Gladiator Slash Fanfiction VII: Coming Together

Author: Melinda

UserTinkerbell16@cs.com

Pairing: Maximus/Cicero/Quentin (Norman Reedus, BOONDOCK SAINTS, GOSSIP, DARK HARBOR)

Details: This continues from Knowledge and Pain, Part VI

Rating: NC-17 Very hot sex!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimers: Yes, I DO NOT own Maximus or anyone else in the Gladiator movie (I think Russell Crowe is scrumptious). I also don't own any characters from the movie listed above, I just think Norman Reedus is a great match for Maximus. So who ever owns the rights to these characters please don't sue, I'm a poor college student just trying to relax from studies. This is just for enjoyment. I will never make any money off of this, but I hope people like what I write

Archive: yes

Name: COMING TOGETHER, Part VII

 

Coming Together
by Melinda

Quentin woke up, frightened, at first not remembering where he was at. He could see the early morning light creeping through the tent. He felt an arm around him, not remembering who he was sleeping with, then it all came back to him. After Cicero had gone to sleep, he had awoken, feeling disoriented. He could feel Maximus inside his head, dreaming. His sleep had been restless, the past day's events going through his dreams. Quentin had gotten up quietly and crept into Maximus' bed, curling up against his warmth. He hated the cold climate. He very seldom could find ways to keep warm, but lying next to Cicero or Maximus seemed to do the trick. He felt warm and comforted at the moment. Maximus stirred and pulled Quentin in closer to him. He sensed that Quentin was awake.

"It's to early...sleep, my child." Maximus mumbled against the back of Quentin's neck. Quentin pushed himself a little closer to Maximus, enjoying the moment. He could feel Maximus' breath on his shoulder and drew comfort from the light touch. Quentin closed his eyes, and listened to the morning coming in. He could feel Maximus coming awake, in his head and his body. Quentin shivered and pulled away slightly. He could feel the fear coming up in him at the thought of a sexual encounter. His one sexual event in his life had been out of violence and he didn't care to endure that again.

Maximus came fully alert when Quentin pulled away, he could feel the fear coming up in the young man. He saw a flash of Quintus' angry face and he moaned, knowing what the boy was afraid of.

"It's all right, I'm not going to hurt you...we won't do anything you don't want to." Maximus turned Quentin to face him, wanting to see his face. The fear was so apparent in his eyes, that Maximus' heart ached seeing it. Quentin reached out again with his mind, exploring what was being offered him. He could feel that Maximus had come to some kind of decision last night. Tentatively, he saw that he was being let in. Quentin understood what a sacrifice Maximus had made coming to this decision. He reached up and touched Maximus' face, tracing the jaw line, the sensual lips, the strong bridge of his nose, on to his high cheek bones and arched eyebrows. Quentin sighed trying to relieve the tension in him, but not sure if he could relax.

Maximus watched the emotions pass over Quentin's face, smiling as he felt the boy reach inside of him and curl up into his soul. He leaned over and kissed Quentin on his slightly parted lips, darting his tongue in and out quickly, tasting him. Quentin jerked up and away. Pulling himself off the bed, he stood and stared at Maximus, afraid. Maximus watched the boy move swiftly, seeing the bruises on the young man's body. He could feel the rage coming up in him, wanting to hurt Quintus for hurting this little one.

Quentin pulled out of Maximus, not wanting to feel the rage so close. He held up a hand as if to ward off a blow. Maximus sat up in bed and reached for Quentin, pulling him close.

"Don't do that...I am not the one who hurt you." Maximus moaned, pulling the boy close. Quentin started to struggle in his arms, feeling the panic rise up in him.

Cicero woke up with a start, hearing Quentin in the next room. He rose rapidly, walking swiftly to Maximus' sleeping quarters and pulled the drapes back. He saw Quentin struggling in Maximus' arms, panic all over his face. At first, Cicero was scared, thinking Maximus was hurting Quentin, but then Maximus looked up and the pain he saw in Maximus' eyes tore a moan out of Cicero's throat. He approached the two of them and gently placed a hand on Quentin's shoulder.

