Title: Reawakening

Author: Caliadragon

Category: AU

Fandom: Harry Potter

Sequel to Rejoicing

Pairing: Severus/Harry/Draco

Spoilers: None Really

Warnings: Angst

Feedback: On list or at
caliadragon@yahoo.com

Archive: Any list I send it to, those with prior permission and BC

Thanks to Edi for the beta

Summary: Severus and Draco sit by their lover's side waiting for him to wake.


Reawakening
by Caliadragon

Draco's POV

His hair is pure white, but then so is his skin. The tan he had at the beginning of the week is gone. Poppy says it is due to his illness. That when he recovers we will be able to see it again. My father has come and gone several times now. Mainly to make sure that Severus and I are resting properly. Ron and Hermione are beside themselves with regret and worry. I too have regrets. I regret the argument we had before he went to Hogsmeade with them.

I was being selfish and didn't want him to leave me. Since the attack that had left me so badly scared, I had not left our quarters. I knew he missed his friends, but I was afraid he would leave me the way that Severus had left us. In the end he had gone anyway and because of that, Voldermort is gone, my scars are gone and Severus has come out of the curse induced coma. The world rejoices while we at Hogwarts worry and have regrets.

Father and Severus were stunned when they saw the scar that took the place of the Dark Mark. They were certain that they now had a connection to Harry the way that they had to Voldermort. I don't care one way or the other. I just want my lover back.


Severus' POV

It is unnatural and unwanted that he should lie so still and quiet. While it is true that Harry is a shy and somewhat reserved man, when he is with Drake and I he is exuberant and vivacious. He is also one of the most unselfish lovers I have ever had. For three months I lay insensible, only to wake and find one of my lovers healed and the other in a coma due to his magic being drained.

Poppy assures us all that he will wake, but will he still be Harry? Albus has admitted to showing the spell to Harry. Though he had no idea the foolish boy would use it. Or that he would end up counteracting the misery and evil that Voldermort and his followers had wielded from the beginning. It's just too bad he couldn't bring back the dead.

It has been a week since Voldermort's death but I cannot celebrate, none of us can. After all, our hope is lying too still. I know he will be irritated with the new title he has received. He will remind us that there were others who fought in the war. Still, we will tease him and we will love him. If only he would wake.

~~

Harry lay in the cool pocket of silence that his mind had retreated to. He could feel his magic taking shape and changing. He could feel the connection to others, the way their magic and their essence lay just beyond his grasp. There was someone calling him. No, there were several calling him. The voices were telling him that they loved him, that they needed him. It was the voice that sounded like his Sev that caught his attention. He laughed softly as he realized that Severus was scolding him. Telling him to wake up. With a soft smile, he awoke.

~~~

Draco spun away from where he was talking to Sirius and Remus. They heard a soft laugh, Harry's laugh! Severus stopped scolding and looked down into the face of his young husband. Calm green eyes locked with his. "Severus, where's Drake?" he asked softly.

"HARRY!" they all called, and Poppy rushed into the room. What she saw made her laugh and cry. Harry was awake and being hugged and kissed by all those in the room. She rushed forward to her patient and the boy she had come to consider a member of her family.


The End for Now
AN: There will be more to this series.