Title: Hocus=Pocus, Part Two

Authors: royslady 51 and Growly

royslady51@yahoo.com

Fandoms: Harry Potter, CATS, Invader Zim, Lion King, Lion King 1½, Dragonlance, X-Men, Phantom Menace and several Original Characters.

Genre: Slash

Series: maybe

Archive: Yes

Rating: Anywhere from PG-14 to NC-17

Warnings: There be KENDER in here! Oh, yes…and it’s a Mary Sue, of course.

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything but my tent and it’s contents: But, Growly owns Aiden, Julian and the rest of the Silverwolf Clan, who are her Original Characters, and anything odd that those characters have or do is her’s too. She also owns the Chrysalis Dragons and the societies of the world they live in. All of that are products of Growly’s imagination and the copyright to it is pending.



Hocus=Pocus, Part Two
by royslady 51 and Growly


Harry had ended up taking Dib up for his first flight on a broomstick, teaching Dib how to fly as he flew. Dib learned quickly which made Potter entertain the idea of training Dib as a ‘backup’ Seeker. That would be tactically sound since no other House had two Seekers, after all. That was mostly why Harry was a constant target in every game of Quittich, since, as Seeker, if Harry managed to catch the Snitch while Gryffindor House was ahead enough in points, not only would his House be awarded 150 House Points, but the game would be over instantly, bringing Gryffindor that much closer to the School Championship and the coveted ‘House Cup’ that went with it. The Seeker was the most dangerous player on the team, but then that was the most dangerous position as well, so that was fair, wasn’t it?

He broached the idea to Dib who discounted the danger. Harry wasn’t all that well pleased with the information that Dib gifted him with in return, though. This ‘Zim” person would have to be caught and dealt with. He hovered, turning to look at Munkustrap who had been calmly riding the brush of Harry’s broomstick like a professional.

The Jellicle Cat nodded, “Aliens really should just stick to Terraforming unoccupied worlds as such world are tailored to their needs. Hostile takeovers invariably do not yield the desired results.” He sighed. “I’ll pass the word through the ranks of the Jellicles. This really ought to be Tugger’s job.”

“That would mean Snape’s involvement….” Harry hesitated.

“True.” Munkustrap replied with a slight smile.

Harry’s smile got a good bit broader too, as he thought through it more. Then he nodded before allowing his attention to be taken by another young man who was approaching them from behind Dib.

“Hey, Dib…this is another alien, but this one’s a ‘friendly’. Harry rather enjoyed the look on the American kid’s face when Jedi Padawan Obi Wan Kenobi flew on his broom to where they hovered on their own brooms. He, as could be expected of a young Jedi, manipulated the broom with ease. Obi is sorta like a Zen or Tibetan Warrior-Priest…without the chastity!”

“Oh. Gee, thanks!” Retorted Obi in mock outrage. Hermione had Owled him a tome about those guys, which Qui Gon had found to be hilarious. On the other hand, his master did have the strangest sense of humor in the order, so perhaps….

Then, Obi grinned at Harry. “I’ve decided to take that Keeper spot.”

“That’s good, but what I’d really like to know is what your Yoda had to say about taking the D.A.D.A. teaching position that Dumbledore offered him.”

He’s taking it and he’s bringing at least eight more Master/Padawan teams with him when he comes…and several un-paired masters who want padawans or who don’t want a padawan, but still want to have a child to teach or tutor.”

“That might be pretty neat to watch at that.”

“Yeah, but it also means that I almost had to take the Keeper position since it’s unlikely that all of the other padawans will be in my assumed House. And you’ve got to figure that some of those will be chasers.”

“Oh. OH! ”

“Right. I sorta thought you’d catch on pretty fast to those implications.”

****

“I’ll kill her!” Draco fumed.

“At the rate of exchange we just witnessed, Malfoy, that would be most unwise. Young, Gaz may be but she is far more powerful than you are. And much, much meaner.”

‘But, but…”

“Ah, but you see, she’s entering Hogwarts a full year early.”

“She’s ten?!” Draco bellowed in shock. “Who’s her mother, her father’s a muggle…she said so!”

MacGonagol’s lip curled in distaste as she spat out the answer. “ A flighty little red-headed witch…no relation to the Weasleys, actually, named Naomi Sandburg, which is a cadet branch of the French Andres…very old blood that one. Magi, actually, rather than Wizardry. Powerful those folks. And Young Gaz is bidding fair to live up to the family’s potential and then some. She’s certainly been an active mage since she was four or so years old!”

MacGonagal thought about Naomi for a long moment. Oh, that woman and her father knew your’s all too well, young man. Riddle couldn’t stand her father, by the way: Not that anyone could – such a sickening creature, that one. Even Riddle knew he was dangerous and banished him years ago. Membrane is your father’s first cousin, Draco. Gaz’s blood is far purer than your’s is. She’s not a muggle born. If you knew your Litany of Decent you’d know that.”

“She outranks me?”

Minerva looked at Severus, “He’s really got to work on his sense of priorities, doesn’t he?”

“Hmm, yes. He’s one of the brighter Slytherins, really. But then that’s not saying much when you consider he’s of the same generation as Neville
Longbottom.”

The Transfigurations Professor snorted. “Tell me about it. He made an enemy out of a lad that makes his father’s master nervous. Not the wisest course of action, if you ask me.”

Snape just raised one eyebrow. “I believe I just said that.”

Neither teacher was at all concerned that Draco was still present while they dissected his character. In fact, they seemed to enjoy doing so.

“May I go?” He requested in a cold, stiff tone.

“No, as a matter of fact, you may not.” Snape replied. “We need to located your cousin. Gaz seems to have wandered off…and that means you are a lot safer in this infirmary until we find her!”

~*~

“Whatcha doin’?” The small green dog following Gaz down the long hall inquired. Upon a slightly closer inspection it was rather obvious that there was no way that the thing could actually be a dog of any kind. It was also quite clear that the ‘dog’ was clearly of mechanical origins. Not that the girl in question didn’t immediately recognize the thing.

“Aren’t you supposed to be bothering that stupid Zim?” She replied archly, with a tone of “don’t bother me if you have any idea of what’s good for you’ voice.

“Master!” the dog giggled, but refused to quit following Gaz. After a few more moments of extended silence, it again asked, “Whatcha doing?”

The single-mindedness of the disguised SIR unit went beyond what any human could be capable of. It was rather plain that the little robot would continue to ask until it received an answer.

“I’m looking for something more interesting.” She said as a ghost floated past her. She ignored it. Unlike her brother, she wasn’t stupid so it took more than a few phantasms to excite the girl.

The moving staircases she found a short time later got her attention for a short time, but after a very little while she stepped up on them to continue her wanderings.

In one room she found an odd mirror that showed her a vision of the most sought after dream in her young heart. She saw herself in fancy, expensive Mage-robes and flanked by her brother and an older man she didn’t know well yet…the same man that had taken Draco after she’d freeze-dried him a bit ago.

She merely glared at the image and then left the ‘dog’ in there alone…making wet, sloppy noises and crooning at whatever he saw there.

“I LOVE YOU RUBBER PIGGY!”

Gaz shuddered at the mental image that gave her. Some things were best left unasked….

~*~

Growly was about ready to give up on her Zim hunt. All four of her little cat-feet hurt and she wasn't all that thrilled about being the one saddled with the duty anyway. It was Dib’s fault that the alien had the run of the school premises, after all! As she thought this, she realized that she was right back at her starting point. Again! It was obviously a hopeless endeavor.

She smiled evilly. It was time to cheat!


END PART 2