Title: Untitled

Author: Haisley

malchienne@hotmail.com


Rating: PG-13

Fandom: The Handler

Characters: Joe/Lou, Lily

Word Count: 460

Spoilers: Nada, unless maybe the first ep counts.

Author's Notes: This is all Bob's fault! Him and his Renato- smut. ...very, very good and yummy Renato smut... ah well. I promised Angsty!Lily in return for showersmut, so, here ya are, lovey.

Untitled

By Haisley


After ten knocks, she pulls the key out from behind a loose brick. Darnell told her about that, and she doesn't really want to know how he knows. She feels kind of bad, going into Joe's place when he's not
there, but Marcie said he needed to get this package- and Marcie was, she had been told, She Who Must Be Obeyed.

"Joe?" she calls, quietly. Always knock, her father had told her, and if you have to go in when someone isn't home, call out. Ruder to walk in on someone sleeping than it is to wake them up.

"Lou...oh god, yeah..." Oh, and that's Joe, that voice she knows, but hearing it now is like a kick to the stomach. Lou? God. He's got a boyfriend. She just walked in on Joe and-

and she can see them. On the couch, easily visible from the doorway, and she just stands there like an idiot because oh god, it's Joe. Skin. Pretty skin, and Joe, and whoever it is above him it's not her.

Bright eyes meet hers for an instant before the man ducks his head down, away from her.

She drops the package, frozen, pinned to the spot by shock and by Joe's eyes as he leans and tilts his head back. The man above him still has his head down, but she still can't get it out of her mind- "Lou," Joe had cried as she walked in.

Lou. His brother.

"Lily..." spoken the instant she turns to run, and stays burned in her ears, eyes, skin, sending pinpricks down her body as she hits the cold air outside.

-----

She blames the fifteen minutes she's late on traffic. Can't say she spent them staring into a mirror, wondering if that feeling was revulsion....heartache.....lust?

She's proud of the way her voice keeps steady as she asks Joe what the next job is. It's hard, with the way he's looking at her, eyes tearing into her like he's got a thousand words to say and no language to say them in.

He doesn't answer, and the eyes are nearly more than she can take.

"C'mon, Joe. What's next?" He steps towards her, freezing when she jerks back half a step.

"I got a bum job." A sigh. "Dope dealer. Real, this time, Lily..." his voice, his eyes, his whole body softens when he says her name. She has to wonder if, maybe, he thinks she's disgusted, thinks she hates him. He can't know how badly she wants him, even knowing.

Especially, knowing.

The thought scares her, but she can feel it. Pain-and-pleasure pit-of- the-stomach feeling, like someone smacked her with a back of nails, and then kissed her...

God. Joe must be a great kisser.

"It's an easy job. Ain't nothing else that'd suit you, right now."

"Right."

"Lily-"

"No. Shut up, Joe. Just shut up."

END PART 1