Title: Captured

Author: Caliadragon

Date: December 19

Fandom: Harry Potter

Pairing: Harry/Severus

Rating: PG

Summary:

Disclaimer: Not Mine, Unfortunately

Feedback address: Caliadragon@myself.com

Advertisement: Part of the SAC-2003 at: http://www.kardasi.com/Advent/2003

Note: No spoilers.

Beta: Thanks to the talented and lovely Edi



Captured
by Caliadragon


Harry lay on his side looking at the snow falling on the window panes. A fire burned cheerfully in the hearth, but he really wasn't paying attention. He was warm and safe for the first time in nearly six years. It was still a shocking concept to a boy who had spent all of his life in danger of something. In danger of starving or being beaten to death by his relatives. Then after his eleventh birthday and Hogwarts he had to fear Death Eaters and Voldemort.

Now those threats were all gone. In their place was contentment and safety. He had been accepted, more like forced, into a family beyond the Weasley's. He still had his best friends and his god-father was actually making an effort to get along with his new family. Harry hated it all with a passion.

"Are you alright, Harry?" Rolling onto his back he looked up at the man who had taken him.

"I'm fine, Severus, just enjoying the snow," Harry told him calmly.

The former Professor raised an eyebrow at this but did not counter the boy's words. It was probably the truth, though not all of it. Harry was still getting used to his new life. It was not rare to find him staring off into the distance or into the fire.

Walking around the sofa he came and crouched down in front of his husband. The boy was undoubtedly beautiful. Perhaps i t was that beauty that called to the Dark Lord. The beauty that ultimately led to his fall. There was no doubting the power the younger wizard possessed or even the danger he could have become had he been a little darker or a little more jaded.

Instead he stood for what was right and destroyed Voldemort. Ending a war and the dark blight that had hung over the wizarding world for nearly forty years.

No one could have suspected that, after the war, the boy would disappear or that Fudge would try to turn them all against the innocent child that had saved them all. In the end they had had no choice but to hunt the boy down and bring him back to a place he didn't want to be.


\\Flashback//

Harry looked up and down the street. He could feel eyes on him. He couldn't shake the feeling that he was being followed. Sighing, he wondered if he would ever lose the paranoia that had haunted him for th e last few years. He knew that Voldemort was dead. Hell, he was the one that killed him. The last six months had been a gift to him. He had had true peace. Working in a muggle book store selling adventures and truths to those who sought them.

Now the paranoia and the crawling sensation had returned and Harry hated it. He wanted to be left in peace. He wanted to live alone. Harry knew that he should contact his friends, but he just couldn't. Not yet, anyway.

Ron and Hermione had both survived the war and for that Harry would always be grateful. Surprisingly, the Malfoys had lived through the war and had been exposed as spies for the side of the light. Several of the Slytherins and all of the Weasley clan had also survived. In fact all of Harry's friends and even some of his worse enemies had made it through the war.

Shaking off the thoughts that led to the war and the rage he still harbored for Dumbledore and Fudge, Harry continued to walk to h is modest flat.

He felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up just as two people apparated in front of him. He had his wand drawn and pointed at them before he felt the movement behind him. Cursing his luck he heard "Stupefy!" yelled at him and knew no more.

The next time he opened his eyes he realized he was in the infirmary at Hogwarts. Sitting up he saw Albus Dumbledore, Siri, Mione, Ron, Remus Lupin, Lucius Malfoy and Severus Snape all looking at him. Madam Pomfrey was looking at Harry with a sad and guilty look.

"Why am I here?" Harry asked angrily, sitting up and swinging his legs off of the bed. He had every intention of leaving Hogwarts. He had sworn once he would never willingly return to the school and he meant it.

"Harry, I'm afraid you are under house arrest," Albus told him gently.

Harry looked at him in shock. "Why?!"

"You left the wizarding community and I'm afraid that Fudge has seen that as a betrayal," Albus informed him gently.

"Why? I did what you all wanted! Voldemort is dead! All I want is to live in peace," Harry snapped at him angrily, his anger and distrust of the older man shining in his jade eyes.

"Yes, you did, but you are also very powerful and still underage in the wizarding world. Fudge has been making allusions to the fact that you are trying to become the next Dark Lord and that you have no respect for wizarding law," Mione explained quietly.

Ron nodded. "When you left after graduation you didn't register with the Ministry, marry, go on to a wizard's university or any of the other things you are required to do for the next year. Now he's had you seized. We were just lucky that the Headmaster was able to have you brought back to Hogwarts."

