Snippet...

By Scorpio

AUTHOR'S NOTE: The following is just a little bit of fluff I am throwing together as a sort of excerise. I have never really written Auto before, so I want to pracitce. Silly, huh? Well, I want you guys to tell me what you think of the characterization. I don't know if I can pull Auto off (pun intended) and I am going to have to learn how if I want to go on with the series I have planned. So,... without furthur ado, on to the excerise...

Fandom: Herc/Xena (duh!)

Author: Scorpio

Email: LouisdPdL@aol.com

Rating: Don't really think it should be more than PG-13...

Pairing: Auto/?...

Disclaimer: Not mine... No $...

Warning: Not beta'd and my spelling sucks...


Snippet...
By Scorpio


Autolycus allowed his eyes to roam over the golden polished wood of the lyre for a swift moment before he snatched it off of the red velvet pillow that rested on the pink veined white marble pillar. He wrapped it gently in a soft fleecey bit of cloth before sliding it into the sack he carried with him. Carefully tying the rough material closed over his prize, Auto tucked the sack under his long dark cloak and turned away from the now empty display case.

Walking calmly and slowly through the light and airy Temple to Apollo in order to avoid drawing undue attention to himself, Auto had a brief second of doubt. Was he crazy? Stealing from a God?! Then he thought of the look of pleasure that would cross his lovers face at the sight of the rare and beautiful instrument. He imagined those long slender fingers caressing the strings and the soft enchanting music that they would draw forth. No, he wasn't crazy. It was worth the risk...

After a few extra turns and a swift dash into an empty room to avoid the temple guards, Auto finally made it out into the bright sunshine. He smiled for about half a second until he envisioned Apollo himself materializing in a patch of warm sunlight, riding down from Olympus on a bright sunbeam. He shook himself to clear the silly imaginings from his overactive mind and walked off down the street.


~~~~ two days later~~~~

Autolycus rode his horse into the small town on the waters edge. It was here that he was to meet his lover. He could feel the excitement of a sweet reunion building inside of him. He wanted to have a romanic interlude and present his gift of love and devotion,... however, he also was looking forward to some hot and sweety sex. He smiled at the thought as he neared the appointed inn.

Pulling on the reins to bring the horse to a stop outside of the small barn, Auto dismounted and handed over control of the animal to a young stable boy. With a gaunty smile and a swift adjustment to his waxed mustashe, he flipped a brass Dinar into the air. The young boy caught his payment and quickly offered many assurances that the horse would be feed and brushed and otherwise spoiled rotten.

Dismissing the boy and his four legged charge, Auto took a moment to dust himself off and straighten his outfit. He had a reputation to maintain after all. Part rogueish thief, part foppish courtier, part charming lover. He grinned again, thoughts of his lover dancing naked running through his mind.

Turning, Auto sauntered to the front of the inn and strode through the door as if he owned the place. His sharp eyes roamed across the room, absently noting all the exits and trouble-makers with the easied practice of a long time master thief. However, one figure pulled his attention and focused it in like a priceless gem under glass.

His lover sat at the bar, back to the door, soft light brown hair shining in the candlelight. Swiftly and silently, Auto opened the sack and pulled out his hard earned gift. With a delicate touch, he unwrapped the priceless lyre from the fleece that protected it and slowly walked forward.

"Hello my love..."

His lover turned around and looked at him with excitement pouring from lovely wide eyes. Joy raditated from his beloved to touch every corner of the dimly lighted room with a glow of happiness.

"Auto!"

Long arms enfolded him into a warm and tender embrace and soft lips kissed him with abandon. Softly murmured words of love and devotion caressed him as surely as those elegant and talented fingers. With obvious reluctance, he pulled back from the longed for and cherished embrace.

"I've brought you a gift."

With a blush that he stoicly ignored and a tightening of nervousness in his chest, he held out the golden lyre and watched the astonishment blossom on his love's face. Trembling hands reached out and carefully took the musical instrument from his arms. A smiling face with unshed tears in big beautiful eyes looked up at him with open adoration.

"Oh Auto,... it's wonderful. You didn't have to... I mean, I... I don't deserve something so..."

"Yes you do. You *are* worthy of so much. I... I love you Joxer..."

Suddenly, the King of Thieves was enveloped in the arms of his lover once more. A smile crossed his handsome face. He was in the one place he truely wanted to be...



~~~ end snippet~~~