Title: How Did I Get Here?

Author: Caliadragon

caliadragon@myself.com

Fandom: Harry Potter

Category: AU

Pairings: Harry/Severus, Ron/Draco, Herimone/OFC, Lucius/Remus

Archives: Any list I send it to, those with prior permission and BC.

A/N 1: This is completely AU. I do not write canon. Though some will appear in this tale. This is a mpreg story and will contain m/m and f/f slash.

A/N 2: This is the first Harry Potter story I have ever written so please be kind. I seem to have plot bunnies on acid attacking me left and right so I do not know how long it will be between chapters or how long it will take me to finish this. Sorry.

Warnings: Mpreg, Character Death, Rape and Torture mentioned.

Summary: What if the Malfoys were not what they seemed? What if they were also spies?

Thanks to Aunty Mib and Edi for the beta.

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry and co. The wonderful JK Rowling is their mistress. Characters unknown are mine.


How Did I Get Here?
by Caliadragon



Prologue

Harry sat in the Headmaster's office, staring at the desk in shock-induced silence. He could hear muffled sobs from around him, but somehow they seemed far away. This wasn't supposed to be happening. Dead. He wasn't supposed to be dead. Harry kept expecting to be yelled at; to be condemned for his failure. Instead, crying was all he heard. He was drawn from his stupor by the Headmaster's gentle voice. "Harry, my boy look at me," the gently spoken command had him raising his head.

Albus sucked in a sharp breath at the look in those brilliant green eyes. The spark that seemed to live in them was gone. Fear filled his heart, Harry's eyes were dead. He had felt that the boy was holding something in, as he dispassionately told the story of the horror he had suffered the last two days. Now he knew it. He feared what Harry would do if he didn't get him to speak. "Harry, there is more to this story. Please tell me the rest of it?" he pleaded, but Harry shook his head. He couldn't, he couldn't hurt them anymore.He rose from his chair and went to stand at the window. His hand went to his back, and he felt his wand where it rested in his pocket.

Severus watched the boy he had come to love, and wondered what other terrible trials the boy had faced. It was bad enough knowing that he had been forced to watch as his god-father and Narcissa Malfoy were murdered. It had been a shock to all of them to find out that she and Lucius were actually spies for the Ministry. He saw his friend holding on to his son and trying to ease his grief, but most of his attention was on Harry. Severus frowned as he watched the young man remove his wand. He wondered what he was doing with it.

The room was suddenly rent with screams of denial as Harry Potter; 'The Boy Who Lived' pointed his wand at himself and shouted, "Avada Kedavra." He was thrown across the room, and landed at Severus' feet.

Shaking, Severus fell to his knees and cradled the small form to him. For several moments he just rocked him. Then to his shock he felt Harry breathing. He closed his eyes in relief, then looked up at the stunned and shattered group. "It didn't work, he's still alive. Quick, Poppy, let's get him to the infirmary." He stood, still holding his precious burden, and quickly left the office.

Ron sat beside Herimone, rocking her gently and trying to figure out when his life had shattered so deeply. This time three days ago he, Harry and Mione were laughing and making plans to go to Hogsmeade and celebrate their last class. Graduation was only days away, and for a while they wanted to forget the war and everything that went with it. It was brought back with a vengeance the next day, as they helplessly watched as Death Eaters stole Harry and apparated away with him. How they captured Sirius was still unknown. They had taken Draco's mother from her home. Now he sat outside the infirmary, with the real fear that his best friend would find a way to finish what he had started with that curse.

He looked up sharply as Madam Pomfrey came out to them. She looked shaken, and there were tears drying on her cheeks. "Poppy?" Severus asked softly. "He's fine, physically. I got him to tell me the rest of it. He had to after what I found."

"What did you find?" Mione demanded hoarsely.

"He's pregnant."

"Albus!" Lucius cried in alarm as the Headmaster began to sink to his knees. Hagrid caught him, and lowered him gently into the nearest chair. "Do go on Poppy, I'm fine, just shocked. Who is the father?"

They watched as fresh tears ran down her cheeks. "Sirius. He was under an Imperius Curse. You-Know-Who forced him to rape Harry. In the end Sirrus killed himself and was able to free Harry." At the same time Remus howled out his pain. Severus and the others could only mourn anew for the boy who had too much pain in his life already. Each asked themselves how they had got to this point, and each swore to help Harry destroy Voldermort.



