over to his horse, then stopped, walking back over. He looked at Iolaus, and smiled. "You can get your revenge at a later date." Iphicles then pulled Karen into a deep kiss, his hands wandering down to her ass. By the time he let her go, she was gasping. "She's a good kisser...nice ass too." He walked back to his horse, mounted, grinned at them, and left the compound.

The three stood there, watching Iphicles leave.

"Well, this has been dull," Karen said. "Here I thought some action and adventure, a little ass-kicking, you know...some good old fashioned *fun*."

"I'm a boring kind of guy," Herc smiled. "Just ask Iolaus."

"Yeah...he's boring all right. Now, why don't we get a move on. Nice to ride for a change."

"That's easy for you to say," Herc groaned. "I have broken ribs." He winced as he mounted.

Karen climbed behind him, holding him gently. "I swore I'd never get on a horse with you again Iolaus...so I'm gonna ride with the son of Zeus."

"Suit yourself," Iolaus smiled. "We can be in Pharsalus by tomorrow afternoon. Get a room with a real bed and get some rest."

Within five minutes of riding, both men were laughing as they heard Karen's snores. Hercules pulled her around so she was sitting in front of him, her head on his shoulder.

"She needs the rest," Herc said softly.

Iolaus nodded. "Did Goth...Herc, did he hurt her? I didn't ask her. I'm afraid to."

"No Iolaus," Herc reassured him. "He didn't." The talk then turned to other things.

Karen awoke sometime later, Iolaus' vest under her head, laying on a blanket. Her stomach was growling, and she realized night had already fallen. Stretching a bit, she opened her eyes to see a fire, but no sign of either man. There was, however, food. 'I don't wanna know what kind of animal this is,' she thought. 'And where'd they go?' She walked over to the food, and began to eat, not realizing how hungry she was, until she'd demolished two of whatever the meat was.

"I thought you didn't like rabbit," Iolaus laughed. Karen turned, facing him. He was wet, and had a towel wrapped around him.

"I was a good girl, and ate all my dinner." She smiled, and walked over to him. She pulled the towel away, and dropped to her knees. "You're dessert." She took his cock in her hands, stroking it gently, and kissed the head. "I always wanted to say that." Flicking her tongue out, she licked the slit, moving her lips over the head, and suckling on it.

Iolaus, however, was not in the mood to play, and pulled her hands away, moving them around to his ass. His hands moved to her head, and he pushed her mouth over his hard cock, feeling the tip against the back of her throat, and just held her there for a moment, before pulling back, and pushing back in. Her fingers moved to his anus, and she teased his tightness, feeling him arch his body against her. One dry finger entered, and Iolaus moaned, "Oh yeah baby...feels good...." Another joined it, and she pushed her fingers deeper, sucking harder. His hands were now wound painfully in her hair, taking possession of her mouth, and he threw his head back, shouting his completion, holding her mouth over him as he came down her throat. He was lost at this point, not even hearing her choking, until she pushed him away, gasping for air. His cum was dribbling from her mouth, and she spit some up, still coughing.

Iolaus grabbed a flask of water, and gave it to her to drink, then wiped her mouth with the towel. "I'm sorry love...I didn't realize...."

She cut him off with a soft kiss, her breathing more steady. "I know...."

Iolaus stared at her. "And *where* did you learn to do *that* with your fingers? You've *never* done that before."

"I like to watch you and Hercules...you know that. You love it when he does that to you...I see it in your face."

"When Hercules does what?" Herc asked, standing behind them. He was wearing his breechclout, carrying his clothes, and holding out his bandages to Iolaus, who took them. "And what happened to the rest of dinner?"

"I'll tell you some other time, and I got hungry," Karen smiled.

"Let's rewrap your ribs Herc."

Hercules nodded, and sat on the blanket. He took the bandages, and, with Iolaus' help, they managed to bind his ribs.

"You want more food?" Iolaus asked, grinning at him.

"If the brave hunter can catch some," Herc grinned back.

Iolaus nodded, and pulled on his pants. "Back shortly...."

Karen leaned over, frowning at Hercules. "You would have let him...Goth...touch you to save me. It wouldn't have been worth it."

"You're wrong," Herc answered softly.

"I don't think so." She lay down in the crook of his arm, and he pulled her close. The warmth of his body felt good, and she fell back asleep.

Iolaus came back with two fish, smiling at the sight...both were curled together, fast asleep.

"I guess that means more food for me."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They arrived in Pharsalus the next afternoon, leaving their horses in the stables, and went to get something to eat. Karen was surprised at the speed at which the demigod was healing. In all the time she'd known him, she'd never seen him hurt like this...nor did she realize she was staring.

"Did I grow another head?"

"Hercules, the swelling is down on your cheek, your lip is almost healed, your black eye is fading away, and I've never seen anyone heal this quick. Then again, I've never watched a demigod heal before. It's amazing."

"No, what would be amazing if my ribs healed as quick."

They checked into an inn, getting the last room. By the time Iolaus wandered back to the demigod, Karen was gone again.

"She went to shop," Herc grinned.

"With *what*?" Iolaus asked. "I just blew the last of our dinars on the room."

"Goth had a stash of dinars and she took them before we left...she said something about a new backpack, and a new pair of pants."

"You do realize every time she goes off, she gets into trouble, don't you?"

"Not as much as you my love, not as much as you."

Iolaus laughed, and they walked upstairs. "You rest for a while. I'm going to try and find her before she gets into any more trouble." Herc nodded, but before Iolaus could leave, there was a flash, and Ares appeared before them.

"Iphicles said *no* War God!" Iolaus snapped at him. "So forget it!"

Ares smiled at him. "No? About what? Oh, you mean what Karen owes me. Time will tell if it happens or not. And besides, I'm not *your* Ares."

Herc cocked his head, staring at his brother, and he knew. "You're the future Ares, aren't you?"

"Yeah, that's me...and yes, time travel is still frowned upon by the Gods, but I had to come here. I have my reasons. I just wanted to check up on you. Now that I see you're alright, I'll take my leave and return to my own time." He vanished as quickly as he appeared.

"He's a pain in the ass, no matter what time zone he's in," Iolaus chuckled.

"Yeah," Herc nodded. 'And I wonder why he *really* came here.' Aloud, "Iolaus, I'll come with you. I don't want you beating anybody up."

"I'll behave Herc," Iolaus smiled.

"Sure...I'll bet."

They found her in the agora, paying for a new pair of pants, and holding a new pack. "Don't worry guys...I got a good deal. I had someone else do the bargaining for me."

"And who would that be?" Iolaus asked.

"Hercules! Iolaus! So good to see you both." They turned to see a smiling Salmoneus. "Karen has been telling me about her new idea...she calls it a resort. It's sort of like an extra large inn, with lots of rooms, and activities. She thinks we could make some *real* dinars on it."

"Yeah," Karen grinned. "We have things like archery, fighting lessons, and Iolaus can teach hunting techniques. We'll make a fortune."

Iolaus groaned, and pulled her towards the inn. "But Iolaus, it *is* a good idea." She turned back. "Think about it Sal! I got some more ideas!"

"It sounds good to me," Salmoneus said. "So Hercules, you going to be staying long? I have another idea...."

"We're here for one night Salmoneus. We need to rest and relax. Okay?" Herc smiled at him. "Maybe we'll see you later."

"Sounds good," Salmoneus answered, and turned around, walking off. Herc grinned as he heard the salesman mumbling under his breath. "A resort huh? I wonder if Amphipolis has any extra land...."

Hercules headed back to the inn, and the soft bed waiting there...his ribs were killing him.

It was late when Ares appeared in their room, watching Hercules sleeping peacefully. Next to him, Iolaus lay with Karen in his arms. Ares sat down, next to his brother, brushing Herc's hair off of his face. The demigod slowly opened his eyes.

"The *other* Ares?" Ares nodded. "You want to tell me?"

Ares smiled at him. "I blocked her memories. I thought it would...well never mind what I thought. It was a bad idea...you told me that when we talked about it. I didn't listen. The memories have to be...."

Herc interrupted him. "Take them." It was a flat statement...in a tone that bridged no argument. Ares nodded, and Hercules closed his eyes, letting his mind relax. He heard Ares' voice in his head and let it wash over him....

"No more bad dreams...no more memories," Ares' voice whispered. He vanished, and Karen had the calmest night sleep she had had in a long time.

And, before he went back to his own time, Ares went off, to an orgy in Olynthus, that he had missed the first time around....

 

Part 14

 

Karen was awakened during the night by Hercules getting out of bed. She watched him walk to the window, and just stand there, staring at the moon.

"You okay Hercules?"

He turned, nodding to her. "Yeah...I can't sleep anymore."

Karen looked into the room. "Let's take a walk. That is, if Iolaus doesn't mind."

Hercules smiled. "Don't worry about him. If he wakes up and finds us *both* gone, he won't worry. Trust me on that."

The two got dressed, and Karen opened the door, walking out. Hercules was about to follow, when he heard Iolaus.

"Herc? Where are you going?"

"We can't sleep, so we're going to take a walk. You get some rest, okay?"

"Keep her out of trouble."

"I will." Hercules said, and Iolaus turned over and went back to sleep.

They walked for a while, heading out of town, coming to a clearing. Karen sat down, and Hercules sat beside her.

"Are you going to tell me what *really* happened with Goth?" Karen asked.

"He *didn't* hurt me," Hercules answered.

"I didn't ask you that Hercules. I know he couldn't have hurt you. Not in the physical sense anyway. You let him...you *let* him. To protect me."

"He would have hurt you," Hercules told her. "I know he would have anyway, but I had to buy us some time. It was the only way."

"Dammit Hercules, it was stupid. For a demigod, *you* are stupid."

The demigod glared at her. "What was I supposed to do? I didn't know where you were, and I wasn't about to take any chances. If he was with me, he couldn't be with you too." He cracked a small smile. "It was just sex between a demigod and a smelly barbarian. Iolaus has been to bed with worse." His attempt at levity was lost on her, and he saw it. "I'm okay...really."

Karen sighed, not completely believing him. "I don't understand something though. When we found you, you were dressed. Shouldn't we have found you naked?"

"He let me get dressed after," Hercules' voice lowered. "He said he didn't want me naked, where anyone else could see me. Said they might want some too, and he wasn't sharing."

"Are you going to tell Iolaus?"

Hercules shook his head. "I don't want you to tell him either."

Karen looked at him. "I won't. But *you* should. It *will* come out, one way or another. And when it does, it will most certainly be at the worst time." She stood, and pulled him to his feet. "Let's head back. I want to eat something. I'm still hungry."

Reaching the inn, Hercules left her, and he went up to the room.

Contrary to what she said, Karen wasn't in much of a mood for eating, but she lurked about downstairs for a while. When she finally went up, she stood outside the door, hearing Iolaus shouting.

"What the hell are you talking about! When?!"

She sat down, hearing Iolaus' voice get softer, until she could barely hear what was being said. A few words...."You should have told me." "It wasn't your fault." "I'm sorry."

Waiting a while, she finally went into the room, finding Hercules laying in Iolaus' arms, his face buried in Iolaus' chest. He was asleep, and she smiled at the hunter. "I'm glad he told you." She pulled off her boots and pants, climbing into the bed, and kissing him softly. "I love you Iolaus." Hercules shifted, and groaned in his sleep. "And I love you, oh brave and stupid demigod."

Iolaus smiled at her. "I love you too. And thanks for knocking some sense into his head. Or whatever you did to get him to tell me."

"I just talked to him, that's all."

"Secrets will always come back and bite you on the ass," Iolaus said. "If anybody knows about that, I do."

'So do I,' Karen thought. "Good night Iolaus."

"G'night love," Iolaus replied, yawning. "We have a long ride ahead of us tomorrow."

She nodded and drifted off to sleep with him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Morning came, and with it, a cranky demigod awoke. "I'm hungry."

"I thought that was Iolaus' line," Karen giggled, cracking her eyes open. She stretched, and moved into the demigod's arms. "Speaking of which, where is he?"

"I don't know," Hercules said. "By the way, I owe you thanks."

"For what?" Karen asked. "For being sensible on a rare occasion? No thanks necessary." She glanced down, and saw a roach, screaming so loud, that Iolaus, who had gone downstairs to get food, dropped the tray and ran into the room, ready for a fight. He ran in so fast, that Hercules flung Karen onto the floor, and stood, also ready for a fight.

"Iolaus! What are you doing?"

"What am *I* doing? What are you doing?"

"Owww," Karen groaned, picking herself up from the floor. "Hercules, why did you do that?"

"I didn't know it was Iolaus," he replied.

"And what would you do if it was a bunch of barbarians?" Karen said. "Hit them with your *friend*? It's big Hercules, but not that big. Iolaus where did you go? And we're both hungry. Go get us some breakfast."

"I *had* breakfast," he told her. "Now, it's all over the hallway, thanks to your scream."

"Then go get more," she smiled.

"With what? I blew the last of *our* dinars on the room, and the last of *yours* on the food."

"I got an idea." Karen said. "Hercules, why don't you go down, and tell the nice people that the son of Zeus needs food. I'm sure they'll give it to you. Then we can eat, and go home."

"I have a better idea," Hercules said. "Why don't we get dressed and go home. Sound good?" The demigod didn't wait for an answer. "Sounds good to me...let's go."

"I want food," Karen pouted.

"GET DRESSED!"

"DON'T YELL AT ME!"

"Then get dressed like a good girl...or the next spanking *won't* be apologized for."

"Iolaus...."

The hunter shook his head, cracking a smile. "Don't look at me. He's bigger. And he'll probably spank me too."

Karen picked up her clothes and walked into the washroom. Getting dressed, she climbed out the window, landing in the alley behind the inn. "Starve me, huh? I'll show them." She turned, coming face to face with the two men.

"Ready to go?" Iolaus asked.

"No, and you can't make me." Karen pushed past them, wandering into the middle of the town.

Hercules was fed up at this point. He walked over, and grabbed her by the arm. "We had a good morning, and now you're ruining it."

"I want something to eat!" She was fuming, and stormed off.

The demigod chased after her, Iolaus following. "Get back here!"

"NO!" Karen kept running, turning back to see where he was. She was suddenly knocked to the ground by a solid form in front of her, and looked up to see Hercules standing there.

"You'll never be able to elude a demigod, so don't even try." He smiled at her, putting out his hand.

She let him help her up. "I still want some food."

"Okay, I give. We'll go back to the inn, and I'll get you something to eat."

"Me too?" Iolaus asked.

"Don't push it," Hercules answered. He turned, and saw Karen wandering off again. "*Now* where are you going?"

"I see food. And you don't even have to get it for me." Karen grinned at them, and pointed.

Both men groaned at the sight she was pointing at.

"Herc, she'll be sick for a month."

"I don't know about that Iolaus. She's always been able to stomach his cooking."

"Hey, fast food man!" Karen yelled. "You got anything there for me."

"Ah, lovely lady," Falafel smiled, his rotten teeth showing. "For a friend of Hercules and Iolaus, I have anything and everything. Here, try this." He handed her what appeared to be a burrito.

"What is it?" Karen asked, as she began to eat. "I like it."

"I call it *Badger Surprise*. But it's not badger...that's the surprise."

She smiled at him. "It's good. You got anything else to eat? And have you thought about flossing?"

"I don't know what flossing is," he replied.

"Never mind." Karen reached around and picked up something that looked like ketchup. "Don't tell me...you dip the food in this, right?"

"How did you guess? I call it Falafel's Fire Sauce. But it's not made from fire."

"I didn't think it was." She dipped the food in, and her eyes immediately began to water. "Do you think you could give me the recipe for the sauce? I promise not to tell anyone."

"Well, since you are a friend of Hercules, I will tell you. First you take...." he didn't get a chance to finish.

"She doesn't cook," Iolaus said, pulling her away. "I feel safer that way."

"Hi Falafel," Herc said. "Bye Falafel."

"Next time, the recipe!" Karen screamed.

