Title: Blame It On The Wine

Author/pseudonym: Cheyenne Dancer

Fandom: Hercules: The Legendary Journeys

Pairing: Autolycus/Ares

Rating: NC-17

Status: New

CRIT: n/a

Archive: Yes

Feedback: feedback and/or critique welcomed, flames used to feed the muses

Series/Sequel: Undecided

Other websites: http://www.slashcity.org/~cheyene

Disclaimers: Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Autolycus are actually owned by Rennaisance, Universal and whomever else received creative rights. They don't belong to me, I wish they did. Especially big dark brooding War Gods... As I understand it, Ares is in the public domain. So, maybe we can make a deal.. I make no money off this work of fanfiction. If you sue, you'll be collecting from my ghost. It would take *that* long. Trust me.

Notes: Thanks go to my wonderful betas: Huntress and Melinda, who put up with tons of errors to help me. ^_^ I made several changes after I received the story parts back, so any errors are mine.

// represents thoughts

Summary: Autolycus trespasses and must pay the price

Warnings: I tend to write dark stories, this is no exception. It contains elements of BDSM, rape, non-con, coerced sex (however you wanna say it) and the victim turning to his tormentor for comfort. NO DEATH. Given the nature of this list, this warning is probably moot.

Category: First Times, PWP

Other comments: Well, the story is probably a little mellow for this list, and if you've seen it otherwhere, please forgive. I wrote it for a challenge on Herc-Slash and thought it would be appropriate on this list, as well. I did think it might be fun to post here, to get my feet wet, so to speak, while I am detailing out the angst in my other two WIP.

 

BLAME IT ON THE WINE

By Cheyenne Dancer

Never, never, *never* enter a drinking contest with a God. Especially when that God was Dionysus.

What in Tartarus had he been thinking?

Hadn't been, he had to admit to himself, had already been deep in the Elderberry wine, when dear old Di, the God of all drunken revelers, had approached him in all amiability and flattery, Autolycus had only been too willing to listen... and appreciate.

After all, the subject had been his favorite... himself, and his self-proclaimed skills.

Which brought him back to just where he was... in the courtyard to Aphrodite's temple. Flowing like the God of Shadows, himself, he slunk across the flagstones... past the fluttering flames held aloft in stone nymph's hands... through the stone portal guarded by marble satyrs, gliding stealthily into the heart of Aphrodite's stronghold.

Lush tropical vegetation swayed in a gentle breeze inside the sacred Temple. Huge moon shaped flowers in impossible hues bobbed and danced, doubling their stems and scraping the floor.

A few scattered torches against the temple walls held sway over the dark of the moon so that the interior seemed to be cast in an eternal dusk. Braziers hung on long silver chains about a hole cut like a starburst in the center of the roof. Frankincense and Myrrh drifted heavy on the air, promising a night of fleshly passion.

The path through the plants and bushes was well-marked, a path of pale white flagstones set into the mosaic of tile patterned across the floor of the Temple. An assortment of divans was scattered throughout in various nooks and crannies created by the twists and turns within.

Small night creatures scuddered from the path as Autolycus moved cautiously through the greenery. Cicadas sang their song of eternal summer, hushing at his approach and bursting back into full glorious cry as he wended his careful way along the path towards where he knew the altar lay.

Autolycus noted that some magics must be in use here, as the Temple seemed much larger within than it ever had without.

A small flock of brilliantly plumaged birds scattered from his path, causing the thief to start and take a small bit of cloth to mop at the sweat trickling down his face.

The birds settled only a few branches from him, watching with dark beady eyes, judgement sitting in their very regard.

"Just a flock of birds. What do *they* know of Gods and humans?" His voice sank into the dimness.

He called himself six kinds of a fool, even while his heart surged with the recklessness of his quest. When Dionysus had made his challenge, even deep in his cups, there was no way that Autolycus could have refused.

The familiar rush of excitement thrummed through his body as he contemplated his task.

He was truly the King of Thieves, if he could steal the fabled golden feather from Aphrodite's very altar.

"I love a challenge." He whispered to himself, shrugging off the unease as the whisper disappeared in the plant enshrined interior as if swallowed by the River Styx. Even the Cicadas had fallen silent.

He did not want to know why Dionysus wanted the feather. No. Did not. It was better for mortals not to get involved in the affairs of the Gods. And where had been this bit of wisdom last night? Maybe he *should* have asked why Dionysus wanted the feather.

He refused to give in to that bit of curiosity as he hesitated before the pink altar with it's gilt trim and a statue of Aphrodite standing nymph provocateur above it, arms spread in welcome, hip canted in invitation like a vestal virgin. Incense hung heavy on the perfumed air, reminding him more of a Sultan's seraglio than a temple to the Goddess of Love.

How he knew what the inside of the seraglio was like, was another story. He allowed the pleasant memories to dance briefly through his mind.

He grinned, giving the statue of the Goddess a very thorough examination. The sculptor had had a *wonderful* eye for detail. He ran a hand lovingly along the curve of shoulder and breast exposed by an artfully fallen fold of cloth. Oh yeah, hubba... hubba...

Aphrodite was one of his all time favorite Gods... er Goddesses... right after Hermes... or well, honestly maybe before Hermes. He considered the supple curves and long lean limbs and amended *definitely* before Herm, but he didn't have to let Hermes in on that little secret, did he?