Chapter 1: Month One-Revelations and Repercussions

Harry lay on his back breathing deeply, trying not to be sick. Madam Pomfrey had told him that the first few months were the hardest. She had given him a mild potion to help ease the nausea. So far it worked, when he could bring himself to remember to take it. It wasn't that he wanted to be sick. No, it was that he was still trying to cope with the fact that he was carrying the child. Sirus' child. Harry trembled and tried not to cry, but the tears still came. He was surprised when the curtain on his bed was pulled back. He looked over at Neville in confusion.

"Sorry Harry, I just wanted to make sure you were ok," Neville whispered.

Tears flowed faster and a sob tore from his throat. "Could you hold me for a moment Neville?" he asked brokenly. Neville never hesitated; he climbed into the bed and pulled Harry into his arms.

Neville had changed in many ways over the last few years. Yet in many ways he had never changed. Gone was the trembling, overweight boy. In his place was a slim confident young man, but still he was the kindest of their friends. It was a shock to the whole school when Neville came back in their sixth year slim and brave. He had been sent to live with another relative, and it had helped him.

No longer under the care of his frightening grandmother, he had bloomed. Another surprise was that Neville went from being a horrible student in potions, to the best in the class, second only to Mione herself. Snape didn't even yell at him anymore.

Being soothed by Neville seemed to ease Harry's emotions, and the nausea as well. Harry sighed and snuggled closer. He was grateful to his friend for the care and closeness.

"Hey you two. We need to get going or we'll miss breakfast and class." They turned to look at Ron, who was smiling down at the pair. They both nodded, and Harry sighed as both Neville and Ron eased him into a standing position. He was only a month along, but they were treating him like an invalid. Granted he deserved it for stupidly trying to curse himself to death, but he had been in shock. Had he known about the baby, he never would have tried it. Even though he had been forced to bear the child, he wanted it desperately. Sirius had never wanted to harm him, and wouldn't have if it hadn't been for Voldermort.

In Harry's mind it was not Siirus who raped him, but his greatest enemy. He had just been blessed with Sirius' child. Professor Dumbledor worried about this turn in Harry's mind, but heeded Poppy's advice to let it be. The school had been shocked by the revelations of what had happened in the days that Harry was gone. It had even been in the Daily Prophet. The public outcry over the article had been massive. Even now, weeks afterwards, it was said that Rita Skeeter still got hex's and howlers over writing the story and invading Harry's privacy. Hermione reported her as an unlisted animamage, and the Ministry was on the verge of charging her with something.

The biggest shock had been the blow up at the school the day after the article. Rita had actually come back to the school. Before she could get to Harry she had been hexed by no less that a dozen different people: Professors McGonigal, Snape and Lupin were notable among them. Some of the others were: Lucius and Draco Malfoy and another unknown Slytherin girl; and the rest: Ron, Mione, Seamus, Dean, Neville and Ginny. She was unconscious on the steps when the Headmaster arrived, and he shocked those standing around by laughing out loud.

"Someone take this garbage back to Hogsmeade, she can get treatment there. I will not touch her." Madame Pomfrey had growled. She then turned to a stunned Harry and led him away from the ruckus. Harry sighed and pushed the memories away. Instead, he headed to the showers to get ready for his day. When he reached the common room Mione smiled and went to join him.

"Hello Harry, how are you this morning?" Harry smiled and felt his heart lighten just a little. Mione had the ability to make him feel happier and less worn down.

"I'm okay," he answered, and let her lead him to the portal. It had been suggested that Harry be placed in a private room, but when the Gryffindors heard about it there had been a near riot. Finally it was decided that it was best for him to remain with his friends. Snape had been heard laughing and telling Lucius.

"As if Albus had any choice. The Gryffindors were holding him under siege until he agreed." Harry had been amused and pleased by the antics of his friends. The Weasley twins had taken up positions at the school. Surprisingly they taught Defense Against the Dark Arts. It had been decided that the class would be split up into two levels. They taught the first through third years, while Professor Lupin taught the older students. Due to the war, and being outted as a spy, Lucius Malfoy had a house built on the school grounds and was living there. Draco still stayed in the dorms. It was a shock when Snape and Lupin moved in with the man everyone thought was their enemy.