"Anything for you, my lady!" Falafel shouted back.

"You're mean," Karen laughed, as Iolaus dragged her to the stables. "And I'm still hungry."

"I'll catch you a fish for lunch, okay? How do you stomach that stuff anyway?"

"I love his cooking. Now, can we go home?"

"Yes," Iolaus said, as he mounted. Karen climbed up behind him. "I thought you weren't riding with me anymore."

"I changed my mind."

Hercules mounted the other horse, and smiled at the two. "No fast riding, okay? I may be healed, but I still can't stand horses."

Iolaus grinned at him. "TO THEBES!" The hunter shouted, and brought the horse to an immediate gallop.

Herc sat there for a moment, and patted the horse. "Don't worry. We're not going that fast." He took off at a leisurely gait, following the other two.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was dark out when they decided to make camp, and the weather was turning.

Karen shivered as she sat beside the fire. "It's probably going to snow." She reached for her pack, pulling out the blanket.

"You'll live through the night." Iolaus smiled. He wrapped the blanket around them, and pulled her close.

Hercules sat beside them, and handed her a flask. "It's decent stuff, and it should warm you up."

"I can think of other ways to warm up," Karen grinned, as she took the flask, and took a deep drink.

"Not in this weather," Iolaus laughed. "I promise to make it up to you when we're in a warm bed."

"I'll hold you to that," she answered, laughing with him. She cuddled closer, and felt the demigod moving his arms around the two of them. "Nothing like a warm demigod, right Iolaus?"

"Uh-huh. Nothing like it."

By the time morning came, Karen and Iolaus were both shivering, and Karen just stared at the demigod, who didn't seem to be feeling the cold.

"Divine blood," Iolaus laughed, seeing her look. "He doesn't feel the cold like us ordinary mortals."

"Yeah, well this mortal is freezing." She mounted the horse, and Iolaus climbed up behind her.

Hercules wrapped the blanket around the two of them, and mounted his horse. "I think we should stay in Thermopylae this evening. We'll be home tomorrow."

"Where do we get the money to pay for a room?" Karen asked.

"Nobody is going to turn down Hercules," Iolaus laughed. "We'll get the biggest room in the place."

"Translated, that means Iolaus will wash dishes," Hercules added.

They arrived late afternoon, and, while the men took care of getting the horses settled, Karen headed to the nearest inn. The place was empty, and she asked for a room, with a private bath.

"Twenty dinars," the innkeeper said.

"No money available," Karen said softly.

"Then you can pay some other way."

"Okay," Karen smiled. "I can wash dishes."

"That's not what I was talking about." He eyed her from head to toe, licking his lips.

"Oh, no, that's not what I meant," Karen said. "I don't do that sort of thing."

"A woman alone, wanting a room, and you don't do that sort of thing?" The man chuckled, and came out from behind the counter.

"Look, I'm not alone," Karen said, backing away. "I'm with...Hercules and Iolaus. Iolaus, he can get pretty jealous, why I don't know, but he does. And Herc, he's usually mellow, but he wouldn't like you suggesting that."

"The son of Zeus? Well, if Hercules wants a room, he can have the biggest room in the place, with a bath, and all his food on the house." The tone was sarcastic, and he didn't hear the men coming in, and standing behind him.

Karen smiled. "Let me get this straight. Hercules, and anyone traveling with him, could get the biggest room, a hot bath, and all the food he and his friends could eat? For no charge?"

"No problem."

Iolaus began to giggle, and the man turned, his mouth dropping open.

"We want a room with a view, a large tub, and a seven course meal," Karen said, giggling herself.

Hercules sighed. "A small room will suffice, any size tub you have is fine, and bread and fruit will do. We'll be back to pay you at a later time. You have my word."

"I want meat," Karen whined.

"Me too," Iolaus added.

"Shut up, the two of you." Hercules turned to the innkeeper, who was walking to the dining room.

"I'll have the cook bring you some food, and have the bath prepared."

"You do that!" Karen snapped. "And make it quick!"

"Look, I'm kind of tired," Hercules said. "You two have something to eat, and I'll see you later." He headed upstairs, and Karen and Iolaus went to eat.

They sat down, and Karen was picking at her food, yawning as she ate, and Iolaus smiled at her. "Go on up. I'll see you in the room later. I'm still hungry."

"You're a pig," Karen laughed, "but I love you anyway."

Karen entered the room, finding the tub filled with hot steamy water, and the demigod asleep, sprawled across the bed. She poked him, and he cracked an eye open. "Tub's ready."

"Go away," Hercules mumbled, turning over.

"That's twice today you sounded like Iolaus."

Hercules turned back, smiling at her. "No reason to insult me. Now take a bath...you reek."

She took off her clothes, and climbed into the tub. "How come you don't smell so bad? Does it have to do with the demigod thing?"

"Yeah," Iolaus laughed from the doorway, "not only does he not feel cold like us ordinary mortals, he doesn't give off body odors either." The hunter stripped off his clothes, joining her in the tub.

"Tub's not so big Iolaus," she said, trying to stretch out. "Can't you wait until I'm finished?"

"Don't need a big tub." Iolaus pulled her onto his lap. "Just enough room."

Karen pushed him away. "Iolaus, I want a bath. I am filthy."

"I'll help you," he murmured, taking the cloth and running it down her arm.

She grabbed the cloth from him. "I want a *bath* Iolaus."

"Okay," Iolaus said softly.

They finished up, and both teased the demigod, until Hercules finally stripped himself, albeit hesistantly, and climbed into the tub. He lay back, closing his eyes, the water soothing him, and he found himself starting to drift off. Visions began to flood his mind....

Goth entering the room, ordering Hercules to strip; the demigod acquiesing, fearful for Karen's safety; bending over the bed, entered with no preparation; pain...so much pain; screaming in his mind for Iolaus to help him; begging Goth to stop; Goth's laughter; the beating after, then more pain; Goth telling him to get dressed....

Hercules' eyes flew open, and he got out of the tub, wrapping a towel around his waist. Glancing at the bed, he saw Iolaus laying down, Karen in his arms, watching her sleep. He climbed in behind Iolaus, nuzzling his neck, and Iolaus leaned back, his lips upon Hercules'. "She's exhausted," he whispered. Laying her onto her back, he pushed Hercules' from the bed, taking a blanket, and laying it by the fireplace. Sitting down, he motioned Hercules to sit beside him. "I know what *really* happened with Goth. It was more then just sex...he *hurt* you."

"How...."

"Hercules, I know *you*. I knew it was more when I came back into the room, and you had broken his nose. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you."

"You said that already Iolaus. Nothing for you to be sorry for." He reached out, stroking his fingers along Iolaus' cheek. "I couldn't do anything Iolaus. You weren't there, and I was so alone. Is that how you felt....?"

Iolaus lowered his eyes. "Yeah, I guess." He paused, raising his head, his eyes meeting Hercules'. "I love you Herc. Nothing Goth did could ever change that. You're still the bravest man I know...except when it comes to mice."

"He's afraid of mice?" Karen mumbled from the bed.

"Oh yeah," Iolaus giggled.

"Let me get this straight," Karen snorted, "*you*, Hercules, son of Zeus, strongest man in Greece, fight Hydras and other scary beasts, and you're afraid of *mice*?"

"You were afraid of that little bug this morning," Herc laughed.

"Little? That roach could have bitten my arm off."

"Your arm?"

"Well, it could have nipped my finger." She smiled at them. "I guess I get the bed to myself tonight. Good." She stretched out, then felt the hand on her calf, pulling her off the bed...right into the demigod's arms.

Hercules looked down at her. "I don't blame you. And I don't want you blaming yourself either."

Karen nodded. "I won't, I promise." Hercules kissed her, but she pulled away, shaking her head. "I'm not the one you need right now." She hopped up on the bed, and crawled under the blanket. "Try do keep it quiet. Some of us want to sleep...and go home tomorrow." Karen turned over, and pulled the blanket over her head.

Iolaus leaned down, kissing Hercules softly. "How about I just hold you for a while?"

Hercules' voice was a whisper. "I'd like that Iolaus...."

Hercules was awakened by a hand on his shoulder, shaking him, and cracked open his eyes to find Karen smiling at him.

"Iolaus went to go check on the horses, and get some food. He promises not to drop any of it. And he didn't think you should wake up alone."

Hercules nodded, and rolled onto his back, pulling Karen atop him. "What is it about you...." his voice trailed off as her lips pressed against his.

Breaking the kiss, she giggled. "I don't know Hercules. I asked Iolaus that and you know the answer. He didn't have one. But if you figure out why you like me, let me know, okay?"

"I love you," he said, matter-of-factly.

Karen shifted away. "I know."

Hercules pulled her back. "Why do you *still* find it difficult to believe? You remember what Autolycus said? The three of us make a good couple." Karen couldn't supress the grin. "My mother would have liked you."

"She does," Karen said. At Hercules' look, she continued. "What do you think I did the entire time I was in Hades' domain? Persephone brought me to your mother. She thought it would be good if I met Alcmene. Kinda weird...the visit is a bit hazy."

"That would be normal after leaving the underworld," Hercules said. "Even my own visits are a bit unclear. It has something to do with coming back to the living."

Karen snuggled closer, feeling his cock swelling, and moved away again. "Hercules, I don't know if now is the time...."

"No," he said softly. "It's not." He sat up. "Where is Iolaus?" His stomach growled. "I'm hungry."

The two got dressed, and went downstairs.

Finding no sign of Iolaus, they spoke to the innkeeper. Iolaus had never shown up to get any food.

They wandered to the stables, and the blacksmith said the same thing. Iolaus had never shown up.

Hercules was beginning to worry. "This isn't like him, to just take off. Let's go back to the inn. Somebody had to have seen him."

They asked the innkeeper again, but he insisted he hadn't seen Iolaus. The other patrons said the same. Finally, they spoke to a serving wench, who was leaving the inn.

Yes, she had seen Iolaus. He left with his friends, and they had to hold him up. He was obviously drunk, he couldn't stand up on his own. And why hadn't the innkeeper told them? He had been there.

Hercules thanked her, she left, and he turned back to Karen.

Karen, however, was heading toward the man, her hands balled into fists.

Hercules pulled her back. "*Don't* move." Karen nodded. Walking over to the innkeeper, Hercules grabbed him by the shirt, and pulled him to his feet. "You have one minute to tell me what happened to Iolaus."

"They told me if I said anything, I'd be dead."

"I'll kill you myself if you don't tell me what happened!" Hercules' voice, and the look in his eyes, left no doubt that he would do just that. "TALK!"

"They headed south," the man choked out. "That's all I know."

Hercules dropped him. "If I find out you lied...." He grabbed Karen by the arm. "Let's get a change of clothes, and get after him."

They went upstairs, but the demigod had no intention of allowing Karen to come with him. As soon as they entered the room, Hercules pushed her into the closet, jamming the door so she couldn't open it.

"Hercules, let me out of here."

"Not a chance. You let me take care of this. Whatever happens, I'll feel better knowing just where you are."

"Hercules?" She heard the front door open, then close, the realization that he had left her sinking in. "HERCULES!!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Iolaus had walked downstairs, and asked the innkeeper for some breakfast. The man glared at him, and turned, walking into the kitchen. Iolaus didn't pay attention to the footsteps behind him, didn't think twice. The next thing he knew was a sharp pain in his head, and the room growing dark.

He awoke shivering, on a cold floor, and realized he was in a small room, some light coming in from under the doorway . He managed to get to his feet, and, as his eyes adjusted, he got a better look at his surroundings. His eyes widened as he saw the body on the floor beside him. Although the face was bruised, Iolaus recognized him immediately...it was Iphicles. Before his mind could comprehend what he was seeing, he heard the door open, heard the voice, deep and menacing.

"You didn't think *all* my men were with me, did you?" Iolaus turned, meeting Goth's glare. "You don't know what *real* pain is...yet." Iolaus was backhanded, and tasted the blood in his mouth. But he didn't fall, standing there, facing the barbarian.

"What about the King? How much ransom are we going to demand?" Bledar asked.

"The ransom is simple. An exchange. Hercules and that bitch, for the King of Corinth."

Bledar shook his head. "I still think this was a bad idea, Goth. You're gonna piss off the son of Zeus. You got his lover, and his brother. He's not going to take this lightly."

"Herc's gonna kick your ass." Iolaus smirked, and was punched in the face, the blow knocking him to his knees. The two left, and Iolaus was thankful they didn't tie him up...maybe he could find a way out of here.

Iphicles began to stir, and Iolaus watched as his eyes fluttered open. "Hey Iph, fancy meeting you here."

"They came out of nowhere," Iphicles whispered. "My men fell so fast...." At Iolaus' shocked look, Iphicles shook his head. "They're alive Iolaus. Most of them, anyway. He's going to sell them in the slave markets."

"Herc's on his way. I know that." Iolaus smiled. "Unfortunately, he'll have to bring Karen with him. And I just got finished telling her to stay out of trouble."

"Did you give her Herc's lecture number eight?" Iphicles asked, smiling back.

Iolaus chuckled, saying, "No, I went straight to number twelve." His demeanor abruptly changed. "Iph, why didn't you call...I mean...."

Iphicles shook his head vehemently. "No. No. No. I can't call Ares for everything. I'll get out of this without his help. Between me and you Iolaus, we should be able to figure a way out of here."

"Well, if we don't," Iolaus sighed, "we have to wait for Herc to rescue both of us. He'll never let either of us live it down."

"That's incentive enough," Iphicles said, getting to his feet. "Let's get to thinking."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hercules opted to go on foot, knowing that if he took a horse, he might very well lose any type of trail that was left. Based on what he found, he knew that someone wanted him to follow. The tracks were easy to find, and it took a short while before he was surrounded by a dozen men, all glaring at him. One voice spoke up, and, moved to the front.

"Well, well, long time no see, demigod." Bledar's voice cut to the quick, and if Hercules hadn't been so worried about Iolaus, he would have sent the man straight to Tartarus without hesitation. "Don't worry...you'll be seeing your little friend real soon. And someone else you know and love." Hercules stayed calm, and allowed Bledar to chain his wrists. "Yeah, we know you can break those. But if you do, you'll discover the consequences."

Fear for Iolaus foremost in his mind, Hercules allowed himself to be led away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Karen had spent the better part of an hour banging and screaming, before the innkeeper finally heard her and managed to open the door.

"Look, you just keep the son of Zeus away from me. I didn't know what was going on...only that my life was in danger. I didn't...."

The man didn't get a chance to finish. Karen picked up a chair and broke it over his head. "Now," she looked down at the body, "I believe you said they headed south." She pulled on a sweater, picked up Iolaus' sword, and headed to the stables. But, like Hercules, she had second thoughts, and followed on foot, picking up the trail as easily as Hercules had. 'Too fucking easy,' she thought. 'Why would somebody leave such a simple trail? Oh, of course, stupid idiot, it's a trap. Fuck, Karen, you've seen enough movies to figure that out. Now, do you fall into it, or not? Not.'

Looking up at the trees, she began to climb, hoping to get a better view of the surrounding area. She nearly fell halfway, and grimaced. "Keep it up Karen, and you'll be having supper with Hades." Reaching the top, she got a great view...of nothing. No people around, no horses, nothing. Her eyes finally spotted a building, but there was no activity. "Well, it's the only place around, might as well look there. Oh great, now you're talking to yourself. Maybe a trip to a shrink would be in order." She climbed down, moving as quietly as she could, approaching the building, and getting a closer look.

There were a few men around, and she was about to move on, when she heard them talking.

"The son of Zeus, *and* his brother."

"Yeah, well Goth says that we get to have the blond. I still owe that ratbag from two years ago. He slept with my wife."

