An Unexpected Quidditch Manuever

By Laguna

Laguna@oldcrows.net

Harry Potter

Harry/Draco

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and his fellow characters were originally created by J.K. Rowling.


An Unexpected Quidditch Manuever
By Laguna


-Part 1-

Harry sped faster and faster upon his Nimbus 2000, gaining ever closer upon the Golden Snitch. His rival, Draco Malfoy, sped alongside him on his Nimbus 2001. The two foes sped faster and faster, each determined to reach the Snitch first.

Draco had an idea that he was sure would work. Leaning over, he edged his broom alongside Harry's. Then, unexpectedly, he pressed his lips to Harry's. Harry would be so disgusted that he would lose his balance. He would hate Draco, but that was nothing new. Any moment now he would fall from his broom. He might even be paralyzed for life. Who would be Gryffindor's Seeker then? Ron Weasley? Slytherin would be guaranteed the cup if that happened. Any moment now...

Harry was taking an awfully long time to fall off his broom, though. And his lips tasted so very sweet. They still had a little of the honey from this morning's biscuits on them. And were pressed quite firmly into Draco's. Draco drew closer, his mind now completely on Harry.

The two wizards were soon locked in a tight embrace, Draco leaning back onto his broomstick while Harry, completely lost in the elegant beauty that was Draco Malfoy. He undid Draco's shirt and let it fall to the ground, his own following soon after.

"What's this?!" Lee stared at the two Seekers in disbelief. "I don't believe it. Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy? Could it be possible that the two Seekers... Yes, I think they're about to..."

"Draco," Harry asked, "Will you marry me?"

"Yes." Draco breathed.

Harry lifted Draco from his broom and flew off at top speed.

"Well, that's certainly a first in the history of Quidditch." Lee remarked. "It would seem that the two Seekers have decided to elope."

Madame Hooch spun around when she heard those words. She scanned the skies , finally spotting the pair off in the distance.

Mounting her broom, she sped off toward the two Seekers.



-Part 2-

Harry flew his broom into the window of the Hogwarts' Palace's old cathedral. The room hadn't been used for its original purpose since the school had begun, but the ghosts of the old staff still lingered there, helping to ward off some of the nastier demons who might try to harm the students.

Old Father Bailey was one of these ghosts. A romantic at heart, he was known for his love of weddings and as Harry began to speak his vows to Draco, he made his appearance, unable to stay away.

"*Ahem*," he coughed. "I believe I should be conducting this wedding. Now, do you, Harry Potter, take Draco Malfoy to be your husband?"

Harry nodded. "I do."

"And do you, Draco Malfoy, take Harry Potter to be your husband?" Old Father Bailey smiled.

Madame Hooch flew in just in time to hear Draco say "I do."

"Then," Old Father Bailey beamed with delight. "I hereby declare you both joined in wedded bliss. You may kiss the... um... oh... well... Harry, you may kiss Draco."

Harry leaned forward and kissed Draco, drawing him close and holding him tightly. Matching rings appeared upon their left ring fingers as the kiss deepened.

"*AHEM!*

The two newlyweds turned and stared at Madam Hooch.

"You are *supposed* to catch the Snitch," she said, quietly looking them over. "NOT THE OTHER TEAM'S SEEKER!"

They stared at each other in shock. Both realizing they had completely forgotten the Quidditch game they'd been in.

"The match!" They both gasped.

Hopping onto Harry's broom, they newly married Seekers followed Madam Hooch back to the Quidditch field.

Above the Quidditch field was a rather colorful message regarding some disgruntled spectator's opinion of the situation.

Looking it over, Draco Malfoy-Potter seemed to think it wasn't a bad idea as he and Harry started to undress each other.

"*Now* they follow directions," Professor Snape muttered from the stands.

Madam Hooch flew up to them and cleared her throat.

Realizing where they were, Harry summoned his cloak and the two Seekers vanished from sight.

"We can only imagine what those two are up to," Lee announced. "Um... guys... the match... hello?"

Draco and Harry reappeared nearly an hour later, both fully clothed and looking very satisfied.

"Well, it seems that our two Seekers have finished making love," Lee announced. "The two kiss as Draco returns to his own broomstick and the game is once again in session."

The Snitch reappeared, the two Seekers once again speeding after it at equal speed and distance.

Then, something unprecedente happened. Harry's and Draco's hands closed around the Seeker simultaneously, their fingers entwined, both making contact at exactly the same moment.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Lee announced, "this is a Quidditch first. Both Slytherin and Gryffindor have gained possession of the Snitch at the same time! This is absolutely incredible!"

"Tie game!" Madam Hooch declared.

The Slytherin and Gryffindor teams simply stared along with the rest of the crowd as Harry and Draco fell into a deep kiss, still holding the Snitch.

******************

"Harry, what is going on," Hermione demanded as she and Ron joined Harry and Draco at the Gryffindor table. "And why is *he* here?"

"Draco's with Gryffindor," Harry said, proudly displaying their new rings. "He married into the family."

"So, you two are now a couple?" Ron asked.

"Wait a second," Hermione was confused. "I thought you hated each other."

"So did we," Draco agreed. "but when we started to really get into that first kiss, I realized that I'd been hiding my real feelings from myself all along."

"You could have waited until after the game," Percy the Prefect told them. "Professor Snape was very annoyed. In fact, that little message you two seemed so keen to act upon was from him."

Then the mail came.