His grin stretched as he let his voice whisper out into the unfriendly shadows, more bravado than courage, "Maybe I can get the sculptor to make me a miniature Aphrodite to play with." This thought, too, he judged safest to keep to himself. Never could tell what Gods would find offensive. They were such a touchy, humorless bunch.

He did a slow double take as he realized the stone beneath his hand was unexpectedly warm to touch. He jerked his hand back as if burned by a firebrand. He peered up at the unseeing stone, not sure whether he imagined laughing blue eyes peering back or not. A shiver danced along his spine.

Nerves. Had to be nerves. He'd been in this business too long to let nerves get the best of him. He gave the statue another long thoughtful look before deciding to get on with business.

A deep sigh feathered through his lips as he slowly wound his way around the altar, avoiding the unnerving warmth of the marble Goddess, checking carefully for any traps.

"Seems to be just sitting pretty, waiting for old nimble fingers to just add it to his cap" He nearly laughed out loud at his own humor, but decided he didn't like the lack of echoes, even though it boded well for tonight's business.

He reached across the altar and gingerly plucked the feather from the cool surface, letting the harpy feather he had carefully colored, take its place. There, with luck, no one would be the wiser.

"Oh Auto, you have been a *bad* boy!" Small spheres of light began to fill the Temple roof, until it blazed like the noon day sun. Ferns and wide splayed leaves whipped back and forth in a conjured wind.

The handsome thief jerked back from the altar guiltily, shoving the feather into his belt behind his back. Autolycus felt his heart jump from his chest into his throat, the rapid tattoo threatening to choke him.

He stared disbelievingly at the stone statue, now slowly de-solidifying, the stone melting and re-shaping itself into whatever it is that Gods were made of.

"Gads, 'Dite! You nearly scared me to death!"

She looked at him disapprovingly. "I thought we were friends, Auto. I thought you *liked* me."

"We are, I *do*... "

"You have something that belongs to me."

"I do?" Autolycus gave her his most innocent expression, flashing an endearing grin, dark eyes sparkling.

Aphrodite stamped one slender sandaled foot, "You have cost me quite a bit with this stunt, Auto. And I am *very* unhappy. You want to see what the feather is for? Good! Be it on your head. You come into *my* temple to take what belongs to me... well the first to enter my temple this day will take what belongs to *you* in *my* name!"

Aphrodite gestured angrily at Autolycus. The dark thief felt a chill pass through him, causing him to arch his back and stand on tiptoe. Then the cold and Aphrodite were gone in a slew of sparkling hearts. And then darkness.

Autolycus had never known 'Dite to be so snippy. This was not a good thing. He glanced hastily about the darkened temple and watched as the few lit torches guttered and flickered out one by one.

He decided that the better part of valor was to get the Tartarus out of the Temple before whomever 'Dite summoned decided to enter. He raced back the way he had come, crashing through bushes and leafy plants that seemed to grasp and pull at his ankles and clothes. Suddenly, it was no longer a lovely garden of love, but a dark and dangerous jungle, the likes of which were spoken of in hushed tales of Phrygia.

He ran full tilt into a stone wall and bounced backward, rubbing his head.

"Ow! C'mon, 'Dite! It was just a little joke... a wager between men... I wouldn't keep it... not really." His plaintive tones were sucked into the shadows.

He sighed heavily, "Women! Can never take a joke, almost as bad as Gods! Sheesh!" He kept his thoughts away from the fact that he had managed to cross both, this time.

He pivoted, placing his hands on the wall, nimble fingers searching across the cool impervious stone for any discrepancy in the surface. He followed along, tapping quietly, retracing his steps, frustration warring with a slight welling of panic deep within his breast. "Of all the stupid, stupid things to do... I *know* there's a door here... I just need ... to ... find... "

He knocked into a bench he could have sworn had been on the other side of the room. He began to feel very much like an Athenian thrown alone, abandoned in the labyrinth of the Minotaur.

"Fuck."

A deep laugh shivered through him, "Maybe, if you play your cards right."

Autolycus whirled around peering into the gloom. His heart had rejoined his tonsils and they seemed to be embracing quite madly. "Who?"

Torches flared to life with God-fire, and Autolycus, now, wished fervently that it had remained dark. The red glare was eerie and cast no shadows, pushing back the darkness until he, Aphrodite's altar and Ares stood within a circle of blood-colored light.

The red glow seemed to focus on the God of War, emanating from him. Ares moved through the temple with cat-like grace, his hooded eyes focused through thick dark lashes on Autolycus. The God was clad in black leather from head to foot, a wide metal studded belt at his waist. An aura of danger seemed to flow and curl about him, like Medusa's snakes.

Ares looked about the temple, one lip quirking up as he took in the wealth of flora surrounding the pink gilt marble altar and the stone Goddess. "I have *got* to talk to 'Dite about her interior decorator." The dark brooding eyes settled on Autolycus like a physical touch.

The mortal shivered in apprehension. "Oh *man*, could this *get* any worse?"

Ares quirked an eyebrow at Autolycus as he prowled towards the wary thief.

"I didn't say that aloud, did I?" With a sinking sensation in the pit of his stomach, he wondered what Ares was up to.

"Are you talking to *me*, mortal?" Ares taunted, dark eyes slowly roving over Autolycus in a manner that made the fine hairs on the back of the thief's neck slowly rise.

"Uh, hello, Ares, fancy meeting you... here." Autolycus backed up slowly, until he was at the edge of the crimson circle and found, to his dismay, that he could go no further. The God-fire thrummed like the beat of some massive pulse, it's touch searingly cold even through Autolycus' green over-tunic and jerkin.

