Title: The End

Author: Perpetual Motion

iwannabedonna@yahoo.com

Webpage: http://www.geocities.com/iwannabedonna

Fandom: Harry Potter

Pairing: Remus/Sirius

Rating: PG

Spoilers: For OotP. The big death near the end.

Summary: Remus remembers.

Dis: JK Rowling’s. Lord knows I wouldn’t ever do this to them.

Author’s Notes: I actually wrote this almost directly after finishing the book back in June. I nearly forgot about it, but this is why we clean out our writing notebooks, children.



The End
By Perpetual Motion


Remus went back to Grimmauld Place that night in a state of shock. He was vaguely aware of Molly greeting him when he came in the door, but he said nothing as he dropped his cloak and went straight to Buckbeak’s room.

Buckbeak looked at him and seemed to know something very bad had happened. He pawed his hoof as if telling Remus to explain his shocked silence.

“He’s dead, Buckbeak.”

The words hung heavy in the silence as Buckbeak stopped moving. As if he understood. He stepped foreword and nudged Remus with his nose. It seemed to be the last straw as Remus crumpled to the floor and began sobbing heavily.

~Sirius. Oh, *Sirius*.~ He put his head in his hands and rocked back and forth slowly as the memories came to him.

Eleven-year-old Sirius grinning and throwing an arm around Remus’s shoulders on the Hogwarts Express, swearing they’d be best friends in no time.

Sirius at thirteen, eyes dancing as he watched James fluster some first year with a set of roundabout directions to a classroom three doors away.

Sirius, thirteen again, holding on tight to Remus and swearing that nothing, not even his lycanthcopy, would keep them from being friends.

Sirius at fifteen, jumping a little as Remus kissed him for the first time, blushing, then kissing Remus back.

A hundred moments marked in a touch of Sirius’s hand, a brush of his lips, a smile as Remus touched and kissed him back.

Remus was hardly aware of anything when Molly came in and helped him to his bed that should have had Sirius in it. She took off his robe and shoes and tucked him into bed. Remus curled around Sirius’s pillow and cried himself to sleep.


END