Potions were no longer a huge trial, and the division of points was now fair. Snape trained Potion Aurors' at the school as his part of fighting the war, since he too had been outted as a spy. In all, it had been a month full of upheavals. Draco was now considered the fourth of their group and they were hardly ever apart. Draco had revealed that he had been forced to pretend disdain for Harry and the others, so that the other Deatheaters wouldn't get suspicious. Harry suspected that Draco and Ron were more than friends, but had
kept quiet so far.



Chapter 2: Month One-Potions and Emotions

Harry sat quietly on his stool as he waited for Professor Snape to swoop in and start class. He was feeling much better, and had taken to using the nausea potion that Madam Pomfrey had given him. Emotionally he was also doing better. Unfortunately, Voldermort had stepped up his campaign to capture him, and security around the school had increased ten fold.

The professors and the other 7th years had taken to following Harry whenever he was not in the company of his friends. It was beginning to grate on his nerves. The only place he felt free was in Hagrid's hut or with Remus in his house.

The older men treated him kindly and were protective, but did not smother him the way others were wont to do. Mione had actually started a chart on his pregnancy, and went with him to Poppy when he had his bi-weekly check up. Harry was both amused and unnerved by how much Mione had learned about Wizarding pregnancies.

She had learned that the last male to give birth had been Lucius Malfoy himself. It seemed that Narcissa had become ill and was unable to carry Draco to term. In that case MediWitch Juniper Snape had been the one to transfer the fetus and provide care for both father and child.

Thanks in part to Severus' pull with his sister, she would be coming to stay at Hogwarts to oversee Harry's pregnancy. There was concern that Harry would have to drop several of his advanced magic classes. No-one knew what reaction a full term pregnancy would cause with someone as magically powerful as Harry. The fact that his powers seemed to increase in the last month was worrying.

It had been decided that Harry and his class would continue their after school training at Hogwarts, and the old castle had actually shifted to make more room for the remaining students. The sheer number of students willing to remain for further training had been mind boggling. The fact that the majority were both Slytherin and Griffydor was not.

Once the truth about their head boy and head of house came out, many of the Slytherins had stopped pretending to support the Dark Lord. Among those was Crabbe, Goyle and Blaise Zabini. Patsy Perkinson also began to show her true affiliations. She and Crabbe had announced their engagement.

For Harry, it was a sign that they could look forward to a future and not focus on defeat. It was something he desperately needed to believe.

Severus swept into the room, noting Harry's small form. The young man was finally beginning to regain some of the weight he had lost in his first weeks of pregnancy. It was still hard to believe so much had happened in just one month. His feelings for Harry had increased as he spent time in their home.

Severus had been truthful with both Remus and Lucius about his feelings for Harry, and had been relieved by their support. Remus felt that time would be to their advantage in this case. They could see a general thawing in Harry's attitude toward both Severus and Lucius.

The men had all been pleased when Draco had been accepted as a fourth in Harry's group. Lucius had told them of Draco's love for Ron a long time ago, and they were all pleased to see a progression in their relationship.

Setting those thoughts aside, Severus moved to the head of the class. Putting on his best scowl and driest voice he began to give his lesson. "Today we will be making a Concealment Potion. When taken, this potion has the ability to conceal the intentions of the user. As such, there are many potions and spells to counteract such a usage. However, you will be learning this phase first. Turn to page 30 of your text and begin."

The room was quiet save for the turning of pages and the sounds of the students settling down to perform their tasks. As they worked, Severus took it upon himself to stalk around the class, watching and waiting for one of the students to make a mistake. Of all of those present, he was the most surprised when Harry's cauldron suddenly began to explode and disappear.

Thankfully, Ron was able to grab Harry and get him away before it was to late. Severus was not the only one to throw himself in front of the two boys to protect Harry from any of the explosion's effects.

Once it was over and the fire put out by Mione and Draco, everyone turned to Harry. "I followed the recipe to the letter Professor. I don't know what happened," Harry told him, distraught.

Severus nodded. He believed Harry; the boy would take no chances with his child. "I think you are going to have to drop your classes for a while Harry. It looks as though your magic has reacted to your pregnancy."

Harry sighed and wondered what he was going to do now that he couldn't be a student. Would he have to go back to the Dursleys?