Karen smiled to herself. 'Iolaus has slept with *everybody's* wife.' Waiting until the men went inside, she climbed onto the roof, and spotted the chimney. 'Now I get to make like Santa Claus.' She looked down, and gulped. 'Nice...now, how to get down.' She climbed into the chimney, trying to brace herself against the sides, but all that happened, was that she slid all the way down to the bottom. As she crawled out, covered with soot, she looked around. 'Somebody must be watching out for me...nothing broken, and nobody in the room.' Walking into the hallway, she heard more voices, and ducked into an alcove. She recognized them.

"Where's the bitch?" Goth asked. "I wanted her more then Hercules."

Bledar answered him. "I don't know. The demigod was alone. You want I should try to find her?"

"She'll show up," Goth said. "Put more guards along the perimeter. When she shows up, I want her brought to me. Right now, I want another piece of the son of Zeus."

 

Part 15

 

Karen watched as they passed her, letting out the breath she had been holding. 'Maybe you should try to get some help? Yeah, you should. Don't try to be the hero this time. But where the hell are you supposed to get help?' She got her answer from the door opening behind her. Turning swiftly, the sword ready, she stopped as she saw one of Iphicles' guards peeking out. She couldn't help the giggle. "Antiseptic, what are you doing *here*?"

"It's Antaeus, and I've been here for a while. Goth's men jumped us...there were so many. I managed to slip away, and I've been hiding since."

"Nothing wrong with that," Karen smiled. "Now, do you know where everybody is?"

"The King and Iolaus are in a cell...that way. I saw Hercules brought down the hall, but I don't know where he is. As for the other guards, they're in a building on the East side. Goth's going to sell them in the slave markets. He's taking them tomorrow morning." He paused. "I'm Captain of the Royal Guard...I should have done something."

"You did," Karen smiled. "You're free, not with your men. Now, let's play hero and rescue everyone. Think what this will do to your reputation. Now, not only do you get to save your King, and your men, but you get to save Hercules and Iolaus too. I bet that scores you points with the ladies of Corinth." Antaeus refused to meet her gaze. "Hercules will say you did the right thing...trust me on that."

He finally looked up at her. "You think so?"

"You're free aren't you? And everyone else is either dead or locked up? I'd say that makes you pretty smart. I, however, will be beaten by the demigod when he gets his hands on me." Karen grinned at him. "Shall we go?"

He nodded. "Where to first?"

"To get your men...then we kick ass."

They had no problem getting outside, and none getting to the other building. The mercenaries were watching for anyone trying to get in...not anyone *already* inside. The door was open, and they entered. Iphicles' guards seemed okay for the most part. The only problem was getting the cell doors open.

"Antaeus...we thought you were dead!" yelled one of the guards. "Nice to see you breathing. But unless you have a key, I don't think we'll be getting out of here."

"He's right, you know," Antaeus agreed. "You can't pick locks like these, and a sword will break in two."

Karen looked at the scabbard in her hand. The sword within was made by Hercules and Ares...maybe forged with steel by Hephaestus. If it was, it could break the lock. If it wasn't, well, Iolaus would yell at her for breaking the sword. 'I'll deal with getting yelled at....' She unsheathed the sword, shrugged at Antaeus, and struck the lock.

Antaeus eyes widened as the lock shattered, and Karen sighed in relief. She moved to the next door, repeating the motions. When she was finished, one of the men asked, "How come the sword didn't break?"

Karen giggled. "It's Iolaus' sword." She left it at that, and got serious. "Goth's men are scouting the perimeter...looking for me. You should be able to take them out. There are men in the other building. I don't know how many...plus Hercules, Iolaus, and Iphicles. Iolaus and Iphicles are locked up in a cell. Antaeus, you and some of your men go find them."

Antaeus nodded. "And Hercules?"

"I know where he is," Karen said. "I'm going to get him." Before anyone could stop her, she was out the door, and entering the other building.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hercules was brought to a large room, by two guards. Goth followed, then dismissed the guards. He faced the demigod. "You can take off the manacles now." Hercules snapped them off, his eyes not leaving Goth's. "Now, take off your clothes." Hercules didn't move. "I have your lover this time, make no mistake about that. You could break out of here, searching for him. But he'll be dead by the time you find him. Now...*strip*." Hercules began to take off his clothes.

Karen had a bit of a problem finding Hercules. She had assumed he would be in the biggest room, but it was empty. "Dammit! Now what? Wait for Iolaus, and hope Herc is okay? Sadistic son-of-a-bitch could be doing who knows what to him."

*In there.* A voice in her head.

Karen turned, but saw no one, and ignored it.

*In *there*.*

"Ares." Karen said aloud, realizing whose voice it was she heard. Moving down the hall, she came to a door and wasted no time trying to kick it in. Being it was bolted, however, all that happened was she fell on her ass.

Goth's voice. "Do what I say, or your little blond friend is going to end up with my guards."

"You hurt Iolaus, and I will watch you rot in Tartarus." Hercules' voice.

"Then you better cooperate."

'How the fuck am I supposed to get in there?' She looked around. "Well, God of War, you led me here, now help me get in."

Ares was standing there, grinning at her. "When this is finished, *you* are *mine*."

"Ares, do you know who Goth has in a cell with Iolaus? Can't you feel him?" Ares let his senses reach out, and his face went pale. "Yeah. He has Iphicles. Now get this door open."

Ares growled, and vanished, and the door swung open.

Hercules was bent over the bed, Goth poised over him, holding him by the hips, ready to rape the demigod. Without thinking, Karen lunged at him, pulling Goth from Hercules, and knocking him to the floor. He easily threw her off, and she flew into the wall, nearly losing consciousness. She shook her head, trying to focus, and watched as an *extremely* angry demigod picked Goth up, and shoved his head into the mirror. Hercules was upon him in an instant, hitting him over and over, and Karen watched the bruises quickly forming on his face.

"Hercules, stop! You'll kill him!"

"He deserves it," Hercules answered, though she saw he hadn't really heard her.

"Hercules. Stop. Please." Her voice was gentle, and, strangely, *that* tone seemed to get through. The demigod did stop, turning to her.

"Get dressed Hercules." He stood, staring at her, and picked up his clothes, putting them on. He sat on the edge of the bed, still staring. 'Great. A zoned out demigod.' She sat beside him. "Hercules...Herc...you okay?"

This time he did turn and face her. "Where's Iolaus?" He sounded frantic. "And Iph? I have to find them." He stood, but she took his hand gently, sitting him back down.

"It's okay Hercules. By now, Antaeus and his men have found Iolaus and Iphicles."

"Don't tell him what happened," Hercules said firmly.

"I won't," Karen said softly. "I'll leave that up to you. We'll just act...naturally." She looked down at Goth's still body. "I think we should get him dressed. Or at least half dressed."

Hercules nodded, and the two managed to get most of his clothes on when they heard Iolaus and Iphicles, banging on doors, shouting, "HERCULES! WHERE ARE YOU!"

Karen opened the door, and stuck her head out. "I already found him boys. You can stop bellowing."

"Aww Herc. I never get to rescue you," Iolaus pouted. He turned to Karen. "And you, I'm surprised he let you come along."

"I didn't," Hercules said, raising an eyebrow at her. "I locked her in the closet." He shook his head at Iphicles. "Iphy, I leave you alone for a minute and you get yourself kidnapped. What am I going to do with you?"

"Herc, you sure you're okay?" Iphicles asked, narrowing his eyes. He knew that look...it was a look both got from Alcmene. The 'don't bother asking, because I'm not telling' look. "I'm glad you're okay." He hugged Hercules.

"Thanks," Hercules said.

"Iphy?" Karen began to giggle, then tried to regain her composure. "It doesn't fit...." She had another laugh attack.

"Nobody calls him Iphy but *me*," Hercules said, smiling at her. "And make sure that this piece of garbage gets to prison this time." He knelt before Goth, who was unconscious, and hit him one last time. He stood, turning back to his brother. "You think you can get home okay? Or do you need an escort?"

"We have all of his men. Bledar was quite happy to do a head count."

"What makes you so sure he's telling the truth?" Karen asked.

"Ares had a few words with him." The King grinned. "Once Iolaus and I got ourselves out, on our own, I decided to ask for some divine intervention. He was kind of pissed I didn't call him sooner, but I told him I'd make it up to him."

"I don't want to know," Hercules said.

Once again goodbye's were said, once again Iolaus reminded Iphicles about Karen *not* owing Ares, once more Iphicles agreed, and, once again, he leered at the woman as she was leaving. "That is a nice ass," he murmured to himself.

"Maybe you'd like to play with it sometime?" Ares asked, from beside him.

Iphicles smiled. "Maybe...."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They stopped back in Thermopylae and entered the inn, Hercules and Iolaus staring at Karen as she started to whistle.

She suddenly stopped, noticing the twin looks, and smiled at them. "'The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly'...." she paused, taking a deep breath. "Never mind. Let's just say, Hercules, that you're almost as cool as Clint."

While Hercules spoke with the chambermaid about getting them a hot bath, and Iolaus went to talk to the serving wench about food, Karen got a glimpse of the innkeeper coming out of the kitchen. "I think I'm gonna break his arms."

Iolaus turned at the moment, seeing her tear across the room, grab the man by his shirt, and throw him over the bar. Diving over, she pounced on him, and punched him in the face. She pulled her fist back for another punch, when it was grabbed by a much larger hand.

"There's been enough violence for one day," Hercules said softly. "It's time to heal."

Karen nodded, and Hercules helped her up. She walked toward the stairs, while Iolaus

walked over to the innkeeper, helped him to his feet, smiled at him, and knocked him out cold. "*Now* it's time to heal." They turned, and Iolaus groaned. "Where'd she go *now*?"

"If you're looking for the woman that was with you," a man said, "she went upstairs."

They nodded to him, and went up after her. They found her in the bathing room, cleaning the soot off of herself.

"We have a bath coming," Hercules pointed out.

"Yeah, I know. But I was so dirty, I figured I better get some of this off of me. You know how much I love hot baths. I'll meet you in the room."

Hercules nodded, and turned around, but Iolaus stood there. "Get out of the tub."

"But I need to get cleaned up Iolaus," Karen whined.

He pulled her up and out of the tub, wrapping her in a towel. "Not in a public place you don't."

"Iolaus, who's going to touch me? I have *this*." She picked up the sword. "Did you know it was forged in Hephaestus'...forge?"

Iolaus nodded. "Where else would Herc and Ares go to make me one? The local smith?"

"Well, it's mine now." Karen giggled. "You can't have it back. So you're going to have to make yourself a new one."

"Keep it," Iolaus smiled. "Now, get to the room. Or do I have to carry you?"

"Carry me."

Iolaus sighed, walked over, and tossed her over his shoulder. "Herc, get her clothes, would ya?"

Sometime later, they were settled in the room, the tub ready, and enough food to keep them all happy.

Iolaus was already in the tub, leaning back, smiling at the demigod, who sat opposite him. The two had a tray of food beside them, and were happily throwing pieces of fruit at each other.

Karen finally climbed into the tub, in between the two, and began to soap herself, shifting away from Iolaus when he reached for her.

"You don't like me anymore?" he asked, pouting at her.

"I'm tired Iolaus...lemme alone."

"*You* have *got* to be kidding!" He grabbed her, pulling her into his lap. "Kiss me." Karen laid her lips gently against his, then tried to move away again. "What kind of kiss was that?" He pulled their mouths close. "This is what I had in mind." The kiss was deep, his tongue taking hers, and she was gasping by the time he broke it. "Now *that* was a kiss. Let's have another." Karen shook her head, and he let her go, albeit reluctantly, tilting his head, a little confused. "You want to tell me?"

"Nothing to tell. Look, all I want to do is wash, dry, hit the spin cycle, and get some sleep."

"The 'spin cycle'?" Iolaus asked.

"Never mind Iolaus. Look, tomorrow we go home, I hope, although I doubt it. I somehow get the feeling that something's going to happen, and I'm not going to see Thebes for a while."

"Oh yes we are," Iolaus said. "No bad guys, no nothing..." he smiled at Hercules. "...just some down time."

Karen pushed away, climbing out of the tub, and grabbing a towel. "That's enough for me. You two do what you want...I'm going to sleep."

She snuggled under the blanket, watching the two men before her.

The two climbed from the tub, kneeling before the fire, drying each other slowly, and they both smiled. Iolaus wasn't moving, and Hercules understood...Iolaus wanted to make sure that Hercules was okay with this before he touched him.

Hercules leaned in for a kiss. Iolaus met the kiss, moving his arms around Herc's shoulders. The demigod immediately stiffened, breaking the kiss, and looking away.

"It's okay Herc," Iolaus said softly. "I'll just hold you for a while. When you're ready, I'll still be here." He stroked Herc's brow. "I love you. I told you...*nothing* will ever change that." He pulled Hercules into his arms, kissing the top of his head. "Nothing." He pulled the blanket over the two of them.

It took a while, but both men finally fell asleep.

Karen opened her eyes a while later, watching the two. Hercules with his face buried in Iolaus' chest, Iolaus holding the demigod close, almost protecting him. Every so often, Hercules would jerk in his sleep, and Iolaus would soothe him, not waking either. She crept out of bed, went to the chair and grabbed her clothes.

Both men were so exhausted, and preoccupied, even while sleeping, that neither heard her walk out the door.

Karen wandered downstairs, the innkeeper keeping his distance. Taking a table in the back room, away from the rest of the crowd, she began to drink. She had made it to her fourth draught, when a group of men entered. Three of them came into the room, and sat with her.

"How much for the night?" One of the men asked.

"Huh?"

"You heard him," said another. "How much for the night?"

Karen began to giggle. "You couldn't afford me. Now go away." She turned back to her ale, but the men didn't leave. "Look guys, you seem nice...sort of...but if I were you, I'd leave me alone."

"And why would we do that?"

Karen drew her sword. "Because I'll cut you to pieces if you don't."

The men started to laugh. "Three of us, and one of you. And a girl at that. You ain't Xena, honey."

"You're right," Karen said, resheathing the sword. "I'm not Xena. Knowing her, she would have knocked you all unconscious by now, without drawing her sword. So...." She stood, and tackled the man, punching him in the face, and bloodying his nose.

"Stupid bitch!"

"I hate being called that." She whirled, picking up her mug, and smashing it in another's face. "Now go away." She walked toward the bar, to get another mug, but her arm was grabbed, and she was pulled backwards, onto the table. She flipped over, and kicked a man in the face, but stumbled, falling over a chair, and landing on the floor. Two of the men stood over her, leering at her, and she groaned, holding her head. 'This is not good.' She kicked one in the kneecaps, knocking him down, and punched the other in the balls. One of the men got up, and she sighed, continuing to fight.

She was doing okay, until the man whose nose she bloodied managed to get behind her, and punched her in the lower back, knocking her to her knees. She was pushed onto her back, and the man straddled her body, sitting on her chest. She made a fist, but both her arms were grabbed, and pulled over her head. The man astride her began to undo his codpiece, and she began to struggle to free herself. But, before he could do anything, he was lifted into the air, a hand around his throat, squeezing the air out of his lungs.

"Don't touch her. Understand?"

Karen took a moment to breathe, seeing the demigod standing there, looking quite pissed off. The man nodded, and Hercules dropped him, glaring at the others. "OUT!" The men took off, leaving the two alone.

She stood up, sitting back at the table, returning to her ale, half expecting Hercules to try and stop her from drinking anymore. To her surprise, he sat next to her, calling the serving wench over, and asking for more ale.

"Before you ask, I got hungry, and thirsty, and I *don't* have to ask permission to eat and drink."

"No, you don't." He smiled at her, lifting his mug, and downing the contents in one gulp. He quickly refilled it, and sighed. "You get kidnapped again, and Iolaus will kill you." The second mug was emptied just as quickly.

"And what about you?"

"What about me?" Hercules quickly made mug number three disappear, then gave up and finished the ale straight from the ewer. He leered at her, and pulled her over the table, into his lap, kissing her. "Will you let me touch you?"

"Is that what you want?"

"Yes."