"Shhhh...it's all right, little one...he's not going to hurt you...relax..." Cicero stroked Quentin's hair, repeating what he was saying over and over. Slowly, Quentin relaxed, breathing deeply. Cicero sat next to Maximus on the bed, leaning in towards Quentin. He stroked the boy's face, gently tracing his finger down to the slightly parted lips, touching the small beauty mark on his upper lip. Maximus leaned back against the pillows on his bed, half sitting, half laying, pulling Quentin with him. Quentin reached out and pulled Cicero down with him. Quentin could feel himself relax, his desire coming forward tentatively. Having Cicero near him raised his arousal and his security. Cicero laid himself next to Maximus with Quentin between them. Maximus grabbed the covers and threw them across their bodies. He had noticed that Cicero was naked and he moaned, remembering the last time he had seen Cicero naked.

Quentin moved, shifting his body, trying to push the image of Cicero being hurt out of his mind.

"Don't...please...don't think about that time...it's over." Quentin touched Maximus' face, forcing him to look in his eyes. Quentin lay on his back between Maximus and Cicero, feeling safe and secure. Maximus stared into those deep, dark blue eyes, getting lost in them. He leaned forward and kissed his eye lashes. Quentin raised up towards the kiss, at the same time raising his hand to Cicero's face and drawing Cicero towards his lips. He took in the scent of Maximus and Cicero, the mixture of spice and musky manliness was so erotic.

Maximus ran his hand slowly down Quentin's small body, stroking softly his stomach, following the light brushing of hair down to his hips. He didn't touch Quentin's penis just yet, not sure how welcome his touch would be. His thoughts began to wander towards Cicero who was watching his hand as he continued to stroke Quentin. Cicero leaned forward and kissed Quentin's neck, licking gently the sweat at the crevice of his neck and collar bone. Quentin moaned and arched his back towards the stroking hand and parted lips on his body. He grabbed the blanket and threw the blanket off. The heat of their bodies were enough to keep him warm in the cold morning air.

Quentin sat up and crawled over Maximus, placing Maximus between him and Cicero. Maximus moaned, turning his head towards Quentin as Quentin latched on to his lips, sucking on the offered tongue, biting Maximus' lower lip. Maximus answered the bite with one of his own, putting his hand behind Quentin's head and pushing his mouth tightly onto his own.

Cicero whimpered, once again being offered the warrior's body, but in much better circumstances. He leaned towards Maximus, gently running his fingers around his nipples, brushing the hair on his chest with his palms. Maximus arched into Cicero's hands, exalting in a touch he had been craving for years. Only today, Cicero was a free man, not a boy slave owned by a spoiled child. Cicero kissed Maximus' exposed neck as Maximus was kissing Quentin. The sensation and knowledge that all three of them were making love as one was exhilarating.

Maximus took his hand from Quentin's head and reached over to turn Cicero so that his ass was buried into his hips. Cicero moaned in expectation. He took the perfumed jasmine oil Maximus burned in his prayer offerings to his ancestors and handed the small bottle to Quentin. As Quentin poured some oil into his palm, Maximus reached up to his hand and coated his own fingers with the oil. He lowered his hand and gently spread Cicero, playing with his opening, experimenting with the tip of his middle finger. Gently pushing into his opening, Cicero groaned and pushed onto Maximus' finger, wanting to feel the fullness of him inside of his body.

Maximus' body spasmed and he sucked in his breath as Quentin reached around Maximus' hips and began to stroke his engorged penis with the oil. Quentin watched as Cicero rocked gently into Maximus' hand, opening himself for more. Quentin removed his hand from Maximus' penis, taking away Maximus' hand from Cicero's opening. Maximus breathed heavily as he watched Quentin take his throbbing cock again, wanting to help Maximus enter Cicero.

