"Nibelheim Revisited."

by Sephiroth

Sephiroth@map.com

Final Fantasy 7

(alternate universe)

(yaoi/slash)

(Cloud/Sephiroth)

submitted for crit

Disclaimer: The characters, props and locations in this work of fanfic belong to SquareSoft Ltd. Please do not sue.

Author's note: Get that image of Jenova Synestra (or however it's spelled) out of your head! This fic features Jenova as she was when Sephiroth and Cloud found her at that Shinra mako plant in Nibelheim.

(additional warning: contains a scene between Sephiroth and Jenova which may be considered erotic to some, though it is not meant to be of a sexual nature.)

 

NEBELHEIM REVISITED

by Sephiroth

"No!" Sephiroth hurled the book across the library, then slumped over the desk, sobbing. "No... I can't be an experiment. I'm not a monster. I'm a human being. I'm not some twisted... I'm not a beast! I... I must see Jenova. When I see her, I'll know. I'll know I'm not a monster!" He leapt to his feet and ran the few miles from the mansion to the plant.

Cloud had been watching out the bedroom window from his mother's house when he saw Sephiroth run by. He got dressed and headed for the door.

"Cloud?" his mother asked. "You're leaving?"

"Sephiroth..." he began.

"You love him, don't you?"

Cloud nodded. "I know you don't approve..."

"Why wouldn't I approve. He's strong, well-respected, quite handsome. If I were younger..." she trailed off. "Well, go take care of your boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend." Cloud admitted. "Not yet, anyhow." he gave her a kiss and then went to see where Sephiroth was off to.

******************

Sephiroth didn't stop running until he was at the door to the Jenova Room.

"Mother," it was half-command, half-plea, "open the door. It's me. Sephiroth."

The door opened and he went in, not sure what he'd find. Not noticing Cloud behind him.

Levitating upward, toward the steel statue, he gripped it and tore it from its moorings. Then, he stared in awe and wonder at the beautiful, naked woman encased in the tube that was now revealed to him.

It was her. Jenova. His mother. Her arms were tied behind her back, her body was angled to make her breasts more visible. Long tubes snaked from her lower abdomen out to the cases were her cells were being used in bizarre Shinra experiments.

He drew closer to her, passing through the glass that separated them, as if it were a wall of water, drawn by her will, letting himself be drawn. He wondered what power she would give to him, what mysteries she would share. He closed his eyes and felt himself drift even closer. He felt his lips touch her smooth breast, felt the nipple form and harden against them.

//Drink...// her voice. So loving. So maternal. It made him forget his age, his rank, his pain. He did as it bid him, never questioning it. His mind never connected the act with anything that might be done between a man and a woman in the act of lovemaking. This was a mother nursing her beloved child. No more, no less.

Cloud ran into the room and stared at the tableau before him. The beautiful Jenova, encased in glass, Sephiroth levitating within the tube, nursing from her as though he were a helpless infant rather than a grown man. This image of vulnerability made the older SOLDIER seem more approachable to Cloud.

//This is a private moment for him.// his mind said. //Go and wait for him in the next room.// He turned and headed for the door. He stopped, paused, and looked back up at Sephiroth for a moment. //I love you, Seph'.//

Sephiroth sensed Cloud's presence and suddenly became acutely aware of his surroundings. He noticed that he was suckling, like an infant, at Jenova's breast. Pulling his lips back from Jenova's breast, he watched as the nipple receded and then faded as though it were never there. A moment ago, his mind had been open to receive Jenova's maternally love and soothing thoughts. And in that state, he'd heard Cloud's thought. One he might not have heard otherwise.

"Do you really love me?"

Cloud looked up and saw Sephiroth standing over him.

"Yes, Sephiroth." he replied. "I always have. Its the reason I joined SOLDIER. I wanted to be like you. To be with you. To be..." he fell silent, letting the thought remain unspoken.

"To be in me?" Sephiroth finished it as he gazed into Cloud's eyes.

Cloud nodded."You're beautiful, Sephiroth." he told the older man. "I've wanted to seduce you and make love with you from the moment I first saw you."

//Bring him in here.// Jenova's voice filled Cloud's mind as well as Sephiroth's. //Let me watch while you make love to my son.//

Cloud took Sephiroth by the hand and lead him back into the Jenova Room...

 

PART TWO SOON