Chapter 4: Month One-A Change in Status

Harry sat in his usual chair for his meetings with Professor Dumbldore. On either side of him sat Remus and Lucius. Both men were trying their best not to smother him with worry. Severus was just as bad. He had been near to raging when reaction set in, over how close Harry had been to being injured in the explosion. If Harry was already beginning to experience magical problems due to his pregnancy, his level of magic had been highly misread.

Then there was the fact that they had received news, from the only spy they had left, that Voldermort had decided to take Harry while he was still pregnant. Just another side effect that they could blame on that damned reporter.

So much stress and worry was not good for Harry or the baby. There was no way that they were ever going to let Harry go back to his Muggle relatives. Albus had only recently learned the full truth behind Harry's life among them. Ron, in a moment of true riendship, had confronted the Headmaster and told him everything he knew of Harry's life with the Dursley's.

Accommodations had already been made for Harry for the end of the advanced classes. Those plans had just been hurried along. Severus and Harry would be going to the Snape family manor to live out the remainder of Harry's pregnancy there. The Snape family was the only one, besides Dumbeldore's own, that Voldermort feared.

It was why they had chosen Severus to become a spy for the side of the light. It was one of Albus' biggest regrets. He should never have allowed the young man to put himself at such risk, but they had needed more than one spy. To that end they had Severus, Lucius and their only remaining spy.

Harry had taken the news of his newest accommodations well, however he caused all of the glass in the room to crack when they told him about what Voldermort had planned. Albus wondered if Voldermort realized the danger he was in.

Harry was becoming extremely protective of his unborn child. For that matter so was everyone at Hogwarts. Albus thought it was for the best that Harry get away from Hogwarts for a while. Perhaps Fiona Snape would also be able to help Harry stay calm through his pregnancy. After all, her eldest son had given birth recently, and Severus' cousin would be spending the holidays at the Manor.

Severus had already made plans to spend time with his family, knowing that his part in the war had been minimized. Albus felt that this would also be a good time for Harry to get to know the real Severus, and perhaps find out how the Potions Master really felt about him.


Chapter 4: Month One-Introductions

The next morning, after breakfast, Severus and Harry were once again in the headmaster's office. Ron, Mione, Draco, Lucius and Remus were also there. Harry had already said goodbye to the rest of his friends and had spent nearly the remainder of the evening before with Hagrid. The man had been beside himself with worry over Harry, once he had heard about the explosion in the potion's lab.

It had been decided that Harry should stay with the half-giant until he was sufficiently sure of Harry's well being. Which meant that Harry had spent most of the evening before wrapped up in one of Hagrid's many afghans with Fang curled protectively behind him. Hagrid hadn't even tried to give him food. The man made sure that the house elfs brought down a filling meal and then entertained Harry by reading him the wizarding version of a romance novel.

Harry had been highly entertained, and felt safer and happier than he had since his return from Voldermort. Hagrid had been Harry's first and only friend until his ride on the Hogwart's express. He was also the only one in his life that had been constant in some way. Well, everyone but Severus. The Potion's Master still spent his time either rescuing or trying to teach Harry something. It was amusing and, if Harry were honest with himself, flattering.

Harry had long ago accepted that he had feelings for Severus. It was unlikely, though, that the man would ever see him that way. Harry was just glad that the wizarding world was as accepting as they were. Though he was still unsure why werewolves were stigamatized when every other way of life was accepted.

Albus smiled gently at his friend and protege. He would be very glad to see Harry safe on the Snape property. Harry was too young for the pain and stress that had been heaped upon him. Every day Albus cursed the fate that made him the only one able to defeat Voldermort. This battle was not a place for children. Yet it was children who would ultimately be the ones to defeat the Dark Lord. If they were lucky, Harry's magic twin {soul mate} would be there by his side on that day.

Albus knew that Severus was Harry's mate, but he would do nothing to interfere in their lives any more than he already had. They had already paid too great a price for the safety of the world. Both men had lost their innocence and their childhood to the craven coward. Albus would not sacrifice their future happiness and the life within Harry to defeat the bastard.

With that in mind, the elder wizard performed the spell that would open up an entrance between Hogwarts and Urella so that Harry would not have to floo or use a port key. Both held traumas for the young man, and no one could apparate from Hogwarts. Nor would they allow Harry to leave the security of these walls to apparate from Hogsmeade.

The last thing Harry and Severus saw before the portal closed was Herimone blowing a kiss to Harry. Both men were smiling when the household swept down upon them. "Severus!" his mother cried as she threw herself into her son's arms.