Karen nodded, and felt the hands gliding across her body, the lips crushing hers. Under her shirt, around to the small of her back, pulling her tighter. It was almost painful, and Karen tried to push him away, but the demigod wasn't letting her go. He stood, holding her in his arms, and carried her upstairs.

Iolaus opened his eyes when he heard the door fly open, staring at the two of them. The door was kicked shut by Hercules, who threw Karen on the bed, ignoring Iolaus, and moving towards her. He stripped off his clothes as he moved across the room, climbed on the bed, and tore her shirt off. He pulled off her boots, then slid her pants down, kneeling between her legs. Reaching out, he grabbed her by the hair, and kissed her again. This time it *was* painful, and, when he broke the kiss, he nuzzled her neck, then bit her shoulder. Karen screamed, and tried to push him off, but it was impossible. His mouth moved down her body, to a breast, and he took a nipple in his mouth, biting hard.

The pain was too much for her, and Karen started to cry, albeit silently, her eyes meeting Iolaus'. She shook her head when he made a move towards them, allowing the demigod to do what he wanted.

A moment later, Hercules stopped suddenly. "He hurt me. You thought he couldn't, but he did."

Iolaus did move this time, crawling beside them, rubbing Hercules' back, the two holding him. "'S'okay Herc. I should have stopped it. I don't know how, but I should have."

Hercules looked up, and kissed Karen again, this time softly, shifting so she was under him. His cock slid inside her, and he stilled, before moving back slightly, pushing in again. Iolaus lay atop him, his hands moving slowly over Hercules' back, whispering to him. "Love you Herc...always...always love you." He didn't touch Hercules anywhere else, knowing why Hercules was doing this now. Karen was 'safe', she couldn't hurt him, and he needed that. Iolaus' own experiences had, unfortunately, taught him well.

"Touch me Iolaus," Hercules whispered. "Show me you still love me."

Iolaus hesistated, but reached over to the nightstand, grabbing the lamp, and pulling the top off, dipping his fingers in. He hesitated again, before spreading Hercules' cheeks, easing a finger slowly inside, while his other hand stroked his cock. His entrance into the demigod was slow, and Hercules began to moan, pushing back, wanting more. "Need you to love me Iolaus...please...."

Iolaus bit his lip, wanting to take this slow and easy. Hercules, however, had different ideas. His movements within Karen became feral, and Iolaus couldn't help but move with him, moving deeper, filling Hercules, until the three were moving together.

At this point, Karen knew she was nothing but an outlet for Hercules' pain, but it didn't matter. If this was what he wanted, she would go along with it. Her hands wound in his hair, pulling his lips to hers, and the two kissed hard, Hercules sucking on her tongue, almost feeding off of it.

How long they moved like this, they would never know. All three had pain and guilt over what had happened, all three releasing it. Their orgasms slowly built into a frenzy of lust, breaths coming deeper, until all three had release. Unlike their previous times together, this time there weren't any moans of passion at the point of climax, no whispers of love, only release. Shifting, they separated quickly, Hercules laying between the two. His head fell back against Iolaus' chest, and Karen lay hers in the crook of Hercules' arm, said arm coming around her, holding her close.

"It'll be okay," she whispered. "I promise."

Hercules' eyes met hers. "I know."

Morning came, and Hercules opened his eyes, looking down into Karen's. "Hi."

She smiled back, and peered over his shoulder at the hunter, who was snoring, and sprawled on the other side of the bed, halfway onto the floor. "Hi yourself. Feeling better Hercules?"

"I think so," he said softly. "I'm sorry for last night."

"Nothing to be sorry for. Love means never having to say you're sorry." Her eyes widened at her use of such a hokey phrase, but all Hercules did was grin at her.

"Wise words...and very true. Did you sleep at all?"

"Not much," she said. "But *he* did." She nodded to Iolaus, who was mumbling in his sleep.

"Iolaus would sleep even in the event of...an atomic attack, whatever that is."

"Where did you hear that?"

"Your time. It was on that TV thing."

"What else did the TV thing say?"

"Duck and cover."

Karen began to giggle, and snuggled into his arms. "Feels good."

Iolaus, at that moment, rolled over, and, still sleeping, moved his arm around Hercules, his cock coming to rest at Hercules' ass. He nuzzled at Herc's neck, holding Hercules closer. "I'll take care of you Herc...always." His snoring resumed, and Karen turned over, away from him.

Hercules ran his fingers down her arm, kissing her shoulder, noticing the bruise that had been left there. "I'm sorry for *that*."

"I know," she murmured, snuggling closer, sighing as his arm held her, as Iolaus held him. "I love you, oh brave demigod. And I know what you're thinking. He still loves you. He told you that." She felt Iolaus' arm come around, felt Hercules body pushed towards hers, heard Iolaus whisper in his sleep.

"Herc, love you. Nobody else...just you."

Karen stiffened, and Hercules turned her, so they were facing again. "He's asleep...and he does love you. No matter what he says in his sleep." She nodded, although doubt was creeping into her mind again, as it had a week before. "I know that look. I saw it before. Don't doubt it...*ever*. We just need time to heal, that's all."

"I'm not tired anymore," she said, sitting up. "I'm going to get some food." Hercules raised an eyebrow at her, but she smiled at him. "I'll be back in five minutes."

"Maybe I should go with you," he said.

She shook her head, pulling her clothes on. "If I need you, I'll scream." He watched her go, then decided to follow her. She went downstairs, headed out the door, and went to the stables, taking one of the horses.

"I'll make sure she's alright," Athena's voice came from behind him. "Leave her be, little brother. She's got enough guilt inside for fifty demigods."

He turned to face his sister. "I thought you weren't allowed to interfere anymore. At least that's what Ares told her."

"I'm not interfering Herc. I'm keeping an eye on her. Look, she's heading south, towards Thebes. She's going home. She needs someone to talk to, someone unbiased, who won't blame her for what happened."

"Nobody blames her," Hercules said.

"She does. But I think she'll be okay. The question is, will *you* be okay?"

He smiled at her. "You know, I think I will be."

She vanished, and Hercules looked around. "What's with the weather? It was freezing the last two days, now it's like summer again."

*Demeter has a soft spot for you,* Athena's voice said, in his head.

Hercules nodded, and went back to the inn to get Iolaus.

 

Part 16

 

Karen reached Thebes in a few hours, leaving the horse in the local stables, and walked around the village, getting smiles from everyone. She ate at Nireus' tavern, then headed into the bakery, getting a big smile, and a cookie, from Jalisa, the old woman there.

"When Iolaus was small, he used to steal cookies to give them to Hercules."

"I could see him doing that," Karen smiled.

"They love you very much. Trust an old woman."

"You've known them a long time," Karen said.

"Yes, I have. Since Iolaus was an infant. The boy owes me for the sweets he stole. He was a good boy though. Still is. And in love with Hercules since the first day they met." The old woman paused. "Was there anyone for you? Before you met them?"

Karen shook her head. "I never had anyone where I came from. I sometimes think I got in the middle of their lives, in the middle of their love for each other."

"You have nothing to feel guilty for."

"What makes you think I feel guilty over something?"

"It's all over your face. Whatever happened, I can tell you from years of experience, it won't change what they feel for you."

"She's right you know," Iolaus said, from behind her. He was standing there with Hercules. He grinned at the woman. "Can I have a cookie?"

"No, you may not. You owe me somewhere in the area of a thousand dinars, for all the cookies and sweet rolls you stole as a child." She took one, and handed it to the demigod. "You, Hercules, can have one. You were always a good boy."

"I told you your past would come back to haunt you," Hercules laughed. They headed outside, and began the walk home.

"You lied," Hercules said. "You said you were going for food, and you'd be back in five minutes." Karen started to say something, but Hercules smiled at her. "I'll let it go...this time."

"Herc told me what I said in my sleep," Iolaus said. "I do love you. I should beat you for leaving, but, besides the fact you'd like it too much, it's okay *this* time. Now, I want to go home. I want to relax. I want to celebrate your birthday." Iolaus raised an eyebrow at her. 'By the way, just *how* old are you?"

"I'm not telling you," she giggled. "Hey, can I have a basilisk for my birthday? I read about them when I was a kid. They seem like fun."

"They're not," Iolaus chuckled. "Believe me."

"How about a hydra then. I promise to take good care of it. Please?"

"Come on monster lover," Hercules said, tossing her over his shoulder. "It's time to go home."

"Put me down!" Karen giggled. "I'm not a potato sack."

Hercules shifted her so she was laying in his arms. "You're beautiful when you're cranky."

"Look demigod, I have friends in high places. Lemme walk!"

"What friends?" Iolaus giggled, walking beside them. "Put her down Herc." The demigod did, and Karen immediately took off in a sprint. Iolaus grinned at him. "You up for a chase?" Hercules grinned back, and the two men took off after her.

Karen managed to elude them. She was going through the trees, like Autolycus had shown her, watching them. Both men, however, knew where she was, and decided to humor her. Jumping into a tree, Karen came face to face with a snake, screamed, and fell...the demigod caught her before she hit the ground. The snake fell a moment later, and Karen continued to scream, flailing in Hercules' arms.

"KILL IT!"

"Calm down," Hercules said. "It's not poisonous. Just annoying."

"I don't care! I don't like snakes!" Hercules tried to put her down, but she tightened her grip. "NO! Don't put me down!"

"Herc," Iolaus came running up to them, out of breath. "I see you found her." He looked at the snake. "Oooh, a snake." He began to laugh, picking it up, and holding it out to her. "Well, you said you wanted a pet."

Karen was holding on to Hercules so tight, he was having a hard time breathing. Her eyes were wide, and she was in near hysterics. "Don't put me down. Please don't put me down."

"It's okay. Really." Iolaus said calmly. He tossed the snake aside. "Relax. No more snakes."

"Iolaus, you shouldn't have teased her."

"Me? It was only a snake." Iolaus shook his head. "I didn't know she was afraid of 'em." He looked at Karen. "I'm sorry. I take it you don't like snakes."

"What gave you *that* idea?" Karen was still shaky, and, when Hercules put her down, her legs went out from under her. Iolaus tried to help her up, but she pushed him away. "Stay away from me."

"Aww Karen, I said I was sorry." Iolaus put his hand out again, and this time she took it, and let him help her up. "Herc, he killed two of them when he was a toddler. Big ones too. Hera sent them after him."

"I know," she said. "I read about it. Killed them with his bare hands in his crib."

Hercules rolled his eyes. "You know, I don't know where that story got started, but I did *not* kill two big snakes when I was a baby."

"Yes you did," Iolaus said.

"And how would you know," Hercules asked him.

"I saw them. You forget Herc, I knew you when you were born. My mother brought me over to visit with ya, and I saw them. They were both big as dogs."

"How come you never told me?" Hercules asked.

"I thought you knew," Iolaus answered. "There you were, laughing, and holding one in each hand." He shrugged, and put his arm around Karen. "Come on baby, let's go home. No pets for you today."

"I killed two snakes," Hercules mumbled.

"Don't let it go to your head," Iolaus smiled, walking ahead of him.

Karen turned to him, narrowing her eyes. "You never saw that, did you."

"No," Iolaus whispered, "but it makes for a good story. So, did a snake bite you when you were little? Eat your cat or something?"

Karen shook her head. "No, nothing like that. I just don't like them, that's all."

"Just like Herc and mice," Iolaus laughed.

"Home." Karen mumbled, staring into the distance. "It's about time." She took off again, but this time they let her go.

"I'm *not* afraid of mice Iolaus," Hercules said. "They're just..." He smiled. "...I just don't like them, that's all."

"You're afraid of them," Iolaus said, and started to run.

"I'M NOT!" Hercules yelled, and ran after him.

They entered the house, and found Karen flopped in a chair, grinning at the two of them. "The bed needs fresh sheets. There's a leak in the roof, and the bed is soaked."

"I told you we had to finish the roof Iolaus," Hercules sighed.

"We'll just go to your house Herc."

"No, Iolaus, we're going to fix the roof." He paused, looking at the floor. "Iolaus."

"Herc, okay, we'll fix the roof."

"No, *that*."

"What?"

"*That*." He pointed down.

"It's a mouse Herc."

"I know. Iolaus, get it out of the house."

Iolaus turned to Karen, a big grin on his face. "I told you he was afraid of mice."

"Please get it out."

"Okay Herc. Don't panic. You're scaring it." Iolaus chased it toward the door, and, as it ran by Hercules, the demigod cringed. "Mouse going." He couldn't help laughing. "Snakes, mice, bugs, is there anything you two aren't afraid of?" He continued to laugh as it went outside. "Mouse gone."

"I had to see it, to believe it," Karen chuckled. "What is Iolaus afraid of?"

"Nothing."

"What do you mean *nothing*? Everyone has a fear of something."

"Not me," Iolaus said. "After you've been dead, what is there to be afraid of?"

"An IRS audit?" Karen rolled her eyes at their blank looks, and began to go through the pantry. "How about no food."

"Of course there's food. There's gotta be something." Iolaus started going through every cabinet. "Herc, there's nothing to eat."

"What did you expect, Iolaus? Jason probably cleaned out everything so it wouldn't rot."

"We need an icebox. Yeah, I'm going to talk to Sal about that." Karen began to pace, talking to herself. "A resort, an icebox, what else...." She stopped, and Iolaus handed her a hammer and some nails.

"Window frame, bedroom, fix it."

Karen looked at him, then dropped the hammer...on his foot. Iolaus shook his fist at her, and Karen said, "I dare you. Go ahead, give it your best shot."

"Iolaus, you're not going to hit her, so put the fist down."

"You're right Herc," Iolaus answered. "But I've been thinking about getting a snake...."

Karen picked up the hammer. "Window. Frame. Fix." She ran into the other room. She had been in there a moment, when the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. Turning, she sighed. "Ares. Go away. The deal is off."

"I don't think so." He tossed her over his shoulder, and Iolaus walked into the room just before they vanished, Karen's eyes meeting his.

"ARES!!!"

"Iolaus, what are you shouting about?" Hercules asked, walking in. "And where did she go?"

"She just disappeared with Ares. Herc, when I see Iphicles, I think I'm going to kill him."

"Let's go to Corinth," Hercules sighed. "The roof is *never* going to get repaired."

Karen and Ares materialized in the main room of the castle, and Ares put her down. She gave Ares a swift kick in the leg, he let go of her, and she ran down the hallway. Ares could have just brought her back with a thought, instead opting to chase her. She ran into a room, and found Hyllus playing with some toy soldiers.

"Karen! You come to play with me?"

Karen grinned. This should keep her safe for a while, at least until Hercules and Iolaus arrived. "Oh yeah." She sat down next to him, and Ares opened the door, glaring at her.

"Come along. We have a few things to discuss."

"Hyllus and I are going to play for a while. A *long* while. So be a good God and go somewhere else."

Hyllus grinned. "Yeah, what she said." He slammed the door in Ares' face.

"Maybe you shouldn't have done that," Karen suggested. "He's the God of War, you know."

"Nah, nothing's gonna happen. Daddy'll spank him if he messes with me."

'I'd give anything to see that,' Karen mused to herself. Aloud, "So, which soldiers are you?"

They began to play....

Iphicles was in a meeting when the two heroes arrived. Iolaus didn't waste any time. Before Hercules could stop him, he went over to Iphicles, and punched him in the face, sending him to the floor. The guards moved towards them, but stopped when the demigod stepped in front of them, holding up his hands, shaking his head. He grabbed Iolaus, and pulled him away, then glared at his brother. "Be thankful I didn't hit you myself." He lifted Iphicles to his feet, and stared at the advisors. "Meeting adjourned." His tone was such, that all seven men left, not saying a word. Hercules turned to the guards. "Find Karen. She's here somewhere. If you run into Ares, ignore him, or you will deal with *me*. Understand?" The guards nodded, and went off on a search.

"I'll open up Golgoth just for *you*," Iphicles growled at Iolaus. "How dare you come in here and hit me? And what makes you think Karen is here?"