"Let me help..." Maximus felt what Quentin wanted, so he reached for Cicero's hips and guided him onto his penis. Quentin moaned as he helped Maximus slide into Cicero. He kept his hand down by Maximus' shaft, wanting to feel Cicero and Maximus' body rock together in slow, rhythmic motions. He again reached for the oil and poured more onto his hands, he rubbed the oil onto his own penis, then guided his hand to Maximus' opening. Quentin gently pushed his finger into Maximus' pleasure point.

Maximus threw back his head and moaned loudly, never before experiencing so much pleasure mixed with pain. He wanted to feel Quentin in him, not understanding this need, but knowing that he had to have this boy in him. Quentin smiled, reaching with his mind and stroking Maximus' thoughts. He let him know that he wouldn't ever hurt Maximus, but he wasn't ready for him to enter his own tender body, which was still throbbing from the bruising he had taken from Quintus.

Maximus pushed his own hips back and forth onto Quentin's finger as he continued pushing his penis into Cicero. Cicero kept groaning and panting with each thrust, spreading his legs and pushing onto Maximus' assaulting penis. Quentin reached down and slid his own small, but throbbing penis into Maximus. He couldn't believe the tight sensation he was feeling on his penis. He was a little clumsy with his maneuverability, having never done this before. Once he was able to get the rhythm Maximus' had going for him and Cicero, the sensation picked up.

He reached over Maximus and grabbed Cicero's pulsating cock. Cicero cried and helped Quentin's hand hold him, showing him how to stroke him. Quentin could feel himself getting ready to explode, he reached for Maximus with his mind, wanting him to be one with him as he came. Maximus, feeling the boy beginning to reach his climax he turned his head and begged for Quentin's lips. Quentin locked lips with Maximus, and thrust his hips fiercely into the warrior. Maximus, with the help of Quentin stroking Cicero, shoved harder into Cicero. Cicero started keening with high expectancy, then he screamed as he started coming all over Quentin's hand.

Maximus slammed into Cicero as Quentin slammed into him. He felt his desire reach it's earth shattering climax, pulling Cicero down hard onto his cock as Quentin started pushing harder into Maximus. Maximus moaned, but he reached around and pulled Quentin out of him.

"Come here..." he barked, out of breath with his own orgasm, his penis exploding into the warmth of Cicero. He turned slightly towards Quentin.

"Don't come...I want you in my mouth...now." Maximus demanded.

Quentin was squirming, almost crying with frustration, but he moved and positioned his hips, with his knees on each side of Maximus' face. He lowered his penis into Maximus' mouth. Maximus let go of Cicero, rolling over so as to accommodate Quentin's position, he grabbed Quentin's hips and helped him move in and out of his hot, seeking mouth. He wanted to taste this boy, wanted to have all of him, all over him, all in him.

Cicero rolled over and gently stroked Quentin's balls which were against Maximus' chin. Quentin, screaming quietly, threw back his head and lost control, coming in Maximus' mouth. Maximus' swallowed, licked, sucked all he could get out of Quentin. Cicero moved his own mouth to Maximus', licking Quentin's come that had trickled down Maximus' chin. Quentin moved slightly, his penis coming out Maximus' mouth and Cicero licked quickly with his tongue the few drops left on his cock.

As Quentin slid down Maximus' body, pressing his now semi- soft penis against Maximus', he watched as Cicero leaned into Maximus' mouth, reaching his tongue in to taste Maximus and Quentin. Maximus sighed as Cicero laid his head against his shoulder and slowly went to sleep, the sleep of contentment. Maximus shifted a little to accommodate both Quentin and Cicero laying on top of him. He enjoyed the feeling of both men wrapped around him. He drifted off to sleep.