"Crimson... scarlet is really... so *you*. Very warlike. Much in keeping with your image..." He smiled placatingly, slinking around the circumference of the circle, keeping his eyes on the War God.

Ares snorted. "Save your flattery for someone who might be tempted to listen."

"O-kay. This is going well." He stumbled backwards over the forgotten bench and ended ass over teakettle on the flagstones.

He found himself staring up the length of shiny black boots, up the dark leggings, past a prominent bulge -//*don't* go there, *do**not* go there//- across the expanse of leather clad chest into dark humored eyes twinkling with an emotion Autolycus thought it better not to interpret.

Ares reached down and hauled the supine thief up by his collar, shaking him much as a warrior would an errant pup. Autolycus twisted in his grasp, seeking escape.

"Hey! Easy on the threads! I'll have you know this is rare Theban silk... "

Ares swung him negligently against the barrier created by the pulsing red light. "You talk too much."

Autolycus felt as if his head had been slammed *through* a stone wall. He gasped, going limp in the God's grasp, blinking up dazedly at his captor. He licked his lips, ignoring how Ares' dark gaze latched on the journey of his tongue about his lips.

Aphrodite said that something of his would be taken. His life? Surely 'Dite wasn't --couldn't be -- anywhere near as viciously vindictive as Hera?

He shuddered as he looked deeply into Ares' burning gaze. "You want the feather? Here, let me... it's no trouble... not damaged... at all. Never even left the temple."

He pulled the cursed object from his belt brandishing it sword-like beneath Ares' chin.

Ares laughed, plucking the golden feather from Autolycus' shaking fingers. "Not so easy, is it, little mortal, to steal from a God?"

"Steal?" Autolycus all but squeaked, clearing his throat and trying again, "Oh, no. You've got it *all* wrong. Not steal... borrow... borrow, yes.... *never* steal, not from ..."

Ares lowered his head, bringing their bodies uncomfortably close, pinned as Autolycus was against the God-fire. Ares' breath tickled warm against his cheek, amusement clearly written across the dark God's face, "A God? What about Hermes? And his sandals?"

"Is *that* what all this is about? I never... " He gulped shuddering in a breath as he was slammed backwards again. "Just... a joke... I gave... them back." He rasped. "Come *on*, Ares! You're a man --er-- God -- whatever, I'm sure you've played a joke or three in your time!"

Ares bent Autolycus head backwards, until his Adam's apple felt like a spear tip trying to saw its way through the too thin flesh of his neck. "Don't presume, little mortal, it's not becoming."

Autolycus gulped in a painful swallow of air, squeezing his eyes closed as he concentrated on breathing and not strangling on his own spit. Breathe in. Breathe out.

He splayed his hands across the rock hard chest, and pushed. He might as well try moving Mount Olympus for all the good it did. He felt the leather heat beneath his sweaty palms. //Oh yeah, never let them see you sweat... good advice *if* you're not up close and personal with the God of War!//

"All right. All right. Let's get down to business. You don't want the feather. 'Dite doesn't care about it. I'm to be punished for poaching on Divine property. What *do* you want? I could swear an oath to 'Dite... or you... I could work for you..." Autolycus wished his voice hadn't come out quite so desperate.

Ares nuzzled along Autolycus' neck, turning to follow the line of the thief's neck with his lips. "I don't need thieves."

Autolycus squawked as Ares bit him at the juncture of throat and shoulder. "He. Enough of that! I'm a little old for a catamite, don't you think?" He batted uselessly at the War God's hands, hoping to get Ares to drop him.

Ares ignored him and licked the blood away from the bite that marked Autolycus. An evil grin danced across the darkly handsome face at the thief's involuntary shiver.

"What do you want? What are you here for?" Panic was beginning to dance the Bacchanal through Autolycus' belly and up his spine. He didn't like the answers that his inner scribe was coming up with.

Ares pressed his larger body against the mortal's, grinning evilly. "I'm here to make sure you make proper amends to my little sister. And I... just... might... enjoy... this." Ares accented each of his last few words with a savage thrust of his leather clad pelvis.

Ares allowed Autolycus to squirm out of his hold, smiling with the indulgent amusement one has for a well-trained beast. Autolycus took off across the circle, trying to put as much space between them as the God-defined barrier would allow.

Autolycus refused to meet the God's heated gaze, his eyes sliding sideways, desperately seeking some chink in the enchanted circle. "I'm more than willing to pay homage to 'Dite. And beg her forgiveness and her blessings. I mean," he spread his hands wide at shoulder height, "Hey, she's a wonderful girl, woman... person... God... Goddess.... and what would I do without love, right?"

Ares clucked his tongue sadly shaking his head. "Too late, little mortal."

"Really. Really, Ares. Tell 'Dite I'm sorry. Ask her what she wants from me. I mean you have an in with her. She's *your* sister. I'll even settle down. Yeah. That's the ticket, woman of her choice... pledge eternal fidelity, she should *love* that! It'll even get Hestia into the act."

Ares stalked across the room, slamming various obstacles out of the way, his dark eyes burning. The heat of that gaze pinned Autolycus immobile, frozen like a rabbit in one of Iolaus' traps.

Ares' voice rumbled through the temple, echoing where Autolycus' own voice was lost, sending shivers of heat dancing in counterpoint to the frozen God-fire at the thief's back.