Iolaus took another run at him, but Hercules grabbed him by the vest, sitting him in a chair. "Don't move." Hercules turned back to his brother. "Ares took her, and I *know* he brought her here. You were supposed to talk to him about his...deal...with her. You said you'd take care of it."

"I haven't had a chance. I got back, and I've been in meetings. Ares took off after you left. I was going to talk to him, but I haven't seen him."

"We found her," a guard said from the doorway. "She's with the prince, in his room."

Iolaus stood up. "If Ares touched her, I'll hold you personally responsible." He left with the guard.

"I didn't know Hercules," Iphicles said. "I wouldn't let him touch her. Not after what he...did to her."

"I don't understand that either," Hercules said, sitting down. "He must have made quite an impression on you, for you to take him as your lover after that. You never did tell me how it got started. I had to hear about it from Iolaus."

Iphicles sat next to him. "He saved my son's life." Hercules cocked an eyebrow at him. "It's true. You weren't here then, you were off fighting Bellecus. Hyllus had an accident, he fell from a horse. I didn't know what to do, and the nearest temple was Ares', so I brought him there. Ares healed him, and something happened between us. I don't know quite what. And that was it. He's not the same God he was then, but I think you know that."

"I do," Hercules said. "But you need to do something about this, and you need to do it *now*."

Iphicles nodded. "ARES!"

The God popped in. "Yes lover, what can I...." He stopped as he saw Hercules. "Oh, it's you. I didn't touch her, you know. Didn't get the chance to. Besides, Iphicles said she had a nice ass, and he wanted to play with it."

"I did *not*!" Iphicles fired back. "I made a remark that she *had* a nice ass, which she does by the way, and *you* said I wanted to play with it."

"Daddy," came Hyllus' voice. All three turned to the doorway. "Will you play with me?"

"I thought you were playing with *her*," Ares sneered.

"I was, but then Uncle Iolaus came in, and he kissed her, and they got all mushy, so I left. Oh, Uncle Herc, Uncle Iolaus says you should go upstairs. He also says daddy should feel real lucky. About what, I dunno."

Iphicles stifled a giggle. "Well, Uncle Herc, go on. It's okay. I'm going to have a chat with the War God here. Hyllus, why don't you go and make Antaeus' life a nightmare for a while."

"Can I push him in the moat?"

"Why not." Hyllus ran out, laughing. "Don't worry about Ares," he said to Hercules. He turned to the War God, and, as Hercules was going upstairs, he heard Iphicles' voice. "Where are those manacles Hephaestus made? And that nice whip?"

The demigod couldn't help grinning. 'I guess Iph can keep him in line.'

Hercules heard the laughter from the room, and hesitated. He wasn't sure if he wanted to intrude on the two of them. But he walked in anyway.

Karen and Iolaus were circling each other around the bed, Karen keeping just out of his reach. Everytime he grabbed for her, she moved, and he missed. She turned around when she heard the door close, and smiled at the demigod.

"Everything straightened out with Ares?" Karen asked.

"It will be," Hercules said. "What are you doing?"

"Making him crazy." Karen moved just out of Iolaus' reach again, and pulled off her shirt, tossing at him. "You want it, you have to catch me."

Iolaus shed his vest, and leered at her. He lunged, and flew over the bed, landing on the floor.

"Too slow," Karen giggled, kicking off her boots. She nearly collapsed from laughter as Iolaus jumped at her again, this time knocking over a table.

His boots came off also, and he grinned at her. "You're mine." Another grab for her, and he missed again, but this time, she was grabbed by Hercules.

"You want her buddy?" He tossed Karen onto the bed. "You got her."

Iolaus was atop her a moment later, tickling her sides. "Don't mess with me woman. I have powerful friends." His tickling quickly became caressing, his mouth on hers, feeling her giggles stop, and become soft moans. "Yeah, that's what I like to hear." Iolaus' mouth moving down her body, a fresh bruise on her neck, teeth on her nipples, first one then the other. His hands were undoing his pants, and he took a deep breath when his cock was free from the confines of the leather. "I haven't touched you in so long." Another deep breath, and he undid her pants, turning her over. He pulled her pants off, while he straddled her legs, and kneaded her ass. Kissing his way down her back, he kissed each cheek, before laying a bite on each one, feeling her jump. "Liked that, didn't you?" He spread her, licking his lips, and licked her crack. "Your ass is mine." His tongue plunged in, and she arched her body, but he just held her tighter around the hips. "Stay still." Karen forced herself to remain as he wanted, but it was taking every ounce of willpower she had, which wasn't much.

Hercules felt his cock growing hard in his pants, his eyes watching them, watching Iolaus make love to her. He took his shirt off, kicked off his boots, and his pants followed swiftly. Crawling on the bed, he left a soft trail of kisses down Iolaus' body.

"Herc...yes...."

Hercules kissed further down, reaching Iolaus' ass, caressing, spreading him slowly. His tongue entered Iolaus, and Iolaus tongued Karen harder. The mutual tongue-fucking went on for a while, until Karen began to shout, her movements quicker, moaning both men's names over and over. Iolaus moved his fingers inside her, then shifted them under her, sliding into her wetness. Iolaus raised his head, shifting Hercules off of him. He rolled her onto her back, laying atop her, then pulled them over again, so she was laying atop him. He shifted her, his cock sliding inside her pussy, holding her there.

Hercules sat there for a moment, before draping himself over Karen's back. Iolaus had his hands on her cheeks, spreading them wide. Hercules put his hands over Iolaus', keeping her spread, kissed each cheek, then shifted back, pressing his cock against her tight hole. Iolaus felt her stiffen, and moved both his hands to her hair, kissing her hard, holding her mouth to his, his tongue deep.

Hercules nearly pushed in, until it occured to his sex-drugged mind, that even after Iolaus' tongue, she was dry. That, however, was easily remedied. Moving so he was kneeling beside them, he stroked himself, moving his cock between their mouths, both of them reaching out to lick him. He slid his cock between them, the two of them wetting him, while he licked his fingers, sliding them down Karen's back, easing them inside her tight hole, pushing them in and out, slowly opening her. He was at the brink himself, and moved back over her, his cock resting at her ass. He slid in quick, and Karen arched again, this time trying to push him away. Hercules stilled, stroking her back, whispering to her. "Missed this...such pleasure...." His eyes met Iolaus', and both began to move within her, their movements in sync.

"Mine." It was a moan from both men, and their movements sped up, holding her still, keeping control over her. Karen was trying to move on her own, but she couldn't. Iolaus' lips met hers, kissing her hard, then Hercules grabbed her by the hair, pulling her mouth to his.

Their release, when it came, was explosive. Both men let loose inside her, finally allowing her movement, and she was bucking and writhing between them. Shouts, screams, moans, it all came together for them. By the time the two men were done, Karen was without strength.

Hercules slowly eased himself from her, laying on his back, and pulled her from Iolaus. "Thank you," he whispered, before kissing her, and holding her body close to his. "Both of you."

"For what Herc?" Iolaus asked. "For loving you?"

"For making him feel whole again," Karen said. "Right?" Hercules nodded. "See Iolaus, I'm always right. Hercules says so."

Karen got out of bed, and Iolaus sighed. "Where are you going *now*?"

She turned to him. "Nowhere. I'm just going to the window. Can't I look outside? Is that a crime?"

"I'm going to sleep." Iolaus turned to lay in Herc's arms, but the demigod was climbing out of bed also, standing beside Karen.

"Perseus." He pointed up.

"Pegasus." Karen said, pointing at another star cluster.

"A constellation is named after my horse?"

"*Your* horse?" Karen asked.

"He was," Hercules said, "but my mother said I couldn't keep him. He lives with Hermes now, and Hermes takes really good care of him. Did they ever name *that* one? That's a pretty one. I see it almost every night this time of year."

Karen began to giggle. "Oh yeah."

"Well, tell me...." Hercules prompted.

"It's umm, it's called...umm...Hercules." She grinned at him.

"I got one named after me?"

"Uh-huh. You're interested in astronomy Herc? For some reason, I wouldn't think...."

"Athena," he interrupted her. "When I was younger, she used to teach me things like that."

"Did you know Hercules is the fifth largest constellation in the known galaxy?"

"Oh, how nice," Iolaus answered from the bed, his sarcasm evident. "I don't have one named after me, do I."

Karen shook her head. "No, Iolaus, you don't. Do I give a shit? No. Does it matter? No."

"He gets stars named after him, and everybody forgets about me. Figures." Iolaus sat there and made a face. "No. Wait. I'm Hercules' *nephew*, his *charioteer*."

Karen took a deep breath. "Iolaus helped Hercules slay the hydra, and fought at his side in numerous battles. His love for the son of Zeus was well known, and all who saw them were in awe of his selfless devotion."

"Huh?"

"Iolaus, you *will* be remembered. Just not as Hercules' partner or his lover. Nor as the finest mortal hero Greece has ever known. Besides, in two thousand years, everyone will think you're a fable anyway."

"WE'RE GOING INTO THE VILLAGE!" Antaeus' voice shouted up to the window. "YOU WANT TO COME?"

Iolaus hesitated, but Karen smiled at him. "Well, go on. After all that's happened, you deserve some brawling time."

"You giving me permission to go out?" Iolaus asked, grinning at her.

"If you don't mind me staying here with the demigod hero."

Iolaus got dressed, and kissed her. "I love you." He ran out the door.

"I know," she said. Karen then turned to Hercules, who wrapped both arms around her. "If I find out he looked at a woman, I'll kill him."

"I'll help you," he chuckled. "So, I have the fifth largest star cluster named after me, and Iolaus doesn’t have one. I’m sure that makes him feel good."

Karen shrugged. "He'll live. Hercules, how long were you and Antaeus lovers?"

"What makes you say that?"

"You were just standing at the window, naked, and he was yelling up for Iolaus. He didn’t make any remarks about it. I’ve been here long enough to see reactions to your naked self. So, I figured he’s seen you naked before. Now, how long?"

"A while," he said softly. "Iolaus, he wasn’t here then."

"Does he know?"

"Yeah."

"Not happy about it, I take it."

"It was a long time ago. Before I even met Deianeira. And you ask too many questions." He kissed her long and hard, grabbing her ass, and picking her up. Karen brought her legs up, around his waist, and Hercules carried her to the bed. "What do you want to do?"

"Go after Iolaus."

Hercules sighed. "That's what I thought. You know, he *is* going to pick up a strange woman."

"That's okay." Karen shrugged. "I have you. And I can always pick up a strange man."

"Why not? I would love to see how Iolaus reacts."

They got dressed, and headed downstairs. On the way down, they ran into one of the younger guards.

"Phineas," Hercules said, "why didn't you go with the others? I saw you on shift this afternoon."

"My mother would kill me if she found out."

"Found out what?" Hercules asked.

"That I went to Meg's."

"Meg's?" Karen asked. "What's that? A tavern?"

"Local whorehouse," Phineas replied, with a smirk. "I'm going to eat, and I'll see you later."

"A whorehouse." Karen stated. "He went to a fucking whorehouse."

"Iolaus was just going to where the ale was," Hercules said, trying to reassure her.

"You going to take me there?" Karen asked. "Or do I have to try and find my own way?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"No."

"Okay." The demigod left the castle with Karen, thinking, 'This should be interesting.'

 

Part 17

 

Meg's place was jumping when Karen and Hercules walked in. It was a busy night, and Meg was quite happy to see Hercules. Introductions were made, and Karen gave her a big smile. "Joxer talks about you. I think he likes you...alot."

"I like him too." Meg nodded to a table. "Take a seat...drinks for the demigod and you is on the house."

Sitting down, Karen stared after her. "She looks like Xena."

"So do Leah and Diana."

"Who?"

"A Hestian priestess and a princess. Don't ask me how, because I don't know."

Meg brought them some ale, and while they drank, Karen searched the room, finally spotting Iolaus in the arms of a brunette. His face was buried in her chest, and Karen's eyes narrowed.

Hercules saw. "I told you he would pick up a strange woman."

Karen looked around the room again, finally stopping, her eyes on a man who was standing at the edge of the bar. "If he can, I can." Before Hercules could stop her, she was across the room, standing next to him. Karen spoke with him for a few minutes, and the demigod watched as the man had another drink poured for each of them, put his hand on her ass, and whispered in her ear, as she giggled. He looked at Iolaus, but the hunter hadn't noticed. So Hercules decided to get in the midst of things.

Iolaus felt the hand on his shoulder, and looked up, grinning at the demigod. "Hey Herc! What are you doing here?" His voice was slurred, and he buried his face back in the woman's chest, before moving to her lips, kissing her hard. "Nice lips."

"He's on number five, and still going," Antaeus laughed, pointing at the empty mugs. "So, where's his woman? You lock her in the closet again?"

"Yeah Herc," Iolaus said. "What'd you do with her?"

"She's over there," Hercules nodded to the end of the bar, where Karen was now locking lips with the man. Iolaus stood, but Hercules pushed him back down.

"Uh-uh Iolaus. It works both ways. You can, she can."

"Herc...."

"Shut up Iolaus." He pushed Iolaus' face back into the brunette's chest. Turning back to see what Karen was doing, he didn't see her. He searched the room, but she was nowhere. He pulled a serving wench aside. "The woman who came in with me, where did she go?"

"Upstairs."

"What?!" Iolaus picked his head up, suddenly sobering.

"He carried her up. Didn't you see him? Been eyeing women all night. Guess he liked her."

"Little witch," Hercules muttered. Iolaus was already up the stairs, Hercules following.

While the two watched, Iolaus opened a door, said "Sorry, wrong room," and went to the next. A few doors later...."What the fuck?"

Karen was sitting on the bed, in the man's lap, her lips over his, while his hands roamed her body. The two broke apart at Iolaus' voice, and the man picked up his sword, ready for a fight.

"Put the sword down," Hercules said softly.

"Who are *you*?"

"Hercules," Karen muttered.

The man looked at the demigod, who nodded. "Get out."

He resheathed his sword, and ran out, at a speed that would have done Hermes proud.

Iolaus sat next to her, grabbing her by the chin, and making her face him. "What were you doing?" he demanded.

"Same thing you were," she fired back.

"I was just having a little fun, that's all. I never would have...."

"Yes, you would have Iolaus. And if you can, I can. So stay with the slut." She turned on her heel, and stormed out.

"You know, maybe I should!" Iolaus yelled after her. "I'll stay here, and go to bed with her, and you can do whatever you want to!"

The two men paused a moment, then followed her downstairs.

"I didn't mean it," Iolaus said, grabbing her by the arm. "Look, we'll talk later."

"I don't wanna talk. Let go of me!"

"Hey blondie, let go of the lady," a man said.

"Mind your own business!"

"Up yours!" The man hit Iolaus, sending him sprawling over a table.

"You hit Iolaus!" Karen picked up a mug, and smashed it over his head.

Another man spun her around, and threw a punch, which was blocked by the demigod. "No hitting women."

The man took a swing at Hercules, his fist connecting with the demigod's stomach. He grabbed his hand in pain. "What....?"

"He's Hercules," Karen laughed.

"I don't care if he's Zeus himself!" Hercules quickly found himself tackled by two other men, while Iolaus jumped to his feet.

"Mess with Herc, mess with me." He didn't know what to do, so he just grabbed the nearest man, and threw a punch at him.

A few more men and women jumped into it, and, a short while later, a full blown brawl ensued.

Karen grabbed the brunette, and was going to throw a punch at her. Their eyes met, and, instead, Karen grabbed a flask, and dragged the woman under a table. "Iolaus is *mine*." She took a swig, and handed it to the woman.

"So, you're the reason he kept taking my hand off his cock." The woman drank and handed it back.

"He did?"

"Yeah. Said Hercules would kill him...not to mention his woman."

Karen peeked her head up, and ducked again, as a man came flying at her. "He really say that?"

"Uh-huh. Shame. He always was a good lay."