The rest of the clan began to take turns hugging and greeting Severus. Harry was amused and intrigued by the reception. He blushed when, as one, the Snape's all turned their attention on him. His eyes darted back to Severus and the man smiled gently. Stepping away from his sister, Polly, he walked to the younger man and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. He was surprised and grateful when Harry leaned into him seeking comfort and safety.

"Hello Harry, welcome to Urella," Fiona said gently. She could see the young man's nervousness and also the gentle way her son held him. She could see what it was about Harry that drew her son in.

The boy's eyes were warm and gentle, yet they held such sorrow. His vulnerability shone openly from his eyes. She cursed the Dark Lord and wished him dead. The bastard was always destroying children. Yet he had underestimated this young man, just as he had her Sev.

"Come, let's go into the parlor. Your father is entertaining your uncles with his newest gadget from the muggle world," Fiona said with fond exasperation. Those around them chuckled and Harry was startled.

They had barely made it into the parlor when Harry grabbed his forehead and screamed out in agony. Severus caught him before he fell to the floor. He writhed in pain, clawing at his forehead as another vision of Voldermort's evil ripped through his mind.


\\Vision//

The man was screaming as the cold, wraith-like man stood over him muttering a spell. He would stop and start every few minutes. The creature's red eyes glowed with malice and mad glee. "You will find some way to bring me Potter, before his child is born, or I will kill your precious son. Do you understand me Weasley?"

The man looked up as the spell ended. "I understand," Arthur Weasley choked out.

\\End Vision//


Harry sobbed brokenly and clung to the person holding him. He had no idea that he was screaming apologies to Arthur, or that Juniper was kneeling beside her cousin trying to get him to let the boy go. They were all stunned by what they had seen. Thankfully, Harry lost consciousness.

Severus felt sick to his stomach. He had no idea how or why, but he had seen the vision that Harry had experienced. The only difference was that he didn't suffer the pain. "What the hell just happened?" Fiona growled.

"Harry is connected to the Dark Lord through his scar. Whenever Voldermort uses his powers or is feeling particularly malicious, Harry feels it. Unfortunately, it is the pain of Voldermort's victims that he feels," Severus told her brokenly.

Fiona scowled, and watched as her son gently lifted Harry and carried him further into the room. Juniper pushed her way through her family and quickly hurried to their sides. Pulling out her wand, she began to cast spells to make sure that Harry wasn't hurt. As she did, her cousin Fredrick moved to her side and also began to cast more diagnostic spells.

"Well?" Severus growled when they finished.

"Both Harry and the baby are fine. Harry's blood pressure is a little high, but I think that is stress more than anything. He's also still underweight and has had little sleep, but I think that is to be expected considering what he has suffered in the last few months." Juniper nodded, agreeing with Fredrick.

"I have to get an owl off to Albus and let him know what I saw in Harry's vision," Severus told them wearily.

"What you saw?" Fiona asked, confused.

"Yes, when Harry was going through the vision. I saw what he saw. It was very strange," Severus told her.

Fiona and Alistar shared a look. "Severus, I think you have bonded to the boy," Fiona said carefully.

"What?!" Severus asked, shocked.

"I believe you have bonded to Harry. We know that you love him. Perhaps with the strain of the explosion and the danger Voldermort represents, you bonded to him through that worry and that love," Alistar said.

"You love me?" Harry asked, his voice held awe.

Severus looked down at him.

"You love me?" he asked again.

Severus nodded. He could not believe he was seeing awe and trust in Harry's beautiful green eyes. He was startled by the tears that filled Harry's eyes, and by him burrowing into his arms.

Harry couldn't believe that Severus loved him. The only person he ever wanted to be close to. The one who had claimed his respect and his love after the battle in their sixth year. Now he had that love returned, but in the process he also had the knowledge that Arthur Weasley was in danger, and so was one of the Weasley brothers. Which son was it that Voldermort had taken?

Harry could only cry and cling to Severus. He never heard the calming charm that was placed on him, or the sleep charm that followed a few seconds later. Severus scowled at his sister, but said nothing. "Severus, give me the child. You return to Hogwarts the way you came and tell Albus all that has happened. You should also tell him about the bonding," Alistar said.

Severus nodded and allowed him to take Harry from his arms. To the shock of his family Severus leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on Harry's lips, before standing and striding away.