"You don't need someone you can manipulate, little mortal."

"I don't?" Autolycus took a step away from the chilling barrier, even though it moved him a step closer to the God. He shifted nervously from foot to foot, his muscles bunching in his thighs, preparatory to launching himself back across the too-small space.

Ares continued to stalk towards Autolycus, as if this confrontation had a foregone conclusion.

"No." The deep voice was firm, mesmerizing, enticing. Ares' flicked his tongue out, wetting his full lips suggestively. "No. You need someone who can control you."

"I... do?"

Ares' nostrils flared, taking in the scent of fear and hidden lust his words were stirring in the thief. "Yes."

Autolycus tried to drag air into his lungs, hot, then cold, then hot again. Fear was certainly his companion tonight. He wondered if Discord and Strife had ringside seats. He wondered if they were laughing their asses off. //Where was an Oracle when you needed one?//

Autolycus sprang, feinting towards the alta, then spinning, lashing out with one booted foot in desperation.

Ares pounced, dragging the thief's struggling body towards the pink and gold altar. With disdainful ease, he lifted the twisting man and tossed him onto the cool, hard surface.

Autolycus let out a surprised squawk as he was flung onto the marble altar. Gasping for air, he lay sprawled, vainly attempting to gather his scattered wits. He couldn't take his eyes off the God of War as Ares' hands swept down his own body, pausing at the thick leather belt girding his waist.

Capable square-cut hands and agile fingers loosened the buckle and pulled the thick leather from about the God's waist, in a slow parody of a lover's caress.

Autolycus swallowed nervously, his eyes dilating in the dim red light. Fear and an unnamed sensation warred within him, sending conflicting messages through his body. "Uh, Ares... I ... don't ... think... I've ever subscribed to this whole Greek mentoring thing, you know?" Autolycus' voice quavered weakly.

The thief reached towards his left, felt the sharp lip of the altar and pulled, flinging himself towards the edge and rolling off. He was on his feet and heading towards the flickering edge of the barrier, his boots thudding loudly against the flagstone.

Ares was on the luckless thief like a lion on a slave at the Coliseum. Terror jagged through Autolycus like one of Zeus' thunderbolts in the lee of a storm. Nausea rolled through the thief as panic strengthened his struggles.

Ares snarled triumphantly, enjoying the futility of the puny mortal's struggles. It wasn't often helping Aphrodite promised to give him such great pleasure. Ares lifted and slammed Autolycus back onto the altar with savage economy, born of God-hood and arrogance.

With contemptuous ease, Ares covered the frantically battling thief with his heavier body, pinning the mortal against the cold stone slab. Ares calmly met each of the thief's flailing attempts at freeing himself, riding out the writhing, bucking body until the thief's panting gasps and curses were coming in short harsh gasps. A malicious grin curved Ares' full lips as he pressed his hips down on the wildly gyrating man.

Autolycus froze as he felt the thick throbbing leather-clad cock press against his own. His eyes widened in fright. "You can't really mean to...?"

Ares grabbed Autolycus' wrists and twisted them above the thrashing dark head, ignoring Autolycus' shouts of anger and frustration. He held both wrists in one large hand, while he fumbled with the leather belt, easily looping the thick leather around Autolycus' wrists and pulling it fast. He jerked the leather bound wrists tight, making the thief's lithe body stretch beneath him, and tied the belt to the metal ring on the side of the altar.

With a twist of his supple body, and movements made quick by centuries of war, Ares spread and bound Autolycus legs to either side of the altar, the soft leather molding to the thief's ankles.

Ares lay down on the taut stretched body, enjoying the puffs of breath, the rapid rise and fall of Autolycus chest, and the smell of the man's sweat. He grinned, whispering into the mortal's ear, "I could simply wish you bound and naked... but where's the fun in that?" He sat back straddling Autolycus' thighs.

The deep sarcastic voice resonated through the thief as Ares ran his fingers through the damp strands of dark hair, brushing it back with mock gentleness from Autolycus' flashing eyes. "I like the more... personal ... touch, don't you?"

The thief shook his head, dislodging Ares' hand and glared back at the God in defiance.

Ares chuckled. "You are much more appealing like this. Did you know that? I like the fire in your eyes. You would kill me, if you could. Not so much a coward, are we, little thief?"

"Get fucked!" Autolycus' voice was hoarse from shouting, and he could swear that he could feel Tantalus beating vainly against his chest trying to get out.

A breathy laugh was Autolycus' only answer as Ares continued to explore the thief's body. The God slid his hands down the thief's neck, circling Autolycus' throat with the fingers of one hand.

Autolycus was certain he was staring at Hades through Ares' eyes. Autolycus swallowed convulsively; his thoughts mocking him. //Never, ever, get involved between Gods, it only means misery to mortals.//

Ares watched the emotions chasing across the thief's suddenly pale face. Loosening his hold on the slender neck, he allowed his hands to drift over the thief's chest, strong fingers plucking at nipples through the thick fabric of the mortal's tunic.

Autolycus gasped, arching beneath Ares' weight as he tried to ease the burn in his nipples. A faint horror shivered through him as his errant anatomy answered to Ares' urging and his nipples peaked; he felt a faint answering pulse in his groin and closed his eyes tightly. "A--Ares, be reasonable! I'm pledged to H-Hermes. You c-can't *do* this!"