"Still is." Karen watched Iolaus go flying into a wall, and ran over to him. "Iolaus, I'm sorry."

"S'okay baby." He kissed her. "Wanna go up to one of the rooms?" She nodded, and as they were walking upstairs, she glanced over at the demigod.

"I love to watch him fight." Karen began to chew on her lower lip.

"Wait here." Iolaus weaved his way through the brawl, reaching Hercules. "Hey Herc, we're going upstairs. You coming?"

"What?" Hercules crouched as a man came flying at him.

He quickly laid out a man who charged them. "So, you going to come with us, or not?"

"Iolaus...duck." Hercules coldcocked a man coming at Iolaus with a chair. "I'll go up, but only to get out of this." He followed Iolaus to Karen and the three walked upstairs.

They entered a room, and Karen bolted the door. She was licking her lips, while she eyed the demigod from head to foot, and back up again. "Hercules, I want you."

"That's real nice Karen, I love you too, but...." She was walking towards him, and he backed up, into the wall. "I don't think this is such a good..." Karen bit his nipple through his shirt, and Hercules jumped. "...idea." He tried to push her away, but he wasn't sure he really wanted to. "No. This is *not* a good idea. You don't want to do this."

"Yeah, I do." She slid her hand under his shirt, pulling it up, twisting the same nipple, while her other hand moved down his body, trying to undo his belt. She gave up after a few moments, opting to pull his shirt off, and kiss his upper body.

Iolaus knelt before him, unlacing his boots, Hercules allowing him to take them off. Iolaus swiftly undid Herc's belts, opening his pants. "He's all yours," Iolaus whispered. "Do something different to him. Make me sweat while I watch." Iolaus backed off, his own clothes coming off his body quickly.

"Iolaus, what are you doing?" Hercules asked.

"I'm giving you to each other tonight. Don't disappoint me." He lay on the bed, against the head board, stroking his cock, and grinned.

Karen chose that moment to yank down his pants, and Hercules tried to pull them back up, but Karen grabbed his hand, which caused the demigod to stumble. She pulled him forward, and Hercules fell over the bed...Karen pounced on him.

Stroking his ass, spreading his cheeks. A kiss to each one, and her tongue dipped in, feeling Hercules shiver. Fingers followed, first one, then two, and she pushed deeper, hitting his sweet spot, before adding a third. "*You* have a nice ass."

"Iolaus thinks so," Hercules whispered. She bit him on the cheek, and he moaned, arching his body as her tongue quickly stroked the bite.

Hercules began to push back at her. "More...."

Karen reached under, taking his cock in her hand, stroking him slow, her voice gritty. "Feels good, doesn't it." Her tongue joined her fingers, making love to him, more bites, more caresses.

"Yesssss...."

"How does it feel?"

"Real good."

"No, Hercules, not this." She pulled away, and turned him onto his back. "To be used? To be touched, for nothing other then release?" She smacked him across the face, and he just stared at her for a moment. "You used me. Because of what happened with Goth. It wasn't my fault you know." She raised her hand again, but Hercules grabbed it, unprepared for her other hand, which smacked him again.

"I know it wasn't your fault," Hercules said firmly, holding on to both her hands now. "I don't blame you...or Iolaus. It just happened."

"I'm leaving." Karen got up, and left the room.

Both men scrambled for their clothes to chase after her.

By the time they got downstairs, she was nowhere to be seen. They asked, but everyone was so involved with the brawl, that no one noticed her.

"Herc, she was pretty angry. She could be anywhere."

"I know Iolaus. I told you it was a bad idea. She was right though. It wasn't her fault. It was mine. I shouldn't have done what I did. I *did* use her, used you. It wasn't right."

"As you're so fond of telling me Herc, feel guilty later. We don't know where she went." They headed outside.

"We'll find her Iolaus. No matter what, she couldn't have gone far. You know she hates being alone in the woods at night. She'll stay on the paths. You head east, I'll head west."

"What about north and south?"

"We'll handle that," Antaeus said. "We're kind of fond of her, you know. Iolaus, she's the first woman you ever had that was worth a damn...since Ania, I mean. Aside from the fact that we think she's borderline insane, we like her."

"Thanks," Iolaus smiled at him. "If you do find her, remember, she fights like a lion. Do what you need to do, but get her back here."

They split up, all going in opposite directions, and none knew that they were all wrong.

Karen had never left Meg's. She was happily sitting behind the bar, a bottle of heavy duty alcohol in her hand, drinking herself into oblivion, while the brawl continued around her. The next thing she knew, she was being rounded up by some of Iphicles' men, who had been called to quiet things down. None of them recognized her, and she was thrown into a cell.

Sometime later, everyone met up at the castle, and Iolaus was growing frantic.

"Herc, she could be *anywhere* now. What am I supposed to do?"

"We wait here Iolaus. She'll show up, once she sobers. Nothing is going to happen to her. Hades doesn't want her, my sisters all keep an eye on her, and Ares wants her too much to let anything happen. You need some rest. We both do."

"Iolaus," Antaeus said, "I'll tell the other guards to keep watch for her. You're not going to do yourself any good going crazy like this."

Iolaus nodded, and reluctantly allowed Hercules to take him to bed.

Iolaus wandered downstairs during the night. He ran into a couple of the guards, who smiled at him.

"Hey Iolaus, you should see what's going on in the dungeon. Palleus, he's got a woman down there. She is like none other you have ever met."

"Yeah? What's so special about her?"

"There was a raid on Meg's. This one, she took out three of the guards, and nearly beat the shit out of Palleus, which ain't easy to do. He's...interrogating her. She has the filthiest mouth I ever heard on a woman."

"What does she look like? What was she wearing?"

"I dunno. Brown hair, green eyes, well sort of green, and she was wearing a shirt that looked like one of Herc's."

Iolaus knew who it was...and he ran downstairs.

"He looked kinda pissed. Maybe we should get Hercules. You remember the last time Palleus and Iolaus got into a fight?"

They ran upstairs to get the demigod.

Iolaus got there just as Palleus had tied Karen to a bar on the ceiling, and was preparing to give her a whipping.

"Stupid whore! You hit me, you pay for it!"

"NO!"

Palleus turned around, facing Iolaus. "This is not your business Iolaus, so stay out of it." He swung out the whip, and, before Iolaus could stop it, the whip cut across her back, ripping through the shirt. Karen screamed, and Iolaus lost it.

"I said NO!" Iolaus charged him, but Palleus was larger then Hercules, and easily threw him off.

He moved for another one, but, this time, the end of the whip was grabbed by Hercules. "Palleus, stop it. Or I will tie you up and whip you myself."

"What is this? You have no right Hercules. Brother to the King or not."

Hercules narrowed his eyes. "Leave her alone."

"Hanging with whores now Herc? That doesn't do your reputation any good."

Iolaus was untying Karen. "She's no whore. You stay away from her." She fell into his arms, and he nearly lost his balance. "I think she's putting on weight Herc." Hercules took her into his arms, and Iolaus glared at Palleus. "The King will deal with you."

Carrying her to their room, Hercules lay Karen on the bed, sitting beside her, and took a look at her back. "You'll be fine. The skin isn't even broken. But you did ruin my shirt."

"You can sew it up in no time Herc," Iolaus grinned.

"You want to tell us what happened?" Hercules asked her.

Karen turned over, her eyes meeting the demigod's. She quickly looked away. "Nothing to tell. I went downstairs, I was pissed, you know why, and I started to drink, as usual. I mean, there isn't anything else, but drink, in this time zone. I didn't want to see either one of you, so I hid behind the bar. The next thing I knew, the guards were in there, arresting people. I tried to get out the back way, but a couple of guards grabbed me." She shrugged. "I punched out three of them, but that big one...Palleus?...he wasn't so easy. They threw me into a cell, and I said a few things to him. That's when he decided I deserved to be beaten." Karen's expression changed. "I'm sorry Hercules," she mumbled.

It took Hercules a moment to figure out what she was apologizing for. "No, don't be."

"Anything I could have done, and I did *that*. You can do the same to me, if you want."

"I don't want to smack you, tempted as I am," Hercules whispered. "Not after I just got finished rescuing you yet again. Now go to sleep." They each got on one side of her. "And don't even think about going anywhere."

Hercules woke, a short while later, Karen sleeping in his arms, and no sign of Iolaus. 'I have a bad feeling....'

He got out of bed, and was about to go find Iolaus, then heard Karen whimpering in her sleep. 'Great, I don't want to leave her, and I *know* he's gone off to do something stupid.' He heard the shouting, and looked down the hall. Iolaus was being brought back by four guards, who were holding him. He was screaming the most vile phrases, in various languages. They literally tossed him into the room, and he landed on the floor with a thud. "What did he do?"

"He got to Palleus," Antaeus told him, "and gave him a swollen lip and a black eye. Palleus said he wanted to bring charges against Iolaus, but I had a chat with him, and he changed his mind."

"Thanks," Hercules said, closing the door. He turned around to face Iolaus, who looked pretty angry. "Iolaus, there was no reason to do that. Iphicles would have dealt with it."

"He deserved it Herc. He had no right to do what he did, whether it was Karen or someone else." The demigod just sighed, and Iolaus saw the corners of his mouth begin to twitch. "See, you think it was a good idea too."

"I didn't say that Iolaus." He was chewing on his lower lip, and finally let himself smile. "Okay. Palleus did *need* something like that. If you would have said something, I would have dealt with him myself."

"Yeah," Karen mumbled. "Tortured him with lecture number nine."

"You keep quiet," Hercules said. He kissed Iolaus, pushing him onto the bed. Iolaus pulled his vest and boots off, and got under the covers.

Iolaus snuggled into Hercules' arms. "Herc, maybe we should go away for a while. All of us. Maybe Rome, or Brittania."

"Definitely *not* Rome Iolaus. The way her luck runs, she'll end up as Caesar's slave."

"Then how about Eire? You could see Morrigan again." Hercules raised an eyebrow at him. "Nebula told me about her...about the two of you. It's okay Herc. I was dead...sort of. Besides, I think I owe her an apology. On behalf of Dahak."

"Dahak," Karen said softly, turning around to look at the two.

"You've heard of him?" Iolaus asked, a bit taken aback she would have knowledge about that.

"Yeah. He's the boogeyman. Gran told me stories about him. Scared the shit out of me. I never thought he was real."

Iolaus shuddered at his memories. "He's real, all right. He was anyway."

Karen crawled in between them. "The story she told me, was that he possessed some poor man, nearly caused the downfall of Greece. The Gods ran away, they were all scared...all except Ares. He stayed, stood against the dark one."

"Ares was a chicken shit," Hercules mused. "He didn't run because he thought he could cut a deal. He was wrong."

"Gran said that a mortal man gave in, let Dahak take him. What kind of asshole would do something like that?"

"Lies, deception, there are alot of things," Iolaus said. "When you hurt, when you feel worthless, you'll believe anything."

"I take it you knew him Iolaus...the man, I mean."

"Yeah, I knew him real well. He had a moment of weakness, and by the time he realized what he had done, it was too late. But he made up for it."

"How could you make up for *that*?"

"Karen..." Iolaus began, "...it was *me*. I was the...asshole...who allowed it."

"*You?"

"He got me at a vulnerable moment. Tricked me. He used an image of Hercules to get me."

"What was it like," Karen asked, "being possessed by a demon?"

"What?!"

She grinned at him. "Did your head spin around? Did you speak in tongues? You know, the usual stuff that goes with demonic possession."

"You've seen this before?" Hercules asked.

"In the movies," Karen answered. "Well, you going to tell me about it Iolaus?"

"No." Iolaus sat up.

"Come on." She put her hand on his arm. "I want to know. Tell me."

"I said *no*."

"Iolaus...."

He turned, and raised his hand, ready to smack her. Karen's eyes went wide, and she moved away.

"Iolaus, you're scaring her," Hercules said.

"She should be scared," Iolaus said. "You really want to know. Fine, I'll tell you." He grabbed her, and pulled her out of bed, standing in front of the mirror. "You see him? He didn't exist. Only his body. The man I was, was alone, fighting a no-win fight. I was in darkness, with no one there to help me. No Herc, nobody. Do you know what that's like...to *truly* be alone?" Karen shook her head, and her lower lip began to tremble. He *was* scaring her. "How about if I lock you in a closet for a few days, and don't let any light in? No sound, no contact. Would you like that?" His hands gripped her arms tight. "Would you?!"

She started to cry. "Let me go. You're hurting me."

Iolaus caught himself, and took a deep breath, relaxing his grip.

Karen pulled away from him, and crawled back into Hercules' arms, as if seeking protection. She was shaking, and Hercules put his arms around her.

"Iolaus, stop it," he warned.

"She wanted to know, I told her. Does it sound like fun? Something you'd like to experience?"

"No."

"Then don't ask me again." He glared at her, and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

"I made him mad," Karen sniffled.

"No," Hercules said softly. "He just went to cool off. He'll be back in a few minutes, apologizing to you, and to me. You didn't do anything wrong." He began to take off her clothes, and she flinched. "It's okay. I just thought you might be more comfortable without your clothes on, nothing more." She let him strip her, then watched as he sat up, taking off his own clothes. He pulled her back into the crook of his arm. "Now, I think I'm just going to hold you for a while. Would you like that?"

Karen nodded. "I don't want bad dreams."

"I won't let you have any." He brushed the hair off her face, and kissed her. A few minutes later, she was in a deep sleep, and, a few minutes after that, Iolaus came back to the room.

"Herc?"

"Come to bed Iolaus. It's been a long night. She's asleep."

Iolaus shook his head. "Maybe I should take another room."

"Iolaus, just come to bed. Please? We both need you."

"You sure you still need me?"

"My love, she doesn't hold it against you." He laid out his free arm. "I want you both here, with me. You both need to be taken care of, and I, being a demigod hero, elected myself."

Iolaus glanced at the pile of clothes. "Both naked?"

"Of course," Hercules answered, smiling at him. "Iolaus, I want to feel you next to me. Your warmth against mine."

Iolaus smiled softly, and took off his pants, laying next to Hercules. "Mmm, feels good Herc. I gotta make it up to her...somehow."

"How about," Hercules turned and kissed him, "you get some sleep."

Iolaus snuggled into his arm. "Yeah. Okay. Herc, maybe I should take her out for dinner."

"I'm sure she'd enjoy fish at the lake," Hercules mused.

"I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about a *real* dinner. Like at one of those places you told me about. You know, the ones with cloths on the tables, five courses, *real* wine. Not the watered down stuff. I never took her anywhere like that."

"That's because you never had the money. Iolaus, if you want to take her somewhere like that, I'll arrange it. There's a real nice place, in Megara. If you leave after lunch, you can be there for dinner, and back by...morning?"

"Trying to get rid of us Hercules?" Iolaus nuzzled the demigod's neck, kissing his way up to Hercules' ear. He bit the lobe, whispering, "Good night, my hero." He kissed his way back down, snuggling into Hercules' arm.

Hercules kissed the top of his head. "That's what I'm supposed to say." He felt Iolaus smile against his chest. "I love you, Iolaus."

"Go to sleep, Herc." Iolaus yawned. "I love you too."

"I'll never be able to sleep like this," Hercules sighed. The demigod moved his arm from under Karen, pulling Iolaus' body atop his own.

"*Now* Herc?"

Hercules moved to the edge of the bed, settled Iolaus next to Karen, then slid back in, snuggling against Iolaus. "Much better."

 

Part 18

 

"Karen," Iolaus whispered, "it's morning."

"Go away." She turned over, pulling the covers over her head.

"Oh no. Nice day today, and if I'm up, you're up."

"Iolaus, I want to sleep some more. Now, GO AWAY!"

"Cranky aren't we?" He crawled under the covers, sliding his hand between her legs, his lips softly upon hers. "I can fix that." A tickle to her side and she began to giggle.

"Are we going home today?" Karen asked, in between giggles.

"I got a better idea. There's a restaurant, in Megara, and I thought me and you could...get some dinner. A real nice place to eat, not like a tavern."