"Yes, I'm sure you were," Harry snarled bitterly.

Siri wasn't the only one to flinch at the anger and bitterness in the boy's tone. Both Lucius and Severus were looking at the boy in a whole new light.
Neither man had ever really looked at the boy. They both knew that they needed to find a way to get Potter away from Fudge and Dumbledore.

"There is one way for Potter to live in peace and be free of Fudge," Lucius said smoothly.

"What way?" Sirius asked eagerly. He wanted his godson safe and happy. He knew that Harry wouldn't find that here.

"He needs to marry," Lucius said.

Harry glared. "Really?"

"Yes, is there anyone that you would like to make the next Mrs. Potter?" Lucius asked, unruffled by the boy's glare.

"I'm gay, there will never be a Mrs. Potter," Harry snapped.

This surprised all of them. Harry swore and made his way over to the infirmary doors. "I'm afraid you cannot leave the infirmary, Harry, not until we prepare your chambers" Albus told him.

"I can't even walk the grounds?"

"No, you are to be confined at all times."

Harry closed his eyes and felt rage and despair war inside him. When he opened his eyes they were flat and emotionless. "I hate you and I hate Fudge. If I have to remain here I don't want to see you," Harry told him tightly, before turning his back on the older wizard and walking to the windows. He never looked back at any of them as they left.

* * *

Upstairs in the Headmaster's office the small group got together to decide Harry's future once again. Once again, without his say so. Two days later he was married to Severus Snape.

* * *

It had been nearly three months since their marriage and Harry had yet to forgive any of them. He was able to go where he pleased, but he was still as much of a prisoner as he had been at Hogwarts. They did not share a bed, something that Severus regretted; but he couldn't force the boy into his bed or his arms.

Harry had been polite, yet distant since the wedding. The coldness had increased upon learning that his new family were the ones that had taken him in the first place.

Lucius walked into the salon and sighed at the sight before him. Cursing the mutt once again for letting it slip that they were the ones to take Harry from the life he had begun to build for himself. Draco was certain that any chance that they had of befriending Harry had ended when he found out.

Even Nari couldn't get the boy to be more than polite. None of them knew what to do to get past the wall that Harry had built around himself. In seven months Harry would be 18, and they were all certain he would demand a divorce and Severus would have no choice but to watch him walk away.

* * *

Harry looked up at Severus Snape and f elt a twinge of guilt go through him. The man had been nothing but kind and understanding, something that had shocked him in the beginning. But Harry had been having a hard time getting past the fact that his life and his choices had been taken away from him. Yet really, not all that much had been taken. Severus and the Malfoys gave him his privacy and they allowed him to go where he pleased, even though he had to have someone with him whenever he went anywhere.

For Harry the situation had been intolerable because of his crush on the older man. He felt that Dumbledore had trapped him into protecting Harry once again, no matter what the other man wanted.

"Why don't you hate me?" Harry asked suddenly.

Severus looked down at him in shock and confusion. "Why would I hate you?"

"You were forced to marry me. Yet again you were pushed into service to protect me. Why don't you hate me for this?"

Lucius and Severus were both sh ocked by the boy's words. "I was forced into nothing. This was my idea."

Harry sat up suddenly. "Your idea?"

"Yes, I had to practically blackmail Albus into officiating at the ceremony," Severus explained.

Harry felt something clench in his chest. "Why?" he rasped.

"I wanted you," Severus said simply. He tensed when Harry closed hs eyes, sure that the boy would turn on him for his confession.

He was shocked when Harry laughed suddenly. It was filled with such joy. When the boy opened his eyes they were shining with joy and with hope. "You really wanted me?"

"Yes."

Harry leaned forward and kissed Severus, expressing all he couldn't with words. Lucius smiled and turned and walked away. Perhaps Harry wouldn't be leaving them after all.

* * *

Harry looked at the the three children in front of him and laughed so ftly, "And that's why your Daddy and I celebrate Christmas Eve as our anniversary instead of the day we were married."

Cedric giggled up at his Poppa and looked up at his Daddy, who was leaning against the wall listening with a slight smile on his face as Harry told their story. "Tell us bout being born, please?"

"Tomorrow. Right now you need to sleep. The rest of the family will be here tomorrow and you need to rest," Severus told his imps. The three little boys sighed and each lay down on their beds. After good night kisses and being tucked in, both men turned and left the room.

As they walked down the hall to their bedroom, Harry reflected on all that had happened in the last six years and was happy about the fact that his husband had captured him.



The End