Ares leaned down to nuzzle the smooth shaven skin of Autolycus' jaw. A smile quirking the corners of his mouth, he let his breath whisper tauntingly against the thief's pale flesh, "And if I told you it was partly Hermes' idea?"

"Don't!" Autolycus flung his head to one side, trying to avoid the lips marking him, searing his soul, "Ares! It's Aphrodite's temple! You *can't* do *this* here!"

The thief panted for breath as Ares' cupped his groin proprietarily through the dark leggings. The mortal's dark eyes popped open fearfully, "This is really not a good time!"

Ares laughed, the deep chuckle vibrating through Autolycus' body. Leaning down, the God of War nuzzled behind Autolycus' ear. Ignoring the renewed struggles, he ran his tongue wetly along the outer rim of Autolycus' ear. The deep voice teased softly, "Why not? You owe 'Dite an apology... I owe her a favor or three... "

Ares moved further down the slender mortal's body, nipping lightly. "Unless I want Strife running around after me moon-eyed for the next millennia or so, what better way to keep little sister happy?"

Ares sat back up, flicking a wicked looking blade into existence with casual negligence. He smiled speculatively at the wide-eyed thief as he began to slide the blade gently along the trail of bites. "What better way, I ask you, little mortal," Here the God grinned so darkly that Autolycus shivered involuntarily, sure that he was to meet his death beneath the War God's skilled hands.

Ares ignored Autolycus' reaction, as he had everything else. Flicking the dagger with a careful hand along the center of the thief's chest, he severed the fastenings to the jerkin, cutting away the fine silk of the thief's tunic.

Ares' rough voice licked through him, like a hot wind through the forges of Hephaestus. "What better way," the darkly seductive tones continued; "than o sacrifice a virgin to love on Aphrodite's own altar?"

"I'm not your type!" Panic threaded through Autolycus, panic that could not be kept from his voice. He began to buck against Ares' weight once more, fury and fear grasping hold of his heart and squeezing, making air an impossible commodity to grasp.

Amusement colored Ares' darkly seductive tones, "What type is that?" He slid back slowly, carefully parting the silk tunic, pulling it back to expose the smooth chest with it's dark nipples.

Ares leaned down to kiss and lick across the sweat-dewed chest that was heaving beneath him. "Beautiful?" He traced a path first with the dagger, cutting lightly, his tongue following the path of crimson welling blood to one dusky nipple. "Male?" He ran his tongue around the rucked bud, tasting the sweet flesh of the writhing thief. "Sly?"

Ares closed his mouth about the hardened nub, sucking delicately. He raised his head to gaze up into Autolycus' flushed face, "Devious?" He bit down hard on the unprotected protuberance causing Autolycus to howl.

"No! Yes! No! Stop! I meant a warrior! I'm not a warrior! I'm not w-worthy of you! The Great War God! I'm a c-c-coward!" Even in his distress, Autolycus had trouble forcing that word out. He had never truly believed it of himself. Yet, faced with Ares' closeness and the inevitability of his own helplessness, he had never felt more like a coward. He could not do this. //*Please*, Aphrodite! Don't ask me to do this!//

Ares' husky whisper barely reached his ears. "Liar."

"Let me go! Ares! Gods!"

Ares' laugh reverberated through Autolycus as the dark God slowly licked his way down the thief's chest. He laved a circle around Autolycus' navel, dipping his tongue in and out, suggestively. "Don't you think you've pissed off enough Gods this century?"

Autolycus' belly jumped and shivered at the warm wet sensation of Ares' tongue prodding his navel. He gave a convulsive sob, and twisted roughly.

With a few quick economic flicks of the blade, Ares removed Autolycus' remaining clothing. He gave an effortless twist of his wrist, sending the dagger spinning end over end, the dull red light strobing from the gleaming blade. A snap of his fingers and the boots were gone. Ares nosed the thick thatch of dark curls at the base of Autolycus' quiescent flesh, inhaling deeply the scent of musk and panic. His tongue flicked along the pulse that beat through the vein beneath the semi-soft cock.

"STOP!" Autolycus' felt the icy fingers of terror trailing along his spine. "You don't have to do this!" Hope warred with fear, as Ares paused, his hand cupping the soft sacs between Autolycus legs, rolling them between thumb and fingers thoughtfully as his dark eyes took in the thief's distress.

Autolycus held his breath, sending a fervent prayer to whatever Gods were listening and might yet find some small favor with him.

The mortal was surprisingly beautiful. Autolycus lay stretched before the God, his lithe body arched away from the cool marble.

For a self-confessed thief and sybarite, Autolycus was remarkably well muscled. Broad shoulders arrowed down to a trim waist, narrow hips and muscular thighs. The tendons in his legs stood out in limned relief as he strained upward against his captivity, obviously looking for a weakness in his bonds. His tanned flesh gleamed dully in the red God-fire. Dark hair curled to his nape, eyes as dark as sable flashed with fear and hidden desires, a mustache and goatee accented the full lips. Ares smiled, letting desire well up within him like a molten river flowing down the sides of Mt. Vesuvius. Those lips would look very pretty spread wide and plundered by the God's thick cock.

Ares had thought he preferred short, blond curly-haired warriors that belonged to his half-brother, but this mortal... Silky smooth, Ares voice caressed him, with the same rough gentleness with which the God manhandled the thief's testicles, "Oh, but I *want* to."

Autolycus' hopes plummeted faster than a Pelion cliff diver off the rocky shores of the Myrtoan Sea.