"Real food? Like Pheasant and stuff?"

"Yeah. Of course, you'll have to wear a dress. I mean, these kinds of places...."

"Not today," Hercules said, coming into the room. "Iolaus, we have to get to Mycenae. There's a monster in the caves above the village, and...."

"They need *our* help. Okay Herc. But this time, we at least get a meal. Last time we did something for their town, all they gave us was a mug of ale, and a thank you."

"That's what the hero business is all about Iolaus. Sometimes thanks is all you get."

"I'm staying here," Karen said softly. "I think I had enough excitement with Goth to last me a little while."

"Are you sure?"

"I'll be okay. There is one thing, though."

"What's that?" Iolaus began to get dressed.

"I don't want to be a prisoner here. If I want to leave, they're going to let me, right? Not like the last time, when the guards put me in a cell."

"I promise. I won't tell them anything."

"Okay."

Iolaus sat down next to her. "I'll be back before you know it." He kissed her, then broke the kiss, holding her tight. "I love you. I haven't told you in a while, but I do."

She smiled up at him. "You bring the demigod back with you, okay? I'm kind of fond of him."

"I will. I promise." Another kiss, and he pulled away. "Stay out of trouble."

Hercules just smiled at her. "She won't, but that's okay. She'll be Iphicles' headache for a few days." The two men left her, and Karen sat there for a few minutes, before going to the window. She watched the two men leaving the castle, and her eyes met Hercules' for just a moment. 'Take care of him,' she thought.

As if hearing her, Hercules smiled, and nodded.

Four days later, Karen was bored out of her mind, and attempted to leave, but was stopped by the guards.

"Iolaus said he wouldn't make me stay, and I could go where I pleased."

"Iolaus didn't say a word," Antaeus told her, with a grin. "But Hercules said you weren't to leave until they got back, and we were to lock you in a cell if you tried to go off on your own."

"What? But...I'm going to see Iphicles!"

She stormed into the main room, interrupting a meeting. "I want out of here, and I want out *now*."

Iphicles looked at the men around the table, and shrugged. "Excuse us." He took her by the arm and led her from the room. "Listen up. This is a very important meeting. You do not walk in, and speak to me like that."

"I want to leave, and I'm told I can't. Now you let me out, and you let me out *now*!"

"Woman, you have exactly until the count of ten to get out of here, before I have you put in the dungeon, and left there until Hercules and Iolaus come back."

"You can't do that."

"Yes, I can." Iphicles called some guards over. "Put her in a cell until I say otherwise."

"NO!" Karen began to scream as the guards grabbed her. "LET ME GO!" Iphicles turned and left her, and the guards took her to a cell.

They didn't bother to ask what the charges were, and threw her in a cell with men and women who were awaiting trial on charges ranging from theft to rape.

Iphicles went back to his meeting, and a few hours later, he rode out to Argos, to discuss trade negotiations.

Karen looked around the cell, and began to mumble to herself, making faces, and giggling like a nut. The other prisoners backed away, wondering if she were a lunatic.

Antaeus was looking for Karen a few hours later, and panicked when he couldn't find her. He asked the men if they had seen her, and one told him that Iphicles said to place her under arrest.

"Where did you put her?"

"We just threw her into a cell, with everyone else."

Antaeus ran to the cellblock, and found her. "OPEN THE DOOR!" He let her out, and she ran to the stables, took a horse, and started to ride out of the castle.

Antaeus stopped her. "And where are *you* going? I'm under orders not to let you leave for any reason whatsoever."

"Am I under arrest? A prisoner?"

"As a matter of fact, from what I understand, you are."

"Get out of my way."

"I can't do that. I promised Hercules you'd be here when he and Iolaus got back. You're not leaving with a horse from the royal stables."

She climbed down. "Fine. Then I'll leave on foot. You want to stop me, you're going to have to do it forcibly."

He stood in front of her. "Look, if Iolaus finds you gone, he'll...."

That was it, as far as Karen was concerned. "Iolaus doesn't tell me what to do...nobody does. Now are you going to stop me by force, or let me leave?"

Antaeus stepped aside. "You are coming back, aren't you?"

"Maybe. Maybe not." Karen began to walk, just wanting to annoy him.

'I'm in deep shit,' Antaeus thought. "Wait a minute!" He quickly spoke with another guard, and joined her. "No reason for you to go alone. I don't want to face a pissed off Herc if we lose you."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A few hours later, the two heroes entered the castle. Two of the guards told them Karen had gone for a walk with Antaeus, as she had threatened him if he didn't let her out. Iolaus opened his mouth, but Hercules clamped his hand over it.

"She's been inside all this time, Iolaus. Amazing she didn't leave sooner."

"Well, she tried," Phineas said, "but Antaeus talked her out of it. Kept going on about how you would smash his face in. But this morning, she told him she *was* leaving, and he'd have to force her to stay. I don't think he wanted to do that, so he went with her."

"Where'd they go?" Iolaus asked, ready to follow.

Hercules grabbed him by the arm. "Oh no. No, no, no. She'll be fine, and you know it. Just relax. She'll be back soon. If you go after her, she'll get angry at you again."

The young guard's eyes widened. "Are you afraid of her?" he asked innocently.

"Phineas," Iolaus asked, "why were you afraid to go out to Meg's?"

"My mother. Women get into the strangest moods and...." his voice trailed off, and he grinned. "You're afraid of her," he chuckled, and went back to his duties.

Iolaus looked up at Hercules. "I am *not* afraid of her."

"Yeah, I know Iolaus." Hercules' mouth began to twitch.

"Let's go get something to eat. I'm starving."

"I'm still full from breakfast," Hercules said, "and you ate enough for five demigods. How can you be hungry again?"

"I dunno," Iolaus giggled, "but I have to keep up my strength, don't I?" Iolaus had turned, and taken a step, when Hercules grabbed him by the arm, and spun him around, into his arms.

"Herc, everyone is watching," Iolaus said softly, quickly looking at all the guards on duty.

"I know," Hercules whispered, brushing Iolaus' hair off his face. "Some of them have been looking at you." As Hercules brushed Iolaus' hair back, he tightened his fingers in it, while his other arm snaked around Iolaus' waist. "I don't like it." Iolaus' mouth was pulled closer. "They need to know you're taken." Hercules plundered Iolaus' mouth then, grinding his leather clad erection against Iolaus, who felt his own leathers growing tight. Hercules' tongue made love to that luscious mouth, while his fingers wound tighter, and his movements became more sexual. Iolaus moaned, Hercules let him go, and Iolaus fell on his ass.

"Herc, what's got into you?"

The demigod didn't say a word, just grinning at Iolaus. The hunter caught the eyes of some of the guards, who were grinning at *him*, mumbled, "He's a demigod; he does what he wants," and stood up, the two heading inside.

Antaeus came back a little while after that, alone. Informed of the return of the heroes, he grimaced. "Okay, I guess I have to go tell them I lost her. Phineas, take some men out and go look for her. She can't be that far away." He took a deep breath, and went to find Hercules and Iolaus.

Karen had thought it would be fun losing Antaeus. But leaving the path wasn't turning into fun...especially now that the sun was setting. Every turn she made seemed to get her deeper and deeper into the forest surrounding Corinth. Every little noise was making her jump, and there was no moon, and thus, no light. She once again considered calling one of the Gods, but after the last time, thought she'd rather stay lost. 'Hercules was right. You don't want to owe the Gods anything.' She kept walking, and finally stopped, sitting against a tree. "If I have to, I'll wait until it's light out, then find my way. I just hope they didn't get back yet. This is sure to piss off Iolaus."

Hercules, at that moment, was trying to stop Iolaus from eating his third helping of cake. "It's a wonder you're not the size of a small elephant."

They turned when Antaeus entered the room. "Hey, where is she? You didn't lose her, did you?" Iolaus' smile faded as Antaeus just looked at him, not saying a word. "You lost her. How could you?"

"You know Iolaus," Antaeus began, "from what she told me, she listens to you most of the time, and, for some strange reason, respects you. But you don't trust her, do you?" Iolaus opened his mouth, but Antaeus continued. "What do you think she's going to do?"

"I don't know," Iolaus replied. "Slave traders, The Sovereign, Goth...anything I left out?"

"And you never get into trouble, right Iolaus?" Antaeus asked, smirking at him.

"He's got a point," Hercules added. "Let's go look for her. Maybe we can sneak up on her and scare her. That may stop the running off for a while."

Antaeus put a hand on Iolaus' shoulder. "She can't be that far away Iolaus. We were about five hundred paces from here when she ran off. I've got some of the men searching for her. They'll find her and bring her back. Right now, me and some of the boys are going to play some poker. You in?"

Iolaus looked at Hercules, who smiled at him. "Go on. The guards will find Karen, she'll probably cry, beg to be forgiven, and maybe she won't run off on her own for a while."

"You think so?"

"Iolaus, I'm Hercules. I'm always right."

Iolaus smiled at the demigod. "By the time I get back, she'll be in a room, ready to apologize."

"You know it."

Iolaus went off with Antaeus, and Hercules took a deep breath. "They better find her, or my reputation for being right is going to take a beating."

A couple of hours later, Karen returned with the guards, and was brought to Hercules, who raised an eyebrow at her.

"Look Herc, I'm sorry. I got lost. I won't do it again. I promise. Please don't give me a lecture."

"No lecture Karen. Not this time. Besides, you're like Iolaus; you just ignore them anyway."

"Speaking of Iolaus," Karen said, "where is he?"

"Playing poker with the guards," he answered. "Taurian, go get Iolaus, would you? Tell him Karen is back, and waiting for him."

"I'm taking you upstairs," Hercules tossed her over his shoulder. "This way I know where you are."

"Aww Hercules, you care," Karen giggled.

He walked her into the room, and put her down. "You listen up, and you listen good. If you so much as sneeze without telling someone, I will beat you so badly, you won't sit for a month. Is that understood?"

"No, but you can lecture me all you want to. I'm like Iolaus," she grinned at him, "I ignore you anyway."

"I've got half a mind to...."

"To what? Hercules, your problem is your eyes. When you're not *really* angry, it shows."

"Take off your clothes."

"Excuse me?"

"I mean," a blush was creeping across the demigod's face, "it's time for bed...sleep. You know what I meant."

"And here I thought you wanted to molest me." She slowly undressed, naked before the demigod. "Like what you see?"

"No." He blinked, letting out a short breath. "Yes."

"Make up your mind."

"Get into bed, and go to sleep."

"But I didn't see Iolaus yet," she pouted.

"Oh stop that. He'll come up, and I'm sure he'll molest you without a second thought."

"And what about you?" She knelt before him, and unlaced his boots. Her hands moved up to his belts, and she undid them, handing them to him. "I was a bad girl." She leered at him, and crossed her hands behind her back.

Hercules took a deep breath, and shook his head. "Not my style. I prefer the direct approach." He lifted her to her feet, and kissed her deeply. "I want to love you...but I also want to wait for Iolaus. We haven't had any time in the last four days."

"He can always join in." She backed away from him, laying on the bed, spreading her legs. Moving her hands up her thighs, she moved her fingers inside herself, watching the demigod start to sweat. "You like watching me Herc?" She moved a finger to her mouth, sucking on it, then moved it back.

"Yeah, I do."

Karen reached out, rubbing a finger over Hercules' lips. He licked his lips, swallowing hard. "There's more where that came from." She gave him two fingers next, and he licked them. "If you want more, you're going to have to take it from me."

Hercules knelt between her legs, his fingers stroking upwards, followed by his tongue. Pulling her hands away, he licked her lightly, feeling her hands in his hair. He resisted her every effort to push his mouth harder, feeling her squirm beneath him. He raised his head, smiling at her. "You know I like taking my time with you." He continued to lick lightly, and slowly eased a finger inside her, moving in and out at a snail's pace. A second finger joined it, and he licked at her clit, hearing her breaths quicken. His tongue returned, and his fingers slowly pushed their way inside her ass, smiling to himself as she jumped. He lifted his head again. "You like that?" His fingers remaining in her ass, he moved his body over hers, swirling his tongue around a nipple, biting gently. His free hand moved fingers inside her wetness, matching the rhythm of the fingers in her ass, and she began to buck under him. It didn't help that he was biting the other nipple now, then licking his way back down her body.

"You two look so nice together," Iolaus' voice came from the doorway. He closed the door behind him, and sat on the bed. "Miss me?" Iolaus leaned down, pushing his tongue deep inside Karen's mouth. He kicked his boots off, and straddled her chest. His vest fell from his body, and Karen moved her fingers up his chest, up along his arms. Her eyes widened, and she gasped, Iolaus turning his head to see what Hercules was doing.

Hercules had pushed her legs up, and was reaming her, still finger-fucking her pussy. Iolaus undid his pants, freeing his cock, stroking himself slow. Karen brought her head up, but Iolaus shifted just out of her reach. "Uh-uh. Not yet." He climbed off of her, taking his pants off, returning, and positioning himself so he was facing Hercules. He held his cock over her mouth, and pulled Hercules' lips to his, slowly lowering his cock so Karen could reach it. He allowed her a lick, before moving away again, his lips still locked with the demigod. Karen kneaded his ass, a bite to each cheek, spreading him. Iolaus climbed off of her then, and she just stared at him. "I said not yet." He knelt beside Hercules, and joined him. Both men licked at her, fingers inside her, stroking her everywhere. Two mouths kissing up her body, one at each nipple, sucking, biting.

"Please...."

"No," Iolaus said softly. "I like torture better." He took one nipple between his fingers and pinched it.

"OWW!"

"That was for running off."

Iolaus looked at Hercules. "Fuck her Herc. You know how much I love to watch the two of you." He moved out of the way, so Hercules could lay atop her, spreading her again, entering her fast and hard. Iolaus pushed them over, so she was astride Hercules. Hercules watched Iolaus raise his hand, took Karen's cheeks between his palms, and pulled her into a deep, hard kiss.

*SMACK* The hand came down, and Karen tried to move, but Hercules held her still. "That was also for running off."

*SMACK* "That was for touching Herc without me here."

*SMACK* "And that, that was for my pleasure...and yours."

Hercules let her lips go then, and she turned to face Iolaus. "And this, this is because I love you." He moved inside her tight hole slowly, and Hercules brought her lips to his again. Iolaus pulled out, until the tip remained in her ass, then shoved back in. "Talk dirty to her, you don't know how much she loves that."

"Me?" The demigod asked.

"Yeah, you. Tell her anything Herc, get her hot." Iolaus was moving very slowly, not letting her push back at him.

*This* was something the demigod didn't do very often. He brought his mouth to her ear, snaking his tongue in, whispering, "You are so beautiful like this. Did you know that?" He kissed her again, and Iolaus shook his head.

"No Herc, that's not what she likes." Iolaus leaned down, biting the lobe. "Fucking whore...my fucking and sucking whore. Right?" Karen moaned. "Likes two cocks, pounding inside, taking her tight ass and her wet cunt." Karen began to writhe between them, and Iolaus smiled at Hercules.

"Is he right?" Hercules whispered. "You like being a...whore? Being taken, fucked hard?" Karen's moans grew louder, and her movements were wild.

"Whose cock is better?" Iolaus asked, his nails raking down her back as he rode her. His eyes met Hercules'.

Hercules shoved up, as Iolaus pushed in, both feeling their respective cocks inside her. The demigod pulled her ear to his mouth, whispering, "You feel so good...oh Gods...I love you...love this...."

Iolaus sighed, sticking his tongue in her ear. "Tell me how much you want to cum, maybe we'll let you. Maybe we'll just cum, and leave you. I like that idea."

"Please, I want to cum. Iolaus, please...."

