Untitled Final Fantasy 7: Book 2

by Sephiroth

Sephiroth@map.com

Disclaimer: I didn't create 'em. I ain't gettin' paid.

Warning: Warning! There is no sex in this fic, but the world is probably gonna get... (doing a passable Gilda Radner impression) never mind.

 

Untitled Final Fantasy 7: Book 2

by Sephiroth


Vincent paced the waiting room of the hospital. "Lu'," he asked, "did I do the right thing? She's so young, I know. But she's been there for me, always, without question or blame. She's so much like you. Her heart, her soul. I can't help loving her."

"Mr. Valentine."

Vincent turned to face the doctor.. "How is my wife?"

"She's doing very well. She had a healthy baby girl."

"When can I see them?"

"Right away." the doctor lead Vincent into the recovery room where Yuffie was holding a little girl in her arms.

"Oh, Vincent. Isn't she beautiful?"

Vincent nodded. "Just like her mother."

Yuffie shook her head. "No." she said. "Just like Aeris. Hey! You don't suppose...?"

"If Sephiroth can come back, so can Aeris." Vincent shrugged. "I wonder how Cloud and Tifa are holding up these days?"

"I just spoke with Tifa the other day." Yuffie replied. "She says she was just getting used to Sephiroth being her son and then he turned two."

"Poor Tifa." Vincent sympathized.

*****

Tifa, Cloud and little Sephiroth arrived at the hospital the following afternoon. The toddler was scampering about the room, getting into everything while Tifa tried to settle him down. After a
while, Cloud managed to get hold of his son. "See the baby?" he asked, pointing at little Aeris.

Sephiroth looked at the recently born infant. "She looks funny." he said, in the innocent way of toddlers."

"So did you."

Sephiroth stuck his tongue out at Cloud.

"Sephiroth, be nice." Tifa warned.

"Yes, mommy." Sephiroth replied.

 

-Book 2-
-Part 2-

Little Sephiroth stood by Aeris's cradle, looking down at the small infant "Aunty Yuffie?" he asked, looking up at the child's mother, "How come you had a baby?"

"Well..." Yuffie hedged. "Vincent and I wanted a child, so we had little Aeris."

"Do you hate your baby?"

"No, honey." Yuffie was somewhat taken aback. "Sephie, why would you ask such a thing?"

"My mommy hates me." Sephiroth sniffled.

Yuffie hugged him. "I'm sure you're wrong." she said, hoping that was the case.

-Book 2-
-Part 3-

Tifa listened from the doorway. She'd tried to hide her anger toward her son's former self from the boy. Was it really that transparent? She'd never meant for him to know. She wondered how he'd found out.

"Cloud, " she said as her husband joined her, "he knows. What am I supposed to do now?"

"Talk to him. Explain that you don't hate him, that the person you hated was another Sephiroth."

"But it wasn't another Sephiroth." Tifa exclaimed. "it was him."

Their son toddled away from Yuffie and joined his parents. "Mommy? What did I do bad? Why don't you love me?"

"You didn't do anything bad, son." Cloud told him. "And mommy doesn't hate you."

"She does! She does!" Sephiroth was starting to get excitable at this point.

"Oh dear." Tifa groaned. "Cloud do something before your son burns this town down, too!"

Cloud glared at her. "He never did any such thing!" he argued. "Those things happened in his past life, not this one. He's just a baby for crying out loud!"

"A baby I wish I'd never had." Tifa blurted out before she could stop herself.

A nearby chair caught fire.

"There!" Tifa pointed it out. "He did it, didn't you?"

"I didn't mean to!" the toddler wailed. "I'm sorry!"

Cloud quickly cast a water spell, dousing the flames. "Honey," he said, falling to his knees in front of his son and hugging the boy. "Daddy knows it was an accident. We'll have to show you how to
control your special powers so you don't have any more accidents like that." He looked up at Tifa. "Please? He said he was sorry."

Tifa's face softened and she knelt next to her huband. "Sephiroth," she said, taking the boy in her arms. "Listen, it's not you I hate. It's the man you were in the past. Its just hard for me to remember that you're an innocent little boy and not that evil, ruthless, cold-hearted.."

Cloud noticed his wife was becoming angry and placed a calming hand on her shoulder. Tifa calmed down and hugged her son. "I"m sorry, Seph'." she told him. "Forgive me?"

"Uh huh." Sephiroth hugged her 'round the neck and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I love you, mommy."


-Sephiroth-
Fics at
http://www.geocities.com/jnurichan/sephiroth.html