Surprisingly, Ares drew back from the thief, letting the furred orbs fall. Autolycus thought his testes would crawl back up into his body as he stared into Ares' hot eyes. "You wanted to see the magic of the golden feather."

The smile Ares gave him completely unnerved the thief and Autolycus found himself shaking his head in denial. "No, no. Not at all."

"I want you to do something for me, little thief. After all, I plan to bring you great pleasure."

"W-what?"

"I want you to suck me, little thief. Bring me great pleasure, as well."

"You have *got* to be kidding!"

Ares picked up the golden feather. "Would I kid?"

"Could I have what's behind door number three, please?"

Chuckling mirthlessly, Ares gently traced Autolycus' lips with the feather. Autolycus felt a faint tingling in the tender flesh and flicked his tongue out to lick away the disquieting sensation. Ares smirked, "You respond well. This should be fun."

He swirled the feather down around Autolycus' left ear, followed the line of his jaw and swept it gently down the thief's throat, black eyes glittering with lust. Autolycus felt a slow wave of heat caress the skin of his throat, following the path of Aphrodite's feather. He gave a small gasp, tossing his head backwards, baring his throat.

Everywhere Ares touched the feather a fire burned, causing Autolycus to moan and shudder. Flames licked his flesh in the wake of the teasing touch. It burned a path of desire through his body, his nerve endings erupting in a blazing inferno, he was heat and fire. He was touching the sun and he was Icarus spinning out of control, falling, falling, falling into the eternal heat.

Autolycus shouted, cursed, screamed, sweat running from his straining body as he thrashed.

Ares taunted and teased, swirling the feather through the moist heat of the writhing mortal's armpits, swirling the dark hair in eldritch patterns. Autolycus moaned, threatened, cajoled, and arched his neck in supplication.

The thief's cock pulsed and throbbed in time with each light touch. He moaned, denying that this could happen. He wanted Ares. He needed him... needed him to... his mind balked. He cried out an inarticulate protest when Ares trailed the soft feather across his tight drawn balls and curled it around his penis. A trail of unreasoning desire fired through him, setting his pulse beating faster. "Ares! No!"

"What... what are you doing to me?" Autolycus' voice was long past hoarse, a mere whispery rasp cutting his throat.

"I would think that would be obvious, pet. I'm making love to you. 'Dite so hates rape. Wouldn't do to desecrate her temple. We'd be wandering around trying to offer our services as harem guards. I, for one, have no plans on that." Ares dry tones reached out and surrounded Autolycus, the thief staring at him in dismay. Ares watched him with the deadly interest of a cobra, "So you will just have to participate, won't you, little one?"

Autolycus shook his head, trying to fling sweat and hair out of his eyes as he glared at the God. "Not... so... much... of this little one... shtick..."

Ares deep laugh rolled through the temple, sending spine tingling shivers dancing along Autolycus' muscled frame.

Like an artist considering a blank canvas, Ares examined his heavily panting captive. His jet eyes roamed freely over the smooth expanse of chest, down the slender hips to rest on the blood engorged cock, lifted in entreaty, liquid droplets oozing from it's slit. Dark curls were matted with sweat and precum and the thief's balls looked painfully tight. The slender hips gyrated in an unconscious attempt to find something, anything to rub against in Autolycus' attempts to reach completion. With a delicate touch Ares took the feather, teasing the slit of Autolycus' leaking cock.

Autolycus hissed, making small thrusts with his hips helplessly. "Ares! Tartarus! You're driving me mad!"

"Oh, I hope so." Ares lowered Aphrodite's bespelled feather and tickled below Autolycus' balls, watching the wiry thief spread his legs as far as his bonds would allow, as if in entreaty.

"That should do it." Ares stared at his work approvingly, tears streaked the thief's face, the sensuous mouth trembled. "What a wanton little slut you are mortal."

"Ares... please... "

Ares climbed onto the altar straddling Autolycus' waist. "Please, what, pet?"

"I need... I need... please... fuck me... " Autolycus flushed a deep red, his chest heaving as if he had been running in the Athen's marathon.

Ares bent over, taking Autolycus' mouth in a fierce kiss, he pushed his tongue between the thief's parted lips. His tongue darted in and out of the thief's sweet mouth. He slid his tongue along the smooth enameled teeth, enjoying the brush of the soft goatee against his face as he plundered the open mouth, taking what he wanted from the helpless mortal.

Autolycus moaned, opening his mouth and accepting the kiss. He arched desperately upwards, trying to rub his body against Ares' leather-clad form. When Ares pushed his tongue into Autolycus' mouth, the thief eagerly sucked it deeper into his mouth.

Unexpectedly Ares pulled back, sitting back on Autolycus' thighs. Autolycus gave a soft cry, trying to follow Ares' and return to the kiss.

"Not this time, my pet." Lust and desire danced in possessive harmony within Ares as he gazed at Autolycus' kiss swollen lips. "I have something else I want first." Ares rested his large hand on his codpiece, slowly undoing the fastenings. With a sigh of relief, Ares pulled his turgid cock from the too-tight confines. He let the codpiece drop so that his fully distended cock and balls dangled lewdly from the opening.

Even with the fire of forced need and desire spinning through him, Autolycus couldn't help but tremble in fear. "I've never... I haven't done this before... "

Ares smiled, dark eyes glittering ferally. Not a look guaranteed to make the thief feel any safer. "I have. Just do what I do, and you will be released. You do want that, don't you, Autolycus?"

