A Solstice snippet

Hind's Blood

mhfan25@yahoo.com

I wrote this just now, of the top of my head, so excuse me for spelling mistakes, if any....


A Solstice Snippet

Hind's Blood


"Hey, will you watch where you're going?" said the golden hunter in a scolding tone.

The warrior wannabe just cast his eyes down. "But I was just…." He murmured.

"Just stay out of my way" hissed Iolaus, and hurried on, carrying a stack of freshly chopped wood.

"What just happened here?" a blonde head popped out of the kitchen door.

"This clown almost made me drop the wood." Replied Iolaus, rather impatiently.

"Well, this *clown* is our chef, and if you don't apologize you're gonna spend Solstice at the inn, instead of here, with your friends." The bard reproached. "Besides, this holiday is all about good will towards one another." Her big emerald eyes kept staring at the hunter's, until he finally got the hint.

"I'm sorry, Joxer." He reached out an arm to the man standing in front of him. Joxer grabbed his forearm in a tight squeeze. "You're forgiven, Iolaus."

"Where's Herc?" Xena passed by, carrying a load of porcelain plates.

"Outside, I think, chopping more wood." Came the answer.

"No, I'm already done." The demigod was standing right behind his partner. Iolaus could feel the warmth of his friend's broad chest. As if he read his mind, the son of Zeus pressed closer to him. Iolaus could sense the demigod was shirtless, and the thought sent a shiver down his spine.

Suddenly there was a knock on the front door. Hercules moved away from Iolaus, to the latter's disappointment, in order to greet the guests.

"Autolycus, Salmoneus, what a surprise! I didn't think You'd make it, especially you, Sal." Hercules called outloud, revealing his genuine amazement.

"Well, I made a deal with the prison warden. A simple quid pro quo. Tipped him of on some important business transaction, that'll be worthwhile to him, later." The bearded rogue winked at his friends.

"Yeah, and you're probably wanted in four provinces by now…" smirked the king of thieves.

"Speaking of wanted, I don't assume you bought all these solstice gifts at the mall, right?" retorted the con-man.

The thief just smoothed a finger over his impressive mustache.

As the hours passed, everybody was preoccupied with the last minute preparations. They were all either carrying dished, monitoring the pots and stove, or setting the big dining table.

Iolaus was trying hard not to answer his stomach, that was now making its demands loud and clear. He hurried to the kitchen, to get a pick at the holiday's meal.

On his way, he stumbled across his partner, right in the narrow passageway between the kitchen and the dining room. Both their chests brushed against each other, and the two men halted, savoring the sensation.

"Herc, Iolaus, look where you're standing!" Xena cried out. All gazes were fixed on them. They were standing under the mistletoe.

"Well, tradition is tradition…." Said the Demigod in a low husky voice.

He lowered his visage toward the hunter's, slowly approaching the lips. Ever so softly, Hercules' lips touched Iolaus', brushing against them at first, then, tasting them with his tongue. Feeling his partner press against him, the son of Zeus claimed Iolaus' mouth, penetrating his hot cavern, exploring it thoroughly. The hunter moaned into the kiss, as he snaked his arms around Hercules' waste, moving them all along his partner's magnificant back. The demigod, in his turn, sent his callous palms beneath the blonde's purple vest, gently caressing his side, then his perfectly toned abdomen, making his way towards the now-tender nipples.

When the two finally had to break the kiss in desperate need of air, Hercules fixed his ocean-blue eyes on his partner's, his arms resting comfortably at their newly acquired spot, grinned and softly said: "Merry Solstice, Iolaus."

 

END
***

I wish you all a very happy Solstice, merry Christmas & a happy Hanukha!