*

Albus was stunned by the reopening of the doorway and Remus tensed. Why would they be returning now? Severus' grim face did not bode well. "Why have you returned Sev?" Lucius asked.

"Harry has had a vision." He then went on to tell them what he had seen. As he finished, Arthur Weasley flooed in. The man was obviously in pain and panicked. Molly and Bill were next to arrive. Molly was visibly crying.

"Voldermort has Charlie," Severus said tonelessly before the Weasleys could say anything. Arthur nodded.

"How -."

"Harry had a vision; he saw what Arthur went through," Severus said, cutting Bill off.

Molly cried out. "Is he alright? The baby?" the Weasleys all asked. Severus was stunned by their worry. He had assumed that they would blame the boy.

"They're both alright. Juniper charmed him to sleep; he was crying." Severus then turned to the Headmaster.

"You have to contact Percy and tell him to get his brother out and come back," Severus said. Albus nodded and Arthur looked at them with relief.

"Percy's a spy?" he asked hopfully. Albus and Severus nodded, making Molly cry all the harder with relief that her son wasn't a traitor.



Chapter 5: Saving Charlie

Charlie sat against the wall of the cell he had been placed in. He looked up with angry scorn as his younger brother walked through the door. "Stand up, Charlie!" Percy ordered quickly.

Charlie glared, but did as he was ordered. He was about to snap at his brother, when the younger man pulled him into his arms and Charlie felt the unmistakable pull of a port key.

He and Percy fell onto the ground as they landed. When they looked up they were in Professor Dumbledore's office. Charlie looked at his brother in confusion as he helped him stand. He wondered what was going on. According to his last letter, Percy hated them and swore to kill them on sight.

Molly and Arthur both su rged forward and held onto their sons as tightly as possible. Percy kissed both of his parents gently and pulled away to face the Headmaster. "Sir, we have a major problem. The Snake-Eye-Bastard has decided he wants both my sister and Harry. He thinks that he can repossess Ginny and take Harry's baby from him and raise the child in his own image."

Albus looked at Percy grimly. "We will take care of both situations. Harry is safe at Urella and you and your family will be staying here. We will charm a home for you here the way that we did for Lucius. Voldemort will not get any of your family. You have done us all a great service spying for the Order, but now it's time for you to get back with your family."

Percy smiled sadly at him, then turned to look at his gathered family. "I doubt they would want me back, Headmaster. If you will excuse me, I am tired. I will be in my quarters," Percy told him calmly before turning to leave.

He never made it to the door. Ron and Ginny tackled him and held him underneath them. "You aren't going anywhere, Percy Weasley!" Herimone said as she sat down in front of the three. "You are our family and you are damn well going to remember that!"

"You heard her. We love you, Percy and we've missed you being a prat," Ron told him goodnaturedly. Percy laughed, before sobbing in relief. He had missed his family and friends. It had hurt to pretend to hate them.

Albus, Severus, Lucius and Remus watched as the Weasleys and Herimone left the office with Percy. They were all confident that the group would be able to recover from the distance Percy's spying had caused.

After they were gone, Severus sank down into a chair. "There is something else you should know. Somehow, I have managed to bond Harry and myself."



Chapter 6: Say What?!

"I'm sorry, Severus, I could have sworn I just heard you say you had bonded yourself to Harry," Lucius said incredulously.

Severus glared at him. "You heard correctly."

Albus opened his mouth to speak, but for the life of him he had no idea what to say in response to this news. "How?"

"I believe it happened after the explosion in the Potions class," Severus said calmly.

"I see, have you told Harry?" Remus asked, speaking for the first time.

"Yes," Severus snapped. He really didn't want to admit that it had actually been an accident. Even with the bonding there was very little he could expect from the boy. Even if Harry were not pregnant, there was also th e fact that he was still recovering from a traumatic experience.

It was too soon to even think of trying to seduce the boy to his bed. There was no doubt in Severus' mind that the assult he was forced to endure at Sirius' hand was not something that the boy was likely to get over quickly. No matter how magically powerful the child was, he was just that, a child.

As the other three men stared at him he contemplated the way Harry had responded, both to the news of his love and the bonding. Severus had been stunned by the boy's acceptance. Still, that did not mean Harry was ready for anything more.