**************

Maximus woke up, feeling the morning light on his face. He stirred, moving slowly, so as not to disturb Cicero. Cicero mumbled, and turned his back to Maximus, wanting to sleep some more. Maximus bolted straight up. Quentin wasn't laying next to him. He could sense where Quentin was at, so he jumped out of bed, grabbing his pants and thrusting them on. He found his tunic and pulled it over his head, strapping on his belt, with it's small carry pouch for his knife. Cicero sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"What's wrong? Where's Quentin?" Cicero asked, noticing the absence of the boy.

"He's at the horse stalls. Damn him! He should know not to wander the camp, with Quintus and Commodus so close." Maximus spoke gruffly, trying to hurry.

"Stay here in case he comes back and we miss each other." Maximus walked briskly out of the tent.

***************

The camp was alive with waking soldiers. Some were washing themselves at the open bath showers set up for the foot soldiers. Others were cooking their morning tea over open fires, while others were standing by the rows of fire bins, warming themselves. They all stood and hailed Maximus as he walked by. Maximus tried not to ignore his men, but he felt this urgency to get to the stalls. He smiled and nodded where need be, but didn't stop to speak with any of the men.

As he approached the stalls he could hear Quentin talking to the horses. He glanced around and once he felt the area was safe, Maximus entered the stalls, gently touching Argento's flanks, letting the horse become aware of his presence. Quentin looked up startled, but once he saw it was Maximus, he smiled. Maximum noticed that Quentin had on one of his tunics, which was to big for him, falling off of his shoulders, exposing a vulnerable area around his neck. Maximus approached Quentin and grabbed him by the shoulders, shaking him slightly.

"What are you doing here?" Maximus questioned between clenched teeth. He could feel the fear rising up in him, the fear of losing this one. "It's not safe here...running around. I can't protect you if I am not with you!" Quentin winced as Maximus' fingers dug into his shoulders. Quentin pushed his hands away.

"You are hurting me!" Quentin stepped back, a little wary. Not sure why Maximus was angry with him. He didn't like being in Maximus' mind when he was angry. He turned and picked up the bucket to feed the horses.

"I couldn't sleep. I like being with the animals, so I came out to feed them, besides no one would hurt me, they know I belong to you now." Quentin answered, not looking at Maximus' scowling face. He filled the oat bucket and gave it to Argento. The horse seemed quite content with his feed and ignored the men in his stall.

"I cannot keep you safe, if you are wandering all over the place. There are people here who would love to hurt you, because of me. Quintus is one of them. How could you leave without telling me?" Maximus moaned, grabbing Quentin again, trying to get him to look at him. Quentin did and saw the fear and pain in his eyes. He reached out with his thoughts, looking for answers.

"Oh...baby, I'm sorry," Quentin whispered, reaching up to take Maximus' face in his hands. The pain he saw there was almost unbearable. Maximus pulled Quentin tight into his arms.

"Now that I've found you, I can't loose you...I need you so much." Maximus whispered, going down on his knees in front of Quentin, looking up, wanting Quentin to understand. Maximus wrapped his arms around Quentin's hips and drew him close, burying his face into the softness of Quentin's stomach. Quentin leaned back, jutting his hips forward as he looked at Maximus, running his fingers through his hair.

"It's all right, Maximus...I won't do it again." Quentin could feel a stirring in his loins, loving the feeling of Maximus holding him close. Maximus felt Quentin's erection rising against his chest. He ran his hands down Quentin's thighs, then up and underneath his tunic. Quentin had nothing else on underneath, and this excited Maximus. He moaned as he lowered his mouth on Quentin's erect penis, enjoying the soapy taste of his pre-cum sliding down his throat. He grabbed Quentin's ass and using his hands helped Quentin get a rhythm going in and out of his mouth. Quentin exploded rapidly in Maximus' mouth. He had very little control over his body, not being used to the sensations of sex.