"I love when you beg." Iolaus eased himself from her tightness, cock slapping against her ass. Stroking himself, he let himself go, his cum over her cheeks. Leaning down, he cleaned her slowly, tongue-fucking her ass. He watched her move, watched her face, saw her bite her lower lip, like she always did before she came. It was then that he pulled her from Hercules, pulling her down the bed, until her mouth was at level with Herc's cock. Hands in her hair, he pushed her mouth over his cock, lifting her head up and down, watching her suck Hercules. "Fuck her mouth Herc. She's a talented little slut." Hercules let loose then, an endless stream of sweet liquid shooting down her throat. All the while, Iolaus held her head, not letting her go until he knew Herc was finished. Iolaus pulled her up then, and turned her onto her back.

He hadn't let her reach orgasm...and he knew it. Taking her wrists, he bound them with his belt, tying them above her head. He splayed her legs with Herc's belts, then tore a piece of sheet. He gagged her, and her eyes widened. "Relax. I got something for us on the way back."

"Iolaus, maybe now is not the best time."

"Oh no Herc. It's the perfect time." He walked over to his pack, and pulled out a bundle, slowly unwrapping it. Karen's eyes got even wider.

It was a phallus, and it was larger then his cock.

Iolaus leaned down to whisper to her. "I got this for when you're a bad girl." He knelt between her legs. "Spread her for me Herc." Hercules hesitated, but did as he was told. Iolaus teased the tip along her clit, slowly easing it inside her. He got about halfway, then pulled it out, watching as she pushed up. "See, I told you she'd like it." He pushed it in some more, filling her, then pulled it away, rubbing it along her clit again. He brought it to his mouth, licking it, then pushed back inside her. Slow, steady movements, hearing her whimper through the gag. It was gone again, and Karen was crying before she knew it.

"Iolaus...." The demigod's voice was almost a warning, but Iolaus smiled softly at him.

"Am I hurting you baby?" Karen shook her head. "See Herc, she just wants more." He bit a nipple, sliding it inside her again. This continued until Karen was jumping halfway off the bed with each thrust. Then it stopped again. Iolaus' mouth was at her pussy, licking her, and Karen closed her eyes, letting the sensations claim her. Her eyes popped open, when she felt it at her ass, and stared at Iolaus. He narrowed his eyes, slowly pushing inside her tight hole, and she closed her eyes again, this time trying to shut out the pain she was feeling.

Iolaus was jerking himself off with one hand, while he filled her ass with the phallus, bringing himself off slowly, not even realizing he was genuinely hurting her. The phallus was sheathed within her now, and he jostled it a bit, taking his hand from his cock, rubbing her clit with his thumb. The pain was turning to pleasure now, and Iolaus watched every movement on her face, hearing her soft moans through the gag. Another shove, and she screamed, pushing down, meeting the tip. His eyes met Hercules', and he pulled the demigod closer, reaching up to undo the gag. "Keep doing this to her Herc. I'm going to fuck her mouth." Hercules put his hand over Iolaus', letting Iolaus set the rhythm, and Iolaus slid his hand out from under Hercules', reaching out and undoing the gag. Before Karen could say anything, Iolaus' cock was in her mouth, and he was facing the demigod. His mouth was at her wetness again, lapping at her, fingers entering. Karen was going over the edge; this was pleasure, and it was pain, and it was wonderful. Iolaus held his cock deep in her throat, then held it above her mouth, over her lips, before sliding back in. Iolaus' free hand covered Hercules' cock, and he stroked him, fingers moving to caress Herc's balls, feeling them tighten. Hercules let himself go again, his cum over her pussy, Iolaus licking harder, his hand around Herc's hand again, moving the phallus even deeper.

Iolaus came in her mouth, feeling her swallow. He raised himself up, moving beside Hercules, the two of them moving the phallus in and out. Both men were licking her again, hands all over her once more.

"Cum for me now, my little whore," Iolaus whispered. He pulled the phallus out, then shoved back hard, and Karen screamed, her orgasm coming in a rush she didn't know was possible. She didn't even know her legs were free, until Iolaus pulled the phallus from her ass, and kissed her cheeks. Hercules freed her arms, and she brought them down, taking Iolaus by the hair, pulling his mouth to hers. He broke the kiss, smiling at her. "Did you like that?" Karen nodded, unable to speak. "I'm glad. And you know what you're going to do with it now? You're going to take it, shove it up your cunt, and fuck yourself, while we watch." He put it in her hands, guiding it down her body. He pushed it in a bit, then let her hands go, watching her ease it in. "That's it." Karen was moving it slowly, but Iolaus' hands were around hers again, moving it faster. "Deeper...harder. Come on...fuck yourself. Filthy, fucking, cocksucking whore." He was shoving it inside her, and she was thrashing about. "Oh yeah...I want you to cum again. Tell me how good it feels, how hard it is." He let go, watching as she brought herself off again. He and Hercules moved over her face, both stroking themselves, both hard again, and both ready to explode. Iolaus' cock in her mouth, then Hercules', both taking turns, but both holding back.

Karen's head was spinning, her vision blurring, the pleasure overwhelming. Iolaus' eyes met Hercules' again, and they both came, over her face, watching her mouth open, tongue reaching out, wanting to taste. Another orgasm, more powerful then the first, and she let go of the phallus, her arms dropping to her sides.

Iolaus moved from the bed, taking a cloth from the basin. He moved behind Hercules, cleaning the demigod, then himself. Another cloth, and Iolaus began to clean Karen, slowly moving the cool cloth over her body, taking the phallus from her. Bringing it to her mouth, he placed it at her lips. "Lick it. Taste yourself." Her tongue moved out, and Iolaus' tongue joined hers, licking the phallus clean. Iolaus' tongue was in her mouth again, followed by Hercules', then Iolaus' again. Iolaus lay on his back, taking Karen into his arms, another kiss, this one soft and gentle. She was exhausted, and Iolaus stroked her brow, brushing the hair from her face. He watched as her breathing slowed. "Sleep...." Her eyes began to close.

"Iolaus...."

"Shhh." His strokes became a little firmer, his eyes meeting hers. "Don't fight it." Her eyes were almost closed. "That's it. Relax." His voice was almost hypnotic. "Deep sleep. Deep, soothing sleep." Her breathing was even now, her eyes closed. Iolaus kept stroking her brow, whispering to her, telling her to relax, to sleep. He didn't stop until he was sure she was out. He looked up at Hercules. "She'll be out cold until morning."

"How did you do that?" Hercules asked, looking at Karen. "Never mind. One of those 'techniques' you picked up in the East, right?"

Iolaus smiled, and nodded. "I'd like to get some sleep myself." He leaned over and kissed the demigod.

"That was...different. And quite interesting," Hercules said, taking the phallus, and wrapping it in a cloth. "I'm surprised at you though, talking to her like that."

"Karen told me I could talk to her like that, that she enjoyed it."

"That's not what I meant, Iolaus. Your own experiences, being called names like that...."

"It was her idea. She figured it would help me deal with my own nightmares, and she was right. If there's love, you can do anything, and it won't hurt."

"So, no more nightmares about your past?" Hercules smiled, and kissed him again.

"No more nightmares, Herc. I feel safe. By the way, when I ask you to talk dirty, you don't say, 'You are so beautiful like this.'"

"Well she was...is. I'm not you, and my language isn't as...colorful. 'Fucking, sucking, whore? Filthy cocksucker?' That's more of an insult."

"Got her hot, didn't it?" Iolaus grinned wickedly.

"Steaming," Hercules replied, his cheeks turning red. "I never saw her get that excited."

"She gets off on dirty talk. And what I said, it was kind of mild compared to what I've said to her in the past."

"I don't want to know Iolaus. I'm glad I don't spend *all* of my time with the two of you. I don't think I could handle it. Now, good night, and go to sleep."

Hercules wrapped his arms around both of them, holding them close. "Mine," he whispered.

"Yours," Iolaus whispered back, snuggling into Hercules' chest. "Both yours."

Karen was having a nightmare of her own.

Darkness, hands reaching for her, grabbing her, pulling her down into the darkness.

She woke up in a sweat, screaming.

Iolaus was holding her close, whispering softly, "It's okay. It was just a bad dream."

Karen shook her head, jumped out of bed, and ran to the window. The sky was getting black, lightning in the distance.

Iolaus stood, with his arms around her. "Just a storm."

"You sure? I've had my fill of alternate realities. I keep expecting Rod Serling to pop out of the woodwork."

"No more traveling to other worlds," Hercules said from behind them. "You're scaring *me* now." He looked out at the sky. "It's a storm, nothing more. And it's not going to come near us."

"Now you're a weatherman," Karen flinched as another bolt of lightning lit up the distant sky. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Karen, we had some hot and heavy sex...pretty kinky stuff too. No, *really* kinky. And Iolaus, he got you to sleep by...extraneous means. That's what caused your nightmare, I'd bet."

"Hey! I only got her to relax a little. I didn't do anything extra...extra...whatever it was you said."

"Iolaus, it's one of those big words you hate again." Karen turned in his arms. "Extraneous just means that you used outside influence...sort of. What did you do anyway?"

"Just a little mild hypnosis. I didn't hurt you or nothing. You just seemed kind of tense, that's all."

"What?!"

"I didn't leave any...suggestions. I just helped you sleep." He smiled at her. "Maybe I should have told you to obey me at all times."

Karen glared at him. "You can sleep by yourself!" She ran out of the room.

"Iolaus...."

"Herc, she'll be back in a moment."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because, oh wise demigod, who uses big words to confuse me. If you didn't notice, she has no clothes on."

Hercules chuckled. "Oh."

Karen walked back in, red in the face, and climbed back into bed. "If either of you say one word, I'll leave here, and never return." She covered herself, and began to giggle.

The two men looked at each other, neither speaking, and got back into bed. Karen crawled into Hercules' arms, and turned around, facing Iolaus. "I'm mad at you."

He nodded, and put his hand on her shoulder. "I love you."

"Yeah, well, I love you too. But I'm still mad at you."

"Me too!" Hercules growled playfully, and held Karen closer. "You leave us alone."

"You deserve each other." Iolaus kissed Karen on the cheek, and turned over.

"We'll still be mad at you tomorrow," Hercules said.

"Yeah!" Karen added, with a giggle. "And you still owe me a dinner."

 

Epilogue

"Give it to me." Karen's voice was firm and steady.

"You want it harder." Antaeus' voice was almost a whisper.

"Oh yeah. A whole lot harder. And faster. At this rate, I'll be old before we're done. C'mon. You're Captain of the Guard. I would think you could shove it in better then that."

Iolaus' eyes were wide as he listened at the door, debating what to do. A tap on his shoulder, and he jumped, turning to face Hercules.

"Iolaus, didn't we talk about eavesdropping?"

"Herc, she's in there. With Antaeus. And they're...well...Herc, if she's going to sleep with him, at least she could take him somewhere else."

"Iolaus, what are you talking about?"

"Karen. She and Antaeus are...." Before he could finish, Karen's voice was heard again.

"Harder. Faster. I can't hold on much longer. Dammit!"

"See Herc, I told you. She's fucking him."

"Iolaus, why don't you just walk in," Hercules chuckled at the look on his lover's face.

"You think it's funny? What if that was *your* lover in there?"

Hercules thought for a moment, said, "she is," and pushed the door open. "What's going on?"

Antaeus was so surprised, that he dropped the bed end he was holding...on Karen's foot.

"OWW! FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!" Karen grabbed her foot, her eyes huge from the sudden pain. "THAT HURT!"

"What are you doing?" Hercules asked.

"We were trying to fix this stupid bed," Karen sneered. "Antaeus couldn't get anyone else to help him, and I happened to be in the area and got railroaded into it. Why?"

"Iolaus, he thought that you...." A hand over his mouth shut Hercules up.

"I thought that you might need some help," Iolaus said, giving the demigod a half smile.

Hercules pulled his hand away. "Actually, Iolaus thought you and Antaeus were *in* the bed, not fixing it."

"Oh," Karen answered. "Well, as you can see, we're not. And, now that the son of Zeus is here, I'll let him hold it up so you can get those screws in. Hercules, do the demigod thing, and show off your strength."

"I don't get any respect."

Karen began to giggle. "Neither does Rodney."

"Who?"

"Never mind. I got some plans for today, and nobody is going to interfere with them. So fix the bed, and when I get back, we can go home."

"Where you going?" Iolaus asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"I got a date."

"A WHAT?!"

"Ready?" came a small voice from the doorway. Hyllus was standing there, smiling at her.

"Yep," Karen answered, a wicked smile on her face. "Iolaus, at least with him, I'm going to get a good meal. And don't you even think about following us. It's daytime, I have a sword, and besides, if anyone messes with me, they're going to be in deep..." she looked at Hyllus. "...deep doo-doo."

"Shouldn't that be deep shit?" the boy asked. "'Cause that's what daddy says Iolaus is always in."

"I guess the King knows you pretty good," Karen laughed, grabbing Hyllus by the hand, and running out with him.

"I'm going to strangle the good King," Iolaus said.

"After you help us," Antaeus smiled at him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A short while later, Hyllus and Karen were walking through the village, when Karen stopped before Aphrodite's temple. "You know, I always wanted to see what the inside of one of *her* temples looked like. I've seen Ares', Hermes', and Athena's."

"You know, Unca Herc and Iolaus have been following us."

"I know," Karen said. "Watch this." She grabbed the boy, and dragged him behind a building.

A few minutes later, the two heroes passed them, and Iolaus paused. "Herc, I don't understand this. The tracks end here. Where'd they go?"

"I don't know, oh mighty hunter. I told you we shouldn't have followed them. You and your bright ideas."

"Yeah, Iolaus, you and your bright ideas," Karen said sarcastically, coming into his view.

"Just want to make sure you stay out of trouble," Iolaus said to her.

"I told him to leave you alone," Hercules added. "How much trouble can you get into in the village?"

"*She* can," Iolaus said with a straight face.

Karen made a face, and started to say something smarmy, but stopped, instead smiling softly. "I'm only going to Aphrodite's temple."

"I want *food*!" Hyllus said firmly. "I'm hungry!"

"We'll feed you," Hercules said, lifting the boy into his arms. "Let's see if you can out eat Iolaus."

A smile from Karen. "Iolaus, how much trouble can I get into in one of *her* temples?"

"Okay. Just scream if you need help."

"I will." She kissed Iolaus, and wandered inside.

Sometime later, they wandered back, and saw Karen talking to a man. She got the strangest look on her face as she talked to him, then backed away, her eyes wide, watching him go into the temple.

"What happened?" Hercules asked.

"That man," Karen said, "he...."

"What? Did he do something to you?"

"No. Iolaus, this is going to sound crazy, but...that's my father."

"That's Liartes," Hercules said, "one of 'Dite's priests-in-training."

"He's my father," Karen insisted.

"Umm, Karen," Iolaus began, "your father lived about two thousand years from now. Maybe...maybe it's his ancestor or something. You know, a distant relative. Besides, he's too young to be your father."

Karen shook her head. "Iolaus, I may not remember him too well, but I saw plenty of pictures and home movies. He had a scar on his cheek, identical to the one that man has. The voice is the same. Iolaus, he *is* my father."

"You three go back to Iphicles," Hercules said. Iolaus started to say something, but Hercules shook his head. "Don't argue with me, please. Not this time."

"No. I need to know what's going on," Karen said. She turned to Iolaus. "Someone has to take Hyllus back, and I think I'm better off with Hercules if I'm going to confront Aphrodite."

"Okay," Iolaus agreed, albeit reluctantly. "Herc, be careful. I know she's your favorite sister and all, but...."

"Don't worry Iolaus. We'll be fine." The two men nodded to each other, and Iolaus took Hyllus by the hand, walking him back to the castle.

Hercules took a deep breath as they entered the temple. "I think Aphrodite has some explaining to do."

"Yeah," Karen agreed, "I think she does."

 

The End...for now....

 

Coming Soon....*Family Ties*: Karen discovers her parentage was no accident, and finally meets Erytheia and Leandra; Nebula shows up; Karen gets a visit from the future; and an ancient evil returns, forcing Karen to confront her past....