Title: Rejoicing

Author: Caliadragon

Fandom: Harry Potter

Category: AU

Pairing: None Really

AN: Set in year 6

Spoilers: None

Feedback: On list or at caliadragon@yahoo.com

Disclaimer: Not mine, just the situation

Thanks to Edi for the Beta and for yummy Spike and Xander goodness

 

Rejoicing

by Caliadragon

Closed in a tight, dark place, he’s breathing too fast; but can’t calm himself. His heart feels as though it will burst from his chest and he’s trying desperately not to scream. Outside the dark cell men stand guard. Soon they will be celebrating the death of the boy in the room. For now they are enjoying the entertainment of seeing his two best friends being tortured.

The girl’s screams mingle with the boy’s howls of pain, making the men laugh with pleasure and egg on the men torturing the two teenagers.

Inside the dark cell, the screams of his friends echoed in his head and rage broke the fragile hold he had on his mind. The two guards never saw death coming. One minute they were standing and cheering their friends on. The next minute they were lying on the ground, dead.

Seeing Ron and Mione insensible and near death only added to Harry’s rage, and he began to fire off curses at everyone in his path. The Death Eaters ran for cover, but none who harmed his friends survived. Attacks and bodies falling filled the next few minutes.

Finally, Harry stood facing off against the Dark Lord himself. Voldermort sneered at his young enemy and began to raise his wand to curse him. He never managed to get it done. Before his wand was at half-mast, Harry began to whisper a curse that he had read not long before.

As the last word died on his lips a magical cyclone rippled through the air and began to rip Voldermort's magic and his life force from his body. As the wind died down, Voldermort lay dead. Across the world, Death Eaters were driven to their knees as the dark mark melted from their arm, to be replaced with a lightning shaped scar.

For years to come, people would talk about the day that Voldermort was killed. Across the world, people brought down by Voldermort and his evil followers found themselves healed. Neville Longbottom's parents found their minds settled. Severus Snape woke from the coma he had been in for the last three months. Sirius Black was able to see his lover’s face for the first time in a year. Draco Malfoy felt a burning sensation on his face and raced to a mirror. His eyes widened as he watched the scars on his face disappeared. Elsewhere the magic sought out and healed the broken.

Mione and Ron woke up, and were the only ones to witness the screams of pain as the magic tore through Harry. As he fell to the ground, his hair turned snow white. The scar on his forehead glowed green for several seconds before it disappeared.

That night, around the world, wizards and witches celebrated the death of the Dark Lord; while at Hogwart's, Harry Potter's friends and family hoped for him to wake.

 

The End