Maximus rose slowly, bringing Quentin up with him. He lifted Quentin up off the ground and Quentin wrapped his legs around Maximus' waist. Maximus spread his legs to balance the weight he was carrying, pushing Quentin's back against the rear wall of the stall. He reached between Quentin's legs, which were still wrapped around his waist, and started pulling up his own tunic. Lowering his pants, he pulled his hard cock out and started rubbing it against Quentin's.

Quentin reached down and wrapped his hands around his cock and Maximus' cock and started stroking them together. Maximus moaned at the sensation of this boy's hands pulling his cock, rubbing his cock against the boy's own cock. Quentin was hard again, enjoying Maximus' passion. Quentin lowered one leg to the ground, so as to balance himself better, but kept the other up and around Maximus' waist. Maximus placed one hand against the wall to give him better leverage as he started shoving his hips and cock against Quentin, seeking release, needing release.

Quentin shifted again, getting down on his knees, taking Maximus' cock into his warm, wet mouth. Maximus moaned, grabbing Quentin's head and gently pushing Quentin's mouth up and down his entire shaft. Quentin almost choked at first, but relaxed his throat, to accommodate the hugeness of him. He felt Maximus quiver, thrust one more time and shoot his load down Quentin's throat. Quentin swallowed rapidly, as Maximus kept coming. After he was done, Maximus crumbled to his knees and wrapped Quentin in his arms. They both leaned into each other, breathing heavily.

Quentin sat back, looking at Maximus. Maximus was so vulnerable at this moment, his pants down part way, his semi-soft penis resting against his stomach. Quentin reached over and stroked his penis, enjoying the satin smoothness and the minuscule movements of Maximus' stomach as the sensation of his hand sent quivers up and down his body. Maximus reached out and brought Quentin's mouth to his, licking the lips, then pushing his tongue in, wanting Quentin to suck him in. Quentin took him in, caressing with his own mouth.

"I love you, Quentin." Maximus uttered those words and Quentin leaned back to look at his warrior. He reached with his mind and all he felt was love and gentleness. His heart soared, knowing that he had finally met his mate.

"I love you, too, my Spaniard." Quentin whispered these words against Maximus' mouth, kissing him passionately. Maximus helped Quentin pull his tunic back over his nakedness, then pulled his own pants up and straightened his own tunic. He sat back against the stall, guiding Quentin between his legs and letting him lean his back against his chest. He gently played with Quentin's hands, taking in every inch of him. He chose his words wisely.

"I never thought I would feel so passionately for anyone ever again. I had felt passion for Cicero, but things changed after that night. Mostly it was my doing. I had felt so responsible for what happened...I know now that I probably couldn't have prevented it, and I know that what had happened to Cicero still goes on today. I just can't save everyone." Maximus spoke slowly, painfully. His love for Quentin was also creating a lot of fear, and he needed to find a safe haven for Quentin until the army was ready to move and he could return home. Quentin could feel the turmoil going on inside of Maximus and knew he needed to just sit and listen. Maximus would eventually tell him what he needed to say.

"Cicero and I are so close, I couldn't imagine my life without him. And this morning being with you and Cicero was heaven. I don't want to lose this. I can't lose this. My need for you and Cicero is intense and I have to get both of you out of here. It is not safe here, for either of you." Maximus was speaking more rapidly, his thoughts racing.

"I have a home in Trujillo. My home is beautiful. It has been in the family forever. I love this land and feel bound by this land. My son lives there now, with his mother." Maximus was hesitant, not sure how to explain his wife to Quentin. Quentin could feel his confusion and turned slightly, kissing his cheek, giving him encouragement.

"In my family, my village...marriages...are arranged early on. My family arranged my marriage...to a neighboring village family. My family and my wife's family were...are prominent people in the village. Our marriage would bring the...did bring the two villages together. Making the villages stronger...so that when times were hard we could depend on each other. The marriage was a good arrangement. Both villages, Trujillo and Bonata are strong now...no disease, no hunger among the people." Maximus stopped speaking, thinking about his home and the people there. The success of both families and the people of the villages who depended on the farmland to survive, filled Maximus with joy, knowing he had made the right decision.