There was also Voldemort to consider. The insane megalomaniac needed to be destroyed; the sooner the better. Severus could not help the feeling of forboding when he thought of what Voldemort could do to Harry in his present condition. The mere thought of the things his old master was capable of set his stomach churning.

"I assume that you are still going to stay with Harry at the family estate?" Lucius asked.

Severus nodded absently. He sighed and climbed to his feet. He needed to see to Harry, and sitting there brooding was not getting it done. With a final look at the Headmaster, Severus departed the way he had come.

After he had gone, Albus sighed heavily, "I don't think I have to tell either of you to keep this a secret? If this got out, Voldemort would do everything in his power to kill both of them. I believe he would even go so far as to storm the gates of Urella." The others nodded, both glad that none of the children had been there to hear the news and the danger it represented.

______

Severus leant against the wall looking down at the sleeping boy. He seemed so fragile and helpless in his sleep. It was hard for Severus to remember that this boy was a dangerous and powerful wizard. He s wore that he would begin to work with Harry on magics that he could do while pregnant.

Between himself and The Golden Group they had managed to find a great many spells that Harry would be able to perform. All of them were with wandless magic, but Harry had already shown he had the ability to do so. Again, this was a feat that only the most powerful of wizards could accomplish.

Sighing softly, Severus left the room and retired to his own bed. He hoped that when Harry woke he would still be amenable to the bonding. He hoped; for the first time in years, he hoped.



Chapter 7: Accepting

Harry opened his eyes slowly and looked around in confusion for a moment before smiling softly. It was a novel feeling to be safe and warm upon his awakening. Why he felt that way he was unsure. Perhaps it was because he knew that he was safe and loved. Harry knew that his friends loved him and that he was accepted by the Weasley family and to a lesser degree Mione's parents. He had never even felt accepted until after Hagrid had come for him. Thinking of Hagrid made him smile and giggle as he remembered the last evening that they had spent together. The half-giant had read his favorite romances to Harry and had even done the voices of some of the characters.

Harry had taken to spending more time with Hagrid t han usual, because Hagrid treated him no differently than he had before. Harry knew that he was going to miss Hagrid in the time he was away, but he also knew he would get to see him again.

It was strange to remember the fact that he was now bonded to Severus. He shivered slightly as he remembered another bonding that had nearly happened. If he hadn't escaped Voldemort when he had, the red-eyed demon would have been the one he was bonded to.

Harry hoped that Severus did not regret the bonding. Harry was unsure how it had happened, but he did know that the bonding had done more to protect him than anything else that could have been done.

Harry also wanted to know what this meant to his future, if he still had one after the fight with Voldemort was over. Did this mean that he now had a family? Harry had always wanted one. He was sure that those hopes had died with Sirius, but the child changed all that. Harry sighed and decided that brooding was getting him nowhere.

Getting out of bed he took his daily allotment of potions and went to take care of his needs before seeking out food. He was starving again.

_________

Severus looked up as Harry walked into the room. He was plesed to see that the boy was looking both relaxed and well. It was not often that Harry looked either. Certainly not since the death of his Godfather and the trauma that had followed.

"Good morning, Professor," Harry said shyly.

Severus smirked. "I think it would be better if you called me Severus, Harry."

Harry blushed shyly and nodded. He sat down near the older man and wondered if he could work up the nerve to ask the questions that were burning in his mind. Finally he cleared his throat and asked, "How are Charlie and the other Weasleys?"

"They are well. Last evening they were working to repair their relationship with Percy. Spying for us has done a great deal of damage to the young man." Harry nodded in agreement.

Severus smiled again, he had a feeling he knew what was going on behind the shy boy's eyes and decided that it was time to talk seriously. "Harry, I think we need to talk about the bonding."

Harry flushed and looked down. "Don't be afraid, I will never do anything that you are not comfortable with. Nor do I expect you to return my love. I just want you to know that I will be there for you and your child. Because of the bond we will have to wed, but again I will not force you into anything you are not ready for."

Harry nodded and looked up at him. Severus took a deep breath at the emotion in the boy's brilliant green eyes. "Does this mean I'll never be alone again?" he asked, pain clear in his voice.

"Yes, we are mates and we are family. You, me and our child," Severus told him daringly.

Severus was stunned to find himself being hugged by Harry. The boy clung to him tightly and was still clinging to him later when the rest of the
family came down for breakfast.



end chapter 7