Autolycus wasn't sure what he wanted. All he knew that he was burning up, forever. That time stretched out endlessly before him and he could feel his need swell to impossible heights. He squirmed, helpless to get the needed friction to bring him off. "Yes! No! I... what was the question, again?"

Laughing, Ares fisted his massive cock, thumb spreading the thin film of liquid dribbling from the tip about the soft crown. With a groan of his own, the God of War turned, his knees straddling Autolycus' head. Ares knelt down, one hand pressing on Autolycus' hip to keep him still.

He studied Autolycus' cock for a few moments, enjoying the sight of the pulsing flesh in its nest of dark curls. The purplish head of the thief's needy organ pushed through the foreskin. A large oozing thread of pre-cum seeped almost continuously from the slit.

Autolycus gave a shout as Ares lowered his head, the God's tongue swirling gently along the length of his thick cock. Ares licked the stiff member from root to tip, sending the thief into a quivering frenzy. The God palmed and manipulated the soft dark-furred testicles as he nibbled his way around the shaft. He let his fingers brush against the shadowed cleft hidden beneath the rounded orbs.

Groaning, Autolycus writhed beneath him. Ares pressed firmly down on the narrow hip he still held, while giving the thief's balls a warning squeeze. Autolycus quieted somewhat, soft whimpers tantalizing Ares' ears and inflaming his lusts.

Ares moved away from the cock, to suckle the balls, first one and then the other, before letting them drop. He licked his way down between the soft sacs drawn tightly to the thief's body, to the hidden opening of Autolycus' body. With a promising lick, Ares sent Autolycus into a paroxysm of a gasping, moaning, pleading fit.

With one hand, Ares guided his cock to the thief's bow shaped mouth.

Autolycus resolutely shut his mouth, staring up at the plum colored cock and its heavy thatch of dark curls, the heavy balls swinging near his nose. The tang of musk and male arousal was thick.

"And, Autolycus?"

The thief raised his head to look at Ares through the frame of Ares' muscular thighs. His nose inadvertently nudged against the God's balls. A small flicker of power washed through the mortal at Ares' answering shudder. At least, the God wasn't untouched by this, whatever *this* was, either.

"What?" Autolycus could wish his voice didn't sound so breathless, just a soft whisper of air in the dim flickering temple.

"Mind the teeth, or I *will* castrate you. You don't need testicles for what I want from you, pet." Ares grinned maliciously.

Swallowing convulsively, Autolycus let his head thump back on the heavy marble.

The God traced the curve of Autolycus' lips with the soft head of his cock, leaving a thin trail of film to moisten the well-shaped lips.

The scent of lust and power seemed to permeate every pore of Autolycus' body. He felt helpless, vulnerable, totally at Ares' mercy and the thrill of submission nearly overwhelmed him. He shuddered, unable to refrain from parting his lips ever so slightly to lick at the liquid deposited on his lips.

The fluid was tangy, salt-sweet, but not overtly unpleasant.

A soft sound escaped Ares' throat, and the God licked his way back up Autolycus' cock, and as a reward, licked the oozing tip, playing with the slit.

Ares flicked his tongue in and out of the narrow opening, mimicking a fucking motion, which he planned to do.

Autolycus sobbed, twisting and turning as much as his captivity allowed. "Please... please... please... "

The God's darkly seductive voice shuddered up Autolycus' spine and skittered through his belly, tweaking his already taut nipples and lodging in his throat, "You know what you have to do, to get more, my pet."

Whimpering his capitulation, Autolycus raised his head, straining the tendons in his neck in his attempt to reach Ares' just out of reach cock. He flicked his tongue hesitantly across the tip.

Ares gave a primal cry and thrust his cock between the half-parted lips, the hot moist heat of Autolycus' mouth surrounding his painfully erect member.

Autolycus gasped and moaned, struggling to suck the cock deeper and breathe at the same time. Maybe fear was the best aphrodisiac, because Autolycus couldn't tell whether he was more afraid of suffocating, or of losing his balls should he accidentally scrape Ares' penis with his teeth. A small part of his mind wondered how the hell Cupcake had managed to do him and live.

As a reward for Autolycus' surrender, Ares lowered his own lips to surround the plum-colored crown of the thief's cock.

A wail trembled from Autolycus' throat and Ares began to thrust in earnest, sucking the hot burning flesh in his mouth.

A firestorm swept through the thief as Ares sucked Autolycus' cock deeper into the heat of the God's mouth. Every nerve was electrified, dancing drunkenly through a forest of sensation. His blood sang in his ears and his cock pulsed in counter-rhythms.

Compulsively Autolycus began to suck and nurse at Ares' cock as it invaded his mouth. His body's betrayal complete, hips making small thrusting motions that Ares controlled with a firm grip that would leave finger shaped bruises for days to come.

Autolycus hummed his need against the thick throbbing man-flesh forcing his jaws apart. His thoughts were a chaotic swirl. //Please... please... please... // He could no longer remember what he was pleading for. He only knew he needed to be saved, to have the fire flaming through his body quenched before there was nothing left of him.

With a shout, Ares pumped his hips twice more and then froze. The organ in Autolycus' mouth swelled impossibly larger. Then a heated splash of fluid spurted down the thief's throat...choking him...burning his nostrils...burning him...burning him.