"My wife, she is a good woman. Beautiful and strong, able to be on her own and handle the land and needs of the villagers without me. She is a brave woman...a good mother." Quentin stirred, feeling Maximus' hesitation, knowing that Maximus was uncertain as to what category to put his wife.

"I was fifteen and she was ten, when our marriage had been arranged. At fifteen, I just figured that was how things were. But when I was eighteen, I met another woman. She was beautiful, so full of fire. Meeting her brought about the biggest change in my life. She was different. I didn't know if I loved her, but making love with her was wild, forbidden." Maximus smiled as he remembered.

"But that relationship wasn't meant to be. When I turned twenty, I felt what true passion really was. But things turned out so wrong then." Maximus shook his head, not wanting to remember, feeling as if he had relived that event of his life enough.

"I turned myself off to feeling. When I turned twenty-seven I returned to Trujillo and did my duty. I married my wife and brought the families together. I mated with her and she in turn gave me a beautiful son whom I love with all my heart. He was the only thing I had ever been passionate about. I want to fulfill every one of his needs. Watching him grow has been the single most greatest pleasure of my life, till..." Maximus turned Quentin towards him, looking him in his eyes.

"What I feel for you is different...my son, he holds me in a different place in my heart. But you...you fill me in ways that I never knew could be filled. My life feels whole for the first time...I can't lose you, so...I want you and Cicero to leave here as soon as possible. I want you to both go to Trujillo and wait for me." Maximus could see the pain cross over Quentin's face.

"Please...don't send me away...I don't want to be away from you. When you are not near, the pain of you being in my head is intense. Please...don't" Quentin started crying, turning and wrapping himself around Maximus.

"Shhhh...don't cry. I have to make sure you are safe. I will meet you in Trujillo in a few days, but you must go...I won't take any chances with what I have here with you and Cicero." Maximus kissed Quentin on the forehead and cheek then stood up. He took Quentin's hand and led him out of the horse's stall. He walked through the camp, holding Quentin's hand, not caring who saw them together. Quentin stayed back a step or two, trying to wipe the tears from his face. He could see some of the soldiers looking at him. He wondered what they thought of their General holding a slave's hand.

Maximus stopped and turned towards Quentin. He raised Quentin's face up, his hand under Quentin's chin. He could feel Quentin's pain and curiosity running through him. To show that he didn't care what his men might think of his need for this young one, Maximus gently kissed Quentin's lips, then his tears.

"Come, it's cold and I still have to see the Emperor before I am able to leave. I also need to speak with Cicero so that he can get things packed for you and him to take on your journey." Maximus started walking again, only this time he put his arm around Quentin and he walked with him by his side.

Off to the side, in a tent obscured by trees, a bloody hand was holding the flap open enough so that an eye and part of a bloody face could look out. Commodus moaned as he watched Maximus kiss the boy.

"Quintus, is this the slave he took from you?" Commodus demanded. Quintus got up from the bed almost as if he was drunk. The tent was dark and he nearly tripped over the body of one of the slaves lying dead on the floor. Quintus whimpered as he struggled towards Commodus, knowing that once again he was under Commodus' power. And this time he didn't think he could get away. He glanced out of the opening towards where Commodus had motioned. He saw Maximus holding the slave close to him and a pang of envy shot through his heart. That boy had belonged to him and once again Maximus had taken a toy away from him. He would have to pay!

Commodus read the intent on Quintus' face and knew he had an ally when the time came for Commodus to act. He watched as Maximus and the boy disappeared into the General's tent and the anger he felt at Maximus for not wanting him started to overcome his need for him.

"Quintus, get rid of the bodies, clean up and return to my tent as soon as possible! We have much to discuss!" Commodus demanded, turning towards the water basin to remove the blood from his body.