Draco's owl dropped a black envelope into it's master's hand. Draco sighed and opened it. The minute he did so, his clothes turned to rags, his hair, ever so tidy, became as unkempt as Harry's, and the money vanished from his pocket.

Harry stared at him.

"I've just been disinherited," Draco explained.



-Part 3-

Harry continued to stare at Draco, who was becoming more and more self-conscious by the minute.

"What?!" the fair-haired boy finally demanded, unable to stand it any longer.

"I'm looking at the real you," Harry whispered, sounding awestruck. "At what has been hidden behind all that glamor, wealth, and those fancy clothes."

"I can conjure up some new ones."

Draco reached for his wand, but Harry stopped him.

"Why?" Harry asked. "Why cover this up?"

"I'm just.. ordinary like this." Draco protested.

"You can never just be ordinary," Harry reminded him. "Just remember who loves you."

"I look awful," Draco sighed.

"You could stand to get some new robes, but you look as beautiful as ever, Draco Malfoy-Potter."

"I suppose you've thought about where you're going to sleep tonight," Hermione remarked.

Draco and Harry were both wearing very mischievous smiles on their faces. Seeing this, the Weasley Twins, who knew a bit of trouble in the making, could only remark: "Uh oh."

*****

"Oh sorry, Professor Snape," Filch remarked as he began his daily sweeping chores. "Didn't see you sleeping there."

"Mmm... alright... sweep 'round me..." Snape muttered, turning over and falling back to sleep.

Filch did just that, his broom kicking up a cloud of dust that had Snape on his feet and coughing in a manner of seconds. "Good morning, Professor."

Snape didn't reply. Instead, he walked back into his room. Peeves would be getting a very strict talking-to from the Bloody Baron when he heard about this little prank. He was about to summon the Slytherin House ghost when he spotted Harry and Draco curled up in his bed. They had apparently fallen asleep while making love.

Leaning over the sleeping couple, he whispered. "I trust the two of you found my bed quite comfortable last night?"



-Part 4-

Filch watched Snape's door as he tended to the corridor. He was soon rewarded for his patience as he saw first Harry, then Draco fly from the room, clearly not under their own power.

A moment later, Snape's door slammed shut. It was reopened a moment later and a DO NOT DISTURB .. *OR ELSE* sign was hung on the doorhandle.

"You've missed breakfast," Filch warned. "Best hurry, or you'll be late for your first period class."

"Looks like no potions class today," Harry shrugged, giving a little yawn as he helped Draco to his feet. He was sure he was forgetting something, but his sleep-deprived brain couldn't quite figure out what it was "I guess we'd better get going."

The two students hurried, both entering Transfigurations class five minutes late... and completely naked.

"Mr. Potter!" McGonagall was less than amused.

"Yes," Harry and Draco both replied.

The rest of the students began to whisper amongst themselves.

"Oh, for crying out loud," Hermione rolled her eyes.

Ron was staring at Harry at Draco with his mouth wide open.

"I don't know how the other teachers feel about the dress code here at Hogwarts," McGonagall said, "but *I* expect you to at least wear clothes."

Harry and Draco both blushed. At that moment, their uniforms fell upon them from out of nowhere. They pulled them on hurriedly, then hurried over to their seat. They sat down and listened to McGonagall's first instruction.

"Mr. Malfoy!"

"Malfoy-Potter." Draco corrected her.

"Mr. Malfoy-Potter. I suggest you take your *own* seat."

"He can't," Crabbe laughed.

"Harry Potter took his seat last night," Goyle was almost on the floor with laughter.

"Yes, Mr. Goyle, we all know what they were doing last night," Professor McGonagall said, sounding less than pleased. "I must say, Mr. Potter, you disappoint me. You knew that today was a school day. You might have waited before..." she tried to figure out a polite way to put it.

"Before spending half the night banging Draco," Seamus offered.

Professor McGonagall's feathers were a bit ruffled at that colorful remark. "Any further obscenities regarding our new couple and fifteen points will been deducted from your ass."

"Professor?!" Ron half-guffawed.

"I meant from your House. Now, have I made myself clear?"

"Yes, Professor McGonagall, " the class replied.

*******************

Professor Dumbledore stood before the students and other teachers to, once again, award the House Cup.

"This years scores are as follows... Hufflepuff one-hundred and thirty, Ravenclaw one-hundred fifty one. Slytherin two hundred and fifteen and Gryffindor also two hundred and fifteen points. Now, because of the recent marriage between of Mr. Potter and Mr. Malfoy, who I believe is currently going by the name Draco Malfoy-Potter?"

Draco nodded.

"Because of the marriage, Gryffindor and Slytherin are henceforth united as one house which shall from here on be known as..."

It was Draco who made the first request for the new name of the combined houses of Gryffindor and Slytherin, "I suggest we name the house after Rubeus Hagrid in honor of his many years of loyal service to Hogwarts."

A tear trickled down Hagrid's face and lost itself somewhere in his beard. Clearly touched by the choice, he smiled at Draco.

"Well put, Mr. Malfoy-Potter," Dumbledore beamed. "If no one objects, I would like to extend a warm welcome to the students of Hagrid House,"

The banners all changed from their current images to the image of a serpentine dragon which bore a lion's mane about it's head and about a third of the way down it's back.

"A... a dragon," Hagrid sniffled. "Aw, thanks, guys. I don't know I'd ever repay a gift like this... really..."

"You don't have to," Draco glanced quickly at his abdomen, which Harry realized was not quite as flat as it had been in the past. "But if you really want to, you're always welcome to babysit."


(END)