Autolycus gasped and cried around the thick pulsing rod pinning him, swallowing as best he good the thick hot gobbets of cream, feeling the viscous liquid spill from his mouth and dribble down his jaw. He was suffocating. He didn't think you could get to the Elysian Fields giving Gods head. He wondered hysterically if there was someplace special Hades reserved for Ares' mortal lovers.

And then he could breathe. The organ within his mouth going slowly lax, Auto licked it clean hesitantly, burrowing his face into the dark curls at Ares' groin and rubbing his face against the sticky cock and the soft, heavy testicles. He was still on fire. And he wanted to cry. Or had been. He could feel tear tracks drying on his cheeks. Had Ares forgotten his promise?

A hoarse cry clambered from Autolycus' throat as Ares suddenly deep-throated him, swallowing his cock to the root. The God released Autolycus' hip. As the thief thrust upwards convulsively, he felt a nudge and push at the muscle guarding his tightly clenched anus. He bowed upward, away from the threatening digit, freezing. Heart pounding wildly and thoughts a maze of fear and desire.

Ares pulled back to the tip of the thief's cock, leaving his lips surrounding the head, a passive threat to stop. Resignedly, Autolycus gave a small hiccuping cry and allowed himself to come down on that probing digit. He felt Ares' finger slowly twist and turn within him.

Ares touched something deep within Autolycus' body, sending will-o-wisps dancing behind the thief's eyes. Bright sparkling lights threaded through his blood and heat surged through him. He strained against his bonds, the heat surging through his outspread limbs, rolling back through his body, tightening his already impossibly tight nipples to small points, his balls tight drawn against his body.

Sobbing his surrender, Autolycus raised his hips again, thrusting into the welcoming heat of Ares' mouth and then pushing his hips backwards against the intruding finger. Ares' finger probed deeply, to be joined by a second finger, scissoring within the tight channel of Autolycus' ass. Again Ares rubbed that hidden spot deep within Autolycus and sent Autolycus into a heated frenzy of thrusting and pushing, shoving and whimpering, hoarse, half-voiced pleas spilled from the thief's bruised lips unbidden.

Like the freest wanton serving in the temples, Autolycus impaled himself on Ares' fingers again and again.

With a primal cry, Autolycus hung suspended between Ares' lips and his fingers, as Ares repeatedly rubbed that hidden delight. When Ares sucked Autolycus' cock deep within his throat one more time, the wild-eyed thief shrieked. His body erupted, the lava flows of Vesuvius heaving through his stretched and tortured frame. Flames surged through his trembling body, consuming him and delight singed his emotions.

He was on fire. He was burning. He was Icarus on fire again. He had touched the sun and he was plummeting towards the earth and there was only Ares to catch him. And enfold him in darkness.

The thief's body shuddered and heaved, sweat slick skin gleaming in the dim light.

Ares sucked on the madly pulsing cock, letting the flavor of Autolycus' cum wash across his tongue. He pulled off the throbbing organ, watching as clumps of thick white cream splattered the thief's groin and belly. He placed a proprietary hand on Autolycus' abdomen, rubbing the pungent fluid into the soft skin of the thief's belly. "There, that wasn't so bad, was it?"

Autolycus slumped back on the marble, forcibly dragging air into his oxygen starved lungs, his thoughts a miasma of confusion. He felt as though he had been drained dry, all emotion and energy flowing out of his body with the force of his orgasm. He blinked sleepily back at the God, the toll of the last few hours making everything seem foggy and dreamlike.

Refusing to dwell too deeply on the nature of his thoughts, or the dark possessive need that swelled through him as he gazed on the helpless and sated mortal, Ares made a decision. He might have started this as a favor to Hermes and 'Dite, but he would *finish* this for himself. Grinning knowingly at the thief's dazed state, he ignored Autolycus' lack of response.

The thief was such a pleasant surprise, virgin and innocent, sardonic and witty, beautiful and wanton. He could suddenly understand what his father saw in these mortals, after all.

Snapping his fingers loudly in the sanctum of love, the belt and leather restraints fell from Autolycus' wrists and ankles in a small flurry of fine blackened powder. Ares gathered the limp and unprotesting body into his arms.

Aphrodite appeared in a sudden shower of little pink hearts and the scent of wild lavender. "Whoa, Big Bro', where do you think you're going with him?" Aphrodite's blue-eyed gaze took in the debauched figure of the thief.

Ares gave her a skeptical glance, as if she should have known better, "To Olympus, of course."

"That wasn't part of the deal." Aphrodite looked at him in consternation.

Shouldering past her, Ares half-snarled, "I'm making it part." With an arrogant tilt of his chin, he challenged her, "You going to stop me?"

As Aphrodite shook her head in negation, golden curls bobbed about her elfin face. "No. Not me. Just... Ares?"

He turned a smoldering glare on her. "What?"

"Uhm. Don't hurt him, okay? He's really not all bad."

Ares snorted. "I didn't say he was." A swirling void of darkness appeared before him and he stepped through, carrying his prize with him. In the few seconds he was gone, the God-fire blinked out.

Aphrodite's shrine was bathed in the early morning light as the sun shone through the hole cut into the temple ceiling for the plants and trees. The marble gleamed, and little pearls formed on the altar where Autolycus' semen had spattered and mixed with Ares'.

"Well?"

She turned to face the golden hunter who stood framed in the morning light of the temple doorway. "It's all set, sweetcheeks. Ares should be busy for days, if not *months* to come." She chortled. "He's never been in love before, I wonder how he'll handle it?"

 

****
THE END