*************************

"Cicero, my armor." Maximus walked into the tent, feeling this urgency come over him. Quentin pulled away from Maximus, his unhappiness apparent on his face. Maximus could feel the unhappiness wash over him in waves, but he ignored it. His mind was made up. Cicero came in, wondering what had transpired between these two, but performing his duties without question. Maximus' senses were heightened and at the touch of Cicero's hands around his torso while he was putting on his armor, just drove him.

"Cicero, I want you to get things packed up and ready to go. As soon as I get back from the Emperor's you and Quentin are to leave for Trujillo." Maximus ordered.

"Sir? Trujillo? Without you? What's going on?" Cicero was alarmed, he had never been sent ahead of Maximus. They had always stayed together. He glanced at Quentin who was pacing the floor, biting his nails nervously, looking up at them every now and then, surreptitiously. Maximus grabbed Cicero and drew him close. He looked lovingly into those deep brown eyes, taking in his spicy scent.

"Before...before this," Maximus motioned with his head towards Quentin and then back to Cicero. "It was easy to keep you safe. All I had to do was let the men know that you were mine, no one would dare mess with you. But now...there is both of you to worry about and things have changed. My need for you...for him...I can't lose either of you. You will both be safe in Trujillo." Maximus looked at Cicero with desire and need pouring out of him. He reached up a hand and gently traced the scars on his face. He then kissed each scar and Cicero moaned, pressing his body against Maximus'. Quentin sat down to watch, enjoying Cicero's happiness and Maximus' hunger.

Maximus pressed his body into Cicero's then reached his hands into Cicero's pants and pulling his erect penis out. With a few exquisite strokes, Cicero came in Maximus' hands. Maximus smiled tenderly at how quick Cicero came, knowing that Cicero had saved himself all these years for him. What torture his life must have been to have been so close but never allowed to touch. Maximus raised his hand to his mouth and licked Cicero semen off of his fingers. Then kissed Cicero softly.

"Please...do as I say. Pack what you need...I will be back shortly to help...but I need both of you safe from here. Things don't feel right and I need to have my head clear and with both of you here and me worrying, it is not going to work." Maximus whispered these words against Cicero's lips and neck. He glanced over at Quentin who was still watching them. "Don't let him out of your sight. I'm going to post two of my most trusted men out front so no one will enter my tent without going through them first." Maximus pulled away from Cicero and walked towards the door.

"Maximus...why now? Why are you so worried now?" Cicero still couldn't understand Maximus' fear.

"Commodus...Quintus, both here at the same time. Quintus up to his old tricks with this one." Maximus pointed towards Quentin. "I don't trust anything when these two are around." Maximus looked at Cicero then Quentin with love in his eyes.

"All right, we'll pack." Cicero accepted Maximus' decision. Maximus was almost out the door when Quentin spoke up. He turned to listen, his heart open, his mind full of Quentin's pain.

"Spaniard...for you, I will go. But I think it is not wise for me to leave you. You need me...I need you...and I love you." Quentin turned away, tears welling up and spilling over. He didn't want Maximus to see him cry again. Maximus moaned but turned and continued out the door to see the Emperor.

**********************

"We shouldn't leave him...things aren't right here!" Quentin stood up, coming towards Cicero. Cicero was still slightly disrobed, his soft penis still exposed. Quentin reached down and covered him up. Cicero moaned at the touch, but he knew they didn't have time. He had heard Quentin's fear and wasn't sure how to approach the situation.

"That is why we need to leave. Maximus is a strong soldier, a powerful warrior, he can take care of himself, but if he has to worry about us, it could weaken him." Cicero spoke carefully, needing Quentin to understand. But Quentin shook his head.

"He needs us, he just doesn't know it. Perhaps if we just go far enough away, but stay close enough to the army, maybe we can help him if he needs it?" Quentin questioned, hoping for Cicero to agree.

"No...we go to Trujillo when the time is right. Come, we must pack." Cicero commanded.

 

Continues in
Love and Death